New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Christmas is nearly over, and part of me still wants to spend £40 on the Stadia version of Cyberpunk. Even though I know all the problems with it, it's a) Cyberpunk, and b) will let me create a character with all the lumps I choose.

Darn £10 off any game you want promotions.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

furious Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    it's a) Cyberpunk
    I haven't played it yet, but from reviews and direct friend testimonies, I'm assured that it is anything but cyberpunk.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Enderlord's Random Banter #230 (Friendly warning: Might teleport. Don't get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but from reviews and direct friend testimonies, I'm assured that it is anything but cyberpunk.
    Wait, let me guess. A big corporation acquired a licence that's anti -corporate and left that bit out?

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Powers back on. But it came on twice and shut right back off within minutes twice before, so I'm not turning my generator off yet.

ETA: Amd there if is.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-25 at 03:53 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

Wait, let me guess. A big corporation acquired a licence that's anti -corporate and left that bit out?
    This but times a thousand, on top of the gameplay just being ****, and the game being broken on release.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This but times a thousand, on top of the gameplay just being ****, and the game being broken on release.
    I never thought I'd utter the sentence 'maybe I'll buy Assassin's Creed: Odyssey instead'. I mean it is significantly cheaper, but I never thought I'd say that...

Wait, Ubisoft is that company which had the allegations earlier this year. Are there any games which are safe to buy?

Show

7. - Top - End - #187

I never thought I'd utter the sentence 'maybe I'll buy Assassin's Creed: Odyssey instead'. I mean it is significantly cheaper, but I never thought I'd say that...

Wait, Ubisoft is that company which had the allegations earlier this year. Are there any games which are safe to buy?
    Indie games, specifically Supergiant ones. Buy Hades, it's excellent.

Alternatively just accept that you live in a capitalist system and you cannot really be held accountable for their power being what it is. You buying a copy of the good assassin viking game will do nothing to help Ubisoft or hurt the people Ubisoft has hurt.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Indie games, specifically Supergiant ones. Buy Hades, it's excellent.

Alternatively just accept that you live in a capitalist system and you cannot really be held accountable for their power being what it is. You buying a copy of the good assassin viking game will do nothing to help Ubisoft or hurt the people Ubisoft has hurt.
    I really shouldn't be getting anything expensive until I've finished Bloodstained.

And wouldn't be getting the Viking one because it's more expensive, I'd be getting the Greek one so I'd be giving them less money. Living in a capitalist system does not mean paying full price for stuff, and arguably doing so would mean I'm being a bad capitalist. I'll clearly get the one with both a female protagonist and the attribute of 'is on sale'.

Like, I will pick up Cyberpunk eventually. But from what you're saying it's sounding more like a 'play the RPG, waiting until the computer game is under £20' deal.

EDIT: sadly most of the presents from my snuggle buddies haven't arrived. Still waiting on the book, the DSi we're going to mod together, and the last bit of Doctor Who collectables. This makes me v sad (for the record, they respectively got two books, a couple of Steam games because she has no space for anything physical, and the first three New Eighth Doctor Adventures audio dramas).
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-12-25 at 04:55 PM.

Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It is so good that I would recommend watching it ASAP and if it isn't on a free streaming service to go ahead and rent or buy.
    I'll see. I've still got a lot on my playe right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Never heard of the Disney cartoon Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers? (My nephew is called Dale, and my brother always used to annoy his mother by referring to him as Chipmunk after the cartoon...).
    I think some American youtuber mentionned it in a video I saw once. There's like, squirrels in it, yes?

You can get The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: the Amulet of Chaos for less than thirty dollars on Steam. If you like Tactical RPG, go for it, it's very well done and very funny. I know one Native-English speaker who had a blast streaming it, so this isn't just my bias showing.

Besides, I'm still eagerly waiting for Deathloop in May.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

10. - Top - End - #190

I really shouldn't be getting anything expensive until I've finished Bloodstained.

And wouldn't be getting the Viking one because it's more expensive, I'd be getting the Greek one so I'd be giving them less money. Living in a capitalist system does not mean paying full price for stuff, and arguably doing so would mean I'm being a bad capitalist. I'll clearly get the one with both a female protagonist and the attribute of 'is on sale'.

Like, I will pick up Cyberpunk eventually. But from what you're saying it's sounding more like a 'play the RPG, waiting until the computer game is under £20' deal.

EDIT: sadly most of the presents from my snuggle buddies haven't arrived. Still waiting on the book, the DSi we're going to mod together, and the last bit of Doctor Who collectables. This makes me v sad (for the record, they respectively got two books, a couple of Steam games because she has no space for anything physical, and the first three New Eighth Doctor Adventures audio dramas).
    In my defense I forgot which one was the viking one, my bad.

I'd legitimately just say not to pick up Cyberpunk because aside from the fact that the game is broken, the gameplay is bland, and the game is so anti Cyberpunk that it beggers belief, it's also made by a company that said "we will not do crunch ever" and then crunched their employees to death and back. And while yes this may seem in contrast to what I said about Ubisoft, I feel like "lying about abusing our employees" is worse than "not admitting the crimes they did do". It's a minor difference in kind.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

I'd legitimately just say not to pick up Cyberpunk because aside from the fact that the game is broken, the gameplay is bland, and the game is so anti Cyberpunk that it beggers belief, it's also made by a company that said "we will not do crunch ever" and then crunched their employees to death and back. And while yes this may seem in contrast to what I said about Ubisoft, I feel like "lying about abusing our employees" is worse than "not admitting the crimes they did do". It's a minor difference in kind.
    I feel like it should be a crime. Actually, I'm fairly certain it is over here (okay, strictly speaking crunch itself isn't, but I believe it is at that level).

Honestly, both companies lied about abusing their employees, and I'm legitimately not sure which abuse is worse. One is institutional abuse that was directly lied about, the other seems to have been jerks covering for jerks via lies omission (and I'm really not sure how much of it we're allowed to talk about here).

And it's a shame because I like cyberpunk, and I like post-cyberpunk, and doing some research it sounds like the game managed to miss both genres which is... confusing. Maybe it's a reflection of the world we're in. It's sounding like they took the cyber and left out all the punk. The punk's the good stuff! And it's more than the pink mohawks, which I'm not even certain are in the game.

Show

12. - Top - End - #192

UNLIMITED POWER!

OK, so all pretty limited, but I have power back. Gonna leo the fire gong, because my whole house smells like hickory and I want to keep that going. Plus, fire at night is just cozy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I'll see. I've still got a lot on my playe right now.
    Understandable. Definitely put it on your list, though.

Spoiler: Spoiler-free synopsis
    Show
    Some college kids are going camping out in the woods for spring break and encounter some super creepy hillbillies. One of their friends gets taken by the hillbillies and they must attempt to rescue her from their super creepy murder house. Standard slasher flick.

Except the hillbillies, Tucker and Dale, are just these super sweet guys with poor social skills who just tossed down all the money they had on a vacation home in the woods. It's very run-down but they are excited to fix it up through good old honest labor and hard work. While going fishing the first night, they rescue one of the girls when she hits her head while diving. They want nothing more than for her to be alright and get her back to her friends safe and sound. Everything they do is misconstrued by the friends to be psycho-killer actions, when all they want is for the teens to be back together and for everyone to enjoy their vacations.

One of the best lines, which is not a spoiler as it's on one of the trailers but does include information I deliberately left out of the synopsis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tucker : All right... I know what this is.
    Dale : What?
    Tucker : This is a suicide pact.
    Dale : It's a what?
    Tucker : These kids are coming out here, and killing themselves all over the woods.
    Dale : My God, that makes so much sense.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Eh? Not cyberpunk? what about the genre is it not? megacorps controlling everything, social decay through the roof, new tech is invasive, everyone are jerks to one another, protagonists are basically criminals trying to get by among other criminals....seems to fit the genre from what I've seen of it, unless it randomly becomes idealistic and happy at the end, though to be fair I haven't watched much of the game myself.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #194

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is officially more cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Can somebody elaborate on why Cyberpunk2077 isn't Cyberpunk rather than just complaining that it's not Cyberpunk please?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2020-12-25 at 07:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Can somebody elaborate on why Cyberpunk2077 isn't Cyberpunk rather than just complaining that it's not Cyberpunk please?
    Your gender is determined by tone of voice, you are encouraged (and forced to) work with cops, you can't change how you look once you're done character creation, and it is generally all very... homogenized towards the white-male experienced. I don't imagine I can say more than that on the forum.

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons is officially more cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077.
    Because the snowboys tell you that their life is a sham due to your poor craftsmanship?

18. - Top - End - #198

Because the snowboys tell you that their life is a sham due to your poor craftsmanship?
    It's about a bunch of lgbta people eschewing civilization to live in a hand crafted island commune. That's punk as hell.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

So... Cyberpunk2077 is cyber- but not punk, and Animal Crossing is (accidentally) punk, but not cyber-.

Do I understand this correctly?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

20. - Top - End - #200

In Animal Crossing: New Horizons you can use any hairstyle on any body.

21. - Top - End - #201

BlackDragon

I saw a friend play that a few days ago. Looked super interesting, to the point I'd like to play it myself.
    Oh, you absolutely should. Obra Dinn doesn't have a lot of replay value and isn't the longest game in the world, but it's a fantastic experience I'd recommend to anyone. It actually won two BAFTA game awards (Artistic Achievement and Game Design), beating the likes of God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 to achieve that.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm thinking about playing my solo D&D 3.5/Pathfinderr game again. Also all Christmas day, I've been watching Law & Order Special Victims Unit from the last season.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-12-26 at 01:54 AM.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

It seems that Trobby has excellent taste in indie games.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground

Christmas is nearly over, and part of me still wants to spend £40 on the Stadia version of Cyberpunk. Even though I know all the problems with it, it's a) Cyberpunk, and b) will let me create a character with all the lumps I choose.

Darn £10 off any game you want promotions.
    If you're looking for cyberpunk, or perhaps dystopian cyberpunk specifically, then I can wholeheartedly recommend the shadowrun returns RPGs. Deadman's switch, Dragonfall and Hong Kong are all very good. Crapsack world, megacorps exploiting people for profit, mercenary work for and against megacorps, sci-fi, it's cyberpunk to a T.

I was pretty psyched about cyberpunk 2077 myself as well before its release, buuuuut then they released it and it was a mess. Now I'm thinking I might let it pass by entirely.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    If you're looking for cyberpunk, or perhaps dystopian cyberpunk specifically, then I can wholeheartedly recommend the shadowrun returns RPGs. Deadman's switch, Dragonfall and Hong Kong are all very good. Crapsack world, megacorps exploiting people for profit, mercenary work for and against megacorps, sci-fi, it's cyberpunk to a T.

I was pretty psyched about cyberpunk 2077 myself as well before its release, buuuuut then they released it and it was a mess. Now I'm thinking I might let it pass by entirely.
    I own Dead Man's switch (, twice over I believe, on both Steam and Google Play), but I'm really feeling like straight cyberpunk instead of the cyberpunk/fantasy mix of Shadowrun. From what I've played it really is proper cyberpunk, but I don't want Elves and dwarves right now.

I would play Deus Ex, but I'm not feeling like playing a male character.

Show

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    So... Cyberpunk2077 is cyber- but not punk, and Animal Crossing is (accidentally) punk, but not cyber-.

Correct!

It seems that Trobby has excellent taste in indie games.
    He does, but so do I! Jenny LeClue is amazing... also one of the only games Steam let me send people.

As long as you're also okay with fantasy elements, those three Shadowrun Returns RPGs are the best cyberpunk experience I've ever had. Nothing sells the feeling of cyberpunk like a character going
    Spoiler
    Show
    "as it was with global warming, so too will it be with dragons".

I own Dead Man's switch (, twice over I believe, on both Steam and Google Play), but I'm really feeling like straight cyberpunk instead of the cyberpunk/fantasy mix of Shadowrun. From what I've played it really is proper cyberpunk, but I don't want Elves and dwarves right now.

I would play Deus Ex, but I'm not feeling like playing a male character.
    I don't know how it does character stuff but play Disco Elysum, it's awesome from what I've heard.

27. - Top - End - #207

Graham would take issue with Animal Crossing not being cyber.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground

I keep seeing people say wonderful things about Animal Crossing and I'm actually a little disappointed there's no PC version. I suppose I could buy a Switch just for Animal Crossing, but I'm not going to buy a Switch just for Animal Crossing (glorious though the game may be). Erh, I got some games that are apparently somewhat similar to that, so I'll make do with those.

Correct!
    As long as you're also okay with fantasy elements, those three Shadowrun Returns RPGs are the best cyberpunk experience I've ever had. Nothing sells the feeling of cyberpunk like a character going
    Spoiler
    Show
    That stuff was great. When I first heard of shadowrun I thought that the fantasy elements would not mix well with cyberpunk and its sci-fi nature, but it was quite the opposite. I found that the fantasy elements and the magic adds a lot of mysticism to the setting and the games and I absolutely loved it. It was done really well.

29. - Top - End - #209

I keep seeing people say wonderful things about Animal Crossing and I'm actually a little disappointed there's no PC version. I suppose I could buy a Switch just for Animal Crossing, but I'm not going to buy a Switch just for Animal Crossing (glorious though the game may be). Erh, I got some games that are apparently somewhat similar to that, so I'll make do with those.
    I don't think Nintendo has ever put out a game on more than one platform but I could be wrong. But yeah, don't get a switch just for that one game. That being said, I never thought I would enjoy a game like Animal Crossing until I played it, and holy crap have I loved it. I still have a few issues about mechanics from New Leaf that were changed in New Horizons, but overall, huge fan. Huge. If you ever get a Switch for any other reason, absolutely snag an AC.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed.

I don't know how it does character stuff but play Disco Elysum, it's awesome from what I've heard.
    Played it all the way through, will play it again when the big upgrade drops and I have a better PC. It's about 90% as punk as Animal Crossing, and has many amazing moments.

Show