Azzalix Zyx
    Consular
    HP: 8/8, AC: 13, FP: 8/8
    Conditions: None

Azzalix looks for a trauma kit.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception (1d20+5)[10]
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dawn of Defiance [SW5E] [IC]

Zoon sighs as the Zabrak goes out of cover to talk to the Gamorreans. Reconnaissance and scouting didn't mesh well with revealing ourselves or our position.

He touches the comlink and contacts the ones on the shopping spree "We arrived at the objective. Q established contact with the guards. I advise speed if you don't want to miss the conversation".

During his time on the fleet he had met with a lot of merchants, pirates and smugglers. He leaves the corridor and follows the brawler speaking in Huttese, as he knew the Gamorreans might not understand basic.

"Jee-jee 'laz wata nop busioojah. Le'thrug or uba'dd nace uta-sha boss wrath." and he keeps moving foward expecting being obeyed.

Spoiler: Translation
    Show

"We're here on business. Let us through or you'll face your boss wrath."
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Shopping Trip
    Show
    "Raise the prices? Quite the opposite in fact!" the Rodian smiles widely, but you're not sure if it's sincere or sinister. "Our prices are the lowest on the station!"

(You can purchase any Adventuring Gear here, provided it is less than 1000g. Take note of it on your sheet and acknowledge it in your next post.)

Spoiler: Perception 10
    Show
    You notice a woman in similar attire to the undercover informants who alerted the Imperial Security Officers to Maya's presence on the Promenade, surveying the area outside. She doesn't seem to have noticed you, yet--but it's only a matter of time until she does.

You feel a sense of urgency to reunite with the others at V14.

Spoiler: Scouting
    Show
    The Gamorreans look at each other, then at the bribe. They grip their vibroaxes as if to respond with violence, but Zoon's implied threat convinces them otherwise. They accept the bribe, and leave their posts--for now.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

4. - Top - End - #64

Zoon passes the Gamorreans and enters the bay.

He quietly comms the others "We're in"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Azzalix Zyx
    Consular

After purchasing a trauma kit. Azzalix carefully indicates to the others that came shopping that there is a person on the lookout for them and that they should get going by separate routes to avoid suspicion.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Qotho, Guardian Force Adept
    AC: 13 | HP: 13 | CURRENT: 10 | HIT DIE: 1d10
    FORCE POINTS: 5 | CURRENT: 3 | INSPIRATION: 0
    Passive Perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 15
    Active Effects: Armor of Aboleth (10 minutes).
    Conditions: None.

A low growl echoed through Qotho's chest as he glared at the departing door guards, he had tried, as requested by Thom Udo, to resolve the situation peacefully. Restraint and diplomacy didn't come naturally to the Dathomirii, he was far more used to channeling his aggression. As he entered the cargo bay, he relaxed, letting the tension out of his shoulders, his neck, he closed his eyes momentarily. Focused on his breathing, he could feel the beating of his heart in his chest, he smiled. "I got your back," he could say more, assure his comrade, but he didn't feel the need too. He'd proven himself on the promenade, if there was any doubt of his relentless aggression, he'd dispelled it. As the entered the dimly lit cargo bay, he concentrated, focusing the Dathomirii magicks within him, the shadows around his hood, around his voluminous cloak seemed to thicken, cling to him as he strode forward.

7. - Top - End - #67

With the party reunited and your shopping concluded, you enter V14 Deep Storage Bay.

The deep storage bay is as run-down as the hallways leading up to it, with entire metal plates missing from the floor and a huge, open exhaust shaft near the back of the room. Large crates litter the area, creating the appearance of a haphazard mess, and the air has a distinct smell of sweat and fumes that makes the entire area unpleasant. Flickering lights provide modest illumination, and a burst pipe along the ceiling leaks blue fluid down one wall.

Near the center of the room is an item that seems very out of place — a large, finely crafted desk made of Japor ivory wood, which means that the desk is both priceless and rare. Sitting peacefully behind the desk is a protocol droid with shiny, ebony coverings that seem to soak up light and offer only the slightest reflection. The droid’s eyes flicker slightly, as though imitating a person blinking rapidly.

(Make Perception checks.)

"Welcome," the droid says to you. "Can I offer you a beverage? Lothalian currant wine, perhaps, or a flute of sunfruit liquor? It is a rarity in these parts, and as I understand it, quite delectable." After you respond, he says, "As you have no doubt surmised, I am Switch. And you are?" Once introductions are completed, he asks. "What brings you to my peaceful quarter of the station?"
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Active Effects: Armor of Aboleth (10 minutes).

Earlier, Qotho had made the mistake of acting before the group was prepared, so instead he remained cautious, his eyes on swivels, as he scanned from the shadowed depth of his cloak. He relayed the information to his teammates, even those on the supply run, in the event they got to the Cargo Bay prior to the return of the gamoreans.

Spoiler: Oot of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: I am relaying tactical information I spot in my cursory scan to Zoon, so he can check with Advantage.

9. - Top - End - #69

Zoon tries to be cordial at the droid. It's true... A Droid crime lord? Only in this forsaken place of the galaxy... he thinks as he marvels at the sight. Smart droids I know, but criminal... He must have his behavioral inhibitors altered...

Zoon blinks and tries to return to reality besides all the tech curiosity that was sprouting "I'll take the wine. I once trasnported a few crates on my ship, but never tried it..."

He uses the opportunity to look around while adding "We're here to retrieve some cargo for miss Karposaan. I'm sure you know what it is."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Perception: (2d20+2)[15][3](18)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Azzalix Zyx
    Consular

Bowing her head "Azzalix. Water is fine, thank you."

Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[13]

11. - Top - End - #71

"Water? How... disappointing." Switch emits a mechanical sigh as he presses a button, and an apparatus next to his desk produces a glass of plain water. "Of all that I have acquired from you humanoids, the one thing that escapes me is a sense of taste, and an appreciation for the effects of fine liquor. I live vicariously through my guests in that regard. Nevetheless, he says as he places the water before you, "I hope you find this to your liking." Indeed, upon tasting it, you notice that it tastes like... water--the purest, most distilled, and most refreshing water you have ever enjoyed.

A red and blue astromech droid--R5-B8, Switch introduces--delivers the bottle of currant wine. Watching his movement brings your attention to another entity, a thuggish looking Twi'lek standing between two stacks of crates. The wine produces a slight tingling in your mouth as you imbibe. It is sweet, as its name suggests, with hints of tartness lingering after each sip. Switch watches with eager anticipation with each drink from the shining polished goblet that holds the beverage. "How is it? Describe it for me, please, and leave no detail out."

With the pleasantries concluded, the talk turns to your business. "Ah, yes. Maya. My services are available to anyone who can pay, and she may--or may not--have purchased some. But included in my services is discretion, which I would violate if I readily revealed my clients' business to whoever crossed the threshold into my domain."

(Make Persuasion checks.)

Show
    You notice two bodyguards hiding among the crates, ready to spring out should the conversation turn hostile.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Active Effects: Armor of Aboleth (1 hour)

Qotho grunted, "For someone who claims to be a broker, you seem uninformed." He paused, collected his thoughts, "Check the station feeds, main concourse, about two hours ago some Imperials tried to detain your client. Looks like she'd already been subjected to enhanced interrogation methods, she could have already revealed the location of your side business to the Imps. They want her bad enough, they may finally decide to break 'quarantine' to do it. We're here to collect the property you're holding for her and get her off station. Quick, easy, and you can resume business as usual."

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Untrained Persuasion Check, (1d20+3)[10]. Let's see if that works, knowing my dice it'll be a 4 ... bonus included! 10! Woooo! Double digits.
    ;;l;; dice roller!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-01-09 at 05:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

[QUOTE=hexed666;24860897]Jessica
    AC:13 HP:10

With Azzalix buying a trauma kit Jessica enters a few last numbers on her wristpad before sighing. "I've not nearly enough credits so I'll have to be back. Thank you for your time." Dipping her head in a nod she follows along behind Azzalix towards V14, Zoon's quick call causing her to speed up her steps.

Entering V14 has her perking up, eyes darting about from missing plate to cracked pipe and the fingers of her free hand twitching for tools. Her attention is wandering so much that the droid speaking up has her jumping before smiling at Switch. "Sunfruit liquor? Really?Is it a synthetic or actually from Corellia?" Blushing slightly she sets her box down and dips into a rough curtsy. "Pleased ta meet you Mr. Switch. Name's Jessica. And if you don't mind I'll have a flute of the Sunfruit Liquor."

The drink has her distracted as talk turns to business, her eyes closed and slow sips being taken. Qotho's grunt draws her attention back to the talk at hand, a frown curling her lips. "Convenience Mr. Switch. Maya got hurt and asked us to pick up the package as she makes arrangements."

Show

Eeeps. Sorry for going quiet so long. Untrained persuasion. (1d20)[16]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

Senri Cassin
    (AC 17, HP:6/9, PasPer: 15, PasIns: 15)

Senri introduced herself, but stayed to the back of the group, with one eye on the exit.

"Water is fine. And yes, there does seem to be something of... a sense of urgency to all of this. Which is fine, honestly, for all involved - nothing about this arrangement needs to complicate itself. "

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Perception:(1d20+5)[7]
    Persuasion:(1d20-1)[13]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Azzalix Zyx
    Consular
    Noting the flat flavor of water that has had all of the important life sustaining minerals removed from it Azzalix says "They say that fish cannot survive in absolutely clear water."

---

Picking up the glass of Sunfruit Liquor she hands it to Jessica while using the force to bolster to her words.

Show
    Using Guidance on Jessica (1d4)[4]

16. - Top - End - #76

Zoon first smells , then tastes the wine. After a few seconds he replies to the droid "Sweet from the tip of the tongue onwards. Low acidity levels and Tannins, wich make a long consistent full-bodied fruity flavor. Seems a bit like a licquor or dessert wine, but strong enough to be used in dinners."

After that he looks around as if he had spoke too much.

"At least that's what it looks to me. I'm no expert."

Show

I'll help someone who has the best chance for him to have advantage.
    untrained persuasion (1d20-1)[10]
    Last edited by Darkstorm; 2021-01-04 at 04:00 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Tarif
    AC 15 HP 10/11 PP 14 PI 12

Tarif emerged from the shadows at the front of the storage bay where she’d been standing, cross-legged, for the past half a minute, and accepted one of the flasks which Switch had offered them. She needed to keep her senses sharp, so she resolved to take only a tiny sip. As soon as the alcohol passed her lips, though, a jolt of suspicion ran up her spine, and she let out a little hiss.

”Indeed, this wine is rare, Sir Switch. So rare that I’ve only ever tasted it once before, on a vessel known as the Vesper, which I crewed for three years. Tell me, gracious host, how, precisely, did you make the acquaintance of my old captain, Rosat Koremoth? And why would she be willing to do business with the likes of you?”

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception (Montrals) to detect hidden items (1d20+4)[5]
    Intimidation against this guy. (1d20+1)[10] It’s out of the blue I know, but that’s kind of my job.
    Last edited by LemursGalore; 2021-01-04 at 11:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Switch looks at each of you in turn as you speak. Although you know he is a suitably constructed droid, you hallucinate as if you can actually hear the gears whirring behind his lifeless eyes. Finally, he responds.

"The Imperials are of no concern to me. If they were motivated to investigate this area, they would have." He looks without expression at Qotho, showing no sign that the implied threat has had any effect.

"It is bold of you to assume that your experience is an accurate representation of the universe," he says patronizingly to Tarif. "I have not found that to be the case with mine. Yes, indeed the beverage is a rarity. But there are ways to acquire it without going through your... Captain Koremoth." He says the name as if filing it away for future reference. "As for your question, I will choose to take it without insult. Though why someone would do business with 'the likes of me,' as you put it, is answered with the same reason why anyone would do business with anyone: I have something they want, and they have something I want. In the instance of this wine, I had credits, which they desired, and they had this wine, which I desired." He smirks. "Is this your first time participating in trade?"

At Zoon's description of the wine, the droid smiles. "You have a refined palate. You may not be an expert, but your description contains new information to me, and is overall consistent with previous descriptions. Thank you." He nods with approval.

The Force which connects all living things is unconnected with this non-living droid, but Azzalix's use of it does inspire Jessica to choose the right combination of words that persuade Switch. "I was approached by Maya Karposaan to arrange transport for a certain cargo, which I have done. There were complications that required additional expense, which is outstanding. I will share the information you seek, namely, the location of the cargo, in exchange for that which I desire: credits, information, or some combination of the two. The information can be yours for 1000 credits. Of course, I find information to be significantly more of interest. If that sum is beyond your means, I am willing to reduce it, if you are willing to work for me. Provide me with regular reports of your travels, and I can offer you a discount of 200 credits, each."

19. - Top - End - #79

Looking at the meager amount of credits he owned, Zoon looks at the droid and promises "You can count on my reports. And I could be convinced into turning that into something more. If you ever need something done, call me. I'm sure we can find a good price and a compromise."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessica

Jessica chews on her lower lip, gaze falling on the drink still in her hand. "What kind of reports are you wanting. Can't say about the others but I'm just a mechanic. Never really been anywhere other than the belly of a ship drifting across the black." Her head bobs in a nod as Zoon speaks up, a grin curling her lips. "Be a fool not to take such a deal. Just not sure how ya actually benefit from it."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Qotho shrugged, "As long as you understand I will not divulge any information that I feel would threaten myself, or my companions." He paused, nodded towards Zoon, "Assuming that's amendable to you, like the duros here, I'm willing to perform the odd job for you, as required, price negotiable.""

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Azzalix Zyx
    Consular
    Considering Maya offered to to reimburse them for their expenses and Azzalix places 100 credits on the desk. "This is all I have with me, Maya can pay the rest, once we deal with the immediate task at hand. I might be able to give you some information in exchange for a small favor. We can discuss it later."

23. - Top - End - #83

Senri Cassin

Senri raised an eyebrow.

"Two hundred each means no charge if we all agree. Like him-"

She nodded towards Qotho.

"- I have no problem keeping you updated as long as you understand there are things we cannot share, for our own safety."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

"It is always good to make connections with those who are willing to exchange labor for valuables," Switch says to Qotho and Zoon. "As for the way I benefit from your reports, I have every confidence that any information you provide will ultimately be of use. How long until it is, there is no way to be sure. I understand the value of discretion," he continues, accepting the bribe from Azzalix. "And would not expect you to provide intelligence that would jeopardize yourself or your aims. However, I can not provide you with the information you seek on the 'promise' that payment will be forthcoming from an individual who is not here to confirm. Surely you understand." However, after Jessica (and anyone else who contributes) provides the remainder of the payment, the droid says. "The cargo you seek is located on the Blue Deck."

Within moments, however, there is the sound of blaster fire from the hallway, and three nefarious looking aliens enter the space. In the center, a Chevin with a gruff voice shouts, "I've had it with you cutting me out of deals with off-worlders, Switch! Prepare to be terminated!"

(Roll Initiative)

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Qotho looked from the droid back to the large pachydermoid looking Chevin, he patiently stepped out placing himself in front of the droid info broker. "A foolish mistake, chevin."

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Initiative Check for Qotho, (1d20+0)[20]. Let's hope the polyhedral gods are kind!

26. - Top - End - #86

Senri Cassin

"I hope our enemies continue to loudly announce their arrival..."

She darted towards the closest source of cover.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:(1d20+4)[10]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Azzalix Zyx
    Consular
    Staring at the intruder with a raised eyebrow "Off-worlders? This is a space station."

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[17]

28. - Top - End - #88

Zoon looks at the new arrivals and smirks.

He grabs his gun and shield, and looking at Switch he asks "How much taking care of this guy will be worth to you?"

Show
    Initiative (1d20+5)[23]
    Last edited by Darkstorm; 2021-01-08 at 04:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessica

Jessica's head bounces in a nod as Switch explains the deal further, a grin curling her lips. "Aye that doesn't sound to bad. Count me in." The mention of 'promise' payment has her nodding again, a credchip sliding across the table.

The blaster fire and roughs entering has her slumping down before glancing around for cover. "Why is everyone violent today?"

Show

Initiative (1d20+2)[5]

30. - Top - End - #90

"My life is worth everything to me," Switch says, clearly distressed as he ducks under his desk. "Protect me, and you will be well rewarded!"

(Qotho, Azzalix, and Zoon have initiative, followed by the enemy, followed by the entire party. Switch is located in D6. The Chevin is located in E13, with his flunkies in D14 and F14, respectively.)
    Last edited by esorscher; 2021-01-09 at 04:25 PM.