New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    One setting that might be a little odd to find. Go into Gameplay and turn Crowd Density down, and slow HDD mode on.
    I already got a refund on it, but I'm thinking I might get it for Playstation 4-- I don't need the graphics to be any better than the other games I have for the Playstation. Or I might just pass altogether and wait for the price to drop before revisiting it or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Right now whatever platform you're considering I'd reccommend waiting 6 months before you pick up Cyberpunk.

3. - Top - End - #93

OK, 66 hours in, and I'm done with the game. Male V, Male Voice, Streetkid, Netrunner build.

Spoiler: Performance/Experience anecdotes
    Show

Started out Playing on a 1050TI and an AMD 8150FX, so GPU below recommended and CPU below minimum. Game ran like ass, but no crashes except for when the CPU overheated.

Ended on the same GPU and an Ryzen 5 5600x - Stable 30FPS (locked), got one CTD during a cutscene. Apart from that, only cosmetic glitches that I noticed.

Got five Endings so far. I'll name the spoiler tags after the Achievements, so only open the ones that you already got.

Spoiler: Ending: The Star
    Show

Let Panam help you, and get back in your own body.
    A nice ending, tied up the plot just fine. Probably the "Canon" Ending, and I'm fine with that. Not that much to say about this. It felt nice, deserved, but not something that hit me that hard.

Spoiler: Ending: No Achievement, but it's the "Theres another way" Option on the roof where you choose
    Show

Holy crap, what a gutpunch. The ending Cutscene itself was really good. Helped that it was the first time in hours that I saw my V in 3rd person. And the little vignettes afterwards? Holy hell, so much misery. Emotional as hell. Judy was especially heartbreaking.

Spoiler: Ending: Temperance
    Show

Let Panam help you, leave your Body to Johnny.
    Felt a bit underwhelming, I guess. The Part at the columbarium was nice, the rest fell a bit flat. The Credits Vignettes were also a bit... lackluster? Didn't really feal connected to the storyline. Don't know what I expected.

Spoiler: Ending: The Sun
    Show

OK, these missions feel Cyberpunk, allright. Going from the vibes of the rest of the game, these are the first Ending Missions CDPR wrote. The Ending was good, too. Nice sense of closure. Bit sad that the choice of romance doesn't really play into this, and the estrangement from where you came from evidenced in the Vignettes.

I especially liked that this is the ending where I get to stay in NC as V.

Spoiler: Ending: The Devil
    Show

Eh, not too hot on this one. Feels kinda disjointed. Not much else to say. Shame I didn't get to thwart Hanakos plan somehow. Also, the Ending "choices" are kinda weird.

For those who are done - which one was your fav?

Also, general observations:
    • Netrunner Builds are OP. In a good way. Feels right on the money
    • The open world was nice, but a bit unpolished
    • Generally, the game felt less Cyberpunk the further into the main story I got. I'd have liked more of the game to be like the prologue and Act 1. More Heists, more, I dunno, Cyberpunk. Let me break into Tessier-Ashpools core or something like that.
      • The whole Panam questline had more of a Mad Max type feel to me, even though I liked it.
      • River was kinda there. Nothing to write home about, apart from that one mission. I'm shure those who've played it know which one I mean.
      • The Judy questline was nice, too, but didn't really feel Cyberpunk to me either.
      • The Kerry missions hit close to home, me being a (hobbyist) musician in the Rock/Metal genre and approaching my 40s.
      • The Rogue missions were also kinda just there
      • The Goro missions were the only ones that I felt were closer to what in my mind encapsulates the Cyberpunk feeling.
      • Voodoo Boys felt flat for me, too. They were just too removed from the goings-on. More of that with another faction would've been nice.
        Spoiler: Voodoo Boys
        Show
        So after screwing me up not once, but twice I iced them all. You don't get to screw with me, Jackasses. Won't do that on a second playthrough, but from what I gather that doesn't change the plot...
      • The one questline that stood out was the Mayor Candidate one - The ending there was so good. Shame they didn't really follow it up.

Overall, I liked it. I'll definitely return with the DLCs, and will do the other endings with two more characters. Is it the 2nd coming of Gaming Jesus? Well, Performance issues and Bugs aside: Still no. But a solid 9 out of 10 from me.
    Last edited by Whoracle; 2020-12-20 at 01:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post

Spoiler: Ending: The Sun
    Show

OK, these missions feel Cyberpunk, allright. Going from the vibes of the rest of the game, these are the first Ending Missions CDPR wrote. The Ending was good, too. Nice sense of closure. Bit sad that the choice of romance doesn't really play into this, and the estrangement from where you came from evidenced in the Vignettes.

I especially liked that this is the ending where I get to stay in NC as V.

For those who are done - which one was your fav?
    I got this one too. Worked very nicely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I romanced Judy and she does show up in your penthouse for this ending. BUT she leaves Night City (and you!) in this ending. Very said

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    I think their modifications to RED Engine didn't port to the consoles that well, cause similar issues are on the XBox series.

Witcher 3 utilized RE, and it didn't have as many issues on the consoles as CP2077 seems to have.

Definitely was rushed out, and it wasn't necessarily an unforeseen issue. It was one of the issues, IIRC, that led to delays.
    Here I agree with you, but you can not notice the fact that the game began to make in 2012...

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DanswordMaia View Post
    Here I agree with you, but you can not notice the fact that the game began to make in 2012...
    Oh, I'm not overlooking that. But given Witcher 3 came out over 5 years ago, and they resolved a lot of issues in that time, that doesn't give them a pass IMO with engine issues.

And, last I checked, the top line video card in 2012 was the AMD Radeon HD 7970 CF, with a whopping 3GB of RAM.

And midline performance for CP2077 calls for a GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB.

To up the resolution and rendering, that means a lot of engine modifications..
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Given the way Cyberpunk feels, I have a strong suspicion that CDPR scrapped a huge amount of work about two years ago. It just has that Mass Effect: Andromeda feeling of being assembled with duct tape and bailing wire at the last possible minute from whatever pieces were at hand. Because the writing is solid, and the art and environment design is spectacular, I think they had that nailed down earlier, and it's all the actual game bits that got binned and reworked in a hurry.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    Given the way Cyberpunk feels, I have a strong suspicion that CDPR scrapped a huge amount of work about two years ago. It just has that Mass Effect: Andromeda feeling of being assembled with duct tape and bailing wire at the last possible minute from whatever pieces were at hand. Because the writing is solid, and the art and environment design is spectacular, I think they had that nailed down earlier, and it's all the actual game bits that got binned and reworked in a hurry.
    It's almost certainly the point where they decided to scrap wallrunning and the spiderbot because it was complicating level design to much. I'm betting that wasn't the only thing they ditched in an attempt to get things under control for a project that really did seem like it wanted to do all the things then suddenly realized they needed to settle for way less things.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

I still love that you can climb on things that are above waist height.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

10. - Top - End - #100

Flumph

Yep. I agree. It feels like two games awkwardly wedged into the same executable. One is the heavily writing driven RPG that you play in the main plot and character sidestories, and the other is a Ubisoft style numbers-and-gear driven openworld shootmans game where nothing matters and only relates to the world it takes place in by the generic enemies you fight having slightly different gear and aesthetics.

The two games don't actually interact with each other much.

I think the biggest example of that is in River's series of missions. Almost none of them gave either my character sheet anything to do, they were really well written, but I could have done them at level 1 and not noticed much difference from doing them at level 45.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2020-12-21 at 02:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Yep. I agree. It feels like two games awkwardly wedged into the same executable. One is the heavily writing driven RPG that you play in the main plot and character sidestories, and the other is a Ubisoft style numbers-and-gear driven openworld shootmans game where nothing matters and only relates to the world it takes place in by the generic enemies you fight having slightly different gear and aesthetics.

The two games don't actually interact with each other much.

I think the biggest example of that is in River's series of missions. Almost none of them gave either my character sheet anything to do, they were really well written, but I could have done them at level 1 and not noticed much difference from doing them at level 45.
    This is my biggest complaint. The glitches and random stupid crap I can deal with, because it won't be forever. The Gigs that are nothing more than "Go here, kill X" will be, and they're incredibly boring after awhile.

Yes, some of the Gigs are actually kinda cool, like one Wakako gives you to go find this Skeleton Key. Ya, its go here, kill X find thing, but its just laid out better so I feel like I'm actually doing something. And as for the main plot, I'm more or less fine with the story they wanted to tell, I just don't like the way they told it.

Like, don't skip 6 months after the prologue. Hell, that caught me by surprise. I figured this was gonna be a Saints Row type game where I go do fairly normal low level stuff for like 80% of the game and then do something nuts in the last bit and deal with the fallout from that. Like, let me properly get to know Jackie and T Bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair to the game, making non-story open world encounters feel like they matter isn't a problem anybody's come close to having solved in a satisfying way. There's just too many of them in a big game to hand script them all with a story and consequences, and without any sort of open world stuff, the game would feel very lifeless.

About the only games I can think of that try to solve this are Shadow of Mordor/War, and Watch Dogs: Legion. The Middle Earth games at least have a main character, but implementing a nemesis style system in a very character driven game like Cyberpunk would be super hard. Legion goes so far as to programmatically generate relationship graphs and missions based on that, which is both impressive as hell... and kinda dull. Like sure it's better than just murdering that group of rando enemies because there's a map marker there, but not a ton. And the game absolutely pays for it in terms of personality. Which Cyberpunk very much has.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair to the game, making non-story open world encounters feel like they matter isn't a problem anybody's come close to having solved in a satisfying way. There's just too many of them in a big game to hand script them all with a story and consequences, and without any sort of open world stuff, the game would feel very lifeless.

About the only games I can think of that try to solve this are Shadow of Mordor/War, and Watch Dogs: Legion. The Middle Earth games at least have a main character, but implementing a nemesis style system in a very character driven game like Cyberpunk would be super hard. Legion goes so far as to programmatically generate relationship graphs and missions based on that, which is both impressive as hell... and kinda dull. Like sure it's better than just murdering that group of rando enemies because there's a map marker there, but not a ton. And the game absolutely pays for it in terms of personality. Which Cyberpunk very much has.
    Well, Fallout and Skyrim generally covered it by just making plenty of various missions to go do that all have little self contained stories.

Like, I don't need Gig number 6 to tie into the main plot, but I want it to be more than just an Outpost to clear out.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

I think MOST Gigs have at least something going on. I was pleasantly surprised at how much flavor some of them ooze, especially if you try to do them "the right way".

Mind this applies for Thievery type gigs and the like; "Merc for Hire" gigs that are just "Go here and kill these guys" are boring.

There's a particular one where you're tasked with retrieving a BD (evidence of a child murder) that I really liked; multiple paths of entry and ways to complete the task, with some good dialogue and a "moral choice" (do you let
    the BD editors live because they're just editing, not making these hardcore BDs, or kill them?). I've come across quite a few in that vein.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I think MOST Gigs have at least something going on. I was pleasantly surprised at how much flavor some of them ooze, especially if you try to do them "the right way".

Mind this applies for Thievery type gigs and the like; "Merc for Hire" gigs that are just "Go here and kill these guys" are boring.

There's a particular one where you're tasked with retrieving a BD (evidence of a child murder) that I really liked; multiple paths of entry and ways to complete the task, with some good dialogue and a "moral choice" (do you let
    the BD editors live because they're just editing, not making these hardcore BDs, or kill them?). I've come across quite a few in that vein.
    Oh that one.

Ya I killed everyone without a second thought. You are editing a snuff BD, you made your choice.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Oh that one.

Ya I killed everyone without a second thought. You are editing a snuff BD, you made your choice.
    Same, but I like that it provides that extra bit of oomph to round out what could otherwise be a flat experience.

Honestly that's all I ask for from quests like that, which are basically Cyberpunk's equivalent to "radiant quests" in Skyrim. Little bit of filler to get extra XP and loot, but entertaining in their own way. Side Jobs and main missions are there for the more in-depth stuff.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-12-21 at 06:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

And honestly I don't necessarily even mind just rando groups of dudes to shoot. I like shooting dudes in this game, it's nice to have shootable dudes on tap at any given time. It's a little weird that nobody cares about me shooting these dudes, but since I can ignore them freely, it's not like them being there makes the game worse in any way.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

And honestly I don't necessarily even mind just rando groups of dudes to shoot. I like shooting dudes in this game, it's nice to have shootable dudes on tap at any given time. It's a little weird that nobody cares about me shooting these dudes, but since I can ignore them freely, it's not like them being there makes the game worse in any way.
    Pretty sure no one cares because of the ruined Police AI. Like, think about it, just about every Gig tells you to leave the area and then your Fixer calls you. Now, this doesn't make a ton of sense, unless you're trying to bail before the cops show up.

Of course, they can't do that because their AI is the equivalent of holding together a hay bayler with duct tape and bayler twine, so it looks fine, but it can't move.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

I vaguely recall from a tooltip or something that the reason is because the police basically don't prosecute anything outside LoS in Night City; they just can't be ****ing bothered. Especially with all the auged up psychos in the streets, they don't get paid enough to prosecute crimes they just hear about, and let citizens take matters into their own hands. They clearly do some investigation, but it's always after the fact; police very rarely show up to crimes in progress (unless committed by the player...and even then response times are slooowwww).

There's also implied to have been some kind of major expansion of the 2nd Amendment in this world that might explain soem things as well.

It's why the murder rate is so gosh darn high. 7103 murders per year is the listed figure, and it's absolutely insane. That's over 4 times last year's homicides for the ENTIRE USA.

Fixers also seem to control pretty much everything when it comes to doing business at a street level; and not just crooked business. Fixers seem to be either openly or certainly tacitly allowed to contract operators for any job you'd care to mention. I imagine that's why the Fixer-Merc relationship is considered so integral, and part of why cutting a Fixer out of a deal is considered poor form and likely to nuke your rep; you almost need to work with Fixers to work at all outside the corps.

Maybe I'll crack open a Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook and see if it's explicitly stated anywhere.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-12-21 at 08:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Thats just a cover for the fact that the Police AI in this game completely lack anything more than the most basic Pathfinding AI. They will barely go more than 10 feet from their spawn to chase after you.

This is further backed up by the fact that if you listen to cops talking about stuff, they very clearly show up to calls and things, because they get shot at, or attacked by Cyperpsychos and things like that.

As far as I'm aware the cops are something you need to deal with in Cyberpunk 2020, cuz they certainly are in every other Cyberpunk IP
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Thats just a cover for the fact that the Police AI in this game completely lack anything more than the most basic Pathfinding AI. They will barely go more than 10 feet from their spawn to chase after you.

This is further backed up by the fact that if you listen to cops talking about stuff, they very clearly show up to calls and things, because they get shot at, or attacked by Cyperpsychos and things like that.

As far as I'm aware the cops are something you need to deal with in Cyberpunk 2020, cuz they certainly are in every other Cyberpunk IP
    Not really no. Cops were a player class in Cyberpunk 2020, and PC cops were basically the above average cop who actually investigated things. The game strongly implied that given their being outgunned, overworked, and underpaid, most cops in NC don't do more than the bare minimum.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Not really no. Cops were a player class in Cyberpunk 2020, and PC cops were basically the above average cop who actually investigated things. The game strongly implied that given their being outgunned, overworked, and underpaid, most cops in NC don't do more than the bare minimum.
    Indeed, theres even a gig in the game where you have to stop a good cop from doing her job because if she continues forward with her investigation shell probably wind up getting killed by the other cops because many of them are on the take from various gangs. Its basically just a few good cops while the rest are either dirty or at the least apathetic to the cause because everyone knows the real people in charge are the corps and gangs who are often sponsored by corps.

23. - Top - End - #113

DruidGuy

Saw someone make a comment elsewhere that things really have changed.

Back in the day New Vegas released as a buggy game that crashed four times before you reached town and even it's patched state is still unstable and yet it is regarded as one of the best RPGs by many people.

The response today would not have been so kind.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

Back in the day New Vegas released as a buggy game that crashed four times before you reached town and even it's patched state is still unstable and yet it is regarded as one of the best RPGs by many people.

New Vegas was widely criticized for its bugs and w a s considered a good game in spite of them. Cyberpunk is buggies than new Vegas ever was, to the point that their largest market can't even play it, and is considered to be pretty underwhelming even when it works.

People went into New Vegas knowing what to expect. CDPR promised everything, delivered nothing, and intentionally suppressed reviews to trick people into buying the game. It's a world of difference.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, I agree with Anteros there--New Vegas, for all its bugginess, was an absolutely awesome game that totally fulfilled every expectation the fans had of it. I've not heard the same of Cyberpunk 2077.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    New Vegas was widely criticized for its bugs and w a s considered a good game in spite of them. Cyberpunk is buggies than new Vegas ever was, to the point that their largest market can't even play it, and is considered to be pretty underwhelming even when it works.

People went into New Vegas knowing what to expect. CDPR promised everything, delivered nothing, and intentionally suppressed reviews to trick people into buying the game. It's a world of difference.
    Last gen consoles aside the game is nowhere near as buggy as New Vegas was on PC. As for the game itself, it is honestly better than New Vegas from a gameplay perspective because NV tried to straddle the line between iron sights and character skill which made it have a sort of hybrid system that to me never felt satisfying. Storylinewise I think NV comes ahead somewhat but CP has some really good story arcs and a pretty good cast of supporting characters so its not like the difference between the two is that vast.

Besides I'm a pretty firm believer that unless the bugs are truly amazingly atrocious people will ignore them. I think everyone here can think of a horribly buggy game that they love despite its warts. Its just the game had way too much hype and way too long of an information window. If they had kept their mouths shut and only released a few vids here and there over the past six months to a year it wouldn't be nearly as badly received.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

I still have not encountered any serious bugs. Or even heard of anyone reporting to have had one. There are rare visual glitches, but that's all that I am aware of.
    Never had quests not update, being unable to talk with quest-NPCs, enemies getting stuck in walls, myself glitching through the floor, cars levitating in the sky, elevators not responding, or anything in that regard. Such things were standard in all RPG back in my days. When we had to go to school barefoot in snow, uphill, both ways. It was standard even 10 years ago for big name RPGs.
    In over 50 hours of play, I only had to reload after dying in combat. And even though the game makes five auto-saves and keeps five quick-saves, and I keep up to 12 manual saves around out of habit, I never loaded a save other than the most recent one. Not saying they shouldn't be ashamed for the game being in the state it is, but in the all time list of shameful releases, this one actually stands pretty down at the bottom to me.

And in the latest episode of "Spot that Reference": I think the Arasaka Heavies look a lot like Briareos from Appleseed.
    And Misty obviously looks like one of the replicants from Blade Runner.
    Last edited by Yora; 2020-12-22 at 04:47 AM.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

I played New Vegas at launch on console at it wasn't anywhere near this bad. Ya, it crashed occasionally, but that's all that happened beyond silly physics glitches that made corpses spaz out.

CP was literally unplayable for me for the first day, the armor doesn't do anything, and many people on console have reported that various missions either won't complete or won't start. Oh, and PS5 players can get stuck in their settings menu after update 1.05.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Flumph

Also on PC if your save file gets bigger than 8MB it becomes unloadable.

I've got quests stuck in my quest log, an implant that no longer activates, and have been phased into geometry coming out of sneak mode and flung hundreds of metres into the air by mild collisions on my bike. I've passed by wild exploding car fountains too as the physics sends them flying in all directions.

It's buggier than New Vegas was at launch, it's not as good as New Vegas at being an RPG where the narrative and mechanics work together and both feed into and draw from your skill sheet.

And New Vegas was whipped up in 18 months not 6 years.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2020-12-22 at 06:29 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    I still have not encountered any serious bugs. Or even heard of anyone reporting to have had one.
    In the sixth post of this very thread, boj0 wrote:

"The game doesn't want me to play it however, I get about ~3 crashes a session, constant lagging, graphics and meshes not loading, enemies T posing in combat, and now a bug where my side gigs aren't completing. I can't finish missions...that's pretty damming in a game chock full of missions."

So, none of those are serious bugs in your estimation?