New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Coffee Flavors You Love & Hate

I love Blueberry Coffee but I hate Dark Coffee. Which coffee flavors do you love & hate?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Coffee Flavors You Love & Hate

Only acceptable coffee is coffee flavoured coffee.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

lol I don't drink coffee regularly. I like the frappuccino stuff they have at starbucks, but I get that once every other year. That's about it. In that case maybe vanilla?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

My preferred flavor of coffee is "With a cookie next to it."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Hazelnut and mocha. My preferred 'coffee' is basically a hot chocolate made with a portion of coffee replacing some of the usual milk.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I love Blueberry Coffee but I hate Dark Coffee. Which coffee flavors do you love & hate?
    I like milk flavored coffee
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ajustusdaniel View Post
    My preferred flavor of coffee is "With a cookie next to it."
    To me, this is the truest answer.

In general, I want other things to taste like coffee, not coffee to taste like other things.

Now, this is not a blanket statement. There are a great many things that should not taste like coffee.

Spoiler: a sidenote re: things that should not be
    Show
    This reminds me — does anyone sometimes have the urge to concoct culinary abominations, just to see what will happen? I’ve long held a fiendish curiosity regarding coffee rice. Like, as a dessert rice pudding thing, that could be good. But what if I straight up just put one cup rice and two cups coffee in my rice cooker? What eldritch horror might I behold, besides a ruined piece of perfectly good kitchen equipment?
    Last edited by Civis Mundi; 2020-12-11 at 01:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I like milk flavored coffee
    Do you mean cream? I love it as well.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Civis Mundi View Post
    Spoiler: a sidenote re: things that should not be
    Show
    This reminds me — does anyone sometimes have the urge to concoct culinary abominations, just to see what will happen?
    I once added some lemonade-flavored drink-mix (liquid, not powdered, though I suspect either one would work) to prepared mustard. It turned out better than the mustard would have alone, at least for my corn-dog.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pumpkin Spice!!! Don't understand why it's only available a certain time of year!!!!
    Currently Playing: Aire Romaris Chaotic Good Male Half Celestial Gray Elf Duskblade 13 / Swiftblade 7 /// Elven Generallist Wizard 20

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lylsyly View Post
    Pumpkin Spice!!! Don't understand why it's only available at a certain time of year!!!!
    Maybe it's a seasonal thing.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lylsyly View Post
    Pumpkin Spice!!! Don't understand why it's only available a certain time of year!!!!
    'Pumpkin Spice' is readily available all year - the spices that make up the standard pumpkin spice mix are easy to find, and the actual premixed blend is also available. You can just add some to your coffee along with your sugar. The seasonal thing is just coffee blends/other items that have it already mixed in, and that is indeed so they can market it as 'limited time items.'

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    'Pumpkin Spice' is readily available all year - the spices that make up the standard pumpkin spice mix are easy to find, and the actual premixed blend is also available. You can just add some to your coffee along with your sugar. The seasonal thing is just coffee blends/other items that have it already mixed in, and that is indeed so they can market it as 'limited time items.'
    Adding it directly to your coffee is a bad idea; leaves it gritty. You add it to the coffee grounds and mix it in before brewing. I like to put some in with some cardamom when I need something nice and stress relief-y.

The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte also incorporates pumpkin puree into the drink itself, so keep that in mind if you're trying to recreate it at home.

As for the original topic, I don't really like flavored coffees, but I like flavored things IN coffee. Hazelnut cream (NOT creamer) is a special favorite of mine, though hard to find where I live. Mocha, of course, is a classic. I made a very nice Thai(?) coffee recipe once that incorporated orange rind and condensed milk, it was quite good.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-12-11 at 06:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Maybe it's a seasonal thing.
    I just use a lot of almond milk, low calorie and high calcium.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I just use a lot of almond milk, low calorie, and high calcium.
    Cool. I love almond milk but I don't use it in my coffee, I used French Vanilla creamers on my coffee.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Medium roasts. I bought into the propaganda for a while that "dark roast" = "better", but I eventually realized I, personally, like medium roasts better for coffee.

I still like espresso drinks, which are dark roasts, but for drip coffees, medium is better for me.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post
    Medium roasts. I bought into the propaganda for a while that "dark roast" = "better", but I eventually realized I, personally, like medium roasts better for coffee.

I still like espresso drinks, which are dark roasts, but for drip coffees, medium is better for me.
    Is that a common thing bandied about? I thought most people knew by now that the darker the roast, the weaker the coffee?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Is that a common thing bandied about? I thought most people knew by now that the darker the roast, the weaker the coffee?
    Where did you hear that from?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I don't remember where I initially heard it, but it's info you can look up. If you're measuring by the scoop (as most people do, I would assume), light roast coffee has more caffeine per scoop, because they roast less; this means you get more coffee bean per scoop since less of the bean burns off during the roasting process.

20. - Top - End - #20

BlackDragon

Hazelnut and mocha. My preferred 'coffee' is basically a hot chocolate made with a portion of coffee replacing some of the usual milk.
    Oooh, yeeeesss. I love Hazelnut anything so when I see Hazelnut at Starbucks, I get it.

Also, I'm a weirdo because I don't like Pumpkin Spice. But I can also drink it black and enjoy it while my friends think I'm some sort of psychopath.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Asisreo1 View Post
    Oooh, yeeeesss. I love Hazelnut anything so when I see Hazelnut at Starbucks, I get it.

Also, I'm a weirdo because I don't like Pumpkin Spice. But I can also drink it black and enjoy it while my friends think I'm some sort of psychopath.
    Why would they think of that?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Only acceptable coffee is coffee flavoured coffee.
    Yes, I agree. I'm all about black coffee.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Why would they think of that?
    There are supposedly studies that indicate that enjoying bitter flavors is correlated with increased rates of asocial or anti-social personality traits. The internet being what it is this has filtered into the public consciousness as "If you like your coffee black you're a potential serial killer."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

There are supposedly studies that indicate that enjoying bitter flavors is correlated with increased rates of asocial or anti-social personality traits. The internet being what it is this has filtered into the public consciousness as "If you like your coffee black you're a potential serial killer."
    Granted, I'm not a part of the coffee-drinkers club, but it comes off to me as a pure joke based more on most people not liking black coffee than any alleged studies with supposed correlations. Like me saying "I'm driving my wife's car today so instead of push-button start, I have to turn the key in the ignition, like a barbarian."
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Generally speaking I hate coffee - not helped by my mother who thought I loved it because I used to drink it on the beach when we were on the Isle of Wight, completely ignoring the fact that there was literally nothing else to drink, and when I had any sort of choice I went for tea.

(It's not the only thing my mother managed to instill me with a hatred for - Curry and pizza went the same way, although I did start to like pizza after I discovered that other people produced something other than a crispy, green, olive-infested abomination. Curry is still on the naughty list though...

In extremis, I will drink it black when it is imperitive that I stay awake (and don't mind not being able to sleep that night as a side effect). This doesn't happen often.

...Although, that said, I am rather fond of liqueur coffees with Tia Maria or Cointreau with a meal.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2020-12-17 at 05:29 AM. Reason: perole -> perole
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Black coffee. I'd like to use soy milk because it's delicious but it has such a huge markup that I don't bother most of the time.

Whiskey and baileys are nice options if I'm on vacation
    Black text is for sarcasm, also sincerity. You'll just have to read between the lines and infer from context like an animal

27. - Top - End - #27

MindFlayer

I don't drink much coffee, but I prefer it with a little milk, or cream, or ideally half-and-half. In practice I don't keep anything creamier than reduced-fat milk around, so I use that. No sugar.

When the office coffee-shop has hazelnut flavored coffee available, I'll get that. It's not a particularly strong flavor. I can't even imagine what blueberry flavored coffee would be like.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

I have heard this as well. As I was pouring myself a cup of coffee without any intention of adding anything to it. I guess it's a relief to know that it's more internet meme than actual fact.