Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLV

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "If you were living there, maybe it was starting to feel like your home at that point?" Ithuriel asks, "Or maybe you're just a good person and cared about people being treated poorly? Everything I've seen suggests you're a good sort." It's perhaps a little foolishly optimistic of her to perceive things that way, but then she is an angel of redemption. She's meant to try and draw out the good in people.

Sometimes she even manages it.
    "Could be. Could be any of those things." Michalson sighs again. "At any rate, I was never much of a basher, but I did what I could. I had the worms-" He pauses, realising what it sounds like to someone not from Sigil. "-that is, I was clever and I knew a lot about dazzle. They trusted me enough to let me in on their secret weapon, the Rites of Interdiction. Which you've seen me do. That's when I learned how."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

The psycho analysis.
    The assumption and reflection.
    The accuracy!
    __________________But most of all it was the pity....

Anger flashed across Raeh’s face and tore her from reason. She lashed out, a loud thud echoing out as she slammed her dagger into the table, the blade tip piercing deep into the wooden surface. Her eyes, intense and burning with hate, bore into Reuma. “Don’t pretend to know me!” She hissed in a cruel harsh whisper, dripping with malice and jealousy.

“I am not beyond help I simply don’t need it. Only the weak rely on the aid of others. You simple naive little animal, think you can just run and hide, or rely on others and everything will be alright?“

Her voice evolved into a condescending scoff, her words aimed deliberate to wound, using what little insight she had claimed. The sudden wave of frustration and anger alleviating as she tried to hide it with a nonchalant smile and shrug.
    ”Well at least you will make a pretty corpse.“

Her eyes turned to the tavern to find more staring back at hers, she glared at any who stared and then signalled over a waiter.
    ”I find myself to have built up a thirst, I think I need a drink. Make it something strong.”

”One for my deer friend too.” she forced a taunting fake smile to follow that regrettable pun, refusing now to back down from the path she was on or show remorse for her actions. Committing to her outburst and cruelty.

Silence takes her after that as she looks everywhere but at Reuma, a faint shade of shame tinting her aura but hidden expertly from her face.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-05-12 at 08:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363

Carmen sighs. "It's not the same," she says: a pity drink isn't the same as when someone buys you something with the intent of getting you drunk. "It's okay, you don't have to buy me anything. Spending money just because you can is weird."

She sips from her llamonade. "So you make potions?" Carmen asks, figuring as long as they're sitting next to each other they might as well have a nice conversation. "What kind of potions do you make? Are they like, specialty potions? Or cosmetic ones? Or just magic ones? You good at making them?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Being a mercenary isn't something I aspire to, but it pays the bills for now." Olvisin shrugs. "I don't really have any particular plans. I just came to Trog's to eat something and have a drink."
    "Well, I'd like to return the favor." Demion says. "We could go somewhere. Maybe some kind of event or so. or shoppin? I'm not irm with all the possibilities around here ."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #365
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Carmen sighs. "It's not the same," she says: a pity drink isn't the same as when someone buys you something with the intent of getting you drunk. "It's okay, you don't have to buy me anything. Spending money just because you can is weird."
    "Well, it's not just because I can." Valentina says. "I need someone to show me around here--things I should know, or avoid, or...like that!" She continues "I figure I should buy that person a drink for their trouble, at least."

She sips from her llamonade. "So you make potions?" Carmen asks, figuring as long as they're sitting next to each other they might as well have a nice conversation. "What kind of potions do you make? Are they like, specialty potions? Or cosmetic ones? Or just magic ones? You good at making them?"
    "Oh, they're mostly for healing." Valentina answers. "I used to work at a potion shop, so...it comes in handy."

She adds, shifting the focus of the conversation a little bit. "Where do you work at? Is it around here?"

6. - Top - End - #366

Carmen considers that. It's still not quite the same, but if this person needs help, then she has no choice but to help out, and it would be rude to turn down a gift. "Okay. In that case..." Carmen looks over the menu. "You can get me a salad, then."

She takes a deep breath in preparation to answer everything. "Well, actually, I just got out of prison, so I'm probably not the best person to explain everything, but I'll try. Um... there's lots of weird people around so if you start a fight, make sure you have a way out in mind. Also, this city is so big and has pretty much everything in it, I think a day hasn't gone by where I haven't seen something I never imagined before." Decent enough introduction of an explanation, she thinks.

Carmen rubs the back of her head and laughs, a little. "I actually don't have a job yet. So far, just...couch-surfing, y'know?" Couch-surfing is a pretty tactful way to say it, she thinks. "Probably need a job eventually, but there's honestly not much that I'm good at that I can make money from. Not much of a market for people wanting their memories erased, after all."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Carmen considers that. It's still not quite the same, but if this person needs help, then she has no choice but to help out, and it would be rude to turn down a gift. "Okay. In that case..." Carmen looks over the menu. "You can get me a salad, then."
    "Sure!" Valentina agrees, looking for the salad on the menu. The titles instantly struck her as a little much (I mean, Court of Stars?), but she supposed if a place could get goods from another world, it'd be good advertising to mention it. She waited for a server to notice them once she'd found what she was looking for, and asked for the salad and a bamhacon for herself.

She takes a deep breath in preparation to answer everything. "Well, actually, I just got out of prison, so I'm probably not the best person to explain everything, but I'll try. Um... there's lots of weird people around so if you start a fight, make sure you have a way out in mind. Also, this city is so big and has pretty much everything in it, I think a day hasn't gone by where I haven't seen something I never imagined before." Decent enough introduction of an explanation, she thinks.
    After telling the necessary people to get a salad for the elf (she guessed elves really were like that), and ordering bamhacon for herself, Valentina's voice dropped just a little bit.

"Well, that's...good to know." She says. "I probably can't even imagine all the stuff they could pull off here with the portals."

She adds "...sorry to hear that. About the prison I mean. If you don't mind me asking, what was it for?"

Carmen rubs the back of her head and laughs, a little. "I actually don't have a job yet. So far, just...couch-surfing, y'know?" Couch-surfing is a pretty tactful way to say it, she thinks. "Probably need a job eventually, but there's honestly not much that I'm good at that I can make money from. Not much of a market for people wanting their memories erased, after all."
    "...wait, you know how to erase memories?" Valentina asks. "That's...really powerful. I'm impressed.".
    Last edited by Demon Prince; 2021-05-13 at 03:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Orc in the Playground

A child enters the tavern. They look a little lost. They're human, about eight or nine years old, with sunburnt skin and short blonde hair, or possibly blond hair. They wear a black rubbery raincoat, with a rip in the back and a pair of battered jeans, with mismatched sandals on their feet. They'll look around a little nervously, but... there's something odd about them. Actually, several things odd about them, but most notable is despite the fact they're looking around, their eyes are closed. Another is the way they hold themselves and move, they almost seem to scuttle to get out of the way, moving oddly fast. Another is their biology, if anyone here has the senses needed to sense that.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

A large man, in full plate and with a greatsword at his side, stumbles into the tavern. On the left hand side of his shoulder plate, there are multiple indents shaped like large almost giant sized fists, and his sword sheath is coated in blood. As he stumbles towards the nearest table, he sees the child, reaches into a purse, and throws a gold coin towards him. Not paying attention to if the kid's reaction, he sits down at a table and promptly falls asleep.
    Last edited by Jon talks a lot; Today at 12:37 AM.
    I steal Signatures, and like General Grevious, add them to my collection. Or, I would, if there wasn't a forum limit to signature length.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

The child (?) flinches away as the coin is thrown at them, before staring at it as it hits the ground nearby, crouching down and tilting their head to one side and examining it. They pick it up and hold it close to their face, where... they very cautiously bite it. Not with their mouth; their right eye opens, revealing a small mouth with sharp teeth which extends out and bites it, before retracting back into its head and closing. Since it's unlikely the coin is chocolate in gold foil, they put it in a pocket to examine more thoroughly later. It turns to face the now-sleeping figure, and looks around before stalking over and creeping under the table.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.