New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Thing

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Thing

You are part of a research team in Antarctica, but there was something extraterrestrial under the ice and after your team started investigating it, something strange started happening. There was some kind of presence everyone felt on board, though there were no known signs of life. Trying to study the extraterrestrial technology, you start to feel like something is trying to control you. Then it finally happens, there is a mysterious bloody patch, but no body and everyone is accounted for, though each has started acting suspicious in their own ways...
    Spoiler: OP
    Show

Spoiler: Basic Mechanics
    Show
    The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.
    There's a day phase that happens from dawn ‘til dusk in game. This period will last 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. You may change your vote if you wish, in which case, you should edit your previous post and strike-through your previous vote. Once the day has ended, whoever has the most votes is tested and only dies if they are a thing. The game will start on a Day Phase; the first Day Phase will last about 72 hours, while subsequent ones will last 48 hours. Voting does not have to be some official "I vote [name]", as long as it's recognizable who you're voting and the formatting has been done. I would prefer proper forum names, as I am still getting used to who is who.
    The next phase is the night phase, which lasts from dusk ‘til dawn. This phase will last 24 hours. During this phase, The things will decide who to infect next. The team needs to try to reach consensus, but after growing past 3, simple majority will rule. No one dies in this phase.

After time's up, I will post the opening of the following Day Scene and it starts all over again.
    This continues until either A) all of the things are destroyed by the scientist -or- B) the things grow their numbers to equal the remaining scientists (In which case they control day voting and town can't win).

Spoiler: Special Rules
    Show
    Each day people will vote who to test. There is no downside to the scientist to test, if the person is friendly, they live, if they are a thing, they die. Depending on how many people we get(>15), you should have 2 tests per day, and if the second test is positive, you get to keep going until you test a negative scientist.
    We will start with 1 or 2 things (again depending on number of players) who will choose 1 new scientist to join their team each night. The only way the total number of players changes is if the scientists find a thing to test and that kills them.
    I will make a QT for the Things, but otherwise no networking should be done. Everything should be out in the open on the main thread, except the things talking at night. They can use their QT whenever, because I know schedules may make 24hrs hard to manage, but votes must be finalized by the end of the night to choose who to add. I will then PM that person with a link to the thing QT and they will switch sides. Generally another blood path will be found, though no body each morning.

Spoiler: Roles
    Show
    This game is Scientists vs Things.
    Spoiler: Team Scientist
    Show

Scientist:Everyone starts as a scientist. Your job is to stay alive and find the cause of the sudden blood pools in the only method you know: testing. Each day you will all work together to choose who to test.
    There are no other villager roles.

Spoiler: Team Thing
    Show

Thing:You started as a scientist, but something happened and now you have an unquenchable desire to infect as many others as possible. Each night you and your fellow things will pick one scientist to infect.
    There are no other werewolf roles.

No one can be neutral in this fight.

Player List:
    Caerulea
    The Outsider
    JeenLeen
    CaoimhinTheCape
    Elenna
    Valmark
    PartyOfRouges
    Grek
    Book Wombat
    Apogee1

Please wait until I post that the game is ready to post here. I will let the things know who they are. (I am not revealing how many are starting). and....... GO!!!!

Rules Edit: Town has 2 tests each day. we can have everyone vote for the 2 guaranteed tests in a single post, but if either of them hits, then we will take an extra 24 hours to vote on the second round of testing. And continue adding 24 hours and another round of testing until you either don't hit a thing or all of them are found.

We will use 8PM GMT as our day/night end markers. D1 ends 8PM GMT on Dec 11
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-12-09 at 06:52 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Thing

AvatarVecna, don't worry, it won't hurt.

Unless you deserve it.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-12-09 at 09:37 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: This is the player list in alphabetical order.
    Show

Apogee1
    Book Wombat
    Caerulea
    CaoimhinTheCape
    Elenna
    Grek
    JeenLeen
    PartyOfRouges
    The Outsider
    Valmark

I think JeenLeen (I think it was him) was on to something when he suggested that we just test people in a set order, at least the first go around. We are, in <=10 rounds, guaranteed to catch at least all the original things. In addition, based on who the thing is, we will have a decent idea of which people have been corrupted. After all, it makes little sense for the thing to pick someone who is about to be tested.

That's been a long-winded way of saying I vote to cleanse Apogee1 of corruption. May he remain unharmed and human.

- - - Updated - - -

We get two tests, right rogue_alchemist? Do you want us to vote for both tests at the same time, for instance like this: AvatarVecna?

- - - Updated - - -

Rereading the OP I have realised that we only get one test per day. That makes the 'in order' plan not quite as effective, but I'm not sure what a better one is.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-12-09 at 09:19 AM. Reason: cancelled vote
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Spoiler: This is the player list in alphabetical order.
    Show

Apogee1
    Book Wombat
    Caerulea
    CaoimhinTheCape
    Elenna
    Grek
    JeenLeen
    PartyOfRouges
    The Outsider
    Valmark

I think JeenLeen (I think it was him) was on to something when he suggested that we just test people in a set order, at least the first go around. We are, in <=10 rounds, guaranteed to catch at least all the original things. In addition, based on who the thing is, we will have a decent idea of which people have been corrupted. After all, it makes little sense for the thing to pick someone who is about to be tested.

That's been a long-winded way of saying I vote to cleanse Apogee1 of corruption. May he remain unharmed and human.

- - - Updated - - -

We get two tests, right rogue_alchemist? Do you want us to vote for both tests at the same time, for instance like this: AvatarVecna?

- - - Updated - - -

Rereading the OP I have realised that we only get one test per day. That makes the 'in order' plan not quite as effective, but I'm not sure what a better one is.
    A set order is definitely not the way to go. Because, in a worse case scenario:

10 town 1 thing d1 (1 test)
    9 town 2 thing d2 (2 tests)
    8 town 3 thing d3 (3 tests)
    7 town 4 thing d4 (4 tests)
    6 town 5 thing d5 (5 tests)

town loses at night

So we have, in the worst case with only 1 thing, 5 tests to run (more if we ever hit a thing). And to win, we have to double up on successful thing tests a number of times equal to the number of things at the time of the test that hits, so if they ever get to three things we probably just lose unless they make each other really obvious.
    I think having a more "optimal" mechanical strategy than pure chance is impossible, because since no private communication the things can always plan against what the plan would be. Or you know, you and/or someone else proposing a plan is a thing

Of course we hopefully will be better than chance at deducing who things are.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I don't think this is a good idea. For one thing, if any initial Things are within the second half of the list, we're just giving the game to them, because they can just infect the person we just tested every night, and by the time we reach them over half the players will be infected and they'll control the game. So this gives the Things a 50-50 chance of auto-winning, or a 75% chance of winning if there are two Things to start with. That doesn't sound like a very good plan.

Also, if we agree to test alphabetically every day, that will most likely kill a lot of the discussion, which will make it really hard to find suspicious people, so even if we don't lose by the end of the first set of tests, we'll have much less information to go on after that.

As such, Caerulea. This isn't a very strong suspicion, since of course townies can come up with bad plans, but I prefer this to voting randomly.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Hmm. Ordinarily, I'd RNG vote from the whole list to start things off. But since the vote only kills evils, I honestly feel a bit better about starting a wagon early. So I'm going to vote for the first person who received a vote: AvatarVecna.
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2020-12-09 at 10:33 AM.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

7. - Top - End - #7

BlueWizardGirl

Elenna and Apogee1 raise excellent points, about my plan being a guaranteed lose for town if the thing(s?) are anywhere in the second half of the list I provided. To mildly reduce how dumb I look, I proposed it thinking that we got two shots each day, more if we killed one, which would allow us to clear the list in 5 days maximum. I also planned (if it was followed) to propose we test AvatarVecna and Apogee1 again the next day, as they would suddenly have become the most likely targets for thingification. In general I think repeat tests aren't a bad idea.

Hey rogue_alchemist, how many things are there at the moment?
    Extended Signature.

she/her

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Elenna and Apogee1 raise excellent points, about my plan being a guaranteed lose for town if the thing(s?) are anywhere in the second half of the list I provided. To mildly reduce how dumb I look, I proposed it thinking that we got two shots each day, more if we killed one, which would allow us to clear the list in 5 days maximum. I also planned (if it was followed) to propose we test AvatarVecna and Apogee1 again the next day, as they would suddenly have become the most likely targets for thingification. In general I think repeat tests aren't a bad idea.

Hey rogue_alchemist, how many things are there at the moment?
    Caerulea, any specific reason for why you didn't just use rogue's list that would have led to you getting tested Day 1 according to the double voting theory but rather made another one?

9. - Top - End - #9

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Caerulea, any specific reason for why you didn't just use rogue's list that would have led to you getting tested Day 1 according to the double voting theory but rather made another one?
    Cause alphabetical lists look nicer. Not really any other reason besides that. If y'all want I'm fine with getting tested day one. I would prefer someone else only because I know I'm town, but from y'alls perspective you don't have certainty about my alignment.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-12-08 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Typing is hard.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I reckon there is some good testing scheme that will give us better odds on D1, but nothing seems inherently strong to me. Also, we don't want to ignore analysis in favor of a set program... and a set program necessarily has to react to who was tested prior... as was noted in recruitment.

I have an argument against testing AvatarVecna. Namely, she so often gets wagoned early in a game that I could see the Narrator moving the Thing from AV if she was randomly chosen for it.

I also have an argument against testing Caerulea. With ten players, we likely have 1 Thing. It seems very risky to draw heat to oneself by proposing a voting scheme if you are that Thing, especially this early in the Day (when you could be waiting for someone else to do such and draw heat.) I like Valmark's read that Caerulea put herself not in the top spot, but I also doubt Caerulea would have made those posts if she were the Thing.
    I could be tricked by a strong WIFOM hope -- maybe Caerulea is the Thing and hopes we don't test her since the Thing obviously wouldn't risk making a plan -- but I kinda doubt it.

I'll start with Valmark. His questioning of Caerulea's motives is a good and legitimate one any Town could make, but it's also a good way for the Thing to try to last until D2.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-12-10 at 09:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

WhiteWizardGirl

Firstly, I came to the same conclusion as Valmark did before reading his post: that rearranging the order from the Player List given really does seem like the sort of thing that a Thing would do to manipulate the voting order if it otherwise meant that they'd get tested day one.

Secondly, I'd like to quote the 'vote in order plan' that I came up with back during the recruiting thread before the game started:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    The canonical strategy is to test everyone in a fixed order. Consider the case where we have 11 players (which we do by my count), A through K:

The Thing knows that it needs to get 5 more conversions than the Town votes successful tests. The Town has already committed to voting A & B on Day One, C & D on Day Two, E & F on Day Three, etc. So it knows that on Night One, the person who is the furthest from being tested is B. It knows that the Town knows this though, so it might hedge its bets by picking A, K, I or J - people who are still pretty far off from being (re)tested, but not maximally far off. The same logic repeats Night Two - C & D just got tested, so they're the obvious ones to convert, but converting anyone off of K, A, B, I or J (who hasn't been converted already, of course) is a reasonable fake-out move for the Things. This sort of logical repeats throughout the game, with the Thing being strongly incentivized to 'chase' whoever was just tested, on the grounds that they're less likely to be tested again soon.

Note that this is true even without a fixed ordering; the Thing still wants to convert whoever was most recently tested, because the town in turn has less incentive to test recently tested people - it's just less determinant if the town votes all willy nilly.
    Note that the above only works for a double test game. If we only get one test, we have to do things way differently. That said, voting in a strict order isn't essential to the plan, so much as the act of announcing in advance who we're going to test next. As long as the Things know who we're eyeballing, they can't convert that person without throwing us a free Thing kill. We could get similar extra testing strength by having everyone submit a ranked preference list of who they think is suspicious, or by pairing people off and announcing that (absent any good leads) we'll decide who to test by flipping a coin and randomly testing someone from Group A, then from Group B, then from Group C, etc. until we find a Thing or get a good lead. Either way, it narrows the range of possible conversion targets for the Things by excluding some of the Scientists from the pool of reasonable conversion targets.

In order to put my money where my mouth is regarding those ranked preference lists, here's mine:

1. Caerulea, for what should be obvious reasons.
    2. AvatarVecna, both because of the existing votes and because Caerula's list also removes them from immediate testing.
    3. TheOutsider, for bandwagoning.
    4. CaoimhinTheCape, for being quiet.
    5. PartyOfRouges, another quiet one.
    6. Book Wombat, for being quiet with a possible excuse.
    7. JeenLeen, because reverse WIFOM.
    8. Valmark, because WIFOM.
    9. Elenna, for pointing out that the fixed order thing is a bad idea with one test per day.
    10. Apogee1, because he did the same as Elenna, but first.
    11. Grek, because I'm obviously not a Thing.

Finally, I would like to note that the single-vote variant very strongly favours the Things and does so increasingly as the number of players increases. The Things always convert one person per day until they're defeated, while the Scientists only have a small chance to discover a Thing - a chance which decreases as the number of non-Thing possibilities increases. If we don't have two votes per day, the vast majority of our win probability is concentrated into that ~9.1% chance of us figuring out the Thing on day one. Practically speaking, this means that we have to vote really smart or we're doomed. And that means getting lots of data, so please, put forward your ranked preferences instead of just your votes.
    Last edited by Grek; 2020-12-09 at 08:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    The Game is live! I have 11 players (assuming Book Wombat's interest meant a definite in). The things are messaged, so we will have 72 hours until end of D1-T1. I like the suggestion of an extra 24 hours for 2nd test. We'll see if the balance is too far off with only 11 players and 2 tests.
    I posted this in the recruiting thread as the link here. I meant for it to say that you have 2 tests every day and then if you hit something you get more tests, but I can see how only saying 2 tests makes it confusing. Also I didn't post a clarification in the OP on this thread. So for clarity (and I will edit the OP as well):

Town has 2 tests each day. we can have everyone vote for the 2 guaranteed tests in a single post, but if either of them hits, then we will take an extra 24 hours to vote on the second round of testing. And continue adding 24 hours and another round of testing until you either don't hit a thing or all of them are found.

Sorry again for the confusion. I know this will change some of the voting strategy and meta-discussion so far. I should have been more clear. At least D1 is longer to allow this to be corrected. You still have: 56 hours to go (we can say that D1 will end at 8 PM GMT on December 11th 2020).

13. - Top - End - #13

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Town has 2 tests each day. we can have everyone vote for the 2 guaranteed tests in a single post, but if either of them hits, then we will take an extra 24 hours to vote on the second round of testing. And continue adding 24 hours and another round of testing until you either don't hit a thing or all of them are found.
    We do have two tests! Excellent.
    Spoiler: Vote Counts
    Show

Apogee1: Caerulea
    Caerulea: Elenna, Grek
    Valmark: JeenLeen
    CaoimhinTheCape: Caerulea

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    [stuff]
    I am a little confused by this, but alright.

In this case, my preferance list is as follows:
    1. CaoimhinTheCape (Haven't spoken yet. I feel like a thing would most likely not speak as much early, to avoid being the topic of discussion. They get a very large advantage by flying under the radar, and I don't think we generally vote people who are quiet early.)
    1. PartyOfRouges (see above)
    2. BookWombat (see above, less so because new player)
    3. The Outsider (Made a very small contribution who's only effect was to wagon someone who isn't them. Quite suspicious.)
    3. AvatarVecna (As above, but it's AV and reading her is hard)
    4. Apogee1 (Pointing out that what I suggested is bad (and it is) under the one test per day system, but no investigation really. Easy way for a thing to appear without risk.)
    4.5. Elenna (Pretty much same as Apogee1, but slightly less)
    5. Grek (Suggestion of ranked preference lists seems good, even if I don't completely understand her proposal)
    6. JeenLeen (I like their thoughts, and they are doing some investigative stuff. I don't agree about AV, she might get wagoned but I don't feel like she gets voted off day one that frequently. Also rogue_alchemist might want to give the starting thing to a skilled player)
    10. Valmark (Excellent point regarding my list, and is being investagative. I don't think a thing would be that bold.)
    11. Caerulea (I am not a thing, and so voting me wastes a test)

Voting AV because I would prefer testing her to me, and Cao in case anyone else wants to try and vote someone who's quiet.

EDIT: Switched vote to The Outsider because they seem quite thingy.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-12-09 at 09:19 AM. Reason: OOPS FORGOT THE OUTSIDER
    Extended Signature.

she/her

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I was also confused, thinking we'd only get 2 tests by default if the number of players was very large.
    Also, this makes me re-evaulate if there's 1 or 2 Things at game start. I could see two... which makes me re-evaluate some thoughts.

So Valmark and Caerulea.

- - - Updated - - -

(For clarify: not changing vote from Valmark earlier, but wanted to repost it along with my new vote to make it easier for RA to count votes.)
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-12-10 at 09:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I'll for now put my second voting test pick on Caerulea, because of what was said earlier.

I actually like their reason (alphabetical lists are sexy), but I have no better target right now.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Oh we have two checks that does change things

If I weren't me I'd be hesitant to give me credit for explaining the (at the time what I thought was present flaw) in Caerula's plan considering, you know, it was me who was going to be tested first under it.

I think Elenna's post was very natural and flowed between ideas well enough so I'd say she's a scientist for now

- - - Updated - - -

With two tests a day the blast through the order plan is more compelling

Though maybe we do something like don't define a set order but have a pool of "tested" and "untested" where we probably but not necessarily try to test all the untested before we test some tested?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait I think I misremembered something re: Elenna. Still probably a scientist but not as much as I thought rip.

I would, however, point towards TheOutsider and JeenLeen

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

It is incredibly refreshing to not care about having votes on me.

I mean, I still care in that I'd rather someone who could be a Thing be tested instead of a test wasted on me. But it is a nice feeling not to worry about being killed early game by a wagon forming on me.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-12-09 at 08:00 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Oh we have two checks that does change things

If I weren't me I'd be hesitant to give me credit for explaining the (at the time what I thought was present flaw) in Caerula's plan considering, you know, it was me who was going to be tested first under it.
    Mmm... Why would you worry about being tested if you have nothing to fear, Apogee1?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-12-10 at 11:36 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Self-voting is an interesting strategy in this game. Since it doesn't lead to death, there's less joking-feel about it and less risk to it (assuming you are Town). It is also handy to verify oneself as Town D1... although it's not that meaningful in a cult-type game like this one.

I do have some thoughts (which Grek already posted in recruitment) about how Things are likely to react to who gets tested, but I don't feel like rehashing or thinking through them would be beneficial to Town at this moment. I'm sure the Thing(s) are thinking about it, but no reason to add extra thoughts they can bounce ideas off of or get inspired by. (I'm a little hesitant saying even this much, but I think it's obvious that the Thing(s) would be thinking about it, or at least would once Night starts, so no harm in stating that. Also, want to stress that we probably shouldn't discuss how to alter our voting strategy based on who is tested yet... though, well, I can think of one potential idea where discussing it early could help, but stating that ahead of time kinda ruins the idea, and I'm not sure it's a good idea anyway. (If someone does think of a good reason to discuss it early, I could see it, but it seems unwise akin to how talking at Night is usually an unwise idea.)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I'm going to switch my vote to JeenLeen. I see the point you're making about AV and agree in theory, but I can't deny that it would be an excellent way for a Thing to protect another Thing. This seems like it might be a stretch, though, so I might change it later. On another note, I'll gladly vote for The Outsider as my second vote.

Also, I like the idea of ranked lists. I'll make one after I've had a bit more time to observe, because I'm very slow when it comes to these games.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

22. - Top - End - #22

Just seeing the thread now, so I'll have a post with my thoughts later today. Still wrapping my head around the rules but a quick question on the voting extension: assuming we get a Thing and have another round to vote, do we get two votes in the extra round or one?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Mmm... Why would you worry about being tested if you have nothing to fear, Apogee1?
    Exactly.

Why did no one consider that until I brought it up?

- - - Updated - - -

As in, I was getting townread for going after a strategy that would have resulted in killing me if I was a thing.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Putting my second vote on JeenLeen. Why did you vore Caerulea after putting forth an argument against voting Caerulea?

I'll try to create a ranked list later today. Brief thoughts for now:
    - Valmark and Grek are looking good to me for doing analysis, although I was thinking the sane thing about Valmark in Crazier Idea and they turned out to be a wolf, so who knows.
    - Apogee got townie points for bringing up the apparent flaw in Caerulea's plan - I don't think their comment about not wanting to be tested first is necessarily suspicious, but I would like to see their response to Vakmark.
    - I wish AV would say anything of substance.
    - Would like to hear stuff from Book Wombat and Rouges. It's possible they weren't checking the recruitment thread snd weee expecting to get a PM?

- - - Updated - - -

Apogee stop ninja'ing me
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Exactly.

Why did no one consider that until I brought it up?

- - - Updated - - -

As in, I was getting townread for going after a strategy that would have resulted in killing me if I was a thing.
    Because there is difference between explaining why something is bad for Town and saying that if you weren't you you'd be worried of how we react to your explaination against a tactic that would get you killed.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Worth noting that Grek and Cearulea also put themselves at the bottom of their "to be tested" lists, before Apogee made that post, yet you're not pushing back on them about it?
    I do think it's reasonable for townies not to want to be tested, since they know it'll waste a test.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Worth noting that Grek and Cearulea also put themselves at the bottom of their "to be tested" lists, before Apogee made that post, yet you're not pushing back on them about it?
    I do think it's reasonable for townies not to want to be tested, since they know it'll waste a test.
    Because it's different from saying that you aren't Town and wouldn't lynch yourself with a subjective list. I'm voting Caerulea exactly because their original list (back before Grek's idea) made them not the day's lynch while they seemed to be ignoring the list we all had that made them the day's lynch target.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Putting my second vote on JeenLeen. Why did you vore Caerulea after putting forth an argument against voting Caerulea?
    My argument against her as a Thing has less weight if there's 2 Things, and with two tests I reckon there likely are 2 Things instead of just one. That is, I think her making a good Town-sounding case is less risky overall if there's 2 of them, since one dying D1 doesn't mean the entire game is a loss.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

My understanding is that we vote on two tests simultaneously, and at EoD we find out if either of the people we voted is a Thing or not. If at least one of the people voted was a Thing, they are killed; if there are still Things alive after that, we get another vote, and if that vote kills a Thing we get another, and so on until a test fails. Is that correct?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground

First thing I see when I open the thread is a bunch of analysis, something I'm horrible at. Welp. Well I think RNG votes on Day 1 are fine.
    2 and 5, coincidentally both names starting with a C.
    Caerulea and CaoimhinTheCape

EDIT: A little later will be my normal daily posting time.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2020-12-09 at 12:23 PM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .