New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: II And XI [IC]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default II And XI [IC]

Spoiler: Perun
    Show
    "My lord!" one of your advisors says, rushing into your study. "Unidentified vessel-coming in from orbit! It simply appeared in the system, and is coming in fast!"

The advisor has a small ream of documents with him, some relevant, most not-but you see images taken of the vessel. While your planet has their own spacefaring ships, this is far different from anything you've ever seen before. And it came from beyond the system-simply appearing.

Something has to be done-and it's up to you.

Spoiler: Chase
    Show
    Your ship is badly damaged. Gellar Fields barely held to get you to... Wherever you are. There's a planet nearby, wreathed in storms, but with signs of intelligent life-human life. Your scans don't show any anti-air batteries or anything of the sort, at least not in enough capacity to hurt your vessel, but you're going to have to deal with a hard landing.

There's a large city visible to your sensors-landing there is probably your best bet. You're better at dealing with people than inhospitable nature.

OOC Thread
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2020-12-28 at 05:36 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: II And XI [IC]

Spoiler: Perun
    Show

Within a second of hearing this Perun has evaluated, is on his feet and is moving. He wordlessly takes the documents. Sorting the relevant from the irrelevant with unerring speed while walking.

My thanks. Please inform Ada, Wherner and Max Hakber. They shall assemble atat PSDH Site One and begin communications with me at their earliest possibilty.

Looking to another functionary as he strode outward he issued another rapid command.

Send word to Command Master Erik Lauder of Stormwarden Company A. Have him ready his forces and send a motive report to me within 30. We have little time availible to us. I will direct them to the correct position when they are ready.

Barking a series of similiar commands Perun leaves his grand but pracital halls of residence and command. He leaps to a prepared vehicle, the sleek black craft whirs to life when he connect his motive force to it and leaps into action. All the while assempling the netwwork needed to deal with this new information, quickly calculating the liklehoods of various ramifications. What signs they had from forgotten histories showed that interstellar life was likely not friendly, but there was no indication diplomacy was impossible. Even as he readied military forces to meet with him close to the point of landing and recieved updates on course and position from an army of engineers he made heading to be at the minimum safe distance from whatever landing positions it's changing vector would bring it to. Knowing it was his duty to make first contact, and be his people's first shield against this unknown threat.

Last edited by JbeJ275; 2020-12-28 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Chase
    Show
    Chase maneuvers around, looking for a good place to land - somewhere close to important-looking buildings, but not so close as to warrant a pre-emptive strike. He needed these people to welcome him as a visitor from the stars, not shoot on sight on the assumption he was there to murder their leaders. He briefly considers whether a female form would be better receives, but dismisses the notion almost immediately - better to be thought well of for being friendly than for being less threatening.

Chase sets the sensors looking for a good place to land.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4

The vessel lands, on the outskirts of the city. Chase manages to get it settled without any more excessive damage, though he knows that it won't be lifting off again without some repairs.

Where the ship lands, there's a half-circle of armed soldiers. Leading them is Perun, armed as well.

The door opens-jerkily, and it clanks loudly to the ground below. The soldiers shift, nervously.

What do you do?

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Perun simply watches the other figure, fixing it with a steely gaze as the metal slides away to reveal a figure behind it. Momentarily he's taken aback by the figure, then swiftly switches to brief attempts to determine it's true nature and the nature of its powers. It would be insufficent but must begin now.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Use Divine Sense on the ship and detecct magic on both the creature and the ship behind it.

6. - Top - End - #6

The humanoid standing before you is no fiend, undead, or other abomination.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Wordlessly, Perun gave a hand signal to his assembeled troops to not ready thier rifles but stay weary. And a nod to Sir Lauder to have him follow closely. Then he withdraws his claws and walks slowly towards this figure.

Hello. Mage traveller from beyond the stars. You have reached the city of Landin and the world of Faradan. Why do you journey here?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Chase's eyes flicked over those that had gathered, then back to the one who'd addressed him. "My ship sustained damage while I was traveling, and I had to make an emergency landing. My apologies for the rather...sudden arrival. If I could trouble you to point me in the direction of some worthwhile mechanics, or a shipyard if available?"

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

I am afraid only a few among our numbder have made expeditions into space, industrial shipyards and the sort are distant. Still man here are capable enough to repair it with time and direction I'm sure. Come. I am Perun Veles, Stormlord of Faradan. You shall be a guest of great honour until your ship is ready. All I ask is that ou come with us in peace, and aid those mechanics who seek to repair your ship. Teling any stories you have from beyond the stars, of magic, science and great mysteries would also be greatly welcome.

10. - Top - End - #10

Perun's attendants look at him, a tad questioningly. They trust him-but he can tell they're a little worried, and want to take precautions.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Perun turns to give a brief look to Lauder, he can likely mtch this figure if the figure acompanies him. But if this figure stays near a ship with unkowable weapon systems countless lives could be claimed. The look therefore simply conveys a desire for him to extend that trust which has been repaid so many times in the past.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Chase considered his words a moment. "Unexpected, but not unworkable. Supplies and repairs can be discussed at greater length later. Nothing to worry about: I'm certainly not looking for a fight," he adds, letting out a small chuckle. Chase gives a cursory inspection before shutting the ship doors and accompanying Perun away from the crash site.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13

Perun's scientific advisor asks of Chase, before the two men leave, "May we examine the ship? Both so we might learn from it, and so we can see how well we can repair it."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Something Chase knows DAMN WELL is innovation, study, and all that jazz is heretical. Very heretical. You follow the procedures laid down by the tech priests and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

After Chase makes his decision on whether or not to allow these strangers to examine his ship, he is led by Perun to a simple meeting room, deep within the bowels of the city, sheltered well from the storms. Only a faint drumbeat of rain can be heard.

Both men can feel something. For Chase, it's a familiar feeling-the same feeling he felt with Leman Russ, Horus, all the other Primarchs-a sense of kinship and belonging. For Perun, it's something new-a sense that this man before him is his equal. While Perun, ever the benevolent type, never tries to make others feel unworthy, he knows he's stronger, and faster, and smarter. But this Chase with him... Is different.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler: GM
    Show

While walking with this figure I send an order to the science teams availible to us to investigate the ship, see if any computerised elemnts are compatible with what we have etcetera.

It is reassuring to hear that. I dont know how your weapon systems differ from ours, but if the gap is as wide as between our spaceflight capabilities you would not be a small issue. So, traveller, what is your name, and where are you from? Pray tell are all from where you hail from alike to you?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Chase waves the techies off with a smile. "Tinker and test away, if it will help." As his attention turns to his apparent-brother-in-arms, recent memories twist it to a grimace. "Chase. Further designation has never really been necessary. Like me? No, I am rather...well, not unique, but...uncommon. I grew up around folk much like the rest of your people - hardworking sorts who were as blessed in spirit as I was in body. Since then I've met others like us...like me, I should say. From time to time" Chase let the slip hang - if the stranger felt this kinship as well, he would assume 'we' was he and Chase; if not, he would assume 'we' referred to Chase and the unspoken others. "And what of you, Peren? Stormlord sounds like a title with an interesting story or two behind it."

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

I would say that succh a story is indeed interesting, though it has only started to become a happy one recently. It is in the hope you can further that I invited you here. You are the first visitor from beyond the stars to arrive here in mu lifetime, though stories as old as this city tell of another time when we came from beyond. I know I would greatly ppreciate any stories you have of worlds beyind this one, of their technologies and of others that stand with apacities unlike those around them. Perhaps we could tell stories in turn?