New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Favorite game soundtracks?

If nobody said it: The World Ends With You has an awesome soundtrack. One of two soundtracks I've downloaded onto my phone (the other is the Undertale soundtrack).
    I haven't played TWEWY in probably ten years, but the music still gets into my head consistently.
    Check out a bunch of stuff I wrote for my campaign world of Oz.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am the Burley, formerly known as Burley Warlock. I got my name changed. Please remember me...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

My favorite soundtracks list:
    Hotline Miami
    GTA: San Andreas
    DOOM
    The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    If you can’t be good, be careful.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Currently in my spotify list OST:

Cyberpunk
    Ghostrunner
    The Witcher 3
    DOOM
    Skyrim
    The best closed door is the one you can leave open.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Favorite game soundtracks?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbigXuan View Post
    Currently in my spotify list OST:

Cyberpunk
    Ghostrunner
    The Witcher 3
    DOOM
    Skyrim
    Kravitz did a great job xD

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

To me Mafia 2 and Red Dead Redemption theme songs are the best and i often play them while i iron my clothes

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm... Not in any order:

Halo (1, since most of the good ones from 2 and 3 feel like building on 1s moves, or remixes.)

TES soundtracks, Morrowind's noncombat in particular, Skyrim's combat.

Crusader Kings (Ok, I'll admit, it just has Sabaton songs in it)

Zelda - more or less every game has at least one catchy melody, usually more. This is something lacking in the genericized Rock n Roll/Dramatic Orchestra of most other games these games. They may have good songs, but I can whistle Zelda years (& decades) later.

Mechanicus, to quote Mandalore, "Other electronic songs have a bass drop, this has a pipe organ." Praise the Omnissiah.

Sunless Seas - You're far out of your depth in the depths, gods and devils fear to tread, but you're the captain and this is your sea. THESUNTHESUNTHESUN

Dark Souls - Ash Lake. Just that one song, and only in game, since the OST doesn't include the quiet rising as you round the bend of climbing down that miserable tree and come out into a strange wonder.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

This will sound weird but... Dokkan dragonball.

It's a f2p mobile puzzle game but it's OST surprisingly slaps with a bunch of music made just for the game.

I run Boujack just so that when the conditions are right and the game lets me transform, this kicks in. That and Boujack is a good unit.

It's just a bunch of "get hyped" and "oh dang he making a comeback" tunes. Great background music when you're playing something and want to get pumped.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

I find FF and Chrono Triger music great for work, pretty much all of it, as it's instrumental and quite varied, but my favorite FF is Roses of May from FF IX it's beautiful and highlights deepness of Beatrix character, I just love it.

Additionally Civilization 4 theme is amazing
    "By Google's own reckoning, 60% of the ads that are charged for are never seen by any human being – literally the majority of the industry's product is a figment of feverish machine imaginations." Pluralistic

The bots are selling ads to bots which mostly bots are viewing, We really are living in XXI century.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

The King's Bird has a great soundtrack, joyful even, but what really makes it a delight is that it's dynamic, responding to what you're doing at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

I really like the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack. Its the only one of many games that jumps out at me and I am not even playing it right now
    PCs are not exceptional. They are normal Joe Shmoes stuck in exceptional circumstances.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Reading this thread 3 months ago convinced me to play Undertale, and I'd like to add it to my favorites list. So many good tracks. I'm an absolute sucker for leitmotifs and this thing is basically friggin' Into the Woods with how often things come back as echoes, refrains, and remixes. *chef's kiss* The perfect "thematic" music when it comes to storytelling.

Plus, a lot of it is just straight-up good and fun music.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

I just realized going back through the thread DOOM was mentioned but not Killer Instinct 2013.

I mean c'mon... Swedish chanting to summon a Babylonian skeleton pirate warlord where one instrument is a Tibetan flute made from a human femur?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mpqct1zMqTE

or the best workout/comeback song i think ever penned https://youtube.com/watch?v=6JapDyUwAu8

13. - Top - End - #103
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    Reading this thread 3 months ago convinced me to play Undertale, and I'd like to add it to my favorites list. So many good tracks. I'm an absolute sucker for leitmotifs and this thing is basically friggin' Into the Woods with how often things come back as echoes, refrains, and remixes. *chef's kiss* The perfect "thematic" music when it comes to storytelling.

Plus, a lot of it is just straight-up good and fun music.
    Glad to hear!

Yeah reprises of the songs coming back… so baddonkey.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Started replaying Borderlands 3, the entire sound direction of that game is fantastic, but the soundtrack overall is so good. Especially now that they've added back Revenge of the Cartels permanently, and I can get my retro synthwave vibe on demand. Also, while not an original track, the use of Trouble, by Cage the Elephant is so damn good in the end credits, matching the emotional trials of the characters as well as coming full circle with the opening of 1 with Ain't No Rest For the Wicked.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Been replaying The King's Bird, and the soundtrack is simple but very fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Recently found out about Everhood, and immediately got totally addicted to its soundtrack. I've never, ever watched a game video this long before (warning, video crammed with spoilers), but I couldn't stop coming back to watching/listening to this game's boss fights until I'd seen the entire set without realizing it. The stories told by the fights are also really good, like the bonus level where you face the devs, which is a big allegory for developing the game... and my favorite song out of the entire bunch, which you get as part of an uberboss fight triggered by going against the entire message the game is trying to express, in a homage/counterpoint to Undertale.

Of course, watching the videos of Everhood made it clear I would be so, so horrifically bad at the game that I've got no inclination to play it myself, but the fact that I've gotten a ton of entertainment out of it anyway is another sign it's a great game.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

I still love the lovable constant genre matchups of Sonic and Knuckles. I mean one of the tracks is 'This Egyptian theme mixes well with haunted house motifs, but it needs something... yah... crank up that harpsichord.'

And Sky Battery Act 1 is an all-time jam
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC