New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Leonidas moves quickly to follow the group.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden hisses under her breath and glowers at the vent through which the wretched cloud escaped.

Next time, she thought to herself, as she moved with the group, making sure to hang near the back and with her eye upon the vaporous menace to ensure it did not get the jump on anyone else.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Ved yells out in response to Kel, "I Can!"

R4T20: Leonidas moves quickly to follow the group.

R4T16: Scathe picks up his bastard sword and follows as well.

R4T13: Saiden takes 2 bleed. Saiden hisses under her breath and glowers at the vent through which the wretched cloud escaped. Next time, she thought to herself, as she moved with the group, making sure to hang near the back and with her eye upon the vaporous menace to ensure it did not get the jump on anyone else.

R4T10: Ved, what do you do? Bow in one hand, wand lf CLW in the other. Your light arrow left behind, so no longer an effective source of light for you, and Ved's voice several feet to the north out of your ability to see.

Imogen on deck, Kyr in the hole ..
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ved sensing the supernatural bond that the Raven has with its master, in a way that hopes to someday have, activates the wand and touches Kyr with it.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    CLW on Kyr for (1d8+1)[4]
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

5. - Top - End - #155

R4T10: Ved senses the supernatural bond that the raven has with its master, in a way that hopes to someday have. He activates the wand and touches Kyr with it for 4 healing, which also stops the bleeding.

R4T7: Imogen, despite two humanoid allies bleeding out, it is interesting to note that Ved healed your bleeding raven first. It could be as simple as convenience of location. Anyway, what do you do?

Kyr on deck, Kel in the hole (Kel and Saiden are still bleeding) ...
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

"Kel!" Imogen says. "Get back over here so Ved can staunch you!" Imogen stays in her combat stance, prepared to fight in case the mist re-appears.

Show
    Imogen will use the Half-Gone counter if she is attacked and stays in both Defensive Stance and Leaping Spirit Dance.

7. - Top - End - #157

R4T7: "Kel!" Imogen says. "Get back over here so Ved can staunch you!" Imogen stays in her combat stance, prepared to fight in case the mist re-appears. Kyr settles to ground by Imogen, but is very wary (like its mistress).

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T21:
    Kel takes 1 bleed, but a second later calls out, "No, I'm good. I just stopped it. Protecting us from the dark. Passage goes north and turns east. Somebody shut the door to the dark-room!"

R5T20: Leonidas, what do you do? Saiden is still bleeding, and you have the party's only currently active light source (as Ved's light arrow is on the western floor of the room).

Scathe on deck, Saiden in the hole ...
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Not having any lernin in the ways of fixing ouches or magic vampire cloud bites, Leonidas instead readies to close the door to the dark room once everyone is out.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

ready an action to move to the hallway and close the door behind him once everyone is out and there is room for him.

9. - Top - End - #159

R5T20: Not having any larnin' in the ways of fixing ouches or magic vampire cloud bites, Leonidas instead readies to close the door to the dark room once everyone is out.

R5T16: Scathe thinks for a second, sheathes his bastard sword, and then walks over to the lit arrow. "No need for blue bird to waste a perfectly good arrow."

R5T13: Saiden, you take 4 bleed. What do you do?

Ved on deck, Imogen in the hole ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden is the last one out of the room, her front facing it and walking backwards to ensure everyone gets out - which they do.

Stepping through the portal, the Aasimir turns about and brings her spare left hand up before her. The appendage glows with an inner light as she presses to herself to relieve the annoying wound.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action: moving through the door.

Standard action; Casting 'Cure light wounds' on myself, which also stops bleeding. (1d8+3)[9]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #161

R5T13: Saiden is the last one out of the room, her front facing it and walking backwards to ensure everyone gets out - which they do. Stepping through the portal, the Aasimir turns about and brings her spare left hand up before her. The appendage glows with an inner light as she presses to herself to relieve the annoying wound for 9. The bleeding has stopped, much of her wounding is gone, and the pain she felt from before (i.e. NL damage) is completely mitigated. She is still hurt ... but only a little now.

R510: Ved, nobody is bleeding now. What do you do?

Imogen on deck, Kyr in the hole ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Lightbulb Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Ved weaves the wand back into the leather lacing on his right hip, and checks to see that it is secure. Then drawing another arrow from his quiver and illuminating its tip, he moves carefully further into the hallway.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2021-02-12 at 10:40 AM.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

13. - Top - End - #163

R5T10: Ved weaves the wand back into the leather lacing on his right hip, and checks to see that it is secure. Then drawing another arrow from his quiver and illuminating its tip, he moves carefully further into the hallway. Of course, as soon as that arrow is lit, the one in the room goes out. Luckily, Scathe seems to be comfortable in the dark and Leonidas is by the door so other than a dark room where the creepy vampiric mist is hiding under the floor somewhere, it is just a sudden sensory jolt, is all.

Combat Ends ...

Scathe will get the arrow and give it back to Ved, people will clear the room, and then everyone will be in the hallway.

The hallway goes north 55' and then turns east, no doors beyond the one you just closed. Anyone muck around in the hall for anything, or head north and east?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden moves herself and prepares to be second in line to move forward. She will not take point, as it is not her forte to spot hidden dangers and traps. There were others who were better equipped for such detection.

"Everyone fine?" she asked with her sonorous voice to all those as she moved and readied herself to advance.

15. - Top - End - #165

The party advances north along the hallway's 50'/60' length before turning east for the remaining east until there is a door. As expected, there is an inscription:

The chosen are revealed by their might.
    The weak deserve no sympathy.

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden looked at the plaque with a click of her lips.

"Might makes right, essentially," she uttered quietly to herself.

"I've seen it on the battlefield before: the weak are broken by its violence. I wonder what type of "might" this next chamber will favour? Keep your wits about you, for if the prior area's are anything to go by, it will be the might of the mind."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-02-19 at 01:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

The front line is shared by Scathe and Imogen. Not noticing any traps, Scathe shows his hands occupied with bastard sword and shield, and looks at Imogen expectantly (to open the door).

Imogen?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

"I'd prefer might might, actually," says Imogen. "It would be a nice change of pace. I haven't stabbed anything for a while." Imogen puts her off-hand dagger away, then opens the door.

19. - Top - End - #169

"You know I could have just, whatever." Ved says whilst moving up the ranks to look into the room.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2021-02-19 at 08:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Surprise Round ...

S20:
    Just as Ved goes strolling on in, something zips down from the northwest corner. Ved actually just barely noticed it, but didn't have time to react before it charges him and he feels a stabbing pain in his foot for 5. It bit him right on the top of the foot where the lesser return vein feeds from the foot back to the rest of his body. A body that is now starting to feel sluggish.

S14: Ved was just about to react, but is a little more sluggish than expected, when another one of the things zoom at him. Oddly, his sluggish step is what throws off the bite of the second assailant.

S12: Ved, you are feeling sluggish. Worse, you know that sometime of poison is doing it. Roll a Fort save vs. poison. Regardless of the save, what does Ved do?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171

Ved fights through the pain of the poison, his surprise at the arrival fading with the pain. Instinctively Ved's free hand swirls in an arcane gesture, and with a bold statement, a wave of color washes over his attackers.

Show
    Fort:(1d20+4)[13]
    Concentration to cast Defensively: (1d20+12)[25]
    Cast "Color Spray" Will DC 16 or
    "2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round"

22. - Top - End - #172

S12: Ved fights through the pain of the poison, his surprise at the arrival fading with the pain. Instinctively, Ved's free hand swirls in an arcane gesture, and with a bold statement, a wave of color washes over his attackers.

End Surprise Round, Begin Round One ...

R1T28:
    Leonidas, you see ... two somethings, but not really well ... and Ved casting color spray. What do you do?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas sheathes his Falcata and readies his bow.
    “Move in ya lot!”

24. - Top - End - #174

R1T28: Leonidas sheathes his Falcata and readies his bow. “Move in ya lot!”

R1T24: Imogen, what do you do? What do you have Kyr do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-02-20 at 02:17 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Imogen draws her second dagger again, leaping over the closest snake while it's distracted with Ved. She drives the blade down into it as she lands in a combat stance. In midair, she instructs Kyr strafe the same snake with cursed talons.

Show
    Imogen will attempt an Acrobatics check to get behind the snake without provoking an AoO and enter Touch of the Witch just before she attacks. Kyr will attack the snake with Mockery, resulting in a Gloom on Imogen.

26. - Top - End - #176

R1T24: Imogen draws her second dagger again, leaping over the closest snake while it's distracted with Ved. She drives the blade down into it (10 mod) as she lands in a combat stance. In midair, she instructs Kyr strafe the same snake with cursed talons. As Kyr does so, the one attacked snaps at him even as Kyr's talons slam hard against it with a metal clang but don't penetrate. As Kyr continues, the other one snaps at Kyr to hit him in the outer tip of the right wing for 2.
    Spoiler: Kyr >>> Imogen
    Show
    "The tip of my wing tingles. Poison, but it is too far out to really effect me."
    Even though Kyr missed, despite what appeared to be a good attack that was rebuffed by what seem to be metallic scales, there is a strange .... something, almost shadow-like, but not actually affecting lighting .... surrounding Imogen.

R1T22: Lit by one of those ceiling lanterns, the snakes appear to be some type of hooded snake whose scales glint and shimmer brightly as from the finest polished steel or silver. It was a little off-balance from when it attacked Ved but recovers. It spins around and bites Imogen in her left forearm with an incredibly powerful bite (6). The bite threatens to numb her arm, but she was warned of the poison and Imogen quickly sucks blood at the wound and spits it out. Strangely, even though any simple animal would know when it is surrounded and would likely have moved a little, this is truly a dumb animal that doesn't even respond to being flanked.

R1T21: "What kind of snake is this?!" Scathe mutters with equal parts admiration and annoyance. He makes a calculated and dangerous decision and moves past Ved, to which the snakes do not respond much to his movement, and gets into position with Imogen. Seeing how the scales gave Kyr's talons trouble, he goes for precision over power with his bastard sword, but then ends up missing wildly.

R1T20: Saiden, what do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-02-24 at 04:30 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Glaring suspiciously at the metallic snakes, Saiden stays in position and withdraws her blade - the weapon flashing out with a hiss of silver as it strikes the metallic serpent.

ooc:

Spoiler
    Show
    Stance: Reaching Blade Stance (+5 feet to first attack, +1d6 damage)
    AC: 17

Standard Action: Swift Current - unsheathing during attack so opponent is flat-footed. Going for what looks like a blue snake on the map. With Reaching Blade Stance she has 10 foot reach for her first attack.

Attack: (1D20+8)[16] + 2 for attacking from the flank possible, for 18 total (maybe, your call)
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8] + (1D6)[6] + (1D6)[6] = 20

---> If she is directly attacked, Saiden will perform Flowing Creek: (1D20+11)[16] vs enemy attack.

---> Attack of Opportunity Roll, if one is needed this round: To Hit: (1D20+8)[21], Damage: (1d8+3)[6] + (1D6)[6]
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-02-25 at 10:05 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

R1T20: Glaring suspiciously at the metallic snakes, Saiden stays in position and withdraws her blade, the weapon flashing out with a hiss of silver as it strikes the metallic serpent, bouncing off with a noticeable clanging sound (it was the red that was closest .... 10' from her).

R1T14: The metal snake rights itself post-charge to spin and bite at Scathe.

R1T12: Ved, what do you do in your sluggish state with bow in hand but threatened by two of these unknown metal snakes?

Kel on deck, Leonidas in the hole ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

Ved disappears from the point adjacent to the pair of snakes, reappearing immediately behind Saiden. Ved pauses for a moment to consider the snakes, before drawing his bow he fires past Saiden at the Red snake.

Spoiler: crunch
    Show
    Dimensional Slide to the space diagonally behind Saiden.
    Attack = (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage = (1d8)[7]

Knowledge = (1d20)[4] + 14,15,16 depending on the type, dungeoneering, religion, or Arcana/Planes respectively (18,19,20 total).
    Then tell the group if I figure anything useful.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2021-02-26 at 03:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

R1T12: Ved disappears from the point adjacent to the pair of snakes, reappearing immediately behind Saiden. Ved pauses for a moment to consider the snakes, before drawing his bow he fires past Saiden at the Red snake, with his arrow skipping on the stones of the floor to go to the other side of the room. "Variant on a steel cobra!" he calls out. "Mithral, maybe. But it's a construct, which is why it is too stupid to realize it is in danger being flanked."

R1T7: Kel shakes her head. "Great. Can't stun it. Then hit it hard, people!" she says as she springs into position carefully and winds for a powerful axe kick that misses (red).

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T28:
    Leonidas, you have your bow in hand. What do you do?

Imogen/Kyr on deck, red mithral cobra in the hole ....
    Show