Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GiTP Blood Bowl Weekly Team Management Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Spoiler: Rules question
    Show
    Not trying to be antagonistic, but it's a point in the rules I've never been clear on so I'm going to use the current situation since it's the perfect example. Pre-petty cash elves get 30k in inducements. Elves move 70k from treasury to petty cash to get to 100k. But gold moved to petty cash is supposed to count as part of TV (p28 of the CRP). Based on elves moving 70k, that puts their TV to +40 over the orcs. Wouldn't that leave the elves with 70k (not enough for the apo) and orcs with 40k for inducement spending? This confusion is why I've never bothered with it. Thanks!

Looking forward to the game!
    The petty cash/treasury issue makes sense but it is not particularly clearly explained and is often misunderstood.

Treasury money doesn't count for TV.
    You are supposed to move money to petty cash before calculating TV for the forthcoming match.
    Inducements are then calculated.

So you are right, you can't meaningfully top up inducement money with petty cash, and if the elves put in $70,000, that's all the money they have available. If you want to buy an apothecary for the match and you have less than $100,000 in inducements, you have to pay the full $100,000 from your own funds. Your opponent then gets inducement cash of their own.

It's usually only worth doing if you have a higher TV than your opponent and/or desperately need an inducement that you otherwise can't afford, but it's a very inefficient way of buying inducements, especially since it gives opponents inducement money of their own.
    Empire! A community world-building game, always recruiting

GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks. The "inefficient way of buying inducements" part is what made me think I was misreading it but apparently I wasn't.

In case it matters I'm ok with the inducements phase being extended to straighten things out. If I get even a small inducement fund I should be able to followup post pretty quickly.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    The petty cash/treasury issue makes sense but it is not particularly clearly explained and is often misunderstood.

Treasury money doesn't count for TV.
    You are supposed to move money to petty cash before calculating TV for the forthcoming match.
    Inducements are then calculated.

So you are right, you can't meaningfully top up inducement money with petty cash, and if the elves put in $70,000, that's all the money they have available. If you want to buy an apothecary for the match and you have less than $100,000 in inducements, you have to pay the full $100,000 from your own funds. Your opponent then gets inducement cash of their own.

It's usually only worth doing if you have a higher TV than your opponent and/or desperately need an inducement that you otherwise can't afford, but it's a very inefficient way of buying inducements, especially since it gives opponents inducement money of their own.
    This... is an excellent explanation! Thank you!

Thanks. The "inefficient way of buying inducements" part is what made me think I was misreading it but apparently I wasn't.

In case it matters I'm ok with the inducements phase being extended to straighten things out. If I get even a small inducement fund I should be able to followup post pretty quickly.

Definitely take an extra day for inducements! Glad you were able to get a helpful response.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup, that line clearly is in the middle of the Petty Cash paragraph.

So we'll give Clifbranch a Bloodweiser Babe foam-dome and spend 5k on Snotling repellent.

GPP and (regular) Apothecary remain as before.

Thanks
    - M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season VI

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Well, we did it.

The Championship is over, and we have crowned our first champion. Congratulations are definitely in order!

The recap is up, and the Offensive and Defensive MVPs are both mentioned during the halftime show. Also, be sure to collect any gambling winnings!

It has been a remarkable season, but I want to be sure to post that there is a thread for Offseason Discussion. The conversation here will include Custom Inducements, Potential Responsibilities, and Plenty of Opportunities for questions, comments, and concerns. As we look to improve the league, I encourage you to please take part in the discussion and share your thoughts.

Offseason Discussion Thread

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Congrats Mordar!
    (people have had time to read the results so this shouldn't be spoilering)

Frogman, thanks for running the league. I hope we get another season soon. The Killaz will be back if so!

Winnings (1d6+2)[8] (write up, FAME)
    [email protected]: (2d6)[2][3](5)
    Grinder: (2d6)[1][2](3)

Hmm, max winnings but still lost fans.
    Grinder takes Block.
    Last edited by Cavir; 2021-02-21 at 08:38 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, Frogman, for resurrecting GitP Blood Bowl! It has been a wonderful season, and you've proven yourself an able commissioner and all indications are that Crow's legacy is in good hands.

Thank you as well to every coach who participated. It isn't a small commitment to run a team, and despite early abandonments we developed a solid core. I do worry about a late abandonment, though...anyone know what happened there? I look forward to seeing all of you next season, along with more new (and maybe old-new?) blood.

Selecting Wood Elves was something of a lark, and despite the clear advantages of the team (arguably the best basic player type, and a full suite of Ag 4 players), I really thought the lack of direct control was going to allow other teams to really take advantage of the greatest weakness (low armor). Aedilred's Norsemen suffered what could well have been Holhokki Tapio's fate, and we were fortunate in surviving. Thanks to that luck, the innate awesomeness of Wardancers, and the field-stretching of Clifbranch, we completed an undefeated (though not perfect!) season. I am very proud of the outcome, but recognize the array of factors outside my control that combined to make it possible.

Special acknowledgment to the Red Brick Killaz for their successful run through the Eastern Conference, and to the Wiccans for an undefeated regular season and a run to the semi-finals. The Green Wave is also deserving of a special nod for their snotlings success story and their late game heroics to tie our match. Curse you, snotlings!

Post Match Sequence!

Apothecary
    Used during the match. I'm desperately curious as to what Clifbranch's initial injury was...but given the amazing success my Herbalist displayed during the season (resurrecting 4 slain woodelves without a single lingering impact!) I'm confident someone paid him off to underserve Clifbranch. I'm tempted to create a necromantic team with this apothecary as the coach since he clearly has a knack for raising the dead!

Winnings
    (1d6)[4](4) + 2 (winning and preview) = 60,000gp

Fan Factor
    (3d6)[2][1][5](8) vs 8 and Fan Factor...stays at 8. Wins the Championship and no new fans? Just as well I suppose

Skill Ups
    Sunthicket rolls (2d6)[6][1](7) and learns...Tackle

New Additions
    TBD
    Last edited by Mordar; 2021-02-23 at 04:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    Winnings
    [roll0] + 2 (winning and preview) = 60,000gp

Fan Factor...stays at 8. Wins the Championship and no new fans? Just as well I suppose
    Orcs lost fans. Elves stayed the same. Orcs got better winnings. Go figure. I'll trade you the scores for the winnings?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Orcs lost fans. Elves stayed the same. Orcs got better winnings. Go figure. I'll trade you the scores for the winnings?
    Funny thing is I really wanted to comment on that and ran out of time. Something along the lines of:

So it appears Holhokki Tapio are now becoming the successful team that fans generally disdain, and despite winning the championship match are remaining relatively flat in fan base. On the other hand, the Red Brick Killaz actually saw a decrease in their fan base following the match, suggesting either bandwagon fans or true Orks displeased with the lack of blood in the bowl. Of course, it could be that the commissioner wasn't able to properly draw fans to the big finale given the rampant sickness spreading through the region. Baron Sar's second attempt at spreading a Chaos- and Offal-linked disease rife with his normal Virulence has been a blight on the land, but fortunately the Shallyan's have been working overtime to develop protection against Sar's COV #2 disease, and it is finally taking hold. There are great expectations for the second season of this new era, and optimism that we'll have even more teams competing for fortune and glory!

Apologies for the stretch at a pun. As a public health professional if we can't laugh we can only cry.

- M