New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 6: Six at the Beach

Butterfly Bay

The man shakes his head.
    "I'll be alright, really. I just need to get to my place. There's plenty of water there. But if you've got those I'll buy something pricey when we get there to pay for your time, okay? I'm-"
    "Hey Mister Codebreaker!" a little ork girl trots over to him, jabbing him right in the belly. She giggles at his yelp of protest as if she's done this before. "Are you here to ask Mommy for payments again?"
    "Codebreaker" blinks. "Ah, no. You tell your mom that Codebreaker forgot what she owed him while he was out of town so she can just forget about the whole thing. It's his fault for not writing it down. Um...my house is still there, right?" "Uh-huh. Still the biggest one on the block, too. Mark's been cleaning off the paint Kicker's gang keeps putting on it like you asked. Some of it was preeeetty nastyyyy." She grins toothily.
    "Oh, well tell him that I owe him. And he should come pick it up because I don't think I remember what I promised him either." '
    The girl squints at him with suspicion. "Say Mister...did you hit your head?"
    "Yes. Hard. Like a dork." comes Codebreaker's response, flat as a dinner plate.
    "Oh. Well okay. You should really wear a helmet when you play Clawball, you know. Not that that's what you were probably doing." She jabs him again. "Later Mister!" she giggles and skips off.

"Okay I think it's that way." says the wolf to Valentina, gesturing in the direction the girl's head was pointing when she mentioned the house.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #392
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Butterfly Bay

The man shakes his head.
    "I'll be alright, really. I just need to get to my place. There's plenty of water there. But if you've got those I'll buy something pricey when we get there to pay for your time, okay? I'm-"
    "Hey Mister Codebreaker!" a little ork girl trots over to him, jabbing him right in the belly. She giggles at his yelp of protest as if she's done this before. "Are you here to ask Mommy for payments again?"
    "Codebreaker" blinks. "Ah, no. You tell your mom that Codebreaker forgot what she owed him while he was out of town so she can just forget about the whole thing. It's his fault for not writing it down. Um...my house is still there, right?" "Uh-huh. Still the biggest one on the block, too. Mark's been cleaning off the paint Kicker's gang keeps putting on it like you asked. Some of it was preeeetty nastyyyy." She grins toothily.
    "Oh, well tell him that I owe him. And he should come pick it up because I don't think I remember what I promised him either." '
    The girl squints at him with suspicion. "Say Mister...did you hit your head?"
    "Yes. Hard. Like a dork." comes Codebreaker's response, flat as a dinner plate.
    "Oh. Well okay. You should really wear a helmet when you play Clawball, you know. Not that that's what you were probably doing." She jabs him again. "Later Mister!" she giggles and skips off.

"Okay I think it's that way." says the wolf to Valentina, gesturing in the direction the girl's head was pointing when she mentioned the house.
    Valentina blinks a little at the conversation before her. She wasn't totally sure what to make of it. The wolfman seemed nice enough, she supposes, but the girl...enh, Valentina chalks it up to how much the wolfman looked like he'd gone through recently.

At any rate, she couldn't really turn down pay while she was navigating a foreign land. She knew already the money was different from what she used back home.

"...alright, deal." She answers, putting the potion back in her cloak. "But, uh...if you get any worse, you can still have the potion before we get there."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

"Cool. Uh, so call me Codebreaker. It's a cultural thing, trust me." It sounds like this guy's parents named him after a movie or something.
    "I don't think I got your name? We're looking for Monarch Drive, by the way." he offers a paw to shake. His nails are perfectly trimmed.
    He'll set off if she does, though he's hobbling a little on that stick, he trips every once and a while, and there's a little stick stuck in his tail from one of his falls.

4. - Top - End - #394

Butterfly Bay

"Cool. Uh, so call me Codebreaker. It's a cultural thing, trust me." It sounds like this guy's parents named him after a movie or something.
    "I don't think I got your name? We're looking for Monarch Drive, by the way." he offers a paw to shake. His nails are perfectly trimmed.
    Valentina nods, finding the name...a little much, but not so unusual. She'd known people who gave themselves titles in the past. She wonders if there were anything like Vrigans here.

"Oh! I'm Valentina." She takes the paw, letting him do the shaking motion unless he took too long. "I'll try to look out for Monarch Drive, then. Do you know if that's nearby, or...?" She realized as she said it he probably didn't, but she would take any hints she got here.

He'll set off if she does, though he's hobbling a little on that stick, he trips every once and a while, and there's a little stick stuck in his tail from one of his falls.
    Once he answers her question, Valentina walks in the direction he pointed, looking back to make sure he was following and stopping every now and again to let him move forward and catch his breath. She was looking around for anyone she could ask for directions as well.

Eventually, she asks Codebreaker something close to what she had wanted to know "So, uh...you said you hadn't been here in a year? What happened?"

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

"Very important priestly business. And also some personal stuff. Nothin' you have to worry about." Codebreaker huffs, clearly dodging the question.
    "Just look for big, fancy houses. It's in the area by the water. This town ain't that big." He sure is glad he spent the morning here before he went up to check out the shrine. Or he'd look really dumb right now.
    Luckily he's right. It's only a ten minute walk. Well, it would be if Codebreaker wasn't so mind-numbingly slow. But she's being paid for this, right?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

[First Date Night]

Olvisin listens with a grim but understanding expression.

"That does explain it. People will close ranks and deny everything rather than accept that a 'respectable' family member might have done something awful." She thanks the waiters with a nod and starts digging into her food, slowly and savoring it. "At least your mother got some closure in the end. And your family had enough common decency not to keep lying to preserve his memory or whatever." Then she points her fork at Chidi playfully. "Good on you to have learned responsibility from it all, too. Though there's at least one long-term consequence the two of us don't need to worry about."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Silver Sand Stretch

Sekhmet follows the directions and gets the phone back how she wanted it. She looks at it a little more before deciding. "It's better now, uh, thank you." She puts it back into her purse. She doesn't need it out anymore.
    [Silver Sand Stretch]

"Yay!" Zabb says, hugging her again. "Isn't this nice? Maybe now you'll even smile anytime you see me around, right?" He teases, pulling back and beaming at her.

"So if we're done, then let's both go to GLoG. Tusky's waiting to play!" He declares, landing but waiting for her to take the lead. "We can fly there, too. It'll be fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [First Date Night]

Olvisin listens with a grim but understanding expression.

"That does explain it. People will close ranks and deny everything rather than accept that a 'respectable' family member might have done something awful." She thanks the waiters with a nod and starts digging into her food, slowly and savouring it. "At least your mother got some closure in the end. And your family had enough common decency not to keep lying to preserve his memory or whatever." Then she points her fork at Chidi playfully. "Good on you to have learned responsibility from it all, too. Though there's at least one long-term consequence the two of us don't need to worry about."
    [First Date Night]

"Yeah. I may come from what's regarded as 'the future' in these parts, but some things never change. Of course, not everyone is hoping to discuss it, his memory must be kept sacred... but even those peoples' attempts to reconcile were genuine. By that time, they said even he regretted his past actions, but not enough to reach out to her before he died, see?" Chidi finishes with a grim frown on his face, then makes a dismissive wave with his free hand. "We're all on good terms now - for the most part, anyway... and that's what's important."

He laughs in response to that last, playful thing she said. "Hehe... yeah." He begins to eat his food, savouring the taste in his mouth. Turns out his claims had weight to them, Olvisin might find that this is truly well-done food. It'd explain why the place is almost full, despite being on the large side.

"So, when do I get to meet your siblings? I think it'd be cool to meet the whole gang, see?" He suddenly asks.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #398

Butterfly Bay

"Very important priestly business. And also some personal stuff. Nothin' you have to worry about." Codebreaker huffs, clearly dodging the question.
    "Just look for big, fancy houses. It's in the area by the water. This town ain't that big." He sure is glad he spent the morning here before he went up to check out the shrine. Or he'd look really dumb right now.
    Luckily he's right. It's only a ten minute walk. Well, it would be if Codebreaker wasn't so mind-numbingly slow. But she's being paid for this, right?
    Valentina squints a bit at Codebreaker, seeming to try to size him up, and then relents. "If it's too personal that's okay. I was just wondering..." She added "I haven't even been on this world before, so I can't be too careful, right?"

She notes the size of the houses as she walks past--it wasn't a common sight on her world, but it was something she'd seen occasionally. The amount of big houses here, though...that was a little new. She was somewhat impressed by it actually.

When they enter Monarch Drive, Valentina doesn't find the distinguishing features she hoped for, so she turns to Codebreaker "Do you know which house it is on here?"

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

”Well, yeah. It’s number 11. Big and white.” He assured her, and definitely not because that describes most of the houses on this block.
    It takes a while even to get five houses down due to the sheer size of the properties in question. Number 11 ends up being a positively lavish white structure. As promised it is the largest on the block with very clearly expensive materials. (Allen finds himself just happy it’s symmetrical and not red and blue). The lawn appears to have been kept in Codebreaker’s absence and indeed, the gate seems to have been painted over a few times.
    A which point Codebreaker finds himself leaning on Valentina with one hand. Definitely his knees again and not because he was just surprised with the place he now owns.
    ”Um. Well that’s it alright.” he eyes the bright brass 11 on the gate.
    ”How about we head inside then?” He manages to stand up straight long enough to free both hands and get the key around his neck off for actual use.

10. - Top - End - #400

Butterfly Bay

”Well, yeah. It’s number 11. Big and white.” He assured her, and definitely not because that describes most of the houses on this block.
    It takes a while even to get five houses down due to the sheer size of the properties in question. Number 11 ends up being a positively lavish white structure. As promised it is the largest on the block with very clearly expensive materials. (Allen finds himself just happy it’s symmetrical and not red and blue). The lawn appears to have been kept in Codebreaker’s absence and indeed, the gate seems to have been painted over a few times.
    A which point Codebreaker finds himself leaning on Valentina with one hand. Definitely his knees again and not because he was just surprised with the place he now owns.
    ”Um. Well that’s it alright.” he eyes the bright brass 11 on the gate.
    ”How about we head inside then?” He manages to stand up straight long enough to free both hands and get the key around his neck off for actual use.

Valentina blinks a few times at the size and structure of the place. She knew a lot of the things you'd need to build the outside, and it seemed...almost wasteful, to her, to gather all of that together. She supposes it would have to go somewhere, but still...

At any rate, she did need the money at the moment, though she realizes they never specified the amount. She wasn't exactly one to demand payment for helping people, but she couldn't help but feel a sense that she could be scammed here.

She brushes the thought aside "Uh...yeah, good idea." She answers. "You need anything else?"

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

"Well, my cash is inside. You can at least come in for a bit. We'll see if there's still anything good in the fridge."
    Codebreaker sticks the key in the lock, happy Valentina didn't get upset at being used as support. Several crystals by the door flash as he turns the knob and turn green. BIOMETRICS ACCEPTED
    The door opens up into a mud room. There's not much in there besides an open closet with oversized raincoats and towels. Likely makes sense since wolfen don't really wear shoes and Codebreaker needs to clean his feet before he gets in.
    Codebreaker will close the door behind Valentina if she enters the room.
    "Okay so we're inside and alone now and I know you're not from around here so can I possibly trust you with mildly sensitive information?" he asks hastily.

12. - Top - End - #402

Butterfly Bay

"Well, my cash is inside. You can at least come in for a bit. We'll see if there's still anything good in the fridge."
    Codebreaker sticks the key in the lock, happy Valentina didn't get upset at being used as support. Several crystals by the door flash as he turns the knob and turn green. BIOMETRICS ACCEPTED
    The door opens up into a mud room. There's not much in there besides an open closet with oversized raincoats and towels. Likely makes sense since wolfen don't really wear shoes and Codebreaker needs to clean his feet before he gets in.
    Valentina takes a breath as Codebreaker moves off of her--she figured this would happen at some point, and felt bad for him for whatever happened, but he's much bigger than her and the weight was a lot.

As they walked into the mud room, Valentina goes to the closet to put her shoes there, looking over at Codebreaker for permission.

Codebreaker will close the door behind Valentina if she enters the room.
    "Okay so we're inside and alone now and I know you're not from around here so can I possibly trust you with mildly sensitive information?" he asks hastily.
    Assuming the unspoken question about the shoes was answered, Valentina perks up a bit at the mention of information. She wasn't sure exactly what she wanted to know about this place yet (if it was even possible to know "about this place" given how much was going on here), but she would be a little more satisfied knowing, probably, about what happened to this guy.

"I mean...I can keep a secret." She settles on. "What's the information?"

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker awkwardly rubs his feet against the mat. He immediately begins removing his mantle and looks about to remove his white vestments until he realizes how little is under them.
    "I'm not the original Codebreaker. I'm his successor. His 'god' has assigned me to succeed him. And kind of uh. Gave me his identity. Apparently he vanished years ago without any family or friends or heirs or anyone else who would have inherited it. So um. Please don't tell anyone because a means well but I don't think they get that this is kinda sketchy legal-wise. And that it's kind of stressful gaining two hundred and three pounds and fur and a tail and different feet.
    So um. Wanna raid my predecessor's fridge and all his cool stuff with me? And I don't suppose you've got a potion of self-satisfaction?"
    he says quietly.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

[First Date Night]

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Eagle View Post
    "Yeah. I may come from what's regarded as 'the future' in these parts, but some things never change. Of course, not everyone is hoping to discuss it, his memory must be kept sacred... but even those peoples' attempts to reconcile were genuine. By that time, they said even he regretted his past actions, but not enough to reach out to her before he died, see?" Chidi finishes with a grim frown on his face, then makes a dismissive wave with his free hand. "We're all on good terms now - for the most part, anyway... and that's what's important."

He laughs in response to that last, playful thing she said. "Hehe... yeah." He begins to eat his food, savouring the taste in his mouth. Turns out his claims had weight to them, Olvisin might find that this is truly well-done food. It'd explain why the place is almost full, despite being on the large side.

"So, when do I get to meet your siblings? I think it'd be cool to meet the whole gang, see?" He suddenly asks.
    Olvisin's ears perk up and her eyes glint with mischief a little bit.

"I can arrange that, but you might want to take it slow and meet them one at a time. I'm told we're a force of nature when we're put together. At any rate, since you work at MERC, you might have run into them before without knowing who they are, but I can introduce you properly. The ones who work here, that is. Our other three siblings are still back home. Our mother and matron no doubt hope they won't follow us into a life of uncertainty and peril."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #405

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker awkwardly rubs his feet against the mat. He immediately begins removing his mantle and looks about to remove his white vestments until he realizes how little is under them.
    "I'm not the original Codebreaker. I'm his successor. His 'god' has assigned me to succeed him. And kind of uh. Gave me his identity. Apparently he vanished years ago without any family or friends or heirs or anyone else who would have inherited it. So um. Please don't tell anyone because a means well but I don't think they get that this is kinda sketchy legal-wise. And that it's kind of stressful gaining two hundred and three pounds and fur and a tail and different feet.
    So um. Wanna raid my predecessor's fridge and all his cool stuff with me?
    ."
    Valentina looks blank for a second, just trying to process what "Codebreaker" told her.

"Are...are you sure the old one isn't still alive?" She asks. "And what kind of god is a anyway?"..

She thinks, for a moment, and realizes she was getting ready to ask him way too many questions. He probably mostly sought her out for someone to talk to, more than anything else, and that softened her a bit.

"I...well, I will help. But you have to tell me everything you know. Alright?". She adds "No more mysterious priestly business."
    Last edited by Demon Prince; 2021-05-16 at 01:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker shakes his head.
    ”They’re a being that’s hard to describe. But they were 100% sure that Codebreaker was gone.
    And trust me, I would take this priestly stuff off right now if you didn’t mind looking at a wolf in his undies. If you don’t I’ll happily drop the pretenses until we find where he kept his pants.”

He’s clearly joking. But he does want out of those robes.

17. - Top - End - #407

Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker shakes his head.
    ”They’re a being that’s hard to describe. But they were 100% sure that Codebreaker was gone.
    And trust me, I would take this priestly stuff off right now if you didn’t mind looking at a wolf in his undies. If you don’t I’ll happily drop the pretenses until we find where he kept his pants.”

He’s clearly joking. But he does want out of those robes.
    Valentina laughs a little at the joke, but says in response "I didn't mean that business.".

She continues "I'm asking more...well, I guess we can talk about while you look, but..." She thinks about what to start off with, since there was a lot more that she wanted answered "...uh, first off, are you one of a's priests?" She notes he doesn't seem comfortable with the robes--that was a little strange.
    Last edited by Demon Prince; 2021-05-16 at 02:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

"Because I asked them for something, and this whole little setup is what they came up with. To be honest the job itself sounds pretty straightforward and easy - it's the half about claiming my reward-" he gestures around them. -that's the hard part. I don't think they even understand uniform so I can probably get away with toning down the lace a bit. Stains too easily. I wonder if he had a better cane..." Codebreaker looks around and stands up in horror as he picks up a pair of large glasses on a little stand. He swears, slowly lowering them onto his muzzle. Naturally, they fit perfectly.
    "[EXPUNGED]. I wear glasses." This explains why all of his other senses seemed so much better except his eyes.

19. - Top - End - #409

Butterfly Bay

"Because I asked them for something, and this whole little setup is what they came up with. To be honest the job itself sounds pretty straightforward and easy - it's the half about claiming my reward-" he gestures around them. -that's the hard part. I don't think they even understand uniform so I can probably get away with toning down the lace a bit. Stains too easily. I wonder if he had a better cane..." Codebreaker looks around and stands up in horror as he picks up a pair of large glasses on a little stand. He swears, slowly lowering them onto his muzzle. Naturally, they fit perfectly.
    "[EXPUNGED]. I wear glasses." This explains why all of his other senses seemed so much better except his eyes.
    "It...does?" Valentina says. "Well, I guess they told you things they didn't tell me. What was the old Codebreaker doing here anyway?"

Valentina looks around as "Codebreaker" does, searching for a cane for a moment before realizing it'd be in a closet if it was anywhere. She then turns to look through the door leading into the house proper from the mud room, seeing a room with a few abstract-looking paintings inside it.

"Also, uh...tell me when you're ready to go in. It's...sort of your house so..."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

"Same thing I'll be doing. Random tasks the boss wants and keeping the shrine clean. That's mostly it."
    Codebreaker opens the door into a grand foyer. Paintings and pictures decorate the walls, from abstract to landscape photos.
    The centerpiece appears to be a very much not abstract oil painting of a nearly-nude Codebreaker lying in repose with a Greek backdrop.
    "Oh god that's- that's me, isn't it? Is that what I look like? I haven't found a mirror yet.
    Okay, so now I'm really glad I told you he and I aren't the same person the second we got in or this would have been really awkward. That's going in a fire."
    Valentina will probably be able to tell that the skin visible in Codebreaker's ears is quite crimson at the moment.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Silver Sand Stretch

"Uh... Okay?" Sekhmet spreads her wings and prepares to take off.
    She actually took a bus to get here, so she's not sure exactly which way to fly back. But presumably Zabb knows.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #412

Butterfly Bay

"Same thing I'll be doing. Random tasks the boss wants and keeping the shrine clean. That's mostly it."
    Codebreaker opens the door into a grand foyer. Paintings and pictures decorate the walls, from abstract to landscape photos.
    The centerpiece appears to be a very much not abstract oil painting of a nearly-nude Codebreaker lying in repose with a Greek backdrop.
    "Oh god that's- that's me, isn't it? Is that what I look like? I haven't found a mirror yet.
    Okay, so now I'm really glad I told you he and I aren't the same person the second we got in or this would have been really awkward. That's going in a fire."
    Valentina will probably be able to tell that the skin visible in Codebreaker's ears is quite crimson at the moment.
    Valentina, in fact, can't see the skin in Codebreaker's ears because she's very visibly trying to look at literally any other painting.

"Right, uh, yeah, just, uh...we can go to the next room if you don't think there's anything else in here."

That going in a fire was probably for the best.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

Valentina is free to admire the paintings. Though given no one's been here in over a year they are a bit dusty...
    Going forward past the stairs leading up gives them a brief respite - the kitchen!
    It's actually a fairly normal post-modern kitchen with sleek and expensive looking appliances. Dusty and perhaps leaking a little from disuse, but nothing so far. Yet who knows what horrors wait in those drawers?
    It should be noted that the floors are textured, probably to keep paws from slipping.
    "So uh. Looks fine to me. You want some water or anything? Maybe there's still some good stuff in the pantry." suggests Codebreaker.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[A New Leader?]

Quin sighs as he notes the Janus Engine drawing back a foot, and shakes his head as he jumps, firing the thrusters on his back and in his shoulder binders, to end up in a hover at approximately eye level with the Janus Engine, neatly getting himself out of the line of a kick, if indeed that was what Magtok was lining up. Better safe than sorry, and this lets him converse more directly with Magtok.

"Well, whoever it was apparently objects to your taking over the city, so they called us." He crosses his arms over his chest. "So here I am. If you continue your assault on the city in this manner, duty demands that we stop you. Do you really want to earn the ire of VIGIL today?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

25. - Top - End - #415
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [First Date Night]

Olvisin's ears perk up and her eyes glint with mischief a little bit.

"I can arrange that, but you might want to take it slow and meet them one at a time. I'm told we're a force of nature when we're put together. At any rate, since you work at MERC, you might have run into them before without knowing who they are, but I can introduce you properly. The ones who work here, that is. Our other three siblings are still back home. Our mother and matron no doubt hope they won't follow us into a life of uncertainty and peril."
    [First Date Night]

"While I think I'll be able to take it, I'll defer to your expertise instead, see?" Chidi grins back, a glint of mischief in his expression. "So I'll say a proper introduction sounds much better. The ones still here, that is. Perhaps I can get close to you all in different ways." Hopefully for Chidi, there's one sibling that loves anime as much as he.

"Your parents should hope that whatever they do, they're as skilled as your siblings." Chidi comments when she's done. Not only has he witnessed her improv skills in the face of danger - though he still considers it a rather reckless action - but his time in the army has honed his BS-detector. It tells him that Olvisin's the real deal.

"Where do you stay when not in MERC? I'm usually in Raptor Island, see? With your fondness for technology, I can take you there. I'll have to anyway, in order to get you your arms." He asks as he bites into his food, humming in appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Silver Sand Stretch

"Uh... Okay?" Sekhmet spreads her wings and prepares to take off.
    She actually took a bus to get here, so she's not sure exactly which way to fly back. But presumably Zabb knows.
    [Silver Sand Stretch]

Zabb observes as Sekhmet meekly but confusedly obeys, spreading her wings. "Flying is fun! Don't worry, I know the way very intimately! You can trust me to guide you! Yay!"

And he'll do just that, once they take off. He'll go first, of course, but let her decide where to land.

((Which means your post = GLoG, them landing))
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #416

Butterfly Bay

Valentina is free to admire the paintings. Though given no one's been here in over a year they are a bit dusty...
    Going forward past the stairs leading up gives them a brief respite - the kitchen!
    It's actually a fairly normal post-modern kitchen with sleek and expensive looking appliances. Dusty and perhaps leaking a little from disuse, but nothing so far. Yet who knows what horrors wait in those drawers?
    It should be noted that the floors are textured, probably to keep paws from slipping.
    "So uh. Looks fine to me. You want some water or anything? Maybe there's still some good stuff in the pantry." suggests Codebreaker.
    Valentina looks over the appliances a bit before turning to face "Codebreaker". She thought for a second about whether it was right to grab water from a dead guy's house before deciding that she shouldn't reject the chance at getting food for free.

"...I'll have some water, sure." Valentina answers, stretching a bit until she could barely reach the hinge of the pantry door. "Aaaaaand...maybe a couple of things from here. Don't worry, I won't take too much."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterfly Bay

What are you talking about, Valentina? This house is owned by a totally living guy right there.
    As it turns out, wolf-folk are carnivorous so the pantry is mostly full of spices, plastic bags, dried meat-based junk food, and what looks suspiciously like a plastic tub of gourmet kibble.
    Codebreaker trundles about until he finds some dusty glasses in a cabinet. He manages to rinse them off and get some water from the purifier. He stumbles but manages to keep his balance.
    "Oof. Here you go. I don't suppose you really do have a formula for a potion to help someone get settled into a new shape?" Of course a potion of self-comfort would be awfully convenient. But isn't that the point of magic potions?

28. - Top - End - #418
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Peace is Nothing But the Result of War]

"Ahhh... well, no... I'm just here because I heard they had excellent beaches here." Geeze. Why'd Quin have to call her out like that? "And it wasn't me who called you." Could be anyone! Maybe Magtok sent an anonymous tip. Rachel doesn't know.

Oh look. Magtok's stepping back. Everything's fine now. That is what that foot movement means, surely. Probably easier to walk backwards than to turn that whole thing around after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [A New Leader?]

Quin sighs as he notes the Janus Engine drawing back a foot, and shakes his head as he jumps, firing the thrusters on his back and in his shoulder binders, to end up in a hover at approximately eye level with the Janus Engine, neatly getting himself out of the line of a kick, if indeed that was what Magtok was lining up. Better safe than sorry, and this lets him converse more directly with Magtok.

"Well, whoever it was apparently objects to your taking over the city, so they called us." He crosses his arms over his chest. "So here I am. If you continue your assault on the city in this manner, duty demands that we stop you. Do you really want to earn the ire of VIGIL today?"

"Boy, do you think Vigil's name frightens me? Do you think it holds power here, that I might hold back for fear of what Wenomir or Cessie would do in your place? If reputation was a weapon, I would've conquered the world before you were born," Magtok laughs contemptuously from down below, as the unoccupied Janus Engine finishes the motion and swings its foot, missing Quin but unambiguously declaring war with that unprovoked assault.

"Now show me what you've got. Prove that Vigil still has what it takes. Or don't, it's all the same, really. We're fighting over slavers and pirates; these aren't especially high stakes," Magtok taunts, his mech spreading both arms invitingly as he waits for Quin to strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

[First Date Night]

"I wish they could see it that way." Olvisin passes it off as a joke, but she does wish her mother and her family's matron didn't fight their ambitions quite so much. "We do stay at MERC, for now at least. There's rooms for members. Not everyone uses them. I'd love to visit Raptor Island, though. Everything you've said makes it sound cyber-arms aren't very unusual there."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

[You Don't Fight Fair]

"Right. I'll let you two burn off that extra testosterone and get out of your hair. Metaphorical hair." The lack of hair is real.

But Magtok seems to have found at least some adversary so Rachel didn't have to pretend to fulfill the role. That's good. She doesn't really like fighting anyways and Magtok would have been at a major disadvantage standing in the sea like that if she had gotten involved. Mecha on Mecha is more fair.

So unless she's stopped, the Yoko cosplayer will gather her things and exit stage left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.