Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 66
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    62 Miles away from space
    Gender
    Male

    Default PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    OOC
    Icewind Dale has become trapped in a perpetual winter. Ferocious blizzards make the mountain pass through the Spine of the World extremely treacherous, and this land has not felt the warmth of the sun in over two years. In fact, the sun no longer appears above the mountains, not even in the height of summer. In this frozen tundra, darkness and bitter cold reign as king and queen. Most dale residents blame Auril the Frostmaiden, the god of winter’s wrath. The shimmering aurora that weaves across the sky each night is said to be her doing—a potent spell keeping the sun at bay.

    Dale folk live in a scattering of settlements known as Ten-Towns. The drop-off in caravans coming from the south and travel between settlements in this never-ending winter has left everyone feeling isolated. Although each town has resolved to appease the Frostmaiden with sacrifices of one kind or another, no respite from winter’s fury seems forthcoming. For adventurers such as yourselves, Ten-Towns is a place to test one’s mettle and, in the spirit of heroes who have come before, leave one’s mark on this frigid, blighted land.

    However, today is just another gruesome day in Ten-Towns: howling wind, bitter cold, foul tempers, and snowdrifts big enough to bury a herd of moose. The local tavern is unusually abuzz with news about a series of recent killings. The only question on people’s mind is if they’ll be the next victim.

    Three cold-blooded murders have been committed in the past month: a halfling trapper in Easthaven, a human shipbuilder in Targos, and, three days ago, a dwarf glassblower here in Bryn Shander. All three were wound with a dagger of ice through their chest. The drunken lot in the tavern discusses the murders, but offers no credible ideas, but apart from them is an elderly dwarf with a large scar across her nose who seems more sensible then the rest. And she’s been watching all of you while smoking her pipe since you walked in.
    Last edited by PartyOfRogues; 2020-12-16 at 10:23 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Barbara's more than a little nervous here. She stopped in a few villages on her way to the Dale, but not for long. The responses she got were... Mixed, to say the least. And the talk of murder isn't helping.

    She ambles over to the bar itself, and hops up onto a seat. Even with the seat, she has to stand up to see over it, and asks the barkeep Can I... Um... Get something not too strong? I've never really drank much before, but... Um... Yeah... she says, petering out at the end.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    62 Miles away from space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    The innkeeper, a gruff older man approaches you as you sit down, ”We’ve got ale and not much else, although you don’t seem the type to drink.”

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Adrie Ilphelnodel
    Snow Elf Cleric of Silvanus
    AC: 18 HP: 11/11
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

    Adrie upon noticing the dwarven woman is looking at her just walks right over to them and very bluntly, though not harshly (in fact a bit softly), says, "I noticed you watching me. Do you need something of me?"

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Forest Wind [Sheet]
    Tabaxi Warlock 1
    Initiative: +2 | AC: 12 | P.Perception: 12
    HP: 10/10

    A tabaxi steps in and shakes off the snow that had accumulated on their fur. "Yeeeesh. I don't mind the cold, but I wish it were a little warmer," they quip.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    The innkeeper, a gruff older man approaches you as you sit down, ”We’ve got ale and not much else, although you don’t seem the type to drink.”
    Barbara looks away. Yeah, you're right...

    She awkwardly shuffles off the chair, and joins Adrie near the dwarf. I'm used to getting looks-but you seem interested in more than just me.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Alaric Stormborn
    AC: 17 | HP: 16 | Current: 16 | Hit Dice: 1d12
    Passive Perception: 14 | Passive Insight: 12
    Rage: 2/2
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

    As Alaric arrived in the Dale, all he heard was talk of murder. Suspicious eyes seemed to follow him everywhere, and the constant oppressive darkness did nothing to ease the tension. Eager for a drink to soothe his nerves, and some concrete information on the situation, he headed over to the nearest tavern.

    The innkeeper was hardly friendly, but served his ale without issue. Surveying the room, Alaric noticed the gathering crowd, and the dwarf whose stare seemed more meaningful than most. He strode over confidently to join them, drink in hand. "Do you have any other theories?" he asked, gesturing at the drunk rumourmongers as he addressed the dwarf.
    Last edited by Lord of Gifts; 2020-12-18 at 11:13 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2020

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    In a corner of the inn, a young Tabaxi fighter had spent most of the evening playing darts against a particularly skillful halfling. Although his aim was sharp and reliable, the Tabaxi ended up losing quite a bit of coin to his adversary.

    He notices the watchful eyes of this stern dwarven lady, and he means to approach the table and start a conversation.

    But he sees an elf and a strong looking man already asked the question he had in mind. “What does this dwarven lady want? And what is her opinion about the mysterious killer?
    This Tabaxi will wait for her answers before approaching her table in a friendly, yet respectful manner.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    62 Miles away from space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    ”That dwarf was a friend of mine, but the speakers aren’t bothering to investigate the killings, and I’m too old to do it myself, but you seem to be armed and able enough to do it, at least better than this lot.” she says, gesturing to the group drinking together at the bar, ”I’ll give you 100 gold if you can find who’s doing this and kill them. You interested?”

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Icewind Dale
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Evendur has just arrived in the Dale, and already people look at him with suspicion. The young man tried to pay their looks no mind as he made his way into the tavern and to the bar without taking off his hood.

    "One ale please." He said as he took his seat.

    Evendur was still a bit uneasy from what the fortune teller had told him about his fortune. He thought he'd be safe when he's so far from home, but now he started to doubt it now that he has heard about the murders. When he does get his drink, he takes a big sip to ease his nerves. He minds his own business as he finishes his mug of ale and asks the innkeeper for another.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Barbara responds, saying No payment needed. I came here because I heard of ill omens, and I wanted to help.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Forest Wind [Sheet]
    Tabaxi Warlock 1
    Initiative: +2 | AC: 12 | P.Perception: 12
    HP: 10/10

    Wind notices the gathering crowd and decides to go over to join them. "100 gold to do something I would've done anyway? Sold."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Adrie Ilphelnodel
    Snow Elf Cleric of Silvanus
    AC: 18 HP: 11/11
    PP: 17 PIv: 15 PIs: 22
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

    Adrie considers for a lengthy moment and finally says, "This is not the kind of task I would normally take on, but I could use the gold. So I accept." Internally she wishes that task had involved something that would lead her out of the throngs of people, rather than further into them.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2020

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Hearing the promise of reward, Drum quickly shuffles his feet and hurries to the table where all heroes are gathering

    He speaks in fluent dwarvish:

    Greetings madam! My name is Poem of the Drum, nice to meet you! I have recently lost most of my funds in a game of darts, which puts me in dire need of finding a job. I’m at your service, with bow, claws and heart!

    Looking at his new companions, he speaks in the common tongue:

    "Hello, my new friends! You may call me Drum and you may count on my arrows to hit our foes without fail."

    He takes a longer look at Forest, measuring the other Tabaxi and trying to figure out if they might be cousins.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Alaric Stormborn
    AC: 17 | HP: 16 | Current: 16 | Hit Dice: 1d12
    Passive Perception: 14 | Passive Insight: 12
    Rage: 2/2
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

    Alaric considered the proposition for a moment. The woman seemed sincere, and he could use the gold. Besides, without a crew, he didn't have many other options. Might as well try something helpful.

    He chuckled as the bat woman refused payment. Not the strangest thing he'd ever seen, but it was up there. "I'll take her share. Any idea where we should start?"
    Adventures in Icewind Dale [5e]: IC / OOC / Alaric Stormborn

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Icewind Dale
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Evendur decided to take another look at the elderly dwarf woman to see if she was still staring at him, only when he did so that he overheard about gold. From what he could guess, the dwarf was looking for capable hands for a job. The young bard then decided to check his own coin pouch to count his money, and found that he had very little left. He had spent most of it on his journey to get here.

    So he finished his second ale, paid for the ale that he had, and came over to the group as he took off his hood.

    "Salutations folks. I couldn't help but to overhear, but if I may ask, would this job by any chance happen to be a six person job?"

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    62 Miles away from space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    ”The other two murders were in Easthaven and Targos, try asking around there, see who’s been through town.”

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Adrie Ilphelnodel
    Snow Elf Cleric of Silvanus
    AC: 18 HP: 11/11
    PP: 17 PIv: 15 PIs: 22
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

    "Well met Poem of the Drum. I am called Adrie Ilphelnodel. A cleric of the god Silvanus." Adrie returns the greeting in a somewhat stilted practiced manner. Though she almost forgets to offer a hand to shake. There's no indication she thinks his greeting is at all unusual. Though the reason behind that is that she isn't sure what passes for normal behavior in these parts.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    I'm Barbara Gordon, daughter of a knight of the realm. Er... A realm, I guess-not this realm, she says by way of introduction.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Forest Wind [Sheet]
    Tabaxi Warlock 1
    Initiative: +2 | AC: 12 | P.Perception: 12
    HP: 10/10

    "Oh, are we doing introductions now? My name is Forest Wind. You all can call me Wind."
    Last edited by JRKlein; 2020-12-19 at 09:45 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Icewind Dale
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    "Well, if that's the case, then I am.. Taman Helder. At your service." He says with a bow, hesitating for a moment when he realized that he shouldn't give away his real name in hopes that he can avoid his fate.

    Deception check: (1d20+5)[17]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Barbara looks at all of you, and says cheerily It's nice to meet you all! Though I do wish it was under happier circumstances... Still. We'll work together to make sure no one else gets hurt.

    Spoiler: Insight
    Show
    1+6=7
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2020

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Poem looks happy. He had always wanted to be in a band of heroes and this seems like a really fantastic group. Each hero able and competent in their own area of expertise.

    He then turns to the Dwarven patron and speaks in the common tongue to the benefit of the others:

    We will find you the killer and bring him in chains, alive for your authorities to do the justice they see fit. I know one thing of two about the fairness of dwarven tribunals.

    Now we must know, what is the name you go by, Madam? And where should we find you when the mission is complete?

    The tabaxi fighter looks out the window and complains about the weather.
    Is it nighttime already? Or is the blizzard still covering the sun? Maybe we should find rooms and take on the road once morning comes.
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-19 at 04:57 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2020

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Drum talks to his new companions.

    Before we leave, I need to make some arrangements. I’ll check my gear and say goodbye to a few friends. Can we meet back here in a couple of hours? I won’t be long.

    Before leaving, the tabaxi fighter takes another long look at Forest.

    Kinda looks like my cousin Coals… Or my aunt Jewel…? Nah, maybe I’m just imagining.

    Drum navigates the streets of Bryn Shander to the best of his ability trying to find his old friend Beldora.
    If he does find her, he’ll ask:

    Spoiler: If I find Beldora
    Show
    How are you doing, old gal? I’ve brought you a bowl of hot stew and a loaf of bread. Well… Took me a minute to find you, so the stew isn’t really hot anymore.
    I’m going to Targos and Easthaven to look into some recent murders..
    Have you heard anything that might be useful? Any advice for a dashing cat such as myself?
    Last edited by Wooloo; 2020-12-20 at 09:30 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Alaric Stormborn
    AC: 17 | HP: 16 | Current: 16 | Hit Dice: 1d12
    Passive Perception: 14 | Passive Insight: 12
    Rage: 2/2
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

    "They call me Alaric Stormborn. Pleased to make your acquaintance," he said, by way of introduction.

    "There isn't much sun this far north," he interjected, as Drum complained about the weather. "Even less so recently, from what I hear. So, we could be waiting a while."
    Last edited by Lord of Gifts; 2020-12-20 at 04:11 PM.
    Adventures in Icewind Dale [5e]: IC / OOC / Alaric Stormborn

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    I'm okay with the dark. It feels comforting-not so much the cold, though, Barbara says. We should probably head for Easthaven first-if my maps are right, that's the closest.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Adrie Ilphelnodel
    Snow Elf Cleric of Silvanus
    AC: 18 HP: 11/11
    PP: 17 PIv: 15 PIs: 22
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

    "I am used to the cold and the dark. I am ready to leave when you all are." Adrie says, looking forward to the moment they leave this crowded (by her standards) establishment.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    62 Miles away from space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    ”I’d rather you bring him in dead than back here, if the speakers cared they’d have done something about it. My name is Hiln by the way, I’ll still be here when you get back.” she says, before finishing her drink and exiting the tavern.

    Spoiler: Wooloo
    Show
    After a few minutes of searching, you manage to find Beldora in the market on a street corner near the town center, she gladly accepts the meal and begins to eat it while talking with you ”I think the murders might be connected to one of the traders, they’re the only people who travel regularly enough around here, the few that have been here recently are Torg’s, who left yesterday heading East, Kerric and Hough, who left a few nights ago to the West, and Brennig Co., who’re leaving tomorrow morning to Termalaine to see about some issue in the mines. Though if you don’t mind me asking, why are you looking into the murders, find something interesting?”

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2020

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Spoiler: Talking to Beldora
    Show
    So far, I know nothing of relevance, I just want to put an end to these killings. Once I find some information, I’ll come back and share with you. Goodbye, old girl. Take care of yourself out here.


    Drum returns to the tavern and speaks to the group of adventurers:

    I’m ready to move out. Let’s go to Easthaven!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: PartyOfRouges ICewind Dale

    Barbara looks at the sky, a touch nervous of inclement weather. As the group starts to depart, she walks next to Alaric. She asks him If the weather starts to turn bad, and I can't fly safely, would it be possible for you to help me along? I am not a fast walker on land.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •