Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 405

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I think it was talked about early in development, but cut out years ago because they wanted to focus on a single perspective.

    Which is born out by just how... Uncanny the 3rd person animations are. Melee in particular is comical.
    You don't even need to get into melee. V's run cycle visible from their shadow is nightmarish.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    V's run cycle visible from their shadow is nightmarish.
    Aw, I think it cute. It reminds me of the animations of the Google Deepmind AI learning how to walk...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Yes, there are. Unfortunately, they're random drops.

    YES, you can buy things at a store, but ... preview isn't much of a thing before you buy, and the clothing is easily several hundred a piece.
    I just buy mods at clothing stores since hard to get clothing mods other ways.
    Now all my falls are silent.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    So legendary short circuit is stupidly broken as is. All my crits now trigger a level 1 short circuit effect. But Iím a full netrunner with max Int and Cool. So my guns are basically doing more damage than my Gun focussed guy is because even a level 1 system shock is stupidly strong as a full netrunner. Iím using a legendary assault rifle I bought (one of the three round burst ones) and I havenít found anything except cyberpsychos or other bosses that donít die in on 3 round burst. Most people will die to a single bullet of the burst if it crits (crit rate is at around 80% too). I donít even have to bother netrunning anymore, itís faster to just run in and shoot everyone.

    Going to try the secret ending mission later. Donít expect it to be too challenging with this build but maybe itíll surprise me.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground
     
    thethird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    So legendary short circuit is stupidly broken as is. All my crits now trigger a level 1 short circuit effect. But Iím a full netrunner with max Int and Cool. So my guns are basically doing more damage than my Gun focussed guy is because even a level 1 system shock is stupidly strong as a full netrunner. Iím using a legendary assault rifle I bought (one of the three round burst ones) and I havenít found anything except cyberpsychos or other bosses that donít die in on 3 round burst. Most people will die to a single bullet of the burst if it crits (crit rate is at around 80% too). I donít even have to bother netrunning anymore, itís faster to just run in and shoot everyone.

    Going to try the secret ending mission later. Donít expect it to be too challenging with this build but maybe itíll surprise me.
    I have a revolver that always crits, 100% crit, point the revolver at people they die, one shot. Cyberpsychos though... they get the reset system treatment, from sneak, pinging them and hitting them from behind a wall.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    I have a revolver that always crits, 100% crit, point the revolver at people they die, one shot. Cyberpsychos though... they get the reset system treatment, from sneak, pinging them and hitting them from behind a wall.
    Tech sniper rifle, +1.1 scope, full charge, Engineering maxed to make tech weapons nasty, headshot, from stealth. Ping, mark, aim through wall. Pew.

    Restarted the run from the beginning cause it got boring.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    My preferred build is what I call the Shock Samurai:
    7 Body: Gets me the athletic perks to regen to 100% passively. Meds are cheap but they're annoying when you have to use one over every stubbed toe.
    16 Reflexes: All three trees are really handy, allowing me to use whatever I feel like for certain missions: Legendary Cyberdeck or Vik's Legendary Sandevistan .
    18 Tech: 12 is only needed for Epic Armadillo mods, but a legendary iconic is very nice.
    10 Intelligence: Enough to hack the access points in the downtown to get legendary quick hacks. Takes some save scumming, but better that than wasting another 10 in Int.
    16 Cool: Stealth is handy, but cold blood is deadly. Rank 15 Cold Blood is a second base +10% to crit chance, too.

    That leaves me still sitting on 4 points, but I'm not sure what to cap out. (Hit level 50, still not sure what to do with those 4 points...)

    Result:
    * Legendary clothes + level-relevant armadillos = Ungodly armor and effective immortality to anything but melee and mines.
    * 100% crit chance Satori (not hard to do) + Legendary Short Circuit = Incredible damage (Decent base damage + 500% Crit Damage + Base Short Circuit on every strike)
    * Legendary Ping + Threat Detector (Eye Mod) + Legendary Quick Hacks = Able to hack anyone regardless of obstacles if you either ping them or they become aware of you. Go silent, or non-lethal, or scream havoc at your discretion.
    * Legendary Ping + Threat Detector (Eye Mod) + Tech Weapons (Breakthrough or Comrade's Hammer) = Snipe everything in a stronghold without entering the building.
    * Grand Finale (Handgun Perk) + Wild West (Handgun Perk) + Comrade's Hammer = Handgun with the accuracy and range of a sniper rifle, fires through walls with no charge, has a nasty AoE on impact, and does absurd damage.
    * Enough of every stat to make use of a wide array of solutions.

    Final Result:
    A swiss army knife that has solutions to pretty much every problem but can happily just cut loose and walk into a room with a katana and a smile and walk out effectively unscathed after a few very bloody minutes. Focus on Int first, and grab the Satori during the Heist and you can get to rank 9 or 10 access point in 7th Hell or the Media Suicide quests in the Downtown region within minutes of waking up in Act 2. A little save scumming nets you Legendary Short Circuit and it's comically unfair from there forward. It's served as my perfect "completionist" run to see as many endings in one save as possible and squeeze every ounce of enojoyment I can from the game until such time as this game officially goes either the way of No Man's Sky and Final Fantasy XIV, or the way of Anthem.

    This game is very, very much like Skyrim or Final Fantasy Tactics or Baldur's Gate 2 or any number of my favorite games. It's buggy, unpolished, and unbalanced as hell, but that turns it into a playground to make sport of bending the game to the extent of making origami structures out of it. Combat is fun and varied, stories and characters can sometimes be even more so. Hate the cars but LOVE the motorcycles. It's not what it was advertised to be, but I have unquestionably gotten my money's worth out of it. (Played on PC with a moderately hefty rig.)
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2021-01-12 at 02:10 PM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

    1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    but that turns it into a playground to make sport of bending the game to the extent of making origami structures out of it. Combat is fun and varied, stories and characters can sometimes be even more so
    And when you have the 'background' conversation options involved, they can get really silly.

    Hate the cars but LOVE the motorcycles.
    Motorcycles are definitely fun. I don't mind the cars ... except for those blasted races. Talk about annoying when a several thousand pound rig hits a tiny bump in the terrain and acts like a superball.

    It's not what it was advertised to be, but I have unquestionably gotten my money's worth out of it. (Played on PC with a moderately hefty rig.)
    Eh, given CDPR's media machine, particularly when it was clear the spokespeople were hiding things, I stopped paying attention to their advertisement and just went in expecting a Witcher 3 clone, only set in a cyberpunk universe rather than Witcher universe.

    And we're still getting Roach bugs with vehicle spawns.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    The Javelina car handles probably the best in the game but the bikes are definitely WAY better for city driving. Being able to ignore traffic is the best part of the bikes.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Fun tidbit: Right near the travel point for All Foods, there's a garage with a green itsunade (motorcycle with a demon/goblin mask on the front). It's part of an unusually unmarked quest you can start in Arroyo (about tracking down the owner of a junked bike for her boyfriend), but you don't need to do the quest at all to get the motorcycle. All you have to do is enter the code (0214) into the keypad and claim it.

    The best part is that, since this is in Watson, you can get it the second you wake up after the Dorsett (prologue) mission, before taking getting your car from Jackie. It's really handy to have a motorcycle in Act 1.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

    1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UTC -6

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    You can also just lift a bike (or a sports car with garish livery, etc.) off of street corner gangoons, it's just not saved as "yours" so you can't call it in from wherever you want.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    You can also just lift a bike (or a sports car with garish livery, etc.) off of street corner gangoons, it's just not saved as "yours" so you can't call it in from wherever you want.
    Oh, true. There's nothing quite as satisfying as clearing out a gang fight and then picking one ride out of the assembled collection to take you to the next job*. Still, having an Itsunade on call should all the gangers have the poor taste to be pedestrians is handy, especially given that there aren't nearly enough bikes to jack otherwise.

    *My family has always held as gospel that stolen french fries taste the best. Apparently this applies to motorcycles as well, who knew?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

    1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rynjin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    As far as motorcycles go, is there one better than Jackie's Arch?

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    As far as motorcycles go, is there one better than Jackie's Arch?
    It's based on brand, not model. It doesn't matter if it's Jackie's Arch, Jackie's Tuned Arch, the Arch Nazarre, or the Arch Itsumade, an Arch tops out at 175. The Apollos (including the Scorpion) cap out at 138. The Kusanagi blows them all away at 190, which is nice because the Kusanagi is cheap (22k), available early (SC 12), and modeled after Kaneda's bike in Akira. I like the handling on all of them, though the slower bikes do seem to handle a little better.

    Emotionally, the Tuned Arch is probably my favorite, because it clearly and simply demonstrates how much V's opinion matters to Jackie. He's so proud of that bike, and a tech-focused Nomad V just verbally dismantles it. It seems Jack dismisses the commentary, but then... V notes that every suggestion they made to him was implemented in heartbreakingly short order. (Outside of a slightly modified model, however, Jackie's Arch is functionally identical to the tuned Arch.)

    When I'm stealing a bike from the aftermath of a gang massacre, though? It's always going to be a Kusanagi if I can get it.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

    1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    I actually find the Kusanagi handles better than Jackieís bike anyways. Thereís no reason not to buy it early particularly with how cheap it is.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground
     
    druid91's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Honestly, my favorite car is the Emperor Ragnar. It's not the fastest, but it handles better than most of the others.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

    Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

    Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

    Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Out of curiosity, I'd like your takes on the endings (spoilers, of course):

    Spoiler: Endings, Summed Up
    Show
    There are five basic endings to the game, based on the decisions you make after the clearly labeled "Point of No Return".

    Path of Least Resistance: Suicide. You're dead. That's it. Everyone who cares about you are wrecked by the news and leave their last messages in the credits.

    The Devil: Side with Hanako Arasaka. You raid the Arasaka estate to rescue her, then go to a board meeting to have Yorinobu legally kicked out. They cut the Biochip out of you, but what wakes up afterwards feels like a hollow shell that spends its days on a space station being experimented on. Ultimately, it's revealed that your body is still dying and you have the choice of spending your last days in Night City or voluntarily putting yourself under Soulkiller and having your mind placed in Mikoshi until a suitable body can be procured. Meanwhile, you learn that Hellman used his knowledge of your experience to transfer Saburo's engram into Yorinobu's body and the newly reborn Saburo is quickly securing peace and dominance despite public outcry against him. In the credits, Misty reads your fortune and claims all the cards drawn are horrible. Only disaster is on your path.

    The Star (Requires Panam quest complete): You turn to Panam to get to Mikoshi and the Aldecados take you in as a member of the family. You raid a NightCorp/Militech facility to steal an industrial drill to dig into Arasaka's basement. Several prominent Aldecados die during the raid, but you, Panam, and Saul make it into the facility. Adam Smasher kills Saul, but you and Panam reach Mikoshi. Johnny is removed, but V is still going to die in 6 months. You leave Night City with Panam and the Aldecados, who stole enough corp tech during the raid to make it both very costly and extremely profitable, and start anew in Arizona. V notes that Vik's Omega Blocker medication is much more effective without Johnny and the Aldecados have contacts in Arizona they think might be able to help you. If you romance Panam, she notes in the credits that being in charge is getting in the way of your relationship and apologizes for being away so much. Apparently if you romance Judy, she joins you on the trip to Arizona and is very happy to have both her new start and her girlfriend. In the credits, Misty reads your fortune and claims your remaining days are going to be happy.

    The other two can be obtained as alternate outcomes of two different approaches. Both approaches can give you either ending based on your decision.
    Rogue Route (requires completion of Blistering Love quest): Let Johnny take over and recruit Rogue and Crispin Weyland. Alt gets uploaded into a satelite and takes down communications while the rest grab an AV and blow a whole in Arasaka Tower and fight their way down to Mikoshi. Adam Smasher kills Rogue, but Johnny and Weyland make it. Unfortunately, V's body has been too heavily modified and will die in six months if V stays (Sun ending), but Johnny can take the body no problem (Temperance ending). The other person goes with Alt into the cyberspace beyond the Blackwall to an uncertain digital afterlife.

    Don't Fear the Reaper Route (requires happy completion of Chippin' In quest): While trying to decide who to call for the raid on Mikoshi, if you don't answer for a long time (literally something like 5 minutes), Johnny notes how hard it is to decide which of your friends you want to kill by dragging them in on this suicide mission. He then happily points out you've got one friend who's already dead and more than happy to join you on the mission. This time there's no subtlety - you just walk in the front door and start blasting and don't stop until you reach Mikoshi. This is easily the most difficult version of the raid as there's more enemies, far more elites, no functional help, only a few autosaves, and if you die you get the Suicide ending credits. However, nobody dies in this route. Still doesn't work, however, as you have to choose between 6 months as V or a full life as Johnny.

    Temperance: V is now Johnny 24/7. He lives in an apartment in Pacifica next to a teenage boy named Steve that Johnny recognizes as having a lot of potential as being a musician. Your message box is overflowing with everyone who cares about V, and they're all upset that your not returning their calls. This includes Rogue if she didn't die. Hiring Steve to drive him around for one last day in Night City, he stops by a music store to buy a top of the line guitar, then heads to the cemetery to leave V's bullet necklace in one of the capsules (and Rogue's gun if she died), displaying deep regret for the departed. He then says farewell to Steve and gets onto a bus out of Night City. Steve quickly tries to stop the bus, claiming that Johnny forgot his guitar in the car. Johnny waves him off claiming he hadn't forgotten it - he wasn't going to forget a thing as long as he lived - and looks out the window as the bus departs. In the credits, Misty claims his fortune is "like death, but not quite". (Note: When I contacted Panam before the raid, she wasn't overly upset. When I did, in the credits she caught on that Johnny was in charge. Panam is then royally ticked and adamantly claims that she'll kill Johnny and rip V out of his skull.)

    The Sun: V is now the apex merc in Night City. Lives in a mansion (the one you can see out of the window by V's bed in your apartment and can even visit with some clever jumping), and Emerick (the bouncer for the Afterlife) refers to you as Boss. You hire a Delemain AV to take you to the Afterlife, while Delemain fills you in on Arasaka's status (i.e. bad) and notes that you have virtually unlimited resources at your disposal. At the Afterlife, you drink to someone (you, Jackie, or Johnny). If Rogue died, you can also drink to her, otherwise she's right there at the bar, proud to have passed the place down to a new living legend. After your drink, you meet with Mr. Blue Eyes, a mysterious figure you may have heard about in-game but never knowingly had the chance to interact with, who tells you of the next job: stealing the guest list from a casino on the Crystal Palace. Even Mr. Blue Eyes states this mission is impossible, but that doesn't deter V. Next scene, V is on a space shuttle, getting ready for a space walk to break into the Crystal Palace. In the credits, Misty reads your fortune and proudly claims that the entire world is going to know your name. (Note: When I got this as part of Don't Fear the Reaper, Panam was in the mansion with me. She was not there when I got it during the Rogue route. Rogue's survival was also a change, obviously.)



    Spoiler: Thoughts and Questions
    Show
    I've only won the game with a single completionist run: Male Nomad, Romanced Panam, Sent Jackie to his Mother, 90% Rep/70% Johnny/40% Out of Time. I'm curious what permutations others have seen.

    In particular, I'm curious about those who have gotten the Sun or Star ending with less than 70% compatability with Johnny. I got all four endings with the same save and, other than Arasaka screwing you over in spectacular fashion, every approach ended the same way: The body had become Johnny's so V had 6 months to live if they went back to it.

    Has anyone tried to speedrun a Star ending? The Sun requires Rogue's and/or Johnny's help, so you're likely to have a high affinity with Johnny at that point, but Panam doesn't have many affinity points (one segment of the Tapeworm quest, but that's it).

    Also, has anyone gotten a permutation where V doesn't leave everyone that cares about them out to dry? Every variation I saw had Vik, Mama Welles, and Misty all mention that V never talks to them or visits them, to the point that sometimes they don't seem to know big things that happened.

    For the record, of all the endings I've seen, I have to say the Sun/Don't Fear the Reaper ending was the best. V's relationship with Panam carried to the ending, though not without friction, while everyone in the Afterlife regarded him as the undisputed badass of Night City, and even Mr. Blue Eyes himself shows up to give you a job rather than watch menacingly from across freeways. If it's true that this is the actual Morgan Blackhand and his conspiracy is going to be the focus of a DLC that ties together the quests like the ones for Jefferson Peralez and Garry the Street Preacher (i.e. the Blue Eyes Conspiracy), I'm really hoping they get a chance to publish it.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2021-01-16 at 04:14 PM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

    1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Out of curiosity, I'd like your takes on the endings (spoilers, of course):

    Spoiler: Endings, Summed Up
    Show
    There are five basic endings to the game, based on the decisions you make after the clearly labeled "Point of No Return".

    Path of Least Resistance: Suicide. You're dead. That's it. Everyone who cares about you are wrecked by the news and leave their last messages in the credits.

    The Devil: Side with Hanako Arasaka. You raid the Arasaka estate to rescue her, then go to a board meeting to have Yorinobu legally kicked out. They cut the Biochip out of you, but what wakes up afterwards feels like a hollow shell that spends its days on a space station being experimented on. Ultimately, it's revealed that your body is still dying and you have the choice of spending your last days in Night City or voluntarily putting yourself under Soulkiller and having your mind placed in Mikoshi until a suitable body can be procured. Meanwhile, you learn that Hellman used his knowledge of your experience to transfer Saburo's engram into Yorinobu's body and the newly reborn Saburo is quickly securing peace and dominance despite public outcry against him. In the credits, Misty reads your fortune and claims all the cards drawn are horrible. Only disaster is on your path.

    The Star (Requires Panam quest complete): You turn to Panam to get to Mikoshi and the Aldecados take you in as a member of the family. You raid a NightCorp/Militech facility to steal an industrial drill to dig into Arasaka's basement. Several prominent Aldecados die during the raid, but you, Panam, and Saul make it into the facility. Adam Smasher kills Saul, but you and Panam reach Mikoshi. Johnny is removed, but V is still going to die in 6 months. You leave Night City with Panam and the Aldecados, who stole enough corp tech during the raid to make it both very costly and extremely profitable, and start anew in Arizona. V notes that Vik's Omega Blocker medication is much more effective without Johnny and the Aldecados have contacts in Arizona they think might be able to help you. If you romance Panam, she notes in the credits that being in charge is getting in the way of your relationship and apologizes for being away so much. Apparently if you romance Judy, she joins you on the trip to Arizona and is very happy to have both her new start and her girlfriend. In the credits, Misty reads your fortune and claims your remaining days are going to be happy.

    The other two can be obtained as alternate outcomes of two different approaches. Both approaches can give you either ending based on your decision.
    Rogue Route (requires completion of Blistering Love quest): Let Johnny take over and recruit Rogue and Crispin Weyland. Alt gets uploaded into a satelite and takes down communications while the rest grab an AV and blow a whole in Arasaka Tower and fight their way down to Mikoshi. Adam Smasher kills Rogue, but Johnny and Weyland make it. Unfortunately, V's body has been too heavily modified and will die in six months if V stays (Sun ending), but Johnny can take the body no problem (Temperance ending). The other person goes with Alt into the cyberspace beyond the Blackwall to an uncertain digital afterlife.

    Don't Fear the Reaper Route (requires happy completion of Chippin' In quest): While trying to decide who to call for the raid on Mikoshi, if you don't answer for a long time (literally something like 5 minutes), Johnny notes how hard it is to decide which of your friends you want to kill by dragging them in on this suicide mission. He then happily points out you've got one friend who's already dead and more than happy to join you on the mission. This time there's no subtlety - you just walk in the front door and start blasting and don't stop until you reach Mikoshi. This is easily the most difficult version of the raid as there's more enemies, far more elites, no functional help, only a few autosaves, and if you die you get the Suicide ending credits. However, nobody dies in this route. Still doesn't work, however, as you have to choose between 6 months as V or a full life as Johnny.

    Temperance: V is now Johnny 24/7. He lives in an apartment in Pacifica next to a teenage boy named Steve that Johnny recognizes as having a lot of potential as being a musician. Your message box is overflowing with everyone who cares about V, and they're all upset that your not returning their calls. This includes Rogue if she didn't die. Hiring Steve to drive him around for one last day in Night City, he stops by a music store to buy a top of the line guitar, then heads to the cemetery to leave V's bullet necklace in one of the capsules (and Rogue's gun if she died), displaying deep regret for the departed. He then says farewell to Steve and gets onto a bus out of Night City. Steve quickly tries to stop the bus, claiming that Johnny forgot his guitar in the car. Johnny waves him off claiming he hadn't forgotten it - he wasn't going to forget a thing as long as he lived - and looks out the window as the bus departs. In the credits, Misty claims his fortune is "like death, but not quite". (Note: When I contacted Panam before the raid, she wasn't overly upset. When I did, in the credits she caught on that Johnny was in charge. Panam is then royally ticked and adamantly claims that she'll kill Johnny and rip V out of his skull.)

    The Sun: V is now the apex merc in Night City. Lives in a mansion (the one you can see out of the window by V's bed in your apartment and can even visit with some clever jumping), and Emerick (the bouncer for the Afterlife) refers to you as Boss. You hire a Delemain AV to take you to the Afterlife, while Delemain fills you in on Arasaka's status (i.e. bad) and notes that you have virtually unlimited resources at your disposal. At the Afterlife, you drink to someone (you, Jackie, or Johnny). If Rogue died, you can also drink to her, otherwise she's right there at the bar, proud to have passed the place down to a new living legend. After your drink, you meet with Mr. Blue Eyes, a mysterious figure you may have heard about in-game but never knowingly had the chance to interact with, who tells you of the next job: stealing the guest list from a casino on the Crystal Palace. Even Mr. Blue Eyes states this mission is impossible, but that doesn't deter V. Next scene, V is on a space shuttle, getting ready for a space walk to break into the Crystal Palace. In the credits, Misty reads your fortune and proudly claims that the entire world is going to know your name. (Note: When I got this as part of Don't Fear the Reaper, Panam was in the mansion with me. She was not there when I got it during the Rogue route. Rogue's survival was also a change, obviously.)



    Spoiler: Thoughts and Questions
    Show
    I've only won the game with a single completionist run: Male Nomad, Romanced Panam, Sent Jackie to his Mother, 90% Rep/70% Johnny/40% Out of Time. I'm curious what permutations others have seen.

    In particular, I'm curious about those who have gotten the Sun or Star ending with less than 70% compatability with Johnny. I got all four endings with the same save and, other than Arasaka screwing you over in spectacular fashion, every approach ended the same way: The body had become Johnny's so V had 6 months to live if they went back to it.

    Has anyone tried to speedrun a Star ending? The Sun requires Rogue's and/or Johnny's help, so you're likely to have a high affinity with Johnny at that point, but Panam doesn't have many affinity points (one segment of the Tapeworm quest, but that's it).

    Also, has anyone gotten a permutation where V doesn't leave everyone that cares about them out to dry? Every variation I saw had Vik, Mama Welles, and Misty all mention that V never talks to them or visits them, to the point that sometimes they don't seem to know big things that happened.

    For the record, of all the endings I've seen, I have to say the Sun/Don't Fear the Reaper ending was the best. V's relationship with Panam carried to the ending, though not without friction, while everyone in the Afterlife regarded him as the undisputed badass of Night City, and even Mr. Blue Eyes himself shows up to give you a job rather than watch menacingly from across freeways. If it's true that this is the actual Morgan Blackhand and his conspiracy is going to be the focus of a DLC that ties together the quests like the ones for Jefferson Peralez and Garry the Street Preacher (i.e. the Blue Eyes Conspiracy), I'm really hoping they get a chance to publish it.
    Some other variations spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    So the Arasaka ending (Devil) a has some variation depending on what you did in game. If you save Takemura and/or Oda they both help in the fight to get to Mikoshi and against Smasher. In the space station at the end itís Takemura who gives you the contract (and urges you to go into Mikoshi) instead of Hellman.

    Also if you save Takemura and do any ending besides the Arasaka one he voicemails you at the end, curses you out and itís implied he commits seppuku.

    As mentioned the works state is very different at the end of you follow Arasaka or not. With Yorinobu in charge war with Militech seems inevitable. If Saburo is back in charge it seems the resolve their problems and go back to a notional peace.

    I would think the Panam ending, Rogue/Secret ending or Arasaka -> Return to Earth ending all easily lead to post game DLC where V is searching for some way to survive (probably on the Crystal Palace). I canít see a good way for the Johnny ending or Mikoshi one to carry into DLC.

    Romance wise, Kerry and River break up with you if you do the Panam ending and Judy and Panam break up with you if you do the Rogue/Secret ending. Not sure what happens in the relationships in the Arasaka return to earth ending. Not a lot of closure I felt there but I only did that one with Judy romanced.
    Last edited by Chen; 2021-01-16 at 05:15 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground
     
    druid91's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Some other variations spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    So the Arasaka ending (Devil) a has some variation depending on what you did in game. If you save Takemura and/or Oda they both help in the fight to get to Mikoshi and against Smasher. In the space station at the end itís Takemura who gives you the contract (and urges you to go into Mikoshi) instead of Hellman.

    Also if you save Takemura and do any ending besides the Arasaka one he voicemails you at the end, curses you out and itís implied he commits seppuku.

    As mentioned the works state is very different at the end of you follow Arasaka or not. With Yorinobu in charge war with Militech seems inevitable. If Saburo is back in charge it seems the resolve their problems and go back to a notional peace.

    I would think the Panam ending, Rogue/Secret ending or Arasaka -> Return to Earth ending all easily lead to post game DLC where V is searching for some way to survive (probably on the Crystal Palace). I canít see a good way for the Johnny ending or Mikoshi one to carry into DLC.

    Romance wise, Kerry and River break up with you if you do the Panam ending and Judy and Panam break up with you if you do the Rogue/Secret ending. Not sure what happens in the relationships in the Arasaka return to earth ending. Not a lot of closure I felt there but I only did that one with Judy romanced.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mikoshi Ending I could see V coming back in some kind of robot body, since Saburo's engram could clearly control the holographic projector Hanako had him in. Admittedly, it would likely be a completely different path from the other ones. So It would be a bit of a stretch to see it happen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

    Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

    Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

    Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rynjin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    I haven't quite finished the game yet; I'm kind of waiting for the next suite of patches to come out in about a week because there's a few endgame sidequest lines that are bugged for me (weirdly, these are the only quests in the game that are: Beat on the Brat and ANY Panam quest).

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Yora's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    If I were playing this game on PC, I would be researching the technical feasibility of this mod. (Modders, feel free to steal.)

    Garbage Man Mod; Trash Bag Mod; Street Cleaner Mod
    • Delete all food items from the game world.
    • Remove all food items from NPC loot drop tables.
    • Delete all drink items from the game world.
    • Remove all drink items from the NPC loot drop tables.
    • Delete all ammunition crates in the game world.
    • Remove all ammunition from NPC loot tables.
    • Set all weapons to infinite ammunition.
    • Replace all junk items in the game world with either Eurodollars or crafting components.
    • Replace all junk items in the NPC loot drop tables with either Eurodolars or crafting components.


    I think this mod would make playing the game immediately 10 to 20% more fun. No more getting distracted during combat by searchig for candy bars under the sink. Time spend in stores and disassembling loot should be cut down to a third.
    And you won't be able to tell anything is missing. At least I never saw my Stamina bar drop below 80% full, can't remember my amount of cheap healing juices ever being below 200, and believe I had to switch to another gun because my current one ran out of ammo once back in the Maelstrom food factory.
    Dealing with food, drink, junk, and ammo is time I would be enjoying a lot more if I was just staring at a loading screen. At least then time would pass by itself and not require continuous input from me.

    But I think the game could have been improved greatly by a simple design decision earlier in development. Just ditch the whole concept of Police Dispatches and Assaults in Progress entirely. They are a meaningless time sink that does nothing other than giving XP. I'd rather have the poor guy who had to made these spend the entire work time on making two or three interesting side quests.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

    Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor - Writing Sword & Sorcery
    Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    [*]Delete all drink items from the game world.[*]Remove all drink items from the NPC loot drop tables.
    Well, if you had ample crafting components on the loot drop tables, that'd be okay...

    But, for crafting specs, drink items are an abundant source of low level crafting mats. With the right perk (and a mod for multi-crafting), those become higher end crafting mats, which are exceptionally rare or expensive to acquire from junk shops.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Well, if you had ample crafting components on the loot drop tables, that'd be okay...

    But, for crafting specs, drink items are an abundant source of low level crafting mats. With the right perk (and a mod for multi-crafting), those become higher end crafting mats, which are exceptionally rare or expensive to acquire from junk shops.
    I'll be honest, I just wish the upgrade system was a little more thought out. Either a) include more auto-leveling items like Skippy particularly with epic/legendary iconics, where you can't rebuild them at higher levels, b) have an upgrade be worth more than one level, or c) don't make the component cost ramp up so blasted fast. Do any of that and you can just get rid of all the junk in the game, none of it's really worth it anyway.

    Clothing, at least, is simpler. Find a combination of legendaries you can stomach, nab an Armadillo recipe (there's a few I've found), and just keep updating 'em every five or ten levels. Melee and mines still clean your clock, but at least guns are manageable even on high difficulties. Item level doesn't matter much there as long as you keep swapping out the mods as you grow. My favorite game mod so far just sets whatever gear you have equipped to legendary rarity, so you can just pick a style you like rather than go around like a rummage sale reject. Second favorite just gives you an invisible armor piece for every item slot. They're level 1 and common rarity, but combine it with the legendary mod and keep 'em fed with a steady supply of armadillos, and you can stay cutting edge without a glasses, coat, or hat. And there are so very few decent looking hats it's unreal.

    I will admit I'm curious what they're thinking will be acceptable as DLCs. Having the chance to play through your first 6 months as a merc (with Jackie) instead of watching it as a cutscene could be pretty cool. Additional ending paths would be welcome, as long as those are free DLCs (no Azura's Wrath crap here). New fixers, plotlines, and neighborhoods would be viable, if underwhelming. I don't think we're talking any postgame stuff, because the endings go in too many directions to properly wrangle that, but Saints Row 4 showed me you could do a lot with sidestory DLCs and Mass Effect 3 proved to me that you can really soothe a fair bit of the heartache of a crappy release with a lovingly crafted (if belated) conclusion.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

    1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Having the chance to play through your first 6 months as a merc (with Jackie) instead of watching it as a cutscene could be pretty cool.
    Maybe, but that wouldn't make it entirely CP. You'd break continuity if you had the opportunity to buy cyberware prior ... well, a lot more, really, since you really only start out with some low-armor shirt, shoes and pants, and a simple pistol.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Maybe, but that wouldn't make it entirely CP. You'd break continuity if you had the opportunity to buy cyberware prior ... well, a lot more, really, since you really only start out with some low-armor shirt, shoes and pants, and a simple pistol.
    Not exactly. First off, you can run the streets of Watson and get chromed to the afterlife and back before coming back for your kiroshis. Second, the 6 month cutscene shows you buying lots of gear (including meeting Vik) and yet you start with a common level 1 Unity and a common Militech Paraline..

    They could do it fairly easy by having a street cred of 0 during the 6-month, and putting a street cred 1 requirement on what they don't want you to nab before the Dorsett job. However, I seriously have a problem with the way they handled it as-is. 6 months and still level 1? I did at least one job for Padre, dang it, he should not act like I'm a stranger!
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

    1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Elemental Plane Of D20
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Considering the inconsistencies I imagine you were originally supposed to play at least some of that 6-month period, and it got condensed into the montage when the development process started to blow up. And yeah, it really would have been nice to have a bit more time to get involved with Jackie and the whole "mundane" cybermercenary work before bringing out all the big feels and the semi-apocalyptic, high-stakes storyline
    Last edited by Driderman; 2021-01-19 at 08:24 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Honestly the only reason I can see for the 6 month skip is to give V a reason to give a damn when jackie gets blasted, problem is the player still has no reason to care when from you perspective it's your first job with the guy. Because of that it just feels lazy.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Yora's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    Considering the inconsistencies I imagine you were originally supposed to play at least some of that 6-month period, and it got condensed into the montage when the development process started to blow up. And yeah, it really would have been nice to have a bit more time to get involved with Jackie and the whole "mundane" cybermercenary work before bringing out all the big feels and the semi-apocalyptic, high-stakes storyline
    That's an inherent flaw of the whole open world concept. These games always give you a super important and urgent quest that defines your life, and then 80% of the game is fetch quests that have nothing to do with the story. Those fetch quests don't enhance the story, they dilute it.

    I remember when all games competed for the most realistic graphics, as if that by itself was some measure of a fun game. Now we're still stuck in the "we have the biggest game ever" phase, which is even worse. So many potentially good games severely hampered by this ball on a chain.

    The only good open world RPGs were Gothic and Gothic 2.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

    Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor - Writing Sword & Sorcery
    Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2016

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Honestly the only reason I can see for the 6 month skip is to give V a reason to give a damn when jackie gets blasted, problem is the player still has no reason to care when from you perspective it's your first job with the guy. Because of that it just feels lazy.
    Pretty much.
    Jackie was an awesome character, but if you had played half the game with him by your side, his fate would have been so much more impactful.
    I hope the rumored Jackie DLC focuses on your pre-hotel heist escapades, and not on running him yourself. I don't want to play the guy, just to do stuff with him.


    Also, did anyone else find all the romance options to be like: "Please do lots of stuff for me and agree with everything I say, and I might be attracted to you!"
    Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but it felt pretty pathetic... Actually, for once it would be nice to have a game where you have a random one-nighter, and instead of afterwards finding out that the person was secretly a villain, find out you're marvellously compatible, just to subvert expectations.
    Only negative thing I have to say about the game, except for the bugs.


    ...And as I typed that, I just realized that was what happened in Deadpool... So much for trying to be original... :p
    -
    What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
    -

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rynjin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

    I didn't fawn over Judy's every move and still got the romance. I'd though I'd blown it after killing Miko too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •