New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [Exalted 3e] Winter is Coming (IC)

Stark nooded towards Reflection and Brandr and began searching in one of the larger bags for chalk and while he was still close enough to participate in the conversation began drawing a symbol on a piece of wood that he was about to lay on the ground.
    Pretty soon it became clear this symbol represented some form of fire elemental.

Spoiler: OOC Symbol
    Show
    Marius received his magical teaching from an Ifrit Lord. He is now beginning his offer, not of the bodies but the physical things within the neighborhood, old buildings etc.

2. - Top - End - #212

BardGuy

4 created symbols later.After hearing the short conversation that had occured Stark nodded in agreement and went to work. Stepping forward a shield in his left hand and his right hand resting on his blade he began walking calling out loud:

"Hear ,hear!
    It has been declared that these ruins will be cleared!
    Hear ,hear!
    It has been declared that these ruins will be given to the cleared!
    Please gather your things and move to the tavern "Laughing Bear".
    Hear ,hear!
    Please gather your things and move."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    After the conversation they had days earlier Marius was not ready. The Wyld Hunt is the reason Marius devoted so much time and energy into staying hidden. He did not want to fight 5 fully trained armed and experienced Dragon Blooded and die.
    If these Deathknights can fight the Wyld Hunt and leave this would not be simply grabbing free real estate the way he had hoped.

The Fall of the realm was not something Marius was looking forward to. The realm is a large force in trade without that force things were bound to go wrong. People that need food might not get it for example.

Rising darkness that the shining ones were supposed to protect against sounded to him a bit strange ... But somehow approbiate?

Marius would love to know why more Solars were appearing then before.
    But the information Reflection was giving him was valuable even if it was merely a opinion of a large group of obviously powerful beings.

If what was said was remotely true Marius will have to adapt his strategy.
    The information about Deathknights did not make Marius happy but new information has value on its own.

"Thank you!.I admit I do not fully understand everything you just said but thank you for sharing that information! Maybe it will save a few people!

----4Days later---+

Stark approached the group and bowed before the Dragon Blooded.
    He is pulling a wagon loaded with ash, salt, what looks like drawing tools, scales, barrels of what appears to be cheap but strong liquor and prayer trinkets.

In his wisdom the Hearthlord has decided to send aid. This is Lady Flia :

He bows and steps aside so the group can see a fire red peacock follwed by Sir Vor himself.

The Hearthlords hopes that with the help of Sir Vor and Lady Flia any left over remnants in the ground will be found and burnt so they can no longer be used by the enemies of this city. I will do my best to assist in this endeavor.
    The majestic phoenix bows her head. "I also accept 'your grace', 'your worship', and 'the hottest thing north of the fire pole.'"

Vor turned his head with a slow grinding sound to look at Flia.

"... What?"

4 created symbols later.After hearing the short conversation that had occured Stark nodded in agreement and went to work. Stepping forward a shield in his left hand and his right hand resting on his blade he began walking calling out loud:

"Hear ,hear!
    It has been declared that these ruins will be cleared!
    Hear ,hear!
    Please gather your things and move to the tavern "Laughing Bear".
    Hear ,hear!
    Please gather your things and move."
    Stark, you move around the Broken Gallows, calling out that the area is to be evacuated. For most of your journey around the Broken Gallows, this goes without incident. Some ask who you are or on whose authority you speak, but almost all of them clear out quickly when you mention the Warden sent you. There's some gangsters who put on a show of force, but they don't stick around; probably presuming that they can just come back after the fireworks. There's far fewer people than you were expecting; perhaps the Broken Gallows are that superstitious a place.

Speaking of which, when you go to enter the Broken Gallows proper, Shungnis grabs you and pull you away from the entrance.

"N'body lives in there." She assures you. "All ye can find's ghosts and angry ghosts."
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #214

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Speaking of which, when you go to enter the Broken Gallows proper, Shungnis grabs you and pull you away from the entrance.

"N'body lives in there." She assures you. "All ye can find's ghosts and angry ghosts."
    ""Well then I guess we are done. Let`s hope you are right I do not want to create another ghost.

I guess Lady Flia should light the initial flame unless one of you wants to?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brandr shucks his buff jacket and works to create a firebreak under Allev's direction, laboring tirelessly under the sun with only a slight expenditure of essence.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5 sux on aid another roll, which I believe is 5 bonus dice to Allev's craft.
    Last edited by WarDragon; 2021-02-24 at 08:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216

BardGuy

After walking around the Gallows Stark approaches the group and begins drawing a crude map sectioning the Gallows into smaller pieces. Pieces that look reasonable to any observer and might provide great opportunity.
    After all the ashes of a haunted place might be a potent ingredient in artifacts?

"So if we section these houses and use that old road to end the fire that could be turned into 6 different sections...

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Brandr, your work goes well and without incident.

Lady Flia's wings rustle and crackle, sparks leaping into the air at her impatience. "Are we to begin immediately on one of these sections, then? I am eager to see this place catch and burn."

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #218

BardGuy

I would say so Noble Lady. I would guess starting in one of the middle sections would be wise. Just in case things do not go as planned?
    Please feel free to do the honors!

Stark points raises his hand to one of the middle sections , since if things go wrong they could be more limited by only having one "dangerous" side. Then bows and gains a very decent amount of distance before he begins praying, in this case to the Ifrit Lord that was kind enough to offer his wisdom back then. On one knee he offers the remnants of a time that maybe one day will be forgotten to a fire lord. Hopefully what the fire takes will no longer be able to harbour the dead.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

[The Gallows Burn]

Lady Flia is utterly giddy to begin burning away the Broken Gallows. The Guard have set up with you, ready for anything. With a proper firebreak set up, Stark gives Lady Flia the signal, and she flies into the air above the first section of the desiccated neighborhood to be burned. The multicolored phoenix circles above the area once before blowing a stream of fire across the neighborhood. The land quickly catches alight, and you feel the heat of the enormous fire slowly rise. Even from this distance, the fire Lady Flia has started is scalding, especially compared to the winter air. The smell of smoke fills the air. Someone in the crowd of guards whistles.

Lady Flia does not stop raising the fire, and from a distance you can hear her laughing. Stark, you get the sense that the Ifrit Lord you have your pact with is taking this offering in stride; building material that nobody uses is not exactly a great sacrifice, but there's so much of it he's happy with it anyway (You gain 3 sorcerous motes)

... And then something shoots straight up into the air, a black tendril of energy that crackles like lightning. At the same moment you register this, something else shoots into the air and strikes through Lady Flia. She screeches with pain, and whatever cut through her turns around and streaks back towards the ground.

The tendril of energy expands outward into a wide column, darker than the blackest void. It spreads outward from a central point in the broken neighborhood, swallowing up not only the fire but your sight of Lady Flia. The column stretches on for what seems an eternity, and it envelops the entirety of the Broken Gallows. You cannot see through it, and sounds seem to have vanished from the air as well. The guards glance between one another, many of them stepping back from the column of shadow.

Stark, Alleviating Hands Unyielding, you both recognize this as an Impenetrable Veil of Night. It's not behaving precisely as the spell you're familiar with, but a massive column of shadow that covers a wide area is something you know from your studies. It will dissipate in a day, but that is a day that whoever just struck Lady Flia has to operate with impunity.

Reflection... while your education isn't as thorough as theirs, you've seen this spell before. In a little port town called Asti. It was raised over the town right before the Weeper of Lost Stars attacked.

What do you do?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2021-02-27 at 11:49 PM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #220

BardGuy

Stark turns to the exalts so only they can hear him.
    "This shouldn't... it work like that.

Veil of Night the spell does not work like that. Whoever is doing this is controlling this spell in shape more then it should be possible.

It should not perfectly encompasses the Broken Gallows it is not a perfect 1 mile circle.
    Normally this spell creates dark night. Very dark night that makes it hard for the sorcerer and for other people to see for an entire day over a large area. But..

There's a feeling of death, of rotting flesh and the cold wind of a graveyard, that doesn't normally happen.

This Veil was erected with the dead in mind; it's not just darkness. Almost a shadowland in miniature, but it feels like an overstatement.... Somehow.

I don't know if it does blind the people inside. It should but..

I owe it to Flia to try and rescue her. I just hope that she still exists to be rescued..
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2021-02-28 at 07:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground

"She's here."

The Dragon Blooded had been on high alert, and was now ready to spring into action. She had to wonder, would she die today? Possibly. She was afraid of that. For all her boisterousness and pride... Reflection had looked death in the eye once before, and she had blinked first. Her hand gripped tight on her massive maul, as she slung it over her shoulder. "Or someone very much like her, I've seen that spell before, at the town I told you. We need to move, quickly. If we can rush the death knight down quickly before they can sup fully ont he dead and dying we'll still have the advantage. This isn't their ground yet."

"But it will be soon."
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Alleviating Hands Unyielding was vexed. Finally, finally this city had people who were going to start to clean it up. For once, the city guard seemed willing to do something more, something better. It was a strange group, that he'd fallen in with recently. Thieves, assassins, a Dragon-Blooded who seemed not only to tolerate but encourage the presence of Solars, a gang leader. Strange allies indeed, but allies they were, people who all for their own reasons decided that uplifting this city was for the best. No longer was he alone. And now, as the plan his allies worked on, the plan to remove the undead blight from this city once and for all, was getting started, some sorcerer (probably one of those Deathknights they had ran into and Reflection had told them more about) was trying to stop it. This would not stand.

As Darkness spread, Allev frowned. This ... was a Impenetrable Veil of Night, a powerful working. But it was not behaving as the texts said it would. Stark seemed to agree, and Allev thought on his words for a moment. It seemed increasingly likely it was the Deathknights, with how the man described it. As he studied it himself, Allev had to agree. This magic was otherly, unnatural. Nonetheless, he could wrench some control over it. A Twilight, after all, was the line between the world and these dark magics. Or something like that. Reflection probably had better information on his own role than he did.

"Well, Reflection, let's keep it from being their ground. I suggest standing back slightly. I've read the theory on this, but its been hard to practice. Hostile sorcerers to wrest the magic from have been in relatively short supply in this city."

Bravado aside, he was somewhat worried. But there was nothing to do but try. First, he threw down a circle of thin, green herbs, and rubs a thin poultice into his finger tips. The extension of Essence from within to without was far easier with a mediating agent. Slowing his breathing, Allev knelt in the middle of the circle.

In his first breath, he circulated his essence, running it down his channels, holding it in his body. In the second, he pulled, and ambient motes flowed towards him. The third, he brushed his fingers over the circle and released, a stream of water flowing over the circle. Three more breaths to stabilize and strengthen the circle, feeding a few threads from the Distaff into it and he was ready. Outwards flowed the water, towards the darkness, and he felt the influence of another holding the spell. Now ... there. Allev felt a weakness, a small portion he could twist, and heaved the energy to one side.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Stark turns to the exalts so only they can hear him.
    "This shouldn't... it work like that.

Veil of Night the spell does not work like that. Whoever is doing this is controlling this spell in shape more then it should be possible.

It should not perfectly encompasses the Broken Gallows it is not a perfect 1 mile circle.
    Normally this spell creates dark night. Very dark night that makes it hard for the sorcerer and for other people to see for an entire day over a large area. But..

There's a feeling of death, of rotting flesh and the cold wind of a graveyard, that doesn't normally happen.

This Veil was erected with the dead in mind; it's not just darkness. Almost a shadowland in miniature, but it feels like an overstatement.... Somehow.

I don't know if it does blind the people inside. It should but..

I owe it to Flia to try and rescue her. I just hope that she still exists to be rescued..
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    "She's here."

The Dragon Blooded had been on high alert, and was now ready to spring into action. She had to wonder, would she die today? Possibly. She was afraid of that. For all her boisterousness and pride... Reflection had looked death in the eye once before, and she had blinked first. Her hand gripped tight on her massive maul, as she slung it over her shoulder. "Or someone very much like her, I've seen that spell before, at the town I told you. We need to move, quickly. If we can rush the death knight down quickly before they can sup fully ont he dead and dying we'll still have the advantage. This isn't their ground yet."

"But it will be soon."
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Alleviating Hands Unyielding was vexed. Finally, finally this city had people who were going to start to clean it up. For once, the city guard seemed willing to do something more, something better. It was a strange group, that he'd fallen in with recently. Thieves, assassins, a Dragon-Blooded who seemed not only to tolerate but encourage the presence of Solars, a gang leader. Strange allies indeed, but allies they were, people who all for their own reasons decided that uplifting this city was for the best. No longer was he alone. And now, as the plan his allies worked on, the plan to remove the undead blight from this city once and for all, was getting started, some sorcerer (probably one of those Deathknights they had ran into and Reflection had told them more about) was trying to stop it. This would not stand.

As Darkness spread, Allev frowned. This ... was a Impenetrable Veil of Night, a powerful working. But it was not behaving as the texts said it would. Stark seemed to agree, and Allev thought on his words for a moment. It seemed increasingly likely it was the Deathknights, with how the man described it. As he studied it himself, Allev had to agree. This magic was otherly, unnatural. Nonetheless, he could wrench some control over it. A Twilight, after all, was the line between the world and these dark magics. Or something like that. Reflection probably had better information on his own role than he did.

"Well, Reflection, let's keep it from being their ground. I suggest standing back slightly. I've read the theory on this, but its been hard to practice. Hostile sorcerers to wrest the magic from have been in relatively short supply in this city."

Bravado aside, he was somewhat worried. But there was nothing to do but try. First, he threw down a circle of thin, green herbs, and rubs a thin poultice into his finger tips. The extension of Essence from within to without was far easier with a mediating agent. Slowing his breathing, Allev knelt in the middle of the circle.

In his first breath, he circulated his essence, running it down his channels, holding it in his body. In the second, he pulled, and ambient motes flowed towards him. The third, he brushed his fingers over the circle and released, a stream of water flowing over the circle. Three more breaths to stabilize and strengthen the circle, feeding a few threads from the Distaff into it and he was ready. Outwards flowed the water, towards the darkness, and he felt the influence of another holding the spell. Now ... there. Allev felt a weakness, a small portion he could twist, and heaved the energy to one side.
    At Reflection's words, Osirle glances up from his contingent of guard. "I hope you don't mind, ma'am, but the guard isn't built for deathknights. We're going to leave this to your circle of friends and just try and stop anything that comes out of that giant tower of darkness. Hope you understand."

A wise man once said that the essence of a spell is like metal; it's nigh impossible to break, but with the proper application of heat, it can be bent into shape. Allev's foray into the dead essence feels less like bending metal and more like parting dead flesh for an autopsy. As he shifts and bends the essence of the spell, he steps forward towards the shadowed wall, and the rest of the circle sees the darkness begin to bend ahead of him. As he continues to chant and weave his hands, the shadows begin to retreat further and further from him, until eventually you can see the ground a fair distance away (medium range).

Spoiler
    Show
    Allev successfully Distorts the Impenetrable Veil of Night! The darkness now keeps back from him up to medium range. Others who step outside of this area are still surrounded by darkness.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #224

BardGuy

Stark was not happy. What should have been a day of pretty fire works followed by a nice barbecue and taking possession of free real estate has turned into what might be a genuine problem. Turning again to the other exalts.

"Very Impressive Allev! You might have just saved alot of lives.

OK they are not willing. But it needs to be done anyway.
    We go in and start burning things that we can see, if somebody attacks us we take them out. If we manage to burn the whole thing down and save Flia in the process we can definitely call it success. Does that sound like a decent plan?

With that Stark starts handing out torches to the people that would carry one including himself. After that he grabs the cart and begins pushing it from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    r. "We need to move, quickly. If we can rush the death knight down quickly before they can sup fully ont he dead and dying we'll still have the advantage. This isn't their ground yet."

"But it will be soon."
    Then I guess we have no time to lose and no better plan. I will follow inward. Let's hope the fire keeps them busy until we arrive.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2021-03-01 at 10:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Very Impressive Allev! You might have just saved alot of lives."
    "Yes, starting with ours I hope. Everyone ready? This will be a fierce fight," Brandr says with an equally fierce grin. "I'd best prepare."

His form shifts and flows, face stretching out into a muzzle as black fur sprouts from his skin. He doesn't drop to all fours, but his legs become digitigrade as he gains almost a foot of height and his already impressive muscles swell with lupine power. He throws back his head and lets out a howl, Full Moon caste mark shining forth on his brow. "Let the hunt begin!"

Show
    Activating Hybrid Body Transformation and Deadly Beastman Transfmoration.
    Last edited by WarDragon; 2021-03-03 at 09:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

[Under the Veil of Night]

It is a strange feeling, to walk into the Veil. Surrounding Allev, out to medium range, you can see the ground. Brandr's caste mark gives the area the ethereal off-white beauty of a moonlit night, and yet despite this the darkness around you is unyielding. It flows back, occasionally, as buildings and other objects poke through, but the veil itself remains as black and solid as a moonless night (sans stars). Sounds seem to echo in this place, and sounds from past the area Allev has cleared for you seem muted. With the exception of the soft light of Brandr's anima (and yours, if you've lit them) colors are dull, almost entirely washed out.

You walk through ruined buildings and hollowed out neighborhoods, the barred windows and occasionally barred doors a constant reminder that this place was a prison. The smell of rot and sense of decay is overpowering. It's as if every dead soul that ever perished here is watching you... yet none come to challenge you. As you make your way towards the center where something struck Lady Flia down, you start to feel the heat of her fire. However, it's somewhat like a fire behind glass or perhaps a thick curtain. Even when you step forward, and a burning building comes into view, the heat of the bright blue fire feels reduced. There are whispers here, much like when you first met with the Unhallowed Heart.

The building ahead of you looks like a barracks. The fire has almost entirely consumed it, to the degree that it's somewhat surprising it can stand.

The voices grow louder.

Lady Flia is nowhere to be seen.

((Perception+Awareness, everyone))

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #227

BardGuy

This was bad. Marius did not anticipate this and definitely did not want to test his luck. A plan was made so he would stick to it.
    On the way inward Marius stays close to Allev and uses the lines seperating the supposed fires to spread oil and small bits of wood on flammable items. Then lighting them aflame with his torch. If they really are using undead creatures to extinguish the flames might as well make those creatures work for it.
    And if this was really there last stand he would make sure people would notice he was here.

It was only when they came close to the central house that he noticed these flames might serve another purpose:
    A little bit of light might be what they desperately need.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2021-03-08 at 09:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

As the group continues walking forward, you're suddenly hit by a deathly, horrific stench that makes your stomach churn in reviled disgust. It does not take long for you to find the source of the clinging, cloying stench: corpses begin appearing in your radius of sight, rotted and dead. The air feels wet and clammy.

Brandr and Larin Tanas, you notice there's signs on the ground, blood trails and such, that indicate the bodies were dragged to this area from further inward. They've been placed haphazardly; it seems almost like someone has set this area up to look like a battle. However, it seems to have been finished in a rush, and while the bodies should be fresh, they're not. They look like they've been rotting in this place for at least a week.

Marius... everything seems fine. Aside from the fact that the ground is covered with bodies. Allev, you can hear armor clinking in the darkness behind your group. Someone is trying to sneak up behind you. Brandr, your sense of hearing is more refined, so you can tell there's two sets of armor coming in from behind you. Larin Tanas, you hear something buzzing and whirling ahead of the group, something that is groaning but also trying very hard to keep it hidden.

All of them are trying to keep quiet. It seems that the dead will not be giving this place up without a fight.

... And then Larin sees one of the bodies twitch, and its head turn just a little bit to face them.

What do you do?

((Ambush incoming. The passage about who saw and heard what does not fully reflect the stealth rolls of the enemy and your perception rolls. Presenting it this way just seemed to flow better. We'll cover it if/when the fighting starts.

Either way, time to Join Battle. Also, roll Stamina + Resistance, TN 2.))

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground

The choking rot, the noises ahead and the movement at his feet are enough to get Larin moving. He doesn't speak a word, however - that would rather betray the point of what he was doing, and he expected at least a few of the others were smart enough to figure out what was going on. Instead, he simply moves, dashing through the miasma before it took hold of his senses and darting into the natural shadows Alev's countermagic hadn't touched, his robes blending into the darkness as he settles into a favourable position, chains forming from underneath his sleeves as he prepares for the first strike. If the dead wanted to play at using darkness, stealth and ambushes, he had no issue beating them at their own game.

They did stink, though. He wasn't particularly used to the smell - he was usually long gone and had nothing left to do with bodies when they reached this stage - and he started to feel it distract him as he lurked in the shadows.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-03-12 at 06:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brandr chokes down a gag at the smell of rotting flesh. However, it's not distracting enough to keep him from noticing the twitching bodies and the clinking of armor behind them. His warrior's reflexes react without conscious thought.

"Ambush!," he cries as he leaps to the attack.

Show
    Two successes on the Stamina roll, and four on Join Battle.
    Last edited by WarDragon; 2021-03-13 at 01:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

What was that repulsive stench? Allev wondered, gagging slightly as he divides his attention between skimming the border of the lightened region and making sure the distortion holding back the darkness stayed around him. It was difficult, with a deeply physical reaction to the smell. If he'd had time and a few herbs, perhaps he could whip something up to bolster his and his allies constitution against it. Yes he probably could, he'd been reading about a few methods they used in ... but that didn't matter right now, he realizes, shaking his head.

Doing so, he hears a slight clink from behind him, and then a heartbeat later Brandr's cry of ambush. Spinning about with his strange, silk wrapped sword to his side, he looks for what is approaching them.

22. - Top - End - #232

BardGuy

Stark stands there lifting his coat to his nose. "What..." He appears rather confused.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Marius doesn't have long to consider his comrade's words.

The corpses' eyes begin to glow with a horrid red balefire. As one unit, they rise from the ground and begin moving towards the group.

Stealth now abandoned, the quiet clinking from before turns into a cacophony of banging metal. Two suits of armor rush from the shadows behind you, each wielding a large sword. Neither has an occupant as far as you can see, but they glow from within with an ethereal light. Ahead of you, a whirling storm screeches and hollers as it barrels from the shadows.

Larin Tanas' turn!

Spoiler
    Show
    This is an ambush. If you are attacked during this round by a creature you were unaware of BEFORE you get a chance to act your defense is treated as 0.

Stealth Checks

War ghost Bill: 3
    War ghost Ted: 1
    Mortwight: 2
    Size 1 Zombies: 7 (yes, really. Order action.)
    ???: 16

Awareness Checks
    Larin Tanas: 8sux
    Brandr: 6sux
    Allev: 1sux
    Marius: 0sux

Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Initiative:

Larin Tanas (in concealment): 22
    ??? (in concealment): 16
    Brandr: 7
    Zombie Battle Group: 6
    Marius: 5
    War Ghost A: 5
    War Ghost B: 4
    Mortwight: 4
    Allev: 4

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #234
    Firbolg in the Playground

From his hiding place, Larin surveys the targets as they appear. Whatever that was coming from the front was outside of his field of expertise - he didn't know what he was looking at, but he guessed that it needed some kind of occult response rather than a relatively mundane strike from the shadows. The other ones, though...he was more used to attacking armour when there were flesh and blood people in there, but he could improvise. He takes a moment to observe his target before breaking from his cover and drawing on his belt and his mystical training to make something in the way of shadow and cover from the more or less nothing, timing his movements perfectly to avoid being spotted by the undead horde or his prey. When they don't seem to notice him, he lets out a silent sight. It was a little reassuring to see how the undead could be beaten by his talents like the living. He had been a little concerned about the prospect of fighting things that were already dead (not that he let it show), but things looked promising.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Brandr sweeps his spear through the gang of zombies with stunning speed and irresistible force, knocking their formation into disarray, and positioning himself for a strike at the more powerful undead.

Show
    7 successes against the zombies on a withering attack. Total damage dealt is 9.
    Last edited by WarDragon; 2021-03-17 at 08:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

BardGuy

Violence has the tendency to show ugly truth.
    Stark if Varlok carries himself as a warrior. The unconquered sun reveals what truly is. In a moment of genuine fear Marius relies in old instincts and fear. Fear that has dominated his live for ... Longer then he cares to admit.

Stark ignores his shield and his torch as he instinctively jumps to cover his face with arm and knee.
    Not a noble warrior but a man gifted by the unconquered sun ,used fighting in the streets and living in fear.
    Spoiler: defense
    Show
    Defense 5 ( 8 motes) + Stunt

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Seeing the approaching animated armor, Allev clenches his sword tighter and carefully tracks their approach. Too carefully, perhaps, as he fails to notice the approach of other enemies until the last second.

With a flicker of movement registering in the side of his eye, he dropped back, starting to shift his stance to bring his silk-wrapped sword about. It was going to be too slow, he could tell, too slow. Some Exalted he would be, run through by a corpse in his first fight against the forces of darkness. No. This would not be his fate. Pushing essence into his arm, he swings faster than the eye can follow, getting set just as the swarm of flesh reaches him. A gold circle flairs on his forehead and the grey silk covering his blade retracts slightly, shifting patterns of red and gold peeking through. His scowl deepens and body dances as he is beset.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Alleviating Hands Unyielding and Marius are both caught off guard by the sudden rush of undead bodies around them. Brandr's spear comes up and the beastman roars his challenge; But the horde is mindless, it does not know to fear the Lunar Exalted. And so it charges through, each and every one of them biting at the champions of the gods...

... and yet, you are not called such for nothing. The three of you (Larin Tanas has disappeared somewhere) strike back against the horde, most only barely able to keep them at bay, but Brandr's great spear cleaves through the horde like a hot knife through butter. Even caught off guard, you're keeping them at bay for now...

Marius' turn!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2021-03-18 at 11:43 PM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #239

BardGuy

"..the .."
    Stark jumps after being attacked and lands back on his feet looking at a corpse that just rested on the ground. "God you stink.."
    Stark uses the torch in his right hand to fake an attack that the being easily parries. After that he kicks into the exposed connection of leg bones sending the things back to the ground.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

One of the war ghosts is momentarily stunned at the sight of the Chosen cutting through the horde of undead. The other, however, continues charging forward to close the distance between it and the enemy it was brought here to combat. It is an old warrior, dead to betrayal, and has never had the chance to exact vengeance... but for now, these vermin must do. (War Ghost Bill moves to short range from the Chosen)

Allev acts simultaneously!

Extended Sig