New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I have yet to find a Cyberpsycho that liberal application of Gorilla Fist to face hasn't been sble to solve.
    One mod I haven't played with since I'm tending non-melee. Fun?

I've been playing with the launcher instead, utilizing gas rounds. Talk about havoc when you have a group of Scavs vs Maelstrom...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

I mostly took the gorilla fists so I could open doors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    One mod I haven't played with since I'm tending non-melee. Fun?

I've been playing with the launcher instead, utilizing gas rounds. Talk about havoc when you have a group of Scavs vs Maelstrom...
    Required.

If you want to do the boxing sidequest and retain your sanity, Gorilla Arms.

Also they let you rip some doors open, which means they can get you into places you couldn't otherwise.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of which, the cyberpsycho that Millitech tries to take down reminds me a lot of the unarmed stealth fight in the Ghost in the Shell movie. Taking place in very shallow water, and her haircut and visor matches as well. And the unarmed fighting style, of course.
    Still can't get her under 70%, though. Even though game says she's "Danger: Very Low"

Also checked to be sure: The image for the Stealth perk Assassin is from the Blade Runner movie poster.

Game references everything it possibly can.
    Last edited by Yora; 2020-12-17 at 04:00 PM.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

5. - Top - End - #35
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I have yet to find a Cyberpsycho that liberal application of Gorilla Fist to face hasn't been sble to solve.
    When all you have is a Gorilla Fist, everything looks like a punchable object?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Been playing on Xbox One (Not S!) and I've been having a blast! Over the entire course of my time playing, I've had...three crashes I think? And some frame rate issues, but none of those have been recent honestly so I think they've been mostly ironed out. Love the setting and the characters in it, not because they're particularly unique but because Cyberpunk 2077 executes them well.

My biggest complaint might actually not be a complaint cause Iv'e only just gotten into Act 2, but its the customization feels a bit lackluster for the setting. Everything is kind of...plain so far, I have seen very little clothing that makes me sit up and take notice and cybernetics largely don't seem visible which is a shame but makes sense in a more story driven game.

I will say, I opened with net-running and hacking, having a similar problem that I couldn't actually hack enemies because I just didn't have enough RAM. I went back to get an iconic katana, spent my money on a better OS and boy howdy what a difference that makes! Haha, Stealth+netrunning seems like it might actually be kind of busted to be honest but I'm having way too much fun being a cyber-wizard. Can't wait to go demo with a Nomad character and street samurai with a street rat character.

As someone who's played bland but polished games and bad with bugs games, Cyberpunk falls somewhere else. Its a very enjoyable game that does have some wrinkles that need to be ironed out.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Strat-edgy dropped a nonspoiler review of the game, and he was very positive on it. Say the game is extremely good at what it wants to be; some people had the wrong expectations of what the game should have been.

He said the current buys means he can't recommend buying the game, but that it will be a very solid game once they wrapped up these problems.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Not saying that some don't have problems with bugs in this game. But in 40 hours on PS4, I did not encounter a single thing that would be worth calling a "hickup".
    Having to reload a safe from 3 minutes ago because the game crash does not count as a serious interruption to me. And very rare texture glitches rank way below that.

I don't expect the game to get any cheaper any time soon. And if you buy it now and maybe wait a month or two for a patch that fixes a rare serious bug that happens on your console, or buy it in a month or two doesn't really make a difference. Maybe "sending a message" that you won't give them money until their work is done, but I hardly doubt anyone would notice.
    No reason not to wait and start playing the game later either, of course. But I don't see the little blemishes as a reason not to buy the game now if you want to.

Out of curiosity, I checked through the PS4 trophies to see how fast people are progressing through the game. Weirdly enough, a lot more more people have finished the main story than "use distract 30 times without being spotted" and "install 3 demons in the same breach". Both are trivial hacking activities that you'll get automatically if you use the most basic hacking abilities from time to time. Seems like a large number of people actually play the game as a straight shooter.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Out of curiosity, I checked through the PS4 trophies to see how fast people are progressing through the game. Weirdly enough, a lot more more people have finished the main story than "use distract 30 times without being spotted" and "install 3 demons in the same breach". Both are trivial hacking activities that you'll get automatically if you use the most basic hacking abilities from time to time. Seems like a large number of people actually play the game as a straight shooter.
    I'm going straight shooter. Also occasionally I stab people. When the fight get going, the soundtrack starts snarling, and some moron ganger walks around the corner straight into my charged up shotgun blast it's really very, very good.

Also hacking looked like a combination of 1) stealth, and 2), menus. Stealth to me just means "crouch-walk slowly everywhere and spend a lot of time staring at crates." And menus are pretty much the opposite of my idea of exciting action combat.

So yeah, I'm totally the unsophisticated neanderthal who is going full on shooter here.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, my new GPU won't be here before the end of the year, so I am 95% sure I can't even run that game with my current specs, if I can't even run Horizon Dawn

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    When all you have is a Gorilla Fist, everything looks like a punchable object?
    That, and Regina reaaally wants you to keep Cyberpsychos alive, so your options are kind of limited since they seemingly can't be grabbed even if you sneak up on them.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

That, and Regina reaaally wants you to keep Cyberpsychos alive, so your options are kind of limited since they seemingly can't be grabbed even if you sneak up on them.
    This is either buggy or not an issue because with a fully lethal sniper rifle I one shot one of the early psychos (on the bridge) and he was still rolling on the ground “unconscious”. Dropped another one with repeated shots from the iconic tech pistol from Lizzies and same thing he was also unconscious.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Some of the augs you can get make all of your guns nonlethal.

You can also use Short Circuit or later on System Reset.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Some of the augs you can get make all of your guns nonlethal.
    There are two.

Pax weapon mod. takes up a weapon mod slot, so not the best, but it does make one weapon non-lethal and leaves the lethal option for all others.

You can also get Target Analysis for the cybereyes, which allows you to put other mods onto the moddable weapons and still be non-lethal. Like slapping Crunch on it for the flat damage boost on low crit weapons, which is the tradeoff you may need since headshots don't do as much damage as before.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I got it and couldn't play it with Steam active. Then the hotfix broke my direct .Exe launch and then a rapid double upgrade of Nvidia let me play again.

It was ok, the characters are whats keeping me around as the enemy AI is just... bland? Boring? Stupid? I'm not sure what word to use, but I honestly figured that they'd be much, much smarter on Hard than they are.

Stealth just kinda sucks as there's no way to de aggro if you screw up, and most of the time the enemies don't like to move around so if they're in a bad position you don't have any real option other than going loud, and I'm glad I specced into guns.

Also hacking. I hate hacking as I don't see any reason to use anything that isn't Ping, and I hate that the enemy can somehow keep using Overheat on me despite there being no LoS to me and I can't do that back. Very frustrating.

Perks. The perks are incredibly boring.

Outside of that, I am enjoying blasting people's heads off with the hilariously OP Achilles rifle, though it makes me question why SMGs and Assault Rifles exist...

In short... its not been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    This is either buggy or not an issue because with a fully lethal sniper rifle I one shot one of the early psychos (on the bridge) and he was still rolling on the ground “unconscious”. Dropped another one with repeated shots from the iconic tech pistol from Lizzies and same thing he was also unconscious.
    Considering I have accidentally killed people with my nonlethal weapon (I think the Gorilla Arms power attack finisher is always lethal), it might either be bugged or you found a weapon that has a nonlethal augment of some sort on it and never noticed.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

Well apparently the game is bad enough that Sony is offering refunds and removing it from the store.

Pretty unprecedented.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Well apparently the game is bad enough that Sony is offering refunds and removing it from the store.

Pretty unprecedented.
    It wasn't tested properly on baseline PS4 and Xbone, is why. If you have a PS4 Pro, XBONEX, or PC you're fine.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

It wasn't tested properly on baseline PS4 and Xbone, is why. If you have a PS4 Pro, XBONEX, or PC you're fine.
    Pretty much objectively untrue. People are having a ridiculous number of crashes and issues even on next generation consoles. It's pulled from the store entirely, not just for the ps4.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty much objectively untrue. People are having a ridiculous number of crashes and issues even on next generation consoles. It's pulled from the store entirely, not just for the ps4.
    I haven't seen very many complaints from the upgraded console versions, or PC.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

Check out either of the threads on top of Reddit, or the dedicated subs for the game.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2020-12-18 at 02:07 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Check out either of the threads on top of Reddit, or the dedicated subs for the game.
    Let me rephrase; I don't see many meaningful complaints from new consoles or PC. This is after checking those threads.

Most of the complaints of constant crashing and other serious bugs come from base PS4s and Xbones. I don't consider minor artifacting or specific niche bugs others can't reliably replicate to be a huge issue overall.

By everything I can find, the only systems on which the game is consistently BROKEN and unplayable is base last gen consoles.

Most everything else is either "immersion breaking" (a complaint I find laughable in an RPG, which inherently require you to break immersion regularly to fiddle with inventories and the like) or genuine but relatively contained bugs. Most PC crashes in that thread I see are fixed by the user; and a running trend I see is overclocked CPUs causing issues running the game in 1440/60.

Is this ideal? No, particularly for people stuck on those older consoles. The games was in development for 8 years, presumably with those consoles in mind, so there's no excuse for it not running there. But most everything else seems to run the game fine, especially PC.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-12-18 at 03:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Colossus in the Playground

I can anecdotally say that I know six people in my immediate friend group who bought the game, all on PC, and none of which had any problems beyond some minor and rare issues with things clipping into other things.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

It's bad enough for Sony to pull it from their game store a week before Christmas and offer refunds. That's all completely unprecedented. Especially for a AAA studio. I'm not saying that the game is unenjoyable or unplayable on PC, but it's objective fact that people are having tons of issues even on next gen consoles, and the fact that CDPR intentionally suppressed console reviews is incredibly shady behavior. If your game is working or you don't mind graphical glitches then fine, but for a lot of people that isn't the case.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

A massive number of PC players literally couldn't launch the game for 2 days after launch. Currently, I can't make a new character because the game crashes the moment I make a Life Path choice.

So ya, it's a technical mess that is riddled with crashes

It's bad enough for Sony to pull it from their game store a week before Christmas and offer refunds. That's all completely unprecedented. Especially for a AAA studio. I'm not saying that the game is unenjoyable or unplayable on PC, but it's objective fact that people are having tons of issues even on next gen consoles, and the fact that CDPR intentionally suppressed console reviews is incredibly shady behavior. If your game is working or you don't mind graphical glitches then fine, but for a lot of people that isn't the case.
    The way I've seen it go is either A) It works fine with minor graphical annoyances and a few smaller bugs or B) the game barely runs, crashes randomly, won't launch, or has such crippling bugs you need to reload multiple times over the course of a few hours. There doesn't appear to be much middle ground
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2020-12-18 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Not saying that some don't have problems with bugs in this game. But in 40 hours on PS4, I did not encounter a single thing that would be worth calling a "hickup".
    Having to reload a safe from 3 minutes ago because the game crash does not count as a serious interruption to me. And very rare texture glitches rank way below that.
    Same here.

I rarely use distract, I will get to use it more.

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    When the fight get going, the soundtrack starts snarling
    I actually find that annoying, it's a cue to me that your sneaking around failed.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I can anecdotally say that I know six people in my immediate friend group who bought the game, all on PC, and none of which had any problems beyond some minor and rare issues with things clipping into other things.
    Which is lovely, but it doesn't really have any relevance to the game being withdrawn on the Playstation?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, I think they pulled it from the store not because of any problems with PS5, but because the situation forced them to break with their usual refund policy of 'If you downloaded the game you're out of luck.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Which is lovely, but it doesn't really have any relevance to the game being withdrawn on the Playstation?
    But it does have to do with the discussion we were having about the game being fine on other platforms.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

Even if it's true that it's fine on other platforms (which I don't agree with since there are tons of reports of people with problems on PC and PS5) it's still a huge glaring problem that the developer lied, suppressed console reviews and released a non working product for a huge portion of their customer base. I'm not even a console player, but CDPR has been shady as hell lately, and it's about time it came back to bite them.