Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Epic 3.5 Avengers Assemble

Scott Lang is almost complete, just trying to spend the last of my money and work out the last couple feats.

Also, how will we handle comms? In their world, the Avengers have earpieces, transmitters, etc. How will this work when they cross over?

Last edited by Palanan; 2021-01-21 at 12:22 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Communications will have to be done the old fashioned way. Stay in ear shot of each other, or rely on the wizard to have useful spells handy.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Are we doing combined magic items?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yes. You can combine items.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Communications will have to be done the old fashioned way. Stay in ear shot of each other, or rely on the wizard to have useful spells handy.
    Looks around for a wizard...

6. - Top - End - #156

If we're able to combine magic items, then rings of communication might solve the comms problem. You can speak and listen to anyone within one mile who also has a ring, as long as they've been attuned.

These are on MIC 122 and the cost is trivial, so that might be the easiest way to replicate the Avengers' comms.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Scott Lang is almost complete, just trying to spend the last of my money and work out the last couple feats.
    The Ghost Shroud looks super handy, thanks for finding that! Protip - given it offers +4 deflection itself, it's cheaper to upgrade it to +5 for a mere 18k than to buy a whole separate +5 ring for 50k.

Can't afford true seeing any more but that was a comics nod anyway. And on the whole it works out better now, since I figured that Bruce would probably bring medical kits etc. if he was going exploring.

Does normal tech not work on the other side of the split? I bought a couple of magic items that I refluffed as tech (Wand of CMW for a medical injector Tony and Bruce worked up with stem cells/nanites/other technobabble, Wand of Light for a torch), do I need to change that up? Or does the magic in the air just interfere with nonmagical comms or something like that?

Anyway, I reworked Bruce's gear a bit, and reformatted that big block of bullet points and separated them into "misc/flavour", "assumptions/epic extensions" and "mechanics fudge requests", the latter of which I'll reproduce here for you:

• I'd like to make him permanently Large-sized instead of being Large just when he rages. It's truer to Professor Hulk, and frankly since he'll always be Large in combat anyway, all it does it make things more annoying for me to fit into places and improve the theming.
    • I'd like to give him the ability to drop out of Rage at will, and to choose not to proc Rage whenever damaged, since the whole point of Professor Hulk is that he's reconciled the two sides of himself and found an inner balance. Maybe fluff it as a 21st level ability for the Epic Teramach progression, at least for Teramachs without Untamed Apocalypse Shintai (all Rage all the time)
    • Finally, I'd like to integrate the worn magic items as innate qualities, since all the ones I bought are for general Hulkiness rather than representing any particular equipment. I went light on general magic items because I'm trying to theme explicitly for MCU Professor Hulk and he doesn't walk around with a bunch of fancy kit. I think the loss of potential for enemies to Sunder/steal the stuff he does have is balanced by them blocking out the slots they fit, maybe only being directly upgradeable instead of having the potential to add extra qualities if you don't think that's enough; I can come up with some jargon about natural magical potency or whatever.
      • If this is permitted, I'd like to base the deafness save from the Thundering enchant on the handwraps on Bruce instead of a flat DC14, which might as well not exist.

I'll have a writing piece out soon.

Now, speaking of looking at other people's sheets for final tweak ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    See previous explanation, and if all else fails read the sheet as it is all there
    It isn't, so far as I can tell. And the post you made is a good explanation of the build process but it doesn't say anything specific about what you're using here.

• Stat increases do check out, except for two points of the Dex - you can't combine bonuses of the same type except dodge, circumstance, and untyped, so the Fiendish Skin's +2 inherent is overlapped by the +5 tome
      • Str: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 2 Untyped (Arm) = 8
      • Dex: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 2 Untyped (Arm) + 5 Inherent (Tome) = 13
      • Con: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 2 Circumstance (Belt) + 5 Inherent (Tome) = 13
      • Int: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 4 Inherent (Tome) = 10
      • Wis: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 5 Inherent (Tome) = 11
      • Charisma: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 4 Competence (Bracers) = 10

From here, though, it gets a little dicier.
    Spoiler: I Am Confuse
    Show

• I'm not dead certain on how to read the armour setup, but I'm pretty sure you mean you've got Command Bracers of Armour +6 with a +3 Dastana and a +4 Chahar-aina, which doesn't work since you can only get one enhancement bonus - you'd have AC+12, not +15. The 9k you get back from the +3 is exactly enough to bump the Chahar-aina to +5 and give you AC+13, though.
    • You can't get a +7 deflection bonus to AC from combining the ring and the arm. The +5 from the ring overlaps the arm's +2.
    • I'm not clear where your +14 "Misc" bonus to AC and 13 to Initiative is coming from, nor your Magic modifier to saves.
      • For AC there's +2 Sacred from your Protection Judgement, and that's all I can find, though I did this bit right at the end so I wasn't looking too hard at this point.
      • Cunning Initiative - which doesn't have its description listed on your sheet - gives you Wis to Init, which is +8, and the Belt of Battle is +2 Competence, but that leaves 5 I can't find a source for.
      • The saves are baffling me a bit. Obviously +4 Resistance goes in magic, but then there's the +1 Competence from the Ioun Stone and the +1 Luck from the Luckstone; if either of them go in Magic then that doesn't leave room for the Resistance Judgement when you've been including all the other Judgements, but if both go in Misc then there's no room for Great Fortitude (which is also why Resistance must go in Magic). Also there's something extra on Magic Will and Misc Reflex I'm not finding?

• Speaking of Judgements, you've got it noted on your sheet that you have to switch between Judgements, so I assume it's not just a misread that has you including them all; I would have thought it'd be more work having to constantly reduce a bunch of different values than just keep a note of which bonus you're currently getting at the top of each post.
      • Healing would give you Fast Healing 5, not 4, btw, since it adds 1 plus 1 per three Inq levels, onto the base of 2. So it's not all bad :v

• I'm also not clear how you're getting thirty-five points of extra attack bonus on your gauntlets. 11 Dex + 5 Enhancement + 1 Competence + 1 Weapon Training gets you to 40, 42 when you have your Justice Judgement up. If I'm assuming you have Bless active at all times, that's an extra +1 Morale, and setting your Bane Inquisitor class feature to work on whatever you're currently fighting is worth another +2. Where's the extra 12 coming from?
    • The Rapidstrike feat requires that you be of the aberration, dragon, elemental, magical beast, or plant type. You're Humanoid (Extraplanar, Shapechanger).
    • Also, where's that +2 to every skill coming from?
      • You forgot to add the Jump bonus for speed (+4 per 10ft above 30)

I really don't want to come across as accusatory or rude or anything - I'm bad at tone in text, I've done my best here - but I've spent something like three hours trying to reconstruct this, and even if everything had come out working, that would be an unreasonable length of time to expect of anyone, let alone a GM also trying to run the entire rest of the campaign. I've had to rabbit across a bunch of different websites to find some of the things you're using, too. For paradox's sake at least you might want to clarify things - maybe add notes about how you're adding up your bonuses and where they're coming from?

EDIT:

If we're able to combine magic items, then rings of communication might solve the comms problem. You can speak and listen to anyone within one mile who also has a ring, as long as they've been attuned.

These are on MIC 122 and the cost is trivial, so that might be the easiest way to replicate the Avengers' comms.
    This is a good shout, but I've just finished reworking my items and I cannae afford her, cap'n :v
    Last edited by the_ajl; 2021-01-21 at 02:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by the_ajl View Post

Now, speaking of looking at other people's sheets for final tweak ideas...
    Leave it to someone to do the GM's job someone who is not the GM.

[*]Stat increases do check out, except for two points of the Dex - you can't combine bonuses of the same type except dodge, circumstance, and untyped, so the Fiendish Skin's +2 inherent is overlapped by the +5 tome[*]Str: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 2 Untyped (Arm) = 8 [*]Dex: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 2 Untyped (Arm) + 5 Inherent (Tome) = 13 [*]Con: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 2 Circumstance (Belt) + 5 Inherent (Tome) = 13 [*]Int: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 4 Inherent (Tome) = 10 [*]Wis: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 5 Inherent (Tome) = 11 [*]Charisma: 6 Enhancement (Belt) + 4 Competence (Bracers) = 10
    i think you may find things are not what they were

From here, though, it gets a little dicier.
    oh maybe i get to eviserate your build for things i do not understand, but here are your answers

[*]I'm not dead certain on how to read the armour setup, but I'm pretty sure you mean you've got Command Bracers of Armour +6 with a +3 Dastana and a +4 Chahar-aina, which doesn't work since you can only get one enhancement bonus - you'd have AC+12, not +15. The 9k you get back from the +3 is exactly enough to bump the Chahar-aina to +5 and give you AC+13, though.
    I am pretty sure that I have LEATHER outfit with 0 AB + Dastana + Chahar-aina which explicitly stack with Armor Bonus granted from the Bracers of Armour which are alo LEATHER

[*]You can't get a +7 deflection bonus to AC from combining the ring and the arm. The +5 from the ring overlaps the arm's +2.
    [*]I'm not clear where your +14 "Misc" bonus to AC and 13 to Initiative is coming from, nor your Magic modifier to saves.[*]For AC there's +2 Sacred from your Protection Judgement, and that's all I can find, though I did this bit right at the end so I wasn't looking too hard at this point. [*]Cunning Initiative - which doesn't have its description listed on your sheet - gives you Wis to Init, which is +8, and the Belt of Battle is +2 Competence, but that leaves 5 I can't find a source for. [*]The saves are baffling me a bit. Obviously +4 Resistance goes in magic, but then there's the +1 Competence from the Ioun Stone and the +1 Luck from the Luckstone; if either of them go in Magic then that doesn't leave room for the Resistance Judgement when you've been including all the other Judgements, but if both go in Misc then there's no room for Great Fortitude (which is also why Resistance must go in Magic). Also there's something extra on Magic Will and Misc Reflex I'm not finding?
    not my problem if you can not read stuff in the class features, and magic items.

[*]Speaking of Judgements, you've got it noted on your sheet that you have to switch between Judgements, so I assume it's not just a misread that has you including them all; I would have thought it'd be more work having to constantly reduce a bunch of different values than just keep a note of which bonus you're currently getting at the top of each post.
    [*]Healing would give you Fast Healing 5, not 4, btw, since it adds 1 plus 1 per three Inq levels, onto the base of 2. So it's not all bad :v

[*]I'm also not clear how you're getting thirty-five points of extra attack bonus on your gauntlets. 11 Dex + 5 Enhancement + 1 Competence + 1 Weapon Training gets you to 40, 42 when you have your Justice Judgement up. If I'm assuming you have Bless active at all times, that's an extra +1 Morale, and setting your Bane Inquisitor class feature to work on whatever you're currently fighting is worth another +2. Where's the extra 12 coming from? [*]The Rapidstrike feat requires that you be of the aberration, dragon, elemental, magical beast, or plant type. You're Humanoid (Extraplanar, Shapechanger). [*]Also, where's that +2 to every skill coming from?
    [*]You forgot to add the Jump bonus for speed (+4 per 10ft above 30)
    RE: Judgements fairly certain NONE have been applied, Fast Healing 4 *includes FH+2 from gm* <- NOTED on sheet as such
    RE: Rapidstrike so it is, this has been replaced
    RE: Gauntlets & +2 to every skill -> not my problem if you can not read stuff in the class features, and magic items.

I really don't want to come across as accusatory or rude or anything - I'm bad at tone in text, I've done my best here
    The post overall comes across as Flaming or Inciting Flaming which are against forum rules, I suggest you leave the reading of sheets to the GM
    Last edited by samduke; 2021-01-21 at 01:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

The post overall comes across as Flaming or Inciting Flaming which are against forum rules, I suggest you leave the reading of sheets to the GM
    I was trying to point out that some parts, to me, seemed unclear, and that it might improve your chances of getting into the game if those parts were cleared up, but if you'd rather I didn't offer any further comments I'll refrain.

EDIT:

oh maybe i get to eviserate your build for things i do not understand, but here are your answers
    Please do! I've tried to make it obvious where everything's coming from, but a second pair of eyes is always helpful.
    Last edited by the_ajl; 2021-01-21 at 01:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

Does it count as a double post if it's been five and a half hours? Other forums I'm on it would be no, but I'm not sure about the etiquette around here, especially in threads like this with inherently limited participation.

Anyway, I've made a bunch of little updates to Bruce, most prominently picking up a couple of extra Mythos bits and fixing the wonky skills. Ditched the Wand of Cure pretending to be a nanite injector and used that money for it, plus the Ring of Communication pretending to be an Avengers earpiece.

Also, this:

Writing Sample

4:38 in blue-white letters. Hope still sleeping, quietly unaware. The distant rush of water in the pipes, the leaky flap in the toilet he kept meaning to fix. All the comforting, familiar sounds of the house.

“Yeah,” he breathed, and cautiously sat up, found his slippers, and carefully minced downstairs to call the biggest brain on the planet.
    Even after reconciling his halves together, the rush hadn't gone away. It was less visible, of course, now that he was Hulk and Bruce together - he didn't twist and swell and tear out of his clothes in a surge of sudden green. No longer a fugitive, no longer fighting himself, he was happier than he could remember being in years; he'd been accused of it being a mask in the early days, a time or two, putting on a jovial front to hide the monster. It wasn't true, but it also wasn't as wrong as he'd like.

When he got his blood up, went for a real run outside the city, lifted scrapped train cars for weights? The adrenaline surge was nothing human. He had the balance now to ride it out, centred in himself, but it was a jolt of pure Hulk: something primal looking to loose itself on the world.

Even three years on, he was discovering things about his new body that amazed him. The damage from wielding the Infinity Gauntlet had vanished in a matter of days; even at Tony's funeral he'd only been wearing the sling as a precaution - his arm had already filled back out and steady prickles were going through the surface scarring as it healed.

The ease of it, when he moved, still caught him off guard. His body knew what to do better than he could direct it, sometimes. Running, leaping, clearing forty meters or more at a bound, shattering stone beneath his feet - it felt like flying.

It took his mind off holding the universe between finger and thumb, poised to snap.

He'd come to terms with who and what he was, but he still had days where he thought what if. All of those days had come rushing back to him in that moment, the thought that he could be normal again, go outside without being swarmed by fans and admirers, or stared at, or jeered at - hunted, hunted, hunted. In his nightmares it blurred together, city streets flowing into jungle rushing past as he fled, a smiling child twisting and warping into a blank-masked trooper jabbing him with a sedative; he'd wake up in a cell, only to wake up again, sweating and gasping, in the wreckage of yet another bed.

At his lowest, he'd thought about Betty. Time and care had smoothed those wounds over, but even for the Hulk some things couldn't help but scar. Sometimes, when his dreams followed darker paths, Thanos too came back to him - not wielding the Gauntlet, to do it right this time, as in the nightmares that were truly his own, but an echo of the beating the Hulk had been given at the start of it all. Sakaar would feature on the good nights, every so often. Things his conscious mind never remembered, bubbling up from the depths.

In the timeless instant where he'd been God, he'd warred within himself, his mind and heart against the parts of himself a person never shows to the world, the bitter, selfish impulses. That he'd succeeded had been perhaps his greatest triumph, even over unifying himself, yet he truly couldn't say whether he'd have gone through with it if returning to that divided state had been the price.

Sometimes you have to face the reality of something to know the truth within your own mind.

Dwelling on it would do him no good, he knew, but his mind kept returning to it in the quiet moments like a dog with a bone, a child wiggling a loose tooth.

It was why he was up at twenty to five in the morning when the call came. He didn't need much sleep; four to six AM was his nominal routine. Really, though, he caught a nap whenever he could between working on this and that - writing papers, fiddling with the nonsense physics of the Stones, keeping up with his ongoing PR campaign. Avengers business, half-hollow as it was without Tony. Saving people, having them run towards him instead of away, still hadn't got old, and probably never would, but...

He missed being the second-smartest man in the world. There was something priceless about having someone in the room who could glance at what he was doing, make a noise of understanding, and point out three different places to do it faster and better.

Shuri had the brains to keep up, but she was a busy woman even without accounting for the five years she'd missed, and whenever he got into the flow of things and stopped thinking about anything but science, he'd forget she wasn't Tony. The sudden reminder when she spoke, when she moved into view, rocked him every time. He knew she understood - she never requested a collaboration that wasn't genuinely important, even though they both had plenty of projects that would benefit from the other's perspective, and he could have been helping her get up to speed.

What he missed most of all was having someone to talk the problem out with when some new nonsense physics reared its head. He missed the noise; silence was far lonelier than merely being alone. He still loved what he did, but doing science just wasn't the same without a constant stream of chatter in the background to nod along to, without being playfully outfenced every time he tried to fire back yet unable to really take offence because of how excited Tony was that he'd come out of his shell to take a shot. Those measly few years had been the best of his career, in as many ways or more as the last three years had.

Still, people were counting on him, and Tony and Natasha would be watching. He could hardly give it less than his best.
    Last edited by the_ajl; 2021-01-21 at 08:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

Excellent segue, very nicely done.

Also, as far as upgrading the ghost shroud--can you point me towards the rules text that gave you the 18K value? I've never done much crafting beyond scribing scrolls, so I'm just not familiar with the exact rules. I'd especially appreciate it if you could give me a page reference from the DMG, since that's easier for me to work with.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

Excellent segue, very nicely done.

Also, as far as upgrading the ghost shroud--can you point me towards the rules text that gave you the 18K value? I've never done much crafting beyond scribing scrolls, so I'm just not familiar with the exact rules. I'd especially appreciate it if you could give me a page reference from the DMG, since that's easier for me to work with.
    Thanks! I write for a hobby so it's nice to know it's working out for me :v

Upgrade-wise, you just pay the difference. +5 is 50k, +4 is 32k, so the upgrade is 18k. DMG 288, exact text:

"A creator can add new magical abilities to a magic item with no restrictions. The cost to do this is the same as if the item was not magical. Thus, a +1 longsword can be made into a +2 vorpal long-sword, with the cost to create it being equal to that of a +2 vorpal sword minus the cost of a +1 sword."

Also apparently adding multiple abilities always costs a 50% increase (edit: on items with a body slot) and that's not just for abilities that wouldn't normally go on that kind of equipment! Now I have to rework my items again >:(
    Last edited by the_ajl; 2021-01-21 at 08:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Most characters will be using tech equivalents of magical items, but characters such as Scarlet Witch will be using actual magical items.

@the_ajl
    You can be permanently large as Professor Hulk.
    You can fall out of rage whenever the rules allow for it. Which by your level should be pretty much at will.
    You can fill the item slots and have the items count as inherent abilities.
    The save DC is as listed. Sorry. But your item slot will only affect lower level enemies.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

Most characters will be using tech equivalents of magical items, but characters such as Scarlet Witch will be using actual magical items.

@the_ajl
    You can be permanently large as Professor Hulk.
    You can fall out of rage whenever the rules allow for it. Which by your level should be pretty much at will.
    You can fill the item slots and have the items count as inherent abilities.
    The save DC is as listed. Sorry. But your item slot will only affect lower level enemies.
    All of that is fine, I had to lose the handwraps anyway to account for the 50% combined item charge rules I'd misremembered.

The way Teramach works I'll never be more than ten rounds at most from the end of a Rage (I can't see a situation where I'd proc the hour-long one!) and the wording of the Rage rules doesn't actually require you to attack, only sets certain priorities if you do - though you can't back away - so mostly I was just after the flavour of being able to drop it early, but I guess having to ride the hyper-adrenaline rush is as flavourful as the other thing. I can make that work easily.

I've adjusted the character sheet to account for perma-Large, cheers.

15. - Top - End - #165

Okay, I finally have Scott Lang's feats completely worked out. I just need to spend another 300K gold, which is not a build challenge I usually face.

Also, a question about Scott's druid spellcasting. What sources are allowed for druid spells, and are all spells allowed from those sources? I'm just wondering if all of the spells will be refluffed as tech effects on a per-use basis, or if Scott's deep connection with ants will allow him to manifest some actual nature-magic effects in Faerūn.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Withdrawing.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Unavenger's Upick

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, I finally have Scott Lang's feats completely worked out. I just need to spend another 300K gold, which is not a build challenge I usually face.

Also, a question about Scott's druid spellcasting. What sources are allowed for druid spells, and are all spells allowed from those sources? I'm just wondering if all of the spells will be refluffed as tech effects on a per-use basis, or if Scott's deep connection with ants will allow him to manifest some actual nature-magic effects in Faerūn.
    Any official source is allowed for spells, but try not to go with anything that can be used for purposes of cheese. You can refluff it into tech effects, for sure. Or, when you come across to Faerun, you can have actual nature magic.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

Dropping a quick note here; I'm busy today so I can't do the mechanical rework but I ran a test fight last night and Bruce has come out a tad stronger than I expected. I took Leap Attack/Shock Trooper mostly because they're thematic for the Hulk, and I've never really considered them cheese because Fighter optimisation hardly counts when you're playing D&D with its wizards and clerics running around, but I forgot to account for the fact that Bruce very much isn't a fighter. I'm going to swap out a couple of his feats when I have the time, probably tomorrow; I expect I'll go for the combined Mythos ones - there's some really good thematic Mythos in the Anakitos that actually lets me get some of the stuff I'm using gear for as proper innate abilities.

19. - Top - End - #169

Originally Posted by paradox26
    You can refluff it into tech effects, for sure. Or, when you come across to Faerun, you can have actual nature magic.
    Okay, thanks. I’m thinking of tech effects for the class features involving his size changes and some of his gear, and then actual nature magic for his druid spellcasting.

As for players and builds, it looks like these are currently in the running:

Heavenblade - Spiderman
    LairdMaon - Hawkeye
    Lioslaith - Thor
    Palanan - Ant-Man
    Phantom Genius - Scarlet Witch
    samduke - Black Widow
    the_ajl - Hulk
    Wabbit - Dr. Strange?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am about ready to choose. @the_ajl, how is your character coming along? And how stand those others without linked characters so far?
    Last edited by paradox26; 2021-01-28 at 04:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

Apologies, life has been kicking me about recently. Will get the rework done tomorrow.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

Made the changes. Must admit I'm not entirely convinced this has been the power reduction I initially intended, the bits of Solar Mythos I was thinking of had other bits attached I wasn't remembering, but c'est la vie. If it turns out a bit too strong in play I can make some adjustments I guess? I've gone back and forward over this build enough to be done with it for now, I'll let it stand or fall as is.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Is this game still open for one more player? Would love to hop in with a build.
    Last edited by LemursGalore; 2021-01-31 at 05:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

If so here are my rolls:

(1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[11]
    (1d10+8)[15]

(1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[17]

25. - Top - End - #175

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by LemursGalore View Post
    Is this game still open for one more player? Would love to hop in with a build.
    fairly certain recruiting was closed.

I am about ready to choose. @the_ajl, how is your character coming along? And how stand those others without linked characters so far?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sorry, recruiting is closed. I will be picking players tomorrow. So that gives a little time still for players to submit their characters, if they had already expressed interest before I had closed the game off. If you don't have them submitted by then, you miss out.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, I have looked through the sheets, and there are two very distinct power levels. As such, I have decided to go with the majority, which is the lower power level. Therefore, the following should report to the discord thread: Heavenblade, Lairdmaon, Lioslaith, and Palanan. Apologies to those who missed out, but I couldn't effectively DM for two such disparate power levels.

Discord: https://discord.gg/BvBfM8mW

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

I wasn't even trying to optimise :v. I guess Mythos classes are more powerful than I thought? I was aware they balanced fairly high but they didn't look that strong to me.

I would point out that the Avengers are canonically not a particularly power-balanced team and that it's perfectly possible for all of them to contribute nonetheless - part of the roleplaying side of going Professor Hulk was the idea that he's not actually super big on fighting and would be trying to avoid flying into Rage at the drop of a hat, which looking back I don't think I ever explicitly communicated - but I'm not particularly fussed since I've plenty of other things I can do with the time, and I understand it can be a lot harder to strike that balance within a game system than on the pages of a comic.

Hope you all have fun!