New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

Image ponders the situation. She ought to be in enough of a working condition, all things considered, especially after that... however-long nap.

She chews on her bread and drinks her manky malt. "Scrawny kid with a dragon tattoo? Sounds like one or two mages I've come across, elsewhere." She puts five Copper Coins onto the bar for the server, recalling the scrappy slingers. "Any idea where he might be off to?"

"I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

The barkeep forces a smile as you throw some extra copper on the bar. You'll go hunt him down? Ugh, thank you! Punnuh should be at the markets buying up some ingredients and other supplies. Knowing Punnuh though, he may have wandered out of the gates to the community garden instead, so it may be worth checking out. The garden is to the right out of the gate. It's pretty big like Willem so it's hard to miss.

Willem gives a hearty laugh at the jab.

I'll tell you what, if you manage to get him back to work, I'll give you free lodging here any time you need.

Willem coughs with a mouth full of ale, choking momentarily at the offer. If I knew that was at stake, I would've done this myself!

If I wanted to be missing my brother and a paying customer, I would have asked you.

3. - Top - End - #33

d20 Re: Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

Image, ever the adventurer and skinflint, stifles a giddy squeal of delight at the offer of free room and board. Putting on her best "game face", she downs the rest of her beer, hands it back to the barkeep, and says, "Consider him found."

She takes her bread roll with herself as she makes her way out of the tavern. She absently nibbles at her bread as she walks. Finding the nearest, friendliest-looking person of any age, she approaches them and says, "Heya. Newcomer, here. Where's the market?"

"I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

The townsperson watches you eat your bread before pointing to the long string of markets right behind you.

Turning around, you see an endless number of stalls with loud vendors declaring their products to be the best around and significantly better than the other merchants' goods! It's a sea of people throughout the market which only adds to the relentless noise. In the crowd however, you do spot an young man with a terrible looking face tattoo that looks like it could have been designed by a small child. It's a pastel blue color and shaped awkwardly on the young man's face. He seems to be arguing with a merchant, pointing at a random jar of spices on the table.

5. - Top - End - #35

Image, a little embarassed, says after a bite, "Oh. Thanks. Just a little faint from forgetting to eat, and all." She gives her bread a shake before looking around the market as best she can for this Punnuh. Easily enough, she finds him!

She approaches the stall, slowing her pace as she draws within a few yards, listening in on their conversation as best she can before coming up beside the hand-painted boy. "Punnuh?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Punnuh turns and looks at you. He brushes some of his shaggy black hair from his face and looks at you with a bit of confusion. Do I know you?

The merchant points at Punnuh as he looks at you. This scrawny fool thinks he can just take my spices for free! There are a wide array of spices spread out across the table. Each little jar is labeled with a unique exotic spice name, and each sports a beautiful color.

I didn't say free! I said 5 gold! Punnuh insists.

The merchant folds his arms across his chest. These are the best spices in all of Aramoor! I'm the only merchant that sells them, so they cost 100 gold.

Punnuh looks at you and rolls his eyes. He knows my sister needs these spices for like half the things on her menu, so of course he overcharges.
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2020-12-27 at 03:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Image says so very matter-of-factly to Punnuh, "I don't know you, but your sister does, and she misses you terribly."

Very desirous of free accommodations that, again, do not likely come with "things in my drink" and golems stomping about, Image hatches something up almost immediately. "Why not work out a 'payment plan'? Hear me out, here, here's my idea..." She nods first to the merchant. "You take this paltry five Gold coins as well as five of my Gold coins as a down payment, while you..." She nods to Punnuh. "Pay a pre-arranged amount every, say, week. With..." She counts on her fingers animatedly, "Half a percent interest every week. To compensate for losses. I'm no economist, I'm just a customer and an errand-girl, but it sounds sound to me..."

Persuasion - (1d20+3)[11]

"Image" - Half-Elven Warlock of the Celestial
    Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    Attempting to convince Pun-Pun and the merchant to do a payment plan dealie.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

The merchant looks at you with a cold stare before passing a glance to Punnuh. I don't trust "payment plans" as you call them. Especially customers with foolish face tattoo!

Punnuh shakes his head. The merchant looks out towards the gate and nods slowly after a brief moment of thought. I'll tell you what. You want to help this kid out so bad, perhaps we can make a trade. Just outside the gates is a large number of Aramoor hornet nests. They're hanging on large oak trees, so they are pretty easy to find. Bring me a hornet's nest, and I will give you all the spices this kid needs. Deal?

9. - Top - End - #39

Hmph! Everyone was a critic. Although Image does stifle a grin at the merchant's remark about Punnuh's self-expression.

"Fine, I'll see to these hornet's nests. Do you want me to bring them in warm, or cold?"

After she receives her instruction as to whether the merchant wants the hornets stiff or soft, she says to Punnuh, "I'll be at the inn momentarily, go tell your sister that the cute girl she sent out to find you is risking her life getting hornet's nests for a merchant you're trying to fleece."

Nature - (1d20+1)[3]

Show
    Image wants to see if these hornets are different from other hornets, like how a Barn Owl is different from a Short-Ered Owl.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You have never heard of these hornets, but they sound like they could be the same thing.

The merchant shrugs. However you bring it to me, I'll take it.

As you talk to Punnuh, he watches you silently as you head out to retrieve the hornet's nest. He scratches the tattoo on his face, but is otherwise still.

Stepping outside, it is quiet. The pair of guards remain at their posts, staring straight ahead at nothing in particular. As you head where the merchant directed you, you notice some larger trees standing among a patch of trees. As you edge closer, the hornet's nests come into view. And they are massive.

Large gray clumps cover entire branches, causing the branches to look twice as large as they otherwise would. Red hornets hover around the trees. Each hornet is about the size of your head, their stingers running longer than a dagger and possibly just as sharp! Scanning the trees, you do notice a hornet's nest off by itself, but it has a pair of the massive red hornets buzzing around it.

11. - Top - End - #41

Finishing her bread as she makes her way to the forests, Image draws her sickle and assesses the situation. Might not be a good idea to attack all of these... She circles around to the lone nest.

"I command the beautiful and uncertain things..." Image begins her intonations, making gestures with her "free" hand that call crackling, white energies into its grip. She throws this at the nearest of the hornets.

Stealth - (1d20+4)[15]

Show
    If necessary, sneaking up to the lone nest, and then firing an eldritch blast at it. Attempting a distance of 120 feet.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-12-27 at 08:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Eldritch Blast - Aramoor Hornet 1 - Attack - (1d20+5)[13]
    Eldritch Blast - Ararmoor Hornet 1 - Damage - (1d10)[9]

Show
    Raw code was posted when I attempted these attacks with parenthesis over "attack" and "damage"... let's hope this works.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you creep towards the isolated hornet nest, your eyes are drawn to the two red hornets hovering around their nest. You observe from a great distance, eventually sending a blast to the nearer of the two hornets. It lands squarely on the body of the hornet, sending bursts of energy in each direction. The hornet flutters around aimlessly, struggling to stay airborne, but tries to fly to you. Its red color grows deeper and darker, turning into a somewhat deep burgundy.

While the damaged hornet struggles to maintain flight, the second hornet notices the jolt of energy and spots you immediately. It flies towards you rapidly, its red color growing brighter and brighter as it comes closer and closer.

Show
    You blast the first hornet, but it is still alive. It is clearly damaged VERY badly, and it is trying to fly towards you, but it is only going a fraction of its normal speed. The second hornet is approaching you at a much faster pace.

First hornet: roughly 110 feet away and severely damaged
    Second hornet: roughly 70 feet away
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2020-12-27 at 11:49 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Wasting no time, Image attempts to finish the injured hornet with the same energies she used to harm it to begin with... she also keeps her distance, because what do you know, colossal hornets are scary.

[ROLL=Eldritch Blast - Aramoor Hornet 1 - Attack]1d20+5[/ROLL]
    [ROLL=Eldritch Blast - Aramoor Hornet 1 - Damage]1d10[/ROLL]

Show
    Maintaining as much distance as possible after the eldritch blast attack...

15. - Top - End - #45

well at least this isn't the RPoL die roller, which has antisocial fantasies when trying to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest and reroll 1s

[ROLL=Eldritch Blast Aramoor Hornet 1 Attack]1d20+5[/ROLL]
    [ROLL=Eldritch Blast Aramoor Hornet 1 Damage]1d10[/ROLL]

More finnicky than Image's player remembers!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

The hornet watches your dice rolls and scoffs.

17. - Top - End - #47

[ROLL=Eldritch Blast Attack]1d20+5[/ROLL]
    [ROLL=Eldritch Blast Damage]1d10[/ROLL]

You're more embarrassing than rolling a 1 on an Original Edition Magic-User's starting Hit Points.

From all of these blunders, Game Master, shall come large-scale successes. And funny stories to tell people.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

haha so true!

If you're having trouble with the dice roller, just put [roll]1dwhatever[/roll]. You can put what the dice roll is for outside of that!

19. - Top - End - #49

And a-one, and a-two, and a...

(1d20+5)[15] Image Eldritch Blast Attack - Wasp 1
    [ROLL]1d10[/ROLL] Image Eldritch Blast Damage - Wasp 1

Show
    Yeah, I kinda figured! I was like, "Wait, how did I complete two games here, and now this happens...?". Myth-Weavers has spoiled me, that's how. And RPoL. On the fence about RPG Crossing.
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-12-28 at 07:41 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

(1d10)[6] Image Eldritch Blast Damage - Wasp 1

Show
    Jeez, and to think that I don't even drink anymore!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

The burgundy hornet flutters around aimlessly as a bolt of energy blasts the hornet into oblivion. Pieces of the hornet explode in every direction, leaving nothing behind.

The second hornet continues to fly towards you, its reddish hue brightening with each moment and its long stinger bared.

Show
    haha it would make sense that no one has the same type of dice rolling in their forums. Why make something simple and consistent?

As for the living hornet, it continues to fly towards you at a rapid pace and is roughly 50 feet away from you as you continue to move away from the hornet.
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2020-12-28 at 01:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Image continues her tactical retreats and tactless attacks, blasting away at the hornets.

[ROLL]1d20+5[/ROLL] Eldritch Blast - Aramoor Hornet 1 - Attack
    [ROLL]1d10[/ROLL]
    Eldritch Blast - Aramoor Hornet 1 - Damage

Show
    Maintaining as much distance as possible, eldricth blasting hornets.

23. - Top - End - #53

Dice Roller test thread behaved...

(1d20+5)[18]
    -Attack because I just want to get an attack roll out so we can continue with things.
    (1d10)[8]

-Damage because I just want to get a damage roll out so we can continue with things.

...really not a fan of this dice roller. Was there some sort of an update while I was absent from here that made it behave like a petulant toddler who just got told it couldn't have its snacks?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

You shoot another blast of energy and that second bright red hornet disintegrates into a billion pieces, maybe more. Looking at the hornet's nest, you have an opening to get it without any hornets nearby. While the hornets hover above the treeline, it seems you may be able to sneak in and take a piece of the hornet's nest undetected...

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I have no idea what is wrong with these dice rollers, but they officially are the worst. If issues continue, we may have to figure something out for dice rolls moving forward.

25. - Top - End - #55

Image keeps her sickle out, but draws one her hammer... She pauses, though. Chucking anything at a nest might attract the attention of the hornets. So, she decides to distract those that remain.

"I believe the truth before my eyes... they shall believe it, too. I call now this minor illusion." Image creates an auditory illusion of a man as far away from the other hornets as possible, screaming something about how much he dislikes hornets.

With any luck, this will distract the winged demons, enabling Image to throw her weapon at it and knock as much of it as possible from the tree.

(1d20+2)[21]
    (1d20+2)[5]

Show
    Attempting to dislodge nest with a thrown hammer. Disadvantage rolled because I assume it's a bit high off the ground!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Casting you auditory spell, you watch as the large red hornets buzz away towards the noise. They buzz further and further away into the open fields in a mad hunt for the source of that voice. Of course, you know they will never find anyone (at least you hope there's no one over there!), but you take the free opportunity to knock down some of the nest from a tree branch. You chuck your weapon at a sizeable hunk of gray hive and manage to break a sizeable chunk loose. Handfuls of gray matter crumbles off the tree branch and falls a few feet before you.

Show
    Your rolling skills have gotten much better...

Also, after killing the hornets and distracting the rest of these hornets, you have hit level 2. Congrats on the level up!

27. - Top - End - #57

Image, triumphant, grabs her hammer, grabs the nest, and beelines it back to town. Once she finds the merchant who sent her on this mission, she hands him the hive fragments. "Here you are... I would have brought bodies, but there aren't any." She makes an "exploding" gesture with her hands.

Show
    I's just playin' the way Gary intended it, with my brain-holder! Now, for Hit Points, am I using the averages, or rolling? Also, I'd like to take Beguiling Influence as one of my Invocations so's I can talk more good, but that'd get me proficiency in something that I'm already proficient with: Deception... what do?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

The merchant looks at you with wide brown eyes, surprised at your explosion gesture. You killed some Aramoor hornets? That's a first. You know, if you ever want to make extra coin, I am always in need of help retrieving some rare goods. I could use someone as... explosive as yourself. The merchant introduces himself as Adelbert and thanks you for your trouble. He gives you the spices that Punnuh wanted and turns to talk to a customer. I already told you! 100 gold or you walk!

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    For HP, give yourself the full HP amount. Because it's a solo campaign, I don't have a problem giving you the extra HP. For invocation, choose similar charisma skill. We homebrew little. Me like. Why say lot word when few word do trick?

29. - Top - End - #59

Image's Id speaks in her head. Well, here is a rough translation of the simple thoughts of an Id: He could help me get work. Work means money. Money means power. Power means being able to get back at that bastard that drugged me. Getting the treasures that are rightfully mine. I will do this.

Then, her Super-Ego: By helping him get his rarities, I could help others. I could help out with economic growth, his personal financial growth, and culinary growth. Perhaps I could get him lessons in etiquette, too, so that we could both benefit even further. I will do this.

Finally, her Ego: I will do this.

The mage shakes Adelbert's hand. "Pleased to meet you, Adelbert. I am called 'Image'. And, you have yourself a deal. I am going to rest up and get something more in my belly than just bread, but I'll be back to see to your needs."

Image carries the jar to the inn, nodding to the Dwarves if they are present and handing the spices to the woman behind the jar. "It took a little more effort than I expected..." She nods in Punnuh's direction or gestures to her forehead in a rough shape of his tattoo if he is not available to nod at. "...but I was able to secure these spices for you."

Show
    Sounds good to me!
    Invocations taken were Beguiling Influence, and Eldritch Spear. Look at me, I'm a Revised 3rd Edition Warlock! Boy, was I surprised to see them in the Player's Handbook when I preordered 4th Edition! Cause fear for a spell.

Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-12-29 at 07:11 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adelbert nods for a moment before turning to a new customer. Whoa whoa! That is going to cost you 100 gold!

Returning to the Last Call, you enter a tavern that is just as busy as before, maybe even more busy. The Dwarves offer you a hearty Oi! as you enter and raise another half-empty glass. You see the bartender scurrying behind the bar, rushing from customer to customer. You see the seat next to Willem still open and use this as your opening to turn in the desired spice blend.

Willem nods in approval, drinking a now-full glass of a foul-smelling substance. It could be ale or mead. The barkeep looks at you with tired eyes that light up at the sight of the spice blend. Oh thank the gods! Punnuh returned empty-handed, so I sent him off to be useless somewhere else. If you're looking for work, you are much better at this than Punnuh! At least you seem to be the most useful person to enter this bar since old moneybags Willem opened a tab. Either way, you've got a free room. Just let my sister or me know, and we can make sure the room is clean whenever you need a stay. The barkeep introduces herself as Jame and her sister as Lark. Jame takes the spices and immediately rushes to put together some items for customers.