New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: LA Assignment Thread X: New Year, New Management, Same Old Unplayable Monsters

Sure, LA +0 for the entomber. But it really only has the one ability, which can probably be a fairly reliable instant win for it (though freedom of movement, once again, screws it over). Otherwise, the ability modifiers are a little below par for an 8-HD melee monster, but the natural armor is pretty high, and the DR isn't nothing. But, if not for that one potent attack, this would be an easy -0 for me.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LA Assignment Thread X: New Year, New Management, Same Old Unplayable Monsters

I am disappointed by many things about this creature, but most of all that Entomber Assassins aren’t called Inhumers.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I am disappointed by many things about this creature, but most of all that Entomber Assassins aren’t called Inhumers.
    Exhumors It's a triple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Exhumors It's a triple!
    Sir Prachett would totally have made a joke like that wouldn't he?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #515

8 HD? CR 5?

-0 from me. if it had less HD it might be +0.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    Then there's its namesake ability, Entomb.
    Which I like to imagine as basically that cartoon thing where they pound someone on the head and they're driven into the ground to the neck like a giant nail. The actual rules make it pretty clear that this isn't what happens, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    8 bad RHD is a hefty price. But Entomb/Exhume are legitimately cool, seem like they would be fun to use, and are potentially quite powerful in the right circumstance. And the stats are good. A very tentative +0 from me.

How would you guys optimize Entomb? Is there a way to bypass the 8 Hardness limitation? I don't think adamantine cuts it, since you're not sundering a weapon or attacking an object (although actually, if you did either of those with your slam - and made your slam adamantine somehow - I think there's an argument to be made that the object/weapon gets Entombed regardless the hardness of the ground). I think the Mountain Hammer line of strikes might work, though. And there's always stone to mud and similar effects...
    Beast Strike feat will let you add your slam and its entomb rider to your unarmed strike so taking City Brawler barbarian at level 9 along with beast strike is a decent choice and works well with crusader. Bloodstorm Blade with Whirlwind Attack seems like a pretty amusing choice for entomber, 'throw' your unarmed strike at everyone and entomb them. Seems pretty similar to a tripper build that might be a fair comparison point. I will go +0 LA.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by liquidformat View Post
    Beast Strike feat will let you add your slam and its entomb rider to your unarmed strike so taking City Brawler barbarian at level 9 along with beast strike is a decent choice and works well with crusader. Bloodstorm Blade with Whirlwind Attack seems like a pretty amusing choice for entomber, 'throw' your unarmed strike at everyone and entomb them. Seems pretty similar to a tripper build that might be a fair comparison point. I will go +0 LA.
    That, er, that feat's a Dragon Magazine feat though.

Extended sig here.

9. - Top - End - #519

-0 It is a neat gimmick but its a lot of bad HD to swallow. You cannot get 9ths as an initiator and that the best path for you. There is not enough there.
    Last edited by Efrate; 2021-02-24 at 09:50 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, by the way, Clerics have FoM by now, while Wizards, Druids, and Sorcerers have been using Heart of Water for the past three levels or so. Plus, your save bonuses are going to be horrible(forget Disintegrate, your Reflex saves aren't much better), ray spells still hit you effortlessly, and you really could have been something else instead of this. Like, say, an ogre. Heck, the ogre probably does better damage because of the larger size and likely twice the hit points.

Honestly "oh it has high natural armor and Str, clearly it must be good" is half the reason why casters are so overtuned in the first place.

Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oh, by the way, Clerics have FoM by now, while Wizards, Druids, and Sorcerers have been using Heart of Water for the past three levels or so. Plus, your save bonuses are going to be horrible(forget Disintegrate, your Reflex saves aren't much better), ray spells still hit you effortlessly, and you really could have been something else instead of this. Like, say, an ogre. Heck, the ogre probably does better damage because of the larger size and likely twice the hit points.

Honestly "oh it has high natural armor and Str, clearly it must be good" is half the reason why casters are so overtuned in the first place.
    I feel like comparing anything like this to Tier 1 optimised casters is kinda pointless, though? The reason there's a 'compare to Tier 3 or near-as' general baseline is that basically nothing looks worthwhile compared to a RAW-optimised Cleric or Wizard.

I'm voting +0. It's usable as a brawler if you've got ways to increase the number of slams it's making, which various people have proposed.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

I think it was less "this compares poorly to T1" and more "the casters are using touch attacks against your Natural Armor" and "Freedom of Movement makes Entomb pointless".

But how many FoMs is the cleric going to be packing? Plus, not every encounter is going to include a cleric anyway. Remember we're rating these as potential PCs, not encounters. Pointing out individual spells that can counter you is kinda like saying a Human Illusionist is bad because True Seeing exists.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2021-02-24 at 10:24 AM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Nitpick: I would arguably say that illusionists are bad examples because you still have five other schools of magic to pull from anyways.

Of course, "Beguilers are useless because True Seeing and Mind Blank exist" isn't that great of an argument either.

Also yes, my point was more "the casters are using touch attacks against your Natural Armor" and "Freedom of Movement makes Entomb pointless" than "t1 casters". How (un)common are those in other classes, actually? Caster types still often have abilities your natural armor won't help with, at the least, and you're not much more protected from them than literally any other undead we've done so far.

Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Is it possible for an entomber to repeatedly entomb itself so that it can tunnel downward quickly?
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

...Can you make natural attacks in a pin? Don't think so at least, but if you can... maybe?

Not sure how useful that actually would be, but at least it sounds hilarious.

Extended sig here.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

...Can you make natural attacks in a pin? Don't think so at least, but if you can... maybe?

Not sure how useful that actually would be, but at least it sounds hilarious.
    You can definitely make natural attacks while grappling someone. And you can use *their* weapon while pinning, but weirdly, not your own?
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB
    You can make an attack with an unarmed strike, natural weapon, or light weapon against another
    character you are grappling.
    (...)
    You can attempt to damage your opponent with an opposed
    grapple check, you can attempt to use your opponent’s weapon
    against him, or you can attempt to move the grapple
    (...)
    You can’t draw or use a weapon (against the pinned character or
    any other character), escape another’s grapple, retrieve a spell
    component, pin another character, or break another’s pin while you
    are pinning an opponent.
    So it might need to be two entombers working together?
    Last edited by NotInventedHere; 2021-02-24 at 11:18 AM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

See, I don't think it is good. I'm it's damage won't keep up with a comparable front line. It's hp and saves are trash compared to a front line. It's comparison point is a spiked chain lockdown fighter. Which is t5.. the only other comparison that might be comparable is stunning fist focused monk... But I have to compare this to a crusader, warblade or totemist. Crusader and warblade you are dealing far less damage and won't hit ninth level maneuvers. You have higher armor class, which is good, but only slightly. You have far fewer natural attacks and your grapple is lower than the others. All you have is entomb. I would take entomb over three soulmelds, and probably over most of the stances. But. That's where it stops. So it compares favorably to totemist, maybe? I think that at level 11, with it having three class levels I would enjoy it over a totemist. But what is totemist's tier even?
    If totemist is a comparable tier, then my vote doesn't change. If it is not, then I might have to go -0.
    Speech is a concern as a pc, but various sign languages exist, and you can play charades until the DM caves. Not to mention you might be able to speak if your mouth is unbound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Which I like to imagine as basically that cartoon thing where they pound someone on the head and they're driven into the ground to the neck like a giant nail. The actual rules make it pretty clear that this isn't what happens, but still.
    This is exactly how I picture it also, and I'll cement my vote for +0

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falontani View Post
    See, I don't think it is good. I'm it's damage won't keep up with a comparable front line. It's hp and saves are trash compared to a front line. It's comparison point is a spiked chain lockdown fighter. Which is t5.. the only other comparison that might be comparable is stunning fist focused monk... But I have to compare this to a crusader, warblade or totemist. Crusader and warblade you are dealing far less damage and won't hit ninth level maneuvers. You have higher armor class, which is good, but only slightly. You have far fewer natural attacks and your grapple is lower than the others. All you have is entomb. I would take entomb over three soulmelds, and probably over most of the stances. But. That's where it stops. So it compares favorably to totemist, maybe? I think that at level 11, with it having three class levels I would enjoy it over a totemist. But what is totemist's tier even?
    If totemist is a comparable tier, then my vote doesn't change. If it is not, then I might have to go -0.
    Speech is a concern as a pc, but various sign languages exist, and you can play charades until the DM caves. Not to mention you might be able to speak if your mouth is unbound.
    Isn't Totemist like, tier 4 or something?

Extended sig here.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Isn't Totemist like, tier 4 or something?
    Totemist is definitely T3, Incarnate is the T4 meldshaper IIRC. Totemists get all sorts of attack and mobility options; enough to compete on level ground with the martial initiators. Incarnates get lots of utility options and have excellent day-to-day flexibility, but lack the combat power of Totemists' soulmelds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Totemist is definitely T3, Incarnate is the T4 meldshaper IIRC. Totemists get all sorts of attack and mobility options; enough to compete on level ground with the martial initiators. Incarnates get lots of utility options and have excellent day-to-day flexibility, but lack the combat power of Totemists' soulmelds.
    Oh yeah that makes sense.

Honestly the Entomber still doesn't really seem worth it, does the math check out?

Extended sig here.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

11 Natural Armor with no Dexterity penalty is not "slightly" higher or "slightly" good. You are nearly immune to any non-Touch Attack roll with a 60% or less chance of hitting a normal character, which is the majority of damage taken in most campaigns. DMs, last I checked, weren't in the habit of throwing piles of caster-type monsters and Touch Attacks at people. And your saves aren't terrible. Your Will save is ridiculous compared to a normal Crusader, you have no disadvantage to Reflex saves, and 80% or more of Fortitude saves in the game do nothing to you.

Note again that Entomb is a rider. Without usage limits. Meaning that going for an Initiator gives you a save-or-lose on every single Strike. Against the infamously-reliable Reflex save. It takes a CR 20 Old Red Dragon to get to 50% chance of failure for your listed-on-the-statblock DC of 16. You are literally more needy of Attack roll bonuses than save DC against most of the game, and still get a +3 there. This is not Chain Tripping, you are actually doing damage in the process, even if it is not excellent damage.

And two Maneuver levels is not exactly insurmountable. The difference between Elder and Ancient Mountain Hammer is 6d6 damage, which is easily made up with dragging out an extra turn or two of combat, which is what Entomb is for. You miss out on +10 DR/Adamantine from Adamantine Bones vs Iron Bones, but you're getting hit by non-Touch attack rolls much less than half as often as a normal character, so for things DR matters for you're still taking vastly less damage.

Overall, it seems you trade something like a third of an Initiator's normal damage at most and about as much durability to relatively few things for doubling or more your durability to everything else and a decently reliable waste of at least three turns as rider to all Strikes.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

A better comparison might actually be Warlock. Entomb is comparable to Noxious Blast (one of the best invocations period); Noxious Blast has a better duration (much better if they can teleport out) but still allows move actions, targets a stronger save, creatures can be immune to it, and it's affected by SR unless you invested a feat. Plus, the Entomber gets Entomb 3 levels earlier. The Entomber's natural armor is much better protection than Entropic Ward or Darkness against attacks, but doesn't help against touch spells and can't shelter party members. Both have relatively low BAB, but comparatively good to-hit (high STR and targeting touch AC respectively). The Warlock gets dimension door and/or flight; the Entomber has a burrow speed. The Warlock has range, but if they want to be making multiple SOLs per round they need to be in melee anyway (Eldritch Claws and Eldritch Glaive are both melee), and the Entomber has better HP and melee durability forgot about Eldritch Chain/Eldritch Cone; Warlock has better range period.

The Warlock will have more tricks, but the Entomber can make those up with Incarnum and/or ToB because the Entomber came online earlier. The Warlock has much better range without Bloodstorm Blade/blood wind tricks, but all in all I think the Entomber compares well enough for +0.
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2021-02-24 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    Is it possible for an entomber to repeatedly entomb itself so that it can tunnel downward quickly?
    Entomb doesn't actually say how deep you are putting said creature underground beyond shallow grave which is technically anything under 6' deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Note again that Entomb is a rider. Without usage limits. Meaning that going for an Initiator gives you a save-or-lose on every single Strike.
    I am confused what you are trying to insinuate here, it seems like you are trying to claim entomb works on any attack you make since it is a rider. However, it expressly only works on its slam attack. Sure as an initiator I can use any strike maneuver I want on my slam but its still a slam attack at the end of the day.

That, er, that feat's a Dragon Magazine feat though.
    I keep forgetting that beast strike isn't in one of the eberron books, that does make it less good. However, if Dragon Mag feats are in play its still a great option.

A psychic Warrior tripper is probably the best comparison point which is tier 3 and has similar function. I am not familiar enough with psychic warrior to do a full blown comparison. However reading through the handbook, I lean towards the psychic warrior. If we have say wolf totem Barbarian 2/psychic warrior 6 I believe the psychic warrior is tripping at least as often if not more so, doing more damage, with a +2 con mod has similar hp, and depending on its power choice either has similar ac or is much much more versatile in and out of combat than the entomber.

Similarly Totemist is clearly a better all around choice than the entomber they can be a really nasty natural attack blender doing much more damage on days they are setup for for combat then set themselves up to be a skill monkey the next day when you are searching for clues on your next mission.

Running through everything I think entomber has a slight advantage over tier 4 and 5 classes and seems slightly under par compared to most tier 3 classes though only slightly. That seems like +0 territory to me.
    Last edited by liquidformat; 2021-02-24 at 03:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    11 Natural Armor with no Dexterity penalty is not "slightly" higher or "slightly" good. You are nearly immune to any non-Touch Attack roll with a 60% or less chance of hitting a normal character, which is the majority of damage taken in most campaigns. DMs, last I checked, weren't in the habit of throwing piles of caster-type monsters and Touch Attacks at people. And your saves aren't terrible. Your Will save is ridiculous compared to a normal Crusader, you have no disadvantage to Reflex saves, and 80% or more of Fortitude saves in the game do nothing to you.

Note again that Entomb is a rider. Without usage limits. Meaning that going for an Initiator gives you a save-or-lose on every single Strike. Against the infamously-reliable Reflex save. It takes a CR 20 Old Red Dragon to get to 50% chance of failure for your listed-on-the-statblock DC of 16. You are literally more needy of Attack roll bonuses than save DC against most of the game, and still get a +3 there. This is not Chain Tripping, you are actually doing damage in the process, even if it is not excellent damage.

And two Maneuver levels is not exactly insurmountable. The difference between Elder and Ancient Mountain Hammer is 6d6 damage, which is easily made up with dragging out an extra turn or two of combat, which is what Entomb is for. You miss out on +10 DR/Adamantine from Adamantine Bones vs Iron Bones, but you're getting hit by non-Touch attack rolls much less than half as often as a normal character, so for things DR matters for you're still taking vastly less damage.

Overall, it seems you trade something like a third of an Initiator's normal damage at most and about as much durability to relatively few things for doubling or more your durability to everything else and a decently reliable waste of at least three turns as rider to all Strikes.
    Chain Tripping deals damage, and is a two handed weapon, thus allowing them to deal great damage (its not ubercharger damage).
    Dragons are usually one of the worst high CR opponents to compare ref saves to. Most of them have a 10 dexterity, while having a high CR by comparison. Usually if you want to compare ref saves to CR you want to compare to Monstrous Humanoids, Magical Beasts, and Outsiders. I am not saying that it won't proc often, it will. But Old Red Dragons are a very bad comparison point here. The Balor at CR 20 will fail the same DC only on a natural 1. The Chronotryn from Fiend Folio is a CR 19 Magical Beast and would only fail the listed DC on a natural 1. The Jackal Lord at CR 8 has a 50% chance of failure. Sure there are high CR enemies that will fail their save, but you can find that with any saving throw.

But the main thing here that we need to talk about is the defense.

1. You are immune to many status afflictions
    2. You have DR 5 against a somewhat rare material
    3. You have +11 natural armor
    These add up significantly; however you also have
    1. Dangers that other creatures do not face, namely the many anti undead tactics, which there are more of than anti humanoid tactics simply by virtue of there being drastically more undead.
    2. Your Hit points are tanked hard. Now I have in the past been one to say that it usually doesn't matter too much when it comes to undead hit points. And usually it doesn't. However unlike many of the undead that I have stated this with, comparing the Entomber to a same leveled Crusader. Your will save is great! But it doesn't matter since your immune to probably 90% of will saves. Your fort save is trash, but it doesn't matter since your immune to probably 90% of fort saves. Your ref is the same as the crusader. Your touch ac is the same as the crusader. Meaning against Reflex saves and touch attacks you are as vulnerable as the crusader, except the crusader has their Hit Point buffer. Let's compare level 9. 8d12 + 1d10, average to 67 hit points. A human crusader with a starting 14 con will have a +2 con item at the very least. 9d10+27 is an average of 85 hit points. that his 18 hit points, or on average 5d6 worth of damage.

Monsters in your campaigns seem to favor direct attacks, however not all campaigns are treated similarly. In the campaign I am running, spellcasters usually end up as Boss monsters, yes. But at around level 11-13 I start including weaker spellcasters that have third level spells and reserve feats. (I like using Fiery Burst with my trash mobs)
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: LA Assignment Thread X: New Year, New Management, Same Old Unplayable Monsters

This probably shows how little we use FoM in our games, but would that negate being buried and requiring actions to be dug out?

Does FoM make you immune to cave-ins etc?

Not trying to be funny, just honestly not sure.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    This probably shows how little we use FoM in our games, but would that negate being buried and requiring actions to be dug out?

Does FoM make you immune to cave-ins etc?

Not trying to be funny, just honestly not sure.
    RAW, yes FOM would make you immune. FOM makes you immune to a 5x5x5 adamantine box room without doors or windows.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

RAW, yes FOM would make you immune. FOM makes you immune to a 5x5x5 adamantine box room without doors or windows.
    This seems to be dependent on reading it as "you can move normally regardless of literally anything that would say otherwise". It definitely protects against grapples and magic that impedes movement, for sure. I'd agree that it lets you ignore difficult terrain - it obviously works on how water impedes your movements, after all. I do not agree that it gives you effective incorporeality - it only lets you auto-succeed on Escape Artist checks to resist/escape grapples, not on the kind of Escape Artist checks that let you squeeze through walls of force.

A bit more to the point, even if we agreed that it's RAW (which we don't), we can at least agree that it's definitely not RAI, and in a thread based around assigning LA to monsters with no RAW LA, interpreting monster abilities based on how they interact with pure RAW instead of RAI seems counterintuitive to me. Interpreting Entomber on the assumption that RAW FoM is in play isn't being fair to Entomber, because any DM that plays with "by RAW, FoM is cave-in immunity" isn't going to allow you to play an Entomber in the first place because they don't have LA.

Currently Running WW/Mafia: flat_footed's Fallout 3: Forecast--Rapidly Changing Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

The Warlock will have more tricks, but the Entomber can make those up with Incarnum and/or ToB because the Entomber came online earlier. The Warlock has much better range without Bloodstorm Blade/blood wind tricks, but all in all I think the Entomber compares well enough for +0.
    False; undead really can’t use Incarnum as well as living creatures.

Extended sig here.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think this really counts against the Entomber considering how narrow it is anyways, but do Boots of Sidestepping help against the Entomb ability? It requires a Reflex save, and the boots let you take a 5 ft. step as an immediate action when exposed to such effects - and if you get outside the area of the attack, it's negated. Wouldn't help against the actual slam, I think, and there's like a bazillion other options for that slot(assuming your target has magic items in the first place, or for that matter feet), but it just seems like an interesting side effect.

Extended sig here.