New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Disco Elysium Final Cut - Giant Free DLC

So yeah. They are proving they are serious about this.

Disco Elysium is getting a free DLC with new areas, new characters, new story lines and...

FULL VOICE ACTING FOR EVERY LINE IN THE GAME.

Man this is huge.

Trailer
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Disco Elysium Final Cut - Giant Free DLC

Incredible. I was planning to play it again, but I'll put it off until March in this case. I'm very excited to see what they add. Disco Elysium is short but packed with great content, so more of this content is very promising indeed.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm usually against full voice acting in an RPG, I consider it a waste of resources. Reading used to be enough, dammit! But more content of Disco Elysium's quality? Yes please.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Despite the quality of the title, I don't think I can hype myself up to run through it again while knowing the plot and 80% (generously) of the content from start to end. Sigh. They could have just funneled that effort and resources into the start of a new game.

But I guess everyone else enjoys this, so, cool.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Well, gyess it might be time to invest in some storage that can hold more than vanilla Disco Elysium (and a PC that can run it above 12 FPS).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Incredible. I was planning to play it again, but I'll put it off until March in this case. I'm very excited to see what they add. Disco Elysium is short but packed with great content, so more of this content is very promising indeed.
    I was just gearing up to get around to a first runthrough in a few days after postponing it all year. I guess a few months more isn't much....

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Every time I see your signature, Eldan, I feel a bit of nostalgia for that game. It's a shame you can only play it for the first time once...

I'm not sure if I'll replay it but at least I have a reason to bug my friends who haven't played it yet again.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
    I was just gearing up to get around to a first runthrough in a few days after postponing it all year. I guess a few months more isn't much....
    On the one hand, Disco Elysium has a lot of replay value and every playthrough can be different. On the other, it'll never be the same as the first time, so it might make sense to save the new content for a fresh start.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

DANGIT.

Clearly should have waited longer for my first playthrough, but I had no idea this was coming (nor, I suppose, did anyone else).

Well, I will replay these games once in a blue moon, so it DOES give me something to consider for the future, and FRACK knows I don't have enough to look forwards to...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

I think a replay of the game is worth it just for new content that you missed the first time, already. For example, on my first playthrough, I figured out the kids on the ice were just going to make drugs, so I thought "WEll, good luck with that" and walked off and didn't bother with the whole church storyline. Which is amazingly good, especially if you make that legendary shivers check at the end.

And now there will actually be new content. There's already been screenshots of new areas. (We get to see the Ferris Wheel Kitsuragi really wanted to see.)
    Resident Vancian Apologist

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I think a replay of the game is worth it just for new content that you missed the first time, already. For example, on my first playthrough, I figured out the kids on the ice were just going to make drugs, so I thought "WEll, good luck with that" and walked off and didn't bother with the whole church storyline. Which is amazingly good, especially if you make that legendary shivers check at the end.
    It's pretty typical for Disco Elysium that something as inane as starting a nightclub in an abandoned church turns out to

Spoiler
    Show
    hold the key to the nature of the Pale. With the nightclub being possibly a chance to stop it spread. And then you dance hard enough to commune with the genius loci of Revachol.
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-12-12 at 04:04 PM.