New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Reading the eggnog discussion has made me equal parts curious and horrified (raw egg? And people drink this?). I've never had it, but now I do wonder what it tastes like. Even if I do find it horrible, I kind of want a taste now just for the experience.
    You've never eaten a raw egg for an afternoon snack?

Must be a culture thing I guess.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post

I like some heat in my undercooked foods. Eggs over easy or scrambled but still super runny, for example. Raw is too... Not warm.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

I dislike my eggs being runny at all, unless I have toast. Even then, over medium is as raw as I go.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    anyway... I'm wondering how to make a cheese sauce. The kind you'd dip pretzels in or pour over tortilla chips
    Equal parts flour and butter, however much you feel you need. Lightly brown flour and then add cold milk. Whisk until combined and add grated cheese. All cheese sauces start as a bechamel sauce.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Bah! The only right way to eat an egg involves soldiers, and therefore has to be unfully cooked!

It's the one thing we don't boil to death.

Salads also look better if you don't hardboil the egg. And now I want to get Tina steak in and make nicoise.

My girlfriend very cruelly won't let me feed her kitty tuna, something about not being part of her carefully considered diet. I'm fairly certain this is not the cat's opinion.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm glad that my life is good. Because I got great friends and a loving and supportive brother, great health and life and I don't care what the other people think of me (online and real-life) I don't worry about these people. I'm just glad for being me.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-12-31 at 01:13 AM.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

This was a thing here, but it's fallen out of favour (ironic, considering that mandatory vaccination for hens means it's probably safer than ever).
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Well my computer is really dead, for some reason I stayed awake all night yesterday and I had to cancel my new year's eve plan (having friends over) because I need to get up and running tomorrow and all but one friend couldn't come and I was stuck in front of my grandmother's place for a while this morning because the cold did a number on the gate's lock.

All in all, not a great day.
    Forum Wisdom

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Happy New Year Eve everyone.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Colossus in the Playground

Does anyone ever keep their new years resolution?

The only time I've ever managed to keep mine was when I resolved to write a chapter for each of the stories I was working on at the time before Valentine's Day.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

The only time I've ever managed to keep mine was when I resolved to write a chapter for each of the stories I was working on at the time before Valentine's Day.
    No I don't believe in New Year resolution.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

The way people set them up is normally doomed to failure.

My new year's resolution is to be vegetarian by Christmas 2021. I'm going to start off small with only Mondays being veggie days, and then I'll add another veggie day in every month or two.

Also, started Dragonfall, and that kicked any desire I had to play Cyberpunk 2077. Because man that's punk, even if I'm annoyed at having only been able to afford cybereyes and a datajack for the moment (and as Wired Reflexes will take up two points of essence I'm going to have to be picky with limbs, maybe just two cyberlegs for +2Quickness). It really does seem to have actually got the punk nailed.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-12-31 at 05:35 PM.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    The way people set them up is normally doomed to failure.

My new year's resolution is to be vegetarian by Christmas 2021. I'm going to start off small with only Mondays being veggie days, and then I'll add another veggie day in every month or two.
    Hey, that's funny, I've been deliberately reducing my eating of meat with the goal of eventually being a vegetarian for a few months now.
    Forum Wisdom

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, that's funny, I've been deliberately reducing my eating of meat with the goal of eventually being a vegetarian for a few months now.
    Aren't you French? I thought that was illegal over there! Obvious sarcasm is hopefully obvious.

Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Aren't you French? I thought that was illegal over there! Obvious sarcasm is hopefully obvious.
    Oy! Do you have a "not eating blood pudding" license, mate?
    Forum Wisdom

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

You get it for free the first time you boil it

Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Blood Pudding?! Is that real food?
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-12-31 at 05:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yes. Also known as black pudding.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

You get it for free the first time you boil it
    The Norman Conquest was a mistake.
    Forum Wisdom

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Ok. In my mind, I thought it was Jello Pudding.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Not as in the weird US custardy pudding. Or the proper UK suet stuff. It's also known as black pudding and blood sausage (although that's a more general thing), and it's essentially sausage made from grains and pig leftovers, mainly the pig's blood.

It is incredibly tasty. But in a year I shall be eating it no more (well, as a regular thing at the very least, I will likely hav meat occasionally if a host cooks it, and that extends to black pudding).
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-12-31 at 06:07 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm an American that hates hotdogs and beer, so we're all in good company when it comes to not liking our stereotypical foods.

...Actually, when it comes to ancestry I'm mostly Irish, 1/16th Amerindian on my dad's side, with traces of Scot, French, and I think german?

People who stereotypical have a weakness for beer, wine, and whisk(e)y... But I can't stand any of that.

Beer tastes icky. Wine tastes like someone pissed in spoiled grape juice, whisky tastes like cough syrup.

The lesson to learn from this? Stereotypes are bullcrap, yo.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #323

Not as in the weird US custardy pudding. Or the proper UK suet stuff. It's also known as black pudding and blood sausage (although that's a more general thing), and it's essentially sausage made from grains and pig leftovers, mainly the pig's blood.

It is incredibly tasty. But in a year I shall be eating it no more (well, as a regular thing at the very least, I will likely hav meat occasionally if a host cooks it, and that extends to black pudding).
    I never really got a good taste for it, but I also had a regional version.
    I'm an American that hates hotdogs and beer, so we're all in good company when it comes to not liking our stereotypical foods.
    So I doubt you would like it, but I can't hear someone mention hot dogs without touting the absolute supremacy of Hebrew National. Kirkland brand is still fantastic but it was a dark day when Costco had to change over.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-31 at 06:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324

It's also known as black pudding and blood sausage (although that's a more general thing), and it's essentially sausage made from grains and pig leftovers, mainly the pig's blood.
    I believe that blood sausage and blood pudding are the more generic terms, while black pudding is the English version (pig's blood, high in cereals) specifically, while blood sausage could use basically any type of blood (e.g. pig, cow, horse, donkey, sheep, duck, goat) and any type of thickener.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

...Actually, when it comes to ancestry I'm mostly Irish, 1/16th Amerindian on my dad's side, with traces of Scot, French, and I think german?

People who stereotypical have a weakness for beer, wine, and whisk(e)y... But I can't stand any of that.

Beer tastes icky. Wine tastes like someone pissed in spoiled grape juice, whisky tastes like cough syrup.

The lesson to learn from this? Stereotypes are bullcrap, yo.
    As a non-smoker French who doesn't like most cheeses, dislikes coffee and can't stand alcohol, I agree.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-12-31 at 06:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326

As a non-smoker French who doesn't like most cheeses, dislikes coffee and can't stand alcohol, I agree.
    Sacrebleu!

....berets and baguettes?

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I never really got a good taste for it, but I also had a regional version.
    German sausages are the wurst.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Sacrebleu!
    Hey, correct!

....berets
    Nope.
    baguettes?
    Come now, I may be atypical but I'm no barbarian.
    Forum Wisdom

29. - Top - End - #329

Hey, correct!
    I do learn eventually.
    Nope.
    My world is crumbling around me.
    Come now, I may be atypical but I'm no barbarian.
    That saved it, though. Baguettes just have that certain je ne sais quoi.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

My world is crumbling around me.
    I ate snails once. Kinda bland.

That saved it, though. Baguettes just have that certain je ne sais quoi.
    Savor?
    Forum Wisdom