New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

"I demand to speak to whomever is in charge."

"The one in charge of the ship is the good captain here," Radec stated, taking a step forward in greeting as she gestured to Odenkirk by her side.

"The one in charge of its purpose out this far...that would be me. Dame Montegue, at your service Captain Sambryl," Radec gave a polite curtsey in welcome.

"This is Captain Munroe," she gestured to Leonidas, before motioning to the other party members "and these are my squires."

Radec put on a friendly and genteel exterior, her features able to project an eerily (for those who knew her) innocent and harmless mien.

"I am glad to see the Royal Talinerean Navy performing its patrol duties admirably," Radec spoke after a moment of pause, "were our destination as well fortified against the depredations of cut-throats and danger, then we would have no reason to be here!"

Some of Radec's statements would have sounded corny or clearly intended to flatter. But oddly, when the words came from the Aasimar's lips, she seemed as genuine as an old, trusted friend.

ooc:

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume a Bluff roll is required: (1D20+16)[29]

Edit: put spoiler tags around the roll.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-08-08 at 08:13 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

Captain Sambryl looks at his fellow Talinereans, and realizes this is beyond his paygrade and nods. "The north is dangerous, indeed. May Mitra's light and glory shine upon you all. I will not keep you from your mission. Dame Montegue. Captains," he says, nodding in deference as he heads back aboard his ship.

Is everyone satisfied, or do you feel you have to push your luck and stop him?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-08-08 at 09:26 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden smiles and nods curtly, "Yes, I am sure he will."

The tall red-head does nothing to inhibit their departure, having watched the inspecting captains imperious nature suddenly deflate before her eyes.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas smirks and says nothing.

5. - Top - End - #455

The Blade of St. Martius casts off, and as they pull away, several of the crew - obviously having been given some word from their captain - and give shouts and cheers and even prayers as the Frosthamar pulls away.

Shortly afterwards, Kel is seen strolling about the decks again.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456

A day or two later, another hunting stop, and the ship is anchored a few miles from land.

R1T20: The sound of frantic shouting above on the deck wakes everyone. "Man overboard, port side! Repel boarders!"

R1T19.9: Imogen and Kyr groggily awaken. Imogen, what do you do?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Imogen hops out of her hammock and makes way towards the commotion. To get a read on the situation and help if she can.

"Time to look alive everyone"

She says to anyone around.

Spoiler: Bird brain
    Show
    To Kyr
    "Stay above and out of reach, let me know who/what is threatening the ship"

8. - Top - End - #458

R1T19.9: Imogen hops out of her hammock and makes way towards the commotion to get a read on the situation and help if she can. "Time to look alive everyone!" she calls out to anyone around.
    Spoiler: Imogen >>> Kyr
    Show
    "Stay above and out of reach, let me know who/what is threatening the ship."

Imogen, you clamber up on the forward side of the deck. There is the single lantern by the helmsman. Two four-foot-tall creatures seem to have pushed the helmsman away from the wheel. On the forward part of the ship, Kel is likewise facing off against two four-foot-tall creatures. You don't know where whoever it was that went overboard went overboard, and something smaller than a sailor is in the shadows in the very forward part of the ship where the forward nighttime lookout stands. Kyri now up there with you.

R1T19.7: Leonidas, you are awakened. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-08-18 at 03:41 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

A disturbance wakens our intrepid pirate from dreams of naked maidens frolicking on huge piles of stolen treasure. However it is Fat merchant Leonidas who spins out of his hammock and lands on the deck. He gathers his weapon and draws his Falcata with a loud metallic Shing! The cold iron blade rasping against the sheath as he pulls it free.
    “What’s going on?” he shouts.
    If time remains in his turn, he will cast a spell to illuminate his blade.

10. - Top - End - #460

R1T19.7: A disturbance wakens our intrepid pirate from dreams of naked maidens frolicking on huge piles of stolen treasure. However it is Fat merchant Leonidas who spins out of his hammock and lands on the deck. He gathers his weapon and draws his Falcata with a loud metallic Shing! The cold iron blade rasping against the sheath as he pulls it free.

“What’s going on?” he shouts.

R1T19.5: Ved, what do you do?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461

R1T19.5: Ved hops off his hammock and grabs his bow.

R19T19.4: Saiden, what do you do?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The redheads eyes flick open as the sounds of commotion stir her from her slumber.

What in the Nine Hells was that racket?

Rolling out of her hammock and landing dextrously on her booted-feet, Saiden drew her longsword and headed towards the stairs that would take her above deck.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stance: Activating Scarlet Einhander stance.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-08-22 at 10:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463

R19T19.4: The redhead's eyes flick open as the sounds of commotion stir her from her slumber. "What in the Nine Hells was that racket?!?"

Rolling out of her hammock and landing dexterously on her booted-feet, Saiden grabs her longsword.
    Spoiler: Weapons While Sleeping
    Show
    You don't have more than a light weapon when sleeping, especially in a hammock. So she had to pick up her longsword from next to her.

R19T19.3: Scathe, what do you do?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Scathe's eyes pop wide open through all the noise. He rolls out of his hammock, grabs his sword and shield, and heads to the stairs, wearing only his bed clothes. He moves quietly, and waits at the foot of the stairs for the rest of his companions to make their way to the main deck.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

I'm trying to hide my presence from possible enemies. My armor would not be on, and using stealth. He is not actually going up the stairs at this point.

(1d20+9)[25] for stealth

15. - Top - End - #465

R1T19.3: Scathe's eyes pop wide open through all the noise. He rolls out of his hammock, and grabs his sword.

R1T19.2: The remainder of sailors get out of their hammocks and grab shortbows. Up on deck, a sailor draws a short sword and calls for alarm while stabbing at one of the small creatures that attacked him.

R1T19.1-18: A creature tries to push Kel back. Imogen gets hit in the head by some projectile for 8. The sailor on the stern deck gets pushed back by one of the creatures. Imogen gets hit in the back by another projectile for 3.

R1T17: Kel calls out while stepping a little closer, "Imogen! What the hell are these things?!"

She gives a kick to one of the creatures for 17 NL, and then knees it for 20 NL to knock it unconscious.

R1T16-14: Imogen hears a lot of water and a man screaming in the water off the forward port quarter.

R1T12: Captain Odenkirk is heard shouting from the after belowdecks part of the boat, exhorting the men to action.

R1T11.1-9: The pink-dot creature moves aft along the starboard gunwale and then cuts inwards to push at Kel ineffectually. Aft, one of the creatures moves up to try to push the sailor overboard.

End Round One, Begin Round 2...

R2T19.9:
    Imogen (& Kyr), what do you do?

Leonidas on deck, Ved in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-08-28 at 02:23 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466

ElfRogueGirl

Imogen winces from the projectiles that hit her as she hears Kel call out.

In reply she yells "Good question!"

She moves alongside Kel to counterattack the creature that tried to push her. Drawing a dagger and attacking.

Spoiler: Bird Business
    Show
    To Kyr "Help that sailor on the aft starboard quarter! See if you can distract those creatures"

Spoiler: Action Economy
    Show

Quickdraw Dagger
    Swift: Initiate Touch of the Witch Stance
    Free: 5ft step NE
    Standard: Risky Strike on Pink? (it's under my blue circle but from the narrative I think that creature east of Kel is Pink)
    To Hit-> (1d20+8)[12] Damage-> (1d4+6)[8]

17. - Top - End - #467

R2T19.9: Imogen winces from the projectiles that hit her as she hears Kel call out. In reply she yells, "Good question!"

She moves alongside Kel to counterattack the creature that tried to push her, drawing a dagger and attacking. The tip of her dagger skims across the surface of the creature as if going through water, and the creature seems unharmed.
    Spoiler: Imogen >>> Kyr
    Show
    "Help that sailor on the aft starboard quarter! See if you can distract those creatures"
    Kyr flies down to the deck by the helm and pecks at Yellow with mockery, but like his mistress, the beak only clips to the surface of what seems to be a watery body protecting the creature. An area of Gloom appears around Imogen.

R2T19.7: Leonidas, your falcata is in hand. What do you do?

Ved on deck, Saiden in the hole ...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas presses a hand to his chest and concentrates on a spell and a blue nimbus surrounds him briefly before disappearing. He picks up his buckler.
    “Make some light!”
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

cast mage armor

19. - Top - End - #469

R2T19.7: Leonidas grabs his spell component pouch, and then taking the cured bit of leather that is the focus for the spell, he casts a spell. A blue nimbus surrounds him briefly before disappearing. “Make some light!”
    Spoiler: Leonidas OOC
    Show
    Mage armor requires you to grab your spell component pouch. Even though you have Eschew Materials, that is material components ... not a focus, like what is required for this spell, and one of the reasons you even have a component pouch. MA to grab pouch (in hand, not secured to side), SA to cast spell.

R2T19.5: Ved slings his quiver and grabs his spell component pouch.

R2T19.4: Saiden, longsword in hand. What do you do?

Scathe on deck, Sailors in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hearing the fighting from above, Siaden moves swiftly to take herself above-deck where she can be of use.

ooc:

Spoiler
    Show
    Full action: Moving up to the main deck.

21. - Top - End - #471

R2T19.4: Hearing the fighting from above, Saiden moves swiftly to take herself above-deck where she can be of use.

R2T19.3: Scathe, you have your sword in hand. What do you do?

Sailors on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Scathe shakes his sword in his hand to feel the weight, then picks up his shield. He takes a breath and advances towards the stairs as quietly as possible.

Show
    The shaking of the sword was flavor text as it's quite large. I have no intention of it giving me a gain to a roll or counting as my move action.

I'm fine taking the stealth roll I already made a few turns above, or you can roll it.

23. - Top - End - #473

R2T19.3: Scathe shakes his sword in his hand to feel the weight, then picks up his shield. He takes a breath and advances towards the ladder as quietly as possible. He gets to the ladder, but doesn't go up it yet. He only sees Scathe directly above, but hears footfalls forward (where your ladder is) and aft.

R2T19.2: Many of the sailors belowdecks grab and put on their quivers.

R2T18.1: Aft, one of the small folk tries to push a sailor over the gunwale, but fails.

R2T17: Kel goes into another flurry to punch Pink in what might be a ... face(?) ... for 23 NL. The second blow seems to strike it, but too much energy is absorbed by its aqueous mass.

R2T16-14: Splashing off the port forward quarter. One of the small creatures on deck charges Kel, but she blocks his advance.

R2T12: Captain Odenkirk makes his way onto the aft deck, shouting imprecations in Norspik and firing up his men.

R2T11.1-9: Pink steps into flank against Kel, but instead of attacking her gives a mighty heave to Imogen knocking her back 10' ... enough to throw her over the gunwale and into the water! A voice is heard casting a spell somewhere off the forward starboard quarter. One of the little guys on the after section of the ship pushes a sailor overboard.

End Round 2, Beginning Round 3 ...

R3T19.9:
    Imogen, you have found yourself in the icy waters, fully submerged, and it is relatively dark though a choppy sense of the weak light from the night lanterns on the boat are seen, refracted oddly. What do you do? What do you have Kyr do?

Leonidas on deck, Ved in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will secure his spell pouch and concentrate briefly on casting a spell before his Falcata begins to glow like a torch.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

cast light on sword

25. - Top - End - #475

ElfRogueGirl

Imogen curses "BLRGHGH!!!" Being underwater no audible sound comes out, just bubbles slowly floating towards the surface.

She flails around for a bit trying to figure our which way is up and does her best to swim to the surface.

Spoiler: Back to the Boat!
    Show

Imogen can't focus too much on Kyr right now, the shock of the cold water and being disoriented. This turns up to him.

Spending a Guile point as part of this swim check to add +2 to the result (needs to be added to the roll)
    Swimmin: (1d20+5)[18]

She'll Grab onto the boat if she's close enough and attempt to climb if there's enough movement left
    Climbin: (1d20+7)[17]

26. - Top - End - #476

R3T19.9: Imogen curses "BLRGHGH!!!" Being underwater the sound is distorted as a burst of bubbles roil towards the surface. The nice thing is, bubbles help give direction to that upwards way she must swim. So she flails around for a bit to right herself

She flails around for a bit trying to figure our which way is up and does her best to swim to the surface. She gets to rope haulers for the ship, but can't get up them yet.

R3T19.7: Leonidas secures his spell pouch and concentrates briefly on casting a spell before his falcata begins to glow like a torch. He does a fine job of lighting up this lower section of belowdecks, but it still doesn't illuminate the issue above on the main deck.

R3T19.5: Ved casts a spell on himself and goes over to the ladder.

R3T19.4: Saiden, you are currently flanking something about 4' tall. What do you do?

Scathe on deck, Frosthamar sailors in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-08-29 at 11:51 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden didn't have to think twice about her actions: she lashed out and stabbed that midget in the side.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Attack vs flanked foe: (1D20+8)[23] (flanking bonuses not added), Damage: (1D8+3)[10] + (1D6)[3]

28. - Top - End - #478

R3T19.4: Saiden didn't have to think twice about her actions. She lashes out and slashes that midget in the side with a loud splash that does 10 and it falls to the deck. Saiden is pretty sure that she should have really torn open some extra internal damage with that. While the strike was effective and felled the opponent, still it wasn't as effective as she had hoped for some reason.

R3T19.3: Scathe, your sword is in hand, and you are hiding at the bottom of the ladder, so you only see Saiden on deck from your vantage. What do you do?

Frosthamar sailors on deck, several enemies in the hole ....
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Scathe continues his stealthy advancement to get above deck. Saiden is in his way as he moves, but he ducks behind her to keep the known number of the Knot at a minimum.

Show
    I want Scathe to use as much cover as he can. Scathe is trying to keep his presence unknown as much as possible. He positions behind Saiden, ready to fight, but keeps as quiet as possible.

30. - Top - End - #480

R3T19.3: Scathe continues his stealthy advancement to get to the top of the ladder, but only the top while he hunkers behind the woman - as he stands awkwardly at the top of the ladder. Looking around, and seeing that there are battles on both sides of the ship (forward and aft), he realizes that he is exposed to those that can't easily get to him, and hopefully hidden from those on the forward portion of the ship.

R3T19.2: The sailors belowdecks take and gird their short swords while having bows in hand as the weapon they intend to use. Off the forward port quarter, a sailor's voice is heard. "Help! Help me!" but to his credit he had climbed up the side and simply tumbles over the side of the gunwale to end up prone on the deck near the anchor's line. Aft, the sailor that had just gone over is climbing over the gunwale, but had to drop their short sword to make the climb.

R3T19-18: Imogen, something just swam quickly at you from underwater and smacks something against your leaf armor. You make out a man-sized humanoid shape in the water next to you (5' below the surface, wielding a trident). One of the little creatures aft pushes the sailor right back into the water.

R3T17: Without enveloping her feet in the same energy most of her unarmed strikes have had to create a powerful punch, Kel focuses on an axe-kick to the head. So powerful is that axe kick that what passes for its head completely caves in and the entire body of it discorporates into a wash of water rather than a body before even the body disappears. Her momentum is such that she lets out a quick kick to the back of Green for 6.

R3T16-14: Two fish of some sort speed through the water to then ram Imogen with its snout. The first is successful for 2, knocking Imogen offsides against the second attack.

R3T12: "Damnable water spirits! I'll chop the lot of you into rainwater!" Captain Odenkirk shouts as he then utters a snarl and moves up, cutting into brown for 21, a grievous blow.

R3T11-9: Imogen sees yet another humanoid in the water swim up, cast a spell underwater, and touch the warrior that to which she is adjacent. One of the small creatures tries to push against the captain.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T19.9:
    Imogen, you are surrounded by a whole lot of things ... two fish of some typ and an undersea warrior, and another warrior behind him casting magic on the one fighting you! Imogen is right next to the some rope she can use to climb up ... but she is threatened by several. She never did get a dagger in her hand, so at least she doesn't have to drop one if she is going to climb. What do you do?

Leonidas on deck, Ved in the hole ..
    Show