New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Trog's Tavern CLV

Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a floor length mirror. Stepping through will teleport someone to the Temple of Inari where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
    Owner and Proprietor: Trog
    Bartenders: Zee

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
    ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Servers:
    Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. Updated her appearance for 5e, everyone is into blue tieflings now.
    Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
    Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
    Wines:
    Catoblepas Sauvingnon
    Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
    Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
    Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
    Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
    Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt.
    Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
    Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
    Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
    Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
    Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
    Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans.
    Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass.
    Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
    Warlock Wine - Best served cold.
    Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
    A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
    Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
    Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
    Brandy Yezekiel - Apple brandy, chocolate liqueur, cream, and garnished with a sprinkle of coco powder. Almost as good as her brownies.
    Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
    Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
    Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house.
    Dwarf Spirits
    Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
    Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
    Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor.
    Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
    Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood.
    Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters.
    LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
    Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
    Murderita - Wasted away again...
    Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
    Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
    Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
    Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair.
    Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime.
    White Russian Wukei - For bounty hunters who dig dairy.
    Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
    Ales - Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best.
    Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
    Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
    Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
    Darknight Coffee - Cream has no effect.
    Dragon's Fire Breath (Cherry Kool-Aid) - For the kids!
    Fox Cola - The choice of the furry generation.
    Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
    Oni Tea - From the far east.
    Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
    Root Beer
    Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold...
    Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows.

MUNCHIES MENU:
    AbyssalNuts - Damned and spicy.
    Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Croissants oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
    Bamhacon - Where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
    Brownies - Made fresh by Zee. The taste of chocolate fills you with Determination.
    Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens.
    Hero Sandwiches - What else? Served with Villain vinegrette.
    Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip.
    Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
    Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you, "the floor".

SMOKABLES:
    Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor.
    Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
    Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand.

Don't forget to ask Zee about the special of the day!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLV

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Ooh!
    Did he just thank Pyrite? She can use this! She giggles at being called cute. "You're welcome. And thank you." She drains her cider quickly. "Aaaah."

You drank it way too fast! Now all the sparkley carbonation will feel really weird and such! is what he wants to say, but she doesn't seem to have much of a problem with it.

June continues drinking his more slowly. "I don't know how you can drink that so quickly," he says. "But, sure is weird drinking with someone else who likes this stuff too."

While using drinking as a delay tactic, he thinks about what they already know about each other. Names, that they're both new here, that he's only visiting Inside from Riverside. . . "So you already know where I live; how about you? Where do you live?"
    Also, he's planning on staying in Inside for a few more days, so he probably needs to find a hotel or something. If she's been here for a bit longer than him, maybe she knows where some are.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-12-18 at 12:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Cutting Things]

Magdalene mulls over these things for a few minutes, then at last stands, looking determined.

"Okay. Call these VIGIL guys. I'm going to see if this naked creep can actually help me."

Wait.

What?

What if she dies?

"If this just kills me toss my body in the fireplace. It'll be fine."

Oh, well. Okay then. Just fine.

She'll walk up to the swordsman.

"Alright. Do your thing before I change my (flowering) mind."
    The swordsman has been silently sitting against the tavern's outside wall while Magdalene was making up her mind. When she approaches him, there's little indication that he's awake. Or alive.

But, just before Magdalene gets any funny ideas like kicking him to check if he's paying attention, he suddenly jumps up. He looms over Magdalene, remnant of his blade in his left hand, swaying from side to side. "... finally." He grabs the tang of the blade with both hands and raises it with exaggerated slowness, point aimed at where Magdalene's heart. White light lingers around the point as the ruined seems to take on some extranormal quality.

Then, he stabs it through her. There is neitjer resistance nor pain - in fact, Magdalene can be fairly sure her physical atoms aren't being disturbed at all. White and pink light erupts from the wound, if you can even call it that, and the shadows around grow long, sharp and twisted. For split of a second, they seem to take shapes of fleeing monsters, only to vanish and die when the light disappeara when the swordsman pulls his sword back all of a sudden - or maybe it was repelled.

"Hrng... seems like I was wrong" , he mumbles, rubbing the wrist of his left hand with his right. "I cannot cut Magdalene Wright's soul off from Silvanus, because there is no Magdalene Wright anymore. Only Silvanus." He takes one stumbling step past her, as if preparing to wander off.

"I can only cut off this body. This means my work is done. I have go further back... cut it at the root..."

For what it's worth, Magdalene might feel oddly light and dissociated. Like her body is no longer her, just something she is moving around, and she could step outside it if she tried. She might not want to try too hard, though - she might succeed and be whisked back to the Forest as a ghost.

4. - Top - End - #4

[Cutting Things]

Oh.

Wow.

That felt really weird.

Magdalene tries taking a step toward the retreating swordsman and her body does move, a ghostly wendigo of eldritch pink power swirling with frost partly emerges from her.

Only to snap back in again.

"What," she mutters. "What did.... What did you do to me? What do you mean I'm gone I'm still me."

Are you though, Magdalene?

Your soul has been utterly consumed by Sylvanas; it's a conduit to the old god's realm.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

"I have a nice rock over in Brimstone Park. Most of us stay around there and help Rose look after things." Pyrite smiles at the thought. "I have a choice spot overlooking the caldera. I was one of the first to be converted."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #6

"Oh, I see," June says. He drinks a little more. "Literally a rock? Or..." At first he thought it was a figure of speech for something, but then he couldn't think of anything that 'caldera' could reasonably stand for.

And, actually, this brings up way too many questions. He has to lean closer to ask: "Okay, you've made me curious and now you're going to have to explain that. What caldera? Converted to what? Remember, I'm new in town, just visiting for as long as however-long-I-can-find-a-place-to-stay."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course it's a literal rock, silly! A nice quartzite boulder on the edge of the caldera, at Brimstone Park." She sighs happily. "I used to be a lost soul wandering through Hell, and then Rose met me and she gave me a second chance, and now I'm this! I'm an Oread, that's a rock spirit, but I'm also a succubus! It's so much better than what I was before."

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #8

Oh, it is a literal rock.
    June blinks.
    "Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if I heard you right," he says.

There's a string of words that he doesn't really get and the context is confusing, but she seems happy about it so he doesn't have to think too hard about it. "Oh, a succubus," he says. "Don't worry, I haven't found a place for the night yet so you won't have to worry about me accidentally telling you where it is." Yeah, that sounds reasonable. But also, "Yeah, second chances are really good, I think."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cutting things]

The man stops and turns, slowly, as if to look Magdalene in the eyes. But of course, it only ends with her looking at a featureless mask, one half black, the other white. "You were stained by darkness" , he rasps. "I wiped off the stain to reveal the human underneath, only to find out there was no human."

As he speaks, he lifts his blade up with one hand and then stabs it into the air. There is a sound like glass breaking and it looks like his blade really did hit something, despite the spot he struck being empty. "I now know why I was always late. You are at the root of the branch I've been following, but the tree does not grow from you. I have missed the foresr for the trees. I must now go further back, to cut it all down. Do not try to follow me."

He twists his blade and traces a circle with it, and a yawning black hole appears on the air, as if the rest of the world had just been a prop, a cardboard painting that he is now punching through.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrite looks confused. "What does that have to do with anything? I don't want to watch you sleep! That's creepy!" She might be a demonic otherworldly entity, but she's not a creep. "There's a whole bunch of us. Rose has been converting all the lost souls she can find that want a second chance."

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #11

But she said she was a -
    Wait, acting confused is probably some kind of trick. At this point, the best thing to do is probably to just ignore it.

June drinks a little more, and then realizes that his hot chocolate is probably starting to get cold. Well, at least he drank most of it already. "That does sound pretty good," he reaffirms. Second chances are great. And a whole bunch of them...."All of you in the same park? Sounds like it might get crowded."

He sets down the drink again. It's almost empty; maybe one drink left and it'll be gone. It'll probably be empty as she answers. "So how does this conversion process work, anyway?" he asks, imagining some sort of confession and something like that.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-12-19 at 11:30 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, I'll show you!" Pyrite brings up her tail above the table. She grabs the spade on the end and squeezes just below the tip. A little golden stinger dripping with black ooze pops out. "See this? The venom can, uh, make souls or other devils more like us."

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #13

Oh, wow!
    That is pretty cool. He says as much: "That's pretty neat. I mean, the ooze looks gross, but still pretty neat."

But June has a thought: "And that was wrapped around me and right up next to me." If it had been bumped into, that venom could have easily gone in him.
    Actually, he looks down at his shirt to make sure none of it had leaked onto his clothes.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

"Did you hear that, Magdalene? Someone from Vigil will be coming down, so you can talk to them about joining, if you want." Oh, apparently she went outside to the Swordsman. Well, then Mishnehel will go outside to join them. "Someone from Vigil is on their way, Magdalene. If you want to join them. Uh, where'd the swordsman go?" He's not here, and she missed his leaving.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Someone from Vigil turns out to be an imperious bald woman in armor.

"We have received a call about a situation in Trog's. What is going on?" she asks, looking between the swordsman, Magdalene and Mishnehel.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Om Nom Noms!]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    On this point the prophet is in total panic. He stands there, his face pale white, but sometimes his expression changes and mimics the little rippers. Jeanette, if she glance over, will know what this means. This man is connected to the hive and the close physical Synapscreature effects the man. Since he has some clear moments he is able to move, but walking to the door is to far away so he jumps at a window head first. The pain from that window is nothing related to the the pain in his mind.
    The ripper is confused as Tao turns into smaller creatures. Which is enougth to allow the dragons to bite him off if they can do that. Meanwhile the other rippers have mostly turned to Tao and charge at his current form. Biomass is Biomass either if it's a person or small dragons. Tao might also notice the new thread coming from below who shoot at the girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Making a snap decision, Jeanette pulls off her hat ...

"Are you doing okay over there, dragon... swarm person?" she calls out. Oddly enough her voice isn't coming from her mouth, but from some of the breathing holes on her body. It sounds a little wheezy but it's otherwise identifiable as hers.
    They can! The tiny dragons take a hundred bites out of the ripper's face and underbelly, and then they flutter up into the rafters of Trog's as well.
    He's counting on the fact that dragons can fly while rippers will have to take the slower route of climbing up the walls.

Once up there, he reforms into a human shape, crouched on a wooden beam.
    "Doing fine!" he calls back to the girl in overalls who actually turned out to be some living weapon creature in disguise. Unlike Jeanette, Tao cannot talk in his true form, so it took him a moment to respond.
    He pulls a wand from his belt - made of bronze, with the end shaped like an open hand - and points it at the rippers below. A magical compulsion to sleep should wash over them. He's hoping these monsters are able to sleep; they seem alive enough, so probably, he thinks, a sleep spell will work. But you never really know.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-12-19 at 05:29 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #17

[Cutting Things]

Magdalene is starting to VAGUELY feel less weird but wow whatever sword guy did really threw her off balance. Now he's talking about trees and roots and not making much sense.

"Good luck?" Magdalene offers as the guy carves a hole in the air.

Some...

Kind of weird riftgate?

Maybe?

She's got know idea this guy is really something else.

Oh they then a bald lady shows up.

"Yeah. Or, uh, no? Not here," Magdalene says. "There's this kid I met, Fido? I'm pretty sure he fell into Nyx. Nyx being an Old God. Or a dead god. Maybe sleeping? (Flower) if I know. Bad news is he's back. I can feel him stirring up (rose). Nyx' power starts spreading around and you get (flowering) Nyx priests and cultists and zombies popping up and that is honest to God end of the world stuff if Nyx starts eating the planet."

That sounds pretty serious.

"I was feeling iffy about tackling a cult all by myself BEFORE mister sword guy sworded me but I'm feeling extra loopy now."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"It's okay, it doesn't affect mortals, I think," Pyrite isn't certain of that though. It affected the Princess, and she has a mortal body, doesn't she? But she's not mortal herself, right? As for June, there probably isn't any venom on him. Although some could have leaked out and gotten on his clothes, he's not at much risk without getting it into his bloodstream.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #19

Being literally made of mushroom, it seems unlikely June actually has blood. Probably just some weird natural latex stuff. Well, there's also probably some sort of nutrient transport, too, but he doesn't really know enough about how it works.

He finishes his drink.

As this was literally his first time kissing someone that he had just barely met right then, he isn't really sure what the etiquette is. Did she just want to kiss someone? Or was it more of getting to know him in an asking-out sort of way? Honestly, he could see either way being it. He has more experience with dating and flirting being used to get to know someone, anyway, and less experience with just kissing for the sake of kissing.
    Well, if he doesn't ask then either way that's a wasted opportunity. Asking and being awkward is better than just not asking. He asks, "So, did you just want to kiss someone? Or was that a way of saying you want to get to know me better?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Cutting Things

"I can't help, I was going to keep an eye on the swordsman, but he's gone. So I guess I'm trying to find him now." Because Earl doesn't want to get involved in his own plot on both sides, so Mishnehel will find an excuse to stick around.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cutting Things]

A little way behind the bald woman, a man with silver-y grey hair in slightly shabby looking attire steps in.

He raises an eyebrow as he looks around the tavern, then nods approvingly. A faintly herbal smell lingers about him, the product of a quick smoke on the way over.

"Huh, well yer making it sound a bit more serious'n I thought when I figured I'd maybe try'n give a hand. Old gods n' cults are bad news. Back home they had something approaching a cult problem 'fore my time, thought it turned out to be just one loony doin' all the kidnapping and killing and stuff."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

[Cutting Things]

"That is a succinct assessment of the situation." The bald woman appears unperturbed by Magdalene's way of speaking. "But that is exactly what Vigil is meant to handle. My name is Calm Reed, a monk of the Immaculate Order and a member of Vigil."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

"I was just talking to you, and all of a sudden, I felt like I needed to kiss you. It's happened before, with other people." It's not that weird, Pyrite is a fiend associated with forbidden desire. "Why? Which would you prefer it to be?"

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #24

Oh, so it really was just a 'hey i want to kiss' sort of thing.

June stretches by rolling his shoulders back. "When I flirt with someone, it's normally to get to know them better," he says. "But it's okay. Not really a big deal either way."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrite has to think for a moment. "I wouldn't mind getting to know you better. I like making new friends." All the succubus nymphs do.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #26

Lots of people like making new friends, actually.
    Probably.
    Well, June is one of those people who likes it.

"Well, then..." This isn't the best way to do a conversation, but it's probably alright. "What sort of things do you like to do? Personally, I like the outdoors and being in nature. Not really a fan of the cold, though. I mean, sure, snow's nice, but not nearly as good as spring or the heat of summertime."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, I used to hike and run a lot, ride horses. I like playing poker and dice, and I love folk music." Pyrite answers. "I was a traveler for a long time, I never stayed in one place long." She neglects to mention that it's because she either had to skip town before being caught, or was caught and run out of town.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #28

"I've only ridden a horse once, but it was really fun," June says. "And do you know any good hikes around here? I've been looking for some, but still haven't found any." He assumes that she doesn't know, since she's also new here.

More important than being a traveler, though, is folk music. "But folk music! Do you play? Or do you just like listening to it?" he asks, before adding, "I've played a bunch of different types of folk music, but it's been a long time since I last did that."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cutting things]

The rift the swordsman left through still lingers on the air. Mishnehel missed it the first time, as it is effectively two dimensional and thus invisible if looked at from the wrong angle. But it's still there.

It's not very inviting, though. From a distance, looking at it is not much different from looking at a dark window, but if she peers through, the blackness seems to just go on without boundaries beyond.

She might catch a glimpse of the swordsman's back as he moves further and further away in the distance. Blue fire seems to lick his skin and forms into platforms under his feet, only to crumble after he's passed. Mishnehel might realize there's nothing of substance to stand on in the darkness except what she might be able to create.

30. - Top - End - #30

"Okay cool I'm Magdalene," the young teen girl replies. "C'mon I'll lead you guys to the-"

She tries taking a step and succeeds in falling over, the edges of some sort of beast-like spirit sticking out of her briefly.

"(Flowering) hell what the (flower) did that jerk do to me," she growls at no one in particular. "He said he was going to help."

Obviously she doesn't think much of his help.

"Okay, hold on a sec, I'm good," she says, slowly pushing herself back to her feet. Her motions are stilted and unnatural. Almost puppet like. "UGH there is no way I'm going to be able to fight like this."

She seems pretty upset.

"Fine. FINE. I guess I'm just leading you guys to the baddie. I-"

Magdalene is having trouble saying it. She's been self sufficient for so long that relying on someone else rubs her the wrong way.

"Could I, like, lean on one of you a bit? It feels like my legs are on backwards."

Should one of the VIGILantes volunteer she'll begin leading them toward the Road Pirate encampment Outside.