New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

[QUOTE=lostsole31;24986555]R1T27: “Fudge!” ... only Leonidas doesn’t say fudge. He grabs the ioun stone to deactivate it and drops the coin back in his belt pouch, instantly darkening the room beyond (but not the hallway, courtesy of Ved's arrow). He whispers something, but considering the loud noise, what he whispered is unknown.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

R1T21: Scathe disappears into the darkness of the room. There's a sickening wet crunching sound followed by some type of thick, heavy plop.

R1T13: "Leo!" Imogen rasps over the screeching. She feels her way along the wall, heading in the direction she thinks is south. "I think it can still see you! Get out of the light!"

As she feels her way along, she gets to (and slightly past, but inclusive in the square where she stops after a double-move) a door to the west.

R1T9: Saiden, what do you do? You have nothing in hand right now.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saidens grits her teeth as the screech claws at her skull. From what she has observed and given the lesson of the room mural, she believed that their detection was causing the ultra-sonic reaction.

Reaching one strong arm out, she grabbed Leonidus by the scruff of his collar and yanked him out of the doorway.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #243

R1T9: Saidens grits her teeth as the screech claws at her skull. From what she has observed and given the lesson of the room mural, she believed that their detection was causing the ultra-sonic reaction.

She moves forwardReaching one strong arm out, she grabbed Leonidas by the scruff of his collar and yanked him out of the doorway. He was still somewhat "in line" with the doorway, but no longer right AT the doorway. He is also still lit up by Ved as well.

R1T8: Kel surprises Ved as she brings her spiked chain down to snap the light arrow, destroying it and extinguishing the light, which in turn douses all light in the hallway and that can be seen from inside the chamber as well.

R1T7: Ved, with Kel destroying your light -arrow, you are now in darkness, with the ear-piercing noise going. It's impossible to do anything more than shout loudly if you want to communicate. What do you do?
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ved moves back down the hallway toward the previous room, drawing another arrow.
    Spoiler: Any allies Ved can see (but given the darkness)
    Show

Get the mental impression that Ved says, "Patience, let's us regroupin the previous chamber"

Curnch =Bonded mind +Solo Tactics

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

5. - Top - End - #245

R1T7: Ved stumbles back down the hallway, out of sight as he moves north along the previous hallway, drawing an arrow as he goes. It is pitch black, so he can't see anyone with whom to communicate.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T27:
    Leonidas, it is now pitch black. You have your light coin in the pouch, and ioun torch extinguished in hand. Saiden had moved you directly back from the doorway. What do you do?

Scathe on deck, Imogen in the hole ...
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas feels his way down the corridor until he turns the corner. He opens his belt pouch once he reaches his destination to provide a dim light.
    ”Bloody Hell,” he hisses .

7. - Top - End - #247

R2T27: Leonidas feels his way down the corridor until he turns the corner, but that took more trouble and time than expected to fumble past Saiden, then Kel, to the corner and around the corner for him to have time to take out the light. He hisses something, but nobody hears quite what.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*!*
    And finally the loud piercing sound is heard no more.

R2T21: Scathe calls out for everyone to hear, "It's okay. I killed some plant thing that was making the noise. It just took a few extra seconds to finally stop!"

R2T13: Imogen, you and Kyr are now plunged into truly pitch black darkness. You are currently adjacent to a thick wooden door on the western wall of the chamber you found yourself in. What do you do?

Saiden on deck, Kel in the hole ....
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Halfling in the Playground

Imogen doesn't move. She raises her voice, just shy of a shout but loud enough to be heard by Scathe, at the very least.

"I found a door on the west wall. About thirty feet south or so. Can you see me, Scathe? Anything creeping toward me I should know about?"

9. - Top - End - #249

R2T13: Imogen doesn't move. She raises her voice, just shy of a shout but loud enough to be heard by Scathe, at the very least. "I found a door on the west wall. About thirty feet south or so. Can you see me, Scathe? Anything creeping toward me I should know about?"

R2T12: Kyr gives out a desperate warning: "CAW-CAW-CAW!"

Scathe yells out, "Bogey to west!"

"Dungheap!" Imogen curses.

R2T9: Saiden, what do you do?

Kel on deck, Ved in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-03-29 at 10:06 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250

"Dungheap!" Imogen curses.

11. - Top - End - #251

The loud noise stopping and, hopefully, hearing Scathe yell out, Ved stops in the hall and considers his options for a moment.
    He then illuminates another arrow, keeping the light partially hidden in his clothes. With just enough light to move confidently through the hall Ved moves back to the doorway and peaks around the corner. Trying to stay as concealed as possible.

Spoiler: crunch
    Show
    cast light on another arrowhead.
    Stealth +7 and Perception +10 at the doorway,
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As Saiden was able to see in the dark, when she heard Scathe call out the warning she turned and moved towards the new enemy on a path of interception.

Her hand on the hilt of her weapon and ready to draw it at a moments notice, she moved West towards the direction indicated by Scathe and would attack it if she saw their new foe. If not, she would place herself between the enemy combatant and the rest of the team.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

13. - Top - End - #253

R2T9: As Saiden was able to see in the dark, when she heard Scathe call out the warning she turned and moved towards the new enemy on a path of interception. Her hand on the hilt of her weapon and ready to draw it at a moments notice, she moved west towards the direction indicated by Scathe. Seeing a man in leather with a greataxe looming over Imogen, she closes and brings forth her iron wake against it but the man blocks solidly with his axe, apparently able to see in the dark as well as she. Saiden maintained her close position, using her sword and profiling her body to protect herself.
    Spoiler: Saiden
    Show
    In scarlet einhander stance (which requires the sword to be out when started, and stops when sword is sheathed. I figure she is more wary until the nature of the threat is better understood. She used the named maneuver.

R2T8: Kel moves in acrobatically past Saiden and Imogen. She calls out, "Drowned dead, or undead, and all that implies. Tough and powerful." She spins her spiked chain and rips a chunk out of its belly (10 mod). "Resisted some of the blow from my spiked chain, too!"

R2T7: The loud noise stopping and, hopefully, hearing Scathe yell out, Ved stops in the hall and considers his options for a moment. He then illuminates another arrow, keeping the light partially hidden in his clothes. With just enough light to move confidently through the hall Ved moves back to the doorway and peaks around the corner, trying to stay as concealed as possible. He doesn't see anything with his tiny bit of light, but hears the sounds of battle several feet away.
    Spoiler: Ved
    Show
    You have to have some categorical LIGHT though, to move quicky to the doorway (30'), which alone will put a huge hurting on your stealth check. I use a little brighter than a candle ... 5' bright light, 5' dim light (which is 10' for you).

R2T6-5: Two more spooky dudes with big axes come down the hallway. The frist (red) puts power behind its swing to a dodging Kel. The second attacker (brown) does far better as its massive axe comes down on her right shoulder for 13 mod, bringing a loud cry of pain from Kel.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T27:
    Leonidas, your light coin is in your pouch, and ioun torch is in hand. You see some light escaping from Ved in front of the doorway, though you are still in darkness where you are. You think you heard Kel mention drowned dead, but didn't get all of what she said because of distance. You DID hear her cry out in pain. What do you do?

Scathe on deck ....
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-03-31 at 06:04 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas moves up to Ved and activates his ioun torch.
    He surveys the room looking for advantages in the fight.

15. - Top - End - #255

R3T27: Leonidas moves up to Ved and activates his ioun torch. He surveys the room looking for advantages in the fight, but doesn't see anything from this vantage ... he only hears the fight.

R3T21: Scathe calls out, "Ladies, pull back!"

R3T17: Yet a fourth one of these drowned dead enter the hallway.

R3T13: Imogen, what do you do? What do you have Kyr do? You light spilling into the other side of the room (east), but not where you are now. You see nothing of the enemy.

Blue on deck ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

Imogen scrambles toward the light source with Kyr hot on her trail, abandoning all hope of stealth. She can only hope she doesn't take a hit from one of her unseen foes...

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Imogen double moves toward the light source in as straight a line as possible.

17. - Top - End - #257

R3T13-12.9: Imogen scrambles toward the light source with Kyr hot on her trail, abandoning all hope of stealth. She can only hope she doesn't take a hit from one of her unseen foes, and she gets back into the hallway with Ved and Leonidas. Kyr doesn't go past her to get into the corner, but stops in front of her (still in the room), turns around and caws protectively.

R3T12.5: Scathe comes out of delay and goes right to where Imogen had been. He attempts a power strike against blue but is blocked by its axe.

R3T12: Blue then comes in with a power strike of its own that Scathe deflects with his sword.

R3T9: Saiden, what do you do?

Kel on deck, Ved in the hole ...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Saiden narrowed her eyes at the - undead? - things that lumbered forward, their grim hoods obscuring whatever ghastly visage the wretched things called faces. Clasped in their hands, however, was something far less subtle, and the weapons were brought about in arcs. One caught Kel upon her shoulder, bringing from her a screech.

"Get back!" Saiden commanded towards Kel, moving herself in a way as to put herself between the incoming beasts and her retreating team-mates as they fell back to the more defensible position of Leonidus' ioune stone and the valuable light it provided. Saiden fancied her chances against a foe of this calibre. But four of them? Alone, while her compatriots were blinded by the absence of light? She was confident, not stupid.

"Stand fast!" the knight called over her shoulder towards the group, as she backed up to them, blade in hand parrying blows from her assailants.

ooc:

Spoiler
    Show
    Stance: Scarlet Einhander Stance (+2 AC and +1D6 damage)
    AC: 19

Move action: Moving back towards the light with her companions.
    Swift Action: Encouraging Roar - whole party gets +2 to Attack and +2 damage.
    Standard Action: Moment of Greatness - that +2 to Attack roll gets doubled to +4. (I think it has to be the Attack roll as that comes first)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2021-04-05 at 10:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259

R3T9: Saiden narrowed her eyes at the - undead? - things that lumbered forward, their grim hoods obscuring whatever ghastly visage the wretched things called faces. Clasped in their hands, however, was something far less subtle, and the weapons were brought about in arcs. One caught Kel upon her shoulder, bringing from her a screech.

"Get back!" Saiden commanded towards Kel, moving herself in a way as to put herself between the incoming beasts and her retreating team-mates as they fell back to the more defensible position of Leonidas' ioun stone and the valuable light it provided. Saiden fancied her chances against a foe of this calibre. But four of them? Alone, while her compatriots were blinded by the absence of light? She was confident, not stupid.

"Stand fast!" the knight called over her shoulder towards the group, as she backed up to them, blade in hand parrying blows from her assailants. Her blade fails to parry blue, but her armor is true as its axe swing is deflected. Saiden gets right to a spot bathed in the light of Leonidas' ioun torch. She then calls upon Asmodeus in an unknown tongue, and everyone feels something stirring within, but aren't sure what.
    Show
    So, if you want to double the effects of Saiden's encouraging roar if you make any kind of check, let me know. You are the only one that recognized the spell she cast (moment of greatness) and that while it might last a couple of minutes, it is discharged when used. You also know that most of the group probably won't have any idea what Saiden gave them and she didn't say, so it's up to you if you offer some supporting information.

R3T8: Where she had gone for power, now Kel definitely fights for defense. She smacks blue in the groin with her spiked chain for 13, and then just barely manages to get acrobatically away.

R3T7: Ved, neither you nor Leonidas are yet providing a good enough area of light for those in the room. Also, read the above spoiler. What do you do?

Enemies on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260

Ved moves close to the doorway and throws hid illuminated arrow into the room.

Show
    Toss arrow 20' into the room,

If he still has time, shoot at one of the enemies @random Attack: (1d20+3)[18]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[6]

21. - Top - End - #261

R3T7: Ved moves close to the doorway and throws the partially hidden, illuminated arrow into the room.
    Show
    You are throwing an object at a target, even if that target is a square that you try to get it to accurately. That said, from your angle you don't see any enemies, anyway, to have shot at.

R3T6-5: Red moves forward into the space that Kel had just vacated. He crits scathe with a heavy blo to the chest for 19. Brown then moves past its drowned dead allies and in doing so, Scathe tries to attack it but misses. Brown continues around to flanking and its axe takes a bite out of Scathe's right shoulder for 9, this time with a loud cry of suppressed pain from Scathe.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T27:
    Leonidas, ioun torch is in hand, light coin is in pouch, though where you are is dimly light as the only light source is the lit arrow in the room now. You heard Scathe cry out in pain, and you only see a line of allies against the eastern part of the chamber beyond. What do you do?

Green on deck, Imogen/Kyr in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas is effectively blocked in so he grunts, “Here ya great black turkey!”
    and tosses a glowing coin into Kyr’s square.
    Spoiler
    Show

retrieve coin with light spell and toss it into Kyr’s square.
    (1d20+5)[7]

23. - Top - End - #263

R4T27: Leonidas is effectively blocked in so he grunts, “Here ya great black turkey!” and tosses a glowing coin into Kyr’s square, but it hits the square and bounces and rolls to the eastern corner before the wall stops the roll and it falls over.

R4T17: Saiden then sees green move up and past the others - Scathe having already tried to get an AOO previously - and attack, with Scathe just barely ducking and using his bastard sword to guide away the blade.

R4T13/12.9: Imogen, what do you do? What do you ask Kyr to do? You actually saw the one that just moved and attacked (green), and see a faint bit of another (red), as well as Scathe. Also, Saiden's shout charged you with some vigor.

Scathe on deck, Blue in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

R4T13/12.9: Imogen gesture to Kyr and herself and says to Ved, "Healing?" but otherwise delays.

R4T12.5: Scathe fails to fake out blue with blade control and then sends a defensive attack at it and with Saiden's encouragement does 9. Still not enough to bring it down, and Scathe sidesteps to the south.

R4T12: Blue steps right after him but Scathe's defensive stance keeps him protected.

R4T9: Saiden, your encouragement has ended (and nobody had a clue that you cast moment of greatness or even what it gave them [save Ved, but you don't know that]), though MoG has three minutes total. What do you do?

Kel on deck, Ved in the hole, Imogen/Kyr delaying ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Blade in hand, Saiden strdes forward against the closest foe to support her team-mate, her weapon coming about in a glittering arc...

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stance: Scarlet Einhander Stance (+2 AC and +1D6 damage)
    AC: 19

Move Action: Step to Flank Brown.
    Standard Action: Swift Current attack against Brown.
    -- Attack: (1D20+8)[20] (Apply any flanking bonuses she may or may not get)
    -- Damage: (1D8)[3] + (1D6)[4] + (1D6)[5] + 4

Reaction: If Saiden is attacked she will use Flowing Creek to avoid it: (1D20+11)[15]

26. - Top - End - #266

R4T9: Blade in hand, Saiden strdes forward against the closest foe to support her team-mate, her weapon coming about in a glittering arc that slashes the monster across the belly for 15.

R4T8: Kel steps a few feet south, sends three shuriken speeding out that hit brown with power for 3 mod, no damage (but seemingly having penetrated its skin), and 2 mod. She harrumphs and calls out, "They're resistant to piercing!"

R4T7: Ved, what do you do? Imogen was asking for healing.

Enemies on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

"Well, then I guess my bow is likely not going to be terribly effective." Ved replies to Kel while moving toward Imogen. Placing his hands on her Ved will intone a prayer, then move into the room.

Show
    Cast Cure Light Wounds on Imogen for (1d8+3)[5]

Move into the room along the wall opposite from the monsters, ~10' from the north wall, with line of sight around the Plant thing.

28. - Top - End - #268

R4T7: "Well, then I guess my bow is likely not going to be terribly effective," Ved replies to Kel while moving toward Imogen. Placing his hands on her Ved will intone a prayer (5 healing), then move into the room. Meanwhile, there is a large, overall purple stalk that was severed by something sharp, and a semi-squashed cap on the ground that caved in where it fell. This mushroom would have been nearly as large as a man before its destruction. Ved realizes from seeing it and the noise before that this must have been a "shrieker," a type of purple fungus that emits a high-pitched alarum when disturbed by light or nearby movement.

R4T6-5: Red moves in to try to get to Scathe, as it passes by blue, hacks it in the chest for 13. Then Saiden also attacks it but it ducks out of the way of her blow, but its complex movement in trying to do that has it fumble its swing at Scathe. Brown notices the problem Red is in, but seeing his position, steps five feet to flank Scathe and brings its axe down but Scathe does something like a volte but as a defense .... which for a bastard sword and shield is much more impressive seeing it done ... rather than with small sword, which is more common.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T27:
    Leonidas, okay, so your bow isn't going to be much help. The battle also still isn't taking place in an area where he can see. What do you do?

Green on deck, Scathe in the hole, Imogen/ Kyr delaying ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leo will stow his bow and draw his Falcata.

30. - Top - End - #270

R5T27: Leonidas stows his bow and draws his falcata.

R5T17: Green steps north of Saiden and overcompensates with a power-swing against her.

R5T12.5: Scathe steps into the corner where he can no longer be flanked, and maintaining a defensive stance, grazes Red's upper right arm for 5.

R5T12: Blue steps into flank with green and does a power strike against Saiden's breastplate.

R5T9: Saiden, you are being flanked. What do you do?

Kel on deck, Ved in the hole, Imogen/ Kyr delaying ...
    Show