New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

"Only if it's not fitted properly." Image says, replacing her horrific disguise. Affecting her awful hag voice again, she adds, "Getting fitted for this was a nightmare... no one understood that..." She pauses before going on a rant about armourers. "Uhh, nevermind. Just follow 'Vanessa'. You're her prisoner. Look scared, and miserable. The kobolds think that you guys are conspiring with gnomes, but if I say you're good, they won't... whatever in the Hells it is they call what they did to the guards and that spider. I mean, I've seen milk-fattened kittens fight better than they do."

Game Master disregard the following if there is no source of fire with which to incinerate things.

Before leaving, and if there is a source of fire like a torch, Image piles up the armour and arms, and burns them. "Vanessa doesn't like it when naughty children use toys like this... they hurt Vanessa's friends. They hurt. They hurt."

Game Master finish disregarding.

She plods with Punnuh in front of herself. A dagger sits in her left hand, while her strange, new sword is in her right. "Show Vanessa out, handsome man... show her out. Show her out." She then adds, amplifying her voice with her minor illusions, "Vanessa is ready, sweet kobolds! AND SHE HAS A NEW FRIEND WITH HER!"

"Image" - Half-Elven Warlock of the Celestial
    Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    Disguise self to maintain the hag's visage. Possibly burning things. Guiding Punnuh out.
    Minor illusion to call for kobolds.

"I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

Smoke pours from the fire you have started using one of the torches off the wall. Punnuh coughs in some light smoke and watches as you burn all the items. We... could've sold those for gold... he mutters in a whiny voice before coughing again.

He shakes his head as you explain the interaction with the Kobolds and their less-than-impressive combat skills. They think I'm a part of this mess? I have nothing to do with the Blue Moons! he replies hysterically. And what Gnomes are you talking about? Punnuh sighs and shakes his head, his face tattoo looking like it is trying to attack the rest of his face as he shakes his head. Oh, never mind. I don't want to know. he mutters before agreeing to your plan.

Stepping outside, Kobash and the Kobolds' eyes light up at the sight of Punnuh. They ready their spears, and are about to begin thrusting their tiny weapons before you interrupt them with your voice. The Kobolds all look at each other with confused expressions, many shrugging and others scratching their heads as they try to understand. Kobash holds up his hands and speaks to his tiny army, hissing and pointing at Punnuh. The rest of the Kobolds all look at Punnuh and many display a disappointed look. Regardless of what they may or may not be thinking, the Kobolds pull back their weapons and retain a peaceful stance. Kobash steps to you and Punnuh and motions to the face-tattooed person. New... friend?

Punnuh looks at all the Kobolds and shudders. You can see the shortsword tremble in his grasp and his knees wobble beneath the cloth armor that could almost be a dress on him. He looks at you. Oh great... Ima... I mean Vanessa... what will you have me do? After asking the question, Punnuh leans towards you and stretches onto his toes as he believes you are truly as tall as the hag. He whispers, Unless you want to have to face... her... I think we should get out of here quickly and go back to Last Call.

3. - Top - End - #213

"Punpun, here" Image grins deviously, gesturing to Punnuh, "Told me that the gnomes..." She gestures further east. "...are marching from the east. They are two days from here. The gnomes are two days away. Gnomes."

She then asks Punnuh, whispering, "Her?"

"I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gnomes?! East?! Kobash shrieks. He looks back to his Kobold krew and translates your information to them. Kobash points to one of the Kobolds then points south. The Kobold nods then directs the rest of the Kobolds south. Kobash watches proudly as they disappear behind a collection of trees. Kobash flashes you a toothy grin. Kobold take care of Gnomes for good. Kobash go to camp and check on rest of Kobolds. Thank you Hag. he offers before turning on his scaly heels and wandering back towards his camp.

Punnuh scoffs at the nickname Punpun and remains silent as the Kobolds all wander away from you. He finally speaks as Kobash disappears from view. That... was weird.

Punnuh looks over your shoulder, his eyes scanning the horizon for a few moments before he responds to your question. You don't know? Oh boy... Punnuh sighs and puts his blade into his belt. The leader of the local Blue Moons. She's dangerous. VERY dangerous. She headed into Aramoor to recruit new members, but she'll be back. Didn't Jame tell you anything about this? Punnuh looks around anxiously and runs a hand through his hair. We're not really going to stick around... are we?

5. - Top - End - #215

Image waves at the kobolds, bidding them farewells in her hag's voice.

Then, once they're out of sight, Image blinks. "Stick around? Hells, no! We're going back into town. I got some kind of a book from this little hidout... a diary of some sort. But, first, I've got some bad news to tell you."

The mage doffs her disguise, revealing that she is not a six-foot-tall hag, but in fact a half-elven woman barely over five feet tall. "Gods, I hate that disguise... it's the only one I could think of when dealing with them, though. Had to think fast."

Image then guides Punnuh into town, explaining to him as tactfully as she is able that Lark is dead. She then details everything that happened up to this point. While she wants to speak very accusingly towards the boy, she does not.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Punnuh smiles. I think you looked better as the hag.

Punnuh keeps the shortsword and cloth armor as you head back to Aramoor (insisting its to protect him from the Blue Moon leader) and listens to you tell him everything that has transpired since the discovery of Lark's body. He is quiet as you speak, nodding occasionally. As you tell him about the death of Lark, Punnuh offers no emotion. He simply nods knowingly and lets you continue. Once you finish, he finally offers a response.

I know about the death of Lark. That's why I was at the Blue Moon camp; I think they may have something to do with it.

As you step into the walls of Aramoor, the guards offer you a welcoming nod. The courtyard is busy as always, and you can hear merchants yelling in the crowds. The Last Call stands on the other side of the courtyard, waiting for you. Punnuh maintains a hushed tone as he continues talking, eager to not draw any unwanted attention. If you grabbed a journal... or a diary... or whatever, I think you may get an answer.

7. - Top - End - #217

"And I liked you in the box, yet here we are..." Image sniffs.

"Why Lark, though?" She says in response to his statements. "Then again, that's why I got the book... they tried to cart me off to a mine, so I won't say that I don't have a bone to pick with them. Anyone who deals in what they deal in is a lost cause, in my book. Traffickers..." She spits.

Then, she leads Punnuh into The Last Call.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Punnuh rolls his eyes at your comment but follows you into Last Call quietly.

Jame's eyes light up as you and Punnuh enter the familiar tavern. Willem sits beside her and begins to pour himself another drink as the two of you enter. He takes a quick drink and sets the glass down, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. While Willem continues to drink, Jame stands from the table and offers you a weak smile. She grips the back of the chair and nods to you and Punnuh. I am thankful you found my brother. Have you... have you found anything about Lark?

9. - Top - End - #219

"As of yet, nothing. I did, however, find this..." Image lifts the book from her backpack. "And it might have answers."

Without wasting another moment, she recounts her tale of thrilling heroics while scanning the book for information. In particular, she seeks out entries involving poor Lark!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jame and Willem listen intently as you recount all of the different mishaps that happened. They seemed to struggle with the fact that you somehow managed to befriend a tribe of Kobolds, but they remain quiet as you speak. Flipping through the journal, you look for any mentions of Lark...

Spoiler: Entry 1
    Show

It has been three days since we attempted to recruit her. She insists that she has value that she can bring to the Blue Moons, but She isn't so sure. I'm not so sure either. I do know that she works at a popular watering hole in town though, so maybe business is good there. She said She was going to stop in to scope out the place, so I guess we will see what She has to say about her.

Spoiler: Entry 2
    Show

She says that She stopped at the tavern and was impressed with how busy they were. She said that She ordered a drink, but it took forever to get it due to the countless customers. She says that she pretended not to know Her, so that impressed Her. Usually people are in awe of Her when they know who She is. It seems that She could be a valuable asset to the Blue Moons of Aramoor after all. Good thing too. I like a spicy ale.

Spoiler: Entry 3
    Show

She says that She wants to bring her in for a briefing. It seems that She has some big plans, and she could provide some valuable resources, especially having a location that is so prime. I have my hesitations about bringing her in, but She insists that She knows what She is doing. xoxo

Spoiler: Entry 4
    Show

Well that was a mistake. She brought her in, and she did not like to learn about our plans at all. She insists that we are going to get caught, and she was bold enough to declare that she had a better plan. Of course, She was not a fan of that. She played it off pretty well though; if I did not already know here, I would have figured she was fine. Of course, I knew what was coming though. I had seen it plenty of times. She may have been a great potential resource, but She would never let someone think they know better than Her.

As you look through the journal, Jame leans closely and tries to scan over the pages you are reading. Punnuh looks out the window quietly at the courtyard outside. Willem simply sits back and coughs. So did that have any clues?

11. - Top - End - #221

Image recounts what she has read, verbatim. "It sounds like... to me, and this is just based on my comprehension, it sounds like Lark was in line to be recruited by them...?" She frowns, seemingly really uncomfortable. "But then this woman didn't like that Lark thought that she, uhh, Lark, had a better plan than she did."

She eagerly positions the book so that Jame can read from it, and then hands it over to her. Her expression seems troubled, and confused. She mouths, "But why?".

Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2021-06-01 at 10:15 PM. Reason: BUTWHY.JPG

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jame grabs the book and reads through the various entries intently. Her eyes widen as she reads through it, shaking her head periodically. She points something to Willem before tossing the journal onto the table. A shot glass topples over and rolls around the table, its contents spilling. Lark was always sharp, but... but this? This seems unfathomable!

Willem looks at Jame then to you. It's clear that Lark got tangled up with the Blue Moons. Whoever wrote this, they're just writing from their perspective so it will be hard to know just how involved Lark was with the Blue Moons. I must say that I am curious about this... "Her". It's clear that this person is likely the person that killed Lark. I think I can poke around to see if...

Who cares?! Jame blurts out. Punnuh turns from the window and looks at Jame as she continues. Lark is dead, but it's clear that there is something bad going on. Whatever Lark was into, whatever happened to her... it's done! We actually have something that can prevent this from happening to someone else. Take this to the guards and let them deal with this... BOSCHTET!

Jame pounds a fist onto the table and shoots up to her feet. She lets out a sharp exhale and storms out of the tavern, disappearing into the hallway behind the bar. Willem looks over to you and purses his lips. Jame will be okay. It's probably best to just let her take some time to calm herself. Willem looks over to Punnuh then back at you. The guards could use the information from this journal to round up some local Blue Moons and maybe even rid Aramoor of them all for good. As for who this person is who killed Lark, I have some old contacts that could provide insight and maybe even give us a location or a name. You've done so much already, so it's only fair for you to decide how we should proceed in this. What do you think?

13. - Top - End - #223

Image frowns. "I feel like just directly giving the book to the guard might be risky... I saw one of the Blue Moons being regarded in a friendly manner by them. It was just a greeting, and I'm no psionicist, but still... it might sound silly, but I'd like to make a copy or two of this, and then hand it in, in a disguise. Just in case evidence ends up tampered with. These Blue Moons are some sick bastards, and I. Want. Them. Dealt with." She then turns to Punnuh. "Maybe it would be a good idea for you to talk to these contacts of yours. But be careful this time, alright? Next time, there might not be a 'hag' and her idiot army around to save you."

Show
    Convoluted plans.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Willem simply nods at your response. Punnuh approaches the table and grabs an open seat nearby. His eyes wander as he thinks about your idea before responding.

I think... we could go check in with my... contact... Punnuh says slowly, his gaze suggesting that he is still quite deep in thought. It is getting a bit late for now though. Perhaps we should go in the morning?

Willem nods. Aye, anyone you try to meet with at this time may not be so welcoming and helpful. Best to rest up and head out at first light.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Convoluted plans are the best plans.

Also, it is getting a little later into the day. Sun is starting to set.

15. - Top - End - #225

"Yeah, it might not be the worst idea to wait. Would it be too much to ask for a meal before I turn in?" Image reaches into her coins.

Show
    A long rest is in order!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Willem reaches across the table and places a burly hand over your hand. Save your coin. After everything you have done, they can afford to pay for a damned meal. There's some stew behind the bar. Go help yourself.

*If there is nothing else you wish to do before going to rest, continue. If there is more you wish to do or say, you can disregard the following*

After a quiet night, you awaken in your dimly lit room. Stepping out into the bar, you see Jame behind the bar. Her eyes are darkened as though she had not slept. Her hair is a mess yet she rushes around behind the bar, pouring a variety of drinks. A few patrons sit around the bar, some alone and some in pairs. The bar is quiet, but a Dwarf at one of the tables laughs to break the somber silence. Jame notices you and passes you a knowing glance. Her expression is weak, and she remains otherwise emotionless as she passes out drinks and bowls of stew. By the door, you find Punnuh waiting for you. He is still wearing that oversized cloth armor, but he seems to have gotten rid of his weapon. As you approach, he offers you a casual nod.

I was wondering if you would ever show up, Punnuh says with a smirk. When we go visit my friends, try not to embarrass me. Anyways, are you ready to go?

Show
    During your rest time, I will also assume that you have made at least one copy of the journal.

17. - Top - End - #227

Image nods. "You have my word, no embarrassments from me." Then, she looks Punnuh over. "Although... if you're serious about this, some armour that fits you might be a good idea. Would you like to go to any nearby armourers before we meet with your friends? And I've a spare weapon or two that might do you good."

Show
    Rested longly.

Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2021-06-03 at 03:09 PM. Reason: noot-rule evil

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Punnuh scoffs at your suggestion, and he scratches the tattoo on his face, making it look like he is scratching the creature's stomach on his face. He promptly steps behind the bar and grabs a short blade. He wiggles it in his hand to emphasize to you that he is now wielding a weapon, but it slips from his grasp and falls onto the ground below. He quickly grabs it then leads you to the door. Jame maintains her place behind the bar, ignoring the antics of her brother.

As you follow Punnuh, he wanders through some alleyways into smaller and darker alleyways. These alleyways are taken to darker and smaller alleyways. People disappear from view, and the voices of the crowd gets quieter and quieter with each step. Before long, it gets completely silent. Punnuh trudges ahead, eventually making his way to the end of an alley and a sizeable hole in the stone city wall. He slithers his way through the hole and you can hear him speak on the other side of the city wall. You slither through the hole as he did, and find yourself out of Aramoor and into a heavily wooded area. The leafy trees around you block out the sun, making the space seem darker than you know it is. Punnuh motions to a trio of men, two Humans and an Elf, that stand around a large leafy tree. I give you the Street Urchins. he declares.

Punnuh, don't be a fool. You bring a beautiful woman into our midst,and you call us urchins? That's what the guards call us! one of the men calls. The man is a bit huskier than his comrades and is balding. The little hair he does have left is a light blonde. I'm Kalfu. It is an absolute pleasure to meet you. May I show you...

Kalfu, don't be a creep! another hisses. This one is an Elf, a large scar runs down the right side of his face and his right eyelid remains closed. Unlike most of his Elven kin, this Elf is bald. You'll have to excuse Kalfu; he apparently spends too much time away from society that it seems he has forgotten how to communicate. The Elf passes a stern look to Kalfu who steps away and takes a seat with his back against the large tree. The Elf continues to speak in a slow tone. I am Green and that is Charon. And of course Kalfu. We are what many would consider to be some of the invisible; guards like to call us street urchins. We are the beggars, the homeless, the diseased. Society pretends we don't exist, but we see and hear everything. Green pauses to look over to Punnuh who simply shrugs. After a moment, Green continues some more. I assume that if Punnuh has brought you here, it must be important. Punnuh is about one sister away from being one of us. And if you know Punnuh, he won't do well. Anyways, what is so important that you have come to us?

19. - Top - End - #229

Image raises her lip at Kalfu, seeming a little disgusted. To Green and Charon, she nods. "Thank you for your audience. I call myself 'Image'. I come requesting information that you might possess..." Image shows these men the book that she retrieved from the Blue Moons, and describes the reason for her inquiry: Lark's slayer. True to her word, she does not embarrass Punnuh, instead making him out to be a little braver than he really is. She also does not mention her duplicitous actions with the kobolds, and the lives that they took...

Show
    Oh, hey, I'm gonna buy a book and some ink and a pen during that long rest... Image hasn't got that! I'm also going to deduct things from her finances~

I've been thinking for a while... Image's power source is an Empyrean who's opened a link between her and the Upper Planes, if not also the Positive Energy Plane. However, some of Image's actions are less than good by any stretch... Mike Mearls himself said that Celestial Warlocks can be as non-good as Fiendish Warlocks can be non-evil. And, for every three Chaotic Good Empyreans, it seems that there is one Neutral Evil one.

Would you like her to change her alignment to Neutral Evil, once she levels up? She acts, thinking that she is doing good and that manipulation and... things that violate the Geneva Convention... are justifiable in the name of advancing ultimate good, but giving a merchant illusory coins that he gets arrested for to feed your children is as wrong as threatening him with physical harm for the same food. I've got a couple of ideas as to what sort of a role she might fulfill...

Like, if she becomes Good, then she's a mortal agent of the goodly powers that be.
    Lawful, a sort of heavy-handed mortal enforcer of divine wills.
    Evil, then a twisted visionary who strong-arms her vision onto the world.
    Chaotic, a mover and shaker and force of change.

As it stands, right now she doesn't really know what the source of her power is, she just thinks she lived and trained among some mystics and is a "chosen one" of a sort -- why else would they give a fraudster who debatably did good, the time of day?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Green nods slowly as you speak, listening in silence. As you describe... or perhaps embellish the heroics of Punnuh, Kalfu scoffs. That ain't Punnuh! Ha! That scrawny spat must have paid you for your company and kind words because anyone that knows Punnuh would know that's not true!

Green looks back over to Kalfu and gives a death glare. Kalfu goes quiet and lowers his arrogant head slightly, like a scolded animal sitting against the tree.

Green looks over the book and thumbs through it using the little sunlight that breaks through the trees to read its content. I am aware of Lark's passing. I apologize for the loss; I know Lark was well-loved by many, and I am sure that she was kind to you as well. Unfortunately, that who took her life has remained hidden. I have yet to hear or see anything that would lead to the reveal of her that who took her life. He continues thumbing through the book for a moment before continuing. Based on what I am reading, it seems that Lark has fallen in with the Blue Moons shortly before her passing. That aligns with what I have heard; some say that she wanted to see the establishment fall which would align with the views of the Blue Moons.

Punnuh steps forward. If she was with the Blue Moons, why would they kill her?

Their leader is ruthless and cruel. Green says flatly. She is one who would squash the head of a friend if it meant she could receive more power and influence. Her name is Xarissa. Based on what I am reading, it seems Lark may have crossed her or even impressed some of the superiors. Green pauses and returns the book. I would be cautious though. Unlike the rest of the Blue Moons in these parts, she blends in well. She bears no tattoo or other marking to show she is a Blue Moon. If you wish to find her, I believe she holds a small encampment in some caves to the East near Horn Lake.

We've already been there. That's where we found the book. Punnuh offers.

In that case, you must either return to her encampment and ambush her or you must prepare for her wrath when she learns someone has invaded her camp.

Show

First, both Kalfu and Charon have those "quest-giving" exclamation marks over their head. You can interact with them for some side work if you would like or just ignore for now.

Second, I personally have not felt that Image has acted in an evil manner. She may be more neutral than anything at this point, as there is quite a bit of "gray" area that balances itself out. If you would like to change her alignment, you can do so with a level up. On my end, she has felt neutral to me. It's a great non-answer to your question, but I would say no alignment change is needed as of right now! I think I’m time, it may be more clear which path she will take.
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2021-06-03 at 09:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Image frowns. "I am, at best, an adventurer trained in the mystical arts..." A trap might be for the best. "Part-magical, and part-my occupying the space she's to enter." She looks to Charon, and then Kalfu. "Have you two any insights, or any comments?"

The mageling wracks her memory, attempting to come up with, and on the spot, no less, a good physical trap to set.

(1d20+1)[21]

Show
    Intelligence, to try and find out what traps might work best.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah! Kalfu blurts. If you head over by that Blue Moon cave, do you think you can get me some berries? They grow these special blue berries over there, and they are waaaay better than what we grow around here!

Green looks over to Kalfu and makes a comment about Kalfu only thinking about food. Kalfu ignores the Elf's comments and continues. If you can bring me three bushels of the berries, I can pay for that!

Charon sighs at Kalfu's request and shakes his head in disappointment. That request is so stupid Kalfu! You have a master of the mystical arts here, and you wish for berries? Here's what I want. I've been trying to keep the area cleared for us for a few days now, and it seems that some stupid giant insects continue to find their way here. Maybe it's because of the messy eater that hogs all the food! Charon passes a glance to the unsuspecting Kalfu. I think the insects have a nest nearby just north of here. It's... kinda on the way to that Blue Moon camp. If you can at least kill 5 of those pesky pests, I am willing to pay for that!

Show

Wow. That... is a SUPER DUPER clutch roll! Tell you what, with a roll like that, you can pick the physical trap, and I will guarantee its success.

23. - Top - End - #233

"Cross my palms with enough gold, and I'll cook those insects with the berries. You've both got yourselves a deal."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Green sighs and walks around the tree, disappearing from view. Kalfu and Charon both high five each other in delight, and Punnuh motions you. I guess we're headed back to that Blue Moon outpost then. And I guess... I have to come with.

You leave the trio behind at the large oak tree, and meander your way back too the Blue Moon encampment. It's a relatively quiet walk, as Punnuh has little more to say than complain about a pebble that was in his shoe. Eventually though, you do find yourself back at the familiar outpost. It is still quiet. There are no Kobolds, no Blue Moons, and no critters moving about. You and Punnuh rest behind a collection of bushes, hiding from view. The campfire that was once burning has turned to ash, but besides that, the outpost remains untouched since you left it. Punnuh looks over to you and grips his dinky blade tightly. So what's the plan here?

25. - Top - End - #235

Image surveys the area. "I want to say... hrm." She scratches her chin, a genuine itch on it, and then points, wagging her finger. She looks around without stirring anything. "We could dig a small trench at the cave entrance... cover it with some canvas, or even a tent. Stick some caltrops beneath it. Cover it with dirt." Then, she pauses. "Ohh, and then, we could set up a 'dead body' -- nothing too fancy, just enough that it looks like one of these idiots, in the mouth of the cave. To draw their attention, so they step on the caltrops. Gods... if this were a building, we could dump oil on them." She makes a "fwoosh" sound, and fans out her hand.

Show
    Image is assessing the area for trap types that she can lay! And has an idea.
    Sorry about that delay, work got kind of hot for a second.

Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2021-06-19 at 05:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Punnuh looks over to you, his eyes squinting. A... fwoosh sound?

As Punnuh looks out over the cave entrance, he also scratches his chin in an action that mirrors yours. He finally stops and looks at you. Call me crazy, but I think I have an idea. We dig a small hole right at the mouth of the cave. We cover it with a canvas, maybe some branches. Now I'm just throwing out ideas, but we can put some... oh, I don't know... caltrops at the bottom. Then we cover it with dirt so it looks even more inconspicuous. If we really wanted to sell it, we can put one of the corpses just inside the mouth of the cave to look like everything is fine. Punnuh nods confidently. Yeah, I think I may have just come up with our best option. I'm not sure who all is coming, but if we hurry, we should be able to set the trap in time. With enough time, we may even be able to set up a good point to drop oil on them when they fall in.

Punnuh looks around, clutching his kitchen knife with one hand and using it to move some bush twigs out of his way. If you want to get started on that, I can keep watch.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

No worries! I can completely understand that! I hope everything has stabilized at work!

So your trap idea will definitely work! If you want to get started on that trap, just say so. If you'd like to use a different trap, or just do something else entirely here, just let me know, and we can proceed!

27. - Top - End - #237

Image gapes for a moment before mouthing the word "dunce". "I, uhh, yeah. It looks like we're both on the same page..." The vexed mage without hexes looks for anything canvas-like that might remain from the encampment. And anything that she could improvise a shovel out of. Failing locating anything shovel-like, she instead resorts to using her crowbar. All the while, she mutters things in Elvish to herself. Agitated things. About "daffy" young men.

Show
    And a one, and a two, and a...

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking around the immediate area, you do not find much beside brush and some broken down rocks. Looking at the campsite however, you do see the canvas of the tent that had been knocked over by a Blue Moon in your recent encounter. The dark green canvas rests flat on the ground and looks quite sturdy in its build. Beside it, you do see a small portable shovel (a simple spade with a handle) beside the ash of the campfire. A small hole had been dug out beside the fire pit, but it is empty. You also notice a few empty tankards lying about, and a decent length of rope. Punnuh walks towards the small pile of ash and grabs the portable shovel. He looks over at you and frowns.

I suppose you want me to start digging then? he asks, looking around. Should I dig right in front of the cave entrance? I think I should start digging soon because whoever we are trapping should be coming by soon!

Punnuh walks towards the cave entrance, and his shuffling breaks the otherwise silent space. He pokes his gaze into the small cave, and shrugs. This seems like a decent enough spot. I could sure use some help though! My arms are already tired.

Show

WELCOME BACK!
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2021-07-11 at 12:47 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Image aids in the digging with her crowbar, using it to break things loose, or otherwise "fine-tune" the trench. "I'm going to use an illusion when they do show up... it'll disorient and confuse them."As she digs, she makes another superficial change to her appearance, making herself appear as, well, herself, just in a Blue Moon's trappings. "...starting with this illusion. I'll stand near the cave-in, and conjure up an illusion of... I don't know, someone menacing." She glances about for anything sharp that she can "install" in the pit she and Punnuh are making. Her pitons that remain are sacrificed for this endeavour. "I've got good enough hearing, so I'll keep my ears pricked up to listen for them, then my phantom menace will run at them. The illusion won't last too long after it's interacted with, though, so there is unfortunately that.... but, a diversion is a diversion, and we can get at least one or two cheap shots in before they notice they're swinging at pretty air. You can wait near where I found you. Take these, and throw them at the real Blue Moons -- I'll be the cute one carrying a sickle and a sword, so you'll know not to throw at me." She then removes her two daggers from her boots and hands them to Punnuh. "They're not the best for throwing, but they'll keep some distance between you and them, and then you can engage them with your other weapon. All else is looking for openings, making as few openings for them as possible, and footwork. I've a club you can borrow, too, if you'd like."

That all said and done, she quickly conjures up an illusion of a golden-plated paladin with a winged helmet. "This fellow's going to be the one who'll 'menace' me."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Punnuh's gaze is off in the distance as you explain your plan. He wipes his forehead, leaving a dirt streak on his face. As you hand him the blades, he nods and heads into the small cave back near the chest that he was found in. She's not that cute... he mumbles to himself. He stumbles over a rock, but he eventually finds a good spot along a wall and out of sight.

You await with you winged-helmet illusion, watching and waiting in the calming silence for... well whoever it was that was coming.

Seconds turn to minutes. Minutes turn to longer minutes. Your illusion stares through you blankly until you hear a rustling in the nearby brush. You hear a voice coming from down the path, and a few footsteps heading towards you.

Ged, if you ask me about the treasure of ice one more time, I swear... a woman's voice carries. It sounds vaguely familiar, but you cannot quite place it. The footsteps continue towards you, and you can hear the crunching of branches getting louder. Your paladin illusion continues to stare through you, its massive weapon raised high above its head in a threatening manner.

A pair of Blue Moon members emerge from the path, a man and a woman. The man (a burly man) you do not recognize, but the woman... it was the woman who you met outside the alley behind Last Call! The woman who scolded that boy Nelson with you. The woman who sent you on this wild goose chase at the beginning of this whole thing. She bears no Blue Moon tattoo on her face, but she wears the familiar blue cloak like the one you have created for yourself.

The woman walks into view with a Blue Moon member, and her face hardens immediately at the sight of the golden-plated Paladin towering over you. Ged! Stop him! We've seen our numbers thin enough. The man charges, and the woman prepares a spell, her hands beginning to glow a bright white color.

Show

You trap is set, and the hulking Blue Moon member is charging straight for it. The woman is standing back and not moving towards your trap, but she stands roughly 15 feet away. Punnuh is out of sight ready for your moves. This combat is working on the assumption that you are inside the mouth of the cave and not out in the open. If this is not where you envision yourself being, please correct me.

If all is correct, go ahead and roll for initiative. Both opponents are drawn to your illusion, so you are not being targeted by either person.