New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    It was ok, the characters are whats keeping me around as the enemy AI is just... bland? Boring? Stupid? I'm not sure what word to use, but I honestly figured that they'd be much, much smarter on Hard than they are.
    Eh, not so much they can do with enemy AI between difficulty levels save for just plain stupidity (like a guy with tons of cover deciding to just rush you).

Stealth just kinda sucks as there's no way to de aggro if you screw up, and most of the time the enemies don't like to move around so if they're in a bad position you don't have any real option other than going loud, and I'm glad I specced into guns.
    There's a quickhack for that.

Also hacking. I hate hacking as I don't see any reason to use anything that isn't Ping, and I hate that the enemy can somehow keep using Overheat on me despite there being no LoS to me and I can't do that back. Very frustrating.
    They can, and will, utilize cameras. One thing to check before engaging are active cameras.

And you can utilize that against them. Friendly a camera, then use it to mark and attack enemies. In an area with a lot of cameras, I have cleared out all enemies without even stepping foot in the building due to a single camera mounted outside.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Eh, not so much they can do with enemy AI between difficulty levels save for just plain stupidity (like a guy with tons of cover deciding to just rush you).

There's a quickhack for that.

They can, and will, utilize cameras. One thing to check before engaging are active cameras.

And you can utilize that against them. Friendly a camera, then use it to mark and attack enemies. In an area with a lot of cameras, I have cleared out all enemies without even stepping foot in the building due to a single camera mounted outside.
    I guess it's less that I'm on hard and more that the AI is just incredibly dumb and static. Like, most enemies barely move in a firefight and it makes things incredibly simple with my Precision Rifle to just blow them away. They don't flank, they only rush if they have melee, and when I rush them they don't back up.

It's weird.

Is it Reset Optics?

There were no cameras pointing at me, I made sure of that. There was a solid concrete wall in between me and the hacker. It wasn't even a big deal, just incredibly annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Even if it's true that it's fine on other platforms (which I don't agree with since there are tons of reports of people with problems on PC and PS5) it's still a huge glaring problem that the developer lied, suppressed console reviews and released a non working product for a huge portion of their customer base. I'm not even a console player, but CDPR has been shady as hell lately, and it's about time it came back to bite them.
    I'm Gunna need some details on that. Is any of their shadiness not related to CP77?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Is it Reset Optics?
    Memory Wipe. It forces the target to non-combat.

Reboot optics just makes them blind for a moment, but they remain hostile.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
    I'm Gunna need some details on that. Is any of their shadiness not related to CP77?
    Most of what I know relates to CP 2077, but it's been building for a while.

-Promising not to crunch after reports leaked of excessive crunch time, then announcing they where going to reneg on that promise- A few months after the crunch started up again.
    -A very... awkward trans-fetishizing/transphobic in game billboard showed up in previews. CDPR didn't really address concerns well, and the ad is still in the game, and it sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of Night City's parody ads. I'm going to leave it at that, though, because there are better people than me to discuss the issue here.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    You want some hilarity?

That guy has no AI script other than run and cower if you jump up there with him. So you can just freely punch him into unconsciousness.

Ones that rely on melee can be offlined by getting out of their reach and hitting them with short circuit repeatedly.
    Odd, that one for me when I climbed up dropped his gun and went into a boxing match with me. I declined and shot him full of bullets with the rifle i have set to do nonlethal damage since he hits like 5x harder than I do heh. Might of been a bug in your game?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Odd, that one for me when I climbed up dropped his gun and went into a boxing match with me. I declined and shot him full of bullets with the rifle i have set to do nonlethal damage since he hits like 5x harder than I do heh. Might of been a bug in your game?
    Considering how many bugs are present that'd be a safe bet.

Question for the thread, do any of you find any reason to use a rifle that isn't a Precision Rifle? Because for the life of me I can't
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

On the topic of bugs: CDPR has a really bad track record with releasing buggy games. The Witcher 2 was apparently barely playable on release, and even The Witcher 3 had many bugs at launch that required a long time to fix, although they were less severe.

Cyberpunk, being bigger and more hyped, is obviously suffering the most from its bad release state than any other CDPR game before.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Name View Post
    On the topic of bugs: CDPR has a really bad track record with releasing buggy games. The Witcher 2 was apparently barely playable on release, and even The Witcher 3 had many bugs at launch that required a long time to fix, although they were less severe.

Cyberpunk, being bigger and more hyped, is obviously suffering the most from its bad release state than any other CDPR game before.
    I thought people knew this? Maybe that's the disconnect between expectations.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Considering how many bugs are present that'd be a safe bet.

Question for the thread, do any of you find any reason to use a rifle that isn't a Precision Rifle? Because for the life of me I can't
    As a general devotee of the Way of the Assault Rifle in shooters, I confess myself slightly underwhelmed. Although the DPS is competitive, the damage per bullet isn't, and the relatively high spread (particularly in hip fire) makes it difficult to actually achieve their DPS at medium-ish ranges. Sure they work fine at close ranges, but shotguns have the same or better DPS, and also tend to set the bad dudes on their asses, which makes shooting them again easy.

So far the only machine gun I've found is hot trash. Way too uncontrollable to get a useful DPS out of, and because it appears to use the same ammo pool as assault rifles and SMGs, difficult to keep in bullets.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    As a general devotee of the Way of the Assault Rifle in shooters, I confess myself slightly underwhelmed. Although the DPS is competitive, the damage per bullet isn't, and the relatively high spread (particularly in hip fire) makes it difficult to actually achieve their DPS at medium-ish ranges. Sure they work fine at close ranges, but shotguns have the same or better DPS, and also tend to set the bad dudes on their asses, which makes shooting them again easy.

So far the only machine gun I've found is hot trash. Way too uncontrollable to get a useful DPS out of, and because it appears to use the same ammo pool as assault rifles and SMGs, difficult to keep in bullets.
    I too generally love Assault Rifles, but I've come to the same conclusion. With how little movement most enemies do in an average fight, I find the slower firing speed of the Precision rifle to be moot as most things die in one, maybe two, shots, instead of the 5+ it takes from the Assault Rifle.

And don't get me started on SMGs.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Name View Post

The Witcher 2 wasn't that bad though compared to Cyberpunk. Witcher 3 was buggy too, but Cyberpunk has been an order of magnitude worse than the others.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

The Witcher 2 wasn't that bad though compared to Cyberpunk.
    The first time I tried to run the Witcher 2 everything was in slow motion and blurry enough to make my eyes ache. This was only remedied when I tried to play the game 3 years later.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-12-19 at 12:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Even if it's true that it's fine on other platforms (which I don't agree with since there are tons of reports of people with problems on PC and PS5) it's still a huge glaring problem that the developer lied, suppressed console reviews and released a non working product for a huge portion of their customer base. I'm not even a console player, but CDPR has been shady as hell lately, and it's about time it came back to bite them.
    I've heard different news on the console reviews, that being they were working getting the game stable enough that they didn't have time to send out console copies.

As for the non-working product, I'm kind of skeptical on that. As someone playing on a base console, ie the kind of person who should be the most affected by bugs I've had very very few. Certainly nothing game breaking or that makes it unplayable.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I've heard different news on the console reviews, that being they were working getting the game stable enough that they didn't have time to send out console copies.

As for the non-working product, I'm kind of skeptical on that. As someone playing on a base console, ie the kind of person who should be the most affected by bugs I've had very very few. Certainly nothing game breaking or that makes it unplayable.
    Lucky you.

Currently:

Armor does nothing.
    Half the Perks apparently don't work.
    Legendary Clothing Blueprints don't respawn in shops
    Looting is a buggy mess where you wind up needing to go to odd angles or just flat can't pick up some objects.
    Cops have no pathfinding AI
    Multiple missions break or can't be started.

I can confirm Armor, the cops and the Looting issues in my own experience, as well as rampant crashing (though the amount of crashes seems to change based on the day with no rhyme or reason). Apparently, you're in the group who have it run fine.

There's a bunch of us where that isn't true and its incredibly frustrating, particularly because there seems to be very little middle ground between the two.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Firbolg in the Playground

Can the Cyberpunk bug/crashes be compared to a Bethesda game? Or is it a worse experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Can the Cyberpunk bug/crashes be compared to a Bethesda game? Or is it a worse experience?
    I have logged 35.7 hours into the game. A quick list of glitches I've experienced:

The radio cut out once until I restarted the game.
    It crashed a single time about 20 hours in.
    Repeating a conversating with a character caused my female V to briefly speak with male V's voice.
    Somehow touching a rock killed me in Pacifica; thankfully about 3 seconds after I'd saved.
    I picked up a duplicate version of a quest I'd already completed by interacting with evidence I had not scanned before completion.
    (Repeated) texture pop in and wonky textures on people and cars, especially when moving quickly (sprinting, driving, etc.).
    (Repeated) The game seems to register certain things by its own internal clock, or maybe your system clock. This means that sometimes on reloading a save you'll get dialogue related to something that only happened before you reloaded (like a character admonishing you for failing to stealthily complete a mission) or sometimes texts/calls from characters that didn't happen until later (eg you reload to a save from 15 minutes prior, receive a call you wouldn't normally have until 15 minutes later). No effect on play, just weird.

All in all, pretty tame stuff for nearly 36 hours of play time. This is on PC, mind you.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-12-19 at 06:33 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Lucky you.

Currently:

Armor does nothing.
    Half the Perks apparently don't work.
    Legendary Clothing Blueprints don't respawn in shops
    Looting is a buggy mess where you wind up needing to go to odd angles or just flat can't pick up some objects.
    Cops have no pathfinding AI
    Multiple missions break or can't be started.

I can confirm Armor, the cops and the Looting issues in my own experience, as well as rampant crashing (though the amount of crashes seems to change based on the day with no rhyme or reason). Apparently, you're in the group who have it run fine.

There's a bunch of us where that isn't true and its incredibly frustrating, particularly because there seems to be very little middle ground between the two.
    Is this all on consoles? I thought things would be consistent on basically the same hardware? I understand how different PC users can have issues but shouldn’t all (if not most) PS4 or Xbox one X users have basically the same experience?

19. - Top - End - #79

Flumph

It depends what triggers it.

I have a few consistent ones (on PC)

I'm very often stuck in aim mode when I get off my bike. (Might be holding down the brake and pressing the dismount button together), manually pressing aim afterwards makes it work. Also sometimes stuck crouched when getting out of cars (Again, actual crouching and standing up fixes it)

The first time I talk to a merchant after leaving a vehicle their store window closes instantly when it opens (works second time).

The Blood Pump cyberware no longer functions (it shows that it is recognising the input but it won't activate).

One of the Cyberpsycho encounters got added back to my quest log after I had finished it and is stuck there.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    For some people, it's about the same, for me, and as someone who remembers playing launch Fallout New Vegas, it is much worse. I couldn't LAUNCH THE GAME until the first hotfix came out and even after that it would crash after an hour.

On top of this my armor does nothing, I'm certain several perks don't work, and the AI is quite dumb.

And I'm not even going into the minor glitches, which there are many of, that don't really bother me all that much, but have certainly begun to add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Is this all on consoles? I thought things would be consistent on basically the same hardware? I understand how different PC users can have issues but shouldn’t all (if not most) PS4 or Xbox one X users have basically the same experience?
    I'm on PC, but I know some of these are on console, and while a great many are consistent across hardware, not all of them are (see the people who are playing perfectly fine on PS4 as compared to those who are barely running a crash laden mess at 15 FPS on the same type of PS4)

It depends what triggers it.

I have a few consistent ones (on PC)

I'm very often stuck in aim mode when I get off my bike. (Might be holding down the brake and pressing the dismount button together), manually pressing aim afterwards makes it work. Also sometimes stuck crouched when getting out of cars (Again, actual crouching and standing up fixes it)
    Oh, is that's what started happening when I got off my bike? I fixed that by bringing up the menu, because I keep walking slow when I get out of a car. I'll try just aiming.

The first time I talk to a merchant after leaving a vehicle their store window closes instantly when it opens (works second time).
    Got this one too.

The Blood Pump cyberware no longer functions (it shows that it is recognising the input but it won't activate).
    Can't confirm this one, but a bunch of Cyberware doesn't work right, same with a bunch of Armor mods (seen people mention Crit Chance Mods and similar other ones don't work on armor.)

One of the Cyberpsycho encounters got added back to my quest log after I had finished it and is stuck there.
    Haven't heard this one before. Most of the Cyberpsycho issues are with the Lt. falling into the floor and making the quest unfinishable.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

I'm on PC, but I know some of these are on console, and while a great many are consistent across hardware, not all of them are (see the people who are playing perfectly fine on PS4 as compared to those who are barely running a crash laden mess at 15 FPS on the same type of PS4)
    My point was I understand different behaviors on PC due to hardware and driver differences. I also run it on PC and aside some clipping and visual glitches plus a super weird glitch where if I sell/stash/dismantle all my grenades my arm launcher disappears, it runs perfectly fine. But I can definitely attribute differences in PC optimization to them not fully testing it across all types of hardware combinations.

What I don’t understand is how one PS4 user can have dramatically different outcomes compared to another PS4 user. Unless one hasn’t updated their system or has jail broken it, the hardware and drivers should be indentical so I don’t know where the variance would come from.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

My point was I understand different behaviors on PC due to hardware and driver differences. I also run it on PC and aside some clipping and visual glitches plus a super weird glitch where if I sell/stash/dismantle all my grenades my arm launcher disappears, it runs perfectly fine. But I can definitely attribute differences in PC optimization to them not fully testing it across all types of hardware combinations.

What I don’t understand is how one PS4 user can have dramatically different outcomes compared to another PS4 user. Unless one hasn’t updated their system or has jail broken it, the hardware and drivers should be indentical so I don’t know where the variance would come from.
    You would think, but then again, this is the game where, two days ago, I coulnd't start a new game, but now I suddenly can.

Nothing changed. It just didn't crash that time I clicked on it. It crashed when I looked into the mirror and then didn't crash the second time I did it.

I don't know man, this game is freaking weird with its bugs
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Flumph

Can't confirm this one, but a bunch of Cyberware doesn't work right, same with a bunch of Armor mods (seen people mention Crit Chance Mods and similar other ones don't work on armor.)
    Used to work, though actually it used to work too well because it would be an instant full heal when it's only the white tier mod and is supposed to be 50% heal. Doesn't now.

Haven't heard this one before. Most of the Cyberpsycho issues are with the Lt. falling into the floor and making the quest unfinishable.
    It's one out on the pier down in Pacifica. There's a van under the pier with some related evidence in, I found that after completing it and it's gone back in the log.

24. - Top - End - #84

Flumph

Age of the console can make a difference to the speed it'll stream data in either from disc or hard drive, and that can make it work in funny ways.

Old example, on the original Gears of War my mate didn't get the splash effects when he fired his gun into water, then later he replaced his console due to RROD and on the new one he did.

Because his old one was on its last legs it wasn't always rendering things it should.

Another one is on Ace Combat 5, because different revisions of PS2 would load information at slightly different rates off of the disc you would get different spawn timings for enemies, and that meant that some versions of the hardware had higher or lower possible high scores on some missions.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2020-12-19 at 10:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Used to work, though actually it used to work too well because it would be an instant full heal when it's only the white tier mod and is supposed to be 50% heal. Doesn't now.

It's one out on the pier down in Pacifica. There's a van under the pier with some related evidence in, I found that after completing it and it's gone back in the log.
    That's the same quest I mentioned, BTW, so that seems a consistent issue.

Maybe they didn't expect me to ramp my bike off the bridge and then swim the rest of the way.

26. - Top - End - #86

Thought about getting this for my Playstation 4 but was advised that the game was apparently so ridden with issues on the PS4 that they were offering full refunds for it, so I decided to go with computer instead. And, well, I guess it's been so long since I bought a game for the computer (or at all) that I forgot system requirements are a thing. I just kind of assumed, hey, this is a brand new laptop, my old one could handle games like Civilization 6 just fine, this should be no issue.

Even with all graphical settings as low as possible, it's so slow it's pretty much unplayable. Not blaming the game here or anything, this is obviously my fault, but man did I underestimate how demanding new games are on computers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Thought about getting this for my Playstation 4 but was advised that the game was apparently so ridden with issues on the PS4 that they were offering full refunds for it, so I decided to go with computer instead. And, well, I guess it's been so long since I bought a game for the computer (or at all) that I forgot system requirements are a thing. I just kind of assumed, hey, this is a brand new laptop, my old one could handle games like Civilization 6 just fine, this should be no issue.

Even with all graphical settings as low as possible, it's so slow it's pretty much unplayable. Not blaming the game here or anything, this is obviously my fault, but man did I underestimate how demanding new games are on computers.
    One setting that might be a little odd to find. Go into Gameplay and turn Crowd Density down, and slow HDD mode on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

So far, bugs that are annoying, but not game stoppers... beyond the inability to loot items because they're clipping bad with another object.

Blew up a few cars along the way. If they land on an enemy, no way to loot. Can't move the destroyed car, after all.

Sometimes get stuck in a no-run mode. Walk, yes, run, no. No dodging, either. But getting hit by a car sometimes fixes that.

Sometimes switching weapons will cause it to be stuck on autofire, which is VERY annoying if you're near a Netrunner. Or a Mech.

Killing an enemy while a quickhack is loading will cause the quickhack indicator to not go away. It just hovers there.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post

Sometimes get stuck in a no-run mode. Walk, yes, run, no. No dodging, either. But getting hit by a car sometimes fixes that.
    I thought this was a bug at first too, but I think it's intentional, actually. There are some areas in the game that seem to disable some of your movement options; no sprint, can't jump (or in some areas you can jump but not DOUBLE jump), etc.

Some phone calls (but not all of them) also seem to disable your movement abilities; main mission calls only, perhaps.

30. - Top - End - #90

DruidGuy

I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced. Probably even before that.

Weirdly I've not really played any CDPR games before - maybe an hour of Witcher 3 and a couple of rounds of Gwent and that is all. But I am a massive fan of the TTRPG it is based on and have been for 30 odd years. Cyberpunk 2020 would be the game system I've played second most, only behind AD&D 2E. The lore and the world built up by Mike Pondsmith is second to none really, which is why I have been wanting this game for so long. (Mike is in the game, on one of the radio channels as well, for a neat cameo.)

Is it perfect? No, but I am still having a lot of fun in it. Perhaps 50-60 hours already, and a lot more to come.

I'm playing on an older machine that doesn't meet recommended specs. Means I have to play on the lowest settings. Oddly, I'm not having much trouble with it. Some graphical glitches, which could be due to my old machine, just two crashes and only one bug that I've run across, and a minor one at that. I couldn't switch to third person view on vehicles until I had reloaded. Not a biggie.

Bethesda games have been worse for me at launch, though I know others, especially on older gen consoles, are having it a bit harder.

They didn't start working on this one until after they had finished Witcher 3 and all its content (they don't have multiple studios who can work on many games simultaneously unlike some places), so that makes it 3 or so so years. Probably could have done with some more work first.

But they got caught in a tough spot. When they delayed the game they got numerous death threats. Then when they released the game they got numerous death threats - probably from many of the same people. And you wonder why people think that gamers can act a little entitled at times... And then you have corpos being corpos, leaving the devs to catch the flack.