New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: DrK Crimson Throne IC

You've got this? Whose got you?

Winifred moves to keep her unwounded leg forward, hoping to at least distract the thing's attention whilst the real warriors deal with it

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Guarded Attack, so -10 to WS but +10 to dodge

(1d100)[36] WS41-10+20= 51
    (1d10)[2] +3

(1d100)[30] Dodge 47

Last edited by wilphe; 2022-04-14 at 03:26 AM.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ciraneoth kept hitting the skeleton, trying to take it out so he could help with the bear thing, as it seems it did quite a lot of damage. He swung his sword, concentrating on decapitating the skellie.

Spoiler: OOC round 4
    Show

full attack (I have 2 attacks). On the same skeleton if needed, if the first hit kills it, switch to the bear critter of course.
    attack 1: (1d00)[1] vs 44 for damage: (1d10+4)[13]
    attack 2: (1d00)[1] vs 44 for damage: (1d10+4)[10]

free dodge blow: (1d00)[1] vs 56
    free parry: (1d00)[1] vs 54 (44WS +10% defensive)
    Last edited by farothel; 2022-04-14 at 03:54 AM.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Cassian stumbles backward from the ferocious blow, head ringing and blood beginning to pour into his eyes, but he's still in the fight.

Shaking his head to clear his vision, he forces his way back into the melee with a growl.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Swift attack (1d100)[28], (1d100)[9] vs. 72 (WS 52, Outnumbering +20)
    Damage (1d10+4)[14], (1d10+4)[12]

Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[23], (1d100)[30]
    (1d10)[1], (1d10)[3]

Pre-emptive Parry with shield (1d100)[96] vs. 62 (WS 52, Defensive +10)
    Pre-emptive Dodge (1d100)[58] vs. 34 (Ag 44, mail shirt -10)

Wounds remaining: 7/13
    Fortune Points remaining: 2/3

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei will curse and try that again. Getting any closer seemed pointless with the others there.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Magic Dart towards the construct

Channeling test vs. Wp 51 (+10 aetheric attunement)
    (1d100)[60]

Dart (6+ or 5+)
    (1d10)[2]

Any damage
    (1d10+3)[4]

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

There is a flurry of movement beside Cassian and Winifred as the Shoanti, howling his defiance at the skeletal bear beast swings his ae twice more in rapid chops that seek to shatter the bones and cleave off its limbs. He glances at Cassian, eyes wide behind the white bone paint mask, "Do not die here your spirit will not fly free here."

OOC
    Swift attack
    (1d100)[3] TN 63 (WS43+ 20 outnumber) dam (1d10+4)[13]

(1d100)[5] TN 63 (WS43+ 20 outnumber) dam (1d10+4)[6]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

In a brutal flurry of blows the scuffle ends rapidly. In the depths of the first chamber surrounded by the bone pits and the skeletal remains jutting from the muddy walls Cieranoth dodges out of the way of the skeleton before with a pair of blows tears off its legs and stamps down on its skull. Blue lights dimming and winking out in its eyes as the magic aminating leaves its body.

In the entrance tunnel Andrei is still stricken with fear, the requisite focus to pull on the winds of magic eluding him. Ahead of him in a far more corporeal battle Winifred, Cassian and Long Knife battle with the skeletal abomination. Cassian bleeds form the claw to the face and WInifred's leg is a mass of chewed flesh. However between the three of them they batter and smash at the creature. Winifred's blow mostly bouncing off its tough form as the longer sword blade of CAssian and the stout shoanti war axe hit home and limb by limb its dissected before Cassia crushes the thick snouted head...

Blood drops on the floor, the ground seeming to absorb it readily ad Andrei can feel the skeins of dhar rising and flowing with the blood as the rich sacrifice gives to the tomb. From within Cieranoth can hear a faint sound like metal banging on metal, a faint "plink, plink" that comes from deeper within the tomb.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

"Do not die here your spirit will not fly free here."

Winifred breathes heavily, and moves to tie a cloth over her wounding pending a real healer

Should have bought some draughts while you had the chance, silly girl

I wasn't that keen on dying anywhere, but thank you for the warning.

She looks about her

Good work Cieranoth.

Is everyone more or less ok?

Andrei?

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ciraneoth held up a hand to ask for silence while he tried to listen more about what was happening further down.
    "I hear something below," he explained, "metal striking metal. Either a gong of some sort or a smithy. Either way, we can use its noise to approach without being detected I think. But first, let's bind some wounds."
    Taking out his bandages, he went to work, using the tricks he learned so long ago.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

perception to listen more: (1d100)[9] vs 49
    Heal check on Winifred: (1d100)[78] vs 49 (if succes: heal (1d10)[7] wounds) EDIT: used fortune point to reroll in OOC topic and rolled 22, so healing takes place)
    Heal check on Cassian: (1d100)[20] vs 49 (if succes: heal (1d10)[7] wounds)
    As I think I'm the only one with the heal skill, I'll make the checks; If someone else has it, they can roll instead of me.
    Last edited by farothel; 2022-04-18 at 12:56 PM.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"My thanks, Ciraneoth, that beast had some very sharp claws," Cassian says quietly as the elf helps staunch the bleeding wound on his face.

As soon as the bleeding has stopped, Cassian steps further into the room to study it and any exits.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

To Winfred, 'I've been better, but I'm not hurt. At least I can keep the lights on in here.'

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

If I am going to have to spend this much time in melee I had better get good at it.

Winifred sighs ruefully and recovers her lantern after the elf scout is done patching her up

How about you Long Knife in the Dark?
    Last edited by wilphe; 2022-04-19 at 01:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Long knife in the Dark looks at himself where has a few minor abrasions but shakes his head. "The spirts will not take this warrior this day, but you all fight with honour and have gained ji with the Shoan Quah". As the light from the lantern illuminates the floor he crouches down searching around before pointing at the narrow crevice that delves deeper in the the barrow. "Tracks, many, I cannot say if its few people many times or many just once."

Glancing at the wounded Cassian and Winifred he asks, "Are you able to continue. No shame in hanging back, your spirit flying free need not be today."

For Andrei, Winifred, Cassian and Cieranoth the ossuary is depressing, mud walls with empty eye sockets staring out and long bony hands dangling. The path further in cuts through a narrow opening and there is a still faint sound of metal banging faintly on metal occasionally from deeper within the warren of tunnels. Andrei can feel his hair standing on edge as he can almost imagine the cold gelid feelings of the strands of shysh flowing past his feet.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

I shall be fine thank you

Winifred does however return to her position with Andrei at the rear with her bow out

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Taking the lead again, Ciraneoth moves forward, cautiously. Any of the bones could suddenly animate apparently, so moved at a slow pace to check, while also keeping an eye (and an ear) out for anything further down. He also tried to move as quietly as possible so not to give away their position.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

perception: (1d100)[18] vs 49 if hearing, 59 if seeing.
    silen move: (1d100)[8] vs 56 (I doubt this counts as rural, so Rover won't count; if it does, vs 66)

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"It's nothing - a cataphract of Taldor does not abandon the field at the first sign of blood," Cassian mutters in reply to Long Knife.

Speaking softly to the others, he comments on the sound of metal on metal. "It sounds like someone's hard at work further in. If we can find them, perhaps they can be persuaded to show us where we can find what we're looking for..."

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei is going to look for any pattern in the aether that might allow him to notice other examples of the animated dead before they stumbled across them.

Show

Magical Sense vs. Wp 51 (+10 Aetheric Attunement)
    (1d100)[7]

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

A brief pause and some bandages mean the group is soon ready to plunge further in. The Shoanti scout joining Ciernaoth in the vanguard as they scout ahead, the elf's eyes and ear hyper alert to danger. Hi sharp eyes also notice as they traverse the narrow pathway some 4ft wide a small concealed door into a tunnel that even a halfling would struggle to fit in heading to the east (as you approach form the north).

the tunnel you are in soon splits in two, angling o the SE and the SW but the sound you can hear is from the SW. Cieranoth, moving like a ghost advances some 10 yards in front of the others shadowed by the Shoan Qua hunter to where the narrow tunnel ends and opens slightly into a larger cabin some 12 yards across. Its lit by a low low flickering lamp of dull green and is rank with the smell of sweat and mud. From the edge of the entrance Cieranoth can see four filthy pallets and a low table covered with what appears to be a crude clay maze. Crouched around it are 4 thin halfling or gnome like creatures, that have been twisted into a horrible new form. Their skin is a pale, sickly bluish color, while their hair and milky eyes are pure white in color. Their eyes bulge from their head, giving them a frantic appearance.

They crouch around the maze occasioally plunging a set of metal pliers or a small hammer into with a "tinging" noise. Engrossed in their game they are unawre of the stealthy scouts

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ciraneoth withdraws and motions for the group to go back a little bit. When they are far enough that whispers can't be heard in the cabin, he explains what he has seen and hopes someone knows what kind of creature these are. He also points out the little side tunnel, although they won't be going in that for now, just so the rear guards are aware that something might come up.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Can we talk to them?

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

'We can try. Assuming they want to talk to us.'

Show

Lore test passed in the ooc if it helps

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"I would say they have no business here, in a place meant for the dead to rest in peace," Cassian mutters in reply. "But if they can be persuaded to tell us where Mortimer is and where Gaekhan's body has been taken, then they may be more use to us alive than dead. It is a risk, though - if we give them the chance, they may sound the alarm..."

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

Once Andrei has heard a description, 'They sound like Derro, or what happens when Dwarves spend way too long underground. I don't know what they're doing here but they're probably unpleasant to talk to even if they don't try to attack us.'

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

You want me to try?

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    You want me to try?
    'Only if you take someone with you.'

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

ALL of you

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I can cover you with my bow from a distance," Ciraneoth said, "if you do try to talk to them, try to trick them into boasting about what's going on here. That way we can learn stuff."

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"I have my doubts about this, but if the rest of you wish to abandon the element of surprise, I will not gainsay it. If I may make a suggestion, you could perhaps persuade these creatures that we are allies of Mortimer - perhaps new recruits?" Cassian suggests quietly.

Readying himself, he makes sure his shield is securely strapped to his arm and his sword ready.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Winifred puts her game face on and does her best to appear carefree before she rounds the corner and approaches, her colleagues hopefully following behind her.

Acting innocently interested in their game she approaches and watches until one of them notices her Hail friends, sorry to disturb you, we are looking for Mortimer

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ciraneoth followed, his bow in his hand. He made sure he could see them, but remained a bit at the back. He wasn't sure if talking would work, but it was worth a try. And maybe they could get some extra information on what was happening further down.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "I have my doubts about this, but if the rest of you wish to abandon the element of surprise, I will not gainsay it. If I may make a suggestion, you could perhaps persuade these creatures that we are allies of Mortimer - perhaps new recruits?" Cassian suggests quietly.

Readying himself, he makes sure his shield is securely strapped to his arm and his sword ready.
    'If all else fails perhaps they'll respond to threats.'