New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt4

Mirriana

"Well there's no gain in hiding now," I say to Zarina and Elkist. "We've been spotted. Divine Insight" I cast quickly, before striding out to meet the enormous titan with my sword sheathed. In the absence of a handy crag to stand on, I stop about 60ft away so that I don't have to crane my head too far to talk to the titan

"Hail, mighty one! We are here for the trial, but have no particular desire to fight. Can we talk for a bit first?"

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

The other prisioner kept making noise across the cages; worthless noise the titan ignored completely. Magnificent being indeed, Makavoy had to give him that. Brute force and a keen understanding of magic. But there was no time for awe. Makavoy didn’t want to nd as harpy food.

Makavoy thought to himself: “let’s take stock of our assets: my wand and staff are all the way over there. I have no materials, but I don’t need them for many of my spells. And I need to think what vestige should be more helpful”

He was thinking on this when the titan spoke about new visitors

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Lan still concealed near the gates can only stare upwards at the massive creature standing some 15ft away from him filling the gateway as the three women approach. Mirriana calling out to Krathanos. Beside Mirriana Zarina leans in whispering to the priestess. "Have a care Mirriana. From what I can recall from texts and our research this Titan is not a friendly one. He was once a servant of Kord himself until he revealed his true nature. He tried to dominate the lesser races and rule with fear and might, destroying those who would oppose him. It was said he shattered the gates of Tir'Nathan and tore the eleven queen in half before the rest of the elves bowed down to him. It was after that and a dozen other atrocities that Kord and several other of the great Titans that served Kord stripped him of his abilities to travel between planes and cursed him to guard the Library here." With that warning Zarina steps back, her gleaming armour shining as brightly as Elkist and Mirriana's giving an easy impression of a trio of angels come to speak with him.

Krathanos looks about with disdain. "Little Angels with no wings. Why would you be worthy of my belt for the watcher's trials?" , then in a more sinister voice, as he seems to pause deep in thought he gazes at you all. "You come here garbed in magics, the power dripping from you. Have you the power to step between the Planes and release me from my cruel and unjust imprisonment? If you can do that task then I may consider the belt as a gift for you."

OOC: This would be a plansehift or a gate or some other way of shifting between the planes.
    Last edited by DrK; 2023-02-14 at 02:38 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Landahl Snowstrider, Halfling scout

Lan was impressed, which was not an easy feat. But he had also seen a mind flayer, demon lords, an angel, the dark apostle, a tri-god Avatar, an other-wordly spell weaver and several dragons. The titan might be powerful, but any and all foes that had stood against Mirr and her band of Owlbears had fallen. It gave the halfling a certain feeling of confidence that he might normally have lost at the sight of the large man.

Instead, he slipped forward to approach the cages and see how difficult it would be to pop them open. Enemy of my enemy and all that ...

OOC: If Lan could open the locks, he will, just to keep things interesting.
    Effects: invisibility (7 min); embrace the wild (+2 Spot / Listen; gain low-light vision; gain 30' blindsight; 70min); deeper darkvision (90ft darkvision, no 20% miss chance for shadows; 7 hours); Heroes Feast (+1 attack, immune poison/fear); wind walking (6 1/2 hrs?); +10 Tumbling

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    HPs: 95 AC: 22 Touch/Flatfooted: 17/16 Move 30' Initiative +7
    F +16 R +21 W +13
    Skills: Listen/Spot +19 Search +20 Move Silently/Hide +22 Tumble +36 D Device +22
    Spells (4/6/6/4/2/2) 0: create water, guidance, mending, light
    1: detect fav enemies, gravity bow, embrace the wild, hunter's mercy, sniper’s shot, surefooted stride
    2: fell the greatest foes, invisibility, invisibility, swift haste, easy climb, exacting shot
    3: decoy image, find the gap, find the gap, foebane
    4: aspect of earth hunter, deeper darkvision
    5: summon nature’s ally V, summon nature’s ally V
    Javelins (+23, 1d4+2 / +24, 1d4+3 w/in 30', bane vs undead); +1 Comp shortbow (+22, 1d6+2 / +23, 1d6+3 w/in 30', lesser truedeath crystal)
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 2/2 Horizon Walker; 3/3 Scout's headband; Winged Vest 5/5

Spoiler: Bullette Form
    Show
    HP: 155 AC: 28
    Space and Reach: 15 feet/10 feet
    Stats: Str 27 Dex 15 Con 20 / Int 13 Wis 14 Chr 8
    Land speed 40 ft, burrow 10 ft,
    Senses: darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision, scent, tremorsense 60'
    Gain +12 natural armor, two claw attacks (+22 / 2d8+8)
    Retain abilities, BAB, saving throws, skills
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Within the Keep

With the Titan distracted and stood in/by the doorway Lan creeps past like a mouse past a hawk and the scurries into the ramshackle keep walls. To the right is the throne, surrounding the throne as he skirts that way is a series of massive sacks filled with all manner of bits of bone and horn along with metallic goblets and plates, weapons and other magical looking items. A pair of backpacks, a sword, shield and staff amongst others look recent and the dead Minotaur wears bronzed armour and a massive spiked hammer dumped near nearby its body. However with a harpy perched on the arm of the throne moving the items seems unwise.

Skirting the other way to the far end he passes the two gargantuan girallions cramped in the cages who howl in rage as they smell Lan going past though all and sundry ignore the rage filled shrieking of the primates. Reaching the cage with two prisoners it looks like they have been incarcerated only recently and to Lan’s surprise he can see that all the cages have large draw bars on the roof (out of reach of tye occupants) that pull back the pins, the doors secured by the 50-60 lb weight of the pin should he clamber atop the cage and yank upon it.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"I do have the power to release you," I admit, trying my best to remain unphased by the vast size difference between us. "And I don't approve of eternal sentences - it seems only fair to conduct a review every so often. But we came to Tilagos to gain the knowledge to a Ragnarok, not to unleash new ones ourselves along our way. This broken keep - it speaks of your rage and self pity. The gods will only put you back here if you mislead me and you cause trouble - and they'll probably make me do it too, after I'm done with Dragotha and Kyuss. So let's be plain: If I release you what are your intentions?"

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

Makavoy's mind rushed through the opportunities opened by the newcomers. He focused his sand shaping powers to create a rudimentary tool to draw Haures' seal on the floor. He just wanted the newcomers to speak more and give buy him some time... he just needed a minute.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Ok, so I'm assuming a 27 Bind check and a a minute to draw the sign, but I'll make a rushed binding attempt at -10 so I'll probably spend the next 24hr talking to myself...

Roll vs DC 25 (1d20+2)[11]

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

In the Keep

As Lan watches the two men in the cage where the narrow bars prevent escape and the heavy pins are just physically out of reach he see's the man in the desert robes drawing in the dust with a stick

As he watches a strange ghostly tiger stalksout of thin air, but his appearance rapidly changes to that of a handsome and well-dressed middle-aged man who appears alive and healthy. A moment later, that form decays before his summoner’s eyes, rotting into a zombielike state, then fading into ghostly incorporeality and changing again, this time into a skeletal tiger wearing a shining crown and purple robe. This tiger form soon loses its crown and robe but gains ghostly flesh, becoming a ghostly tiger to begin the cycle of change all over again. The man breathes in deeply and seems to converse with the tiger before it seems to flow into him! Leaving Lan wondering what possibly was going on.

Outside the Keep

The titan's hand twitches around the handle of the massive gleaming metallic hammer. "You seek the wyrm Dragotha... you seek death stupid child" the Titan barks at you. It advances a little closer, peering down at the 3 women from ~40ft away. "You will release me or I will destroy you. I am a god, a god amongst your tiny creatures" he angrily babbles for a moment, near frothing at his mouth. After a few moments, a few moments in which Zarina clutches Mirriana's shoulder in alarm. The massive creature looks back down at them. "You ask me what I would do. I woiuld retake my place in the world. I would stride into the Hall of the Valiant on the battlegrounds of Ysgard and rend my brothers asunder. I would raise monuments in my name, bring nations of you vermin to worship my name and cast down Kord the Brawler himself and be venerated by all who dwell on this pitiful orb..." He ends the tirade screaming and waving his fist at the grey clouds skidding across the skies, then he looks down at Mirriana, "Do not try my patience. You will release me from my chains or I shall tear you into strips and feed you to my pets." To all 3 of the warrior women they can see the malevolent madness in his eyes.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

The ritual worked, at least for the purpose of escaping, but Makavoy hated making bad pacts. His hands fliped around like those of a Rakshasa and his mind became impenetrable -except for the constant wispering from Haures itself-.

He didn't want to risk binding Tenebrous like this, wihtout his binding instruments and some time. Haures would have to sufice now. He used the powers granted to conjure an image of himself pacing around the cage, timing it to move at the same time he used one of the few spells he could cast without materials and become invisible.

He didn't know what to do about the newcomers if it all went down to violence. The titan was a formidable foe, but partnering with them may be the only option.

Show
    Using Haures' major image and then casting greater invisibility. Then he'll move to the gear.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

As the Titan continues to rage and utter threats the three woman realise that either he was insane prior to his imprisonment or the 1500 years of near isolation has driven him so. The titan moves to heft his hammer as Mirriana's hair tingles and goosebumps rise on her arms as he begins to call forth magic. the harpies can sense it too and Lan's keen eyes spot feathered clawed hands reaching towards quivers and he relaises that there is trouble brewing!

OOC

Based on Initiatve....
    Mirriana, Lan and Elkist
    "EVIL"
    Zarina, Makavoy and Donal

Castle is ~240ft square. cages are too the left. THrone with gear is too right right. Door is in the middle.
    Titan is ~20ft from the doorway ~40ft from Mirriana/Elkist and Zarina

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"He's going to attack!" I shout a warning as I spot the Titan tense.
    (White Raven Tactics - Zarina)

I begin a summoning spell, hoping to pad out our side with numbers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Swift: WRT
    One round: Summon Monster 7

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina's entire body shakes for a moment at the violence of the titan's battle roar but her mind (aided by Mirrian's morning feast) is steeled against the fear she can feel inside her. At Mirriana's insistent words Zarina steps forward in front of Mirriana to shield the cleric whilst she summons aid. A brief focus and a warding shield springs up between her and the massive beast (though she isn't sure it will hold!) before a cast heavy cloak of spinning stars and galaxies grows over her back suffused with the glow from her luminous armour giving her a truly divine appearance.

Looking up at the mad titan holding her massive blade that looks like a toothpick relative to the beast she mutters a prayer to the lightning lord before shouting "You shall not leave your prison mad one. You were sentenced justly and you shall receive justice for the crimes you committed upon the world."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

5ft step in front of Mirriana
    Swift: Cast shield
    Standard: Cast Starmantle cloak

Zarina "Brightblade"
    M LG Human Warblade/Ftr/Wiz/S.Sword/Abj.Champ/ JPM 1, Level 1/1/4/1/4/ 4 (15), Init 2,
    HP 125 / 125 +18 temp
    AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, +12 AC +5 NatAC +2 deflect + shield = AC 39
    Fort 14, Ref 11, Will 8, : +6 to all
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2
    Fullblade +1 +16/11/6 (2d8+4, 19-20)
    MW Comp (+2) Longbow (20, 20 cold iron, 10 silver) +16/11/6 (1d8+2, X3)
    Sword Aqaa (thundering +2 sword) +17/12/7 (1d12+5(+1d6 vs undead) , 18-20
    3x Capsule: Int Acid, Int Cold, Spark), Wand Chamber (Heroics): Least true death xtal (+1d6 vs undead) (+1d8 on Crit, + Hurricane Wind, + Synergy w/Lightning Sword) [

Lesser crystal of life keeping (+3 vs Death effects, Energy drain, Inflict) Gith craft Mithril Chain Shirt +1, Stacks with armour: Least crystal of Arrow Deflection (+2 AC vs ranged) Dastana +1 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 6, Cha 11

Condition

Morning spells
    Superior Resistance 20 hours (+6 to all saves)
    Greater luminous Armour 24 hours (+12 AC)
    Heart of Air (+10 jump checks, feather falling, +10ft fly speeds)
    Heart of Earth (Temp HPs 28, +8 vs Bullrush etc.. - discard for stoneskin)
    Dragonskin (+5 NA, Fire Resistance 20) 140 mins
    Protection from Evil (+2 Delection AC, blocks mind control) 28 mins
    Shield (+8 AC, 24 minutes)
    Starmantle cloak: Immune to non-magic, Ref DC 15 for half damage vs magical 24/24 rounds

Elkist: Mass less vigour (fast healing 1)
    Eklist: Protection from Energy (electricity) 110 remaining
    Eklist: Interfaith blessing (+2 untyped to hit)
    Mirriana: Heroes feast (Immune to fear, +1 morale to hit)

Xtal: +3 vs Death/Negative energy effects
    Rite: +2 Saves vs Death / Fear

Abilities
    [Active] Leading the Charge (+10 damage)
    [Inactive] Stance: Mystic Phoenix (+1 CL, +2 dodge AC, DR 2xSpell/Evil)
    [Ready] Moment Perfect Mind (Ctr)
    [Ready] Divine Surge (strike)
    [Ready] Searing strike (boost)

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Elkist Talphrin

Steeling herself Elkist steps forward, orcish longspear gripped firmly in one hand. The peace and focus of battle come across her as she takes comfort from her battle-sisters alongside her. "So be it." She raises her symbol of Heironeous calling on the power of her god to turn the courtyard into a roiling chaos of cracked flagstones surging under the feet of the mighty titan.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    5ft step fwd. Adjacent to Zarina & in front of Mirriana (in a "V"?)
    Standard: Cast impeding stones on the 'kill zone'. Ref DC20 or prone titan. DC20 Ref or Balance each round or prone. -2 to attack, Conc DC16 to cast.
    Swift: Law Devotion +5 AC

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Elkist Talphrin
    Female LG Half-Drow Paladin 4/ Spirit Shaman 11, Level 15, Init 5, HP 105 + 22 temp/105, Speed 30ft
    AC 23, Touch 10, Flat-footed 23, Fort 21, Ref 16, Will 21, Base Attack Bonus 12
    Ghost touch Lightning Sword +19/ +14/ +7 (+12 base, +4 str, +2 weapon, +1 morale (Heroes Feast)) (2d6+10 (+8 str, +2 weapon), 19-20 x2)
    +1 longspear ( , )
    +1 Batorian green steel Hand axe ( , )
    Ghost touch Spiked (+1) Full Plate +2 of moderate fortification, Ghost touch +1 Animated heavy steel shield (+10 Armor, +3 Shield)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 29
    Condition
    Permanent/ daily effects:

Pal: Aura of good
    Pal: Aura of courage (immune fear, allies +4 morale bonus vs fear)
    Pal: Divine health (immunity to disease)
    SS: Blessing of the spirits (protection from spirits: +2 defl AC, +2 resist Saves)
    SS: Ghost warrior (ghost touch weapons & armour)
    SS: Warding of the spirits (magic circle vs spirits:10ft radius +2 defl AC, +2 resist Saves)
    1/2E: Immunity to sleep
    1/2E: +2 save vs enchantment
    1/2E: low light vision
    Armour crystal: +3 competence save vs energy drain, death spells/ effects, inflict spells)
    Circlet: +6 enhancement to Cha
    Gauntlets: +2 enhancement to Str
    Armbands: +2 Str checks & skills, +2 damage on Power attack)
    Mirriana: Imbue with Spell Ability
    Primal instinct (wand): +5 competence initiative & survival
    Armour: moderate fortification (75% resist critical hits & sneak attacks
    Boots: +10ft enhancement speed, +5 competence Jump
    Cloak: +2 resistance all saves

Hour+ effects:

Heart of Air (spell): +10 enhance Jump
    Heart of Earth (spell): +8 resist bull rush, overrun, trip; +22 temp hp
    Heart of X (spell): light fortification (25% resist critical hits & sneak attacks)
    Heroes Feast (Mirriana): immune poison & fear, +1 morale bonus on attack rolls & Will saves, +10 temp hp
    Shield Other (wand): Mirriana
    Righteous Aura (wand): +4 sacred Cha, daylight

Minute+ effects (not included in stats):

Interfaith Blessing +2 sacred attack
    Protection from Energy (Lightning)
    Law devotion: +5 sacred to AC (1 mins)

Round+ effects:

Mass Lesser Vigor ~6 rounds remain
    Bite of the Weretiger (Enhance +12 Str, +4 Dex, +6 Con, +5 natural armour)

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

The tension in the room was palpable as the Titan and Mirrana exchanged comments. But when Lan caught the faint scent of ozone and felt the tingle of pending arcane magic, he knew the time for diplomacy had passed, and only spilled blood would solve this challenge. But with combat starting, the real questions wasn't whether the halfling could do anything to the titan - he was confident of his ability to take down even the largest of opponents. No, the question was what as the best action he could take to help his companions.

A glance at the harpies told him they, too, felt the change, and they were just starting to move forward, anxious to visit pain and suffereing upon Lan's companions. They might also attempt to unleash the four-armed beasts on them, which would simply complicate matters. Smiling to himself, he called upon one of his various items, his vest, which sprang out wings enabling him to fly swiftly for a limited amout of time. He held his action, waiting for the harpies to move.

OOC: If the harpies fly towards the girallions, Lan will fly forward invisibly to w/in 30' and attack (point blank shot, imp skirmish, greater manyshot). Here's hoping they are flat-footed to me :)

If they flew towards the ladies, Lan will fly to the top of the prisoner's cage and free them

Spoiler: Attacks as required
    Show
    Attack 1 - (1d20+23)[42], Dam - (1d4+4)[6]+Skirmish - (6d6)[15]=21
    Attack 1 - (1d20+23)[37], Dam - (1d4+4)[5]+Skirmish - (6d6)[21]=26
    Attack 1 - (1d20+23)[43], Dam - (1d4+4)[8]+Skirmish - (6d6)[22]=30, if 29 confirms, 36
    Not sure the harpies are arcane users or elementals :(

Effects: winged vest (60' flying, 5 rounds); Mass less vigour (Elkist - fast healing 1, 6 rounds); Protection from Energy (Elkist - 30 vs electricity, 110 min); Interfaith blessing (Elkist - +1 attack / skills [untyped], 6min?); invisibility (7 min); embrace the wild (+2 Spot / Listen; gain low-light vision; gain 30' blindsight; 70min); deeper darkvision (90ft darkvision, no 20% miss chance for shadows; 7 hours); Heroes Feast (+1 attack, immune poison/fear); wind walking (6 1/2 hrs?); +10 Tumbling

Show
    HPs: 95 AC: 23 (29) Touch/Flatfooted: 18/17 (24/23) Move 30' Initiative +8
    F +16 R +22 W +13
    Skills: Listen/Spot +19 Search +20 Move Silently/Hide +23 Tumble +37 D Device +23
    1: detect fav enemies, gravity bow, embrace the wild, hunter's mercy, sniper’s shot, surefooted stride
    2: fell the greatest foes, invisibility, invisibility, swift haste, easy climb, exacting shot
    Javelins (+24, 1d4+2 / +25, 1d4+3 w/in 30', bane vs undead); +1 Comp shortbow (+23, 1d6+2 / +24, 1d6+3 w/in 30', lesser truedeath crystal)
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 2/2 Horizon Walker; 3/3 Scout's headband; Winged Vest 4/5

Show

*Updated AC based on skirmishing
    Last edited by Starbin; 2023-02-23 at 04:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Mayhem breaks out around the Keep of the Shackled Conquerer. Within the grounds of the keep two harpies swoop down towards the Girallion cages, one pinwheeling in the air, flapping in a cloud of feathers and blood as Lan appears from invisibility flying towards it with lethal javelins. It flaps to a standstill and fires a pair of arrows at Lan, each glittering with frost. The second harpy cackles and lands atop the cage of one of the girallions and pulls the pin, the cage door falling forwards with a ominous clang. The massive beast within raises its head, a savage gleam in its eyes as its slowly starts to stretch its 4 huge clawed hands... The third harp staying his above the ground flaps to within ~80ft of Lan and launches another pair or arrows at the deadly ranger.

OOC
    Harpy 1: Flap 60ft towards the cage before lan intercepts with Javelins
    Many shot at Lan (1d20+18)[24] for 2 arrows (1d8+4)[10]+(1d6)[1] cold; (1d8+4)[6]+(1d6)[2] cold

Harpy 2: Drop down to the roof of the cage. Pull open the lever!

Harpy 3: Flap 60ft towards Lan (~60ft away now)
    Many shot at Lan (1d20+18)[32] for 2 arrows (1d8+4)[8]+(1d6)[1] cold; (1d8+4)[11]+(1d6)[4] cold

Mega Girallion 1: Full round action, stretch, and get ready

Outside the castle walls the three woman form a defensive line, the Priestess chanting for more support as Zarina summons powerful abjurant protections an Elkist calls forth the very spirits of the earth itself. Like a wave the earth shudders under Krathanos's feet and sends the Titan crashing to the ground with massive shudder and a cry of rage. Slowly rising from his knee on the rippling earth Krathanos snarls and bellows in rage. "You seek to bring me down to your insect like level. I am the storm of fury that shall destroy you!" As he rises he casts out a hand and a crackling torrent of electricity flows outwards in a massive storm of violet lightning that crackles between the three women. Seeing the lack of effect on the women as its slams into Elkists's protections he bellows louder and reaches into the heavens and pulls down meteors of the very heavens towards the women, Mirriana holds aloft her hand, ring sparkling and the meteors veer alarmingly back towards the now horrified Titan who is engulfed in his own explosions!

Krathnos:
    Move: Stand up (angrily)
    Swift: Quickened chain lightning SPA
    * vs Zarina (20d6)[74] electricity Ref DC23 for half, Mirriana and Elkist take half damage DC23 Ref for one quarter

Spoiler: Redirected
    Show
    Standard: Meteor swarm on the ladies!
    Ranged touch vs Mirriana (1d20+22)[34] Touch for (2d6)[8] bludgeon and (6d6)[19] Fire (no save for Mirriana if the meteor hits) Reflex DC26 for Zarina and Elkist for half
    Ranged touch vs Zarina (1d20+22)[25] Touch for (2d6)[12] bludgeon and (6d6)[21] Fire (no save for Zarina if the meteor hits) Reflex DC26 for Elkist and Mirriana for half
    Ranged touch vs Elkist (1d20+22)[36] Touch for (2d6)[9] bludgeon and (6d6)[19] Fire (no save for Elkist if the meteor hits) Reflex DC26 for Zarina and Mirriana for half
    Ranged touch vs (1d3)[2] for Z/M/E (1d20+22)[40] Touch for (2d6)[3] bludgeon and (6d6)[10] Fire (no save for target if the meteor hits) Reflex DC26 for other 2 for half

Donal and Makavoy to go and then all he other players. Post in any order and I can sort it out.
    Last edited by DrK; 2023-02-25 at 02:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

Conflict was now unavoidable, and ironically, being caged was pretty safe. Particularly while invisible. Still, the booming attacks from the Titan were impressive and Makavoy's ring of spell battle rung with force at the Titan's powers.

Lan's apparition took Makavoy by surprise, right when he was about to start summon an ally. This was another opportunity, these Girallons were prisioners, they couldn't be really happy with these demonic harpies. Makavoy just had to probe that weakness.

He focused on Haures, exploiting the Vestige power to launch a mental assault on the Girallons and the Harpies. An ally like that could be a great deal of help.

Show
    Movement: Makavoy moves away from the Major Image of himself, and uses Vestige Metamagic to cast a Chained Charm Monster on the free Girallon and bouncing it to the other Girallon(s) and then the harpies within reach. The first Girallon's DC is 21 Due to Cloaked casting, and then the others have a base DC of 16. I imagine the harpies will get a +5 bonus on their saves, but they still need to roll. If the Girallon is charmed I'll mimic or communicate to attack the harpies and open our cage.

Status: Greater invisibility, 13 rounds, haures' powers are supressed so no mindblank this turn.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2023-02-23 at 07:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Donal

"Ransom seems to be off the table..." Donal says to his quiet cellmate as the belligerents begin their fight. "...but maybe escape is still an option. What do you think about...oh. Well, you're probably still here, even if I can't see you. Got an idea on getting this cage open?"

He stands up and grips the bars with his gauntleted hands. "If these were made by a giant then it might take a giant's strength to break them open." Donal starts taking quick breaths as he hyperventilates himself and begins straining against the metal, trying to try the bars open. A growl builds in his chest that turns into a scream of pain and rage as the veins pop on his head from the effort. "Open damn you, by Tempus blood I'll have your guts for garters you coward!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Donal will activate Mimic Class Feature to gain Barbarian Rage for 9 rounds (Str 28, Con 27). Now with the Strength of a Stone Giant he'll try to brute force his way out of the cage.

Strength check (1d20+9)[14]
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

I know we're all well protected against the lightning, and my prescient sense allows me to plant my tower shield solidly between myself and Zarina, grounding the deadly arc harmlessly into the ground.

The meteor swarm though could be more of a problem. With a snap of my fingers the meteors change course and strike Krathanos instead!

Finally, my summoning spell completes and a huge earth elemental rears from the ground behind the mad titan and begins smashing into him with its fists!

Then with a short moment to catch my breath I say I prayer to Mystara requesting she grant me Righteous Might!
    Spoiler
    Show

Immediate action: ring of spellbattle redirect Meteor Swarm.

Earth Elemental Full Attack
    (1d20+20)[34] damage (2d10+10)[20]
    (1d20+20)[38] damage (2d10+10)[22]

Standard action: Cast Righteous Might

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

With the battle fully engaged, Lan was now up against three proficient archers. The question was if he should continue to dance with them, or veil himself and play tricks. Of course, if he did that, he might leave the harpies free to harass his companions. Gritting his teeth against the pain, Lan cast a spell quickly, increasing his speed and then shifted his position aerially to the side before launching five javelins, targeting the hurt harpy first, then moving on to the next closest one.

Round 2: I think Harpy 1 and 2 are w/in 30'. So cast swift haste, 'tumble' 10', full round attack (point blank shot, rapid shot, regular skirmish)

Attack 1 - (1d20+25)[45], Dam - (1d4+4)[8]+Skirmish - (4d6)[18]=26 or 34 if 27 confirms
    Attack 2 - (1d20+20)[33], Dam - (1d4+4)[6]+Skirmish - (4d6)[11]=17
    Attack 3 - (1d20+15)[20], Dam - (1d4+4)[6]+Skirmish - (4d6)[15]=21
    Rapid Shot - (1d20+25)[32], Dam - (1d4+4)[8]+Skirmish - (4d6)[14]=22
    Haste - (1d20+25)[34], Dam - (1d4+4)[7]+Skirmish - (4d6)[16]=23

Effects: swift haste (3 rounds, +1 AC/Ref/Attack, +30 move, extra attack w/full attack) / winged vest (60' flying, 4 rounds); Mass less vigour (Elkist - fast healing 1, 5 rounds); Protection from Energy (Elkist - 30 vs electricity, 110 min); Interfaith blessing (Elkist - +1 attack / skills [untyped], 6min?); embrace the wild (+2 Spot / Listen; gain low-light vision; gain 30' blindsight; 70min); deeper darkvision (90ft darkvision, no 20% miss chance for shadows; 7 hours); Heroes Feast (+1 attack, immune poison/fear); wind walking (6 1/2 hrs?); +10 Tumbling

Show
    HPs: 72/95 AC: 23 (28) Touch/Flatfooted: 18/17 (23/22) Move 30' Initiative +8
    F +16 R +22 (+23)W +13
    Skills: Listen/Spot +19 Search +20 Move Silently/Hide +23 Tumble +37 D Device +23
    Javelins (+24, 1d4+2 / +25, 1d4+3 w/in 30', bane vs undead); +1 Comp shortbow (+23, 1d6+2 / +24, 1d6+3 w/in 30', lesser truedeath crystal)
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 2/2 Horizon Walker; 3/3 Scout's headband; Winged Vest 4/5

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2023-02-27 at 01:00 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina smirks at the titan toppling to the ground and then glances back nodding to Mirriana with thanks as the meteors veer in the sky back towards the titan who emerges smoking and angry from the fire and brimstone. Lightning crackles around her flowing down her form into the ground as Elkist's protection wards them. "Thank the gods" she mutters as the magical onslaught fades. She casts a spell floating 15ft into the air, watching the stony ground ahead and then quickens the women around her as she hastens them.

Show

Swift (3 charges of Circlet): Cast quickened Haste
    Standard: cast Fly
    Move: Fly 15ft upwards

Zarina "Brightblade"
    M LG Human Warblade/Ftr/Wiz/S.Sword/Abj.Champ/ JPM 1, Level 1/1/4/1/4/ 4 (15), Init 2,
    HP 125 / 125 +18 temp
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2
    3x Capsule: Int Acid, Int Cold, Spark), Wand Chamber (Heroics): Least true death xtal (+1d6 vs undead) (+1d8 on Crit, + Hurricane Wind, + Synergy w/Lightning Sword) [

Lesser crystal of life keeping (+3 vs Death effects, Energy drain, Inflict) Gith craft Mithril Chain Shirt +1, Stacks with armour: Least crystal of Arrow Deflection (+2 AC vs ranged) Dastana +1 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)

Condition

Morning spells
    Starmantle cloak: Immune to non-magic, Ref DC 15 for half damage vs magical 24/24 rounds
    Fly (14 minutes)
    Haste (+1AC, Atk, Ref, +30ft move) 14/14

Eklist: Protection from Energy (electricity) 38 / 110 used

Abilities

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Elkist Talphrin

Watching with satisfaction as the great titan tumbled and struggled to raise itself, Elkist drew a shimmering cloud of moonlight about her, the moonlight arcing out in celestial bolts towards the flying opponents.

Show
    Stand ground in front of Mirriana
    Standard: Cast moon bolt on an uncharmed harpy.
    Also on a second harpy, or an uncharmed girallon, if within 15ft of initial target.
    (3d4)[4] Strength damage. Fort DC23 for half.
    Hoping this renders their bow unusable...
    Swift: Law Devotion +5 Attack (I think I can stack multiple Law Devotion with different effects?)

Show
    Elkist Talphrin
    Female LG Half-Drow Paladin 4/ Spirit Shaman 11, Level 15, Init 5, HP 105 + 22 temp/105, Speed 30ft
    Ghost touch Lightning Sword +19/ +14/ +7 (+12 base, +4 str, +2 weapon, +1 morale (Heroes Feast)) (2d6+10 (+8 str, +2 weapon), 19-20 x2)
    +1 longspear ( , )
    Ghost touch Spiked (+1) Full Plate +2 of moderate fortification, Ghost touch +1 Animated heavy steel shield (+10 Armor, +3 Shield)
    Condition

SS: Blessing of the spirits (protection from spirits: +2 defl AC, +2 resist Saves)
    SS: Warding of the spirits (magic circle vs spirits:10ft radius +2 defl AC, +2 resist Saves)
    Armour crystal: +3 competence save vs energy drain, death spells/ effects, inflict spells)

Hour+ effects:

Heart of X (spell): light fortification (25% resist critical hits & sneak attacks)
    Heroes Feast (Mirriana): immune poison & fear, +1 morale bonus on attack rolls & Will saves, +10 temp hp

Law devotion: +5 sacred to attack (1 mins)

Round+ effects (not included in stats):

Mass Lesser Vigor ~5 rounds remain
    Haste (Zarina): +1 attack, +1 dodge AC, +1 dodge Ref, +30ft enhance speed, extra attack

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

The chaos continues on both sides of the massive walls of the keep! Within the keep the harpies and Lan engage in a duel of arrows and javelins. The two harpies doing little to the nimble halfling who evades most of the frosty babred arrows whilst the other opens the 1st of the cages. In the cage Donal strains at the door but cannot budge it before Makavoy releases a powerful enchantment that flows over the Girallion who watches the image of Makavoy gesturing at the harpies and the cage.

Even as that happens Lan swirls in the air barrel rolling in a cloud of javelins. Two of them slamming into the wounded one sending it flapping dead to the ground. Its friend screeches in pain as a pair of javelins rips through its feathery wings. Its flaps over towards the second cage and rips open the lever as the second Girallion starts squeezing out, roaring and stomping with rage. Its friend rolls out in a simian manner like a massive 30ft tall gorilla out of the cage and looks at the door of its new friend's cage and with a convulsive heave rips the door off its hinges, howling deafeningly. The last harpy orbits above Lan and Makavoy and launches a flurry of arrows at both image and halfling

Monster in the keep
    harpy 1 = dies to the javelins
    harpy 2 = wounded by javelins, flaps to cage #2 and opens the gate
    harpy 3 = starts shooting
    vs Lan (1d20+20)[28] dam (1d8+4)[9] + [roll]1d6 cold[/roll]
    vs Image (1d20+20)[21] dam (1d8+4)[6] + [roll]1d6 cold[/roll] (Will save (1d20)[6] to see through illusion)
    vs Lan (1d20+15)[23] dam (1d8+4)[8] + [roll]1d6 cold[/roll]
    vs Image (or Lan if passes will save) (1d20+10)[15] dam (1d8+4)[11] + [roll]1d6 cold[/roll]

Girallion 1: moves out of cage and rips open Makavoy and Donal's cage. You are now free. Its friendly to Makavoy, hostile to Donal (just for consideration of AoO's etc...)
    Girallion 2: Stands up and shouts out a lot but its door is open

Outside the Keep

The Titan roars in rage and frustration as its lightning seems to have no effect on these 3 puny mortal woman and its meteors are turns back upon it! The very earth that has tipped it ignobly to its knees seems to rise up and batter at the massive giant, although earthen blows connect its hard to see how much damage it has done. Even as that happens Mirriana seems to glow and grow in stature to ~11ft tall. Beside her Zarina seems to quicken her allies as she takes to the air trailing stars from her cloak. Elkist reaches out with a hand and launches a gleaming bolt of shining silver light at Krathanos who laughs at the weak magical effects

Redircting Elkists's moonbolt as she can't see what happening inside the keep due to the walls
    SR check (1d20+11)[24] and Fort save (1d20)[11]

AoO for below actions = (1d20+20)[22] dam (2d10+10)[22]
    Krathanos vs impeding stones (1d20)[8] for start of Elkist's next turn

Krathanos raises slowly off the spiny and twisted ground letting the elemental rain blows upon him as he gazes at Mirriana with nothing but hate in his eyes. "YOU SHALL NOT TOUCH THE MAGIC OF THE GODS PATHETIC CREATURE" as he seeks to strip her magic's away even as he spins with the hammer and swings repeated massive hammer blows that would shatter the ground at the earth elemental.

Krathanos
    Move: Stand up taking the above AoO
    Swift: Quickened targeted greater dispel vs Mirriana.
    --> Use these rolls as needed to strip away her layers of magic vs her DC ~25ish I think(1d20+20)[29] (1d20+20)[34] (1d20+20)[32] (1d20+20)[31] (1d20+20)[30] (1d20+20)[29] (1d20+20)[31] (1d20+20)[32] (1d20+20)[30]

Standard: Hit the elemental with some PA
    (1d20+32)[48] dam (4d6+37)[54] (adamantine /magic / chaotic)

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

Smiling to himself, Makavoy has the major image burst out of the cage ducking arrows and pointing to the harpies and any other threat while weaving to the Girallon to protect him and or attack the harpies or the other Girallon if hostile.

Then, he makes a run to the stash of his things to get his spell's components back.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

A swiftly muttered prayer to Mystara negates the Titan's assault against my defences. "Mystara is stronger than you!" I taunt the titan, however the hefty blow against the elemental concerns me. It did slightly less damage than it should, as nothing can bypass its resistance to damage, but I can see that if the titan really gets into a flurry we're going to be in trouble!

"If we engage him in close combat we're going to get flattened!" I warn my allies.

Taking out my bronze griffon statuette, I throw it on the ground where it becomes an actual griffon! I mount it and it carries me aloft, out of range of the Titan's hammer.

Spoiler
    Show

Immediate: Divine Defiance immediate action counterspell - using Greater Dispel Magic it succeeds automatically.

Standard: Activate figurine of wondrous power (bronze griffon).
    Move: Mount griffon

Griffon:
    Fly up and out of melee range.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

The elemental continues to thump on the titan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+20)[23] (2d10+10)[17]
    Attack (1d20+20)[23] (2d10+10)[17]

26. - Top - End - #356

Donal

Keeping an eye on the semi-friendly large monkey, Donal abandons his attempts to force open the bars and opts for the open door. Scrambling over to his gear he heads straight for his large blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move over to his gear, pick up his sword.

8 Rounds of Rage remain. Current Armor Class is 19 (unenchanted full plate, no shield, rage penalty).
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina flies forwards trailing stars before hovering at head height she fans out her hands a great sheet of raw silver fire screams from her tiny frame, the fire cascsading over the Titan...

Only for it to emerge from the huge cone of flames, smoke curling around it, seemingly completely unaffected. Zarina has time to glance round to Mirriana, a look of her concern before the Titan moves to act!
    Show

Move: To 40ft from the Titan altitude 30ft (head height)
    Swift: Ring mystic fire
    Standard: Cone of fire
    -- Spell resistance (1d20+19)[24]
    -- Fire (18d6)[64] Reflex DC 21 for half

Zarina "Brightblade"
    HP 125 / 125 +18 temp
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2

Condition

Morning spells
    Fly (14 minutes)
    Haste (+1AC, Atk, Ref, +30ft move) 14/14

Eklist: Protection from Energy (electricity) 38 / 110 used

Abilities

Last edited by DrK; 2023-03-11 at 04:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Elkist Talphrin

Elkist grimly holds her spear at the ready, prepared for the huge mad giant should it advance on her and Zarina.

Show
    Stand ground in front of Zarina
    Full: Readied set spear vs charge, smite evil
    +1 longspear (1d20+28)[33] (+12 base, +9 str, +1 weapon, +1 morale (Heroes Feast), +5 devotion, +1 haste, +9 smite, -12 PA, +2 interfaith) damage (1d8+47)[55] (+18 str, +1 weapon, +4 smite, +24 PA) x2 if set vs charge

Show
    Elkist Talphrin
    +1 longspear ( , )
    Condition

Hour+ effects:

Law devotion: +5 sacred to attack (1 mins)

Round+ effects (not included in stats):

Mass Lesser Vigor ~5 rounds remain
    Haste (Zarina): +1 attack, +1 dodge AC, +1 dodge Ref, +30ft enhance speed, extra attack

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

In the keep its a sad time for the harpies as blood and feathers rain down from the sky following Lan's deadly hail of javelins. Both of the harpies turn on the halfling closing in on him as they shake their longbows which transform into deadly looking long pointed barbed spears that are thrust at Lan's lithe flying form as they both swoop in. The 1st Girallion looks down at the image of Makavoy and sniffs it curiously before slowly lumbering towards the gate of the keep eying angrily the flapping harpies and Lan that are outside of its reach.

The second one comes barelling out of cage with Kong- like fury catching the hapless Donal, swinging a single massive claw at the Fighter as he scoops up his greatsword

Spoiler: Harpies
    Show

Move to flank Lan in 3-d
    Swift: Morph longbows into Long spears
    Standard: Stab Lan (power 2)
    (1d20+24)[38] dam (1d8+11)[12] + (1d6)[3] cold
    (1d20+24)[26] dam (1d8+11)[12] + (1d6)[3] cold

Spoiler: Girallions
    Show

#1: Moves to the gate of the keep
    #2: Pursues Donal and takes a swing with its 20ft reach (PA4)
    (1d20+30)[46] dam (2d6+20)[28]

Outside the keep Krathanos looks increasingly filled with rage as once again Mirriana (a mere mortal slip of a girl) turns aside his magics and soars into the air atop a Griffin. Zarina flies upwards as well releasing a great gout of fire that then fails to hurt Krathanos, who is protected from petty magic's by his near divine nature. Ignoring the elemental that smashes at his back to no avail the massive titan strides across the impeding stones towards Zarina, a look of rage on his face as more lightning crackles from his hands engulfing the three woman and the flying bronze griffin in a cascading storm of lightning. As he gets to within 20ft of Zarina he swings the massive hammer at the warrior mage, the hammer too large to be swallowed entirely by the starmantle cloak. As he does he comes near Elkist who lunges forward but has her spear skitter off the beast's armoured leg greaves, buts it enough to trip the huge titan who due to the impeding stones collapses to the ground under Zarina and beside Elkist to a string of curses spoken in a lnaguage so ancient and deific it causes to blood to leak from Zarina, Elkists and Mirrianas' ears such is the power of the god speech.

Spoiler: Krathanos
    Show

Swift chain lightning again (20d6)[77] at Zarina, Ref DC 23 for half. Mirriana and Elkist and Griffin take half, Ref DC 23 for a quarter (it'll chew through the Protection from energy and he'll get through eventually!)

Move slowly across the stones. ELemental gets an AoO: (1d20+20)[40] dam (2d10+10)[26]
    - Reflex save on the Impeding stones at the end of the turn (1d20)[1]

Standard: hit Zarina with some PA (1d20+29)[32] dam (4d6+43)[56]
    - her reflex save for half damage DC 15 (1d20+17)[34] for starmantle cloak
    Last edited by DrK; 2023-03-12 at 10:54 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360

Donal

"Damned brute!" Donal curses as the oversized ape slashes at him. The hit is worth it though as he finally has a weapon in his hands. He turns back towards the girallion and takes a moment to assess his foe. Lightning erupts from his gloves and crackles along the length of his blade and blood drips from his cracked smile. He holds the hand and a half sword with both hands and points it at the girallion in a quick salute, then rushes towards it to meet it in melee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Activate Bracers of Lightning (add Shock to weapon for 1 round)
    Full-Round Action: Charge

Attack (1d20+29)[35]
    Damage (1d10+21)[25] and (1d6)[5] electricity

HP: 97 / 211
    AC: 17 (inlcudes -2 from raging and -2 from charging)

Special Abilities: 7 rounds of Rage remain.