New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Franklin Richards is a normal human meat child and is exactly the age he is supposed to be.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajustusdaniel View Post
    Franklin Richards is a normal human meat child and is exactly the age he is supposed to be.
    Franklin Richards is a Homo s superior* and a second-generation cosmic ray mutate enhanced prenatally by the power of the Cosmic Control Rod.

He has been demonstrated to be more powerful than Galactus and Mephisto(within the heart of Mephisto's Hell, where he is many times stronger than in the mortal world, mind you) on separate occasions and in a weakened state was still explicitly more powerful than The Silver Surfer, Thor, and the Hulk combined, and he spent the time between Secret Wars and his family's return to Earth 616, stated to be five years from his perspective, alternating between restoring to existence universes that were destroyed in the Incursions or creating brand new universes from scratch for fun.

As a teenager, Franklin openly identifies as a God, and going by comments from both Thor and The Griever at The End of All Things, he is correct to do so.

Franklin is, supposedly, immortal and it is his destiny to be the last living being in the universe who will fuse with the will of the Cosmos and become the Galactus analog of the Next incarnation of the Multiverse. He is referred to as the "Chosen Prince" by the One-Below-All in a possible future for this reason.

*Dan Slott can screw himself, his Retcon breaks too much and pissed off too many people for it to stick and if he doesn't fix it himself it'll be one of the first things changed since he's only set to do 50 issues of Fantastic Four.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You wanted to go with "DC if time had passed" and didn't incorporate Batman Beyond?

Spoiler
    Show
    Batman Beyond What? Also too far future with a too young Bruce for the concept.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I genuinely can't tell wether you're making that up.
    As someone who roleplays with him and has many many debates on various canonical stuff.....he never is. Rater is a person who finds it easier to stick and adhere to canon rather than make something up. sure to someone on the outside looking in like you or me Now and Then and their weirdness is completely ridiculous when the usual less study intensive option into something esoteric and not really important to most peoples lives of assuming its just being the status quo is god trope being left unexplained is what we go with and not think about it too much. Rater on the other hand just accepts it as evidence and adheres to and builds on the logic presented no matter how weird it is. it makes me wonder what'd he do with something incredibly strange like Nobilis or something that runs on memes like Dungeons the Dragoning.

Edit: Batman Beyond is an animated batman series set in a cyberpunk-like future. its real good, and even has a movie.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-24 at 06:09 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Franklin Richards is a Homo s superior* and a second-generation cosmic ray mutate enhanced prenatally by the power of the Cosmic Control Rod.

He has been demonstrated to be more powerful than Galactus and Mephisto(within the heart of Mephisto's Hell, where he is many times stronger than in the mortal world, mind you) on separate occasions and in a weakened state was still explicitly more powerful than The Silver Surfer, Thor, and the Hulk combined, and he spent the time between Secret Wars and his family's return to Earth 616, stated to be five years from his perspective, alternating between restoring to existence universes that were destroyed in the Incursions or creating brand new universes from scratch for fun.

As a teenager, Franklin openly identifies as a God, and going by comments from both Thor and The Griever at The End of All Things, he is correct to do so.

Franklin is, supposedly, immortal and it is his destiny to be the last living being in the universe who will fuse with the will of the Cosmos and become the Galactus analog of the Next incarnation of the Multiverse. He is referred to as the "Chosen Prince" by the One-Below-All in a possible future for this reason.

*Dan Slott can screw himself, his Retcon breaks too much and pissed off too many people for it to stick and if he doesn't fix it himself it'll be one of the first things changed since he's only set to do 50 issues of Fantastic Four.
    That's correct. Franklin Richards is a god level reality warper...

Who has decided that he's a normal human meat-child, and is exactly the age he is supposed to be.

(Well, for a long time. Now he's a normal angsty human meat-teen).

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Yeah, that's a mistake.

You don't ignore the thing that permanently solidified Mark Hamil as the platonic ideal Joker.
    Batman TAS?
    As someone who roleplays with him and has many many debates on various canonical stuff.....he never is. Rater is a person who finds it easier to stick and adhere to canon rather than make something up.
    Whereas I make stuff like that up left right and center IRL. It's fun to see how far I can take it until the person listening catches on. Plus, one of my besties is the same way, and we play off each other super well when either of us starts doing that.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

You wanted to go with "DC if time had passed" and didn't incorporate Batman Beyond?

Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, Batman Beyond is very much a "bad end" type setting for many of the Batman characters, so I think there's an argument for not including it depending on the intended tone.

8. - Top - End - #128

Dungeons the Dragoning..
    I have a pair of Dryad characters I'd like to try.

One is a Dragon-Blooded Gunsliger who is looking for the no-good dirty yella-bellied varmit what cut down and made a desk out of her Ma.

The other is a Deamonhost Paladin on Slaanesh who just wants everyone to get along and would play around with the fact that Slashe's morality chart is the only one that doesn't require you to be a **** to people to maintain a high Alignment score, though admittedly that one would require a mature group since there would naturally be flirting. Probably not safe for the playground, either.

I'm also interested in a Vampire or Atlantean who is physically a human child but who acts well beyond their apparent age because they are, literally or effectively, in fact much older and serves as both the party's main financial backer and combat mage and a Gurren Laggan inspired Ork Promethean.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Rater.....you do know the unaligned alignment chart exists on page 154 of book 2, right? you don't need to be Slaaneshi or any god aligned if you don't want to be.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-24 at 06:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Batman TAS?
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

I've seen arguments for episodes like Joker's Favor and the like as being good performances, and they most certainly are, and honestly, as someone who was a kid and teen in the 90s and 00s, Mark Hamil being my default Joker was a given, but...

But the flashback to the final confrontation between Bruce and the Joker. What the Joker did to Tim. The Joker's speech when he reveals to Bruce that he knows...

Bruce saw what the Joker did to Tim, and... A running theme in Batman TAS is that the Joker wants to go out in a fight to the Death with Batman, but he can't break Batman's morals, Batman won't kill...

This, seeing what happened to Tim? The Joker finally broke Batman. Bruce threw a knife at the Joker's head. He was going to kill him.

Only for little Tim Drake to snap out of it and beat him to the punch.

The Joker died here, and not in the way he would have preferred, but... he won.

And then he comes back. And almost breaks Bruce all over again.

That. That is the Joker. I will die on this hill.

...and then you remember the episode of Batman Beyond, the series proper rather than the movie, where Terry goes under the ruins of Arkham and there's a prominent shot of a human skeleton and you realize that that wasn't a set-piece, it was forshadowing.

This, this doesn't happen without Batman Beyond being a thing. I mean, nothing about it narratively needs Terry's future to come to pass, but if Batman beyond as a series didn't happen than this movie, this confrontation with the Joker, wouldn't exist.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #131

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
    Yes, I am familiar. Hamill nailed the Joker well before BB in TAS, though. Everything you're talking about is how the character is written, which has no bearing on the voice actor. The plot and script would have been that way regardless.

12. - Top - End - #132

I think what I'm gathering here is that if I wanted to do a TTRPG in my book's setting, I should extend my horrifying mindflayer ass graspers at Rater and Raziere

Batman Beyond is the best, and Mark Hamil's work in Batman Beyond is his best work.

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Batman Beyond is the best, and Mark Hamil's work in Batman Beyond is his best work.
    I dunno, I'm a bit partial to Star Wars myself...

As for Batman, RotJ is definitely up there, but the Arlham games beat it out for me concerning Hamill's performance.

14. - Top - End - #134

I dunno, I'm a bit partial to Star Wars myself...

As for Batman, RotJ is definitely up there, but the Arlham games beat it out for me concerning Hamill's performance.
    His performance is Arkham is brought down by the fact that Joker brand Venom Drug is actually something I just dislike conceptually. It makes sense I just don't like it; Joker shouldn't be a physical fight for anyone, he's a Charisma villain.

15. - Top - End - #135

His performance is Arkham is brought down by the fact that Joker brand Venom Drug is actually something I just dislike conceptually. It makes sense I just don't like it; Joker shouldn't be a physical fight for anyone, he's a Charisma villain.
    For Arkham Asylum, I can understand that. However, both sequels don't have that, and while the third is sadly the weakest, the Joker still shines conceptually just as bright as in the second, which is stellar.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

I think what I'm gathering here is that if I wanted to do a TTRPG in my book's setting, I should extend my horrifying mindflayer ass graspers at Rater and Raziere
    I mean....your probably not wrong, but what we do is freeform and most ttrpgs are about their ruleset, so the biggest hurdle with that would be figuring out what system to use for that. I can handle the worldbuilding just fine though. if I get into worldbuilding a setting I can just make tons of stuff.

speaking of worldbuilding I've been trying to look into Star wars worldbuilding more because one of the weirdest ironies about star wars is despite its immense popularity wh40k rpgs are somehow something I've played more of than star wars ones so I want to balance out the grimdark with something brighter and more idealistic. the weirder part of which I've always liked the Han Solo and Rebellion parts of Star Wars more than the Jedi parts, I mean don't get me wrong those are cool to, but if I was to have a power fantasy in star Wars it'd be as some lovable han-solo like scoundrel with some YT-series ship traveling the stars. because Jedi either are oppressed by an evil empire or are boring monks in a temple, but smugglers? always a fun time.

17. - Top - End - #137

I mean....your probably not wrong, but what we do is freeform and most ttrpgs are about their ruleset, so the biggest hurdle with that would be figuring out what system to use for that. I can handle the worldbuilding just fine though. if I get into worldbuilding a setting I can just make tons of stuff.

speaking of worldbuilding I've been trying to look into Star wars worldbuilding more because one of the weirdest ironies about star wars is despite its immense popularity wh40k rpgs are somehow something I've played more of than star wars ones so I want to balance out the grimdark with something brighter and more idealistic. the weirder part of which I've always liked the Han Solo and Rebellion parts of Star Wars more than the Jedi parts, I mean don't get me wrong those are cool to, but if I was to have a power fantasy in star Wars it'd be as some lovable han-solo like scoundrel with some YT-series ship traveling the stars. because Jedi either are oppressed by an evil empire or are boring monks in a temple, but smugglers? always a fun time.
    Honestly I was thinking Mutants and Masterminds, or if I wanted to make fixing a game system my life work I'd maybe think of using Big Eyes Small Mouth and then after a couple hours give up and go to MAM.

You mean you're more interested in... the more interesting aspect of the series? What a shocker

18. - Top - End - #138

I'm bad at game balance and am what would charitably be called a Power Gamer.

I'd probably be of little help in designing an rpg.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #139

I'm bad at game balance and am what would charitably be called a Power Gamer.

I'd probably be of little help in designing an rpg.
    Wasn't talking about designing, was talking about hypothetically playing within

20. - Top - End - #140

So, I just spent five minutes wondering if, should I find myself transferred to the Marvel Universe if I couldn't extract the symbiote codices* from Ororo "Storm" Munroe** and combine them with the DNA of Raven "Mystique" Darkholme, Bobby "Iceman" Drake, Meggan "Glorianna" Puceanu-Braddock, Gabriel "Vulcan" Summers, Amara "Magma" Aquilla, and Klara "Rose Red" Prast in order to create a body that I could then transfer my soul and consciousness into to become an immortal Shapeshifting Captain Planet.

You don't want me playing in your setting, becuase I will try to find a way to break it.

*Once you've been bonded to a symbiote, part of it is just in your body forever, permanently bund to you. It mostly concentrates in the spine, and this bit can be removed, but technically there are traces in the nucleus of every one of your cells. This "codex" is constantly recording your memories, emotions, experiences, DNA,and other biological and physiological information for use by potential future symbiotes... Or they can eat the codex for a power boost.
    **Storm was forcibly bound to a benevolent symbiote that had been altered to bond instantly, adapt rapidly, and be difficult to remove in Venomized and more recently was possessed by an offshoot of a symbiote dragon in King in Black.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

I volunteer as tribute, even if I probably Know Too Much(tm).

But, no, more seriously it's always fun to be able to explore aspects of worlds that... won't necessarily come up immediately for a story. It's always cool to be able to pick brains, or be like "huh, I guess that's how it is."
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

You don't want me playing in your setting, becuase I will try to find a way to break it.
    I actually feel like this could br a very useful service.

If I can figure out how to break the Warhammer setting beneath my stilletto heel, then it wasn't put together very well.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

So, I just spent five minutes wondering if, should I find myself transferred to the Marvel Universe if I couldn't extract the symbiote codices* from Ororo "Storm" Munroe** and combine them with the DNA of Raven "Mystique" Darkholme, Bobby "Iceman" Drake, Meggan "Glorianna" Puceanu-Braddock, Gabriel "Vulcan" Summers, Amara "Magma" Aquilla, and Klara "Rose Red" Prast in order to create a body that I could then transfer my soul and consciousness into to become an immortal Shapeshifting Captain Planet.

Technically being a powergamer is useful for making a new system as its untested and you need someone to push how far something can go so that the designer can figure out whether they want things pushed that far. but M&M is a known system, so its exploits are already known and thus can be modified to be avoided.

me, my M.O. is more finding viewpoints and things that the original author didn't think about much and fleshing them out and improving, often making a character that is basically kind of the antithesis of the original protagonist to view the setting through in a different light and through that comment on society and life through the new viewpoint. though this technique might only work on making contrasting characters to idiotic shonen heroes. I don't know if I can ever roleplay in the Avatar/Korra universe because they're already so well built I can't think of any character I'd want to explore or any thing I'd want to say that the Avatar universe hasn't already said incredibly well. I am someone who likes filling in blanks and creating things where they seem to be lacking and trying to figure out how the whole world fits together.

I don't know what term you'd call that, but I am that.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Merry Christmas everyone. My older brother gave me new boots for Christmas.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

25. - Top - End - #145

I had a minor panic attack a little bit ago when I realized it's been almost a decade since I was hospitalized with a massive blood clot.

Now, objectively speaking the fact that I haven't had any further issues on that front in that time is a good thing, but part of me still thinks of that as a "recent" event and freaked out at the realization of how long it's been.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone. My older brother gave me new boots for Christmas.
    So here it is Merry Christmas
    Everybody's having fun
    Look to the future now
    It's... probably going to be more of the same for the moment to be honest.

Haven't had a chance to open my presents yet due to work. I do know though that I'll have one of the Lego blind bags to open, so it's time to see if Brick Rogers gets a friend as cool as him.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

27. - Top - End - #147

*Once you've been bonded to a symbiote, part of it is just in your body forever, permanently bund to you. It mostly concentrates in the spine, and this bit can be removed, but technically there are traces in the nucleus of every one of your cells. This "codex" is constantly recording your memories, emotions, experiences, DNA,and other biological and physiological information for use by potential future symbiotes... Or they can eat the codex for a power boost.
    **Storm was forcibly bound to a benevolent symbiote that had been altered to bond instantly, adapt rapidly, and be difficult to remove in Venomized and more recently was possessed by an offshoot of a symbiote dragon in King in Black.
    Like Muse said, this is actually kind of useful. Also don't worry as a DM, any amount of "breakage" you do is completely within the realm of my control

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I volunteer as tribute, even if I probably Know Too Much(tm).

But, no, more seriously it's always fun to be able to explore aspects of worlds that... won't necessarily come up immediately for a story. It's always cool to be able to pick brains, or be like "huh, I guess that's how it is."
    I should note this isn't something I'm actually planning in any respect. I'm too bogged down as it is. But it's something I want To Do Someday, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I actually feel like this could br a very useful service.

If I can figure out how to break the Warhammer setting beneath my stilletto heel, then it wasn't put together very well.
    It says a lot about me that my immediate response to reading this was just "hot".

I had a minor panic attack a little bit ago when I realized it's been almost a decade since I was hospitalized with a massive blood clot.

Now, objectively speaking the fact that I haven't had any further issues on that front in that time is a good thing, but part of me still thinks of that as a "recent" event and freaked out at the realization of how long it's been.
    *sends hugs* That is completely understandable.

Also... Merry Christmas~!!!!

28. - Top - End - #148

For Christmas I got a power outage.

29. - Top - End - #149

Merry Christmas.

I don't know what I got yet, but considering my grandma seemingly went through 3/4 of a bottle of Kentucky bourbon last night, I suspect a hungover retiree is on the list
    Like Muse said, this is actually kind of useful. Also don't worry as a DM, any amount of "breakage" you do is completely within the realm of my control
    So what happens if two different Mancers have a baby? Are there say, metamancers who instead of manipulating an element manipulate the concept of mancy itself, making them "anti-mages" if you will?

What about Biomancers who twist their flesh--and that of others--into horrific constructs for the sake of inflicting violence?

What happens if a Sanquinomancer drinks all of someone's blood, fresh from the tap?

These are the kinds of questions you would find yourself asking if you wanted me to roleplay in your setting.

(Don't actually answer these here.)
    For Christmas I got a power outage.
    Would you like a hug?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-12-25 at 10:03 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #150

Would you like a hug?
    Ha! I really appreciate it, but nah, we're alright. No storm or anything, so the outage is more confusing than anything. Plus, the lack of heat and the sudden cold temperatures gave me an excuse to light a fire. Almost time to get a new cord, this might only last the rest of the winter if we actually use it every night (spoiler alert, it'll probably last another winter).
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-25 at 10:34 AM.