New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Ved, without moving into the room, prays to Asmodeus to grant him his senses within the room. As he does his eyes roll back in his head and his hands move about as if trying to feel around for something.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Casting Sift on the approximate center of the room. Perception (+10 - 5 = +5) Sight and touch 10' cube.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

S10: Ved, without moving into the room, prays to Asmodeus to grant him his senses within the room. As he does his eyes roll back in his head and his hands move about as if trying to feel around for something.
    Spoiler: Ved
    Show
    There is a podium in the center of the room.

S7: Sensing danger and that Imogen wasn't quite aware, Kyr hops in front of his mother, looks north, and caws.
    Spoiler: Imogen
    Show
    "WTF is that?!"

End Surprise Round, Begin Round One ...

R1T21:
    Kel rushes in and makes a front snap kick with her left foot to impact that which is there to do 5 mod NL. "Some kinda' floaty dark cloud-thing! Leonidas is bleeding!"

R1T20: Leonidas, you are no longer flat-footed, and you suffer 2 bleed. What do you do?

Scathe on deck, Saiden in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-01-31 at 08:00 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will retreat from his attacker, clutching his bleeding arm and moving back into the corridor.
    “Some kinda ghosty just wrecked my arm! Anybody good with bandages?”

4. - Top - End - #124

R1T20: Leonidas will retreat from his attacker, clutching his bleeding arm and moving back into the corridor. “Some kinda ghosty just wrecked my arm! Anybody good with bandages?”

R1T16: "It's no ghost, you fool!" shouts Scathe after the fleeing pirate. "Vampiric mist, and it is quite corporeal, I assure you. But it is a sapient mist that siphons your blood and gets faster and hardier in doing so! Need magic, and it has no 'sweet spots' to hit. Fire's good, though."

Scathe steps into the far northern corner and hits it for 1 mod, as there is a little bit of blood spatter on the ground now. "Not that brute force doesn't hurt."

R1T13: Saiden, what do you do?

Mist on deck, Ved in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden's eyes narrowed as the corporeal mist of the vampiric cloud drifted into reach.

Narrowing her eyes and gritting her teeth, Saiden brought her weapon about in a glittering arc as she struck at the creature...

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Assuming we do this for ourselves: if we don't, discard this) Initiative (War Sight): (1D20+1)[7], (1D20+1)[14] - Will take the 14 (If applicable)

Stance: Scarlet Einhander
    AC: 19 (11 Touch, 18 Flat-footed)

Action: Using Iron Wake to Attack the Vampire Mist
    --> Attack: (1d20+8)[17]
    -----> Damage: (1d8)[1] + (3D6)[12] + 3 = 16 damage.

Move Action: Sheath her weapon.

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-02-01 at 10:28 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas makes a rude gesture at Scathe with his good hand and suggests that his birth was not legitimate.

7. - Top - End - #127

R1T13: Ignoring the bleeding man, Saiden's eyes narrowed as she steps into the room and espies the corporeal mist of the vampiric cloud drifting there, now within her reach. Narrowing her eyes and gritting her teeth, Saiden brought her weapon about in a glittering arc as she struck at the creature (11 mod) and puts her weapon back in its sheath.

Leonidas makes a rude gesture with his good hand in the direction of Scathe's voice, suggesting that his birth was not legitimate.

R1T12: The vampire mist lashes out to hit Saiden in her left shoulder, siphoning 2 CON worth of blood (and doing bleed) before moving back against the north wall by Scathe. It also gained 8 healing from the siphon. Though healing some from that, the damage Saiden and Scathe means it no longer enjoys the speed of blood overload.

R1T10: Ved, well, one healer ran away from stopping a party member's bleeding. How about you? Do you ignore Leonidas? What do you do?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Ved calls out to noone in particular "There is a podium of some kind in the center of the room, my guess is that we need to smash it or something on it, to 'Shatter all that Blinds'"

He then turns to Leonidas "Let me see that arm.

Show
    Cast CLW for (1d8+3)[6]
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

9. - Top - End - #129

R1T10: Ved calls out to noone in particular "There is a podium of some kind in the center of the room, my guess is that we need to smash it or something on it, to 'Shatter all that Blinds.'"

He then turns to Leonidas "Let me see that arm." He casts a spell on Leonidas that stops and heals the wound where the bleeding was, but sadly does nothing for Leonidas' blood loss.

R1T7: Imogen, FINALLY, you are no longer flat-footed as a flurry of things have happened all around you in a few seconds. What do you do? Do you ask Kyr to do anything?

Kel on deck, Leonidas in the hole ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground

"I've got it!" Imogen slips into an almost dance-like combat stance, weaving through the doorway and attempting not to be hit by the unseen enemies as she moves toward the podium Ved mentioned. As she does, she sends a mental command to Kyr to swing around to the north and rake any enemy he sees with his claws as he goes.

Show
    Imogen enters Leaping Spirit Dance and moves to the space south east of Kel. Kyr to perform Fly-By Attack if practical.

11. - Top - End - #131

R1T7: "I've got it!" Imogen slips into an almost dance-like combat stance, weaving through the doorway and attempting not to be hit by the unseen enemies as she moves toward the podium Ved mentioned. As she does, she sends a mental command to Kyr to swing around to the north and rake any enemy he sees with his claws as he goes. Meanwhile, she gets to the podium. She sees something small and particularly black against the muted colors of the podium. What does she do with her remaining action?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

Making a split second judgement, Imogen rams one of her daggers into the darker section of the podium. She sends a silent prayer to Asmodeus that the podium is what breaks and not the dagger.

13. - Top - End - #133

Making a split second judgement, Imogen rams one of her daggers into the darker section of the podium. She sends a silent prayer to Asmodeus that the podium is what breaks and not the dagger. With her own lack of light source, her eyes are getting buggy trying to focus on the darkness, but she stabs and it sounds like a hard glass cracking, but not breaking.

Meanwhile Kyr flies but doesn't go for altitude as it flanks with Scathe and attacks and seems to have pecked successfully, but doesn't seem to have done anything as it then circles back to where it was before.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T21:
    Kel takes out a spiked chain as she steps up to the podium and brings it down hard, this time shattering what later will be revealed to have been a piece of obsidian - volcanic glass. As soon as she does this, the darkness goes away.

R2T20: Leonidas, what do you do? The magical darkness in the other room goes away.

Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas smiles and pats Ved on the shoulder in appreciation before dashing back into the fray. If space allows he will cast a spell or attack the creature.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

move into the room. Try to position Leo for casting burning hands spell. I know it does cold damage but WTF. If he cannot position himself for the spell without including his allies, Leonidas will attack the creature with his Falcata with a risky strike.
    to hit - (1d20+5)[14]
    to dam - (1d8+7)[9]
    Prepare to use his panache deed :Dodging Panache, should he be attacked.

15. - Top - End - #135

R2T20: Leonidas smiles and pats Ved on the shoulder in appreciation before dashing back into the fray, getting right up to the creepy floating mass and striking it as hard as he can with his falcata for 4 mod.

R2T16: Scathe smiles, dropping his bastard sword to the ground in a clatter. He thrusts his hand into the cloudy mass, as dark energies roll out of him into it to corrupt it for 3 NE (negative energy).

R2T13: Saiden, you take 2 bleed. What do you do?

Vampiric mist on deck, Ved in the hole ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden gritted her teeth against the amorphous leech that drew from her a bodily humor that ran most strong in her ancestry - blood.

"Wretched fiend!" the Aasimir hissed under her breath as she withdrew her blade from its sheath and struck at the creature once more.

ooc:

Spoiler
    Show
    Stance: Scarlet Einhander
    AC: 19 (11 Touch, 18 Flat-footed)

Swift Action: Using Mithral Current Style to Feint the Vampire Mist as a Swift Action.
    --> Feint: (1d20+7)[19] vs 10 + BAB + Wis Mod (-4 penalty for performing feint against non-humanoid already factored).

Standard Action: Attack: (1D20+8)[22]
    ---> Damage: (1D8)[5] + (1D6)[3] + 4 = 12

I couldn't find where her randomly determined maneuvers where, so I don't know if she has Flowing Wake or not. If she does, she'll use it if the Vampire Mist attacks. If she doesn't, then discard this.

Counter: Flowing Wake: (1D20+11)[18] vs Target To Hit roll.

Move Action: Sheath weapon.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-02-02 at 10:04 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

17. - Top - End - #137

R2T13: Saiden gritted her teeth against the amorphous leech that drew from her a bodily humor that ran most strong in her ancestry - blood.

"Wretched fiend!" the aasimar hissed under her breath as she stepped forward, withdrew her blade from its sheath, and struck at the creature once more, hitting it for no damage before sheathing her blade again.

R2T12: Deprived of its beautiful darkness, the vampiric mist recoils in unknown emotions/ thought processes to move forward and siphon blood out of Kel's rump (she was facing the podium) for 1 CON (and 1d6 bleed).

R2T10: Ved, what do you do? You actually partly see the vampiric mist now.

Imogen/ Kyr on deck, Kel in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-02-02 at 11:54 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

"There is no way that I can keep up with this thing just healing everyone. We need to put it down, quickly then I'll do what I can to patch everyone back together." Ved says, moving into the room to where he can get a clear line of sight/fire to the Mist. He then drops the illuminated arrow at his feet and nocks another standard arrow. As Ved draws back his bow it is engulfed in an unholy divine light which pulses into the arrow as he fires.

Show
    Move : 15ish feet from mist with clear line of sight.
    Swift : envoke Judgment (Smite) - Weapons are Magical
    Attack : (1d20+6)[25] Damage :(1d8)[5]
    Last edited by Ahus; 2021-02-03 at 09:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

R2T10: "There is no way that I can keep up with this thing just healing everyone. We need to put it down, quickly, then I'll do what I can to patch everyone back together." Ved says, moving into the room to where he can get a clear line of sight/fire to the Mist. He then drops the illuminated arrow at his feet and nocks another standard arrow. As Ved draws back his bow it is engulfed in an unholy divine light which pulses into the arrow as he fires, glomming right into the thing for 5, and blood spattering on the deck.

R2T7: Imogen, what do you do?

Kyr on deck, Kel in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

Imogen dashes past the podium to the right of the mist, reaching out with her limited magical ability to form a connection between her and it. "If anybody has a way to set this thing on fire, now's the time. I'm not sure we can hurt it otherwise."

She puts her guard up and lashes out with a dagger, expecting to distract the mist more than anything.

Show
    +2 Dodge AC, -4 AB until next turn from Fighting Defensively. +2 Dodge AC from stance
    Dark Claim on the mist. -1 to its attack rolls (Dark Authority)
    AB with dagger after penalty = +5
    Total AC = 21
    Touch AC = 18.

21. - Top - End - #141

R2T7: Imogen dashes past the podium to the right of the mist, reaching out with her limited magical ability to form a connection between her and it. "If anybody has a way to set this thing on fire, now's the time. I'm not sure we can hurt it otherwise."

She puts her guard up and lashes out with a dagger, expecting to distract the mist more than anything.

Meanwhile, Kyr flies past the vampiric mist, slashing it for 1 mod, but the mist strikes it back in response for 2 CON (+1d6 Bleed) and in doing so regained 7 blood siphon healing.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T21:
    Kel takes 1 bleed. She uses full power in the spiked chain for 8 mod before stepping back.

R3T20: Leonidas, you are set to use dodging panache if attacked. What do you do?

Scathe on deck, Saiden (bleeding) in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas slashes with his sword and then steps to his right (South).
    “Don’t Box me in you lot! I need room to move.”
    Show

Show
    Attack with Falcata. Risky strike
    to hit - (1d20+5)[12]
    to dam - (1d8+7)[12]
    spend 1 panache for dodging panache

23. - Top - End - #143

R3T20: Leonidas slashes with his sword and then steps to his right. Luckily, Imogen is there on the other side to distract it and the heavy falcata cuts through the mist for 7 mod. “Don’t box me in, you lot! I need room to move.”

R3T16: Scathe steps into the void created by Leonidas, likewise taking advantage of Imogen's distraction to reach into the mist and cause corrupting damage for 2 NE.

R3T13: Saiden, you take 3 bleed. What do you do?

Vampiric mist on deck, Ved in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Glaring at this wicked cloud that refused to die, Saiden pointed her blade in its direction and spoke to the souls of her fellows.

"Come'on and at it, lads!" she encouraged her sonorous voice taking on an assuring quality when raised in a fight.

"Not going to let a cloud beat us will ye?"

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Swift Action: Boost: Encouraging Roar. All allies within 30 feet get +2 to Hit and Damage as a Morale bonus.

Standard Action: Casting Moment of Greatness, which doubles all Morale bonuses for one roll, so they can turn the +2 to Hit into +4 or +2 to damage into +4 damage.

Immediate Action: If Saiden gets attacked by the Mist, she will roll Flowing Creek: (1d20+11)[17] vs Mists Attack Roll.

Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-02-08 at 06:06 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

R3T13: Glaring at this wicked cloud that refused to die, Saiden pointed her blade in its direction and spoke to the souls of her fellows. "Come' on and at it, lads!" she encouraged her sonorous voice taking on an assuring quality when raised in a fight. "Not going to let a cloud beat us will ye?"

R3T12: The vampiric mist withdraws ..... down. Down through many tiny holes in the floor.

R3T10: Ved, what do you do? Kel, Saiden, and Kyr (the crow) are all bleeding.

Imogen on deck, Kyr in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

"Its gone, let's get out of here before it comes back. " Ved says, before making some arcane gestures. As the door opens on the far side of the room, Ved breaks for the door.

Show
    Cast open/close, to open the door.
    Run for the door as fast as much little blue feet will carry me.

If I have any actions left I'll pull a wand of CLW out once I'm 5' into the hall

27. - Top - End - #147

R3T10: "Its gone, let's get out of here before it comes back. " Ved says, before making some arcane gestures. As the door opens on the far side of the room, Ved breaks for the door and gets just into the hallway there while drawing a wand on the way.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Drawing a "weapon-like object" .... which includes a wand, can be done on the move. However, drawing a wand cannot be performed with Quick Draw, in case anyone reading the spoiler is curious.

R3T7: Imogen, you realize that the mist is just beneath the floor where it went down when your claim ends. Also, Kyr is bleeding. What do you do?

Kyr on deck, Kel in the hole ....
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

Imogen commands Kyr to get behind Ved, and she herself makes a break for the door on the other side of the room, staying in her combat stance just in case the mist re-emerges. She barks to the rest of the party over her shoulder, "It's still under the floor. This is our chance to get out of here. Come on!"

29. - Top - End - #149

R3T7: Imogen commands Kyr to get behind Ved, and she herself makes a break for the door on the other side of the room, staying in her combat stance just in case the mist re-emerges. She barks to the rest of the party over her shoulder, "It's still under the floor. This is our chance to get out of here. Come on!"

Kyr takes 5 bleed, and then flies out to be near Imogen.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T21:
    Kel takes 2 bleed before sailing past the crowd at the door, and heads north a little before stopping and trying to tend to her wound. "I can't stop the blood loss!" she calls frantically.

R4T20: Leonidas, what do you do?

Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Ved yells out in response to Kel, "I Can!"