Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 296
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Sarith Kzerkarit
    Drow Fighter/Rogue
    AC: 16 HP: 19/23
    PP: 14 PIv: 11 PIs: 10 Sanity: 8
    Conditions: Exhaustion (1)
    Concentrating: --


    Eighth Day, Escape

    Sarith is quietly impressed by the ability of Derendil and Buppido to not immediately get mobbed and killed by the quaggoths below, if only because it leaves him free to continue his assault from above unhindered. He pads forward, darts to the side of the hatch and fires down, before disappearing again in the hopes of staying hidden. He'd lost track of Faedryl, but it was safe to assume that she was probably being smug about something. Maybe it was good that he didn't have to see it.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move: Scoot round, shoot the quaggoth which is on the far left (below Buppido), then retreat.
    Action: Attack. (1d20+8)[24] Advantage from hiding: (1d20+8)[9] Damage: (1d6+4)[9]+ (1d6)[5] sneak attack

    Bonus Action: Cunning Action: Hide. (1d20+6)[18] Disadvantage due to exhaustion: (1d20+6)[16]


    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Derendil
    Quaggoth Barbarian/Abjurer
    AC: 17 HP: 13/26
    PP: 10 PIv: 12 PIs: 10
    Conditions: Mage Armor (8 hrs), Arcane Ward (8hp/8hp)
    Concentrating on:

    Derendil raises his shield just in time to deflect a claw thrown at his face. His first instinct is to snarl, throw aside his shield, and try to savage the opposing quaggoth, but his mind holds firm. He does lash out with a claw, but he keeps his shield up as he was trained by his tutors so long ago.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Claw attack- (1d20+5)[16] and (1d6+3)[8] damage. Reaction to cast shield if someone would hit him. No movement.
    The Bear is Back.

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Stool
    Myconid Druid
    AC: 13 (bucket armor) HP: 28/28
    PP: 15 PIv: 9 PIs: 13 San: 12
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: Entangle

    Stool commands oddly elegantly flying black clouds of spores in the air. They swarm at the drow archers, invading their orifices in an attempt to infect them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Entangle persists. Chill Touch with Advantage: (2d20)[1][13](14) and take (1d8)[3]


    Nilvae
    Half-Elf Warlock
    AC: 15 HP: 13/23
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 12 San: 7 (-1)
    Conditions: Mask of Many Faces (Kronryn, 1h), Beast Speech (1h)
    Concentration: -

    Maybe you are right that Kronryn would not be so presumptuous. But he may also not be so bold as to fight a spider sucker and her dumb pet. Nilvae leaves the room hurriedly, trying to close the door behind her. Hehe, wrong door. she laughs at the drow elites.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Disengage, open door and move out. If possible close the door, but I think that's not in the budget.

    Last edited by Spore; 2021-04-17 at 07:37 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    A cloud of spires sails around the heads of the gnomes, moving in a spiral pattern to swarm around the drow like biting flies. He whips his long, luxurious white hair around, the resultant wind blowing them away as if in a painted advertisement for hair care products. Grabbing onto the fungal growths encasing them, the drow start to peel and tear themselves free. One of them is having a hard time getting a good grip, however, and struggles in vain.


    Inside the guard post, a bolt from above catches Buppido's foe off guard, thudding into his neck. It's unclear if it hit any arteries, the bolt stopping any catastrophic bleeding on its own. That is until Derendil's claw swipe catches on the bolt and yanks it out, sending a fountain of blood spraying through the room. The creature drops like a sack of bricks.

    Cells

    ...

    The Shrine

    Slipping out of the shrine, Nilvae-as-Kronryn closes the door behind her in the junior priestess' face, moving too quickly for she or the spider to attack again. Outside he finds Borthan locked in an intense duel with the elite drow warrior.

    The rather unamused priestess swings the door open, kicking it with her foot and glaring at the false drow. She raises her holy symbol, "I beseech you, baleful light of the Abyss, mark this interloper for death!" Eerie purple light glows from the symbol and a bolt of energy rams into Nilvae's chest, leaving her feeling ill. Trails of light continue to wrap around her, and she sees highlighted marks upon her most vulnerable spots, glowing even through her illusion.

    The Commons

    ...

    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Stool casts Chill Touch on Drow Warrior, but misses.
    Nilvae exits the shrine and closes the door behind her. I'll let her just use 5 feet of movement to close the door after opening it with use item.
    Sarith shoots Quaggoth for a 14 damage sneak attack, nearly taking it down.
    Derendil slashes at I assume the badly damaged Quaggoth, dealing 8 damage and a KO.

    Drow Warriors attempt to break free of Entanglement. Two of them break free, but the third is held fast.
    Asha opens the door and casts Guiding Bolt on Nilvae for 8 damage, marking her.

    Eldeth and Dworic are up!


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Mr. Spide - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    Leaning around the corner, Eldeth squeezes off a shot. When it goes wide she swiftly loads another bolt in its place and clips the quaggoth Topsy is holding on the bridge. Desperate to clear the way, Turvy repeats his previous chant, sending a trio of glowing spheres slamming into the quaggoth. The creature nearly falls to one knee, but in its last moments a feral vengeance lights up in its eyes.

    Cells

    Winding up with the chair to slam it into Duskryn, Dworic accidentally smacks it into the wall instead, knocking himself off balance and ruining the swing. Ront tightens his grip around the drow's throat, squeezing the breath from him as he struggles.

    Laying a guiding hand upon Dworic's arm, Shuushar blesses him.

    The Shrine

    With Asha holding the door open, her pet spider scuttles out to sink fangs into Nilvae. The bite tears away some flesh, leaving her leg bloodied and searing with pain, but allowing very little of the poison inside. At the sight of most definitely not drow flesh in her spider's jaws. Asha smirks. "Not a rival agent then. I'm afraid that makes your life worth... significantly less, 'Kronryn'."

    The Commons

    Mr. Spide is set upon by the lolth-touched spider, who digs her fangs into him and injects venom. Mr. Spide twitches and then falls, before suddenly shifting into the form of a donkey as if out of nowhere, throwing the spider off. Dr. Donk's panicked rearing and braying can be heard from Nilvae's position down the hall.

    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Eldeth shoots with her hand crossbow, but misses.
    Eldeth shoots with her bonus action Crossbow Expert attack, hitting Quaggoth for 7 damage.
    Dworic reckless attacks Duskryn, but misses.
    Ront advances the grapple to Restrain Duskryn.

    Giant Spider bites Mr. Spide for 6 damage, and he fails to resist another 12 poison damage that KO's him. Dr. Donk emerges from the donk zone.
    Giant Spider bites Nilvae for 11 damage, and 1 poison damage after making her save.
    Giant Spider emerges below the bridge.

    Turvy casts Magic Missile, dealing 15 damage to the bridge Quaggoth.
    Shuushar casts Virtue, granting Dworic 4 temp hp.

    Faedryl is up!


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Faedryl Melad
    Drow Hexblade/Evoker
    AC: 17 HP: 13/22
    PP: 12 PIv: 14 PIs: 12 Sanity: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: Create Bonfire

    Eighth Day, Escape

    With Duskryn 'tied up' by the orc - who was rapidly gaining favour with Faedryl for his adequate grappling skills - she turns to the encroaching foes, still in the tower, and with more yet on the way. Her fingers trace three elvish runes in the air in front of her, her finger trailing with gleaming orange light to momentarily construct each run in sequence before its completion. Fuel. Ignite. Persist. She joins the disparate words together with a binding circle, one made up of her own name, and with an ashen-voiced command word flames spring up beneath the feet of one of the quaggoth inside the tower. She couldn't risk setting the bridges alight, or their only route would be down, and that was no route she wished to take. With the flames now burning she gathers her strength and lashes out, aiming to shove another one of the hulking underdark 'workers' into the flames alongside its comrade.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show


    Move: None, she's sitting pretty.
    Action: Cast Create Bonfire on the quaggoth directly south of Derendil. Must make a dex save (1d20)[20]+modifier vs DC14 or take (1d8)[7] fire damage.
    Bonus Action: Telekinetic shove on the quaggoth southeast of Derendil. Must make a strength save vs (1d20)[2]+modifier . DC14 or be shoved back five feet, right into his friend, but more importantly the bonfire. If the shove is successful, must make a dex save (1d20)[18]+modifier vs DC14 or take (1d8)[5] fire damage. Don't think it'd do extra bludgeoning damage to shove them into each other though.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    Summoned flames dance up from among the stones beneath the quaggoth facing Derendil, causing the creature to start hopping and dancing from foot to foot, avoiding the flares of fire. The other one still standing finds itself shoved into his dancing ally, who shoves him away into the wall out of annoyance. The annoyance turns to a brief flash of panic as the hyphae summoned by Stool start to catch fire around them, burning their fur.

    While his back is turned, Buppido lunges forward onto the back of the quaggoth struggling in the flames. He digs his shiv into its chest from behind and rakes a long, bloody wound upwards while kicking off back onto the table.


    On the bridge, Topsy lands a finishing blow in the quaggoth's chest, the last of its defiant strength fading as it slumps to the ground. She sets a boot against its neck and presses down, while reducing her profile to allow others to pass her. "Alright! Let's push!"

    Cells

    "You stupid oaf! Get off of me!" Duskryn shouts impotently as he struggles in vain against the orc's iron grip. Ront's mouth curls into a smug grin.

    With no response from Faedryl about his wager, Jimjar shrugs it off and leans in to crack off another bolt at Duskryn. This time Ront turns the elf towards Jimjar, giving the gnome a clear shot to plant a poisoned bolt in his side. In spite of the poison, Duskryn continues struggling, apparently having a resistance. All the same, Jimjar quietly fistpumps at making the shot - perhaps he'd made a bet with himself instead.

    The Shrine

    The sounds from behind distract Borthan's opponent momentarily as he tilts his head to catch the priestess fighting 'Kronryn' in his peripheral vision. The opening allows Borthan to catch his balance. When the drow comes for him again, the ranger is ready, fending off both blades fluidly one after the other.

    The Commons

    Spinning around in a panic, the donkey in the commons kicks back at the spider, but his hooves sail too high to make contact with the arachnid.

    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Faedryl casts Create Bonfire, then shoves one quaggoth into the other. It will do some small bludgeoning damage, halved between them, even though they made their saves against the fire. The 1 damage will be rounded off onto the shovee, while the other is fine.
    The bonfire ignites the Entangle terrain, dealing 5 fire damage to each quaggoth and 1 failed death save to the downed one as it burns off. (Brown rectangle is burned area, which will expand but not double back on itself)

    Duskryn tries and fails to break free of the grapple.

    Buppido stabs bonfire Quaggoth for a 16 damage sneak attack, and an unarmed strike for 1 damage.

    Drow Elite attacks Borthan twice with his shortsword and dagger, but both miss.

    Jimjar sneak attacks Duskryn for 14 damage, but Duskryn passes his Con save.
    Topsy stabs Quaggoth for 5 damage, scoring a KO, and uses her bonus action to stomp it for 2 failed death saves.
    Dr. Donk makes two hoof attacks at Giant Spider, which miss.

    Borthan is up!


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Borthan Zuek
    Half-Drow Ranger
    AC: 16 HP: 15/29
    PP: 14 PIv: 9 PIs: 14
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:

    After deflecting both of the drow officer's blows, Borthan continued to test his defenses. If Borthan knew the definition of the word "ironic" he would consider it so that he had been locked in a hole in the rock for more than a week now and it was HIS endurance that was lasting longer in this fight. Then again, his wounds were mostly flesh wounds, while the first two blows he had landed on the officer would have been enough to end most. He darted forward with his right hand, attempting to skewer a lightly armored limb and possibly disarm his opponent. Reversing his grip on his blade in one swift motion, the second blow came from the left and was all muscle, trying to bury deep in the male's side in a killing blow.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If I manage to kill the officer with one attack, I will shift my Hunter's Prey, move, and my second attack will be against the giant spider menacing Nilvae. If he survives both blows, I unforunately will not be able to come to Nilvae's aid this turn. If the officer dies, either way I will be moving up to support Nilvae. Attack 1-(1d20+5)[16] to hit and (1d6+5)[10] damage, plus (1d6)[5] from Hunter's Mark. Second attack- (1d20+5)[18] to hit and (1d6+5)[10] damage (-2 if it against a spider), plus (1d6)[2] for Hunter's Mark. Just in case I crit here's the extra damage- (2d6)[8] . If the officer survives both attacks, Borthan will circle around him to try to make sure a giant spider or drow warrior doesn't stab Bort in the butt.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-04-22 at 05:54 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    Expertly would be a strong word. But with the honed reflexes of a predator, the quaggoth stuck inside Faedryl's spell springs to and fro out of the way of the gushing flames, delivering a vengeful slash to Buppido that knocks the corrupted dwarf off balance. A second claw lashes out at Derendil, but deflects off of his shield.

    The other quaggoth pats out smouldering spots on his hide, and lunges at Derendil. With his other arm, the prince conjures a second shield, this one of force, to deflect a claw. The second claw however reaches past his guard, plunging towards his chest as if to dig into his very heart - only to stop inches away from his flesh. A rippling field of energy flares and deflects the claw, flickering and shimmering as much of its power is expended in the effort.

    Cells

    ...

    The Shrine

    Finding an opening after he parries one of the drow's blades, Borthan rams his sword through his opponent's arm. The drow does not cry out, or scream, or snarl. His body finally cannot withstand any more, and collapses in shock, sliding off of Borthan's blade.

    Seeing Nilvae in trouble, he leaps over the body and thrusts his weapon into the spider gnawing at a piece of her leg.

    The Commons

    ...

    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Borthan strikes Drow Elite for 15 damage and a KO, then moves Hunter's Mark and hits the Giant Spider for 10 damage.

    Quaggoth claws at Buppido for 9 damage, and misses Derendil. He saves against the Bonfire.
    Quaggoth claws at Derendil twice, one deflected by a Shield spell and the other hitting for 7 damage, absorbed by the Arcane Ward.

    Nilvae, Derendil, Sarith, and Stool are up!


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Sarith Kzerkarit
    Drow Fighter/Rogue
    AC: 16 HP: 19/23
    PP: 14 PIv: 11 PIs: 10 Sanity: 8
    Conditions: Exhaustion (1)
    Concentrating: --


    Eighth Day, Escape

    Where exactly the fire had come from Sarith doesn't know. Faedryl, perhaps, or one of the other prisoners. Regardless of who or what has caused it, it seems to be posing no threat to Sarith currently or iminently, so he'll simply take advantage of it while it's there and worry about it later. He darts out looses yet another bolt from his crossbow, before disappearing again. Whatever else happened, everyone else would be extremely softened up by the time this was all over - except for him, of course.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move: Scoot round, shoot the quaggoth in the middle, then retreat.
    Action: Attack: (1d20+8)[25] Advantage from hiding: [roll]1d20+8)[9] Damage: (1d6+4)[9]+ (1d6)[6] sneak attack

    Bonus Action: Cunning Action: Hide. (1d20+6)[11] Disadvantage due to exhaustion: (1d20+6)[20]


    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Derendil
    Quaggoth Barbarian/Abjurer
    AC: 17 HP: 13/26
    PP: 10 PIv: 12 PIs: 10
    Conditions: Mage Armor (8 hrs), Arcane Ward (1hp/8hp), Rage
    Concentrating on:

    Between Derendil's arcane armor plates, his magic shield, and his magic ward, he manages to not take a wound from the dogpile of quaggoths surrounding him and Bupido. That doesn't mean the prince is free from stress, however. And as the attacks mount and his defenses crumble and fail, the beast rises in him again, straining against it's chains and begging for release. Knowing he has very little in the way of defensive abilities remaining, Derendil gives into it. In a rush his muscles swell, his eyes dilate, and he unleashes a roar of challenge as he side swipes a claw at the quaggoth who nearly wounded him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rage. Attack- (1d20+5)[24] to hit and (1d6+5)[9] damage.
    The Bear is Back.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Stool
    Myconid Druid
    AC: 13 (bucket armor) HP: 28/28
    PP: 15 PIv: 9 PIs: 13 San: 12
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: Entangle

    Squeaking again, Stool guides his spore cloud back at the melee between the gnomes and quaggoths. A voice appears in Buppido's head. If you want to eat archers, just yell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Entangle persists. Chill Touch: 24 to hit, 8 damage


    Nilvae
    Half-Elf Warlock
    AC: 15 HP: 13/23
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 12 San: 7 (-1)
    Conditions: Mask of Many Faces (Kronryn, 1h), Beast Speech (1h)
    Concentration: -

    Eat squirrel poop, you flipping spider witch! cries with tears running down the chiseled drow face as she hears her faithful companion being butchered. Your kind will pay for this atrocity!

    The half-elf pelts the drow's face with glowing stones.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus to enchant some stones, 19 to hit, 7 damage


  13. - Top - End - #253
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    With a defiant roar, Derendil lashes out, leaving jagged red marks across the face of the quaggoth that had nearly torn open his shield. In the confusion of the melee, another bolt flies out of seemingly nowhere to embed itself into the central quaggoth, whose eyes are filled with inhuman hatred.

    Topsy cries out as a bolt slashes across her leg, another flying by to strike the stone behind her. The bolt has left a smear of poison across the long shallow wound, but the gnome does not stagger or falter in spite of her size. "You'll be sorry for that when I get to you," she threatens the drow on the other bridge in elvish, to which he merely scoffs.

    Leaning out of cover, Eldeth swiftly fires, loads, and fires again. But her shots are too panicked and hasty, clattering against the opposite wall of the guard post. One of them nearly strikes Buppido, though the dwarf seems unfazed.

    "Laven Byon Seek!" voice peaking when his sister is shot, Turvy sends a trio of three magic missiles arcing and spiraling out. One clobbers the quaggoth in front of Derendil, knocking it to the ground. The other two slam into the offending Drow, nearly knocking him off of the bridge.

    Cells

    Evidently tired of all of this, Dworic's face contorts in rage as he swings the chair around and slams it into Duskryn's stomach, exposed by Ront. Crackling white lightning pulses from the impact point, scorching the drow's clothes and skin. Duskryn's strength begins to fade, between the damage inflicted and the choking grasp of Ront.

    Closing his eyes, Shuushar breathes deeply. "Blee still, trububbled soul." Glowing needles of light appear around Duskryn, and his eyes go wide as they move towards him. But rather than impale him, they carefully and precisely prick pressure points on his body. The already weak drow's eyes flutter and droop, and he falls unconscious. Please, allow him to live, and perhaps to learn from this. the fishman telepathically beseeches Ront, 'audible' to anyone else affected by Stool's rapport spores.

    The orc sniffs and curls his lip. Only because we have enemies still attacking us fish eyes. He drops Duskryn upon the stone floor unceremoniously.

    Shuushar nods, accepting the answer, and walks out. Jimjar offers him a pat on the shoulder as he goes by. "Nice work. Good to see you can actually fight."

    "Obly when ib woulb spare libes," the kuo-toa answers, walking up behind the crowd at the bridge with calm strides.

    The Shrine

    Grabbing pebbles from along the wall, Nilvae hurls one at the priestess. It strikes her in the cheek, causing her to recoil and catch the base of the statue with her hand for support. Strands of hair hang across her bruised cheek as she glares back. But Borthan is now standing in the doorway, his blades within a dangerous distance of her. Gripping her mace in both hands, she channels the same baleful purple light into the weapon and swings it at Borthan, leaving a trail arcing behind it like a shooting star.

    Borthan ducks out of the way as the glowing weapon impacts the stone beside him, blowing off one of the door hinges in a flash of light.

    As their fight continues, the trapdoor across the shrine opens. A male drow, clearly in his prime, climbs out. His face and hair are well washed and styled, and he's wearing nothing but a pair of hastily donned trousers, a shortsword in his hand. "Priestess, Asha is under attack!" he calls down into the depths of the reverse-tower, behind him.

    "You've permission to kill whomever violates Lolth's shrine with their unbidden presence," replies an annoyed voice from below. The drow man begins crossing the room, murderous intent and confidence clear in spite of his lack of equipment.

    "It isn't Kronryn, they're using illusions," the younger priestess warns him as he looks between the two apparent drow.

    "Doesn't matter. I assumed some kind of coup. If not, that just means less paperwork," his mouth twitches into a grin. Borthan's combat high from taking down the elite is starting to fade, as the spider who'd been attacking Nilvae sinks its fangs into him instead. Behind him he can hear another one crawling through inside, its chitinous limbs clicking.

    The Commons

    The donkey's braying quiets and goes still as the spider drags it to the ground.

    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Sarith shoots Middle Quaggoth for a 15 damage Sneak Attack, then Hides again. It is now critically low.
    Derendil slashes Right Quaggoth for 9 damage.
    Stool casts Chill Touch on Right Quaggoth for 8 damage.
    Nilvae casts Magic Stone and hurls one at Asha for 7 damage.

    Drow Warrior shoots at Topsy, missing.
    Drow Warrior shoots at Topsy, hitting for 8 damage. She passes her save against drow poison.
    Drow Warrior tries and fails to break free of Entangle.
    Asha attempts to smite(?) Borthan, but misses.

    Eldeth takes two shots with normal bolts, but misses badly with both.
    Dworic Rages and hits Duskryn for 8 bludgeoning and 2 radiant damage.

    Shoor enters the scene, but cannot reach Borthan yet.

    Ront performs an unarmed strike on Duskryn for 8 damage.

    Giant Spider bites Borthan for 6 piercing damage, and 3 poison after he makes his save.
    Giant Spider bites Dr. Donk for 11 damage and 5 poison after he makes his save. The poison renders Dr. Donk unconscious and stable, for now.

    Turvy casts Magic Missile, dealing 5 to Middle Quaggoth for a KO, and 10 to Middle Drow Warrior.
    Shuushar casts Spiritual Weapon pinning Duskryn for 11 Nonlethal damage, leaving him KO'd and stable. For now.

    Faedryl is up! The fire spreads through the entanglement spaces.


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Faedryl Melad
    Drow Hexblade/Evoker
    AC: 17 HP: 13/22
    PP: 12 PIv: 14 PIs: 12 Sanity: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

    Eighth Day, Escape

    They were finally making headway on the quaggoths, though they had many more enemies left to fight yet, they would hopefully soon be rid of the meatiest opponents, but the fire spreading was unexpected, and unwanted. Evidently magic plants burned just as well as non-magical plants. Or perhaps her flames were just that potent. That could always be the case. Still, it was best not to let them linger too long. Her throat clangs again with the sound of a bell, against the one remaining standing quaggoth in the tower, before she shoves him with her mind once more, hoping to ignite him before she brings her flame spell to an end with a single thought.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show


    Move: None, even if she could advance she doesn't want to...yet.
    Action: Cast Toll the Dead on the quaggoth southeast of Derendil. Must make a Wis save (1d20)[4]+modifier vs DC14 or take (1d12)[8] necrotic damage.
    Bonus Action: Telekinetic shove on the quaggoth southeast of Derendil. Must make a strength save vs (1d20)[5]+modifier . DC14 or be shoved back five feet, into the bonfire. If the shove is successful, must make a dex save (1d20)[9]+modifier vs DC14 or take (1d8)[7] fire damage.

    After the shove, regardless of success/fail, she drops concentration on the fire, for fear of the bridges getting damaged further.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    Clutching his ears, the final quaggoth in the guard post cringes and his breath catches in his throat, then Faedryl shoves him into the fire. Sensing weakness, Buppido flies off of his table, face lit eerily from below by the fading flames as he descends atop the creature. He drives his shiv into his chest until it passes out, then gets up and kicks another's nose into its skill. Satisfied with his grim work, he takes cover behind the wall, waiting behind the flow of flames running out onto the bridge.

    Walking onto the first bridge and squatting next to the fallen quaggoth there, Jimjar gently covers its mouth and nose with a hand as he uses the other to take aim at the drow Turvy had blasted, dropping the warrior with a well placed bolt. The quaggoth's strained breathing ceases, and it goes limp peacefully, as if sleeping.

    Passing him, Topsy picks up a dagger she'd thrown earlier and hurls a pair of them at the nearest drow, but her hasty throws go wide and they fly off into the darkness below, either in the water or the webbing somewhere. She bares her teeth and snarls at her own failure.

    The Shrine



    The Commons



    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Feadryl casts Toll the Dead on the last Quaggoth for 8 damage, and shoves him into the fire for 7 more, then drops the bonfire. He is critically wounded.
    Buppido stabs the last Quaggoth for an 18 damage sneak attack, and then uses an unarmed strike to finish off one of the already downed ones.
    Jimjar shoots Middle Drow Warrior for 9 damage and a KO. He uses an offhand unarmed strike to finish off the Quaggoth on the bridge.
    Topsy flings two daggers at Top Drow Warrior for two misses.

    Borthan is up!


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Borthan Zuek
    Half-Drow Ranger
    AC: 16 HP: 6/29
    PP: 14 PIv: 9 PIs: 14
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:

    Borthan hissed out loud as the spider's fangs sank into his body, stumbling to the side as the poison began flowing through his veins. Godsdamn, I'm going to die with these stupid shortswords in my hand instead of my axes... Not one to go down without a fight, but knowing that without reaching Shushaar and the others he would most certainly be executed by the drow, he prepared to make a run for it. He attempted to slam the door to the shrine shut, but the giant spider's bulk would not be shifted. Raising his blades like shields, he began to back away slowly, warding off any blows, then made his way backward towards the bridge. For the first time since the fight began he took a look back to see how the others were doing, and he nearly spit in disgust to see most of them, including some of their strongest fighters, still back by the cells. And the bridge was on fire. Godsdamn, was that a disappointment. He'd love to hear why they had failed so spectacularly to reinforce their allies, but he doubted he would live long enough to find out.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attempt and fail to slam the door on the shrine as object interaction. Action- disengage. Move 30 feet back towards the bridge and pray to Silvanus that Bort survives one more round.
    The Bear is Back.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post



    The Shrine

    Backing off from the door way, Borthan tries to slam the door into the spider and push it back inside. But its legs shove back with a hiss, forcing him to fend it off with his blades while trying to get away. Backing off finds him confronted with another fresh spider, crawled up into the tunnels from the webbing below, but he is able to circle partway around it until the fungal hyphae covering the bridge block his progress.

    Spoiler: Spider Speak
    Show
    "I will suck the marrow from your bones for that insult, two-legs!"


    The Commons



    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Borthan fails to shove the door closed, and Disengages.

    Neither of the Quaggoth miraculously self-resurrect.

    Nilvae, Derendil, Sarith and Stool are up!


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Sarith Kzerkarit
    Drow Fighter/Rogue
    AC: 16 HP: 19/23
    PP: 14 PIv: 11 PIs: 10 Sanity: 8
    Conditions: Exhaustion (1)
    Concentrating: --


    Eighth Day, Escape

    With the quaggoths now down, Sarith moves on to targeting his former fellows. People who he'd broken bread with, fought alongside, and now was killing. He doesn't feel bad about it. In fact he doesn't feel anything about it. Neither joy nor sadness, not anger or joy. It just simply was. He drops down from the hatch onto the ladder, gripping the rung with one hand as he leans out to launch a bolt at the soldiers on the bridge, before swiftly hopping back up to safety, looking to mask his presence through the chaos and conflict of battle.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move: Scoot down, shoot the lead drow warrior, then retreat back to his hidey hole.
    Action: Attack: (1d20+8)[14] Advantage from hiding: (1d20+8)[16] Damage: (1d6+4)[7] + (1d6)[2] sneak attack

    Bonus Action: Cunning Action: Hide. (1d20+6)[16] Disadvantage due to exhaustion: (1d20+6)[15]


    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Stool
    Myconid Druid
    AC: 13 (bucket armor) HP: 28/28
    PP: 15 PIv: 9 PIs: 13 San: 12
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: -

    Stool looks around at the others, who rear to fight in melee. He grants them their wish, and advances himself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Entangle ceased.


    Nilvae
    Half-Elf Warlock
    AC: 15 HP: 3/23
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 12 San: 7 (-1)
    Conditions: Mask of Many Faces (Kronryn, 1h), Beast Speech (1h)
    Concentration: -

    Tears continue to run down Nilvae's cheeks as she looks at Borthan. Go with the others, you have a chance still, my dwarf-drow. She smiles a last time before invoking the last of her powers granted by Puck, a devastating sleep spell, of course useless against the drow aggressors.

    She hopes the stubborn elf forfeits her safety, and forgets her soon after her imminent death. Her head turns towards the drow priestess. Now you ragged old ugly witch, with your himbo boyfriend. The demonic swarm will consume your outpost and your outpost, even if I die. You may not want to loose your guards to a prisoner riot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast sleep for 17 hp, hopefully at least getting the spider. 17 in Deception to try and get Asha to divert some forces for the defense of the outpost.


  20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Borthan Zuek
    Half-Drow Ranger
    AC: 16 HP: 6/29
    PP: 14 PIv: 9 PIs: 14
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:

    Damnit, Nilvae, FALL BACK! Borthan grits his teeth as he watches the crazy woman make her last stand. WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!
    The Bear is Back.

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Derendil
    Quaggoth Barbarian/Abjurer
    AC: 17 HP: 13/26
    PP: 10 PIv: 12 PIs: 10
    Conditions: Mage Armor (8 hrs), Arcane Ward (1hp/8hp)
    Concentrating on: Rage (9 rounds)

    When the last of the quaggoths fall, Derendil gets a view of the bridge full of drow warriors. Clambering over the bodies, he rushes forward, leaping off one of his dead "kinsman" and coming down with muscle and claw at the nearest drow, attempting to break through to their allies to the south.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move and slash at the nearest drow. (1d20+5)[10] to hit and (1d6+5)[7] damage. (1d6)[2] in case of crit.
    The Bear is Back.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    Climbing down onto the top rung of the lantern, Sarith pops a bolt through the wall of flame. It sinks into drow flesh, and Sarith vanishes back into the armory as the flames flicker and vanish into a cloud of falling sparks, their fuel vanishing when Stool dispels the fungal entanglement.

    Following the bolt, Derendil leaps onto the bridge. But his target ducks back out of the way of his razor claws, curling his lips in fear and disgust. He draws a shortsword in his free hand and jabs at Derendil, but fails to connect. Further down the bridge, the second drow fires a bolt at the intimidating quaggoth prince. But the bolt deflects off of the glowing arcane plating of his mage armor.

    A second bolt plunks into the drow's body alongside Sarith's, and unable to withstand any more he collapses on the bridge. Eldeth reloads and fires again at the other drow, but her bolt goes wide. With Duskryn taken down, Dworic begins a purposeful march in search of his next foe.

    Holding a pair of fingers to the side of his head, Turvy stares at the last drow on the bridge. The elf suddenly starts bleeding from the eyes and shouts in pain, doubling over. "Hey! Hey, make a run for it!" he shouts at Borthan across the bridge, an opening made for the ranger to bypass the drow safely - and for allies to bypass the drow to reach him.


    Behind Faedryl, the large orc leans forward, resting his hands on his knees and taking heavy breaths. He is still visibly exhausted, and tired out by the struggle wrestling Duskryn to the ground. The floating spirit-needles glide past out of the tunnels to hover in the air, while Shuushar weaves a minor blessing upon Faedryl.

    The Shrine

    The spider before Nilvae inhales the cloud of fairy dust she breathes out into the air, stumbling and then sinking peacefully to the ground to snooze. Behind it, the drow priestess scowls. "I think you've mistaken me for someone else..." she states condescendingly, but a glance is spared towards the shirtless drow man next to her. "I will investigate this demon claim. Lolth's wards should hide us, but we should be certain."

    Raising her arm, the priestess walks over the spider. A ray of light flashes down from above Nilvae, but she manages to duck out of the way of it. Seeming to consider her a non-threat, the drow priestess steps away from her to walk down the hallway. A final show of insult, leaving herself open.

    The shirtless drow approaches Nilvae, attempting to execute her with a stab as though she were already on her knees. But the girl is running hard on adrenaline, and swerves around his strike. Face contorting in indignation, he takes a swing with his fist, punching the wall behind her when she moves her head out of the way. "Damned girl!" he curses.

    Standing at the end of the bridge, Borthan fixes the flat of his blade against a lunging spider's face, holding it back as fangs swing and slash at his chest.

    The Commons

    The victorious spider enjoys her prize, sinking her fangs into the helpless hound.

    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Sarith shoots Drow Warrior for a 9 damage sneak attack, then hides again.
    Stool drops Entangle.
    Nilvae casts Sleep, putting the Giant Spider in the doorway to sleep.
    Derendil attacks Drow Warrior, but misses.

    Drow Warrior attacks Derendil, but misses.
    Drow Warrior shoots at Derendil, but misses.
    Asha casts Sacred Flame on Nilvae, but she evades. Asha moves past, provoking a melee AoO from Nilvae.

    Eldeth shoots, critically hitting Drow Warrior for 6 damage and a KO.
    Eldeth bonus action shoots at the last Drow Warrior at range Disadvantage, missing.
    Dworic dashes. His rage ends.

    Shoor attacks Nilvae and takes an unarmed swing, but both miss.

    Ront waits, the bridge is too crowded for him to move through with his Exhaustion levels.

    Giant Spider drinks Brutus/Muttley.
    Giant Spider bites at Borthan, but misses.

    Turvy casts Mind Spike on Drow Warrior, dealing 7 damage. Drow Warrior cannot take Reactions, and can only take a move, action or bonus action on its next turn. This means anyone can scooch past him without Provoking.
    Shuushar moves his Spiritual Weapon.
    Shuushar casts Guidance on Faedryl.

    Faedryl is up. Duskryn and Drow Elite are down, so Borthan can also act in this block.


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Borthan Zuek
    Half-Drow Ranger
    AC: 16 HP: 6/29
    PP: 14 PIv: 9 PIs: 14
    Conditions:
    Concentrating on:

    Borthan resumes his defensive stance as he backs away from the spider, slowly lowering it to the ground before dashing backward with blades raised. Then began an awkward, inelegant dance across the bridge, stepping past dazed drow, over dead drow, and scooting dangerously close to the edge of the bridge. When he reaches the quaggoth who appeared to be an ally (and also spoke some weird flavor of elvish), he slapped him on the shoulder as a means of encouragement. I killed the one that knew how to fight. I'm tapping out and moving to the back line to throw stuff. Go git em, tall, grey, and fuzzy. Then he turned and shouted for Nilvae. Come on, crazy woman! The closer you are to us if you fall the more likely the fish can put you back together! I don't care if you get knocked out, you're getting out of here!

    Derendil
    Quaggoth Barbarian/Abjurer
    AC: 17 HP: 13/26
    PP: 10 PIv: 12 PIs: 10
    Conditions: Mage Armor (8 hrs), Arcane Ward (1hp/8hp)
    Concentrating on:

    Derendil growls at the perceived attack at first, but then he simply ignores it. The half-blood had done some work, even if he had only killed one.
    The Bear is Back.

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Faedryl Melad
    Drow Hexblade/Evoker
    AC: 17 HP: 13/22
    PP: 12 PIv: 14 PIs: 12 Sanity: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

    Eighth Day, Escape

    The turn in battle was excellent, for her, and she can't help but smugly smile as the prisoners file up the bridge in front of her, using the momentum to push past the quaggoths. They'd be beyond the armoury shortly, and then the real fight would begin. The only downside was that she couldn't ride the momentum with them, the bridge was too narrow, and she didn't wish to risk taking the plunge below. Instead, she continues to provide ranged support from the back lines, as a leader should. Aiming to wrap one of the drow blocking the way in dark magic, her throat clangs. They, at least, seemed less sturdy than the quaggoths.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show


    Move: Not clear if she can move into the tower to get under the ladder, or if there's too many people which'll slow her down - I'm guessing the latter. If she can move up, she will do, if not, no biggie.
    Action: Cast Toll the Dead on closest drow warrior that's still standing. I think he's uninjured? Must make a Wis save (1d20)[15]+modifier vs DC14 or take (1d8)[7] necrotic damage.
    Bonus Action: If she can move forwards, she's in range for a telekinetic shove on the drow warrior. If not, disregard. Must make a strength save vs (1d20)[10]+modifier . DC14 or be shoved back five feet, into his buddy.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    It's hard to tell through the flashes of pain and distraction from Turvy's mental assault if Faedryl's spell has any effect. As he staggers, Buppido passes Borthan going opposite ways across the bridge, approaching the drow to shank him in the chest, sending him down onto the wood.

    Inside the guard post, Jimjar squats down at the bottom of the ladder and gently holds his hands over the mouth and nose of one of the dying quaggoth to ease it into the after. Catching on, Topsy attempts to slit the throat of the other one, but it isn't enough to kill just yet. The quaggoth spasms and spurts blood, Topsy frowning in dissatisfaction at her cut.

    The Shrine



    The Commons



    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Faedryl casts Toll the Dead, but Drow Warrior resists.

    Buppido readies an action to attack as Borthan passes, giving him Sneak Attack.

    Jimjar finishes off one of the unconscious Quaggoth.
    Borthan Disengages and moves along the bridge, triggering Buppido's sneak attack, which deals 12 damage and KO's.
    Topsy deals 2 failed death saves to the other downed Quaggoth.

    Nilvae, Derendil, Sarith and Stool are up!


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Sarith Kzerkarit
    Drow Fighter/Rogue
    AC: 16 HP: 19/23
    PP: 14 PIv: 11 PIs: 10 Sanity: 8
    Conditions: Exhaustion (1)
    Concentrating: --


    Eighth Day, Escape

    Though he has no love for the prisoners, Sarith equally does not wish to miss out on the fight. So when he pops down to loose another bolt and finds no easy targets, he does the only 'logical' thing and abandons his hiding place. They were no longer in range of his bolts, so he would have to close the distance. On able feet he slips between the other prisoners, weaving through them like air through trees, before loosing a bolt at the nearest spider. Best to put it out of its misery before it suffered worse.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Bonus Action: Cunning Action: Dash.
    Move: Move forwards as far as he can go, shooting the spider on the way.
    Action: Attack: (1d20+8)[9] Advantage from hiding: (1d20+8)[10] Damage: (1d6+4)[8] + (1d6)[6] sneak attack



    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Stool
    Myconid Druid
    AC: 13 (bucket armor) HP: 28/28
    PP: 15 PIv: 9 PIs: 13 San: 12
    Conditions: Shillelagh (10 rds.)
    Concentration: -

    The little myconid squeaks like a small angry rodent as its club elongates. It crushes down on the remaining quaggoth

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shillelagh for 19 to attack and 11 damage.


    Nilvae
    Half-Elf Warlock
    AC: 15 HP: 3/23
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 12 San: 7 (-1)
    Conditions: Mask of Many Faces (Kronryn, 1h), Beast Speech (1h)
    Concentration: -

    Hey cutie. Nilvae suddenly flirts with the naked drow male. Can't you just reconsider? Suddenly flower petals are falling, framing Kronryn's shape. After we kill her, we can make off and start a new life.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fey Presence wis save 17 vs. my dc of 14


  28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Derendil
    Quaggoth Barbarian/Abjurer
    AC: 17 HP: 13/26
    PP: 10 PIv: 12 PIs: 10
    Conditions: Mage Armor (8 hrs), Arcane Ward (1hp/8hp)
    Concentrating on: Rage

    Derendil charges across the bridge, nearly on all fours, and barrels into the giant spider with claws extended, attempting to tear it apart before it can fight back.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moved in Roll20. Attack- (1d20+5)[11] to hit and (1d6+5)[7] damage. [roll1d6[/roll] in case of a crit.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-05-02 at 12:39 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    The Guard Post

    Sarith's bolt goes wide, striking the stone wall of the cavern next to the spider. The creature turns around and raises itself up, hissing threateningly and indignantly. Before it can advance upon the traitor drow, Derendil storms across the bridge, swatting at it with a claw. The spider weaves back and around the swipe. More bolts and a freezing ray clatter against the stone from the rearguard as the dwarves and others advance, but the spider is having no better luck striking true with its fangs.

    Buppido walks up alongside Derendil at the end of the bridge and sinks his blade into the distracted spider. Behind him, Jimjar slips onto the bridge and stays low to keep out of the way of those firing across the gap, unwilling to risk hitting Buppido or Sarith himself. He instead continues to work as a gentle angle of death, seeing the fallen to their hereafter.

    Back in the guard post, Stool soundly crushes the skull of the quaggoth Topsy had been trying to put down, spattering more gore around. She wipes her face with her sleeve and stands back up. "Good work." Stepping through, Dworic continues to ensure no enemies get back up behind them, slamming his chair into the face of the elf next to Borthan.

    The Shrine

    The swirling aura of flower petals frames Kronryn(Nilvae)'s form, and Shoor recoils slightly from the display. "No, thank you," he states coldly, thrusting his weapon forward. This time it pierces Nilvae's side, and she feels herself growing cold as the world darkens around her. She slumps to the ground and feels the drow's boot press against the back of her head, pressing down as her consciousness fades. The last thing she sees is another shape rising up out of the trapdoor inside.

    With the warlock lying in a growing pool of blood, the shirtless elf turns his attention towards Derendil and flicks blood off of his sword as he starts to approach. Yet it's Sarith's face he locks in on, over the back of the spider. "Sarith. Why am I not surprised you've thrown in with these inferior beings, instead of facing this with some dignity?" The high priestess' current boy toy taunts him.

    The Commons

    The priestess walks away from the shrine, reaching the commons area. Regarding the two slumped over guards near the lift, she walks over and boots one of them with her foot. "Get up, fool. We've got intruders to deal with. Go!" her voice can be heard near the bridge, carrying through the cavern. The now quite full giant spider crawls up to her.

    Spoiler: Combat Log
    Show
    Sarith Dashes and shoots at Giant Spider, but misses.
    Derendil misses Giant Spider as well.
    Stool puts down the last guard post Quaggoth.
    Nilvae uses Fey Presence, but Shoor passes his save.

    Asha kicks a Quaggoth awake for 1 damage.

    Eldeth moves up and takes a disadvantaged shot at the Giant Spider, since she can ignore her allies' cover, but she misses. She tries again for another miss.
    Dworic moves up and attacks a downed Drow Warrior, finishing it off.

    Shoor hits Nilvae for 5 damage and a KO, then unarmed strikes her for 2 failed death saves to add insult to injury.

    Ront Dashes.

    Giant Spider bites at Derendil, but misses.
    Turvy casts Ray of Frost, but misses Giant Spider.
    Shuushar moves, and moves his Spiritual Weapon. He maintains Guidance on Faedryl for now.
    Buppido sneak attacks Giant Spider for 15 damage.

    I confirmed that Drow Elite dies and does not get up.

    Jimjar puts down another Drow Warrior, and gets to work on a second.

    Faedrul and Borthan are up!


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Brutus - 21
    Duskryn - 21
    Buppido - 20

    Drow Elites - 20

    Jimjar - 19
    Borthan - 18
    Topsy - 15
    Dr. Donk - 15

    Quaggoth - 12

    Nilvae - 11
    Derendil - 11
    Sarith - 10
    Stool - 10

    Drow Warriors - 10
    Asha - 10

    Eldeth - 8
    Dworic - 8

    Ilvara - 8
    Shoor - 8

    Ront - 7

    Giant Spiders - 6

    Turvy - 4
    Faedryl - 3
    Shuushar - 2

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss IC

    Faedryl Melad
    Drow Hexblade/Evoker
    AC: 17 HP: 13/22
    PP: 12 PIv: 14 PIs: 12 Sanity: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

    Eighth Day, Escape

    With the bridge clear, Faedryl moves into the tower to follow behind the group, just in time to see Nilvae fall. Was it their first loss? Could she be saved? Should Faedryl even try? The questions come rapid fire in her mind but the conclusion is...yes. She should do what she can. That was all she could do. She leans back into a familiar casting stance, drawing the elvish runes for Magic. Pierce. Entropy. in the air in front of her with a glowing fingertip. She beckons the arcane powers forward, crystalising them into three bolts that stream over the heads of her people - for they were, for now at least - to strike the thick bodied drow that was approaching. They slam into him with unerring accuracy. She went to call Shuushar's name and finds that she cannot recall it. She hadn't committed it to memory, if it had even been spoken in her presence. It had been a stressful few days. She opts to exclude any names entirely. "One of them went down at the front! You need to save her!" she says to him with as much urgency as she can muster. Save. Not a word she expected to be using today.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show


    Move: Into the tower.
    Action: Cast Magic Missile on Shoor. 4 per missile rolled in discord, for 12 force damage.
    Bonus Action: No one in range for shoving, so she'll chill on the mental shove.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •