New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLV

Raeh grumbled to the uninterested man beside her. “I cannot believe the rudeness of some people around here, throwing rubbish around and leaving it for others to clean.” she let out a sigh and eyed the crumpled paper on the floor.

With skilful hands a concealed dagger was suddenly retrieved from its hidden position, flourished around her fingers for a moment and then plummeted into the bar top. The wooden surface becoming the victim of her ire.

As the barman finally came out carrying a tray of food, the drink and new menu as requested, Raeh quickly intercepted his path that was set to wildly avoid her.
    Not wanting to get caught in her eyes the barman made to look away, that along with his hands being full left him helpless to stop her intervention.
    She took the menu and tore out the last few pages. Next, she removed a glove so she could lick her own finger before placing it into the cola. Ice formed across the top of the liquid and spread up the containers edges.

Carry on, she said to the man.” sucking on her cola covered finger as she went back to take her seat and pull the knife from the wood, discarding the torn out dessert menu across the bar.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

The man can see her action clearly. After all she doesn't seem to hide it in any way. He's only worried that those ice cubes aren't just frozen cola. The man thanks the bartender who will tell him about the drink, but before he can take the drink away the man slides with his finger over the glasses edge.

"Return this to the woman. Just give me a new one." With that he hands the man a paper and whispers to him that he can put that on the new glass so the woman won't be able to put her fingers in again.

The barman will do as said, leaving the coke with ice at her and get a new one.

Should she look at it there is nothing different, should she try to drink it or put her fingers in again there seems to be a shield preventing her from getting in or th drink getting out. Two can play that game.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

An amused grin of satisfaction crept across her face as she was handed the drink. She made to break the frozen ice with the tip of her dagger so she could then drink it, but her every effort was thwarted by the invisible field placed upon it. On her third attempt, with a bit more force behind it, the glass was instead sent sprawling across the room. Yet still her dagger didn’t get into the vessel nor did any coke come out.
    It lay spinning and swooshing somewhere on the tavern floor, gradually slowing down.
    Raeh scowled at the man, the dagger in her hand looking ready to fly across the room, but it never did. She simply shrugged her shoulders and turned back to the barman.

“You got a job board around here?” she asked with her usual soft honeyed voice lacking of any manners.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

At one of the tables away from the centre of the tavern sits an off-duty Intersection detective. Michalson looks even more tired than usual today but isn't drinking just yet. Seems he's waiting for someone instead.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #305

The man rouse a bit as the glass is sent flying and in his mind he knows he got his revenge, even if he might got an enemy there. He doesn't do anythign more, just looking at her when she scowles at him.

Since the barman she talked to befor is afraid of her she won't get an answer from him, but there are more. One who is less afraid of charms or more resitant.

"No, we don't have one here. Normaly you find some jobs by asking around or you can go to MERC, they are the greatest organisation if you are a mercanary. Otherwise you could joun Vigil, Halo or so to get paid."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

With a raised brow Raeh took in the barmaids words but seemingly ignored them, she pulled forth a scroll case and relieved it of multiple parchments. Laying one of the papers out on the counter she nailed it to the wooden surface using the butt of her dagger.
    ”Well then right here will do.”
    She took another and went and nailed it to the wall, oblivious or deliberately ignorant to the employees frustration.

The paper was neatly written, an invitation and offer of reward although of no specific value. It was a call to the hunting grounds. To the mysterious obelisk hidden in the desert. There were no directions or details beyond that mystery.

7. - Top - End - #307

The people at the bar don't seem to mind at all. After all it's rather common that something breaks half the Tavern so a few nails are really nothing to worry.

The man with the leather jacket finishes his meal. He stands up to look at the note when the woman isn't still standing near it. He doesn't know the location, but he also had a short glimps of the womans attitude. All together he assumes this be a trap or at best the payment beeing as low as possible if any will be hand out. So with nothing to gain from this offer he returns to his seat and continues to watch the other people in here.

The tired man looks intresting, but it's obviouse he waits for someone. Not really a great way to start a conversation.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Halfling in the Playground

"Hey Michalson, sorry I'm late!" Walking over to join him is the also off-duty angel cop, Ithuriel. Still in uniform, she's carrying two drinks - her usual, and his. "I got caught up in, uh, angel business. First round's on me to make up for it." She slips into the seat opposite Michalson and slides his glass over with an awkward smile.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson's usual is something cheap, strong and not very good. Growing up in a slum and being an adventurer both gave him a terrible taste in alcohol, one he claims he's too old to shake.

"Angel business sounds serious. But I'm sure a round will buy my forgiveness," he says. He's doing his best to sound cheerful, but it's clear it's an effort.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ghost in the Playground

The world seemed to spin slightly as Reuma half fell, half staggered through the doorway to the tavern. Her mind raced, trying to process everything that she was seeing, everything she was hearing.... Even the magic of the world felt different, chaotic, many different weaves and wefts flowing around the eddies of the word’s form. How many different species had she seen? For the detail oriented healer, it was a total information overload, and the scattered, confused girl had ducked into the nearest respite available. A tavern, sure, somewhere she could slink to a corner and try and understand what was going on, how she had gotten here.

Outwardly, at least, Reuma was managing to keep it mostly together. Her chest rose and fell with half rapid breath, but her typical mask hid the confusion on her face as she searched out a secluded corner of the tavern to sit. Spotting an adequate place, the healer clutches her thick journal and magic staff, heading over as discretely as she could manage. With most of her body covered in flowing white robes or gilded wooden mask, it was possible she would have eluded some attention, if not for the brilliant purple and yellow sparks that shed themselves from her horns like ephemeral motes of fire, though the bright shower of magic seems to melt away when it contacts any surface. As the sparks fade, they leave the lingering feeling of worry and confusion in the air like the smell of something gone off.

As she sits, Reuma shakes her head and attempts to calm herself. Breathing in and out, she fishes a few small, brightly shining gems from her pack. “Right, food first, get your mind back in order, get used to the new magic in the air, then you can start to think again. I hope these gems are still good in these lands...” The pronghorn thought to herself. Or was it muttering? At this point the healer couldn’t even tell any more, and quit worrying about it, focusing instead on trying to look around the room and figure out what folks were eating and drinking.
    Last edited by Aurora Alchemi; 2021-04-19 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Formatting oops

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Reuma doesn't seem to be the only person wishing to order food right now. There's a rather large goblin woman ("large" being relative here) looking at the menu and seeming indecisive. She's standing on one of the barstools, its being difficult for her to see the menu otherwise. By the sound of it, she's not going to be done for a while yet.

12. - Top - End - #312

A man sitting on a table in the middle of the tavern looks curiouse at the newcomer. The man is a human. He seems to be around 30 and wears some casual modern clothes (likly our time). Only a heavy leatherlike jacket on the back of his chair appears uncommon. He already has his food but hs eyes mostly follow the newcomer.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

@Reuma

Raeh’s disinterested pale blue eyes suddenly sparked with a glimmer of growing excitement. Her head turned slowly following the path of the shy newcomer as the horned figure slinked across the tavern to a secluded corner.

The flashing silver shimmer of a dancing dagger flickered around Raeh’s fingers as a wide, almost predatory grin crept eagerly across her face. With a final flash the small knife that had been sating her boredom vanished and Raeh stood up from her stool.

Her hips swayed as steady steps took her across the room. A small pause was taken to look down upon the man who had rudely disturbed her before. No words were shared, just a taunting glare as she passed.

In no time she reached the the corner. ”Pretty rocks.” she says with soft sweet words, appearing before Reuma and leaning over her table. Her voice was like a honeyed poison. Pleasing to the senses but knowingly disasterly dangerous.
    Raeh stared at Reuma, a scrutinising gaze washing over the pronghorn, one of playful curiosity albeit slightly tainted with a cold selfish interest.

”Ain’t you a pretty thing.” she finally adds after drinking in the creatures sight.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-04-20 at 10:13 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ghost in the Playground

Reuma's eyes finally settle on the menu, calming somewhat as it becomes apparent that this world is used to the coming and going of strange people of all make. As she calms, the sparks slowly stop shedding from her horns, although a faint glowing aura of vivid purple betrays a feeling of unease even now. The menu seems, at least, to be partially legible, but someone of a shorter stature was already taking up some room to read it. The healer took a slow breath in, considering the options, when her eyes settle on the goblin. Reuma realizes that this is another one of the many new species or races that she had seen in the streets outside, and for a moment her curiosity overwhelms her sense of unease, a gentle blue glow surrounding her horns as the healer's eyes examine the goblin a little closer. Maybe I can ask them.. no no! I don't want to impose. Maybe if I just get a little closer I can be discrete and learn something? Reuma even half starts to move toward the goblin and get a closer look.

Of course, Reuma wasn't the only one in the bar examining another occupant, and as Reuma fixated on new knowledge, one of them makes a move. The pronghorn, absorbed in her natural curiosity, is brought back to reality as Raeh speaks, which causes the masked healer to give a gentle cry of surprise. Reuma's natural instinct is to draw away from the intrusive guest, and pull her journal closer to herself. The calm blue magic of curiosity fades to a violet of unease, occasionally sparking here and there, and the healer only just manages to suppress a tremble. What does this person want with me?They are way too close... Carefully moving the gems back into her pack, Reuma replies, voice slightly muffled behind the wooden mask. "H-Hello... there? Can I h-help you?" Reuma gave a dry gulp, tugging at her robes a little. Of course, being this close did have it's advantages for the pronghorn, and Reuma tried to feel out the weave of magic running through the newcomer. While she wasn't the most sensitive, maybe she could find out something of use.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Olvisin didn't miss a person looking at her rather intently, or trying to move closer. She wasn't sure what it was about, but before she could decide what to do, the person spoke to someone else. And audibly nervous. The goblin averts her eyes from the menu and turns to face Reuma and Raeh. Just what is going on here?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Raeh seemed to delight in the visible discomfort she caused. Her kindness and closeness growing the more Reuma pulled away. When she could lean no further over the table she instead smoothly slid around it coming to seat beside the pronghorn. Eyes intently studying the mask as if she were trying to see through it.

Help me.” she echoes Reuma’s question as she ponders the idea. Blue eyes still glued to the girl. “You could and you couldn’t.” she replies softly, the faintest slither of true sadness slipping through a crack in her own otherwise impenetrable mask.

You could start with your name and maybe take off that mask.” she says with a coy playfulness and gentle smile. Her hand reaching up ever so slowly to help take of the thing concealing Reuma’s face and voice.

Raeh was sitting close, obviously not one to respect personal space, but as her hand reached nearer, Reuma’s unnatural senses were hit with a haunting feeling.
    Death and undeath had been caused by that hand. Somewhere on her body a soul not of her own was bound. Negative energy flowed around her and her bones stank of the vile magic from prolonged exposure and use. If attuned to it, sadness and sorrow seemed to accompany the dark magic. Both sharing her body for equal amounts of time. The young half elf girl before her was but a mask, no, more a hollow suit of armour, worn so long she has lost the girl within.

It was a silent scream, a cry for help from the black abyss, although how much of it could be heard or even interpreted was not known. Raeh, completely unaware continued to smile and reach for the mask. Her own never faulting.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ghost in the Playground

Reuma found herself backed into a corner, tail pressed to the wall behind her, and her nerves grew. But Raeh's assertive advance only served to aid the lyrri's natural senses, the ever closer Raeh drew, the more and more of the weave's pattern Reuma could sense. And what a sensation it was, one of death, and decay... What might commonly be be known as the withering of negative energies. But satyrlyrri didn't see the negative and positive magics of gods or men; they see the weave, and in the weave both life and death are natural things, and even unlife is not always shied away from. Ahh, what a strange weave, but much the same as a humans... And what's this? Two patterns, folded and woven into each other? In a moment, the nervous magic spilling from the healer's horns seemed to change. Still nervous, but no longer scattered, the purple sparks flashed into gentle ebbs and flows of purple and red fire, falling like autumn leaves from the horns. The nervousness now was tinged with a clinging perceptiveness, the change from feeling emotionally helpless, to finding the end of a complex knot to work back and away.

"I will give m-my name, in the hopes for reciprocation... It is Reuma Almsheir." Then the healer puts up a single hand, stopping the advance of Raeh's. The skin is soft, smelling of rosehip soap, and soft as fleece. As the hand rises to intercept Raeh's, the sleeve of the gown falls a little, revealing the cross of scars on the arms, peaking from the shadowy depths. Reuma's eyes narrow softly, a fierce piercing stare not unlike a mother's to a child considering misbehavior. "But the mask will stay on, just as your own does, two soul." For a moment, the whispers of black and grey magic seem to flow between Reuma's fingers, but rather than a specific spell, the wefts of tint seem to wander freely like Aurora. As one contacts her fingers, Reuma flinches and mutters something in a strange and thick language, as their eyes slightly grow distant.

Though the language was foreign, the look in the eyes transcends language, speaking volumes of the combat healer's past. Even the emotional font of her horns bore signs of the plagued past for an instant, beads of magic looking like black tar forming for a moment, then fading as the healer wrestled her mind back to focus. It was, at least, a momentary distraction, and the nervous feeling fades a little more, the eyes behind the mask staring into Raeh's with a little more confidence. "Some space, i-if you pleas... We are yet strangers, and your h-hip is touching my own... Then perhaps I can h-help with what you need?" While the statement is polite and not assertive, Reuma puts a bit of pressure away from herself on the hand, making the intent for personal space clear.

18. - Top - End - #318

The man on the table, who obviously needs a name, looks back at Raeh when she stops for a moment by his table. Her taunting expression is met by a more cheerful one, likly saying 'bring it on'. He remains on his seat, watching the interaction between the half elf girl and the Satyrlyrri.

Other then befor with the barman he doesn't throw anything when the half elf approches closer, but if anyone has an eye on him he looks like he would be able to jump up at any moment.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Ever cautious, Raeh was quick to back away when unknown magic was seemingly at play. She did not move far but Reuma got her space. Beneath her facade she was tense and ready, muscles wound tight and all senses on alert, a daring smile covering it all. Reuma’s sudden confidence got an approving nod as Raeh leaned back.

She quickly found words to cover the the sudden pause the lyrri had given her. Raeh was unsure why but her curiosity had now grown into a fascination.
    ”What’s wrong with my hip?” she asks, feigning offence and looking down at it. As usual, Raeh decided this was just another person who needn’t know her real name, so without thought she prepared one of her many aliases, yet when she spoke.
    ”You can call Raeh.”

A sudden flash of confusion and irritation twinged her brow. ‘Why did that just happen’. Quickly carrying on she continues.
    ”You want to help me?” she asks rhetorically, laughing the thought off.
    ”What even are you, and what are you doing here? No offence but there are few that look like they don’t belong here but you are definitely one of them.

Raeh’s eyes lost some intensity and now danced over Reuma appraisingly, apparently reassessing her.

20. - Top - End - #320

Ithuriel raises an eyebrow. "Sounding a little serious there yourself, partner." She shrugs and stretches her wings, getting comfy in her chair. Not always the easiest thing as an angel. "Angel business is usually just, um, the kids, honestly. The survivors from the orphanage." She manages a wry smile. Still some nerves from the whole orphanage incident, even now. But she's mostly over it. "Easy to lose track of time. Now what's got you sounding so serious?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Alchemi View Post
    Reuma found herself backed into a corner, tail pressed to the wall behind her, and her nerves grew. But Raeh's assertive advance only served to aid the lyrri's natural senses, the ever closer Raeh drew, the more and more of the weave's pattern Reuma could sense. And what a sensation it was, one of death, and decay... What might commonly be be known as the withering of negative energies. But satyrlyrri didn't see the negative and positive magics of gods or men; they see the weave, and in the weave both life and death are natural things, and even unlife is not always shied away from. Ahh, what a strange weave, but much the same as a humans... And what's this? Two patterns, folded and woven into each other? In a moment, the nervous magic spilling from the healer's horns seemed to change. Still nervous, but no longer scattered, the purple sparks flashed into gentle ebbs and flows of purple and red fire, falling like autumn leaves from the horns. The nervousness now was tinged with a clinging perceptiveness, the change from feeling emotionally helpless, to finding the end of a complex knot to work back and away.

"I will give m-my name, in the hopes for reciprocation... It is Reuma Almsheir." Then the healer puts up a single hand, stopping the advance of Raeh's. The skin is soft, smelling of rosehip soap, and soft as fleece. As the hand rises to intercept Raeh's, the sleeve of the gown falls a little, revealing the cross of scars on the arms, peaking from the shadowy depths. Reuma's eyes narrow softly, a fierce piercing stare not unlike a mother's to a child considering misbehavior. "But the mask will stay on, just as your own does, two soul." For a moment, the whispers of black and grey magic seem to flow between Reuma's fingers, but rather than a specific spell, the wefts of tint seem to wander freely like Aurora. As one contacts her fingers, Reuma flinches and mutters something in a strange and thick language, as their eyes slightly grow distant.

Though the language was foreign, the look in the eyes transcends language, speaking volumes of the combat healer's past. Even the emotional font of her horns bore signs of the plagued past for an instant, beads of magic looking like black tar forming for a moment, then fading as the healer wrestled her mind back to focus. It was, at least, a momentary distraction, and the nervous feeling fades a little more, the eyes behind the mask staring into Raeh's with a little more confidence. "Some space, i-if you pleas... We are yet strangers, and your h-hip is touching my own... Then perhaps I can h-help with what you need?" While the statement is polite and not assertive, Reuma puts a bit of pressure away from herself on the hand, making the intent for personal space clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Ever cautious, Raeh was quick to back away when unknown magic was seemingly at play. She did not move far but Reuma got her space. Beneath her facade she was tense and ready, muscles wound tight and all senses on alert, a daring smile covering it all. Reuma’s sudden confidence got an approving nod as Raeh leaned back.

She quickly found words to cover the the sudden pause the lyrri had given her. Raeh was unsure why but her curiosity had now grown into a fascination.
    ”What’s wrong with my hip?” she asks, feigning offence and looking down at it. As usual, Raeh decided this was just another person who needn’t know her real name, so without thought she prepared one of her many aliases, yet when she spoke.
    ”You can call Raeh.”

A sudden flash of confusion and irritation twinged her brow. ‘Why did that just happen’. Quickly carrying on she continues.
    ”You want to help me?” she asks rhetorically, laughing the thought off.
    ”What even are you, and what are you doing here? No offence but there are few that look like they don’t belong here but you are definitely one of them.

Raeh’s eyes lost some intensity and now danced over Reuma appraisingly, apparently reassessing her.
    Olvisin peers between Raeh and Reuma. She has no clue what is going on here, except that Raeh still seems to be invading Reuma's personal space more than is appropriate. But she waits to see what the nervous masked person does first. No use barging in uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Ithuriel raises an eyebrow. "Sounding a little serious there yourself, partner." She shrugs and stretches her wings, getting comfy in her chair. Not always the easiest thing as an angel. "Angel business is usually just, um, the kids, honestly. The survivors from the orphanage." She manages a wry smile. Still some nerves from the whole orphanage incident, even now. But she's mostly over it. "Easy to lose track of time. Now what's got you sounding so serious?"
    "I got to thinkin'. A dangerous preoccupation, that." Michalson sighs. "Rememberin' things I did before winding up 'ere, when I was younger. Most of 'em strike me as stupid now."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ghost in the Playground

Reuma fidgets once more, taking a few moments and the extra space Raeh had given her to collect her thoughts. They are acting so nice, but they are so tense under it all... Reuma's eyes wander over Raeh's face, then around to the others in the area. Now even the goblin was watching, as if ready to jump in. It seemed like at least there were some nice enough folks, so even in Raeh decided to make a move, Reuma wouldn't be alone. Maybe the healer could get some answers? "I'm a satyrlyrri, that is to say one of the so called groveseekers, and an ex-combat medic..." Reuma's hand brushes over her thick journal as she considers what to say next.

"As for what I'm doing here.... I don't really know. I don't know how I ended up here, and I don't know where I am. I recognize humans, but there are so many other species I've never seen or felt here, including your own. You are... Kind of like a human, but not... and with two souls..." Reuma shakes her head softly, the mask lightly shifting, but not falling away. "I came into the tavern to get away from the noise and confusion outside... maybe get something to eat so I can start to think about what is going on." Reuma's horns flow once more with a gentle ebb of magic, this time with a melancholic feel to the air, as if missing home, or friends. Reuma, in a lot of ways, was alone.

"If you don't mind me asking.... what are you? And what is this place? I see many new things... There is so much more metal here than I am used to... And elemental lightning flows through many things, but it does not shock or spark... It is confusing to me..." Reuma's ears fold down slightly, moving the fabric of her hood ever so softly, and showing another sign of her confusion and sadness at being lost.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Barbarian in the Playground

[NEWCOMERS!]

Oh hey look new people.

Zee, the completely normal human female bartender (you suspect nothing), is making her rounds through the tavern taking orders when that tell tale twinge of twisting catches her attention. Someone new. Someone uncomfortable. Someone with someone else getting all up in their business. One gets all sorts at Trog's Tavern. People with a wide range of what's personally comfortable for them. And as the manager of the tavern Zee always wants people to feel comfortable here in so far as she has a say in the matter.

Which means?

Popping over to the duo of conversing women for a friendly-

"Howdy! Welcome to Trog's tavern," she says brightly. The barmaid looks quite unremarkable. Exactly like what one would expect a human barmaid to look like. This likely won't seem strange at all, provided no one decides to compare details on Zee's appearance. After all, no two people are going to have the same ideal mental image of what a perfectly normal human barmaid looks like. To those sensitive enough, however, Zee's overly normalness might strike them as unusual in of itself. She is, after all, not magical in any sense of the word. "My name's Zee and it looks like you two could use some menus!"

The menus, in more traditional to-be-held size, are offered to the pronghorn and the half-elf.

"When you two are ready to order if you need anything you just let me or one of the servers know, okay? And remember that newcomers get their first meal on the house! So don't worry yourself too much about paying unless you reeeeeeally feel like it."

MEANWHILE!

Shaking off an errant strand of a half-forgotten timeline Zee considers Selekhael's question.

Also considers how annoying it is to zone out like that.

Ugh.

"You could work for me if you really wanted to," Zee offers. "Despite appearances to the contrary I can't actually be everywhere at once some help is always welcome. But that's only if you want to. I've got soooooo many rooms up on the second floor and hardly any of them get used anymore. Which may or may not be a bad thing."

Considering what the rooms have been used for in the past.

Zee mostly blames the genesis of the Home thread for this particular plight.

"You've been through quite a bit! And it would warm my heart to help you get back on your feet again."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

"I can, uh, do that." Selekhael isn't sure what working for Zee entails. But she's sure it can't be so hard. "What did you have, uh, in mind?" She uses the edge of her dress' sleeve to wipe the remaining tears out of her eyes.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Raeh chuckled in soft amusement as Teuma spoke.
    ”satyrlyrri” she said, tasting the word. “You truly are just a lost little animal aren’t you.” She decided not to correct her or raise the question about the two souls comment. Well aware of the medallion around her neck housing her brothers spirit. The thought brought pause and hesitation along with an absence of further reply.
    Luckily it was at this point the barmaid named Zee interrupted with menus.
    “Well there ya go. Free food, that’s one of the things you were looking for.” Raeh quickly scans her own menu and then places it down.

”You never seen an elf before!?” there was a tone of astonishment and disbelief on her question.
    ”You been trapped in a basement? No wait, you were a combat mec thing, what ever that is. So you must be from really far away, or your one of those from a different plane.”

Raeh studies her horns. ”You are a bit strange. she points her dagger on the table, giving it a little flick and watching the sharp silver blade spin around. ”So what do you make your weapons out of?” she asks curiously.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-04-23 at 10:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground

Of course working at Trog's can be hard.

There are crazy adventurers in here all the time!

And other, weirder things.

Like that time a rocket powered chainsaw got launched through a window.

But generally speaking it isn't usually hard.

"Well, I guess that depends on what you're good at doing, Selekhael," Zee reasons, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "Do you know how to cook at all? Clean? Take orders and bring people their food? Most of the jobs here at the tavern aren't difficult but they can be hard. Especially when it gets busy!"

She sticks her tongue out at the poor, confused celestial.

"But you've got time on your side, so busy shouldn't be a problem."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

"Uh, I'm not very good at cooking." Selekhael answers. "But I can do the, uh, other things." She nods. She can do that. It would make her a waitress or a barmaid, wouldn't it? She's never done anything like that before. But she's sure she can. It can't be that hard, can it? Wait. Will she have to dress up for it? Zee wears a dress that's a bit more showy than what Selekhael would prefer. But isn't that part of working at a tavern?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #328

"Ah. I know those sorts of thoughts well. Well, similar enough ones anyway. It can be easy to get caught up on past regrets." Ithuriel gives an understanding nod. "So did you want me here to talk about some of them, or just help you forget about them for a while? Because I'm happy to do either."

29. - Top - End - #329

The man with the leatherjacket seems to be cooling off. It seems like nothing happens right now and the newcomer can handle herself.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Ah. I know those sorts of thoughts well. Well, similar enough ones anyway. It can be easy to get caught up on past regrets." Ithuriel gives an understanding nod. "So did you want me here to talk about some of them, or just help you forget about them for a while? Because I'm happy to do either."
    Michalson sighs again.

"I think... I've been tryin' to forget for a while now. I don't remember the last time I spoke about them to anybody. Becoming a detective was a way to get away from them. I've told you that I come from Sigil, right? The Hive. A slum if there ever was one. Young bashers can do a lot of barmy things to try to rise above it. I became a planeswalkin' adventurer, at first. Not the stupidest thing I could have done. That came later, when I joined a revolution. That would be where my ability to suppress dazzle comes from."