New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: DrK Crimson Throne IC

"Cow Hammer Boys?" Cassian sniggers. "I think you'll find us tougher to deal with than common cattle, you unwashed lout!"

Initiative: (1d10+3)[13]

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I could only try," Ciraneoth said as he readied his sword, "at least we don't have to search for them, that's also good."

Spoiler: OOC Initiative
    Show

Are you guys using a house rule for initiative, as in Warhammer it's 1d10 + agility.
    (1d10)[4] +56 agility
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei sighed and took cover behind the door frame, 'I don't suppose any of you gentleman would prefer to talk before the fighting starts?'

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Bart rolls his wrist as he readies his sword, taking a lower stance as he prepares to fight. "Time for the Bloodletting then."

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

As the threats fly the fat man moves to strike out at Bart or Cassian and shout can be heard from deeper within the butchers. But the operatives of the guard are faster able to leap in for the attack

OOC
    Anyone with Init 9 or higher goes first
    They are ~3m away from the door you entered by the butcher blocks

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Winfired draws her sword and moves so as to cover the centre and east doors, looking for a way to lock or bar them

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

Anyone with Init 9 or higher goes first
    In other words: Everyone

Cassian 13

Andrei 12

Winifred 11

Ciraneoth 9
    Bart 9
    Last edited by wilphe; 2021-08-11 at 10:49 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ciraneoth decided that if talking time was over, it was best to get his hits in early. Rushing forward, he ran towards the nearest guy and tried to run him through with his sword.

Spoiler: OOC round 1
    Show

I have move 5, so I guess I will be able to get there.
    hit: (1d100)[35] vs BS44 for damage: (1d10+4)[11]

In case I get attacked: Dodge blow: (1d100)[97] vs Ag 56

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei will focus his mind on the fat man to try to yank the cleaver out of his hand.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Initiative 12

Half Action - Move
    Half Action - cast Drop on the fat man

No channeling because of the move

Drop is cast on a 4+, target resists on a Wp test
    (1d10)[9]

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Very well, no more talking then," Cassian says as the thugs raise their cleavers.

With a sniff of irritation, he quickly closes the distance to the larger of the two men and cuts at his torso with his falcata.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half action: Move to engage the fat man
    Half action: Standard Attack vs. WS 52 (1d100)[37]
    Damage (1d10+4)[5]

Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[38]
    (1d10)[7]

Pre-emptive Parry with shield (1d100)[15] vs. 62 (WS 52, Defensive +10)
    Pre-emptive Dodge if attacked by second thug (1d100)[91] vs. 34 (Ag 44, mail shirt -10)

Wounds remaining: 13/13
    Fortune Points remaining: 3/3
    Harrow Points remaining: 0/2
    Last edited by rax; 2021-08-12 at 06:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Winifred moves quickly racing to the door on northern side of the room behind which she can shouts of alarm (the central set of doors) and pulls a wooden locking bar across. Although it may not stop a determined assault it should slow anyone else down. Behind her Andrei looks into the room and whispers a cantrip, figments of chamon and ulghu knitting together into grease that excretes from the hilt of the cleaver as the fatter of the two men loses his grip throwing the cleaver into the corner of the room wedged beside the offal locker.

Its bad timing for the fat man as Cassian is there, the Falacata swinging and slicing a deep gash across his leg leaving the man cursing angrily. Their elf companion is fast, gracefully vaulting one of the salt filled barrels to deliver a stinging blow to the chest of the weaker looking man but he is wiley and manages to duck back darting behind the table leaving Ciraneoth's blade slicing into the table. Karralo (the thinner man) spins looking around carefully as he adopts a defensive stance and slices at the elf. Meanwhile the fatter Parro swings for Cassian with massive meaty fists and the trained blows of a professional thug! THe younger man manages to ctach the elf on the leg, slicing through leather and skin to leave a nasty gash but Cassian is able to avoid one haymaker and take the other savage cross to the face on the small buckler

At the door there is a crash and voices, "Parns, open the door you oaf," and a louder more commanding "YOU fools someone is in there, smash it down"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Karralo
    - parrying stance
    - Attack Ciraneoth (1d100)[8] TN 44 (1d10+4)[6]

Parns Cassian unarmed
    - Attack (1d100)[60] TN 46+10 (streetfighting) = 56 dam (1d10+2)[6]
    - Attack (1d100)[31] TN 46+10 (streetfighting) = 56 dam (1d10+2)[5]

Last edited by DrK; 2021-08-15 at 03:28 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The guy was quickly and knew how to use the terrain, that much became quickly clear. Ciraneoth was not used to fighting in shops and stuff like that and the man managed to hit him with his cleaver, although his leather armour made the blow less dangerous. Cursing, he attacked again, trying to take the man down this time. But first he used a maneuver that he had learned from his sergeant to try and throw the man off guard.

Spoiler: OOC round 2 rolls
    Show

half action: feint: (1d100)[18] opposed WS test. If I win, the next attack can't be parried or dodged.
    half action: attack: (1d100)[45] vs 44, damage: (1d10+4)[6]

first attack against me: dodge blow: (1d100)[29] vs 56

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Winifred looks to see if the east door can be shut in the same way and looks for something to barricade the centre door with, if all else fails she will put her meagre weight against the door to try and hold it shut.

Show

(1d100)[29] Str 33 if necessary

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Cassian bats away the thug's attack and retaliates with a flurry of cuts.

Damn fool, don't you know better than to go unarmed against an armed and armoured warrior? he thinks.

Show
    Edit: Re-rolled second attack in OOC thread - hits on a 40.

Full action: Swift Attack vs. WS 52 (1d100)[81], (1d100)[95]
    Damage (1d10+4)[6], (1d10+4)[10]

(1d100)[49], (1d100)[91]
    (1d10)[8], (1d10)[7]

Pre-emptive Parry with shield (1d100)[76] vs. 62 (WS 52, Defensive +10)
    Pre-emptive Dodge (1d100)[56] vs. 34 (Ag 44, mail shirt -10)

Fortune Points remaining: 2/3
    Harrow Points remaining: 0/2
    Last edited by rax; 2021-08-15 at 04:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Bart hefts his sword up "For once im sick of all the blood. Just Die!

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show

(1d100)[10] Vs 51 attack to nearest thug
    (1d10+5)[6] Damage
    (1d100)[9] Premptive parry

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

'Surrender you idiots' Andrei calls out as he cast the same spell on the second man. He will move towards the doorway to try and help Winifred block it.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Initiative 12

Half Action - Drop on the second man
    Half Action - Move towards Winifred

Drop is cast on a 4+, target resists on a Wp test
    (1d10)[10]

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

The fighting continues in earnest as Bart joins Ciraneoth, both of them surrounding young Karralo who begins to look more fearful, even more so as the whispered petty curse from Andrei causes him to lose the grip on his cleaver sending it skittering to the grimy floor and he staggers back as Bart and Ciraneoth slash him across the leg and the cheek. Nearby Cassian slashes again at fat Parns catching the big man across the forehead with a lucky slice.

The door crashes under the impact of a heavy body as Winifred and Andrei put their weight against it, and despite the wood splintering it holds. A bellow of "Chop the b***rd down.." from the outside is met by the faint rasp of weapons being drawn.

Inside the butchery room both of the men step back, Parns looking with hate at Cassian "When the boss gets here you'll be sorry, he don't like folk muscling in on business" while Karralo drops to his knees in front of Ciraneoth and Barth holding his bloodied leg, a pathetic Please don't kill me, I ain't done it, it were them..."

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Winfred looks at Andrei, I'm not totally sure I want to have my back to this when they start trying to chop it down. She peels off and checks the door to the right and what's behind it.

Show

She ignored the left door because with hoof prints around it it probably led to the animal pen and not further inside. Right door might connect to inside, and that no one has tried it yet does not disprove that because they might just be focused on the obstacle in front of them rather than thinking to go around

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Then stay down," Ciraneoth said to Karralo, before moving to Cassian to help him.

Spoiler: OOC round 3 rolls
    Show

half action: move to Parns
    half action: attack: (1d100)[36] vs 44, damage: (1d10+4)[11]

first attack against me: dodge blow: (1d100)[5] vs 56
    Last edited by farothel; 2021-08-19 at 01:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"We're not here to take your business, wretched oaf, we're here to shut you down!" Cassian hisses back as he presses forward to try and finish Parns.

Show
    Full action: Swift Attack vs. WS 52 (1d100)[63], (1d100)[62]
    Damage (1d10+4)[13], (1d10+4)[7]

(1d100)[45], (1d100)[57]
    (1d10)[8], (1d10)[5]

Pre-emptive Parry with shield (1d100)[60] vs. 62 (WS 52, Defensive +10)
    Pre-emptive Dodge (1d100)[9] vs. 34 (Ag 44, mail shirt -10)

Fortune Points used: 1/3
    Harrow Points used: 2/2

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei doesn't want to risk getting an axe blade in the back either and will look for the heftiest piece of furniture or a chair to wedge in front of the door.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Bart keeps his mouth shut, instead choosing to keep pressing foreword as he brings his own blade down on Parns. Dealing with him first should make the rest a bit easier after all

Show

(1d100)[75] vs 51 WS
    (1d10+5)[7] Damage

(1d100)[53] vs 51 Parry!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Karrlo collapses on the floor, protesting piteously "it weren't me... they made me do it..." as Ciraneoth, Bart and Cassian surround Parns and in a fusillade of blows he takes slashes the chest and arms, Cassian's final blow hacking through his upraised arm and chest as the fat man collapses back clattering bones and fragments of butchered meat falling onto his dead body.

Before they can celebrate too much the door to the north creaks under the impact of a pair of heavy blows, splinters and wood flying as you think it may give at any second. By that door Andrei struggles in vain, the heavy barrel of salt water too much for him to carry. Winifred beside him opens the other door, The air that greets her is stinking and stale filled with the stench of days old meat. Straw litters the floor scattered to catch the drips from the hanging meat that dangle from the ceiling from a dozen large meat hooks secured to the ceiling. At the far end of the room, she can see a low table with more haunches of meat dumped upon it, and what she would guess to be a couple of small barrels of salt.

OOC
    Parns is dead, (outnumbering bonuses help!), Karralo is curled up in a ball on the ground. You have ~ 1 rounds worth of actions before the door breaks down.

Sorry for the recent delay, I ha da lot of work/home stuff going on

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Winifred drops back out of the room into the corner and gets ready to flank whoever comes through the door

Dead End

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Bart, Ciraneoth! Cover the door and stand ready to cut down the first man through. Winifred! Help Andrei and myself move that barrel to block the doors so that only one of them will open. If we can force these Cow Hammer Boys to come through one at a time, they will be easier to deal with!"

OOC: I.e., the door being chopped is a double door. Cassian's idea is to block one of them and force the thugs to come through a half open door.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei finds all this distasteful, but since the pair had refused to surrender. 'Made him do what?' he mutters to himself as he struggles to move the barrel. 'The rumours are all true aren't they?' Once he's finished moving the barrel he'll move closer to Winifred on the flank so he's less likely to be attacked by anyone who comes through the door.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ciraneoth took his bow and put his sword away, ready to take out the first person to come through the door (or the remains of one). He made sure he was standing a bit further away, but for a bow that didn't matter.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

The barrel is rolled in front of one of the doors to block it whilst the other door begins to shudder and splinter from an axe blow, and after 3-4 blows a healthy split appears and you can 4 men on the far side. A glance through is all you get before they vanish from view and the leader shouts through

“oi, basterds, where are my men. And who under Desna’s stars are you? You with her, we said no more for 3 days whilst we ship the rest.”

He takes a breath. “Leave now or me and the lads will bust in there and hang your guts for your garters.”

The door is hanging on by a broken hinge and a prayer so there is no way of saving it so if the fight starts it’s obvious to you all that they can break in easily enough

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Well come on then big man. Let's see how you good you against those that can fight back.

Dave, Wolfgang take your guys and go round the front. Move

Show
    Cassian having conveniently given away his plan and our numbers Winifred decides to spin a line to either:

a) Goad them into doing something rash
    b) Being overawed into surrendering
    c) Splitting their forces against a non-existent force

(1d100)[84] Fel+44

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As soon as he sees a face through the cut down door, Ciraneoth shoots an arrow at that person.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

If Legolas can do it in the mines of Moria, I can try it as well.
    half-action: aim (to get a +10%)
    half-action: shoot: (1d100)[99] vs 66 (and minus cover, but I'll let the GM decide on how much that is).
    for damage: (1d10+3)[5]

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Cassian draws his sword and shield again, positioning himself to help Bart against any man that breaks through.

"Your men are right here, but they decided they'd had enough of fighting for the losing side," Cassian calls back. "Do I have the displeasure of addressing Verik Vancaskerkin, deserter and low grade criminal bullyboy?"