New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

Word has spread of a great collection of riches deep in the heart of the Golden Mountains. With no more information offered, countless adventurers made the trek into the mountains hoping to strike it rich. Being tucked so deep into the mountains, few adventurers made it to their destination and even fewer lasted more than a day. While plenty of adventurers have wandered through the countless caves and ancient mines the mountains have to offer, most explorations have come up empty.

Approaching your destination, a lone building stands in the deep snow. It is quite large, a wooden structure held together with twine and prayers to the gods. Although random parties dot the snowy white mountainsides, it is the building that draws your attention. You wander inside, unsure of what to expect. Hoping to get away from the chill outside, you step into the building. Rum stings your nostrils and a burning sensation runs around your ears.

A large iron golem stomps from table to table, delivering trays of ales and other alcoholic adventuring drinks. Laughter fills the room, and the volume of the room rises. Dirtied individuals crowd the tavern, and a sign reading "ROOMS" hangs over a doorway. A mustached man behind the bar waves you over with a dirty towel.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Welcome to the adventure!

In this campaign, you are free to recruit anyone to join you at any time. They are not guaranteed to join you, but some might! You are free to choose your own path, as it is a little sandbox-y, but there is a story if you want it. Looking around the room, you see the following at various tables:

-A pair of Orcs stand at a table in the corner. A pile of green goo sets on a chair alone at the table.

-A pair of Dwarves are drinking at a table. Dozens of empty mugs sit on the table between them.

-An Aarakocra sits alone, reading a book quietly.

- A group of Gnomes are playing cards together. A Minotaur is playing with them.

- A skinny man rolls some dice at a table and begins to write something down.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

Entering the building is a figure in leather armour and dark clothing. As it enters, it lowers the hood and mask covering its head, revealing a feminine face with Elven and Human features, and long dark hair in a neat bun. "Let me see, here..." she mumbles to herself, taking in the sights. One dagger is strapped to the outside of each of her boots, a sickle sits at her right hip, and a hammer sits at her right. She is positively laden with adventuring gear.

Quite the crowd. There's a moustachioed fellow behind the bar, gotta be the propietor.
    Iron golem whose cost alone might be responsible for the apparent budget cuts in construction and safety... Wouldn't be surprised if there were a mage about. I suppose, in the long run, an unthinking and unfeeling automaton is a better investment than flesh-and-blood staff.
    Dwarves who've gotta have as many livers as a cow has stomachs; one of those bird-people I'd only read about; Gnomes and... a minotaur? I see Orcs, there, too. This place really seems to cater to all types. Ope! Yep, there's a goo. Really does cater to all types! Skinny fellow playing with himself...

This woman saunters up to the bar, and greets the man behind it. "Heya. What's on your menu?"

"Image" - Half-Elven Warlock of the Celestial Pact
    Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    The italicised text without quotation marks is meant to be her thoughts. I figure since no one else is playing in this game, it'd be safe to think visibly!

For those of you reading this, consider "Image" to have this accent! Is it the result of a concussion? Is it hereditary? Is it acting? Who knows! We'll find out!

"I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

The mustached man offers you a thin smile and tosses the rag over his shoulder. You see pointed ears poking out of either side of his head, and he seems to be wearing fifty shades of beige.

A new adventurer! Excellent! X-19, bring me a fresh ale! the barkeep orders in an excited yet deep tone.

The Iron Golem pauses in the middle of the tavern and stomps towards you. The ground shakes slightly. It stares at you with black empty eye sockets in its metal head and slams a drink onto the bar beside you. You notice the bottom of the glass crack slightly as the golem loosens its grip around the glass bottle. The golem then turns and returns to its task of waiting tables. The bartender motions to the bottle and grins.

This one's on the house! The name is Mortimus, and I am always excited to see a new adventurer around these parts. This here is the Golden Arches. We are the best, and only, inn-slash-tavern you'll find in these parts. Mortimus pauses to look you over before continuing. So I take it you're here for the legendary treasure of the Golden Mountains? Or does something else bring you into the middle of nowhere?

Show
    Good you found it! Character sheet passes the eye test, and I love the voice you choice for Image. Funny thing... I'm actually from Wisconsin!
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2020-12-22 at 01:43 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

d20 "Image" - Half-Elven Warlock of the Celestial

Eyeing the bottom of the tankard, the woman carefully picks it up. "Well met, Mortimus, I am called 'Image'." She takes a sip of the drink. "And I am." She lifts one finger from the drink, and then another, contemplating briefly as she raises each. Her other hand finds its way into a compartment on her backpack, from which she draws two golden coins. "If you've got any good information about that treasure for me, I'll give you these on top of what I pay you for a room and a hearty meal. And when I come back, I'll give you a cut for your help." That arrogant scoundrel!

"Image" - Half-Elven Warlock of the Celestial
    Show
    I'm from Northern Illinois!

"I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: "Image" - Half-Elven Warlock of the Celestial

Mortimus looks at the gold pieces then lets out a deep chuckle. If I knew anything about where the treasure was, I can tell you I wouldn't be wasting my time running this place! I do hear a rumor spreading around about this treasure though... He watches you take your sip and a twisted smirk curls across his face. Your head begins to feel light and your vision doubles. The two Mortimuses (Mortimi?) watch you sway and twin X-19s stomp towards you. Two then three of each blurred patron stare at you, but nobody moves from their seat. In moments, everything goes black...

You awaken to the sound of click-clacking horses. Beneath you, you feel wooden planks shake and you notice your items piled in a corner. Brightness from the sun peaks in through an open wall. As you gain your wits, you realize that you are in the back of a carriage, staring out into the road you are forging ahead on and watching those Golden Mountains move further and further away with each gallop. The carriage goes airborne momentarily, and you the realize your hands and feet have been bound.

Show
    No way! haha small world. Nice to meet a fellow midwesterner!

6. - Top - End - #6

"Son of a [REDACTED]...!" Image groans. "Couldn't just draw [REDACTED] on my face like the last mother[REDACTED] to put something in my drink?" She fondly remembers being given powdered mushrooms in her tea, by a Gnomish friend and associate. As it were, there was only one thing for Image to do in this case... She does her best to wriggle free of her bonds, at least on her wrists, and cries out about something being seriously, dangerously, structurally wrong with the carriage. Sure, getting back at that burst appendix of a man-ling was also on her list, but for now, came the freedom that she would need in order to do this to begin with.

Sure, she would also need to buy incendiaries, but again, one step at a time.

Dexterity - (1d20)[5]

Show
    Complaining about something being broken in the back -- like a beam near the seats, or something.

Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-12-22 at 03:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

It takes a few moments, but eventually your hands wiggle free of the loosely-tied binds. As your hands come free, you can see that they were not tied with care, but instead were simply wrapped around your wrists a few times. As you stay seated in the carriage, the wooden slats continue to bounce as the horses continue to gallop along at a somewhat light pace.

8. - Top - End - #8

Before proceeding to mess about and find out, Image performs a really quick once-over of her person to check for signs of long-term poisoning: Discolourations, cramping, soreness, nervous system or cardiovascular distresses, digestive issues, and the like. She also flexes her fingers and toes and face, to make sure that the muscles in those are working.

After this head-shoulders-knees-and-toes, she will begin to re-equip herself. Quietly!

Medicine - (1d20)[15]
    Stealth - (1d20)[20]

Show
    Hey, my food allergies make my neuropathy act funny, hence the "nervous system" part of it all.

Medicine is to self-diagnose.
    Stealth is to be quiet about the re-equipping herself.

EDIT: DAGNABIT! I forgot the +2 to Medicine and Stealth!

Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-12-22 at 10:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you perform a self-diagnosis in the darkened carriage, you feel a bit light-headed and a lingering aching sensation tingles in your left wrist. Both seem like they should be better in a matter of mome... oh! You're starting to feel much better! Whatever knocked you out did not have any lingering affects, but it may have impacted your ability to perform basic trigonometric functions.

As you grab your items, you are silent. So silent in fact that you do not even hear yourself! As you grab your gear, you can't help but notice that the carriage is empty besides you and your precious items. As your eyes adjust to the darkened space, you notice the space between the wooden slats and see the road go by between the planks.

The horses click-clacking has become a bit rhythmic at this point, providing a soothing background noise to your actions.

10. - Top - End - #10

Well, Image was very clearly alive and well. Her ability to do complex equations, however, may be momentarily hampered, but then again her magical abilities came from some mysterious benefactor, who guided her to kindly folks who trained such as her. Her magic did not come from... triangulations, and correlations, and study.

Tcheh!

Hearing hoof-beats, she gets an idea in her head... She did know magic. There was schooling in charms and illusions, as well as some lessons in the divine. For now, however, an illusion, a glamer, would have to suffice. She had no line of sight to where the driver could see, but she could make a convincing enough sound come from where she could see... yes, that would have to do. But, to simulate the sounds of combat would startle the horses, which could be bad.

Focusing her thoughts on the talisman she wears, which bears a strange crystal, she begins to gesture and intone. Quietly, of course... "I believe the truth before my eyes... they shall believe it, too. I call now this minor illusion."

This very cunning caller chooses to simulate the sounds of splintering wood coming from, again, the front of the wagon. Teach them to ignore my warnings about the wagon! She also draws her sickle. She wasn't going to hurt anyone with it, without good cause, just scare them a little.

Show
    Casting minor illusion to create the auditory illusion of board creaking.
    Spell Saving Throw Difficulty Class is 13.

Dungeons & Dragons, throughout its Editions, is unclear on how people cast their spells: sometimes, it's in any language that they can speak, sometimes it's as if they are "speaking in tongues" and using strange words with magical power... while Image knows Celestial, Common, and Elvish, she's really only going to use the latter two for most communications. She's a bit of a throwback to older Editions, in that she finds speaking in "Alignment Languages" in public to be distasteful, akin to speaking in tongues and flashing signs in public in real life!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you cast the spell, the sounds of creaking wood echo around you. You hear a deep male voice offer a grunt.

Did you hear that?

You mean the horses? a second voice asks. This voice is still male, but a bit higher pitched.

No, I think it's the girl. I think she's waking up back there.

The voices quiet, and you notice that the click-clacking of horses slows to an eventual stop. A pair of feet jump to the ground, and you hear a squeaking shoe step around the side of the carriage. As your eyes follow the sound of the squeaking shoe, you finally follow it to the back of the carriage. A man comes into full view, shocked at the sight of the woman standing in the center of the carriage. He wears a blue hooded cape and a tattoo of a blue crescent moon is prominently displayed on his forehead.

Oh! the man utters. It is the male with the higher pitched voice. The man fumbles around his belt, trying to draw a weapon of sorts but failing miserably in his rushed and frantic manner. Looking at his belt, you see a thin club dancing around his fingers.

Show
    Love it! Personally, I would love to watch a stranger start some incantations at the local mall, but that could just be me. NPCs will react appropriately to how Image casts her spells.

As for the man before you, the carriage is about 10 feet by 5 feet so he is about 5 feet away from you if you are standing in the center of the carriage. Because he is surprised to see you, you get a surprise move on him.
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2020-12-23 at 01:42 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

"I want such excellence allowed to me, that I may win them over..." Image, again, begins to intone and gesture. Lowering her sickle, she breathes a sigh of relief, her demanour that of a friend momentarily shocked by, well, a friend. A friend grasping feebly for a bludgeon with which to concuss, contuse, and crush her. "Hey, it's alright. I'm not gonna hurt you."

Show
    Casting charm person to befuddle this bungling boob.
    Spell Saving Throw Difficulty Class is 13. Wisdom. Failure results in the target regarding Image as a friendly acquaintance. He will become aware that he has been magically charmed after an hour passes, which is the duration of the spell.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you cast your spell, the fumbling continues. Finally, the man gets a grip on his club and squeezes it tightly, yanking it from his belt. As he pulls it from his belt, the spell is cast, and the man freezes. He looks at the club in his hand then passes a glance towards you.

Then he looks back at the club.

Oh... of course. I knew that! I was... um... er... I thought you were in danger back here. Has the ride been comfortable so far? Is there anything I can get for you? the man asks. Underneath his blue crescent moon tattoo, he manages a toothless smile.

14. - Top - End - #14

Thank the gods... I just got this armour repaired. Hate to stain it with this toothless imbecile's blood.

Image smiles back at the man, breathing a sigh of relief. "Oh, I'm fine. I just noticed that some of the boards were coming loose. I was going to offer to fix them. My daddy was a carpenter, you know." She pauses almost animatedly, rolling her eyes internally at the lie and verbiage thereof, and then says, "Say, where are we headed?" She also ponders the markings on his head.

Show
    Attempting to see if Image can't remember hearing anything about people bearing this dude's tattoo.

Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-12-23 at 02:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Arcana - (1d20+3)[17]

Show
    Roll attempt did not work above. Code error. Attempting to see if Image can't remember hearing anything about people bearing this dude's tattoo.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man shows some concern as you point out some flaws with the carriage. He reaches into his pocket and places a small pouch on the edge of the carriage.

I'm sorry to hear that the carriage has not met your standard. I hope this sweet roll makes the ride a bit smoother for you though. As for where we're headed, they should've told you we were taking you to the Ogres to do some mining. That's where we take all of our passengers. the man offers pointing to the road ahead.

Galoo! the other voice calls from the front of the carriage, Did you get lost on your way to the back of the carriage again?

Galoo rolls his eyes and looks at you. It looks like Nathaniel is eager to keep going so I should probably head back. Enjoy the rest of the trip! Galoo offers another toothless smile.

Show
    As you see the crescent blue moon tattoo, you feel like it has something familiar about it. Thinking about the tattoo for a moment, it hits you that this tattoo is the symbol of the Blue Moons, a large group of bandits that are known for kidnapping people. The most devoted members will have the crescent blue moon tattooed on their forehead as a symbol of commitment to the cause.

17. - Top - End - #17

d20 "Image" - Half-Elven Warlock of the Celestial

That would not do at all.

"Galoo, could you do me a favour and convince Nathaniel..." She looks at his club, and then at him, raising her eyebrows. "...by any means necessary, to go to the nearest settlement, instead? I'm not really cut out for mining, you see..." She shakes her head and grimaces. "I am, however, really good at recruiting people for work like that, so I'd be of much better service, yanno, doing that. Recruiting people."

Persuasion - (1d20+3)[10]

Show
    Not at all attempting to convince Galoo to murder his companion if he won't just turn around for the polite witch.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Galoo stares at you blankly with steel-colored eyes. He scratches his bald head and finally nods with a smile. You hear the squeaking shoe hurry around the carriage to the front as Galoo talks to Nathaniel.

Nathaniel! We have ta turn around! you can hear Galoo call out.

Are you kidding me Galoo?! Did you lose her?

No no! She wants ta help with the recruiting. She wants us ta take her to the nearest town.

Galoo, why do I ever ask you to do anything? I'll just go knock her back out.

You hear a loud cracking noise echo through the carriage, and a loud thud, followed by silence. For a few moments, you hear nothing. Time seems to have stopped. Then... you hear the familiar and rhythmic click-clacking of horses hooves. As the carriage wanders down the road, you see a body lying still on the side of the road. Judging from the blue cape covering heavy armor, you can guess it's probably Nathaniel.

The carriage continues down the road for a few moments before it finally comes to a stop. You again hear the sound of feet hitting the road and the squeaking shoe you know far too well. In moments, Galoo pokes his head around the side of the carriage and motions for you to come out.

We have arrived at our destination. Welcome to Twine! It may be a small farming town, but it's got alot of heart. If you find some recruits for Ogre mining, just send them north. Is there anything else I can do for you?

Show
    Galoo totally didn't kill his partner.

Although you cannot see much out the back of the carriage, Twine is a small town that is home to a couple dozen people. There are a few humble buildings spread out and multiple large carrot fields. It would not be on any maps, so you likely would never have heard of it.

19. - Top - End - #19

Image briefly considers healing Nathaniel with the strange powers bestowed upon her but decides against it.

Let the bastard feed the worms. He had it coming.

Sure, some of the people that mentored her would be mortified, but she was a pragmatist and a survivor. They were idealists and martyrs.

"Oh, yeah... you could tell me about some of the other places around here. After all, the more, the merrier!" Really, Image was interested in civilisation, and not... No-Prospect, Middle-of-Nowhere places. Although, there was work to be done here.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Galoo looks around and scratches the top of his head. He stares off into the distance for a moment then looks back at you.

Well... you've got the city of Makirak a good day's travel east of here. I think there are other small towns nearby, but Makirak is the closest city. I'm sorry if you did not like your destination though. Would you like me ta take you ta Makirak instead? Galoo offers.

Show
    For your reference, it has been about 10-15 minutes since the spell was cast.

21. - Top - End - #21

Image pauses. "Well, yes, I could do with a ride there... to Makirak." She produces five golden coins, and hands them to Galoo. "These will be for your trouble."

Show
    I'm not throwing you too many curveballs, am I? I know that this is solo, and sort of sandboxy, but Image's kind of not "feeling" the mountain, anymore, what-with getting drugged and dragged, and all that.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Galoo nods and his squeaky shoe rushes to the front of the carriage. In moments, you hear the click-clacking of horses as the carriage jolts forward. Twine ends up behind you, and you see the small farming town fade further and further away. The carriage rushes ahead at a rapid pace, eventually slowing to a stop. The squeaky shoe returns and Galoo flashes a toothless smile.

I present... Makirak.

From your vantage point, you don't see too much, but you do see a sturdy stone wall surrounding what you can only assume is the city of Makirak. You can see the edge of a tall tower and guards strolling atop the wall disappearing from view as they pace. You do see one guard standing watch beside a large gate, but half the gate is out of view from your vantage point. You hear the loud chatter of a busy market, and you can smell all sorts of delicious hot meals coming from over those walls.

Show
    No worries at all! I can understand your apprehension about returning to the mountain. Those places (mountains and Twine) do exist, so they can always be handled later if wanted. Your Charm spell should be expiring any minute now as well... just for reference.

23. - Top - End - #23

Image leaps out of the wagon, taking that sweet roll and putting it in her bag. "Very good, Galoo. Thank you, and safe travels. You have earned that five gold coins!"

Realising that her spell might be wearing off on Galoo the Simple, she waits until she hears hoofbeats again, and calls another illusion, this one summoning the sound of a whip-crack. "I believe the truth before my eyes... they shall believe it, too. I call now this minor illusion." With any luck, Galoo's comparatively erudite horse would get moving.

With a friendly wave and no weapons in her hands, she approaches the gate. She gives the guard a friendly nod and a wave, doing her best to look as disarming as possible.

Show
    Is this dude thick? That's a day's travel, charm shoulda worn off about... twenty-three hours ago, give or take!
    Alright, I didn't want to get under your skin, but she probably ain't gonna return somewhere she was drugged and bound. There's just as many prospects for adventure in a city!

Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-12-23 at 11:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you cast your spell, you watch as Galoo and the carriage rush away at a rapid pace, forcing Galoo to grip the carriage tightly in a desperate attempt to not be thrown off.

Heading towards the large city gates, the guard offers you a simple nod. Welcome to Aramoor. the guard utters.

As you enter the courtyard, you find yourself surrounded by massive grey stone buildings and grey stone walls. Canvas covers countless stalls that run as far as you can see with each merchant insisting that their product was the best around. One elderly woman in particular is holding up a pouch that she insists possesses magical powers. The courtyard is crowded, packed in fact, and people are forced to push and stumble their way through the crowds to their destination. In fact, as you read this, a child rushes past you laughing as he is being chased by other children. He bumps into you but keeps on running away from his friends without acknowledging you. To offer some color to the courtyard, someone hung colored flags on a line over the courtyard. It's simple, but effective.

While the markets caught your attention immediately, before you is a tavern with a painted sign reading "Last Call" besides the doorway. From where you stand, you can see a crowded tavern and hear plenty of noise coming from in there. To your right, you notice a stone building attached to the wall with a the word "GUARD" painted in black beside the doorway. A man with a blue crescent moon tattoo stands outside the guard shack, watching as people pass by.

Show
    Not a day's travel, but also not Makirak... today was just not Galoo's day.

And of course! I don't know I would return to where I was drugged either.

25. - Top - End - #25

Oh, [REDACTED]. More of those buffoons with the tattoos! She steps into the "Last Call", hoping to find, well, decent accommodations. With flesh-and-blood service staff, washrooms, structural integrity, and drinks without sedatives in them.

(1d20)[1]

Show
    Attempting to discern if she knows anything at all about these, to borrow a term from Jayne "Hero of Canton" Cobb, Moon-Brains. Arcana is at +3, but since the last roll failed, it's doubtful to her that they're some neato secret cult with a handshake, and instead a bunch of painted idiots.
    Well, now, if I were in possession of cool magic stuff, I might re-assess that... well, and several thousand experience points under my belt, what-with the golems. Dude's gotta watch his back! Heavens know, one of these days, Galoo might be compelled by a scrappy neophyte adventurer with a gang of pals...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Your brain hurts as you think about those moon-brains, and you feel something not unlike brain freeze. Stepping into the Last Call, you hope to recover with better treatment than you have received so far.

As you step into the tavern with stone walls, a table of Dwarves raise their glasses to you and offer a hearty Ahoy!

The tavern is packed with people, with multiple people crowded around small wooden tables. Almost everyone in the tavern is human, save for a pair of Elves and the Dwarves that welcomed you in. Two people scurrying behind the bar are eager to keep up with the countless incoming orders and fail to acknowledge you entering the tavern. There is a small table open in a dimly lit corner, but anywhere else puts you at a crowded table or beside a large human at the bar. Looking at the empty table, you do see a note that was left behind.

Show
    Anything specifically pointed out is available for interaction beyond a mere "hey". So the bartenders, the Elves, the Dwarves, the large man, and the note all can start a questline for you. If this was a video game, they would each have an exclamation point over their heads.

Also, I'm not sure I fully understood what your roll was for. Were you trying to figure out who the Blue Moons are?

27. - Top - End - #27

"Well met!" Image says to the Dwarves, giving them a friendly nod of acknowledgement.

With the look of someone who is supposed to be here, perhaps to meet a friend, she takes in her surroundings. Among this, she looks past the large human so as not to arouse suspicion, and then approaches the table with the note and gives it a look. Nothing is touched, Upper Planes forbid that! She just glances at it...

After reading a little bit of "how-and-why" from the paper, she proceeds to the bar. She was down, oh, two coins from that moustachioed miscreant, five for galloping Gallo about... but she should have some coin left in her purse.

Show
    Yeah, that's the deal, was trying to figure out who they are, so Image can get an idea of what to do and not to do around them.

Heya! Sorry for the comm silence, there was some fat dude outside my window in red the other day. Looked kind of like Uncle Jesse from The Dukes of Hazzard, had a big, fancy-looking trash bag he was caryring over his shoulder, and he kept coming in and out of people's chimbleys! Called the cops on him, so no need to worry about him anymore. Although the cops were upset, and kept rattling on about some "Santicles", or something.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Dwarves offer you a cheer with half-empty glasses raised as you respond then hunch back over the table. There are about 6 Dwarves in total hunched together around this table, with the Dwarves "borrowing" some chairs from nearby tables. You can hear one of the Dwarves speak to the other in a hushed tone as you walk past them.

Dwokhumlin, tell us more about where to find those rudder pieces before we...

As you nonchalantly pace your way around the tavern, few pass a glance your way, as most seem much more interested in the conversations taking place at their tables. Pacing around, you do happen to hear conversations about everything from painting bedroom walls to claims of a slain dragon. Walking by the empty table in the corner, you steal a glance at the abandoned note and are able to read it. The handwriting seems rushed and sloppy, but it is legible. The paper a ripped and wrinkled piece of yellowed parchment.

C-

I have headed to Twine to investigate mysterious earthquakes. Come if you can.

-Dr. Headward Case

Leaving the note behind, you finally find your way to the bar and pass a glance at the barkeeps behind the bar. One of them, a younger female dressed in bright red, lets out a sigh.

I'll get to you when I can. My filthy brother has yet to return from the market with supplies though, so I don't quite have a full menu at the moment.

Show
    haha no worries! I actually had someone break into my house the other night. It was weird though, because instead of taking anything, he left stuff under our tree!

As far as the Blue Moons go, the key thing is that it is a large criminal organization that takes villagers and takes them to Ogres for hard labor. There may be more to this organization, but only high level members would know those secrets!
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2020-12-26 at 10:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Earthquakes? Not as profitable as looking for swag, nor as dull and depressing as mining. Might be worth a look.

"Very well. I can wait." She takes a seat next to the big fellow, considering him to be no threat to her, but still pantomiming all of the niceties that one taking an unoccupied seat next to a stranger might take. As soon as this poor, overworked server makes her way back to Image, the mage will order "the mankiest beer you have available, and some bread for now".

Show
    Sad state of affairs, innit.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you wait patiently at the bar, the larger fellow nods towards you.

These two 'ave been runnin' around like Arrowhawks with no 'eads! He offers with a chuckle before taking a sip from his almost-empty glass. He has a bit of a scraggly graying beard and a mohawk that seems more bushy than he intended. I've been here all mornin' waitin' for a refill on me ale, and I have yet to get any service!

Standing nearby, one of the two barkeeps rolls her eyes at the large man and passes a glance at you. Ignore Willem. That big gelatinous cube just likes to complain. Willem offers a scoff than a bit of a laugh as he tries to take another sip from his glass.

The bartender takes your order and returns with your items a good while later with a weak and forced smile. She tosses them onto the bar, and forgets to give you a plate for your bread instead just tossing it straight onto the bar. More patrons enter the bar, and the volume of the bar rises more and more with each patron that enters. The bartender shakes her head and sighs.

I'm sorry we're a bit off today. Our brother was supposed to return from the market with some supplies for the menu, and he has been gone all morning! Ever since he got that hideous dragon face tattoo, he just thinks he's too cool to work! The bartender looks at the growing crowd, and shakes her head. If you happen upon a scrawny young man with a hideous dragon face tattoo, tell him that I may be his sister, but that doesn't mean I won't fire him!

Show
    Due to the wait and not-so-great service, the bartender only charges you a pair of copper pieces for your stuff. Yay for discounts and crappy service!
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2020-12-27 at 12:38 AM.