New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [D&D5e] The Flames of Turmoil - IC

After Robert’s speech, the woman up on the cliff says:

Well, without our diligent patrols, this valley would be teeming with dangerous bandits and hooligans. It is our presence here that allows for the likes of you to travel safely. Henceforth, a contribution to our cause is the bare minimum of decency that you could spare!

Now, I’ve been kind enough to give you all a loud and hardy welcome. Not to mention you had the comfort of travelling without being pestered by rogue assailants... See, I like to consider myself a trusting gal, but I have a mounting suspicion that you intend to disrespect the Black Muds!

Then Zophar grabs the collector and all the Black Muds roar in disapproval.

How dare you? Enough talking boys, drop the barrels!

Spoiler: Screech's perception check
    Show
    Screech notices that thug #4 and thug #5 are loading barrels into a weird contraption with a spring and small ramp.

Spoiler: Archers attack Rever and Zophar
    Show
    Thugs #7 and #8 are archers with longbows. They quickly fire arrows and hide behind boulders.

Arrow attack against Rever: (1d20+4)[7], damage: (1d8+2)[4] piercing
    Arrow attack against Zophar: (1d20+4)[21], damage: (1d8+2)[8] piercing

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Spoiler: Combat Round 1 - It's Zophar's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Archers - 21 - already went
    Zophar Ghehadur - 19
    Barrel throwers - 15
    Screech - 14
    Robert Albey - 9
    Rhino guys - 9
    Rever - 5

Inspiration Reminder:
    Robert Albey has 1 inspiration point
    Zophar Ghehadur has 1 inspiration point
    Rever Rockhide has 1 inspiration point
    Screech will be awarded 1 inspiration point if whismur tells me how much gold he has (ooc please)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Wooloo View Post
    Spoiler: Archers attack Rever and Zophar
    Show
    Thugs #7 and #8 are archers with longbows. They quickly fire arrows and hide behind boulders.

Arrow attack against Rever: [roll0], damage: [roll1] piercing
    Arrow attack against Zophar: [roll2], damage: [roll3] piercing
    Robert's sword's rune flares brightly and the arrow that seemed sure to hit Zophar seems to reflect and hit Thug #4 instead. Robert says, "Respect is earned!"

Spoiler: OOC - Cloud Rune
    Show
    Robert invokes the cloud rune and, as a Reaction, redirects the arrow's attack. The same attack roll hits somebody else I choose within 30' instead of the original target (but don't worry, the rune is a 1-per-short-rest sort of thing).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zophar nods to Robert in acknowledgment, and coolly surveys the situation. Making his decision, he smashes at the man he's restraining with his longsword.

Attack 1: To hit: (1d20+7)[22]. Damage: (1d8+4)[9] nonlethal.
    Attack 2: To hit: (1d20+7)[22]. Damage: (1d8+4)[7] nonlethal.

== OOC ==
    If the man falls from the first attack, walk to F11 and make the second attack against the archer. This attack will not be nonlethal.
    If the man falls from the second attack, walk to F11 and smile at the archer from up close.
    If the man does not fall, drag him to K10 (Zophar will be at K9).
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-19 at 07:30 PM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #34

BardGuy

Show

Thug#1 is the collector, who is unconscious

Thug#4 is dead
    Thug#5 fled
    Thug#6 is just hanging back. He looks kinda scared.
    Thug#7 is an archer.
    Thug#8 was attacked by the dragonborn paladin Zophar and is nearly dead.

Spoiler: Combat Round 1 - It's Screech's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Zophar Ghehadur - 19 - already went
    Barrel throwers - 15 - already went
    Screech - 14
    Robert Albey - 9
    Rhino guys - 9
    Rever - 5

Inspiration Reminder:
    Screech will be awarded 1 inspiration point if whismur tells me how much gold he has (ooc please)

===============

The powerful paladin Zophar bonks the head of his prisoner with the blunt side of his blade, sending the would-be toll collector straight to sleep. He then rushes over to the nearest archer and gives the man a nice scar to remember him by.
    AAAAHHHRR” says the archer, who is not dead yet.

On the left side of the cliff, a lifeless thug, struck by rune-induced friendly fire, plummets down to the dirt, bringing down a large barrel with him. The barrel lands intact, without breaking, nor spilling any of its contents.

On the other side of the cliff, the other thug manages to activate his contraption.
    An identical barrel comes flying down aimed at the Genasi Fighter, Robert, and lands breaking with a crashing sound. A mysterious black substance spills from the inside and quickly takes up the form of a large pool of foul smelling ooze.
    After throwing the barrel, this thug vanishes inside a secret tunnel.

Robert needs to make a dexterity saving throw DC 13 or suffer [roll]3d6[roll] bludgeoning damage from the falling barrel.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Wooloo View Post
    An identical barrel comes flying down aimed at the Genasi Fighter, Robert, and lands breaking with a crashing sound. A mysterious black substance spills from the inside and quickly takes up the form of a large pool of foul smelling ooze.
    After throwing the barrel, this thug vanishes inside a secret tunnel.

Robert needs to make a dexterity saving throw DC 13 or suffer [roll]3d6[roll] bludgeoning damage from the falling barrel.
    Spoiler: OOC - Dex save
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20] versus the barrel.

Robert sidesteps the ooze and follows Zophar to the ground-level archer. He charges in swinging. He sees the rhinos but just yells cheerily to Screech, "Hey, do something about those big guys, eh?"

Spoiler: OOC - Charger Feat
    Show
    Move to Thug #8, space J12(?) by moving then taking the Dash Action. Robert's bonus action thanks to the feat will be to slash him with the scimitar and hopefully do the extra +5 damage.

Attack roll: (1d20+7)[10] for (1d6+9)[10] slashing damage.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Screech poked his head out from behind the rock he had been taking cover behind. The initial jump to battle was finished, and now he was being called upon? Of course he was being called upon! He was a druid of at least some renown, on an adventure! At first, his thoughts turned to perhaps spooking the rhinos, but realized that provoking a heavy animal to stampede probably wouldn't properly count as "doing something". He raises his yew wand, and accompanied by the appropriate arcane gesture and the imitated noises of timber crashing to the ground, he summons thick, gnarling briars to infest the middle of the path, forming a grove the rhino-riders would be hesitant to cross, and forcing the creatures to the canyon walls seemed advantageous.

Confident in his success for now, the bird's eyes track to the ground, grabbing some loose pebbles from the dirt and enchanting them as he chuckles to himself, whispering a shout from the last poor soul who had caught a magical stone in an unfortunate spot, "Ow, my eye!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Spike Growth centered on the middle vertex of K11-L12. This should line it up so the upper edge of the spell ends below the unconscious collector.
    Bonus Action: Cast Magic Stone

Currently Concentrating on Spike Growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

7. - Top - End - #37

BardGuy

Show

Thug#4 is dead
    Thug#5 fled
    Thug#6 is just hanging back. He looks kinda scared.
    Thug#7 is an archer at full health.
    Thug#9 is a rider, now on foot, really hurt from spikes.
    Thug#10 is a small humanoid spellcaster, really hurt from spikes.

Spoiler: Combat Round 1 - It's Rever's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Screech - 14 - already went
    Robert Albey - 9 - already went
    Rhino guys - 9 - already went
    Rever Rockhide - 5

Inspiration Reminder:

===============

The druid Screech casts his uncanny magic, causing briars to sprout in the middle of the path. Meanwhile, the fighter Robert steps away from the threatening ooze and joins Zophar in melee combat against the injured archer, but fails to connect his attack.

With thorny vines and spikes blocking the way, the first of the rhino riders charges to the left side getting near Zophar and Robert. This enemy throws a net at Robert, but the battle savvy genasi is not easy to catch and avoids the attack!

This rider is a large and strong man wearing leather armor. Besides the net, he is armed with a trident and has something on his back that looks like a strange backpack.

However, when he comes near, the heroes can see that the backpack is actually a small sized humanoid strapped to his back. This strange creature conjures a blob of acid and hurls it at the paladin Zophar, some of it also splashing at Robert.

Spoiler: Zophar and Robert need to make Dex save
    Show
    Both Zophar and Robert need to make Dexterity Saving throws, DC 14, or suffer (1d6)[3] acid damage.

---------------
    Meanwhile,

The second Rhino Rider is less cautious and forces his mount to charge through the spikes!
    The creature growls in pain as the thick magical briars pierce its skin so violently that the rhinoceros succumbs in the middle of the spiky field with a loud sad roar.

The rider tumbles to the side and also falls on spikes, suffering damage, but not as much as the mount.
    Like the first rider, this one also carries a small humanoid on his back, but with the tumble, the straps come loose and they become separated. Both rider and caster suffer damage from the spikes.

The rider, now on foot, comes through the vines, slashed, pierced and bloodied, but still with a fighting spirit.
    He throws a net at the Barbarian Rever!
    Spoiler: Net attack against Rever
    Show
    (1d20+5)[17]

His small sized companion is similarly injured but still launches a blob of acid towards Rever.

Spoiler: Rever needs to make a Dex save
    Show
    Rever must succeed a Dexterity saving throw DC 14 or suffer (1d6)[4] acid damage.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Entangled in the net, Rever has a harder time avoiding the incoming acid. He tries to throw it off and free himself.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Net hits my AC, so I'm Restrained, taking disadvantage on Dex saves ... and here comes one now! But my barbarian danger sense cancels out the disadvantage. (d20+4)[13] to save. If the save is for half damage and I succeed, Shield Master lets me react to take none.

My action is a DC 10 Strength check to remove the net, (d20+5)[15]. If I succeed, I'll skirt the ooze to move to N7, where I can threaten thugs 9 and 10.

"Gahh! I'll get you for that!" Quickly hurling the net away, Rever stalks toward the acid-thrower.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-12-20 at 01:40 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

9. - Top - End - #39

BardGuy

Show

Spoiler: Combat Round 2 - It's Zophar's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Zophar Ghehadur - 19
    Screech - 14
    Robert Albey - 9
    Rhino guys and little casters - 9
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:

===============

At the top of the cliff, the woman who seems to be the leader of this group, talks with her two bodyguards. She is not talking to the party of heroes down in the canyon, but her voice echos down and the heroes can hear what she says:

"Let's leave.
    Bodyguard 1: “What..? What about the tresspassers?
    "If they win this fight, they earn the right to travel through our valley. If they lose, our warriors collect the toll. In either case, the matter is settled. I take no pleasure from watching.
    Bodyguard 2: "But.. But.."
    I said: Let’s leave.

And so, they disappear beyond your sight.

Following their cue, Thug #6 also turns tail and dashes away.

----------------

Soon after, The dwarven barbarian gets rid of the net to the disappointment of the thrower:
    AAARRH!! You were meant to stay trapped!” He complains in a gnarly voice, with bloodshot eyes.

Meanwhile, the healthy archer further south (Thug #7) will move out of cover to shoot an arrow at Screech and then hurry back to a partially covered position behind a rock.

At the same time, the injured archer will let go of his bow and make a feeble attempt at piercing the dragonborn Zophar with a dagger.

Spoiler: Arrow shot at Screech
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16], damage: (1d8+2)[10] piercing

Spoiler: dagger attack at Zophar
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20], damage: (1d4+2)[5] piercing
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-20 at 06:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zophar's eyes widen in surprise as the archer's desperate attack actually pierced through a weak link in his armor. His mouth curls into a grimace that he disguises as a grin.

"The desert mosquitos are quite the annoyance, aren't they, Robert?"

The dragonborn inhales deeply and looses a cone of arctic-cold frost that cakes the archer, the rhinoceros, its rider, and the tiny, puny mage in its wake.

== OOC ==
    Action: Breath Weapon (15 foot cone avoiding Robert but hitting all nearby enemies). DC 15 CON save to halve (2d6)[6] cold damage.
    Move towards the closest standing enemy. This will be the rhinoceros if it's still up, the man riding it or mage on the man's pack if they are up, or towards the archer (ending at K16) if everything was killed.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-20 at 08:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

BardGuy

All the enemies suffer the full force of Zophar’s cold breath.
    Being already injured, the archer dies a very unexpected icy death for a desert dweller.

The rider and his assistant caster suffer the cold damage, but remain fighting.
    I appreciate the refreshment!” says the rider.
    Hahahaha now you die!” announces the little spellcaster.

Show

R1 is a Rhino with a rider and spellcaster. They are somewhat injured.

Spoiler: Combat Round 2 - It's Screech's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Screech - 14
    Robert Albey - 9
    Rhino guys and little casters - 9
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Perhaps. Perhaps you will be lucky enough to kill me," Zophar says as he steps over the corpse of the archer, "But you will not find me easy prey."

Move to F13.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-21 at 01:25 AM.
    Now Playing

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Screech squawks out in pain as the arrow pushes through a gap in his leather armor, and the briars which had been summoned only a few moments before quickly withered and frayed back into nothingness on the desert winds. He imitated a low, irritated growl before poking his head back out to glance at where the arrow came from. Too far away for him to do much about from here, and he wasn't eager to turn himself into a pincushion in retaliation. He narrowed his eyes and decided to hurl one of his pebbles at the small backpack-humanoid which had fallen from the rider.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration on Spike Growth drops.
    Attacking with Magic Stone: (1d20+6)[19] for (1d6+3)[7]
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

14. - Top - End - #44

BardGuy

The druid Screech sends a magic stone flying through the air, hitting the head of the tiny magician.
    The enemy caster falls dead, victim of a tiny pebble.

On the south side of the map, Robert finishes off the half-frozen rider with a skillful scimitar strike. The assailant falls dead from the Rhino, causing his companion caster to fall as well.

Freed from the rider, and with the dangerous spikes gone, the rhino charges north trying to flee all of this agitation.

Spoiler: Attacks of Opportunity
    Show
    Attacks of Opportunity:
    Zophar and Robert are allowed attacks of opportunity against the rhino, if they want to.

Show

Spoiler: Combat Round 2 - It's Rever's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Rhino and little caster - 9 - already went
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-21 at 12:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Freed from worrying about the smaller, spellcasting thug, Rever turns and hurls himself at the other, shield and blade both threatening the man.

Show
    If I can, I'd like to use the Shield Master shove first -- I'm interested in seeing what the ooze does! If you rule that the Attack has to come before the bonus action, cutting him down is okay too.

First, move to N6.
    Shield slam: (d20+11)[13] vs thug 9's opposed Athletics to push him into the ooze, following if necessary to continue the attack
    Rapier, Reckless Attack: (d20+8)[17] or (d20+8)[17] for (d8+5)[8] damage plus (d6)[6] Sneak Attack

Current games list

16. - Top - End - #46

BardGuy

Rever, the grey skinned dwarf, moves to reposition himself in a deadly tango with the raider.

But the hero is surprised by a sudden attack from the ooze!
    The seemingly inert puddle of black goo forms a whip-like appendage and tries to hit Rever.

Spoiler: Goo-whip attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16]
    If it hits, Rever suffers (1d6+3)[5] bludgeoning damage
    and (4d8)[20] acid damage

Swiftly dodging this weird attack, the bold barbarian uses his shield expertise to shove the enemy raider!
    However, the rhino rider is able to resist the forceful push, blocking the shield with both his hands.

Without hesitation, Rever draws his rapier and while the enemy’s two hands are occupied defending from the shield shove, the dwarven barbarian strikes at his flank, killing the enemy on the spot!

--------

And then! The suddenly awakened mysterious ooze forms another whip-like appendage and strikes at the unconscious toll collector near him.

Spoiler: Attack against the sleeping guy
    Show
    Attack against the goblet guy
    (1d20+5)[19]
    (1d20+5)[15]

The acid dissolves the unconscious enemy into a slimy puddle of melted flesh.

===============

Show

Thug#11 is a small magical humanoid, who is really hurt. He is prone.
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-21 at 08:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

BardGuy

Seeing all this carnage from a vantage point, the lonely archer, far down south, will try to shoot an arrow at Rever, but misses.

(1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[9]

The Ooze hungers for more. It moves.

===============

Show

Thug#11 is a small magical humanoid, who is really hurt. He is prone.

Spoiler: Combat Round 3 - It's Zophar's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Zophar Ghehadur - 19
    Screech - 14
    Robert Albey - 9
    Rhino and little caster - 9
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-21 at 09:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Mildly irritated at losing his captive, Zophar decides to make a new one. He roars out to the genasi, "I have this. Take out that archer!"

Attack #1: (1d20+7)[8]. Advantage (melee within 5 feet vs prone target): (1d20+7)[12]. Slashing damage: (1d8+4)[9] nonlethal.
    Attack #2: (1d20+7)[10]. Advantage (melee within 5 feet vs prone target): (1d20+7)[15]. Slashing damage: (1d8+4)[9] nonlethal.

=== OOC ===
    If attack 1 knocks out the little guy, redirect attack 2 to ooze with javelin. No advantage roll. Piercing damage reduces by (1d2)[2].
    If attack 2 does NOT knock out the little guy, angle around the little guy towards I-13.
    If the little guy is knocked out by either attack 1 or 2, move to M-11.

=== Botting Robert ===
    Robert dashes to M-18 and uses the charger feat to make a bonus action attack with the scimitar on the archer.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[9]. Damage: (1d6+9)[15] slashing.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-21 at 10:25 PM.
    Now Playing

19. - Top - End - #49

BardGuy

Hahaha! Get ready to suffer unimaginable pain from my magic powe--” BONK!
    The small caster is clunked in the head with the hilt of the sword and falls unconscious.

Then, the mighty dragonborn moves north towards the threatening ooze creature, drops his sword and throws a javelin at the black puddle-like monster!

The ooze squirms and lets out a strange hissing sound, like a balloon losing air. It engulfs the javelin, completely dissolving the weapon.

Simultaneously, Robert rushes over to the lonely archer behind the rock and tries to hit the bandit, but fails.

===============

Show

Thug#11 is unconscious.
    Zophar’s Longsword is at tile I-10. (letter I as in India)

Spoiler: Combat Round 3 - It's Screech's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Screech - 14
    Rhino and little caster - 9
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-23 at 11:46 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Screech tilts his head in awe at the ooze's dissolving capabilities. He threw a spell of deep cold at it, wondering if perhaps it would shatter if struck hard enough.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Frostbite on the ooze. Ooze must pass a DC 14 Con Save or suffer (2d6)[10] cold damage and have disadvantage on its next attack.

21. - Top - End - #51

BardGuy

The kenku druid, Screech, casts a freezing spell!

Spoiler: Constitution saving throw
    Show
    Constitution saving throw:
    (1d20+3)[13]

Sadly, the blob-like creature appears to be immune to cold damage.
    It does seem to squirm in a slower fashion than when the javelin hit it.
    So at least its next attack will be less effective.

Meanwhile, the stampeding rhino keeps dashing away and disappears into the north.

===============

Show

Thug#11 is unconscious.
    Zophar’s Longsword is at tile I-10. (letter I as in India).
    The party has learned that the ooze is immune to cold damage.

Spoiler: Combat Round 3 - It's Rever's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-23 at 01:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Tossing his sword to the ground, Rever moves to the broken barrel and picks up a piece of it. He then uses the wood to bash at the ooze with gusto, giving little thought to defense. His eyes meet Screech's over the top of the blob ... it seems Rever is more concerned about the little kenku's safety than his own.

Show
    I'll probably move a square or two west to find my piece of barrel. Reckless Attack with it, (d20+5)[21] or (d20+5)[8] (but add +3 for proficiency if the wood is weapon-like enough to count as a club or staff). Not sure which damage roll would be appropriate, probably (d4+5)[8] or (d6+5)[10] or (d8+5)[11].

Current games list

23. - Top - End - #53

BardGuy

The fierce barbarian, Rever, drops his rapier and finds a piece of the broken barrel that he manages to use as a club to smash at the puddle of goo!

The evil creature squirms with the hit and shrinks slightly. “Gwwwwhhhllwh!!” it growls in a muffled tune and splashes a bit of acid back at the attacker.

Rever suffers (1d8)[4] acid damage right after the attack.

Revengeful, the ooze will strike back at its assailant.
    A black whip-like tentacle of goo attacks, but Rever avoids it!

Spoiler: Ooze attack
    Show
    The Ooze had disadvantage because of the frosty spell from Screech.
    But also advantage from Rever’s reckless attack. So they cancel each other out.
    (1d20+5)[16]
    damage: (1d6+3)[8] bludgeoning
    plus (4d8)[12] acid damage

--------
    Meanwhile, at the south of the battle area, the cornered archer drops his bow and tries to hit Robert with a dagger. “Surrender to the Black Muds, filthy trespasser!

Spoiler: dagger attack
    Show
    Dagger attack: (1d20+4)[7]
    damage: (1d4+2)[3] piercing

===============

Show

Thug#11 is unconscious.
    Zophar’s Longsword is at tile I-10. (letter I as in India).
    Rever’s rapier is in tile L-6.

Spoiler: Combat Round 4 - It's Zophar's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Archer - 21 - already went
    Zophar Ghehadur - 19 -
    Screech - 14
    Robert Albey - 9
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-24 at 10:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zophar was going to charge at the ooze and cut it to ribbons, but after seeing it dissolve both the bandit and his javelin, and watching his companion take some rather extreme precautions to avoid hitting it with their weapon, he has second thoughts. He may not be the most intelligent, but he's certainly no fool.

He calmly picks up his longsword, and holds his shield aloft. The sigil of the Platinum Dragon emblazoned on his shield lights up, as the paladin mutters an incantation that causes a ringing peal of a dolorous bell to vibrate around the ooze.

== OOC ==
    Item Interaction: Pick up my longsword
    Action: Toll the Dead. Ooze must succeed on DC14 wisdom save or take (2d12)[16] necrotic damage.
    Move to L9.

If Archemist is still offline, Robert will just do a couple of non-lethal scimitar swipes to force the bandit to unhand his dagger. Literally. You don't need hands to live, right???
    == Botting Robert ==
    Attack 1: (1d20+7)[10]. (1d6+4)[7] slashing.
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[16]. (1d6+4)[8] slashing.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-24 at 09:53 PM.
    Now Playing

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Not damaged by cold ... but affected by cold... Something to ponder later, as the sturdy dwarf seemed content to smash the ooze further. Screech meets his worried gaze for a moment. Promptly, the haughty laughing of a flock of seagulls can be heard over the battlefield as the kenku nimbly walk-hops away from the ooze before calling out to the dwarf in a rough, dry voice of someone eager to take someone else's gold, "Best of luck to ya!" Screech continues his assistance from afar, hurling more chilled energy at the ooze.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to J7, avoiding the ooze's reach.
    Cast Frostbite on the ooze; ooze must pass a DC 14 Con save or take (2d6)[5] cold damage and have disadvantage on its next attack.

26. - Top - End - #56

BardGuy

Zophar casts a strange spell causing ominous ghostly bell sounds to fill the air!

Spoiler: ooze wisdom
    Show
    Wisdom saving throw: (1d20-2)[4]

The creature squirms in pain and starts shivering!

Meanwhile, Screech casts his freezing magic again.

Spoiler: ooze constitution
    Show
    Constitution Saving throw: (1d20+3)[20]

This time around, the monster appears unfazed by the cold effects.

And at the southern area of the battle, the genasi fighter, Robert, slashes a nasty cut at the archer’s hand, causing the enemy to faint and fall unconscious to the ground.

===============

Show

Thug#7 is an unconscious archer.
    Thug#11 is the unconscious tiny mage.

Spoiler: Combat Round 4 - It'sRever's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Archer - 21 - already went
    Zophar Ghehadur - already went
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-25 at 10:09 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Both gamely and grimly, Rever continues swinging the barrel shard at the black muddy creature. "How ... much ... more beating ... do ... you need!" he growls between swings.

Show
    Still Reckless-Attacking: (d20+8)[26] or (d20+8)[23] to hit AC for (d4+5)[7] damage.

I'm happy to keep tanking / damage-sponging while allies stay at range.

Current games list

28. - Top - End - #58

BardGuy

The blob of black amorphous mass suffers another violent attack from Rever, hissing and squirming!
    Splashes of acid hurt the hero Barbarian, who suffers (1d8)[1] acid damage.

The monster, once again, attacks the barbarian with the weird appendage!

Spoiler: Ooze attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16]
    advantage due to the reckless attack: (1d20+5)[22]

damage:
    (1d6+3)[7] bludgeoning
    (4d8)[14] acid

===============

Show

Spoiler: Combat Round 5 - It's Zophar's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Zophar Ghehadur - 19
    Screech - 14
    Robert Albey - 9
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The baleful bell tolling works well enough against it, but Zophar wonders to himself whether the sacred flame of the platinum dragon would be more effective.

And so he raises his shield once again, and a bright radiance descends into the monstrosity to engulf it!

== OOC ==
    Action: Sacred Flame. Ooze must succeed on DC14 DEX save to avoid (2d8)[7] radiant damage.
    How rough is it looking? (1d20)[13] to determine HP as percentage of max HP. 😂
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #60

BardGuy

A beautiful flash of celestial fire explodes against the black goo creature!

Spoiler: Ooze reflexes
    Show
    Dex Save: (1d20-3)[12]

The creature suffers the full blast, but remains alive and fighting!

Spoiler: Monster health
    Show
    Monster health:
    At each attack, the creature shrinks slightly and forms grey bubbles of lifeless mass on its surface. At this point, you estimate that half of the original mass still presents the healthy glow of slick black petroleum extracted fresh from the earth.
    50% health bar.

===============

Show

Spoiler: Combat Round 5 - It's Screech's turn!
    Show
    Initiative order:
    Screech - 14
    Robert Albey - 9
    Rever Rockhide - 5
    Ooze - 3

Inspiration Reminder:
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-25 at 06:15 PM.