New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

Image breathes her sigh of relief. "Oh, thank the gods you're here!" Her "paladin" almost comically turns his atention, and then charges at the Blue Moon man. His creator rises, pretending to be relieved and calming down from a panic, but then draws her new sword, which she looses with a command word. It is directed to attack the foe nearest her illusory menace, and as it intends to do real damage to the man, Image readies a bolt of positive energy to be sent at the woman to do very real damage to her.

(1d20+2)[7]

[ROLL]1d20+5[ROLL]
    (4d6)[12]

(1d20+2)[9]
    (1d6+2)[6]

"Punnuh! Now!"

"Image" - Half-Elven Warlock of the Celestial
    Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    You are correct!
    "Image" is going to direct her daffy do-gooder to devastate these deviants, deceptively. The first two rolls after Initiative are for a guiding bolt spell, cast at the woman. Also will come an attack from her dancing sword, which is the second set of attacks; this is meant for the big Blue Moon warrior.
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

2. - Top - End - #242

(1d20+5)[9]

In all this excitement, I overlooked a proper spell attack roll for guiding bolt!
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ice (5e Solo Campaign)

Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Initiative Order:
    1. Blue Moon Burly Man
    2. Punnuh
    3. Image and her Sword
    4. Blue Moon Leader

The burly Blue Moon man lets out a vicious roar as he charges your illusion. He pulls back his massive axe for terrifying swing, but his eyes grow wide as he disappears before he can lunge forward with his attack. You hear a substantial THUD as the burly man disappears in your trap. ow. is all you hear in a deep gravelly voice. Your illusion remains untouched.

Punnuh runs from his hiding place, and he charges out by the trap, stopping just past it so he is between the trap and the woman. He looks down, but shrugs and looks over to the woman. Without hesitation, he hands one of the daggers and throws it as hard as he can at the woman. The dagger soars high over the head of the woman and disappears into the trees behind her. You hear the rustling of leaves as it falls through one of the trees. Punnuh remains in his throwing pose, his eyes looking straight ahead.

A blast of energy shoots from you, racing towards the woman. She stands still and simply watches as the blast shoots just over her shoulder, missing her. Her gaze fixes on you, and she offers a sympathetic smile. Your dancing blade drops into the trap after the burly man, and you hear the sound of a gravelly yelp. Based on your estimations of gravelly yelps, you can assume that your blade connected with the burly man trapped down in your pit.

The woman looks at you and shakes her head. Smart trap. I see I will be taking on three of you then. The woman motions her hands before her, and a faint white glow surrounds her. She steps away into some nearby trees, disappearing from view.

Begin Round 2:
    Spoiler: Current Status
    Show

Burly Blue Moon Man- Is sitting in your trap prone. He has taken some damage from your blade and looks to be bleeding.

Punnuh- Still standing in his pose empty-handed.

Your Blade- Hovering over the burly man in your trap.

Woman- Hiding in some trees roughly 25 feet away from you. She has cast Shield of Faith on herself.

Begin Round 2

4. - Top - End - #244

"After her. Dead or alive, she's coming with us." Image directs her "Paladin" to advance on the woman, while she veers off to the other side of her, closing about fifteen feet of distance, and fires an eldritch blast.

(1d20+5)[16]
    (1d10)[4]

(1d20+2)[7]
    (1d6+2)[5]

Show
    First Set: Eldritch blast at the lady.
    Second Set: Dancing sword will slice the Blue Moon Bloke badly.

5. - Top - End - #245

exposition, exposition, sword attacking man in the blanket

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Round 2:

Stuck in your trap, the burly Blue Moon member wrestles his way to his feet and frees himself. Looking around, he realizes he is stuck and will have to begin to climb. He grips the dirt around him, but struggles on his first attempt to get out of the pit. His hands are full of loose dirt, and he tosses it aside. A sword hovers over his head.

Punnuh stands nearby the edge of the small pit, but his eyes remain fixated on the woman who has ran for some nearby trees. He steps towards the woman and clutches his second, and final, dagger. He hurls the dagger in the direction of the woman, but the dagger goes wild from his grasp and bounces off a nearby tree, offering little more than a hollow thud. Punnuh remains in his throwing pose as before, statuesque in his failed attempt.

You shout an order to your paladin and rush past Punnuh to shoot a blast at the woman. The blast lands squarely on her robed chest, causing her to stagger on impact. You can see a scorch mark on her robe where the blast hit, but she seems to stand tall and defiant. She looks at you with a narrow gaze.

While your blast is successful, you can hear the whiffing of your blade down in the pit. The blade slices at the burly man, but in his frantic attempt to escape the small pit, he manages to unknowingly dodge the blow of the blade. It slices little more than air.

The woman stays in the trees, but her eyes darken. She fixes her gaze on Punnuh, who is still in his throwing pose, and motions her fingers before her. She mutters something quietly, and yells out. Flee! Without hesitation, Punnuh turns on his heels and sprints as fast as he can in the opposite direction. He disappears into a treeline and completely disappears from view. With Punnuh sprinting in a dumb-founded fashion, the woman bounces her gaze between you and your paladin companion. She hides behind a nearby tree, completely out of your line of sight.

Begin Round 3!

Show

The Burly Blue Moon is in a pit with your blade. He has not really taken any damage, but he is struggling to escape.

Your paladin is still the focus of the burly man, and it has the attention of the woman.

The woman has cast "Command" on Punnuh, and it was successful... no surprise. As a result, Punnuh has run as fast as he can and as far as he can. The woman is also not much further away than she was before, but she is standing against a tree out of your line of sight.

Also, that my friend, was some beautiful exposition. I teared up a bit.

Also also... USA! USA! USA! (don't know if you watch the olympics or not, but that's a thing these days)

7. - Top - End - #247

"Huh!" Image scoffs. She attemtps to find the woman as best she can... and, if she can, sends an eldritch blast her way.

(1d20+5)[14]
    (1d10)[6]

Her sword, meanwhile, continues to harry the large fellow.

(1d20+2)[14]
    (1d6+2)[7]

Show
    I don't, but I do TRAIN, SAY MY PRAYERS (starting at seventeen, to Bane but now to Ioun), and EAT MY VITAMINS. I'm also TRUE TO MYSELF, and TRUE TO MY COUNTRY. Just like the Hulkster said.

and by that I mean I take this multivitamin thing and get my tetanus shots kept up-to-date, work a physically demanding city job, and do what a bunch of New Age jerkoffs do but without pretending to care about Lilith/Ra/Shabranigdo/Elune

Sword attacking man, Image eldritch blasting​ woman.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Round 3!

The burly one looks at the ledge of the trap, and he grips a jutting rock. He works tirelessly to pull himself up, slowly crawling up the side of your shallow trap. His breaths are incredibly heavy, and a burly hand emerges from the mouth of the pit, followed by a heavy-breathing head. His hair is matted with dirt, and his eyes are wild. He pulls himself up, and rolls to his back, staring up at the sky above. His eyes look towards the Paladin and he exhales.

Somewhere in the dense forest, a young man with a dragon face tattoo stops. He looks around and sees nothing but trees. He racks his brain, desperate to remember what he was doing, and realizes he was in the middle of a battle. With nothing else coming to mind, he sprints back towards you, the woman, the floating blade, and the burly one. You manage to see him just through the trees.

You have no time to check on Punnuh, and you return your attention to the woman. You only need to take a few steps to see her again, as she has not hidden so much as just wanting to obscure vision. Satisfied with your shot, you prepare another blast of blistering energy, and you send it off at the woman. The blast shots past a few trees, quickly finding its mark. It lands RIGHT where the previous blast landed, and the woman lets out a loud grunt of pain. She staggers a bit, but she manages to stay on her feet. She does wince a bit, and the burn mark on her robes have grown significantly darker. She looks at you with pained but angered eyes.

Your blade continues to hover over the burly one, and has no trouble slicing at the man that has just emerged from the pit. He lets out a yowl as the blade connects, making a deep cut on him. He grabs his shoulder in pain, but the blade continues to hover over him. The man grumbles something about sorcery and the devils as he lies in pain. He looks... awful. Like, he may be on death's door.

The woman takes a moment to breath and regains her composure. Berrios! Mind the blade! she yells to her lackey. Her face remains emotionless, but you can see that her mind is racing at solutions. Her eyes look out to the chaos happening with her lackey, your paladin lackey, and the floating blade at the mouth of the cave, but her gaze promptly returns to you. Her hands waver before her, and a greenish glow begins to form. She launches a disturbing green blast in your direction (she casts Ray of Sickness), and you watch as the blast races towards you. As you stand still, the blast just edges over your left shoulder, and you can feel its disturbing energy on the side of your face. The woman curses to herself, then moves around the tree again and away from view.

BEGIN ROUND 4!!!

Show

Berrios (the burly one) is bleeding badly and is lying just outside the edge of the pit he had just fallen into. His eyes are on the paladin that has taunting him this entire fight.

Punnuh is within view, but not quite exactly where he was before he was sent running. He should be back in the fight next turn.

Your blade and your paladin illusion continue to harass Berrios (the burly one).

You are exactly where you think you are and are doing exactly what you think you are doing.

The Woman is literally just circling around a large tree to hide from view. It is a classic tactic that is referenced as one of the great defensive tactics in Art of War... probably. She's still running at full energy, but you can tell she's feeling some pain.

A multi-vitamin and tetanus shots? Now you're just showing off...

9. - Top - End - #249

Another blast is fire at the woman, as Image pursues her. This one is, again, a blast of positive energies, much like the one Image initially fired at the woman.

(1d20+5)[17]
    (4d6)[16]

And, her sword continues to menace Berrios.

(1d20+2)[7]
    (1d6+2)[3]

Image also directs her "paladin" to break away from Berrios and harry the woman. "Myrrikhan, after the woman!"

Show
    Sword attacking man, Image guiding bolting​ woman.
    Directing illusory Paladin to the woman. "Myrrikhan" was a strange, Neutral Good Paladin "kit" from Dragon Magazine. They had an assortment of Paladins that ranged from Neutral Good, to Neutral Evil, and all had their own prerequisites, strictures, and abilities.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

ROUND 4:

Yes Gretchen!Berrios responds as he jumps to his burly feet and swats at the blade with an unarmed burly hand while he pulls out a dagger with his other burly hand. He moves for the paladin, and takes a VICIOUS swing at the taunting paladin. With all of the rage built up from being trapped in a pit and fending off a floating sword, Berrios unleashes ALL of his frustrations on the Paladin Myrrikhan that has been taunting him this whole time. The dagger slices, and... connects with nothing but air. Berrios gasps, and a lone burly tear falls from his burly eye.

Punnuh emerges from the trees, and his scrunched brow suggests an anger has been built up in him as well. He raises a hand as he charges at the nearby Berrios, and you can see the bar knife in his hand. He slashes at Berrios, and the blade manages to scrape off some material from his armor. Berrios turns and sees Punnuh standing dumb-founded behind him and chuckles. Punnuh looks towards you and shrugs.

Having no time for Punnuh, Berrios, and their worthless nonsense, you turn your gaze back to the woman. You take a few steps and see her again. Without hesitation, you launch a blast of positive energy at her, and she can only watch in horror as the blast completely engulfs her. She screams in a blaze of positive energy, and a burn mark is left on the nearby tree as she crumples to the ground. She lies motionless on the ground, every fiber of her being burned.

Your blade continues to hover over the head of Berrios, and while he tries to avoid the blade, it continues to harass him. The blade swings wildly over his head, but fails to connect with the burly Berrios.

BEING ROUND 5!!!

Show

Berrios has realized that Myrrikhan is an illusion, but he is still fending off the floating blade and now Punnuh.

You can celebrate as you have downed the woman, and she is definitely dead.

Also, that is an amazing reference!

11. - Top - End - #251

Image grimaces at Gretchen's lifeless form. She looks at Berrios with judgement and pity. "Stand down, and no one else will fall today. Come with us and tell the guard what you know." They might spare you. Her sword returns to her hand.

(1d20+5)[17]

She comes to stand over Gretchen, her sickle positioned over the woman's neck. "We can fix things." There is a warning in her eyes.

(1d20+1)[9]
    (2d6)[10]

Show
    I believe the sword is supposed to come back around, this... round, so I'll have it come back around this round!

Not doing anything to Gretchen's husk, yet.

First roll, Persuasion.
    Second roll, Medicine. Image wants to see how "dead" Gretchen is. She has healing abilities, and is willing to expend them on Gretchen, if... Berrios stands down. Third, the set of d6s, is in case Berrios does stand down; that's healing light, for Gretchen to come back from the brink.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you call out to Berrios, he spins rapidly, his raised arm waving wildly. He sees he is surrounded by a blade, a paladin illusion, Punnuh, and you and he calms down. He sheaths his daggers and holds up his hands in a non-threatening manner. I get it, I get it. he mutters.

Looking over Gretchen, you see her body is burned to a crisp. You pretty much obliterated her with that final explosive shot, so she is beyond dead.

Punnuh holds his bar knife to Berrios to prevent any nonsense from the burly one, and he passes a glance at you. So we're taking this guy in?

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Nicely done in combat! That final blast was vicious! I was hoping to see Gretchen do a little more, but after she missed that Ray of Sickness spell, I knew I was about to be let down.

Gretchen was actually not too far from death, and that final blast really put her into the dead beyond dead category. I was tempted to have her explode, but I thought maybe Image was not ready for that scarring visual. There's sadly no revival to be had there, but Berrios does comply.

13. - Top - End - #253

Well, Gretchen was dead. Image gives the corpse a brief once-over for anything, oh, good. "You might be gone, but your trappings may yet serve the good people..."

"We are. If you speak plainly and truly and lower your weaposn, Berrios..." Image gestures for him to drop his weapons. She also looks around for rope. "Your sentence might be lessened. Don't, and, well..." She shrugs, purses her lips, and rolls her eyes.

(1d6)[2]

"Were you honourable, I'd bury you." Image hefts Gretchen's corpse, intending to carry her. "As it stands... the people will see to your remains. Hate to see you come back as some animate dead and circle trees around me a second time."

Show
    Healing light, if Barrios drops his weapons.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

Berrios nods and tosses his weapons to the floor. They clatter and clang, and Berrios looks to you for your next order. The once burly brute now looks deflated in defeat. He takes your healing, and you watch as his wounds magically heal. He looks over himself in awe as he heals.

After you gather your goods and do your business with the rope, Punnuh and Berrios follow you back to Aramoor, and Punnuh keeps his weapon drawn on Berrios the rest of the way. Berrios says nothing and walks in silence.

As you approach Aramoor, the guards at the gate look you and your motley crew over. The guards exchange surprised glances. Is that... is that Gretchen the Wretched?!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

You do find some rope sitting in the campground, so feel free to use as you see fit. I'm guessing you will be tying Berrios or Gretchen, so considered whoever tied up as you lead the way back to Aramoor.

For loot, Gretchen is carrying a bottle of honey, 15 gold pieces, and a Bag of Holding.

If there is anything else you wish to do at this Blue Moon campsite, feel free to ignore the return to Aramoor.

15. - Top - End - #255

"Aye, and now Gretchen the Gone." Image says. "Berrios..." Image jerks her head at the Blue Moon. "Would like to talk to whoever is in charge around here about Gretchen and her... activities around these parts. Isn't that right?"

Show
    Oh, goodie!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

One of the guards smirks at your new title for the fallen Gretchen. The guards take the burnt corpse and look to Berrios. The burly man looks to you and sighs. Aye he says in a disappointed tone. I’ve seen what that one can do. She’s more fearsome than Gretchen the Wretched.

Berrios follows the guard carrying the corpse and disappears into the city walls. The second guard looks at you and offers a smile of gratitude. After what you e done, I’m sure the local Lord will want to speak with you. At the very least he’ll want to know who to thank for removing the Blue Moon threat. the guard points into the city. If you head to the Lord’s Court, tell them I sent you and that you brought in Gretchen the Wretched. You will have no problems.

Punnuh listens and shakes his head. You can do that if you wish, but Jame will want to hear about this whole thing from you. We best see her.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    You can visit Jame or the local Lord. It is up to you!

17. - Top - End - #257

Image's eyes narrow at mention of what she can do.

She hears the guard and Punnuh's words. "I will see the Lord, but there's somewhere I need to go first."

With Punnuh, Image heads into the tavern...

Show
    Oh, goodie!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

The guard nods as you walk away, and you walk back into the Last Call with Punnuh. It is still quiet and dark and empty as Jame and Willem are the lone people in the once-crowded bar. Jame is behind the bar, but her eyes widen as you walk in. She steps towards you as Willem looks up from his nearly-empty glass.

You're... back. Did you... find anything? Jame asks.

19. - Top - End - #259

"We found the woman who must have been behind the killing," Image says. "Went by 'Gretchen'. She's gone, now. She won't kill anyone ever again. I brought her body to the guard." Image sets the fifteen gold coins that belonged to the woman on the counter. "These were hers. They won't bring Lark back, but they should help you out in some way. I've got to report my activities... and findings... to the local Lord. Are you going to be alright?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jame looks down at the coins and frowns. She says nothing but stares quietly at the coins.

Willem coughs from his seat nearby and nods in your direction. Your overwhelming kindness and compassion is noted, but you are no mere passerby. Who are you? Why help us?

21. - Top - End - #261

"'Image', as I signed your guestbook. Just... an adventurer. A mage of a sort. Less of one who'll stoop over her books, and more of one who prefers to seek her knowledge." Image licks her lips. "You probably don't want a story, but... I decided to pursue fortune and glory and lore in the Golden Mountains. I got drugged and woke up in a wagon instead. I managed to use what parlour tricks I'd learned to convince the Blue Moons that were carting me to a mine, to bring me here instead."

She continues. "And, well, I decided I'd find out whatever I could about the Blue Moons. I wanted revenge, but when Lark was killed I wanted justice. For you. So did Punnuh, it seems." She gestures out the door. "Leave things like this up to the guard, and you're gonna have a problem. Leave things like this up to adventurers who're already pissed off that they almost got trafficked into a mine and doubly pissed off that someone who's helping them out is dead before her time... and someone's gonna get hurt."

"Thankfully, the only things that got hurt on me were my ego. Can't say the same for Gretchen. And Berrios took a beating, too. You should have seen how Punnuh handled him!" Image gently traces a finger over the pommel of her sword as she speaks, but says nothing.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Willem nods silently. He strokes his broad chin and eventually offers a warm smile. Punnuh blushes slightly at your kind words, causing the dragon tattoo on his look like it could be breathing fire. He slips into a nearby seat.

You wanted the Treasure of Ice, but you've chosen to help me instead? Jame says. I... I cannot possibly thank you enough. I'm sorry about your drugging experience, but whatever caused you to search that treasure out in the first place... whatever may have happened to you up there... I'm just happy this all sent you here. Without your help, Lark's death would have...

Jame's voice trails off, but Willem offers you a nod. I'm surprised Punnuh was able to hold up in combat at all. Perhaps I may have been underestimating you. Willem says with a chuckle. I'm surprised about Gretchen though. Her name's been thrown around for a while now, but no one could ever identify her. Seems she's been hiding in plain sight all this time. The fact you took her down is no small feat so I'm sure Lord Aalot will ask for insight or something of the sort. While we'd love to hear more of your... illustrious background, it seems you have a lord waiting for your company. We'll be opening the Last Call and returning to normal soon, so this may be your last time to rest up and stock up in an empty tavern. Take advantage if you wish.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

After this conversation, the Last Call will be reopening and will be full again. So this would be the last chance for helping yourself to items behind the bar or resting up without the annoyance of rowdy patrons.

If you wish to continue this conversation, you can just keep talking with Jame, Willem, and Punnuh. Otherwise, you can just rest and restock and head on to meet Lord Aalot. It's clear they want to learn more about you, but they don't want to pry on their friend that they feel so indebted to. If you are ready to move on, just note any resting or restocking that would be taking place.

Also, just a heads up, but Image should be at level 3. This would've happened before your combat with Gretchen, but I wanted to let you know in case that needed an update. And you are correct. The Blue Moons are not your biggest fans these days.

23. - Top - End - #263

Image gives Jame a comforting pat.

"Well, I could use a quick rest. And, if you've any dry foods -- stuff that won't spoil too quickly... I'll buy it off of you."

Show
    Ah! I was wondering when that'd happen... you mentioned it being close a while back.

Replacing cause fear with invisibility; learning lesser restoration.

Short rest. Image will bathe so that she isn't covered in magical discharge and blood and dirt.
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2021-07-31 at 12:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jame nods and steps behind the bar and immediately begins prepping some food to go as you bathe and rest. You awaken refreshed, and as you step out into Last Call, you find that it is indeed back up to speed. Tables are filled, and there is not an empty seat in the place. Willem is set at his usual perch at the bar, and he offers you a knowing nod. Jame paces frantically behind the bar, rushing to fill drink orders and whip together the occasional snack.

Punnuh has taken Lark's place as Jame's assistant at the bar. He is bouncing from table to table, hastily taking orders and rushing to help Jame behind the bar. As you pass, Jame notices you and waves. She points to a sack of rations sitting at the end of the bar nearest to you and offers you a stressed out smile. You've got a few day's rations in there. That'll be two copper. You can just leave it on the bar! she calls out before spinning on her heels to tend to a husky Dwarf that waves an empty stein joyfully. The buzz of the Last Call grows, but your attention is elsewhere. The good local lord, Lord Aalot, has requested your presence in his court.

His court is rather easy to find, as it is down a wide road down the center of Aramoor. The white stone building towers over the city and has impeccable detail in its stonework. This must have been the work of Dwarves. Windows are used sparingly, and a few strategically placed windows give the building an almost skull-like appearance. Guards line up along the outside of the building, and you watch as they turn away any that approach.

As you approach however, one of the guards raises a hand. You must be the one that has brought us Gretchen the Wretched. Lord Aalot will see you now. the guard says as he motions you inside.

The entrance is narrow but absurdly tall, possibly even a few stories high. Entering, you are immediately hit with the smells of fresh fruit and fresh candles. A soft red rug rests beneath your shoes, and you can only imagine how soft it would feel. Empty tables are on either side of you, and pillars line the path ahead of you. A man sits on his throne roughly 90 feet in front of you. There is quite a distance, but you can still make out Lord Aalot. Are you the one who has brought me Gretchen the Wretched? Please. Identify yourself. he calls out with a strong voice.
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2021-07-31 at 10:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

Image drops her payment at the bar.

~

When in Lord Aalot's hall, she says in response to his request, "Yes. I brought Gretchen to your men, and . 'Image' is what I am called. I am an adventurer, and a mage."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lord Aalot waves you over. On either side of him, you see two individuals standing. One wears golden armor, the other robes of gold. Guards dot the court, and a few simple-dressed individuals stand in a small group to your right, whispering among themselves as they look at you.

I see you fear my presence. Come, no need to be shy. Lord Aalot laughs. You present yourself humbly, but you deliver the bounty of kings. Lord Aalot stands from his throne and takes a few steps towards you. He has long black hair and a long scar that runs down the left side of his face. He wears a loose white robe, but his chest is exposed. He gives you a toothy smile, and lowers his voice. You are no mere adventurer, Image. You possess a rare strength, a strength reserved for legends. Pray tell, from where do you hail?

27. - Top - End - #267

Image refers to the local name of the realm from which she comes, and gestures broadly in its... general... direction. "Bayoros is where I am from. I appreciate your compliments. While I do possess the strength of which you speak, what matters to me is that I possess the resolve and the drive to use it. Indeed, were it not for the Blue Moons and their ways getting in mine, I would be but another upstart with a dagger at her hip and a few spells given her by a dismissive old mentor..." She trails off and shakes her head.

"Truth be told, Your Lordship, I wish that I had brought Gretchen to you alive for questioning. Her goon, Berrios, may be forthcoming, but, hey, if you want the recipe for a loaf are you going to ask the baker or the flour? I do hope that he cooperates with you and you are able to find out at least something of their lot."

Show
    Fantasy Name Generators.

Image's name for the realm may well be regional. Think of how "Albania" is called "Shqipëria" by natives to the country.

OPE. I forgot, I forgot, Iforgot! Image's Pact Boon was Pact of the Tome. I'll decide the cantrips when I get home!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lord Aalot smiles and stares off. I've only heard of Bayoros. I can't say I'm familiar. Regardless, I can see by your presence that you would never be a simple upstart. Whoever your dismissive old mentor is, I'm sure they would be proud. Aalor paces about the open courtyard and stops after a few steps, placing his hand on one of the pillars. My guards will handle Berrios well. I'm sure they will be receiving the information they need shortly. The loss of Gretchen may actually be a benefit in this. Without the baker, the flour loses its worth, and a new baker can step in and do what they wish. Aalot looks at you. I am that baker.

After a brief pause, he continues. You've already proven your value as an ally of Aramoor, so if I may, I'd like to make another request for your support. He nods over to the two individuals standing by his throne. My two advisors can fill you in on what's next in this battle against the Blue Moons. If you are able, we could use your support as we rid ourselves of those filthy vermin.

Show

Haha, the classic fantasy name generator. Nearly everyone's name in this world is a product of the all-powerful generator.

OoOOOOOOOooooo gotta get that pact! Just let me know where to find this on your sheet for my personal future reference. Thanks!

Also, in this courtyard, there are a few quests that you can pick up that will be in the same general area. The duo by the throne each have a quest (one is the main story quest), and the group standing to your right in the peasant-y gear also would have a quest available. You can pick them all up (just let me know if you want to pick up all three as you go to speak with one of the advisors, and I'll write up all three interactions in one post to save on time) or you can just focus on the main storyline. Either is fine, just let me know!

29. - Top - End - #269

Image laughs at the mention of her having a dismissive old mentor. "Oh, no, the ones who instructed me were anything but dismissive. My oddly specific analogy was in reference to one of their experiences! ...he got better. Ah, more anecdotes about my tutelage some other time. There are people in need of help, here, and I'm here for them. I will aid you in this. I have no love for these 'Blue Moons'."

Image goes to speak with the advisors, and then everyone else for that matter.

Show
    Mold earth, shape water, and fire bolt. Spells replaced were cause fear with invisibility; spell added was lesser restoration.

Let's see... get berries for the elf dude, get... yeah, I'll go for all three. I'll keep a "quest log" in my notes, soon!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aalot gives you a nod as you wander off to the others in the court. He disappears through a doorway.

(Quest- A Meal Fit for a King)
    As you approach those in the peasant-y garb, you find a trio of simple-dressed women. They look at you and whisper among themselves but get quiet as you approach.

We've heard that you are the woman who has been fighting off the Blue Moons. You're an inspiration. one of the woman says. She's a bit stockier than the other two, and she looks at you with light brown hair and ruddy cheeks. No doubt Lord Aalot will have you looking into other Blue Moon issues, but if we could... we'd like to make a request.

She looks to her friends before continuing. I am Thelma, and this is Orta and Gruellen. We tend to the kitchen here for Lord Aalot, but we've been late in getting shipments due to issues with the Blue Moons. Lord Aalot is... well he's quite charming really, and we just would hate to disappoint him. The other two women swoon at the mention of Lord Aalot. Without our full collection of ingredients, we will struggle to satisfy the hunger of Lord Aalot. Worse, we will issue giving everyone healthy portions for meals. If you do visit a Blue Moon camp, can you gather some of their food supplies for us? We'd be indebted to you.

We can pay you too! one of the other two women blurt out.

(Quest- The Wizard's Apprentice)
    Approaching the dual advisors, the one in golden robes waves you over. He has graying black hair and a bony face. He looks over to the other advisor and nods. Biastes can wait a moment. I have an important request to make of my own. the man pauses. I am Owahl, advisor in everything that relates to magic for Lord Aalot. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Your reputation precedes you, and I for one am grateful that you have killed Gretchen the Wretched. She has caused plenty of trouble right under our noses that this was the best possible outcome. With the power that you demonstrated in both identifying her and taking her down, I am proud to call you an ally. I'm afraid I do have a request to make though. I have a few followers that fulfill the role of apprentice. One of my followers was sent as part of a scout team a few days ago to investigate some Blue Moon sightings, but he and his scout team have yet to return. If you could find anything, anything, that can help me determine what has happened to him, I would be forever in your debt. I care for my followers like my own children, and the thought of one being imprisoned by the Blue Moons... well I just would prefer to discover a different outcome.

(Main story quest- What the Elk?)
    You approach the advisor in bright gold armor. He is bald but sports a bushy brown beard. He stares at you with bushy eyebrows and a steely gaze as you approach, but a smile quickly lightens the mood.

You can spend all of your time fiddling around with ol' casty cast or you can actually get things done right the first time with me! Biastes loudly declares giving a large smile to his fellow advisor. Owahl rolls his eyes and turns away. Never mind Owahl, he has quite a bit on his mind these days. I am Biastes, Captain of the Guard and advisor to Lord Aalot. Owahl discusses more magical and supernatural, but I prefer to work with more... tangible topics. Biastes offers as he pats a hand on a MASSIVE axe handle. While I could bend Owahl in half, I respect his studies. When the enemy approaches however, I find a swift blade to be more than sufficient than a collection of books. This... is the concern that I am having at the moment. I've recently sent some scouts to investigate a Blue Moon camp to the south. They've just returned and informed me that they are having issues getting into position to scout the enemy due to some... Elk. Biastes sighs. My scouting team has insisted that they are allergic, so they refuse to go any further without the Elk problem resolved. If you can head south, you will find my scout team, and you should be able to see these troublesome Elk. I don't have time to deal with this, but maybe you could take care of that? If you can kill off about 5 of those Elk, that will allow my scout team to get into a better position and tell us more about this Blue Moon threat to the south. Thank you!

It seems your swift blades aren't so sufficient after all! Owahl chimes.

Biastes gives Owahl a smirk. Hey! Anyways, feel free to take what you need from the court then head on south. I’ll await your return.

Show

Quest log is a good idea! It may make more sense for you to track it on you character sheet, but I'm happy to keep a note in this part of my posts too if you'd prefer.
    Last edited by PolloMark; 2021-08-03 at 03:34 PM.