New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Need a Copy of "Good Deeds Gone Unpunished"

Hello,

I've gotten one of my friends into OOTS recently. She cranked through all the books in short order and immediately after became a Patreon patron. Her favorite character by far is O'Chul, but she came on too late to get a copy of "Good Deeds Gone Unpunished". It's out of print. I'm trying to find a copy that already exists somewhere that we can purchase her for Christmas. I've been searching and calling around without any luck, so I'm coming here, hoping to find somebody willing to part with a copy. Help an old fan help a new fan out?

Thank You,
    Gary

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Need a Copy of "Good Deeds Gone Unpunished"

Don't have any good leads for you. I did some searches but the only thing that came back was on Amazon.es: https://www.amazon.es/dp/0976658097 (even there it's listed as a pre-order with availability December 30th). There was also a search site that returned a result in Australia for ~$100US, but wouldn't show me which store without creating an account so no joy there, and in any event, at that price you'd be better buying a cheap tablet and the ebook.

Hopefully you can find someone willing to sell.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's available as a PDF on Gumroad. https://gumroad.com/richburlew

If she wants a physical copy, you could always pay to have it printed and bound.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Is Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales ever going to be available as a PDF? Or reprinted? It's going for $159 on Amazon, which is a bit steep.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Is Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales ever going to be available as a PDF? Or reprinted? It's going for $159 on Amazon, which is a bit steep.
    IIRC, the Giant said there would be a PDF some time after the print run sold out. The print run is now sold out, but he hasn't announced a PDF for SSaDT, so either he changed his mind, or he is still working on it, or I just misremembered.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Latest news:
    Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post

However, A Monster for Every Season has been postponed a bunch of times now... So I can't give any real estimate and that quote is also already a few months old.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2020-12-23 at 01:37 AM.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thanks! No joy on the amazon.es link. I contacted the dealer behind it and evidently that's up in error. They did put me in touch with a place called Noble Knight Games, but that was also a bust. The hunt goes on!

Could you please provide that Aussie site, or the search site that led you there? I would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by facw View Post
    Don't have any good leads for you. I did some searches but the only thing that came back was on Amazon.es (even there it's listed as a pre-order with availability December 30th). There was also a search site that returned a result in Australia for ~$100US, but wouldn't show me which store without creating an account so no joy there, and in any event, at that price you'd be better buying a cheap tablet and the ebook.

Hopefully you can find someone willing to sell.

8. - Top - End - #8

Noble Knight remains a general clearinghouse for most things RPG related, so you might want to consider wishlisting it there.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
    It's available as a PDF on Gumroad. https://gumroad.com/richburlew

If she wants a physical copy, you could always pay to have it printed and bound.
    Seconding the PDF. It's not ideal, but it will give you the most crucial part! I've enjoyed every OotS PDF story I bought and intend to do the same with Snips, Snails, & Dragon Tails.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

This thing you have said, I have done this thing.*

*Original response was "DONE!", but that is too short to get past the forum filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Noble Knight remains a general clearinghouse for most things RPG related, so you might want to consider wishlisting it there.

11. - Top - End - #11

Has there been any statement on whether GDGU will be reprinted, and, if so, any kind of timeline on it? It's the only one I don't have a copy of since I filled in the rest of my collection this year during the sale. Other books haven't sold out so quickly, so I didn't realize I'd need to order it right when it came out to get a copy... (I don't want a PDF. I know my organizational skills, and they're heavily skewed toward being able to find physical objects rather than data files 20+ years later.)

12. - Top - End - #12

AssassinGuy

I was looking for a copy just a couple months ago and I remember it being very difficult to find. I did eventually find a used copy for just slightly above list price. Now, the only results I can find are pages where it's listed out of stock and reddit threads asking where they can find it. I must've grabbed up the very last copy available on the internet.

I was about to suggest tracking down a library near you that had a copy, borrowing it, and then claiming you'd "lost" it. However, a search of WorldCat suggests no library has a copy of the book. And that's the world catalog.

Based on this, I feel safe to say that this book is rarer than pieces of the True Cross. This suggests that there exists some vast, shadowy Templar-ish organization that is hunting down and destroying copies of the book, and silencing owners so effectively that nobody is aware of this sinister conspiracy. Perhaps the book contains a secret cypher which, if comprehended, would reveal a secret that would threaten our very understanding of human life itself.

They are already among us, watching us - probably on this very forum. Monitoring our words to see who is showing signs of being Touched by the epiphany, so they can direct their assassins to cut down these unfortunate souls.

The only question is: Why are they doing this? Do they seek power? Or do they wish to protect us? Or perhaps they merely wish to protect themselves, from knowledge they fear to know?

The book is the key. Read the book. The secrets must be in there.

13. - Top - End - #13

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Perhaps the book contains a secret cypher
    You know too much.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Based on this, I feel safe to say that this book is rarer than pieces of the True Cross. This suggests that there exists some vast, shadowy Templar-ish organization that is hunting down and destroying copies of the book, and silencing owners so effectively that nobody is aware of this sinister conspiracy. Perhaps the book contains a secret cypher which, if comprehended, would reveal a secret that would threaten our very understanding of human life itself.
    That's ridiculous. I own the book and have never been threatened in any way, nor have I have seen any evidence that other book owners have been disappearing. The only thing in it that's even slightly close to being a cipher is the part where Hinjo's junk is about toindfdswnnvernvek4;w/w44+#)$
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

15. - Top - End - #15

I have the PDF: am I at risk of this secret conspiracy too?

16. - Top - End - #16

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I have the PDF: am I at risk of this secret conspiracy too?
    Hehe, no. I was just kidding, there is no risk - it's just a joke. You shouldn't take what I said seriously, my cyber-friend - I'm just some simpleton on the internet who says stupid things and does not have a trustworthy personality. I'm probably on drugs or something, which explains why I lived in this tiny flat with a weird address that took forever to find. So I was on drugs yesterday and I had a hallucination that made me say crazy untrue things about the Book. But I'm totally recovered and alive now and I made a mistake. The Book is normal.

I hear the pdf version is really great. I think more people should read it. I hear there is negligible risk of the pdf revealing our secrets. People who own the Book should purchase the pdf and read that instead of the Book.

The Book is completely fine, though. It's normal. The pdf is just better. All current owners of the Book should buy the pdf now.

Remember to enter your current addresses when you buy the pdf. For shipping.

(edit)
    There is no secret Conspiracy.

17. - Top - End - #17

(edit)
    Hmm, I just noticed that no one with a ♀️ marker on their profile has posted in this thread. If there was a secret conspiracy related to an OOTS book, it probably wouldn't allow girls. COINCIDENCE? Could it be that everyone posting on this thread is part of the conspiracy?

Of course, if a girl does show up and post, that doesn't guarantee they aren't in the conspiracy either, given that SOME secret clubs are like the Sapphire Guard and do allow girls.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

That sounds exactly like what someone in a secret Conspiracy would say.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Hmm, I just noticed that no one with a ♀️ marker on their profile has posted in this thread. If there was a secret conspiracy related to an OOTS book, it probably wouldn't allow girls. COINCIDENCE? Could it be that everyone posting on this thread is part of the conspiracy?

Of course, if a girl does show up and post, that doesn't guarantee they aren't in the conspiracy either, given that SOME secret clubs are like the Sapphire Guard and do allow girls.
    Aw man, where can I join? I wanna be in a conspiracy.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    Has there been any statement on whether GDGU will be reprinted, and, if so, any kind of timeline on it? It's the only one I don't have a copy of since I filled in the rest of my collection this year during the sale. Other books haven't sold out so quickly, so I didn't realize I'd need to order it right when it came out to get a copy... (I don't want a PDF. I know my organizational skills, and they're heavily skewed toward being able to find physical objects rather than data files 20+ years later.)
    How handy are you feeling? Feel up to making your own?
    DIY Guide to Binding PDFs
    DIY Guide to making a Hardback Rule Book
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    How handy are you feeling? Feel up to making your own?
    DIY Guide to Binding PDFs
    DIY Guide to making a Hardback Rule Book
    For now, absent a declaration that it definitely won't be reprinted, my plan is to wait until the current/final book is available to buy in print and check back to see if they've done a GDGU reprint at a time that would allow me to buy both and save on shipping. (Or next time some other side book gets published, perhaps related to other Kickstarter stories.) I'm not going to fuss with printing and binding from a pdf when being patient will hopefully work at some point.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Aw man, where can I join? I wanna be in a conspiracy.
    Oh, I've got a dozen at any given time. Would you be interested in "the moon is a hologram"?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I've got a dozen at any given time. Would you be interested in "the moon is a hologram"?
    Nah, sorry. That one would just make me sad that there's not common available hologram technology...
    Thanks for the thought, at least.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

24. - Top - End - #24

Just bought the pdf because I, too, failed to buy this one before it went out of print.

The preface from Thog has my dying. lol

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

This suggests that there exists some vast, shadowy Templar-ish organization that is hunting down and destroying copies of the book, and silencing owners so effectively that nobody is aware of this sinister conspiracy.
    No it doesn't, no we don't and we *definitely* do not exist.

Sincerely,
    The Order of Suppressing the Order of the Stick Books (that as mentioned definitely does not exist)
    TOOSTOOTSB (naturally, the acronym also does not and never has existed)

p.s. where can I get an Utterly Dwarfed book? Everyone who has a copy please post your contact information and when you can be found to be at your most vulnerable

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    p.s. where can I get an Utterly Dwarfed book? Everyone who has a copy please post your contact information and when you can be found to be at your most vulnerable
    A physical copy is in my hoard. I can be found on the Silver Mountain. And as a dragon, I am at my most vulnerable... well, never.

Good luck.

27. - Top - End - #27

No it doesn't, no we don't and we *definitely* do not exist.

Sincerely,
    The Order of Suppressing the Order of the Stick Books (that as mentioned definitely does not exist)
    TOOSTOOTSB (naturally, the acronym also does not and never has existed)

Meh, your non-existent organizations name is not nearly as good as The Office of Acquisitions in the Benefit of One and Once More the Good Mr. Kite. Catastrophe Incorporated in the Manner of Manners, , or OTOOAIBOOAOMTGMKCIITMOM for short.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

A physical copy is in my hoard. I can be found on the Silver Mountain. And as a dragon, I am at my most vulnerable... well, never.

Good luck.
    I refer you to the case of Mr Underhill vs. Smaug the Red aka Terrible.

And we got several halfling thiefs on retainer...

29. - Top - End - #29

I refer you to the case of Mr Underhill vs. Smaug the Red aka Terrible.

And we got several halfling thiefs on retainer...
    Smaug? A mere lizard. I give Ancalagon himself a run for his money!

Which, being a dragon, is a considerable amount of money.

30. - Top - End - #30

Smaug? A mere lizard. I give Ancalagon himself a run for his money!

Which, being a dragon, is a considerable amount of money.

This is the kind of post for which I wish this forum had a "like" button. lol
    Last edited by pearl jam; 2020-12-30 at 05:44 PM.