Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

At a complete guess (unfamiliar with UK laws except as they relate to Law & Order UK), I would imagine that as long as the name is legally changed, it is the exact same amount of "enforceable" regardless of whether it is in the public record or not.
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

I'm considering the value in using Velveeta or a similar processed cheese product as a "base/starter" cheese for soups and sauces--it's designed to melt evenly and smoothly so I'm wondering if melting that first and then adding the other desired cheeses to flavor it would work out.

I've looked at a couple of cheese soup recipes and I think that finely diced white onion caramelized in butter added to a mixture of milk and chicken broth seasoned with salt, white and black pepper, and a hint of garlic powder brought to a boil with cubed cheese product and shredded sharp cheddar melted into it in that order then finished with diced and roasted potatoes would be a good test but I'm not sure.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #873

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'm considering the value in using Velveeta or a similar processed cheese product as a "base/starter" cheese for soups and sauces--it's designed to melt evenly and smoothly so I'm wondering if melting that first and then adding the other desired cheeses to flavor it would work out.

I've looked at a couple of cheese soup recipes and I think that finely diced white onion caramelized in butter added to a mixture of milk and chicken broth seasoned with salt, white and black pepper, and a hint of garlic powder brought to a boil with cubed cheese product and shredded sharp cheddar melted into it in that order then finished with diced and roasted potatoes would be a good test but I'm not sure.
    Try and see! Also, do you have a mezzaluna? The second I read "finely diced onion" my first thought was mezzaluna. I may have an inordinate amount of love for mezzalunas, admittedly.
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Try and see! Also, do you have a mezzaluna? The second I read "finely diced onion" my first thought was mezzaluna. I may have an inordinate amount of love for mezzalunas, admittedly.
    No.

Maybe if I ever find myself able to move into my own house or apartment I'll pick up one for my own kitchen but...

Honestly, I've never really had trouble dicing things with a regular knife--my group had the smoothest strawberry jam when my food chemistry course did that due to my skill with the blade.

...I've gotta make that jam again. That was some good ass jam.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

...Huh. Looked that up, having not heard the phrase before. I've got something that's like that but with unsharpened blades, they called it a pastry blender. Hadn't thought of sharpening one for cutting things other than butter. Seems useful. Would be a pain to keep sharp, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #876
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Slap Chops are easier.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

At a complete guess (unfamiliar with UK laws except as they relate to Law & Order UK), I would imagine that as long as the name is legally changed, it is the exact same amount of "enforceable" regardless of whether it is in the public record or not.
    Basically if not enrolled organisations can refuse to accept it as evidence of your new name. English law is weird and the way it treats names is even weirder. Still, it is good that the actual legal change is easy and free even if definitive proof isn't.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

8. - Top - End - #878

No.

Maybe if I ever find myself able to move into my own house or apartment I'll pick up one for my own kitchen but...

Honestly, I've never really had trouble dicing things with a regular knife--my group had the smoothest strawberry jam when my food chemistry course did that due to my skill with the blade.

...I've gotta make that jam again. That was some good ass jam.
    Mezzalunas, at least for me, are less about having trouble without one than simply being way faster dicing/mincing.
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Mezzalunas, at least for me, are less about having trouble without one than simply being way faster dicing/mincing.
    Time isn't an issue for me, honestly, when possible while I prefer to take my time when prepping ingredients.

Textures a big issue for me, so... Like, a lot of the recipes I've experimented with or want to try involve taking a stick blender to the sauce to make sure there the consistency is smooth.

So when it comes to things like cutting and mixing, I'll take my time to do it right when feasible.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #880

Time isn't an issue for me, honestly, when possible while I prefer to take my time when prepping ingredients.

Textures a big issue for me, so... Like, a lot of the recipes I've experimented with or want to try involve taking a stick blender to the sauce to make sure there the consistency is smooth.

So when it comes to things like cutting and mixing, I'll take my time to do it right when feasible.
    I could cut each individual piece by itself, but en masse still does it right but faster. Mezzaluna still does it right, just faster (and easier/less effort, and more efficiently). I have nothing against anyone who doesn't want to use em, especially if they don't have em, but it's not an issue of not doing it right. It's simply, if I don't need to spend more time than necessary, I don't.
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

I could cut each individual piece by itself, but en masse still does it right but faster. Mezzaluna still does it right, just faster (and easier/less effort, and more efficiently). I have nothing against anyone who doesn't want to use em, especially if they don't have em, but it's not an issue of not doing it right. It's simply, if I don't need to spend more time than necessary, I don't.
    I wasn't saying that a mezzaluna wasn't doing it right, it's just...

Since I prefer to take the time to do it right, I don't really mind that a normal knife isn't as fast as using a mezzaluna.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other