Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by KineticDiplomat View Post
    I do find it incredibly true to form how V does moralizing:

-Snip-

I shot them because I didn’t want any witnesses.
    "Cyberpunk isn't about saving humanity, it's about saving yourself." - Mike Pondsmith, creator of the Cyberpunk TTRPG

This really comes to the fore when V discusses stuff with Johnny, especially when he contrasts everything happening to his experiences in trying to live up to his own principles. The biggest issue is the lack of continuity outside of... 2 quests?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Psycho Killers, Regina is impressed and thankful for you keeping them all alive. And when the Scavs manage to catch you again, and even that is inconsistent, because they want bloody revenge even if you take them out without a drop of blood spilled as far as I can tell.

There's interconnected parts to things happening in the city, but character impact isn't felt often, which is a damn shame.

For Beat the Brat, yeah the bullet sponge side of thing becomes way more on show here than anywhere else, but I am on my playthrough focusing on Body with brawling and the annihilation tree, I'll report back if it feels any easier with a dedicated Punch-Fu build.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2020-12-27 at 07:07 PM.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Beat on the Brat secret fight
    Show
    Aside from the fights having the same problem as the Fist Fighters quest chain from Fable (ie enemies are sponges and your character gets 2 shot by them) the best fight was against Ozob. He's probably the most chill about the whole situation, pays out a ton of eddies, and you can get a special ending by punching him in the face repeatedly.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I tried Rhino a couple of times, and she seemed doable, but I figure a couple of extra levels will make a difference, or maybe some Cyber. I didn't even know there were different rarity/better Gorilla Arms, I'm just rolling with common ones.
    Yeah, I got the legendaries. I'm mostly netrunner / crafting spec this run, so 'meh' body. Charged GA with a guaranteed bleed?

"Let the bodies hit the floor..."

Also, System Reset? Makes the game so easysauce against heavily cybered enemies. Like that psycho with the sniper rifle atop the tower with the two mines at the top of the ladder? Okay, you got the first shot on me thanks to story mode, but now that I see you, TAKE A NAP.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-12-28 at 01:07 PM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

4. - Top - End - #214

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Also, System Reset? Makes the game so easysauce against heavily cybered enemies. Like that psycho with the sniper rifle atop the tower with the two mines at the top of the ladder? Okay, you got the first shot on me thanks to story mode, but now that I see you, TAKE A NAP.
    It's awesome, especially if you get the Cyberware processor that lets your ultimate spread to another target nearby. However, it might have been a bug for me, but using the hack gives you no experience points for the take down.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, is anyone else a little peeved with just how insanely tough the Valentino's are?

1v1 I can usually take them, but when you go from slaughtering Arasaka troopers like it's doom to getting one shot by the Valentino's it makes you wonder why Jackie didn't just call a couple of his gang buddies over for muscle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Honestly, is anyone else a little peeved with just how insanely tough the Valentino's are?

1v1 I can usually take them, but when you go from slaughtering Arasaka troopers like it's doom to getting one shot by the Valentino's it makes you wonder why Jackie didn't just call a couple of his gang buddies over for muscle.
    I have this issue with several enemies. Like, head over towards the badlands and the Scavs take multiple headshots. Good god.

I think I'd be less annoyed if the, rather absurd, HP bloat corresponded to an increase in visible Cyberware on the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    It's awesome, especially if you get the Cyberware processor that lets your ultimate spread to another target nearby. However, it might have been a bug for me, but using the hack gives you no experience points for the take down.
    Which is why, except on the CP quests, I punch them with GA. Thunk. Dead. XP.

As for the difficulty ... mmm, Legendary Contagion + Netwatch Netdriver Mk 5 (Offensive quickhacks can be uploaded to 3 targets within a 6-meter radius, increases damage dealt by quickhacks by 30%, increases cyberdeck RAM recovery rate by 9 unit(s) per 60 sec, increases quickhacks spread distance by 60%....) + all Quickhack perks ... PLUS upping my crit rate ... breach, contagion, 1k+ ticks, all from a location they don't have LOS on. Watching the screen is like a march of red flags followed by outlines hitting the ground. And I almost never run out of RAM (over 24 now) to keep it cycling and active.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-12-28 at 08:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

I first do nonlethal take downs with contagion or something, then I do lethal take downs with a blade (I go cutting everyone's head, killing them gives xp). My V has turned to be... kind of a psychopath. Hopefully she will be cured in 10 more levels when she reaches the level cap.
    Last edited by thethird; 2020-12-29 at 04:31 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Is there a way to permanently turn out combat robots like you can stealth knockout humans?
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

10. - Top - End - #220

SamuraiGuy

Unfortunately, robots have no take-down mechanics as far as I can see, but they are very vulnerable to the Shock quickhack, and system reset also affects them.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't have any problems with them so far. I just thought it would be cool to do "neutralize all enemies" objectives stealthily even when there's robots present. A master console to shut down all guard robots in the area would be fun as an alternative to a remote shutdown hack that you can use on turrets.

Something I noticed is that most of the perks in the game seem pretty meh. I am now level 23 and there isn't really anything I want to put my perk points into. Maybe once I have some stats above 14 (have not checked those yet), but all the ones I have access to now seem really useless.
    - More components from dismantling.
    - 10% less damage from rare attacks (I think it was grenades)
    - Regain RAM more quickly + Shorter Quickhack cooldowns. (RAM and cooldowns are never an issue during fights for me.)
    - Extra damage against drones and mechs (which I've seen maybe two or three times in 60 hours).
    - Auto-regenerate health up to a certain amount out of combat. (I have 500 healing items and infinite food is everywhere.)
    - Several that give you more stamina. (Stamina is completely pointless unless you melee brawl)
    - 5/10/20% reduced fall damage. (Who gets fall damage?)

I feel I already have everything for a stealthy, quick-hacking pistolero. And I just started going outside Watson.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    - 5/10/20% reduced fall damage. (Who gets fall damage?)
    I got fall damage quite a lot. I am reckless with gravity.

But if it didn't kill me it didn't matter. I finished the game with north of 500 healing items. Damage? Who cares about damage?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

- Regain RAM more quickly + Shorter Quickhack cooldowns. (RAM and cooldowns are never an issue during fights for me.)
    Some higher level enemies need 10-16 RAM to affect. And when you have large groups that even with all the spread modifiers you need multiple applications to clear out, it's handy.

5/10/20% reduced fall damage. (Who gets fall damage?)
    I do. Then again, I'm a parkourish type that gets into those high spots where melee enemies end up going 'duh' for the duration. Not to mention I run Lynx on my legs so I can scoot behind folks without detection rather than creep-sneak.

Plus, it comes in handy getting to gigs that are on a lower level than you without having to go looking for ramps or smaller drops.

Unfortunately, robots have no take-down mechanics as far as I can see, but they are very vulnerable to the Shock quickhack, and system reset also affects them.
    Pretty much. They're not living, so you can't just snap their necks or strangle them out. The three methods are to use quickhacks, EMP grenades or just shoot the suckers.

If you REALLY want fun, the Cripple quickhack also works if you want to use them for a pinata. That's what I did with that one cyberpsycho in a military lift rig - can't otherwise shut him down, but he was vulnerable to cripple...
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-12-29 at 09:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Pretty much. They're not living, so you can't just snap their necks or strangle them out. The three methods are to use quickhacks, EMP grenades or just shoot the suckers.
    But is there a quickhack to turn them off without fighting?

15. - Top - End - #225

I think System Reset works on them, too. I'd have to check to be sure, though.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Short Circuit, as mentioned. Rare level also adds an EMP effect. It's been a one-shot with most robots I've run into. Just watch it upload, then there's the BANG.

And, of course, System Reset.

The rest are pretty much control measures that let you beat on them without them being able to return fire.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

There's a perk in quickhacking that gives you a damage bonus from stealth. That plus Short Circuit will instantly end any robot other than the big ED-209 ones. They don't alert anyone when used.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Basically it comes down to maximizing:

Bloodware (30% more damage from quickhacks)
    Subliminal Message (50% more damage if they're not alerted)
    Critical Error (your crit rate = quickhack crit rate)

Mass Vulnerability: Quickhacks (+30% damage)

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. Looking forward to that.

20. - Top - End - #230

Huh. Started a second Character (Female Corpo), and it turns out that you can hit Level 14, 30SC in Act 1 before The Heist as well as craft all Epic Quick Hacks that I normally use including System Reset. I'm going to be completely overpowered by the End of Act 1. Neat :)

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

The out of combat regen is actually pretty nice, as it means you don't need to do anything to get your HP back. And its really quick
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
    Huh. Started a second Character (Female Corpo), and it turns out that you can hit Level 14, 30SC in Act 1 before The Heist as well as craft all Epic Quick Hacks that I normally use including System Reset. I'm going to be completely overpowered by the End of Act 1. Neat :)
    Sure. If you hit every NCPD bounty and side gig, not to mention stop whenever you see a star on the map in Act I, you can easily go into Act II pretty much able to head into any side gigs and bounties except those Downtown.

I also ran around triggering the advanced breaches on devices for hacking experience. Running everywhere and doing parkour stuff for the athletics. Thanks to the drink trick, also hit high in the crafting / engineering stuff, not to mention being kitted out.

Another thing? Scan all the time for red, make sure they're gangers / unaffiliated, then just unload on them. Random spawns make for XP fodder.

And you can hit max SC pretty quick in Act II.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-12-29 at 06:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly I prefer Cyberpsychosis for bots since it turns them friendly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Something I noticed is that most of the perks in the game seem pretty meh. I am now level 23 and there isn't really anything I want to put my perk points into. Maybe once I have some stats above 14 (have not checked those yet), but all the ones I have access to now seem really useless.
    - More components from dismantling.
    If you like having infinite resources and money, improving your salvaging can make it possible to get more materials from scrapping an item than it takes to craft...
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

All the high level high cost quick hacks just seem pointless. Contagion, overheat and short circuit kill everything with no trouble (usually it’s just contagion that does it). I have reboot optics and weapon malfunction just so I can upload two more daemons during breach.

Even bosses are completely non-challenging on Very Hard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oda fight went 1. Breach 2. Overheat 3. Unload assault rifle at point blank range into head for 3 seconds 4. Dead.

Smasher at the end was similar except I also short circuited him for an extra 20k damage or so.

The player scaling is WAY off in the game. I can drive up to a building and clear it non-lethally with my netrunner without getting out of my car. If I do have to get out of my car I basically only take damage from snipers or heavy pistols or melee because I have something like 5000 armor (could probably hit almost 6 if I put a helmet on but they change my haircut). Machine gun fire just tickles.

The game is still fun but at around level 30 you’re so grossly overpowered in offense that there’s basically no challenge anymore.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    All the high level high cost quick hacks just seem pointless. Contagion, overheat and short circuit kill everything with no trouble (usually it’s just contagion that does it). I have reboot optics and weapon malfunction just so I can upload two more daemons during breach.

Even bosses are completely non-challenging on Very Hard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oda fight went 1. Breach 2. Overheat 3. Unload assault rifle at point blank range into head for 3 seconds 4. Dead.

Smasher at the end was similar except I also short circuited him for an extra 20k damage or so.

The player scaling is WAY off in the game. I can drive up to a building and clear it non-lethally with my netrunner without getting out of my car. If I do have to get out of my car I basically only take damage from snipers or heavy pistols or melee because I have something like 5000 armor (could probably hit almost 6 if I put a helmet on but they change my haircut). Machine gun fire just tickles.

The game is still fun but at around level 30 you’re so grossly overpowered in offense that there’s basically no challenge anymore.
    Spoiler: End Boss Spilers
    Show

There's an Iconic SHotgun you can get that fires 20 pellets and a dude, without crits mind you, was getting 120k a shot if they all hit. A decent shotgun build will one shot Smasher.

It's incredibly stupid.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

From what I can tell, the game overall seems to be more challenging and fun if you don't do crafting at all...which tracks with my experience of most RPGs with crafting systems. I'm level 30 and have nowhere near 1000 armor, much less five times that.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-12-31 at 06:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    From what I can tell, the game overall seems to be more challenging and fun if you don't do crafting at all...which tracks with my experience of most RPGs with crafting systems. I'm level 30 and have nowhere near 1000 armor, much less five times that.
    Which is why my next run will probably be no major crafting or cyber. Just to see the difference.
    Still going to sink a point or two into the breakdown perks in crafting - too much of a moneymaker.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Not only is crafting equipment a bad system, filling the game world with trash items to turn into crafting components is just as bad. It's a distraction when you loot a room during an important dialog scene or major battle.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, I wish crafting systems were more..... Crafty, in most games.

I don't want an alternate way to purchase gear or equipment. I want to build a screaming death trap of a war machine that's effectiveness relies on how well designed it was.
    Spoiler
    Show