New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Merry Christmas.

I don't know what I got yet, but considering my grandma seemingly went through 3/4 of a bottle of Kentucky bourbon last night, I suspect a hungover retiree is on the list
    So what happens if two different Mancers have a baby? Are there say, metamancers who instead of manipulating an element manipulate the concept of mancy itself, making them "anti-mages" if you will?

What about Biomancers who twist their flesh--and that of others--into horrific constructs for the sake of inflicting violence?

What happens if a Sanquinomancer drinks all of someone's blood, fresh from the tap?

These are the kinds of questions you would find yourself asking if you wanted me to roleplay in your setting.

(Don't actually answer these here.)
    I won't answer these here because you asked, but know that I have answers for each. I just wanna point out that Sanquinomancer is a good ass typo.

I hope you have a good Christmas, bourbon grandma aside!

(if you're actually curious about the answer to those, feel free to PM me I guess?)
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-12-25 at 10:29 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    For Christmas I got a power outage.
    Did Father Christmas give you any coal?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Did Father Christmas give you any coal?
    No, gummy bears.

Fortunately we got a cord of hickory about five years ago or so. We have the best smelling fires.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

My partner and I are having great fun corrupting the lyrics to Meet Xmas Everybody to more accurately reflect the current year.

Unfortunately it's now at the point that I can't share it here.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I won't answer these here because you asked, but know that I have answers for each. I just wanna point out that Sanquinomancer is a good ass typo.

I hope you have a good Christmas, bourbon grandma aside!

(if you're actually curious about the answer to those, feel free to PM me I guess?)
    I'm just saying...

If I ended up in Middle Earth, I'd be the kind of person who waits for Smaug's death and then tries to figure out how to make clothes out of the hide and scales of... Well, any part that wasn't his vulnerable belly.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    My partner and I are having great fun corrupting the lyrics to Meet Xmas Everybody to more accurately reflect the current year.

Unfortunately it's now at the point that I can't share it here.
    Ha! Good! And yet, your task is not yet done I imagine. Corrupt away!

I'm just saying...

If I ended up in Middle Earth, I'd be the kind of person who waits for Smaug's death and then tries to figure out how to make clothes out of the hide and scales of... Well, any part that wasn't his vulnerable belly.
    I'd probably be a random peasant that gets killed off screen. -.-
    Last edited by Form; 2020-12-25 at 11:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    I'd probably be a random peasant that gets killed without anyone noticing. -.-
    I think the vast majority of us would be that. Random villagers, and if we had the misfortune to be in Lake Town, either killed by Smaug or refugees who just lost everything.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Ha! Good! And yet, your task is not yet done I imagine. Corrupt away!
    Couple more verses, then we can release it next year as a throwback.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

9. - Top - End - #159

I think the vast majority of us would be that. Random villagers, and if we had the misfortune to be in Lake Town, either killed by Smaug or refugees who just lost everything.
    True, that. Or, more likely, we'd be some random peasant that survives off screen. And you know what? That's fine by me. Let the heroes risk their lives for fleeting glory. I'm perfectly content with a relatively simple and comfortable life in the background, thank you very much. And to have my own turnip.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

I should note this isn't something I'm actually planning in any respect. I'm too bogged down as it is. But it's something I want To Do Someday, for sure.
    I figured, but, look... gotta jump at any chance to play games with people I like. Especially in a setting I find interesting.

It says a lot about me that my immediate response to reading this was just "hot".
    That you like the ability to frivolously destroy expensive stuff. ;P

For Christmas I got a power outage.
    Oof. That sucks, man. I had a few of those recently (especially when it snowed on the solstice), but, yeesh. Hope it returns swiftly.

Also, a return to those Merry Christmases, and a Happy Holidays to everyone.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-12-25 at 11:39 AM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

11. - Top - End - #161

I'm just saying...

Well I mean that would require being in that particular podunk town to scrounge for dragon bits at the right time. Which again, if I was DM I would account for; for one, out of character knowledge is a no-no.

12. - Top - End - #162

Well I mean that would require being in that particular podunk town to scrounge for dragon bits at the right time. Which again, if I was DM I would account for; for one, out of character knowledge is a no-no.
    I mean, they kind of just left his body there. Didn't even scrape the gold and gems of his belly.

And that wasn't a "meta knowledge in a game" thing, that was a "this is the way I think" thing.

I was reaching for a non-Marvel example so that I don't seem to be too one-note, but...

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just saying...

You do know he can't die of old age, right?
    Hey man, the kingdom of Dale looks pretty spry when all is said and done.
    I mean, they kind of just left his body there. Didn't even scrape the gold and gems of his belly
    Pretty wise if you ask me, these just spent 170 years on the belly of spirit of Evil in somewhat wormic form, the odds they are cursed is pretty great.
    Forum Wisdom

14. - Top - End - #164

I mean, they kind of just left his body there. Didn't even scrape the gold and gems of his belly.
    I haven't read the Silmarillion, but are you sure? Smaug's body being stripped may well have happened and just was not covered in the book.

15. - Top - End - #165

I haven't read the Silmarillion, but are you sure? Smaug's body being stripped may well have happened and just was not covered in the book.
    I checked the wiki before posting that to see if it said anything about what was done with his remains, which I know isn't 100% reliable, but apparently, his body was just left to rot and people were too scared to claim the fortune in gems and precious metals within his copse.

@Fryaltyr. I also know that he eventually catches a bad case of arrow in the one part of his body that isn't invulnerable.

That wasn't "I am playing a character in Middle Earth." That is "I find myself in Middle Earth, here's the kind of thing I'd try to do as an example of how my mind works when it comes to this kind of thing."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #166

I checked the wiki before posting that to see if it said anything about what was done with his remains, which I know isn't 100% reliable, but apparently, his body was just left to rot and people were too scared to claim the fortune in gems and precious metals within his copse.

@Fryaltyr. I also know that he eventually catches a bad case of arrow in the one part of his body that isn't invulnerable.

That wasn't "I am playing a character in Middle Earth." That is "I find myself in Middle Earth, here's the kind of thing I'd try to do as an example of how my mind works when it comes to this kind of thing."
    Huh. That's interesting. Wondering if they saw it as cursed or something. Thanks for checking for me!
    ETA:
    Hey man, the kingdom of Dale looks pretty spry when all is said and done.

Pretty wise if you ask me, these just spent 170 years on the belly of spirit of Evil in somewhat wormic form, the odds they are cursed is pretty great.

A.) And there it is. Not sure how curses work in Middle Earth, but I wouldn't chance it.
    2.) What about the kingdom of Tucker?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-25 at 12:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

And that wasn't a "meta knowledge in a game" thing, that was a "this is the way I think" thing.

I was reaching for a non-Marvel example so that I don't seem to be too one-note, but...
    Ah, sorry, my mistake. Still a little sleepy, I was up till 2 wrapping presents and writing a short gay holiday story about Rei and Chloe.

I mean, again; I'm able to account for that. Something I need to make clear is that I've had like, almost 20 sessions of DND and I've managed to plan for the actions of almost everyone.

18. - Top - End - #168

Its very rare for Alabama Power to leave us out this long. They're normally super good about getting the lights back on fast.That's about all they're super good at, of course.

19. - Top - End - #169

I mean, again; I'm able to account for that. Something I need to make clear is that I've had like, almost 20 sessions of DND and I've managed to plan for the actions of almost everyone.
    Impressive. I mean, not every PC is a chaotic gremlin of destruction, but predicting your player's behavior to that degree and accounting for the results is no small feat.

I am now imaging you have constructed detailed psychological profiles of each and every player.

Its very rare for Alabama Power to leave us out this long. They're normally super good about getting the lights back on fast.That's about all they're super good at, of course.
    Bugger. So you're still sitting in the dark, then? Ugh, and during christmas no less.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    So here it is Merry Christmas
    Everybody's having fun
    Look to the future now
    It's... probably going to be more of the same for the moment to be honest.

Haven't had a chance to open my presents yet due to work. I do know though that I'll have one of the Lego blind bags to open, so it's time to see if Brick Rogers gets a friend as cool as him.
    Yes. The only present that I give him is being a loving and supported little brother.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

They can't charge you for electricity you're not using.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

The Silmarillion barely skims the events of The Lord of the Rings (which ot gets wrong, hilariously enough) and doesn't mention the events of The Hobbit at all. It's a short book with a lot of ground to cover.
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hobbit
    For centuries [Smaug's] boned could be seen by calm weather in the ruins of the old town. But few are those who dared cross this accursed place, and none dared dive in that shivering water, or gatjer the gems that fell from his rotting carcass.
    Emphasis (and backward traduction) mine.

@Fryaltyr.
    Fyraltari.
    I also know that he eventually catches a bad case of arrow in the one part of his body that isn't invulnerable.
    Not my point.

Well, you should be mindful of dark magics, then, should the situation call for it.
    Huh. That's interesting. Wondering if they saw it as cursed or something. Thanks for checking for me!
    ETA:

A.) And there it is. Not sure how curses work in Middle Earth, but I wouldn't chance it.
    No one really knows how curses work on Arda. The jury is still out on wether Tùrin Turambar was really cursed or not, for example. However it seems like Smaug's hoard has a habit on bringing bad luck to people who are greedy about it.
    2.) What about the kingdom of Tucker?
    Is that a reference to something?
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-12-25 at 02:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

BlackDragon

No one really knows how curses work on Arda. The jury is still out on wether Tùrin Turambar was really cursed or not, for example. However it seems like Smaug's hoard has a habit on bringing bad luck to people who are greedy about it.
    The Curse of Mandos sure as heck seemed to do a bang-up job of messing up the Noldor and particularly the sons of Feanor...

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Is that a reference to something?
    Tucker and Dale versus Evil I would assume.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The Curse of Mandos sure as heck seemed to do a bang-up job of messing up the Noldor and particularly the sons of Feanor...
    Right, let me amend that to "Nobody on Arda really knows how curses work. However, if the Lord of Death and Fate personally shows up to tell you you done goof'd up and if you take one step further your ass is gonna be super-cursed, then yes, you should assume a curse is at play."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Tucker and Dale versus Evil I would assume.
    I didn't know that existed. Is it any good?
    Also didn't know Dale was an English given name.
    Forum Wisdom

26. - Top - End - #176

Just once I'd like to go a Christmas without being given something that I'd feel guilty for using, feel guilty for not using, or both.

Especially when I explicitly tell people not to get me things I didn't ask for in the hopes of avoiding this exact situation.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-12-25 at 02:31 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    They can't charge you for electricity you're not using.
    You clearly have never interacted with Alabama Power.
    I didn't know that existed. Is it any good?
    It is so good that I would recommend watching it ASAP and if it isn't on a free streaming service to go ahead and rent or buy.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-25 at 03:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

I've seperated my list into three sections. Here is what I got!

Spoiler: Christmas Gift Stuff
    Show
    A Figma, from Rebecca (she told me which and I'll be honest I legit forgot it hasn't arrived yet lol)
    and for Rebecca, a Satsuki Figma

Umineko: Golden Fantasia, from Deme
    and for Deme, Jenny LeClue

A cute commission of my DND character,
    Hand of Fate 2, from Trobby
    and for Trobby, Iconoclasts

Something from Durkoala
    And for Durkoala, Guild of Dungeoneering

A cute drawing, from Fury
    And for Fury, Control (Ultimate Edition)

Return of the Obra Din,
    An Ike Plushie, from Blue
    And for Blue, Jenny LeClue

For Robin, Jenny Leclue

For DataNinja, Iconoclasts
    And in return, Earth DEfense Force 4.2: The Shadow of New Despair
    Also Ambition of the Slimes
    And Super Crush KO

For Em, Planet Zoo
    And in return, the ****in' RWBY Grimm Eclipse school coutfit costume pack I can't believe I finally got pranked by the joke gifts I put on my dang list.
    Also Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus.

For HT, Disco Elysum
    And in return, Sniper Elite 4

For Saria, Disco Eylsum

For Pinkhair August, Jenny Leclue

For Hawk, Jenny LeClue
    And in return, Lethal League

For Knight, Disco Elysum

For Randman Rom, Jenny LeClue

For Jeff, Jenny LeClue

For Wombat of Doom, Disco Elysum
    And in return, Gris

For Amidus, Fuser

For Finn, The Pillars Of The Earth
    And in return, some sort of jewelry that will arrive later

For Teddy, Night in the Woods
    And in return, Jenny LeClue

For Qwerty, Iconoclasts

------
    ------
    ------

50 Dollars,
    Mystery Chocolate I cannot identify because the 50 dollars are tapped to it,
    A hot chocolate bomb, from my Aunt
    And for my Aunt, a picture of her dog professionally drawn (not yet arrived)

A shelving unit (just loose pieces because the company shipping this is incompetant)
    A toaster w/ bread and bagels (will expire tomorrow)
    Cream Cheese.
    A fit bit...?
    Some towels
    13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
    Yakuza: Like A Dragon Quest (oops bought this already because I forgot it was on my list!)
    Cooler glasses, all from Dad

Marshmellows,
    Hot Chocolate Mix
    And a coffee mug with a silly saying on it, from Sister

------
    ------
    ------

STOCKING STUFFERS
    Bag of chocolate orange slices
    Four pack of toothbrushes (teethbrush?)
    Box of After 8 Mintes
    Big ole Toothpaste
    Three pack of Ferrero chocolate orbs
    25 dollar gift card for Subway

29. - Top - End - #179

BlackDragon

Never heard of the Disney cartoon Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers? (My nephew is called Dale, and my brother always used to annoy his mother by referring to him as Chipmunk after the cartoon...).

30. - Top - End - #180

Return of the Obra Din
    I saw a friend play that a few days ago. Looked super interesting, to the point I'd like to play it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Never heard of the Disney cartoon Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers? (My nephew is called Dale, and my brother always used to annoy his mother by referring to him as Chipmunk after the cartoon...).
    There's also Alabama's go-to quick and dirty marinade.