New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLV

Twin Sibilings

"Mostly the stuff that a modern phone can do. Communication, internet searching, GPS location, taking pictures." When Jason comes from, phones couldn't do that and it was actually cool. Now he carries something else with him that can do all that stuff anyway. But not most of the secret features of the watch, the ones he doesn't want other people to know about.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Twin Sibilings]

"In such a little space though."
    Even without the secret functions, it's impressive enough.
    How did you get started at inventing?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

"It's such a generic answer, but college. I studied electrical engineering, and got into creating gadgets as a hobby. It just escalated from there." Jason is lucky enough to be very good at it. But his reasons are mundane. It's just a fun thing to work on, which then became his job.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #274

"Well, it's not that generic. I never attended any colleges, you know?" Blossom shrugs. There doesn't need to be a dramatic story behind it, if he's just as good at making things either way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

"Not everyone does. I've learned it's a lot more common in my homeworld than in many places." Jason understands. But he wouldn't not go to college. College was important. "So what about you? How did you decide to be a priestess? And why Inari?"

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #276

Default [Twin Siblings]

Blossom nods along. "Oh, it was pretty simple. There was an opening for a priestess and the queen suggested that I would be best for the job."
    "It was Inari because rice is the crop everything depends on at home. But I'm glad it was; the temple has been really welcoming."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

"Queen?" Jason asks. A queen doesn't seem like she'd have the power to appoint priests, but what does he know? At least it sounds like a useful profession, at least if you assume it actually works for improving crop growth.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #278

Default [Twin Siblings]

"Uh, yeah. Icehome's Queen Carmen. We worked together a lot before then. It's a very small dominion." Blossom hurries to explain, then getting a bit of a distant, dreamy look. "Although still, not everyone knows the queen personally. And of course the church is independent, so I did have to prove myself there too."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

That's good, Jason guesses. But he's never heard of Icehome. "So how long is it going to take? The thing with my sister." That's probably difficult to say, but he doesn't know that. He's just worried about her.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #280

Default [Twin Siblings]

"More than an hour, I'd say. Try not to worry about her in the meantime, right?" Blossom suggests. You can't just turn someone human at the drop of a hat. But neither is Jason going to help her from here.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

"I guess I'll just have to wait." Jason takes another long drink. "I just don't know what to think of her sometimes. I guess I'm not used to having a sibling."

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #282

Default [Twin Siblings]

"I think it's important to remember that your siblings aren't your responsibility." Blossom adds. I wonder how she came to that conclusion.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

"Yeah, but she's family. I've got to look out for her," Jason responds. "What kind of brother would I be if I didn't at least try to protect my sister?" He has no clue. He's not been a brother for long.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

A man steps into the tavern. he got a heavy leather like jacket, a wool cap and a scarf. Otherwise he seems to have some common clothes on. He takes a few steps and wipes off the snow on his shoulders. His eyes scan the room. He then turns to a free table and walks over he takes of his jacket and warps it around a chair, then he takes the chair net to this one and sits down. He takes the menu from the table and opens it, but instead of looking through it his eyes wander through the tavern looking for whatever is around. he surly notice some randeom NPC Elf and other non human races.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

As the man in the heavy leather jacket enters the room, a figure at the bar turns his head to notice him.

The man at the bar isn't particularly interesting, for while his rugged features are more or less conventionally attractive, he's somewhat nondescript.

His outfit isn't any more memorable than the rest of him, consisting of a faded graphic tee worn beneath a dark flannel jacket. His jeans are tight and ripped from wear, rather than out of style. Heavy workboots rise up to his calves, the worn black leather having grown malleable long ago. Finally, a simple cap rests upon his head, bathing the upper half of his face in shadow. As he sits and sips at a tall glass of beer, his eyes briefly meet the newcomer's own.

He nods, a friendly enough gesture - yet there was something there, something strange in his shadowy eyes.

16. - Top - End - #286

The man 's view pass through the room. As he met's eyes with the man on the br he takes down the menu. He holds the look for a few more moments befor nodding as well and then looking elsewhere.

He is not sure what to do with that. The person on the bar seems nowhere near what he is looking for and the whole shadow thing isn't helping. Not that he had anyone special to meet here and that man doesn't seem to fance. Not the kind of Guide he would need here.

So in the meantime he orders a drink and takes the jacket from the other seat to put it over his current seat, offering the free char for anyone and much likly the bar guy

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Déjà-vu struck many of the tavern dwellers as a recent event replayed itself once again.

The tavern doors burst open suddenly with an unnecessary force. In the open portal stood a silhouette, a stature of unbridled confidence and a carefree pride. The thin shadowy figure was made from menacing dark leathers that fit tightly to a young feminine frame, rare glimpses of pale porcelain skin peeking through from beneath. Two piercing bright blue orbs scan the tavern from behind long locks of silky dark hair. A wry smile running across her soft lips beneath.

A fine dark hilt was strapped to her hip bearing intricate gold inlay matching the scabbard in which it lay. A sizeable ruby sat adorning a finger of her left hand. An unusual complex crossbow hung neatly over her back. Across her chest and stomach two belts of pockets and holsters cleverly sat, a practical, functional and fashionable part of her ensemble.

Slow steps of her large heavy boots took her steadily across the taverns wooden floor, nearing her towards the bar whilst she continued to shamelessly study the occupants one by one.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-04-11 at 09:55 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

The plainly clothed man at the bar glances lazily towards the opened door.

As he sips at his beer, he gives the newcomer a brief lookover. An adventurer of some sort, clearly.

He couldn't help but sneer slightly. Nowadays, it seemed the poor man couldn't even get a beer without some freak barging in on him. Rather than confront the needlessly disruptive adventurer, he simply hunches down over the bar, muttering to himself all the while.

19. - Top - End - #289

Default [Twin Siblings]

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Yeah, but she's family. I've got to look out for her," Jason responds. "What kind of brother would I be if I didn't at least try to protect my sister?" He has no clue. He's not been a brother for long.
    "Well, I guess a worse one." Blossom admits. "But you also have to worry about you. Lighten up a bit."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

"Believe me, I do. But I want to help her too." Jason replies. "I just don't know how. Especially with her... condition." It's been very strange. Not only to have a sibling out of nowhere, but a sibling who spends part of her time fluffy and quadrupedal.

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Raeh approached the bar, finding a spot beside the plainly dressed mumbling man who her eyes barely touched, washing over him with a dismissive glance before letting out an audible exasperated sigh. She shook her head at the barman as he made to offer her a drink, causing half pointed ears to slip through her waving hair.

”No drink, I’m sure it’s all just used bath water and stale piss anyway.” she said to the barman.
    Following her insult she looked the man over, seemingly forcing herself to take in his measure.

”But you will do.” she says, much to his confusion and shock. ”Since the tavern is empty of anyone of interest, you won’t be missed and at least I’ll have someone who can pour a drink.”

The barman forced a smile and looked ready to refuse when the woman leaned over the bar. A faint glow emanating from behind those piercing pale blue eyes. A soft sultry whisper of unheard words slipping out from between an enticing smile. The barman paused in all movement and action, unable to break her glance or continue his refusal. It was clear magic was at play here.

The barman seemed to be unwillingly leaning forward, towards Raeh’s gentle out reaching hand. Her luring touch to be the finalisation of the compelling charm she was casting over him.
    It would take little interruption to pull him from her allure as already he fought her with all his trained will. But alone he was not strong enough.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-04-12 at 03:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292

The man with the leather jacket looks up at the door as someone bursts it open. He's a bit suprised that the person coming in acts so tougth, while looking more fragil. Something he did see in the past, but still was a rare event. He eyes her equipment over the menu in his hand. Questions rising that seek for answers, like 'How good is she with her weapon?', 'Where did she get her Gold?' and so on. Sadly she heads for the bar and the other man at the bar didn't notice his invetation.

He sights.

Then he hears the woman speak. He raise an eyebrow in confusion. She seems to be unsavory in her speech and maybe in her manners, too? Not thast he had to wait long to get the answer anyways. She seems to charm the barman? That is rude. After all he wasn't even able to order anything. That is unforgivable... well at least he can't let her do it now. He looks around. He's not willing to make a big scene so he needs to be a bit more stealthy.

He rippes out a page of the menu, crumbels the paper, holds it in his hands for a few seconds and then throws it at the woman. While holding he gave the paper a little magic so his throw should hit her. Not that it is harmfull, but maybe that is enougth to break her concentration.

Should it work he will wave in a freindly manner. "Sorry. I was trying to get the barmans attention. I want to place an order."

23. - Top - End - #293

Default [Twin Siblings]

"Well, the first thing you can do is be understanding. Don't make her handle everything alone."
    They might keep talking for a while, but really, what they're doing is waiting for Jade to return.
    And before long...
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

Jade reemerges from the mirror.
    She still has the tail and ears, to Jason's mild surprise. She looks very confused. And then she spots Jason and looks even more confused.
    The new kitsune makes her way over to Jason and Blossom. She doesn't recognize Blossom, but she definitely recognizes Jason, but not the way he was expecting. "Um, hi. You must be Jason." "Jade? Are you all right? Did it not work?"

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #295

Default [Twin Siblings]

"No, it did work. She's all solid now." Blossom waves, "Hello again Jade."
    About this time, she gets a message on her phone that she goes to check.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings
    "Not quite." Jade sighs and sits down. "I'm going to need a stiff drink." She rubs her head and looks Jason in the eyes. "Sorry. I don't remember you. The resurrection, it took my memories from me. And left me with these." She carefully scratches her fox-ears. Jason leans in and gives his sister a gentle hug. "It's okay. I remember you. And you're still my sister. No matter what."

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #297

Default [Twin Siblings]

"Took her memories...." Blossom muses, reading over the update and hearing the same from Jade. "Why don't I let you two catch up, huh?" She pushes her glass of water a bit away and stands up from the bar.
    Not really what she was expecting here, but Jade has been helped to not be a monster, which is definitely more important.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Twin Siblings

"Thanks for your help. See you, Blossom." Jason says as Blossom leaves. The two twins start in on hushed, slow conversation with each other, less of a "catching up" and more a commiserating. Mostly about how magic is annoying and hard to understand. Jade keeps shifting in her seat, trying to find a good position for her tail. She's got a lot of adjusting to do, but fortunately, she has someone else to help her along.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Raeh’s out stretched hand was only inches away from the barkeeps dazed empty face when the crumpled paper smacked into the side of her head.
    Her eyes instantly swung down to the floor to see what had assailed her before sweeping up and over the tavern to find her assailant.
    In a flash her blade was in her hand. The dark hilt belonging to an equally and unnaturally dark blade. A spiteful intense malice burned from behind those exquisite blue eyes of hers and crept across her every other feature, except for her fake smile. It remained, sly, amused and taunting.

The barkeep stammered and stepped back, lost for words as he regained his senses. The man in the leather jacket speaks and the barman responds, happy to put his focus elsewhere he hurried over to take the mans order.

Raeh sheathed her sword, the blade disappearing into its scabbard without a single sound. She let out a long drawn breath and relaxed her posture, now leaning against the bar, tapping her fingers upon its surface while never taking her eyes off her attacker. The malice never completely faded from her eyes but instead was accompanied by contemplation.

30. - Top - End - #300

The man with the leather jacket met's her vision for some time befor clearing the order with the bartender.

"Give me menu 5 and a coke, no ice." he says and then adds. "And a new menu. This one misses the dessert"

He remains on his table with the menu open. As befor his vision is more on the patronsof the tavern then the items on the menu. It's easy to say he is unarmed unless the knife for the menu counts as a weapon. The chair next to him is still free, but he doesn't say anything.