New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Dragon Age DLC Campaigns

I am currently doing the ******* run through the Urn of Sacred Ashes, because I haven't unlocked Blood Mage or Reaver. I am finding Ranger to be hella useful, and I think before I pick up Zevran or Leliana's new specialization, I'm going to save, and see if both can have a summoned animal at the same time.

My rogue build is a little unorthodox... I'm a sword and board fighter, so my talents are only going to Rogue and Specialization talents. It creates a few bottlenecks, especially early on, but I find it a lot more fun, especially with a Ranger, who eats a lot of fatigue, anyway.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    I am currently doing the ******* run through the Urn of Sacred Ashes, because I haven't unlocked Blood Mage or Reaver. I am finding Ranger to be hella useful, and I think before I pick up Zevran or Leliana's new specialization, I'm going to save, and see if both can have a summoned animal at the same time.

My rogue build is a little unorthodox... I'm a sword and board fighter, so my talents are only going to Rogue and Specialization talents. It creates a few bottlenecks, especially early on, but I find it a lot more fun, especially with a Ranger, who eats a lot of fatigue, anyway.
    Rogue is sort of odd in that most of their melee power comes from their own class skill tree instead of the weapon skill tree. I honestly dont know how much extra damage dual wielding contributes versus a single weapon, since most abilities dont work with backstab, up to and including the passive models.

And AFAIK, you can in fact have 3 summoned animals at the same time. One per character.

As for blood mage and reaver, you can actually save the game right before unlocking the specs, do the dirty deed, then reload and play the less pointlessly destructive route and still retain the unlocks. I think you can also buy tomes for them in Awakening in case you didnt get them before.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Rogue is sort of odd in that most of their melee power comes from their own class skill tree instead of the weapon skill tree. I honestly dont know how much extra damage dual wielding contributes versus a single weapon, since most abilities dont work with backstab, up to and including the passive models.
    TBH, I think I'll wind up with a fair amount of power from Stealth 3, and am getting a lot from Stealth 2. At Stealth 2, you can throw bombs on people and remain undetected. At Stealth 3, you can disappear in combat. Poison, Bomb, Backstab solves a LOT of problems.

As for blood mage and reaver, you can actually save the game right before unlocking the specs, do the dirty deed, then reload and play the less pointlessly destructive route and still retain the unlocks. I think you can also buy tomes for them in Awakening in case you didnt get them before.
    That's what I'm going for. I've got a save right before I talk to Kohlun the first time, and I'll bop back there after I learn it and be more of a jerk.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post

And AFAIK, you can in fact have 3 summoned animals at the same time. One per character.

Basically you use momentum, the modal that gives you haste (but dont stack it with the actual haste spell unless you get the mod to fix the haste cap bug) and thats pretty much all you need from the dual wield tree. The passive that increases offhand damage is good, but the bleed one is bugged and the top tier passive isnt needed since daggers are best for rogues. Other than that the only somewhat useful thing in the DW tree is probably the single stun attack but its mostly just as a backup to the stun in the rogue tree which animates faster so should always be used first.

I can also confirm that you can indeed buy tomes for them in Awakening if you miss them the first time in origins. You can even save the game, buy the tome and reload the game just like with the quests if you're too cheap to take the gold hit for buying the tome.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    I can also confirm that you can indeed buy tomes for them in Awakening if you miss them the first time in origins. You can even save the game, buy the tome and reload the game just like with the quests if you're too cheap to take the gold hit for buying the tome.
    I am 100% too cheap for that. I unlocked Reaver, but will probably use a Tome for Blood Mage... since I'm not playing a mage, I don't want to go through to the Redcliffe one, yet.
    The Cranky Gamer