New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Misereor View Post
    Also, did anyone else find all the romance options to be like: "Please do lots of stuff for me and agree with everything I say, and I might be attracted to you!"
    I only did Panam's but it did mostly consist of actual flirting. Which was more than most videogame romances ever get.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Also, did anyone else find all the romance options to be like: "Please do lots of stuff for me and agree with everything I say, and I might be attracted to you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I only did Panam's but it did mostly consist of actual flirting. Which was more than most videogame romances ever get.
    Yes to both, sort of. Panam certainly had her moments of "I hate you if you don't timidly agree with me!" but I managed to romance her all the same. In the end she sort of came off as rating pretty high on the crazy/hot scale. Not sure if that was intended or just bad character design

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    Yes to both, sort of. Panam certainly had her moments of "I hate you if you don't timidly agree with me!" but I managed to romance her all the same. In the end she sort of came off as rating pretty high on the crazy/hot scale. Not sure if that was intended or just bad character design
    NPC: "I want to do <bad idea>."
    V: "You do realize that <bad idea> is a bad idea, right?"
    NPC: "I -really want to do- <bad idea>."
    V: "Okay, okay, I'm you're friend, so I'll help you with this, but it'll end in blood and tears..."

Ends in tears.
    V: "Okay, told you it would end in blood and tears. A number of your friends are dead because of it, lots of things are blown up and unusable, and you burnt more money than you made. But I did want you wanted..."

NPC: "I LURVE YOU. Over the smoking corpses of my friends!"
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, I actively avoided being romantic with Panam and still got romance offers.

I basically played V like a friendly terminator.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I basically played V like a friendly terminator.
    Current runthrough - I won the Divided We Stand through the questline. Not like it's hard.

"Remember, when you come back, you're either with us or against us."

Well, with a statement like that, how could I not kill them all?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Current runthrough - I won the Divided We Stand through the questline. Not like it's hard.

There's a really nice narrative consequence to that quest depending on if you do any side-gigs against the 6th street gang.

Spoiler
    Show
    In my first play through, I did the competition before doing any side-gigs against 6th Street, after I won I left without anything more than that line you mentioned no fuss. In my second play through, I did the side gigs first, and during the competition one of the gangoons mentioned, "I think I've seen this gonk before..." and when they announce the winner, he calls you out as having acted against them, which I had, and they immediately attack instead of letting you leave.

It's moments like those that there needed to be more of, like if you take out Jotaro before going to Clouds, and you can use that fact when you confront Woodman to threaten him
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't finished Panam's questline, and I'm not sure if I want to, bugs or no. It's rare to meet a character so utterly self-absorbed that you seemingly are supposed to sympathize with.

I think at some point in development she was supposed to be like 13-15 but they realized there weren't enough romances so they aged her up without changing anything else. It would explain a lot about her absolutely bizarre rebellion subplot. Like, you're a grown ass woman Panam. Make your own decisions and stand by them.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I didn't fawn over Judy's every move and still got the romance. I'd though I'd blown it after killing Miko too.
    I suppose there is a formula to these things, as a result of having a limited number of ways in which to write them.
    Could be cool if they completely switched the script though.

"So about that Tyger Claws vendetta..."
    "Never mind that! I decided I want you to kill 300 sewer rats instead!"
    "Huh?"
    "Yes! And in return, I shall give you this rusty shortsword and 15 copper pieces!"
    "You're insane! I love it!"
    "Me too!"
    *kissing noises*
    Last edited by Misereor; 2021-01-21 at 02:08 AM.
    -
    What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
    -

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I suppose there is a formula to these things, as a result of having a limited number of ways in which to write them.
    I'm guessing the formula is more or less "unless you actively tell them to leave you alone (and maybe even then it seems) you get a shot a boinking them because in the end, Cyberpunk did absolutely nothing new with their design philosophy and achieving 'the sex' is basically just a quest reward"

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

and achieving 'the sex' is basically just a quest reward"
    We're looking at you, crazy Meredith Stout...

Saints Row did the bat reward better.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

We're looking at you, crazy Meredith Stout...

Saints Row did the bat reward better.
    I don't even think Stout was that bad, it was pretty clear from the start that was basically just a case of mutual exploitation at least, whereas the romance options pretend to be about feelings and ****

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I don't even think Stout was that bad, it was pretty clear from the start that was basically just a case of mutual exploitation at least, whereas the romance options pretend to be about feelings and ****
    Well, I mean the quest reward being a trimmed down version of the purple 'bat' from Saints Row 3 and 4.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Aww... got so disappointed by the game today.

I went to the Maelstrom nightclub, and it had me once again thinking that even with them being mean bastards and not too bright in the head, I really like the art style and aesthetic with which they mark their territory and cars.
    It's a place called Totentanz, which is the hangout for a gang called Maelstrom. And the band that plays is called Tinnitus. And they play lame electronic music. You would think that of all the people in Night City, the toaster faces would be total Metalheads.

Damn you, game!

Also, while I was leaving house, I found the body of the netrunner Bugbear lying in the middle of the road. I did her quest 20 hours ago, which I think was in a completely different part of the city. How did that get there?
    Last edited by Yora; 2021-01-21 at 04:40 PM.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Aww... got so disappointed by the game today.

I went to the Maelstrom nightclub, and it had me once again thinking that even with them being mean bastards and not too bright in the head, I really like the art style and aesthetic with which they mark their territory and cars.
    It's a place called Totentanz, which is the hangout for a gang called Maelstrom. And the band that plays is called Tinnitus. And they play lame electronic music. You would think that of all the people in Night City, the toaster faces would be total Metalheads.

Damn you, game!

Also, while I was leaving house, I found the body of the netrunner Bugbear lying in the middle of the road. I did her quest 20 hours ago, which I think was in a completely different part of the city. How did that get there?
    Tinnitus doesn't actually play audible music at all. Their bands music is only audible on cybernetic ears.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting pun, but I still think Maelstrom should be into heavy metal.

Speaking of which, I think I've not seen these guys for weeks. Neither the Tyger Claws. Which is maybe the biggest flaw of having this game divided into difficulty zones like an MMO. When I got really invested in the world and paid full attention to every detail, trying to memorize the places and make them my home turf, it was all in Northside and Kabuki with Maelstrom and the Tyger Claws, doing business for Regina and Wakako. I got really attached to all of that, but now I basically never get to see them again because I already did everything in those areas, while I've not yet seen most of the city center.
    I was just starting to get attached to Pacifica when it was saying goodbye as well.
    When designing an open world, quests and stories should be placed in a way that you keep coming back to your favorite places to experience them again with all your new toys.

Completely different topic: I keep forgetting checking out the cyberdocks when I get to new areas. (I think I've been to three in total back when I couldn't afford anything.) Are there eyes with night visions or zoom? There's been many times where I found the lack of a flashlight or binoculars annoying.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think all cyber eyes have a zoom function while in search mode although it's not the best.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Are there eyes with night visions or zoom? There's been many times where I found the lack of a flashlight or binoculars annoying.
    No. They're all Kiroshi, and the only difference are the # of plugin slots.

And you can only choose between:
    Seeing your grenade radius
    Non-lethal shooting
    Auto highlight enemies who've detected you
    Increase crit chance 5%
    Guide richochets

No night vision, no advanced zoom, no heat vision (despite it being clear that's a thing when you do braindance routines...)

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

No night vision, no advanced zoom, no heat vision (despite it being clear that's a thing when you do braindance routines...)
    That is a technical challenge I look forward to being solved.
    It's basically what you would need to implement full augmented reality instead of the light version we got for CP77, and astral space if anyone ever gets around to making a Shadowrun sandbox game.
    -
    What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
    -

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    I think all cyber eyes have a zoom function while in search mode although it's not the best.
    Yeah even the base one has zoom when you’re in search/quick hack mode.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground

No. They're all Kiroshi, and the only difference are the # of plugin slots.

And you can only choose between:
    Seeing your grenade radius
    Non-lethal shooting
    Auto highlight enemies who've detected you
    Increase crit chance 5%
    Guide richochets

Theres a 50% crit damage legendary mod for the Kiroshis as well sold from some of the high end ripperdocs.

21. - Top - End - #321

Patch 1.1 is out. Mostly stability fixes.

For me on PC with a 1050 TI the FPS don't seem to have changed, but in my 5 minute test I want to say the lighting looks different now. Gotta look into this more, this could just be me misremembering, but overall the game looks better now without a drop in FPS.

22. - Top - End - #322

DruidGuy

Fixed a handful of bugs as well.

Been messing about with the Achilles tech precision rifle and it is amazing. Each shoot fires off five projectiles and when you are using it in zoomed single shot charged mod it melts heads. You can also use it as a rapid fire shotgun of sorts - the projectiles spread a bit more when not charged up.

Need to get the iconic version which fires 2 rounds at a time.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

So, 100 hours into the game at level 37.

What is Cold Blood? It appears as a skill in my character screen, but it's still at level 1 and I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Also, what does the Athletics skill do and how is it improved? I still have it at level 2.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, 100 hours into the game at level 37.

What is Cold Blood? It appears as a skill in my character screen, but it's still at level 1 and I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Also, what does the Athletics skill do and how is it improved? I still have it at level 2.
    Cold Blood appears to be a skill tree that kind of sits on it's own? It looks like it's got a core talent that gives you a stacking buff you get when you kill enemies, and the rest of the skill tree is based around getting more benefits off stacks of that buff. Presumably, you level it up by taking the talent and doing stuff under Cold Blood?

Forcing open doors is the only thing I've seen that improves Athletics.

A quick check on the wiki says that you can level up athletics by exhausting your melee bar with melee attacks, or just sitting there swinging a melee weapon at the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Not all skills are created equal.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Not all skills are created equal.
    I'm about 30 hours into this game, and it's full of awkwardly half-implemented concepts. I've sunk way too many talent points (Well, at least 2) into talents that seemed cool, but didn't have the follow-through to actually be good.

One of them is useless (Knife throwing. The game just isn't set up for that to be a good thing, and you lose your knives, where Knives are equivalent to a full Gun in terms of cost and stats), the other (Scrapper) is actually generally good as a quality of life improvement, but means I lose out on a lot of money as I can't pick up the valuable junk items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

If you’re putting points into Cool cold blood should be the first skill you pick up. It levels whenever you kill anything. And if you start stacking the rest of the tree it is remarkably strong. Particularly when you get the talent that gives you a way to get stacks on crits instead of just on killing and has stacks expire one at a time.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Being already swimming in ability points and no clue where to put them, I did get the first Cold Blood ability even though I'm almost level 40 now. The little bonuses you get from reaching higher skill levels look all pretty neat, even if you don't get any of the other abilities from the Cold Blood tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I'm about 30 hours into this game, and it's full of awkwardly half-implemented concepts. I've sunk way too many talent points (Well, at least 2) into talents that seemed cool, but didn't have the follow-through to actually be good.
    There are several abilities to make you more effective at fighting robots. I think I've encountered maybe 10 in total in the whole game.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

There are several abilities to make you more effective at fighting robots. I think I've encountered maybe 10 in total in the whole game.
    I've encountered way more than that. The only problem is that with bog-standard Quickhack tree, every robot is a one-shot with Short Circuit, even on Very Hard.

Cold blood is very useful. Course, at this point, I'm using a tech rifle that's headcritting for at least 80k damage...

30. - Top - End - #330

DruidGuy

Just got around to doing the sinnerman questline for the first time and man is it heavy and intense. Had to actually walk away from the game for a while just to process it.