Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 186
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Endrak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    The Frozen North, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Imogen lets out a breath and enters the room, beckoning Kyr after her. "Okay, so... don't follow the herd and fear not icy derision. Maybe we should try the door that doesn't have footprints leading to it?"

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Ved says to Saiden, "C'mon, it's clear."

    She then heads into the room, along with Scathe.

    The western door is covered in a strange, pulsating violet mold. Imogen and Ved, the two most savvy regarding this field (so it turns out), can't seem to figure out what they're looking at (and neither can anyone else). Nobody gets too close to it, though.

    Meanwhile, Scathe says, "Confirmed. Definitely a trap behind the eastern door." He will then check the south, and determine that yes, there must definitely be a trap there was well.

    Saiden, do you come into the room?

    What does the rest of the party do/ say/ recommend?
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Saiden moves inside, her weapons till in hand and her eyes sweeping over the room suspiciously.

    The pulsating, wall-mold was not particularly comforting, though the knight agreed with the sentiment that the Western door seemed the most apt. At least as far as alignment with the motto of this room and its warning, were concerned.

    "I concur with Imogen," Saidens smooth, sonorous voice spoke.

    "Particularly a herd being plural: no evidence of which went to the Western door," she pointed towards the portal with the tip of her weapon.

    Having kept herself generally in the centre of the party arrangement, so that she could react to any physical danger in equal time, Saiden now moved slowly over towards the Western door in the wake of Scathe.
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

    “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.” ― William Francis Butler

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Thumbs up Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    “Well we have the ice weapon we found in the other room. Mayhap, this purple rot can be kilt with some of our “icy derision”?”
    Leo sets down his bow and levels his arm at a center of most mass of the purple fungi and points his index finger at it. A blue bolt of cold energy streaks from his hand to strike it.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

    move 5 ft to clear line of sight to door.
    cast “Ray of Frost”
    hit - (1d20+5)[21]
    dam - (1d3)[2]
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-01-18 at 10:09 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Saiden moves up (per her post), but it feels like the heat is being sucked out of her body even as Leonidas speaks. She takes 13 nonlethal (NL) and reels from the cold, but at the same time Leonidas' ray of frost impacts the violet mold and it seems to freeze dry the mold and instantly destroy it.

    Saiden took some pain from that, but quick thinking or luck on Leonidas' part killed what was there.

    Now what?
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Saiden grits her teeth and narrows her eyes as a blast of cold shivers through her armour and across her skin, seemingly from nowhere.

    What the blasted hells was that?!

    Glaring hatefully at the now-dead fungi upon the wall, the knight clicked her tongue and shook her head. Drawing her free hand up alongside her shoulders, she willed into being a spell that was cast across her own body and revoked a modicum of what ill tidings had befallen her.

    ooc:
    Cast Cure Light Wounds on myself: (1d8+3)[6]
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

    “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.” ― William Francis Butler

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    "Are you Ok?" Ved asks Saiden. "It seems like that was some sort of heat absorbing fungus, and Leonidas' cold spell overloaded/starved it of heat. Scathe/Imogen, can you make sure the door is clear of further traps?
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Saiden nodded, a scowling on her face as she looks down at her own body inquisitively.

    "Vile thing," the Aasimir dismissed the dead fungi.
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

    “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.” ― William Francis Butler

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Scathe and Imogen take a look, and the door does not appear to be trapped.
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Leonidas picks up his bow.
    “Let’s cast off, ya bilge rats!” he smiles affectionately.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Endrak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    The Frozen North, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Imogen shivers in the cold a bit, but nods to Scathe and opens the door.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Saiden readies herself once more as Imogen moves to open the door.

    Hopefully there was not any heat-draining fungi behind this door...
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

    “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.” ― William Francis Butler

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    When you open the door, a 10-foot-wide passageway is revealed that immediately heads south. What do you do?
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Ved, with his illuminated arrow nocked, falls in line behind Saiden making his way into the tunnel.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Leo follows Ved with bow in off hand and Ion torch in the other.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Leonidas, do you release and light your *ioun torch* into orbit? It doesn't act as a light-rock unless it is orbiting your melon.
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Leonidas knew that, of course! “Light rock activate!”

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Scathe and Saiden look for anything as they lead the party some 30' south before the hallway takes a 90-degree turn to the left/ east.

    35' later, the hallway takes a 45-degree turn to the left/ northeast.

    20' laster, the hallway then turns 45-degrees left again to the north, and there is 20' remaining of passageway.

    On the right/east wall of the passage, there is a door. As expected, there is an inscription on this plain wooden doorway that reads:

    "Know your enemy. Shatter all that blinds you and then burn thy adversary to ashes."
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Endrak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    The Frozen North, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Imogen sighs and speaks to Scathe and Saiden. "Do you two notice anything about this door? Do you think it's trapped, or is the inscription talking about something in the next room?"

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    He moves up to bring Imogen closer to the door. "I don't see anything untoward. As far as the inscription, I expect something will try to hamper our vision in some way, and that we should use fire if we can. Who has fire attacks?"
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    "I agree with your interpretation of the message. I would also add that, given how literal these messages have been, I suspect that the things that will hamper our vision is likely to be crystalline and inanimate, however, given the plurality used there is likely to be more than one. While I am not so well equipped for fire damage, if you'll spare me a moment, I may be able to better contribute. " having said that Ved opens his spellbook and flips through the pages.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Spend 2 Arcane Pool points on Quick Study to replace Silent Image with Color Spray and Prestidigitation with Open/Close


    "OK, Stand back from the Door, I've got it. Let me know when you're ready. " when it seems like there is a consensus on the ready Ved will cast Open on the door.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    "Perhaps mirrors," Saiden uttered, her eyes alert for any sign of danger.

    The Knight within her was growing restless in this situation, as she was far from her forte. She belonged on the front lines, upon horse-back or fighting an enemy directly with blade or word. Not sauntering around a crypt in pursuit and adherence to apocryphal little riddles and their death-fungus enforcers.
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

    “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.” ― William Francis Butler

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Ved casts his spell, one far more suited to opening doors, and it clicks and swings open revealing a space beyond that is completely dark. The light from the party penetrates only a few feet in.

    That said, Scathe and Saiden do see a bit in there, noting that there is a large chamber beyond.

    What does the party do now?
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Endrak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    The Frozen North, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Imogen blows out air as she looks into the deep darkness beyond the doorway. "Well now... shall we?"

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Leonidas huffs loudly.
    “If’n ya cowards are scared to face the darkness, I be the man for the job.”
    He slings his bow across his back, dons his buckler and draws his long curved blade. He advances into the room.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    With her beautiful and lethal weapon grasped in one hand, Saiden moves forward and just behind Leonidus. She trusted her good vision and ability to see in the dark to somewhat guide her against the doubltessly "cute" little traps that would await them in this new chamber.
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

    “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.” ― William Francis Butler

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Unable to make out much in the room beyond what meager light shod from his arrow tip, Ved stays in the hallway as the two warriors enter. Ved draws a second arrow from its quiver in preparation for a quick second shot should any motion other than that of Leonidas and Saiden prompt him to fire a quick volley. As the two enter Ved partially draws his bow, his arrow point follows the orbit of Leonidas' Ioun Lantern and his fingers slide gradually up the string matching the gradually changing range to his associates.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Wait close to the left wall a bit back from the doorway.
    Ready action to shoot anything that moves, and is not a party member.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Surprise Round ...

    S16: Scathe starts to look at nothing in particular (the looks one has when in thought or using other senses), and then barks, "Something is in there!" before rushing in while drawing his bastard sword.

    S13: Saiden, you also sensed ... something ... around the corner to the left of Leonidas. What do you do? This is a surprise round, so MA or SA, not both or FRA/FAA/1RA.
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    Saiden furrows her brow as she detects the presence of something just out of vision around the corner.

    Reaching out and putting her spare hand on Leonidus' shoulder to halt the mans advance, Saiden then reaches into her backpack and withdraws a steel mirror.

    Using her long arm, she reaches it forward so that she can see around the corner to what may be laying there.

    ______________________________

    Move action: Withdraw mirror and hold it out to spy around the corner.

    Swift Action: Activate Scarlet Einhander for +2 AC and +1d6 damage.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-01-29 at 02:36 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

    “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.” ― William Francis Butler

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

    S13: Saiden furrows her brow as she detects the presence of something just out of vision around the corner. Reaching out and putting her spare hand on Leonidus' shoulder to halt the man's advance, Saiden then reaches into her backpack and withdraws a steel mirror.

    S12: Something roiling to Leonidas' left (north) touches his left lower arm. Leonidas is struck with pain, even if he is not physically "struck." From the wound, he feels his blood pulled out of his arm (2 CON), and his arm begins to bleed profusely (1d6 bleed).

    S10: Ved, you did sense something and you may react, but as with any surprise round, a MA or SA, not both or FRA/FAA. What do you do?
    3/02/2020: Completed reading Paizo's Ultimate Combat (Buhlman, 2015)!
    2/27/2021: Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium (Tanuki, 2019) is open for playtest!
    Spoiler: Player Schedule Notice
    Show
    ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •