New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: DrK Crimson Throne IC

Seeing his newfound ally draw his sword, the Dwarf takes that to mean it's time to go in.

He runs down the alley as fast as his short, dwarven legs can take him, but because they couldn't get close enough he is not yet able to make it into the fight.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Run 9 yards. Short, stubby legs.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

As Giggles slumps to the ground Winifred moves to catch him, partially to make sure he doesn't make too much noise. She relieves him of his bow and quiver then cuts his belt loop and breaches and if no one else takes his flail she will. For good measure she'll then take his knife and any coin purse. How long will that last?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei grins as his spell actually works. 'Not long. We best get a move on.' Maybe he could tap him again when he showed signs of waking up.

Spoiler
    Show

He's asleep for (1d10)[8] rounds.

So a minute and a half

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

As the group moves down the parallel street, Cassian readies himself for combat, pulling up his coif, equipping his shield and drawing his sword. Fortunately, Andrei's magic succeeds and the need for immediate bloodshed is averted.

Jogging across the street, he joins Andrei and Winifred. "Well done, Andrei. It looks like your Acadamae training paid off," he compliments the wizard. "We need to get in off the street and advance while we have the element of surprise. Drag the half-orc inside. If there's time, we can use his belt to tie him up. If not, a firm crack to the head should keep him down a while longer."

With that, he steps inside the building...
    Last edited by rax; 2021-01-11 at 06:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

'This is the least an actual wizard would be capable of.' He'll help with the unconscious body.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Between Cassian and Andrei they easily drag Giggles in through the door that swings open easily enough. The room they enter smells strongly of fish despite the 2 guttering yellowish candles on the walls that try and fight the stench. A single desk sits in the middle of the room with a moldy chair pushed up against it. A small pile of ratty furs and straw is heaped in the corner.

4 Doors lead from the room, one to the right(East), two straight ahead and one to the left (west). To the left there is the noise of liquid splattering, wooden wheels grinding and a crack of a whip and a high pitched squeal. Of the doors straight ahead, the right hand one sounds like some intimate activity occurring and there is no sound from the other doors.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Winfred checks the desk for anything notable, such as documents and keys, or valuable

Straight on, or deal with whoever that is whilst they are distracted? she nod her head to the right

Show
    [roll][1d100[/roll] Search +41

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    (1d100)[55] Search +41

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Evelina Ardei, Mercenary of the Nail
    Sheet

Mercenary
    Player: Deadguy

Evelina drew her mace and shield with practiced ease as they entered the doors. The polearm was a far better tool outside the confines of buildings. Any struggles in here would be up close and personal.

"Better we take out any threats than bypass them. If or when the alarm is sounded, we don't want to be stuck in the middle of responding forces." Her voice was low as she motioned to either one of the doors with sounds coming from them.

Spoiler: OOC: Checks
    Show
    Free Action: Draw mace and shield
    Perception TN 49 (1d100)[45]
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2021-01-12 at 08:51 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

"That one first," Cassian nodding to the door to the right. Readying his sword and shield he looks over at Winifred*. "Open it!" he stage whispers.

*Or anyone else that doesn't have both hands full and feel like being first through he door...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Finishing her quick search Winifred moves over to the door brandishing Giggles's flail in the hope that whoever is behind there recognises it and realises he's been dealt with. She then slowly and quietly tries to open the door to see if it is locked or barred and if it isn't quickly opens it and immediately sidesteps to allow those behind to come in

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

As they drag Giggles into the building, the dwarf also moves into the building, albeit a bit slower than the humans he finds himself currently allied with. His shield and hammer at the ready, he assumes a defensive position at the indicated door and nods that he is ready.

As the door opens, he steps into the room ready for a good, old-fashioned brawl.

Show
    Perception: (1d100)[89] vs TN 53

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Winifred tries the door, ignoring the sounds from beyond it. Its unlocked and then seconds later she throws it open for Cassian, Evelina and Bardin can rush in. A wooden desk sits in one corner of the room, its side preventing a shabby door from opening (one you realise must lead to the walkway on the western side that goes over the water).The table is heaped with dozens of slate boards covered chalk scrawls whilst to the East a small bed is occupied.

As you kick open the door you look directly at the bed, creaking as a fat overweight and thoroughly unpleasant looking blonde man is occupied with a much younger female companion.

As you throw open the door his eyes widen, a roar of anger "By the gods, I'll have you flayed!" then as he see's how many of you there are his eyes dart towards a cluster of glass flasks on the desk and the thin rapier by the bed

OOC:

Initiative is...

Ruond 1: (Very surprised) all he players go
    Round 2: Cassian, Evilina, Yagrin (Bad guy), rest of the party

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Winifred steps forward and plants her foot firmly on top of the rapier, Or you could be quiet and we might not kill you. brandishing Giggle's flail meaningfully. What's it to be?

Show

(1d100)[92]

Don't what is appropriate
    Intimidate would be 17
    Charm would be 22

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    "By the gods, I'll have you flayed!" then as he see's how many of you there are his eyes dart towards a cluster of glass flasks on the desk and the thin rapier by the bed
    'No you won't' Andrei says 'Now shut up or having your body dumped in the harbor will be the least of your worries.' He'll address the woman in the bed, 'You ok Miss?'

Spoiler
    Show

I have charm, but I have no reason to be nice
    Intimidate vs. Str 36 / 2
    (1d100)[92]

Common Lore (Korvosa) to recognise him
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[62]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Cassian holds his sword at the fat man's throat. "Roll off the bed and onto your knees. Then place your hands behind your head and shuffle over to that wall. If you speak without permission, well...you heard my companions."

"Take custody of the rapier and those vials," he instructs the nearest of his allies.

OOC: Assuming this goes off without any trouble, the idea is to tie up Yargin and knock him out.

DrK, do we need to use Strike to Stun to knock Yargin out or can that be done automatically?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Evelina Ardei, Mercenary of the Nail
    Sheet

Mercenary
    Player: Deadguy

Evelina tapped her mace against the shield to draw the man's attention away from the weapons.

"Do you really think that's a wise idea? If I have to subdue you physically, I'll have to make a report to the Order. Do you know what the Order of the Nail does to sexual deviants... rapists, pedophiles, you're all the same to us... Imagine your genitals are one of those lizard skewers they sell across the street. I'd rather not have to make the report just as much as you'd rather have use of your manhood, so do as they ask."

Her tone was flat, completely detached and matter-of-fact. Her scarred face was stern as she waited to see his choice.

Spoiler: OOC: Checks
    Show

Common Knowledge (Korvosa) TN 39 (1d100)[65]
    Intimidate TN 51 (1d100)[65]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Yagrin tumbled backwards across the bed, clothes in disarray as he pushed the girl out of the bed sprawling onto the floor to block Cassian and Winifred's advance. As the clamour of noise and shouting assailed him it was the cold, calculating threat from Evelina that cowed him. Grasping at his trousers and holding them in one hand he snarled at the advancing Initiate and the others. "Who by Gorums' Iron balls are you. get out, do you not who I work for, you'll be dead by dawn you common scum..." Despite the defiant words its clear there is no fight in him, despite his eyes scanning the glass vial atop the desk, his rapier out of reach as Cassian kicks it out reach.

The girl scrambles to her feet, a sheet to hide her modesty and a panicked, "Please, I don;t have nothing, he don't even pay the proper rates. Don't kill me, if you want to rob 'em its in the desk..."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Winifred takes her foot off the rapier and adds it to her collection before scooping the vial off the desk and taking a look inside the drawers Relax my love we are not here for you. if she finds any money in the desk she will toss the girl a crown You didn't see anything. Get dressed and go home, careful there's a bit of a riot outside

She turns her attention to Yagrin We're not here for you either; we have business with your boss. Where might we find him please?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    "Who by Gorums' Iron balls are you. get out, do you not who I work for, you'll be dead by dawn you common scum..." Despite the defiant words its clear there is no fight in him, despite his eyes scanning the glass vial atop the desk, his rapier out of reach as Cassian kicks it out reach.
    'Common?' Andrei is amused 'Doesn't seem the type of person who'd work for Lamm somehow.' To Yagrin, 'How much does he pay? Or is it rather that he has dirt on you?' He'll take one of the glass vials and hold it up to the light to see if he recognised it.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Academic Knowledge Magic to identify the vials
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[45]

Unless Common Knowledge (Korvosa) works better

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah I like to consider myself very uncommon scrum thank you very much

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

The girl grabs the golden crown offered and throws on a simple and cheap looking dress before scampering out of the door with barely a backward glance.

Yagrin sneers at you all, still not fully cowed despite the numbers and being unclothed. "If you're not common, you must be stupid. My employer won't be stand to be robbed.

As he speaks Andrei looks around the desk and realises the three glass vials are filled with a potent alchemical acid and feels as strange swirl of chamon from the desk drawer. Pulling open the door, much the Yagrins chargrin he finds a strange short metallic wand with twisted sigils on the side...

Spoiler
    Show

Wand of Acid Splash
    Functions as a S2 magic missile (that always reduces AP by 1 on the location it hits)

Power (1d10) CN 5 on a 1 it depletes for ~ 24 hours
    One can attune one self to a wand by making a WP test (or channelling if better). A critical failure on that test breaks the wand.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Yagrin glares at the party with unconcealed hatred and contempt as his arms and legs are bound with his own bed sheets before a solid blow with a sword hilt renders him unconscious.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

"Two down and no indication that we've been discovered yet. This is going well, I think," Cassian congratulates the group.

"We don't know where Lamm is hiding, so advancing further without securing the other rooms in this area is an unnecessary risk. We should back out and inspect where the door next to this one and the one to the east go. It seems clear that the western door leads to some sort of work area and that there are more people there."

Backing out into the office, Cassian points to the eastern door and speaks in a quiet voice. "I suggest we try that one first. From the shape and size of the building, it should be the last space in that direction."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Winifred slings the flail and rapier over her shoulder, giving a brief look to see how Giggles is doing.

We want to put him in with the other one? Keep him out the way? she asks.

East door is fine for me. Same drill as before.

When they are ready she will try the easternmost door in the same manner

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei grimaces at the sight of the wand, 'Now who left a nasty thing like that lying around. I'll take it off your hands so no one gets hurt.' He'll pocket the vials and the wand.

He is still not entirely confident that Lamm was even here, but they were committed now, To Cassian, 'Let's try and do it quietly then. I'd rather not have anyone coming in behind us.'

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Yagrin, tied, bound and knocked out with a sharp rap to the head is dumped beside Giggles. Heading to the eastern door Winifred pulls open the door...

To nothing. In the small there is a stench from the chamber pot and then 2 rickety and filthy bunk beds. All 4 beds show signs of use and the floor is covered with rough clothing and a shoddy looking shortbow hangs from one of the bedposts

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Yagrin, tied, bound and knocked out with a sharp rap to the head is dumped beside Giggles.
    Show
    I meant the other way around so there would be no one left in A4 which seems to be the main entrance
    Last edited by wilphe; 2021-01-15 at 05:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

If there are no other doors from this room Winfired will take the shoddy shortbow and head to the middle door for the same deal

Someone else want to take this bow? Gives us options

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

"Not I, miss Winifred. I will face my enemies as it behooves a knight - blade in hand," Cassian replies.

Raising his sword and shield, he waits for her to open the next door. "Ready when you are."

OOC: I.e. the second door opposite the entrance to A4.