New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLV

[Drinks With Fiendling]

Braon waves her hand dismissively. "Waste of time. I've met this guy a hundred times before, though he had a different name each time. Overbearing, proud, likes to pretend he's a much better person than he is."

Kyrie scowls. "We've never been together outside this bar. I'm j-"

"'I'm just doing my job'." Braon groans hoarsely, imitating Kyrie's own gravelly voice. "'Which I do because I'm crushing so hard on the bartender it's a wonder the floor doesn't give out on me, but I make excuses and say it's to feed my nieces and nephew that I talk about all the time to anyone who'll listen and pretty much anyone who won't, so I can give the impression of being a loving family man even though I'm never really there for them'."

Kyrie scowls and looks away, but says nothing.

Braon smirks and nods her head toward the embarrassed strigoi. "Sounds just like him, doesn't it?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

2. - Top - End - #1142

Default Re: [Looking For Summons]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Fenric smiles and puts a few small coins on the bar

Thanks, Zee.

He then reaches into his pouch and extracts a small crystal vial from which he pours a few drops onto the surface of the water: immediately it becomes dead still and begind to glow gently.

Now then: let's have a look around. Since you have a fine example right here, I have some hope of finding others should there be any...

Fenric begins his scrying spell and peers into the bowl...
    The scry reveals three different types .

First is a monster appears as a gigantic mechanical crab. It has numerous window-like eyes colored yellow, and tons of gear contraptions on top and below of its body, and on its legs too. It seems to be located on the biggest dump in inside likly living there as people think it's just part of the trash

Second is a scroll, much likly a summon scroll. Unless opened it is hard to tell more. It's in outside in a hidden crypt.

The last one seems to be some kind of fairy, which is odd since she appears raaher normal. A moment later the scry should be ended as she casted a protection. Still she must be close, like Riverside.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #1143

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Lapis and Anika in Cake Finding Adventure]

And here we have Lapis and Anika sitting in the lion-sized cat tree.

Honestly the only other time it has been used recently is when children have been at the tavern and decided to use it as playground equipment. Which, given the woeful lack of big cats of late, is a pretty reasonable use.

"Mother used to own a pet store a long time ago," Lapis recalls. "But it's been a really long time since anyone wanted pets, I guess? And it got sold to someone at Mallside after That Day happened."

And K'rax got blown up.

Hard to run a store when you're dead.

"Maybe the pet store is still there? They might sell cats."

Maybe even large ones.

That's probably easier than trying to catch one.

"How come Blanche needs a tiger?"

And excellent question.

Anika sits down and let's her feet dangle off the giant cat tree.
    "Well... Blanche doesn't need a pet, I mean she does but not the cuddly kind of pet. Though that would be a neat bonus. No, what Blanche needs is something like a partner. Something that can help show off how badass she is. See, whenever we're involved in some big fight I can't help but to think that she's feeling a bit..." Anika makes a circular gesture with her hand as she's trying to think of a good word. "...inadequate compared to people like Wenomir. She really isn't but it's not like she can help that everything we fight is somehow immune to bullets or can just be poked with magic or whatever. It's just unfair, don't you think? Figured a pet would help her out a bit."

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Drinks With Fiendling]

"I'm pretty sure he isn't crushing on me," Zee points out. "I mean, if he were I probably would have noticed by now."

Unless it's been so obvious that it hasn't actually been mentioned in writing anywhere.

Zee is...

Weird.

Her ability to 'see' the world around her involves reading the world lines associated with different objects and entities within the Game. This tends to lend to her deep insight into what's going on. It also results in her missing things that would be glaringly obvious to literally anyone else. The reason she seems so air-headed sometimes is that the amount of information she has to process at any given moment is absolutely staggering. Sometimes she fixates on the wrong details.

"Besides, thinking you're better than you really are isn't all bad. At least so long as it doesn't get extreme. Thinking that you're more terrible than you are is a real problem, though. It results in people being paralyzed with self-loathing! And that isn't good for someone or anyone around them."

Zee sees quite a bit of the self-loathing, being a bar tender and all.

"Oooooh! I get it! She needs a big kitty that can fight at her side!" Lapis gasps. "That way when bad guys are trying to fight the kitty she can shoot at them safely!"

That's what the cat is for, right?

Pulling mobs so the hunter can keep shooting from a distance.

"I know what you mean... There are lots of things I can do that my friends can't. It isn't fair. And I guess some people do things I can't? Like dreaming. You dream, right Anika? What's it like?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1145

[Drinks With Fiendling]

"Oh, please." Braon drones. "You only say that because it's so ubiquitous. Everyone thinks they're better than they are in some capacity, right? At least as often as they get involved in self-loathing. If everyone is that delusional that often, it can't possibly be a problem, right?" She upends her drink into her mouth and gives a little hiccup. "The alternative is so much better. At least you'll never end up disappointing yourself. As long as you can keep up with your needs. 'Yeah, I'm an utter piece of crap, but at least I cop to it. Now give me your money and scat.'"

This was, of course, not a totally accurate portrayal of how Braon would go about robbing someone. She's not the type to corner someone in a dark alley with a knife and threaten them. At least not until recently. She generally just takes what she wants, ideally without letting the owner know until after it's already in her possession.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-26 at 12:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1146

"Yeah, exactly! I'd be a kitty on kitty tag team! Or that's the idea at least.

I don't actually know what Blanche thinks of the idea yet but I can work out that later."
    Things always worked themselves out in the end so one shouldn't spend too much time thinking about them.

Then Lapis start to ask about dreams and Anika can only shrug. "Uh, I dunno? I can't recall any dreams on top of my head. Unless you mean emerald dreaming which is quite different. Druids can go to what we call the 'emerald dream' which is all... nature-y and stuff."

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Well, that's... pretty gross." An understatement if there ever was one. "I'm glad you got out eventually, though. Parents... well. I've seen my share of it in the Hive. Not vampires or shape-changers, but parents who treated their kids like property."
    "Yeah, it was. It's all in the past now though." Ithuriel mutters, but her heart's clearly not in it as she says it. Not something she's ever properly resolved or come to terms with. Not really. "Here's to more pleasant times, huh? Things aren't so bad for either of us these days. We've both been through a lot and come out better for it...on the whole anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    While she was normally quite talkative, Kestrel ate in a mildly awkward silence while she tried to recover from her embarrassment. Fortunately, while she flusters rather easily, she bounces back pretty quickly too given a bit of time. "Oh, tomorrow is fine! I really don't have much I need to prepare. How far out is the dungeon, do you know? And how big is it? Cus I do need to know how long we'll probably be out to pack properly, but otherwise my adventure prep is pretty simple." Kestrel didn't usually take too much on her travels and adventures.
    "At walking pace, I reckon it's probably a couple of days out. Fortunately we're not limited to walking pace. Well, as long as ya don't mind takin' a ride on my back, anyways." Atreyu answers with a chuckle. "Don't suppose you've got any experience ridin' wolfback, Missy?" He asks, teasingly. "Ain't a problem anyways, I'll show ya how it's done. Doin' that means we can get there in a day, camp out fer the night, and head into the place the followin' morning. Assuming it only takes a day's adventurin' to get what we need, we should be lookin' at a three day round trip. Maybe pack fer a bit longer, just in case. But don't worry 'bout food. I got us covered there one way or another without needin' to take any with us."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The scry reveals three different types .

First is a monster appears as a gigantic mechanical crab. It has numerous window-like eyes colored yellow, and tons of gear contraptions on top and below of its body, and on its legs too. It seems to be located on the biggest dump in inside likly living there as people think it's just part of the trash

Second is a scroll, much likly a summon scroll. Unless opened it is hard to tell more. It's in outside in a hidden crypt.

The last one seems to be some kind of fairy, which is odd since she appears raaher normal. A moment later the scry should be ended as she casted a protection. Still she must be close, like Riverside.
    Fenric scowls as his spell is snapped on him - that's always one of the risks of scrying, of course, but the headache isn't nice. He takes a sip of his cola and then turns to the newcomer.

It looks like you're in luck: three entities showed up in the search. The last one didn't appreciate being spied on, though, and cancelled my spell.

He then proceeds to relate the three things he found.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Orc in the Playground

Ding! goes a tinny little noise, as a section of wall slides open, revealing... an elevator. It's quite a spacious elevator, enough for fifteen or so people (less if one's a centaur or something, obviously), with mirrored walls, a bar to hold on to all around the edge and a chrome floor. It's lit by a fluorescent tube set into the ceiling. It's very clean and tidy, well-maintained... With the exception of the pile of bones on the floor. Three skeletons, partially articulated but slumped together so it's hard to tell where one end and another begins.

If anyone goes inside, there's only one button- a down arrow. Does anybody risk taking the elevator down? Who knows where it might go?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Yeah, it was. It's all in the past now though." Ithuriel mutters, but her heart's clearly not in it as she says it. Not something she's ever properly resolved or come to terms with. Not really. "Here's to more pleasant times, huh? Things aren't so bad for either of us these days. We've both been through a lot and come out better for it...on the whole anyway."
    "Aye, I reckon so. Life beat me up and chewed on me a little... but I'm still 'ere." And, because he can be annoyingly perceptive sometimes, he adds: "An' if you ever feel like your past isn't as much in the past as you'd like to be... well, I'm 'ere."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Fenric scowls as his spell is snapped on him - that's always one of the risks of scrying, of course, but the headache isn't nice. He takes a sip of his cola and then turns to the newcomer.

It looks like you're in luck: three entities showed up in the search. The last one didn't appreciate being spied on, though, and cancelled my spell.

He then proceeds to relate the three things he found.
    Karl's impression changes from the unintressed/annoyed/bored leaning back into a awake/intressed one. He stands up and nearly kicks his chair down. Only Carbuncle stops it from falling.

"Really?" he says maybe a bit to loud. He sure is happy about that as he listens. "The first one sounds like something lightning based, I need to prepare for that. I can't say much about the others. I guess the scroll one would be easiest since it wouldn't require to fight it, just to find it. So how could I find them? I'm not from around here so I might need a guide."

12. - Top - End - #1152

[Weird Bathroom]

This is exactly why she decided to leave this breadcrumb....kinda what she expected to happen.

June goes through the confusing turns back to the bathroom.

She stops in place. Recognizing the voice, she decides the best thing to do is to remain calm and keep her voice calm.

"There was a kid in here and I told him to stay here. Have you seen him?" she asks the no-longer-disembodied voice.

Honestly, judging by appearances, June isn't sure if this person is a ghost or not.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #1153

[Weird Bathroom]

The woman stares(?) at June in disbelief for a moment, slowly walking toward her. "You're not... no, you can't be. I'm seeing things. You were in my head a moment ago." She reaches up with a hand and sharply pokes June's cheek, recoiling when she realizes how undeniably solid she is. "My... you... you are real." Her cheeks pulsate slightly in what was probably her equivalent of a blush. "Does that mean... yes, that's the kid you're looking for, isn't it? Sorry, I haven't seen him. Was he supposed to be here?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Pixie in the Playground

Karl's impression changes from the unintressed/annoyed/bored leaning back into a awake/intressed one. He stands up and nearly kicks his chair down. Only Carbuncle stops it from falling.

"Really?" he says maybe a bit to loud. He sure is happy about that as he listens. "The first one sounds like something lightning based, I need to prepare for that. I can't say much about the others. I guess the scroll one would be easiest since it wouldn't require to fight it, just to find it. So how could I find them? I'm not from around here so I might need a guide."
    Fenric chuckles

Well, since I've scryed them I've got a pretty good feel for the rough location. I'm getting a bit old for adventuring, but I think I can manage a little bit of guide work. Which one did you say you wanted to look for first?

15. - Top - End - #1155

Karl looks at him a bit confused. He was never the best to make out how old people are. Especially wgen they are from another race.

"The scroll would be the eaIest one from what you saw. I would need some more informations on the others like what weaknesses they have. I might have to contact someone who knows more about the magic around. You don t happen to know one?"

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ghost in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "At walking pace, I reckon it's probably a couple of days out. Fortunately we're not limited to walking pace. Well, as long as ya don't mind takin' a ride on my back, anyways." Atreyu answers with a chuckle. "Don't suppose you've got any experience ridin' wolfback, Missy?" He asks, teasingly. "Ain't a problem anyways, I'll show ya how it's done. Doin' that means we can get there in a day, camp out fer the night, and head into the place the followin' morning. Assuming it only takes a day's adventurin' to get what we need, we should be lookin' at a three day round trip. Maybe pack fer a bit longer, just in case. But don't worry 'bout food. I got us covered there one way or another without needin' to take any with us."
    In a normal conversation, Kestrel may have missed the innuendo's and eyebrow waggling Atreyu was aiming towards her. But the reminders he had been dropping earlier to tease her with had made her well aware of exactly what she was doing. Kestrel fake-coughed into her elbow, trying to hide the blush returning to her face and doing her best to act unphased.

"W-Well that sounds better than walking," she started, mentally cursing the stutter that crept into her voice whenever she was teased like this. "As long as you don't c-carry me in the same way you d-did last time!" Oh dear. Compose yourself, Kestrel. You're not doing a good job at this whole 'pretending his teasing isn't affecting you' thing. "And if you got food handled I honestly don't needta pack much." Although maybe she should listen to Atreyu's advice and pack a bit extra. After all, not packing enough was one of the reasons she had needed Atreyu's help in the Hunting Grounds.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Pixie in the Playground

Karl looks at him a bit confused. He was never the best to make out how old people are. Especially wgen they are from another race.

"The scroll would be the eaIest one from what you saw. I would need some more informations on the others like what weaknesses they have. I might have to contact someone who knows more about the magic around. You don t happen to know one?"
    Fenric shakes his head

I'm afraid I'm a bit out of touch when it comes to such folk, these days. Zee might know.

Fenric indicates the everpresent bartender.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Barbarian in the Playground

A kitty tag team.

"But Blanche isn't really a kitty, is she? I've seen cats before they're different. She's just got cat ears and a tail but she really doesn't act like a cat," Lapis reasons.

Or, at the very least, not like a cat that Lapis has ever met before.

Usually they just lay around in the sun and hunt sometimes and some of them are nice and let you pet them but others just run away if you try to pet them.

Lapis hasn't found any rhyme or reason to whether a cat is a petty cat or a runny cat.

This is a deep mystery, of course. Maybe she'll solve it some day.

"But if you can turn into a great big cat can't you just be the one that protects her? Or maybe you want her to have an extra cat for when you aren't around?" Lapis asks.

Lapis has many questions.

This is a result of being very young and having an at best tentative grasp of how things work.

"Is the Emerald Dream like the Dreamlands? That's where mortal souls go when people sleep. Or that's what Mother told me. I've never dreamed before so I don't know."

[Drinks With Fiendling]

"Some people think that they're absolute garbage, yes" Zee agrees helpfully. "I meet lots of them here. Try to cheer them up. I do what I can to make the world a little brighter."

That's what stars do after all.

They shine.

"So, I suppose, the question tonight is what you're doing here?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #1159

[Drinks With Fiendling]

"Pass the time, mostly." Braon sighs. "I'm not due out until tomorrow. Gotta be somewhere tonight, it might as well be someplace entertaining." She shrugs and swirls her drink in her hand as it refills. "Although... 'make the world a little brighter'? Freaking really? I didn't think you were that sappy, Zee. Or that you didn't know a losing battle when you saw one."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #1160

"She's not a kitty, but she's a kinda like a kitty. Two different things with the same name, and she does purr sometimes. Her dad is a full-time kitty though, or at least part time. Or so I've heard." Or seen rather considering the photos of Rein she had managed to peak at.

"He's also pretty good at adventuring so, uh, well, it wouldn't look good if I just did everything for her. So yeah, that and an extra cat when I'm not around. Besides, I usually want to go for my bear from."

But Anika has to consider a little bit regarding Lapis final question. "Uh, I don't think so as most non-druids can't go there as far as I can tell. It's also connected to my magic so unless you can also shapeshift or cause roots to entangle people you can probably not go there. As I said, it's all very nature-y."

21. - Top - End - #1161

Fenric shakes his head

I'm afraid I'm a bit out of touch when it comes to such folk, these days. Zee might know.

Fenric indicates the everpresent bartender.
    "To bad" he says. "But yeah I think I ask her then. It might not be most important for the scroll, but it can't hurt to prepare in time. Do you need time to prepare?" Karl will wait for the reply and then head for the bartender called Zee. He did saw her once and she brought the scry bowl.

"Hello. Fenric told me that you can maybe help me. I'm kinda on the hunt for summons, which sounds bad now that i speak it out loud, and I need to prepare. So I was looking for someone who might know more about those things he found or about summons in the Nexus in general. He told me you might know someone? Or maybe you can point me to soemone else?"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2021-11-04 at 05:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1162

[Weird Bathroom]

June gets poked.
    "I told you I was real," June says, glad she was proven right.

She pauses, to let that sink in.
    Then, she adds, as she looks around the restroom, "Well, it's still entirely possible that we're in your mind. A couple months ago I got trapped in some ghost's mind, living through her last day alive and the only way out was to survive the night. Doesn't seem to be exactly what's going on now, though." Maybe. For all June knows, this gal could be a ghost. On occasion, June has a hard time distinguishing ghosts from physical people.

Anyway, getting off that train of thought – honestly, whether this lady is a ghost or not doesn't really matter – June gestures at the line of toilet paper that leads out of the room. "The kid and I were both in a tavern's bathroom when the door out suddenly stopped leading to the tavern. When you mentioned the pathways were twisting weird, I used that roll to make a trail, so that I could follow it back here."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #1163

[Weird Bathroom]

The woman gives June a wide-"eyed" stare for a moment, before shaking her head at the possibility. "Normally, I'd say you're being insufferably illogical, but this whole place has been nothing if not that. I'm not a ghost, I don't think... ghosts don't exist. And I don't think I somehow managed to walk into my own mind, that'd be impossible. Unless I'm still somehow hallucinating you and that's your way of telling me." She looks over June again and gives her a tenative poke. "...You say we're in a bar bathroom?" She asks, looking around. "That's... that's new."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-10-12 at 05:13 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Ding! goes a tinny little noise, as a section of wall slides open, revealing... an elevator. It's quite a spacious elevator, enough for fifteen or so people (less if one's a centaur or something, obviously), with mirrored walls, a bar to hold on to all around the edge and a chrome floor. It's lit by a fluorescent tube set into the ceiling. It's very clean and tidy, well-maintained... With the exception of the pile of bones on the floor. Three skeletons, partially articulated but slumped together so it's hard to tell where one end and another begins.

If anyone goes inside, there's only one button- a down arrow. Does anybody risk taking the elevator down? Who knows where it might go?
    Someone looks over at the 'ding' of the elevator.
    A sort of demon girl (red skin, horns, bat wings, barbed tail, empty black eyes, etc.) hops up from the corner where she was placidly observing the bar and sipping water, to approach the wall that's sliding away. It takes a moment to figure out what she's looking at; Kiun has only ever seen one elevator, and it wasn't so large and fancy as this.
    A moment's consideration reveals that it's an obvious trap. Where would those skeletons have come from if not from people who pressed that button and then never disembarked?

But it's a slow pointless day today, and she's curious, so she steps in and presses the button with the thumb-claw of one wing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Orc in the Playground

Elevator

The doors slide shut, and there's a lurch as the elevator starts to descend. Eventually, Kiun will find herself in Planeside, the Prison Realm.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #1166

[Weird Bathroom]

"Not the first time I've been called that," June comments, offhandedly, when she gets accused of being insufferably illogical.
    It's okay, though.
    Doesn't matter to her what other people thing about how she thinks.

She gets poked again.
    June blinks.
    "In one, or were in one." She glances around, too, and walks over to the stalls to look in them. "Possibly a men's restroom. I wasn't really paying attention when I walked in. Unfortunately, the kid wasn't paying attention either until he saw me in the corner with my shirt-" She waves the bloodstained cloth "-stopping my bleeding."

She looks through the other stalls, opening them one by one. "Thinking this room is kinda like an elevator, maybe. Like, but, instead of moving up and down, it moves from here to there. So, was connected to the bar, but then, like, the doors closed and it moved and now it's somewhere else. Or something like that. Dunno, most of this stuff is pretty new to me."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #1167

[Weird Bathroom]

"Putting aside how the mechanisms that would make that possible make absolutely no sense, that makes perfect sense." The woman replies, scratching a little at her scalp. "Although, that doesn't really answer the more salient questions. Namely, where'd the kid go, and how do we get back?"

She sighs and looks out the door. "...We're going to have to go wandering again, aren't we?" At least June had a reliable way of bringing them back to the restroom. "I mean, the alternative is to hope he finds his way back here, and that this room suddenly goes back to... wherever your bar is."

If June takes the woman's advice and ventures out again, they'll eventually end up back at the beaker room, totally reset. Plenty of time to talk either way.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

28. - Top - End - #1168

[Weird Bathroom]

June finishes checking all the stalls. "I was hoping he was just hiding here, afraid you were some kind of giant psychic cockroach or something," she says. She takes another roll from a stall, just in case the path this time is somehow different from the first one again.

With the new roll, she goes back out of the room. "Pretty sure he was going to stay put, though. Seems unlikely he'd wander around just because I didn't come back. Best guess is..." June purses her lips and starts going back through the halls, as she tries to figure out what would make the most sense. "The room we were just in is on a different 'floor'? or something? from the one I left? I dunno, probably something like that. If only what's-her-name was here then she'd probably already know the way out."

Anyway, back to the beaker room.
    "Oh, here's where I just was. It was..."
    June suddenly stops talking, though, for a moment, because she suddenly has an intense headache due to something happening in another scene. Whoops. Too bad.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #1169

[Weird Bathroom]

"...Giant psychic cockroach. There's a story there, I'm sure."

When June's headache goes away (assuming it does), she'll see the hollow woman busily mixing up the same potions she herself had created during her time in this room. Or at least, the first one. Now she's just staring at the beaker with a frustrated frown. "...What the hell am I supposed to do with this." She grumbles.

June might notice that the door on the far side of the room is slightly ajar; they can leave at any time. The woman doesn't seem to have seen it.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #1170

[Weird Bathroom]

The headache doesn't go away and probably won't for several hours, but that's okay. She can just get used to it and pretend it's normal.

Well, eventually, she looks around and pretends that her brain isn't being used for anything.

Seeing the potion thing made, June starts wondering why there's not a voice coming from the door again, when she looks at the door.
    And it's open.
    "Don't know what you did, but looks like you got the door open," she says. "Was closed when I was in here."

She keeps on unrolling the roll towards the door and, when she gets there, opens it up all the way.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.