New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E OOC

How dare you spend time doing real life things?!

Related, I'd appreciate happy thoughts this direction. We've got some major home repairs incoming, on top of family coming into town for my uncle's funeral. It's going to be a busy 6 weeks or so, though *mostly* in good ways...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah DrK, real life comes first. Always. Take your time, decompress. Enjoy the weekend ... a happy GM is less likely to T0K the party so we want a happy, relaxed GM!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Just an aside, by DrK's request, there is now an active channel in discord for this game. Please feel free to join us in my simple little server, and you should quickly find the Runelords-2e-drk channel, where we can have text-message speed out of character communication. It's not going to replace this channel, and certainly not the IC, but it's another option for quick questions that may facilitate faster and more consistent posting.

Edit: You will need the appropriate role to speak in that channel, so please @me when you arrive (farmerbink is never taken ;-D ) and I'll set it up for you.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Yeah DrK, real life comes first. Always. Take your time, decompress. Enjoy the weekend ... a happy GM is less likely to T0K the party so we want a happy, relaxed GM!
    Cheers. Comes and goes with the work pressure. But at least PbP is the main relaxation as too cold and snowy to run at the moment! (and WFH means I can post during the day as the work filters don't block me )
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Just an aside, by DrK's request, there is now an active channel in discord for this game. Please feel free to join us in my simple little server, and you should quickly find the Runelords-2e-drk channel, where we can have text-message speed out of character communication. It's not going to replace this channel, and certainly not the IC, but it's another option for quick questions that may facilitate faster and more consistent posting.

Edit: You will need the appropriate role to speak in that channel, so please @me when you arrive (farmerbink is never taken ;-D ) and I'll set it up for you.
    CHeers for setting that up

@ ALL

As I'll need to make a map for the next bit I'll be doing that tomorrow when I've got some time
    Last edited by DrK; 2021-02-12 at 05:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

I will make my ST here, if you don't mind.

(1d20+5)[7]
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

save (1d20+8)[20]

Zero Prime - please note that attempts to circumvent the board's language filter are against board rules.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry Stack I've been using english slang the whole way through to represent the foul mouthed young street wizard, but I will go ahead and edit. Apologies.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry Stack I've been using english slang the whole way through to represent the foul mouthed young street wizard, but I will go ahead and edit. Apologies.
    I was mainly letting you know to avoid potential moderation issues.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Will save for Jannis: (1d20+9)[13] vs DC 12

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

P11 and Q12 ref saves (2d20)[14][15](29)

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Clearly fear the wrath ofthe hungover Lysander as he chops down 2 goblins !
    (1st attack misses, other 2 hit)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Vs burning (4d20)[16][19][4][3](42)
    vs lightning (2d20)[17][12](29)

I'll update the IC, sorry its been slow this week, its been a busy one

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the delays. Its been intense at work

Goblin colour spray saves (3d20)[13][4][15](32)
    Tsuto (1d20)[4]

Goblin lightning arcs (2d20)[2][20](22)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Multiple failures means he blinded goblins are easy prey for Lysander and a critical is brutal on poor Tsuto, that was a walkover!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

As we secure Tsuto, can we search him, determine if he has any information on him, letters, or communication with outside factions? I am also a little fuzzy on the area we encountered him in, so we should probably search the area as well for more of the same. Determine if he we can find proof that he was in league with the previous goblin raid, and to what end?

Wow! There is *alot* to unpack from that journal.

1st off, let's work on the premise that Nualia is his lover

A quasit, with freaks, has access to the smelting tunnels ...
    Bruthazmus, a bugbear, is some sort of henchmen to Nualia & Tsuto
    Nualia working to release an entity, Malfeshnekor
    Nualia removing her celestial taint, burning her father's remains (Tobyn?) started a transformation, beginning with her hand
    Working to purge Sandpoint as an offering to Lamashtu

So my question is, do any of Alexej's knowledge's apply to identifying these people or creatures? Quasits? Succubi? Would I know they are demons? Nualia's relationship to the stolen body? And who is Lamashtu?
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-03-17 at 03:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107

And who is Lamashtu?
    Goddess of Monsters. She's well known on Golarion, so I guess all of our characters have at least heard of her.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-03-17 at 06:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

After we tend to Ameiko, I suggest checking into these lower tunnels thoroughly.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

I agree, but I'm tapped out! We've done the crypts, and the glass works now. If we're descending to deal with a quasit, potentially a bugbear mercenary, and more goblins, I'm down to a single 1st level spell slot and cantrips to throw at them.

20. - Top - End - #110

IMHO, we should first take Tsuto to the Guards' barracks and interrogate him; then we should do some research about quasits and rest a bit - I mean, we're talking about a demon and multiple unknown opponents (the diary says the Quasit has "freaks" under her command, it would be really helpful to get some answers from Tsuto about these creatures) and rushing the tunnels seems rash.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Question, how much 'Downtime' can we reasonably expect? I took Magic Crafting to pump out scrolls, potency charms, and runestones, etc, but if we're not likely to have much down time, it would be a bit of a waste, as crafting takes 4 days minimum.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Question, how much 'Downtime' can we reasonably expect? I took Magic Crafting to pump out scrolls, potency charms, and runestones, etc, but if we're not likely to have much down time, it would be a bit of a waste, as crafting takes 4 days minimum.

Read the crafting rules. I think we can simplify that a little, r at least change that.
    Assume that level 1-4 = 1 day/evening
    Level 5-8 = 2 days etc...

That should make it a little easier and tops out at 4 days when you get to level 12+ and makes it a more usable. The downtime is variable in Runelords. Sometimes you are rushed, in this situation you can spend a couple of days interrogate Tsuto/ talking to Ameiko before investgating the ruins under the town or where the goblins re gathering

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

So with about 12 gold, I can make us 4 Potency charms, which, when activated (for 1 action) give you a +1 to hit & an additional weapon die of damage, when we have more time I can make a blank rune stones to move Potency from one weapon to another, if I am reading Runes right. Runes are a little fuzzy to me, so if I am wrong please correct me.

I can also make scrolls, however I, or someone else, needs to be able to cast the spell into them. So this could be collaborative at this point. I am not too worried about making Wizard scrolls for myself, just yet, but some low level heals might help.

I am all for decking us out, we just need the time and the funds.

Sooooo, on closer inspection Magical Crafting requires Expert in crafting, so, while I plan to take it at 4th, I'll likely go with Recognize Spell for eventual Counterspelling. Heh, sorry for the confusion! I'll get us geared up in a few months!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-03-22 at 01:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Quick question, before I respond IC, while checking for my Magical Crafting feat I mistakenly thought I could take at 2nd, I saw that some items were relatively cheap to buy outright. Specifically potency charms, potency runes, and 1st level scrolls. So my thoughts are, have I witnessed anything that would leave me to believe there is a shop that would carry those items?

Basically I am concerned about the demon speak, fearing that with no magical weaponry we could be in *alot* of trouble, however, I am unfamiliar with 2e, so not sure when those immunities kick in on bad guys.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Yes there are several shops of the arcane in town
    Nisk Tander runs Bottled solutions (alchemy/potions)
    Brodert Quink (grumpy old man) owns "Sage" and hires his services as a safe and has some scrolls
    Master Ilsoari Gandetheus is the headmaster of Turandarok Academy a school for both arcane and mundane teachings

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

In case it's not obvious, I strongly suggest Lysander takes the bulk of the crystals, and maybe 2 for Jannis? I don't think I've seen Jon use his staff without shillelagh active, and if Alexej uses a potency crystal, something has gone seriously seriously wrong.

So 4 (or 3, with one to Jon?) to Lysander, 2 to Jannis? Any objections?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Oh hell yeah, Alexej is not bonking anyone with the staff. He leans on it, and says snarky, sarcastic things.

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    In case it's not obvious, I strongly suggest Lysander takes the bulk of the crystals, and maybe 2 for Jannis? I don't think I've seen Jon use his staff without shillelagh active, and if Alexej uses a potency crystal, something has gone seriously seriously wrong.

So 4 (or 3, with one to Jon?) to Lysander, 2 to Jannis? Any objections?
    I do believe 3 are enough for Lysander. I would probably use them just for the quasit, unless there's something worse down there.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Fine with me; if Jon needs his staff, he will buff. Electric arc has been more reliable anyway. Anyone know in-character if quasits have electricity resistance?

30. - Top - End - #120

Hey, stack, is brouhaha an actual word?
    I mean, Google says it's a french word for bedlam.