Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I recently had this come up where a woman spent quite a lot of energy making sure I was safe and wouldn't be physical with her, and then was put out by me not wanting to be physical early on.
    Ah, that sucks. It's frustrating when double standards come up - especially ones that're often societally driven, but even just in general. You should be willing to extend the same courtesy to others as you expect for yourself. Like, I 100% support her choice in not wanting to jump into anything, but... she should have been understanding that you may have wanted the same for yourself, not jumping into anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Oh, true. The only downside that I have with skirts is that they turn knickers from optional to required. Otherwise they're great, I just don't clothing shop enough in general to have got around to picking them up.

    But women's trousers should definitely be a bit looser if it means functional pockets. I swear the lack of them is half the reason why one of my partners wears men's trousers. The other half seems to be a ixture of cut and tightness.
    Just get skirts with built in shorts.
    (I know that's the only reason that I wear my miniskirt. Because it comes with a nice discreet shorts component built in. I don't want to fall a victim of embarrassment on an abruptly windy day.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Kilts at least have been popular here at some points, but here being Portland it doesn't necessarily apply anywhere else.
    Psh, Portland being different? Perish the thought.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Ah, that sucks. It's frustrating when double standards come up - especially ones that're often societally driven, but even just in general. You should be willing to extend the same courtesy to others as you expect for yourself. Like, I 100% support her choice in not wanting to jump into anything, but... she should have been understanding that you may have wanted the same for yourself, not jumping into anything.

    Psh, Portland being different? Perish the thought.
    I get it, she's worried about assault and I'm not so it feels like disinterest. There's also bound to be a decent number of guys who said they want to take it slow trying to get an opening, but it is very frustrating to be open about it and having the other person totally misunderstand.

    Oh lordy, Portland. One time I applied for a job at the NAACP and went in a suit. I was interviewed by a man in sandals and a hoody and another interviewee told me I looked like a used car salesman. It's a very odd place.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    On clothes: This is one of the reasons I want a Marvel Comics style symbiote.

    As long as you don't run into intense fire or sounds loud enough to be harmful to humans, you don't have to worry about clothes anymore.

    Just will the symbiote into the shape of whatever outfit you want without the time or hassle of having to get ready the hard way and without any needless discomfort.

    (Also, they remove the need for pockets. Just store all the stuff you need in the symbiote.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Just get skirts with built in shorts.
    (I know that's the only reason that I wear my miniskirt. Because it comes with a nice discreet shorts component built in. I don't want to fall a victim of embarrassment on an abruptly windy day.)
    I mean, it's certainly a solution, and on windy days probably the most socially acceptable. Also probably what I'll end up doing next time I'm clothes shopping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I get it, she's worried about assault and I'm not so it feels like disinterest. There's also bound to be a decent number of guys who said they want to take it slow trying to get an opening, but it is very frustrating to be open about it and having the other person totally misunderstand.
    I feel like people need to be more open about this stuff, and stop thinking that women actively asking for intimacy as a taboo.

    Like, I've only dated a handful of people, but whether we're going to do that yet is something that was talked about early on, just so there's no misunderstandings.


    ... anybody else ever had that fantasy where humans being intersex and nonbinary was common and accepted? Or is this just me being weird?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I get it, she's worried about assault and I'm not so it feels like disinterest. There's also bound to be a decent number of guys who said they want to take it slow trying to get an opening, but it is very frustrating to be open about it and having the other person totally misunderstand.
    Yeah, that's what I was meaning about societal expectations. It sucks in all directions. We shouldn't have to worry about people taking advantage of us, or forcing onto us. But people should realize that men (and others) can have the same things happen to them, too! And just the expectations of what each box of people wants is supremely generalized. It's super frustrating, even from someone who's never really managed to properly step foot into the dating world.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mystic Muse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    ... anybody else ever had that fantasy where humans being intersex and nonbinary was common and accepted? Or is this just me being weird?
    Not personally. If I had shapeshifting I'd be okay with it, but if I had to pick one thing, it would be full female.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Yeah, that's a mood. Doesn't help that I'm constantly worrying that I'm bothering them, or that what I know are my weaknesses are annoying them and they're just humouring me, and... yeah, it spirals. I'm really just an inoffensive side friend. So I get clingy. >.>;
    Oh yeah. That sounds familiar. What I've found out about myself is that I have a poor understanding of why I keep people at arm's length. It might be out of respect for boundaries that I know are present, but I can't see. It might be because I don't understand how to be close with people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Oh lordy, Portland. One time I applied for a job at the NAACP and went in a suit. I was interviewed by a man in sandals and a hoody and another interviewee told me I looked like a used car salesman. It's a very odd place.
    Not to dive too deep into Northwest stereotypes, but flannel shirts and jeans work well for most social encounters. At least in my experience. Though maybe not job interviews.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    ... anybody else ever had that fantasy where humans being intersex and nonbinary was common and accepted? Or is this just me being weird?
    No, I've had that fantasy too.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Oh, true. The only downside that I have with skirts is that they turn knickers from optional to required.
    Assuming I have my British terminology right.... Speak for yourself.
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    We're from Europe, not a mirror dimension.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was meaning about societal expectations. It sucks in all directions. We shouldn't have to worry about people taking advantage of us, or forcing onto us. But people should realize that men (and others) can have the same things happen to them, too! And just the expectations of what each box of people wants is supremely generalized. It's super frustrating, even from someone who's never really managed to properly step foot into the dating world.
    It's rough for sure. I think there is some movement in the right direction, but I'm fairly certain I will age into senile bachelorism before then :P

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Not to dive too deep into Northwest stereotypes, but flannel shirts and jeans work well for most social encounters. At least in my experience. Though maybe not job interviews.
    That was my outerwear for most of my life, full hiking boots and all. Flannels are fairly informal though, I prefer feeling a little more dressed up for a professional interview. Now I really do dress like a used cars salesman, so you know, progress.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2020-12-21 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Not personally. If I had shapeshifting I'd be okay with it, but if I had to pick one thing, it would be full female.
    Like, common is not universal.

    I'm not saying I wouldn't go for it if I had the option, but common is not universal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Assuming I have my British terminology right.... Speak for yourself.
    Unfortunately I have no horde of natives which I desire to scare off
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Oh yeah. That sounds familiar. What I've found out about myself is that I have a poor understanding of why I keep people at arm's length. It might be out of respect for boundaries that I know are present, but I can't see. It might be because I don't understand how to be close with people.
    I know I'm rarely able to tell exactly how someone feels about me. So I consistently worry about just... crossing a boundary of being too close. Of using a nickname that friends use... but what if I'm not there? Of just assuming that they actually want to talk to me about random stuff, assuming I ever think of any. Stuff like that.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tyckspoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Flannels are fairly informal though, I prefer feeling a little more dressed up for a professional interview. Now I really do dress like a used cars salesman, so you know, progress.

    Spoiler
    Show

    You do have a really nice lumberjack groove going there... what even is lumberjack formal?

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    You do have a really nice lumberjack groove going there... what even is lumberjack formal?
    Timberjeeves? Woodobson?

    Barksdale seems to fit too well.

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I know I'm rarely able to tell exactly how someone feels about me. So I consistently worry about just... crossing a boundary of being too close. Of using a nickname that friends use... but what if I'm not there? Of just assuming that they actually want to talk to me about random stuff, assuming I ever think of any. Stuff like that.
    Earlier I didn't post a sentence about how if someone doesn't complain to me about their personal problems after a while I just assume we are acquaintances. We all have dumb, borderline unacceptable opinions and petty problems; if someone never expresses those then I just think they are being polite. On the other hand, if they start on those on the first and second meeting I feel like they are forcing intimacy.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2020-12-21 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Earlier I didn't post a sentence about how if someone doesn't complain to me about their personal problems after a while I just assume we are acquaintances. We all have dumb, borderline unacceptable opinions and petty problems; if someone never expresses those then I just think they are being polite. On the other hand, if they start on those on the first and second meeting I feel like they are forcing intimacy.
    Yeah. I get it.

    ...I must admit to have never really had a 'best friend', at least not one that was mutual. I was always the inoffensive "there" acquaintance. So, it was always envious, hearing stories from other girls of just... staying up for hours, listening to someone's problems. Or being the first one to know of anything important happening in someone's life. Just being the person willing to bother you at all hours.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South of Heaven

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Earlier I didn't post a sentence about how if someone doesn't complain to me about their personal problems after a while I just assume we are acquaintances. We all have dumb, borderline unacceptable opinions and petty problems; if someone never expresses those then I just think they are being polite.
    Boy, I sure hope none of my friends have this criteria. I don't share my personal problems with friends, doesn't mean I value them any less or care less about them-- that's just not how I am. I'm sure that goes for plenty of other people too.

    Re: dressing fancy for work-- one of my favorite work moments from the past couple of years was rolling up to the office I'd recently joined at the time wearing cowboy boots. They're what I wear almost all the time outside of work anyway, but it was the first time I'd shown up to that office wearing them instead of the usual boring dress shoes, so I figured there was a solid risk of being told they weren't appropriate for the office. Instead, when my boss saw them, she immediately started talking with me about the finer points of cowboy boot care and preferred brands. I haven't worn dress shoes since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Yeah. I get it.

    ...I must admit to have never really had a 'best friend', at least not one that was mutual. I was always the inoffensive "there" acquaintance. So, it was always envious, hearing stories from other girls of just... staying up for hours, listening to someone's problems. Or being the first one to know of anything important happening in someone's life. Just being the person willing to bother you at all hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Boy, I sure hope none of my friends have this criteria. I don't share my personal problems with friends, doesn't mean I value them any less or care less about them-- that's just not how I am. I'm sure that goes for plenty of other people too.

    Re: dressing fancy for work-- one of my favorite work moments from the past couple of years was rolling up to the office I'd recently joined at the time wearing cowboy boots. They're what I wear almost all the time outside of work anyway, but it was the first time I'd shown up to that office wearing them instead of the usual boring dress shoes, so I figured there was a solid risk of being told they weren't appropriate for the office. Instead, when my boss saw them, she immediately started talking with me about the finer points of cowboy boot care and preferred brands. I haven't worn dress shoes since.
    My Foot in Mouth Disease is acting up again, sorry. I wasn't trying to imply I had the right of it, just giving my particular experience.

    Nice! I wish hiking boots were dress shoes, they are so much more comfortable! I already take tennis shoes to drive to and from work with, because thick soled shoes make driving a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    My Foot in Mouth Disease is acting up again, sorry. I wasn't trying to imply I had the right of it, just giving my particular experience.
    Nah, all good. I figured you were just speaking your own opinion. And not a One Universal Experience. Just how your own brain works.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BisectedBrioche's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Some rainly old island
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Assuming I have my British terminology right.... Speak for yourself.
    Careful now, mods are meant to be the ones hitting people with giant hammers, not the other way around.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Mon/Wed) and Ace Attorney (Fri)

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    So, when it comes to meatloaf there are two main camps: Serve it with gravy, or apply a ketchup-based glaze to it.

    I mostly prefer to serve it with gravy, but for the last couple of days, I've been wondering if my homemade barbecue sauce could be adapted into a glaze and if that would work.

    My family has experimented with cooking meatballs in (storebought)barbecue sauce and that goes well, so in theory it would turn out, but sometimes things you think would go well together don't.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator
     
    Rawhide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So, when it comes to meatloaf there are two main camps
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

    "My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    If the purpose of your punnery was to invoke my hatred, you have succeeded.

    More than you could ever possibly realize.

    There are approximately ten-billion miles of genetic code in microscopic bundles in the cells that make up my body.

    If the word "HATE" was engraved on every nanoangstrom of those thousands of millions of miles, it would not equal one one-billionth of the hatred I feel for you at this micro instant.

    (/s, if it has to be said.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator
     
    Rawhide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Sounds like you're all revved up with no place to go.

    "My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Why would you pour gravy on meatloaf?
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    We're from Europe, not a mirror dimension.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator
     
    Rawhide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Why would you pour gravy on meatloaf?
    Darn it, I was hoping to get a third song title in before we got interrupted. Oh well, I guess two out of three ain't bad.

    "My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Darn it, I was hoping to get a third song title in before we got interrupted. Oh well, I guess two out of three ain't bad.
    Okay, I'm gonna be honest, the joke is actually annoying me a bit.

    Please desist before I am forced to chase you down with a speed that is like a bat out of hell.

    In Marvel Comics, there is a race of aliens called the Ovoids who, after having somehow been rendered unable to reproduce, developed 1: The technology to create cloned bodies that were stable and functional, but did not possess consciousness or anything that would be recognizable as a "soul,"and 2: A psionic technique that allows one to transfer their soul and consciousness into another body.

    The combination of this technology and this technique allowed them to avoid extinction through functional immortality: When they get too old, come down with a terminal illness, or so on they just hop into a new body.

    The cloned bodies being inherent without minds or souls is important--not only for ethical reasons but because a native mind or soul is capable of fighting back and successful transfer puts the victim in your original body.

    While the technique--the Ovoid Mind Switch--is psionic in nature, one does not need to be natively psychic to learn how it's done: Both Doctor Doom and She-Hulk have been taught how to do it(though She-Hulk's powers interfere with the process)

    I've spent time on and off for the last few months wondering how to make the optimal "host body," as the host body does not have to match your original(Doom uses it all the time to borrow other people's bodies as part of one scheme or another, though it occasionally backfires.)

    The best I can think of is to try and combine the Ovoid's cloning technology with the technology and procedures that created Xraven, but that's assuming that you can get a piece of a symbiote and six samples that would play well together.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So, when it comes to meatloaf there are two main camps: Serve it with gravy, or apply a ketchup-based glaze to it.

    I mostly prefer to serve it with gravy, but for the last couple of days, I've been wondering if my homemade barbecue sauce could be adapted into a glaze and if that would work.

    My family has experimented with cooking meatballs in (storebought)barbecue sauce and that goes well, so in theory it would turn out, but sometimes things you think would go well together don't.
    Literally nothing about this sounds like it could go bad, so good luck!


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I know I'm rarely able to tell exactly how someone feels about me. So I consistently worry about just... crossing a boundary of being too close. Of using a nickname that friends use... but what if I'm not there? Of just assuming that they actually want to talk to me about random stuff, assuming I ever think of any. Stuff like that.
    Yeah. I feel like that a lot too.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator
     
    Rawhide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    bat out of hell
    I'm going slightly mad.

    "My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I am the very model of a modern major general.

    *if this is to continue, however, t'wood be best to start a forum game thread methinks*

    I got the Dresden Files novel Peace Talks back in July but I only just got around to reading it.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator
     
    Rawhide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

    Live action Neon Genesis Evangelion

    WARNING: MASSIVE spoilers if you haven't watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion TV series.

    "My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •