New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Saiden could see that it was imperative that she retained Balins attention, as her compatriots drew up behind him. She knew that he would have to focus upon her and give his back to her team-mates...otherwise he would turn to face them, and she would have the advantage. Either way it worked.

"You fight with valor, Balin! I will ensure you receive a warriors death!"

ooc:

Spoiler
    Show

Stance: Scarlet Einhander Stance (+2 AC and +1D6 damage)
    AC: 19

Move action:
    None
    Swift Action:
    Standard Action: Swift Current, (1D20+8)[24], Damage: (1D8+3)[8] + (1D6)[1] + (1D6)[3]

Reaction: Flowing Creek , (1D20+11)[22]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

R3T2: Saiden could see that it was imperative that she retained Balins attention, as her compatriots drew up behind him. She knew that he would have to focus upon her and give his back to her team-mates...otherwise he would turn to face them, and she would have the advantage. Either way it worked. "You fight with valor, Balin! I will ensure you receive a warrior's death!"

Sir Balin had opened himself in trying to cleave across multiple opponents. It was not a faulty tactic, but there was a price to be paid - one which Saiden is able to meet as she hits his left knee for 9.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T23:
    Leonidas slashes at the armored knight with the Falcata, keeping up a stream of taunting comments with the intent of demoralizing his opponent every time he strikes him.
    “Ya like that?” ... “That must have stung!” ... ”Oooh wicked strike!” ... “Give up now! Ya got no chance!”

He must be doing something right - the flanking at least - as his strange sword hits Sir Balin in the left shoulder for 8.

R4T22: Imogen, what do you do?

Kyr on deck (dying), Scathe in the hole ...
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Halfling in the Playground

Imogen sidesteps to the left into a more advantageous position. Trying to push the thought of Kyr dying out of her mind so as not to be distracted, she taps a well of power within to guide her strikes. Bolstered, she thrusts both daggers at the knight's back.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Imogen 5 foot steps to the south, spends a Glory point to gain +1 to hit, and performs a full attack.
    Last edited by Endrak; 2021-06-04 at 09:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334

R4T22: Imogen sidesteps to the left into a more advantageous position. Trying to push the thought of Kyr dying out of her mind so as not to be distracted, she taps a well of power within to guide her strikes. Bolstered, she thrusts both daggers at the night's back. Her first dagger strikes at Sir Balin's far lower back by the hip for 15, with the next dagger strike coming in at his upper back for 21, killing him instantly as the dagger goes through his heart!

R4T12: Scathe then cleaves Sir Balin's head from his shoulders.

R4T11: Kel goes to the fallen bird. She shrugs. "I have no idea. Can an actual healer check out Imogen's bird to see if it is dead or not?"

R4T8: Ved, what do you do?

Saiden on deck, Leonidas in the hole ...
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ved look around for a moment, then feeling Kel and Imogen's eyes on him he scoffs and says, "What, it's a <Expletive Deleted>ing bird.
    A moment later not seeing any immediate targets, he looks at Imogen again. Saying "fine", Ved places his hands on the dying Kyr and intones a prayer to Asmodeus to save it.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Reluctantly cast "Cure Light Wounds" on Kyr for (1d8+3)[8] points
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

6. - Top - End - #336

R4T8: Ved look around for a moment, then feeling Kel and Imogen's eyes on him he scoffs and says, "What, it's a <Expletive Deleted>ing bird."

A moment later, not seeing any immediate targets, he looks at Imogen again. Saying "fine", Ved places his hands on the dying Kyr and intones a prayer to Asmodeus to save it, granting 8 healing. It was more effort than Ved realized, as his head is now pounding.

Combat Ends ...

And with that, Kyr very woozily rights itself.

Scathe also, is badly wounded.

What does the party do now?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Bloody Hell! I wanted to finish the bastard. Good kill Imogen.”

Leonidas will clean his sword and sheathe it before examining the room for an exit or hidden door.

8. - Top - End - #338

"Thanks, Leo," Imogen says, wiping cold sweat from her forehead. "And thanks for healing Kyr, Ved. Trust me, you would have regretted not doing it this time tomorrow." Imogen shudders at the thought, and kneels down to clean her daggers on the fallen knight's beautifully-stitched livery.

"You have enough Juice left for Scathe?"
    Last edited by Endrak; 2021-06-04 at 09:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339

Kel asks Leo, "You ever gonna' pick up that bright coin you left in the other room?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Never one to let coins slip through his fingers, Leo nods thanks to Kel and hastens to retrieve his wayward coin. He returns quickly to continue the search.

11. - Top - End - #341

Ved looks over Scathe and withdraws a wand from his belt.
    "I feel that I've imposed upon the dark prince about as much as I am able to, at least for today. This will have to suffice." saying that Ved holds the wand over one of the more grievous injuries and invokes its stored power.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Spend 2 charges of Cure Light Wounds on Scathe
    (2d8+2)[14]
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

12. - Top - End - #342

Checking over Sir Balin, he had a longsword, a dagger, masterwork full plate, a heavy steel shield, and a silver-and-sapphire holy symbol of Mitra. Imogen and Leonidas figure that the very attractive holy symbol must be worth about 250 gp.

Ved also detects two magical items on Sir Balin ... a potion vial and a waist wrap. Ved can't even get a school of magic from the potion vial. The multi-ridged waist wrap, however, carries a faint aura of transmutation. Knowing that, Ved and Imogen figure that this is an aquatic cummerbund, a waist-wrap that features a number of dancing dolphins embroidered on the deep blue material.
    Spoiler: Ved, Imogen
    Show
    The cummerbund grants its wearer a +4 competence bonus on Swim checks, and allows her to take 10 on such checks even if distracted or endangered.

The room itself is checked, and other than the normal fixed lantern light above and a small cell for the prisoner ... basic cot, stool, waste bucket, etc. .... there are no secret doors, or strange things of note in here.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

Ved looks to Imogen, he reaches for the potion and hands it to her. Taking the cummerbund for himself he says, "I'll be taking this... Ved begins to strip the fallen knight of his armor and clothes. Looking for the others to help him disrobe the man completely.

14. - Top - End - #344

Does anyone else have any issue with the Ved's division of items?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Tha’s cumin’ out of your share of the group treasure, Ved.” snears Leonidas.

16. - Top - End - #346

"Let him have the belt if he loves it so much. Mystery potion is fine for me." Imogen stores the potion next to the others in her pack and hoists it onto her back.

"Anyway, pretty sure we have what we came for now. The real one. What's say we quit this place?"

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will collect the holy symbol, before responding to Imogen.
    “What, this thing? Silver and sapphire aye!”

18. - Top - End - #348

After removing his armor and clothing, Ved presses his hand on the dead man's forehead. With a slight smell of burning flesh Ved removes his hand leaving behind a symbol of Asmodeus. Ved then pulls his dagger, and jabs the man's chest.
    "Mighty Asmodeus, with your power I bind this man's soul to you, may you receive it. In life his torment of your chosen was great, in his death may they find his soul flavorful." Ved continues to slice at the dead man removing his heart and branding that as well.
    "Lord Asmodeus, bind his soul to this flesh, that it may not receive its due after life."
    Ved will continue to dismember the body and pray with each body part removed branding it with the symbol of Asmodeus.

19. - Top - End - #349

Much to Ved's chagrin, while he does do his butchery, his brand does NOT affect the body of the deceased man in any way. It seems Sir Balin's corpse can be torn asunder, but Asmodeus' stain shall not be infused upon his remains with magic.

Ved, collecting pieces of armor as Ved sloppily takes it off (as he doesn't really understand the intricacies of heavy armor), hands off pieces to the others to carry. "What? It's high quality armor. It's worth a lot, and I doubt Cardinal Thorn will begrudge us." She'll make sure the rest is brought by the party as well.

What now?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden considered making a claim for the armour, but donning and wearing full plate was not within her knowledge. Yet.

"It will fetch a good price," her voice came in as she drew her hands forward to carry her share.

"If we can get to a market which will accept it, that is," she remarked gingerly.

"Imogen has the right idea: let us away."
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas cuts a square of cloth from the fallen knights clothing and wraps the holy symbol before placing it in his belt pouch. Putting his weapon and buckler away, he grabs a hunk of armor.
    “We be done here.”
    He heads back the way they came but not before giving Ved a look of disgust.

22. - Top - End - #352

"Leave the armor and the weapons," says Scathe. "You can't get enough of that armor that doesn't have markings of the Knights of Alerion over it. The weapons, too, are so marked. You won't be able to sell them, and carrying them as not a Knight of Alerion will be an alarum bell. Greed is only good when you can't be caught, and these bastards mark their items too keenly."

Kel kicks the armor out of annoyance. "Yeah. Yeah, I guess you're right. Okay, I'm with Leonidas. We should go."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-06-13 at 11:05 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353

"Ahh, but you forget," Ved says cracking his neck. Ved taps his headband, and instantly becomes the spitting image of Sir Balin.
    "Anyone whom wants to," Ved says tapping his headband again to look once again like his normal blue self, "can look like these knights and assuage any suspicion whenever they would like. This armor doesn't do anything for me but insofar as I am concerned the markings are not such a bad thing. It certainly doesn't help with resale value but could serve to enhance the believability of any disguise we might employ. If someone else can make use of it take it or leave it. Either way let us get out of here before we encounter another horror, my healing ability is just about tapped."
    Last edited by Ahus; 2021-06-13 at 06:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354

Scathe answers, "Yes, but you have to have this level of armor resized to fit the wearer .... that's the problem. I doubt Cardinal Thorn has a forgemaster on hand for just that thing. And any resizing of armor would be suspect. I say leave those things. What say the rest of you?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas discards his piece of armor with a clatter.
    “It’s no use to me anyway. We got what we came for. Time to reap our rewards!”
    He heads for the door.

26. - Top - End - #356

Ved wipes the viscera from his dagger, on the corpse's tunic, and gently kicks the head free from the body. "Indeed" Ved whispers, following Leonidas out of the room.

27. - Top - End - #357

And the rest of you?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden offers no protest, and if she felt any conflict within it didn't show upon her face. Instead, she simply strode towards the exit with the others.

29. - Top - End - #359

Imogen wrinkles her nose at the horrid smells coming from the hateful knight's final resting place and follows the rest of the group out of the chamber.

30. - Top - End - #360

The party moves back to the easternmost room. What from here?
    Show