New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Yes, I have several.

Paint another army.

Work on my voice.

Try to be able to understand a non-English languahe on at least a basic level.

What kind of vampire?

Vegetarians may not have meat by-products either, depending on how you define meat by-products.

Vegans avoid any food derived from an animal. And if they're doing it for moral reasons, they probably avoid leather, snakeskin, etc.
    You know, one of those Vampire: Masquerade, World Of Darkness Vampires.

And I know that Vegetarians and Vegans are very different from each other unless if I miss something.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    You know, one of those Vampire: Masquerade, World Of Darkness Vampires.
    There's still a lot of variation there. Can you be more specific about which sort of vampire you want to be and why?

And I know that Vegetarians and Vegans are very different from each other unless if I miss something.
    I was just clarifyinh/adding to your definition, sinxe it seemed to be incomplete.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

There's still a lot of variation there. Can you be more specific about which sort of vampire you want to be and why?

I was just clarifying/adding to your definition, sinxe it seemed to be incomplete.
    Beulah Vampire because they're very strong and uses strength. I'm the muscle vampire.

It's clarifying, not clarifyinh. I fix it for you.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Try to be able to understand a non-English languahe on at least a basic level.
    Ooh, which one? I keep meaning to give German another try, myself.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also yeah Dragonfall is INCREDIBLY punk. Dietrich's backstory is art. Ask him if he could sing.
    Yes, that was a funny bit . And Dietrich is good people. I also really loved the social experiment of the Flux State of Berlin in that game. As I learned more about the Shadowrun setting through the games I've come to really appreciate how interesting and different the geopolitical map is. I'm currently playing through a player made module called CalFree in Chains, part of a trilogy, and it's also really good!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Actually, while people like to get icked out by it, when properly prepared there's few parts of an animal you can't eat. My personal view on food ethics includes 'if you'll eat part of the animal you should be willing to eat the rest of the animal', I don't have a high opinion of people who'll eat a pork chop but not pig's liver*.
    I think that's a *slightly* extreme attitude. It's entirely possible to not want to eat liver because you don't like the taste (it does, after all, taste very different to regular pork or beef) rather than "Ooh, internal organs are icky, not like!". (Just to put cards on the table I *have* eaten liver and heart on their own, and I've eaten them combined with lungs in the form of haggis).

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Hey, samesies!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

I know it's tradition to stay up really late on New Year's Eve, but I kind of regret going as long as I did last night.

Oh well. Hindsight is twenty-twenty!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

I really do need to relearn German and give Mandarin another go. Also Danish, eventually, but I've been told to get good German first.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

10. - Top - End - #370

As, yes, Little Miss Claws is great. I just hope my occasionally shotgun blasts don't harm her (although my MC is more of an assault rifle robot death lady).

And I would, but I'm worried the game will suddenly develop voice acting. Just wishing I'd actually gone for the pink mohican now.
    Don't worry I'm pretty sure she can dodge shotgun fire

And yeah no they would punish you with voice acting. It's just a really really funny line.

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Yes, that was a funny bit . And Dietrich is good people. I also really loved the social experiment of the Flux State of Berlin in that game. As I learned more about the Shadowrun setting through the games I've come to really appreciate how interesting and different the geopolitical map is. I'm currently playing through a player made module called CalFree in Chains, part of a trilogy, and it's also really good!
    Dragonfall's setting is so cool, yeah. The way the world is just different everywhere has a good texture to it; the world WOULD have regional differences even in the cyberpunk dystopia after all. I haven't checked out any fan made modules for it, but I can see that being a great idea.

Also I'm going to reiterate; if y'all want some real good cyberpunk, check out Akudama Drive. It's an incredibly good anime, an incredibly punk anime, and at the end of the day it is also the ideal example of how a cyberpunk genre TTRPG could go.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry I'm pretty sure she can dodge shotgun fire

And yeah no they would punish you with voice acting. It's just a really really funny line.
    I'll remember not to test that when I get home this evening.

As long as I don't have sudden song coming out of my computer I'll see as many lines as I can.

Dragonfall's setting is so cool, yeah. The way the world is just different everywhere has a good texture to it; the world WOULD have regional differences even in the cyberpunk dystopia after all. I haven't checked out any fan made modules for it, but I can see that being a great idea.
    It's also great how the regional variation doesn't split into a neat better or worse. Berlin is still a place with complexity.

Also I'm going to reiterate; if y'all want some real good cyberpunk, check out Akudama Drive. It's an incredibly good anime, an incredibly punk anime, and at the end of the day it is also the ideal example of how a cyberpunk genre TTRPG could go.
    I'll see if I can find it. I've also got Texhnolyze(?) on my list, but finding a legal place to watch it is hard.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-01-01 at 11:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Hey, samesies!
    I had a terrible teacher in early highschool (collège) so I spent years convinced I was bad at it/ had no interest in the language. I got better in last couple years when it was still part of my studies but I'm afraid most of that rusted away by now.

You have Austrian realtives, right?
    Forum Wisdom

13. - Top - End - #373

My attempts to learn a foreign language were stymied by a combination of being screwed around by scheduling in high school, a two-foot blood clot that made me miss a good chunk of school toward the end of the year, and not having the time to study or opportunity to practice properly in college.

They said we'd be fluent after four semesters of college Spanish.

I took four consecutive semesters of college Spanish.

I am not fluent in Spanish.

Which is a shame, because that's something I'd wanted to learn since I was little and it's honestly too late for me to become fully fluent. Once you get past about twelve it becomes a lot harder to learn an additional language and if you aren't using it regularly you won't retain fluency.

A few years ago we had had my aunt and her boyfriend over and he brought his mother who was visiting from Mexico and my mother wanted me to help translate becuase the visiting mother wasn't fully fluent in English and all I could remember was that the machine-translated "I am X" greeting she was planning on using after I told her I couldn't translate used "estar" when it should have used "ser"
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

It's twenty twenty one.

I was supposed to replace these glasses with cybereyes eight years ago. Nevermind hoverboard, where's my ultravision?

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

I had a bit of an open pit-wound at the corner of my nose from a hardened acnus that I managed to pick out a few weeks ago, and I recently applied Bactine to it.

Then I realized that, because it was on the very edge, some of it got into my nose, meaning that whenever I sniff (at least for the next few hours) I am technically snorting a cocaine-derivative.

Lidocaine, specifically.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

16. - Top - End - #376

I had a terrible teacher in early highschool (collège) so I spent years convinced I was bad at it/ had no interest in the language. I got better in last couple years when it was still part of my studies but I'm afraid most of that rusted away by now.

You have Austrian realtives, right?
    Yes, my dad was an only child so all my extended family is Austrian (and there are a lot of them). Which actually kind of stinks, since I want to learn the Tyrolian dialect but that's pretty much guaranteed to never happen unless I move to Tyrol. Google translate gets maybe 60% of what they say on Facebook.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Beulah Vampire because they're very strong and uses strength. I'm the muscle vampire.

It's clarifying, not clarifyinh. I fix it for you.
    It was a typo because I tend to post a lot from my phone.

By the same rate, it's Brujah, not Beulah.

18. - Top - End - #378

Also use, not uses, and fixed, not fix. If we're getting into that.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Bugbear in the Playground

Do
    I've seen some of it now and, yeah, I'm loving what I've seen so far. It looks like it'll be ridiculously over the top, but in a fun, good way.

Also, the main character saves a cat in the first episode. Best. Character. Ever.

You could always pretend to be some snooty Toreador or Ventrue who mispronounces a low clan's name on purpose. "Bring me the Buelah". "It's Brujah, sir." "Whatever, the Bjuraghgh, bring them to me.".

20. - Top - End - #380

So I just watched Teamfourstar's DBcember 2020 countdown compilation video(Top 12 DB Transformations) and the comments they made about certain forms made me want to do a story or roleplay about a primal powered monkey woman going full amazon/warrior princess on a jungle planet and slowly evolving into a perfect fusion of human and primate as she masters the power within her and adapts to changing circumstances.

My brain is weird.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

German at some point, since it's a thing I've attempted before but I have a Polish friend, so gonna start with that.

I wanted to try French, but when I can't even understanx what they're saying in the very first lesson, let alone how to replicate it with my mouth, that's a lost cause.

Also use, not uses, and fixed, not fix. If we're getting into that.
    Yeah. Brujah just struck me as the most egregious typo there, considering the typo he was fixing for me.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2021-01-01 at 04:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks to autocorrect I spent years thinking one of the Clans was called Venture.

Honestly, I'd take being a nWoD Changeling over a Masquerade vampire. On the one hand I would have severe PTSD at minimum, but at least I wouldn't have to deal with Camarilla politics for all eternity. (Honestly, if you can't be a Mage the next best thing is probably a Fae Touched from Lost 2e. You lose out on a lot of potential power, but don't need to deal with having been dragged off to a world that makes no sense.)

Show

23. - Top - End - #383

Thanks to autocorrect I spent years thinking one of the Clans was called Venture.

Honestly, I'd take being a nWoD Changeling over a Masquerade vampire. On the one hand I would have severe PTSD at minimum, but at least I wouldn't have to deal with Camarilla politics for all eternity. (Honestly, if you can't be a Mage the next best thing is probably a Fae Touched from Lost 2e. You lose out on a lot of potential power, but don't need to deal with having been dragged off to a world that makes no sense.)
    I haven't been keeping up with WoD ever since the colossal disappointment that was the second draft of Beast: The Primordial, but Changeling th eLost was one of m favorite titles for the first edition and I honestly wish that more had been done with it.

Tell me, is it still possible to do something akin to the Scarecrow Ministers entitlement(Atum court changelings with power over fear who run around in dangerous areas using Scooby Do Hoaxes and or their supernatural powers to either scare people away from said dangerous area or get people focuses on their own hoax and not the actual danger) or is that not really a thing anymore.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with WoD ever since the colossal disappointment that was the second draft of Beast: The Primordial, but Changeling th eLost was one of m favorite titles for the first edition and I honestly wish that more had been done with it.

Tell me, is it still possible to do something akin to the Scarecrow Ministers entitlement(Atum court changelings with power over fear who run around in dangerous areas using Scooby Do Hoaxes and or their supernatural powers to either scare people away from said dangerous area or get people focuses on their own hoax and not the actual danger) or is that not really a thing anymore.
    It's possible, but as I don't have thesuppements I'm not sure if the idea has been officially converted to 2e.

Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

What kind of vampire?
    Yes... you probably don't want to be a hopping vampire. (JiangShi) They get stopped by low walls.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Gee, how did I missed that?

27. - Top - End - #387

Gee, how did I missed that?
    Miss, not missed.

Are you still using Grammarly? Programs like that still aren't perfect, and as I've said before, they're a crutch, not a fix.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Miss, not missed.

Are you still using Grammarly? Programs like that still aren't perfect, and as I've said before, they're a crutch, not a fix.
    Yes, I personally never use grammarly, and my writing is always 119% perfect.

Or it's pretty good when using a keyboard. Typing on my phone causes a significant increase in tyops.

Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Miss, not missed.

Yes. I've been using it for more than a year or two.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

German at some point, since it's a thing I've attempted before but I have a Polish friend, so gonna start with that.
    Good luck to you.

I wanted to try French, but when I can't even understanx what they're saying in the very first lesson, let alone how to replicate it with my mouth, that's a lost cause.
    Bouuuuh! Bouuuuh!
    Forum Wisdom