New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt4

Landahl Snowstrider, Halfling scout

Spitting out the titan's life-blood, Lan-shark nodded once to his companions, the moved to sniff at the dead titan, looking for signs of anything that might be of use. For now, he stayed in his form, since he would not be able to return to it until he rested again.

OOC: Whew! Guess Lan will search around for a bit. I've got 70 min, just in case we run into something else.
    Search - (1d20+20)[36]
    Spot - (1d20+21)[35]
    Listen - (1d20+21)[26]

Effects: travel devotion (10 rounds, swift action to move full speedbullette form (70 min); haste (14 rounds, +1 AC/Ref/Attack, +30 move, extra attack w/full attack) / winged vest (60' flying, 0 round); Protection from Energy (Elkist - 30 vs electricity, 110 min); Interfaith blessing (Elkist - +1 attack / skills [untyped], 6min?); embrace the wild (+2 Spot / Listen; gain low-light vision; gain 30' blindsight; 70min); deeper darkvision (90ft darkvision, no 20% miss chance for shadows; 7 hours); Heroes Feast (+1 attack, immune poison/fear); +10 Tumbling

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    HPs: 22/95 AC: 23 (30) Touch/Flatfooted: 18/17 (25/24) Move 30' Initiative +8
    F +16 R +22 (+23) W +13
    Skills: Listen/Spot +19 Search +20 Move Silently/Hide +23 Tumble +37 D Device +23
    Spells (4/6/6/4/2/2) 0: create water, guidance, mending, light
    1: detect fav enemies, gravity bow, embrace the wild, hunter's mercy, sniper’s shot, surefooted stride
    2: fell the greatest foes, invisibility, invisibility, swift haste, easy climb, exacting shot
    3: decoy image, find the gap, find the gap, foebane
    4: aspect of earth hunter, deeper darkvision
    5: summon nature’s ally V, summon nature’s ally V
    Javelins (+24, 1d4+2 / +25, 1d4+3 w/in 30', bane vs undead); +1 Comp shortbow (+23, 1d6+2 / +24, 1d6+3 w/in 30', lesser truedeath crystal)
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 0/2 Horizon Walker; 3/3 Scout's headband; Winged Vest 4/5, Travel devotion: 0/1

Spoiler: Bullette Form
    Show
    HP: 83/155 AC: 29 (36)
    Space and Reach: 15 feet/10 feet
    Stats: Str 27 Dex 15 Con 20 / Int 13 Wis 14 Chr 8
    Land speed 40 ft, burrow 10 ft,
    Senses: darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision, scent, tremorsense 60'
    Gain +12 natural armor, two claw attacks (+24 / 2d8+9)
    Retain abilities, BAB, saving throws, skills
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

The "champions of the Arena" eye up the newcomers with some wariness as names and titles are exchanged. The massive land shark pads to the titan and makes sure its dead before scouring the ruins, dragging great bags of treasure and sacks of strange objects. Around the Titan's waist is both a golden belt of finest make studded with rubies, diamonds and all manner of valuables. the sacks contain gold, coins of long dead civilisations and from far away planes as well as more prosaic memento's of his time in captivity such a claws of a colossal Bulette, the head of a girallion and the feathers of a roc, the feathers each 6ft long suggesting the size of the bird.

Spoiler: Loot
    Show

Krathanos's Golden Belt

23000sp
    12000gp
    assorted gems ~6000 gp
    Ivory elf maiden carved from a mammoth tusk studded with jewels (8000gp)
    Severed Minotaur's head
    Large Mithral Full plate of speed +3
    Icy Burst greatsword +3
    Belt of Giant strength +6

Adamantine Full Plate +5 (currently gargantuan sized)
    Colossal adamantine warhammer +4 w/ Greater xtal of demolition (the construct smashing one)

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

MAKAVOY

Makavoy takes his this pause to heal with his wand and then binding another vestige, something more versatile than Haures. This time he carefully draws with his implements using his strange rakhshasa hands.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Binding Zceryll DC 25 (1d20+15)[26]

Over the sign traced in the ground, you see the image of a beautiful woman surrounded by mirrors "yet something is off about her features. After a few seconds, a scream is carried on the air and the image of the woman changes into a hideous mass of writhing tentacles."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina holding the remains of her blade nods to Mirriana. My thanks Constable. I appreciate that. I hope it can be reforged.” She still stays beside Lan, resting a hand on his massive land shark muscled flank, still seemingly unsure of these strangers.

“we have retrieved one of the 4 things the Elemental guardians desired. Shall we head north to tye forest or the mountains to continue? It may be unwise to let Darl Quethos and his minions get too far ahead of us?” she suggests gazing North and aware that their cloud forms of wind walking have some few hours left.

Looking at the bounty she looks at the greatsword and the heavy belt. “would anyone mind if I took the belt that boost his power? It would save me needing as many spells to be effective in combat.”
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Zarina "Brightblade"
    M LG Human Warblade/Ftr/Wiz/S.Sword/Abj.Champ/ JPM 1, Level 1/1/4/1/4/ 4 (15), Init 2,
    HP 125 / 125
    AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, +12 AC + 8 shield +5 NatAC = 37
    Fort 14, Ref 11, Will 8, : +6 to all,
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2
    Fullblade +1 +16/11/6 (2d8+4, 19-20)
    MW Comp (+2) Longbow (20, 20 cold iron, 10 silver) +16/11/6 (1d8+2, X3)
    Sword Aqaa (thundering +2 sword) +17/12/7 (1d12+5(+1d6 vs undead) , 18-20
    3x Capsule: Int Acid, Int Cold, Spark), Wand Chamber (Heroics): Least true death xtal (+1d6 vs undead) (+1d8 on Crit, + Hurricane Wind, + Synergy w/Lightning Sword) [

Lesser crystal of life keeping (+3 vs Death effects, Energy drain, Inflict) Gith craft Mithril Chain Shirt +1, Stacks with armour: Least crystal of Arrow Deflection (+2 AC vs ranged) Dastana +1 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 6, Cha 11

Condition

Morning spells
    Superior Resistance 20 hours (+6 to all saves)
    Greater luminous Armour 24 hours (+12 AC)
    Heart of Air (+10 jump checks, feather falling, +10ft fly speeds)
    Heart of Earth (Temp HPs 28, +8 vs Bullrush etc.. - discard for stoneskin)
    Dragonskin (+5 NA, Fire Resistance 20) 140 mins

Eklist: Protection from Energy (electricity) 77 / 110 used
    Mirriana: Heroes feast (Immune to fear, +1 morale to hit)

Xtal: +3 vs Death/Negative energy effects
    Rite: +2 Saves vs Death / Fear

Abilities
    [Active] Leading the Charge (+10 damage)
    [Inactive] Stance: Mystic Phoenix (+1 CL, +2 dodge AC, DR 2xSpell/Evil)
    [Ready] Moment Perfect Mind (Ctr)
    [Ready] Divine Surge (strike)
    [Ready] Searing strike (boost)

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

I have no use for any of the loot. And yes, I have already wasted a full day trapped in that cage. I'm in favor to speed up any search. Here's to hoping our interests align

Makavoy
    male LN Illumian (Valkrau) Beguiler/Binder/AM/SS, Level 15, Init 3, HP 90/90, Speed
    AC 18, Touch 10, Flat-footed 17, Fort 12, Ref 8, Will 11, Base Attack Bonus 7
    +2 Chainmail, +1 Deathward Buckler (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, -1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 23, Wis 10, Cha 14
    Condition -Resistance to Cold, Electricity, Fire (5)
    -Immune to Blindness and Dazzling
    -Mind Blank (Haures' innaccessible mind)
    -Bound to Zceryll

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

"I've spent most of my spells for the day. We have possession of the belt now, so we can't be beaten to the prize. I suggest we rest up here for today, and tomorrow we can wind walk again to our next target."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Donal Ren

"Well met, all." Donal says, breathing much more comfortably now that he's had a few minutes to rest. "I'm familiar with some of those names." He says to Mirriana. "And seeing as I owe you a debt for the rescue and you all appear to be good-natured folk, I'll give you my sword arm."

"As for the booty, you have victor's first choice." He eyes the dead titan's armor and one of the belts the bullete pulled from the keep while the others go over the spoils. "If we are staying for the evening I wouldn't mind that either." He stretches and winces. "It'll be nice to sleep outside that damn cage."

He taps a small token on a necklace, the symbol of Tempus. "I've some small Art, though nothing like what was going on in this courtyard. Still, I may be able to help carry some of the work load if you let me know what we need."
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Standing in the ruins with the magical ornaments and belts and armour the party is happy when Mirriana concentrates and an elaborate fairytale-esque magical castle appears in the centre of the ruins as Mirriana summons a celestial fortress. THe party is able to settles down in the strange tardis like structre that seems larger on the inside than the outside and emanates a safe comforting glow an smells sweet and clean in stark contrast to the runs its been summoned in.

Zarina is happy to stand a watch, "Donal.." she asks the man as he works the magical armours or minotaur and Titan to reduce their size, "What brought you here? Why were you seeking to to stop the Three Fold Triad and Kyuss?" Then she smiles lookig at Lan, "Although I'm please of more allies. Lan here has been hunting them for months, I am relatively recent to their company having met them in Greyhawk. They had done much before then in Diamond Lake and the border forts."

---

In the morning as the part tuck into food nd cast their morning spells the armour weapons and belts stand ready waiting to be claimed and as Lan climbs the battlements he can see a distant plume of smoke to the north rising from the thick massive primal forest.

Shall we sort loot out in the discord?
    Please select spells and cast any daily buffs in the IC

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

He enjoys a restful sleep in the magical fortress rising at dawn to bind to the green lady and Zceryll. He first calls fort and enhancement to his persuasive abilities.

Spoiler: Binding rolls
    Show
    Casting Eagle's Splendor using two 1st level slots then binding the green lady (DC 17) (1d20+14)[26] Then Zceryl (1d20+15)[16]

Then he uses his staff to enhance his senses

Show
    Using a 4th level spell and a 3rd level spell to activate the Staff using The Green Lady Arcane's Knack and casting Primal Senses and Primal Instincts

He then joins Lan in scouting ahead.

Those that came with me to find this Titan lay scattered in these rocks. I'd come back to give them a proper burial so their souls rest in peace. But now, I'll follow you and your party.
    Spoiler: EDIT
    Show

EDIT: So I totally missed Zceryls roll and I get to be an arrogant idiot for the day.

He is about to leave it like that, when a sharp voice comes from within his mind.

You don't need their help, you can take on anything

I'll do you the courtesy of helping you out, you don't seem very capable of taking on these challenges without my help.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2023-05-16 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Under Zceryl's influence

10. - Top - End - #400

Donal

Taking a break from his work Donal wipes the sweat from his face and sips some water. "I don't suppose you'd believe me that I'm doing it because it needs to be done?" He asks and then smiles. "No, I'm no crusader. Most of my life I've been a mercenary."

Out of his armor all can see that while he's still in good shape for a man his age there's no way for him to be as strong as he is without magical aid. "Years back, I made a friend. Brother, really, I suppose. Doesn't happen often for folks in my line of work." He starts working on the armor again to give his hands something to do. "He was too idealistic for our job and left the company to go poke around buried ruins with some other fools looking for demons to slay or some such nonsense. Plenty of good fights available up here, ripe for the picking."

"Anyway. He went into the adventuring business and I stayed on in a respectable trade. We kept in touch, traded stories. Met his wife, was there for when he became a father." He stops working and his eyes soften. "He'd finally retired, kept trying to convince me to do the same. Last time I saw them, my niece was just strong enough to hold a sword."

"Some demon priest caught up with him, an enemy from his delving days that they all thought dead. It...slew them all. The worms, they were...." He says and coughs for a minute, his face pale. "I burned what was left and tracked down the priest. We had a ...long conversation... before I sent him to the Abyss."

"I've never been one for holy orders, but I swore an oath of vengeance to Tempus that I would kill every last worm priest and send their souls to hell. If that also be your aim...maybe we can work together."
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Elkist Talphrin

"Holy orders have their benefits," says Elkist, "The proper ones of course. They help focus the mind. A framework for efficient execution. The teachings of Law and a sworn oath of vengeance can elicit harmony of purpose and action."

She finishes polishing out the final dents in the silvery mithral pauldron and tightens the straps on her new armour. Her whole being radiates a soft holy glow in the dawn light as she settles into her usual routine of prayer and reflection.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Cast the usual daily buffs
    Righteous Aura
    Heart of Air
    Heart of Earth
    Primal Instinct
    Shield Other on Mirriana

Other spells still to select.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Elkist Talphrin
    Female LG Half-Drow Paladin 4/ Spirit Shaman 11, Level 15, Init 5, HP 105 + 22 temp/105, Speed 30ft
    AC 24, Touch 10, Flat-footed 24, Fort 21, Ref 16, Will 21, Base Attack Bonus 12
    Ghost touch Lightning Sword +19/ +14/ +9 (+12 base, +5 str, +2 weapon) (2d6+9 (+7 str, +2 weapon), 19-20 x2)
    Ghost touch +1 longspear ( , )
    Ghost touch +1 Batorian green steel Hand axe ( , )
    Ghost touch Mithral Full plate of speed +3, Ghost touch +1 Animated heavy steel shield (+11 Armor, +3 Shield)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 29
    Condition
    Permanent/ daily effects:

Pal: Aura of good
    Pal: Aura of courage (immune fear, allies +4 morale bonus vs fear)
    Pal: Divine health (immunity to disease)
    SS: Blessing of the spirits (protection from spirits: +2 defl AC, +2 resist Saves)
    SS: Ghost warrior (ghost touch weapons & armour)
    SS: Warding of the spirits (magic circle vs spirits:10ft radius +2 defl AC, +2 resist Saves)
    1/2E: Immunity to sleep
    1/2E: +2 save vs enchantment
    1/2E: low light vision
    Armour crystal: +3 competence save vs energy drain, death spells/ effects, inflict spells)
    Circlet: +6 enhancement to Cha
    Belt: +4 enhancement to Str
    Armbands: +2 Str checks & skills, +2 damage on Power attack)
    Mirriana: Imbue with Spell Ability
    Primal instinct (wand): +5 competence initiative & survival
    Boots: +10ft enhancement speed, +5 competence Jump
    Cloak: +2 resistance all saves

Hour+ effects:

Heart of Air (spell): +10 enhance Jump
    Heart of Earth (spell): +8 resist bull rush, overrun, trip; +22 temp hp
    Shield Other (wand): Mirriana
    Righteous Aura (wand): +4 sacred Cha, daylight

Minute+ effects (not included in stats):

Round+ effects:

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Once the decision was made to sleep for now and continue later, Lan morphed back into his normal form, giving a curt nod to the others. Another magic user and a big warrior ... the universe seemed to have some sense of balance, given past members of their group. Glancing at the assembled items in the pile he had collected, he waved it all away, then paused. "That giant feather might be from the roc king. I say we bring it with."

The next day, Lan was up early and ready to go, having taken the last watch. His spells and abilities were ready as ever and he wanted to get moving. He glared at the wizard, but after a moment, he remembered Merrick and snorted. Fate indeed.

Once the others were awake, he approached the group. "The watchers said the others headed to the Roc, but that smoke tells me something's going on in the woods. They may have two items already, or are getting the second one now. Maybe they have three, since the nightmare was close. Do we go after the nightmare, or try to intercept them at the Roc? Or wait and set up an ambush here? What to you think, Mirr?"

OOC: I'll keep the same spells, I guess. Not sure what else to do. I'm gonna presume we get healing overnight. Casting Deeper Darkvision ... presume we'll get heroes feast again?

Effects: deeper darkvision (90ft darkvision, no 20% miss chance for shadows; 7 hours); Heroes Feast (+1 attack/Will [morale], +8 temp hps, immune poison/fear; 24 hours); +10 Tumbling

Show
    HPs: 103/95 AC: 23 Touch/Flatfooted: 18/17 Move 30' Initiative +8
    F +16 R +22 W +13 (+14)
    Skills: Listen/Spot +19 Search +20 Move Silently/Hide +23 Tumble +37 D Device +23
    1: detect fav enemies, gravity bow, embrace the wild, hunter's mercy, sniper’s shot, surefooted stride
    2: fell the greatest foes, invisibility, invisibility, swift haste, easy climb, exacting shot
    Javelins (+24, 1d4+2 / +25, 1d4+3 w/in 30', bane vs undead); +1 Comp shortbow (+23, 1d6+2 / +24, 1d6+3 w/in 30', lesser truedeath crystal)
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 2/2 Horizon Walker; 3/3 Scout's headband; Winged Vest 5/5, Travel devotion: 1/1

Show
    HP: 155/155 AC: 29
    Last edited by Starbin; 2023-05-31 at 11:35 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina rises and leaves the shelter of the strange frotress. Joining Lan looking towards the forest and the smoke she offers the halfling a piece of dubious trail rations with a smile. "The constable is no up, and I hope she will provide a feast once more. But this can do in a pinch." Resting a had on Lan's shoulder she leans against him watching the forest and the thin plume, "You know, I almost hope that Darl Quethos and his band have slain whatever was there. It would be nice to have our enemies fighting amongst ourselves. I can feel we will have to face the Master of the Hand of Vecna before we leave this place but I would tarry as long as possible before we are forced to do so."

Looking at the massive body of near demi-god Titan she shudders. "Facing Krathanos was like the battle against that spellweaver under the Spire. Both times I have felt myself within a hair's breath of death and whilst I value our cause I would like to grow old and fat, living a life of peace somewhere quiet." She glances down at Lan, "Maybe some company to unt some rabbits and cook them for me."..

As the other stir she shakes her head and looks to the small fairytale castle that Mirriana had summoned. "To battle then" she says with a sigh as she stnds apart summoning armour of shimmering light and motes of air and earth to fortify her body. A quick of the weapons and she nods to Mirriana. "I am ready Constable."

Show

Morning Spells
    Greater Luminous Armour (1d4)[3] Str damage, L.Restore wand (3d4)[2][2][3](7) as needed
    Superior Resistance
    Heart of Air
    Heart of earth

Zarina "Brightblade"
    M LG Human Warblade/Ftr/Wiz/S.Sword/Abj.Champ/ JPM 1, Level 1/1/4/1/4/ 4 (15), Init 2,
    HP 125 / 125
    AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, +12 AC = 24
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2
    Fullblade +1 +19/14/9 (2d8+8, 19-20) +1d6 vs undead

Lesser crystal of life keeping (+3 vs Death effects, Energy drain, Inflict) Gith craft Mithril Chain Shirt +1, Stacks with armour: Least crystal of Arrow Deflection (+2 AC vs ranged) Dastana +1 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)

Condition

Morning spells

Abilities
    [Inactive] Leading the Charge (+10 damage)

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"Yesterday we moved quickly. It seems unlikely our foes could already have cleared three of the challenges, but I agree that smoke bears investigating. Let's eat quickly and then be off."

Spoiler
    Show

Spells:
    Extended Heroes' Feast 24h
    Extended Wind Walk 28h
    Greater Magic Weapon 14h
    Magic Vestment x2 14h

Extended Superior Resistance still has 24h left.
    Celestial Brilliance still has 13d left.

At will/always on:
    Detect Magic
    Protection from Evil

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

A feast is had as Mirriana summons the food that fill those with brave thoughts and full bellies and before long the heroes shimmer into mostly glowing cloudlike forms and leap into the air and float northwards. As with the previous day the Island of Tilagos in the druidic demi plane is lush and filled with megafauna asyour float northwards you fly above several herds of massive dire elk and the like chewing on the grass, bulette holes are scattered across the plain looking like craters of monstrous size and twice huge eagles nearly as large as fable rocs flap over head ignoring your cloud like shapes.

As you cross the plain and float above the forest its a rch and varied combination of all manner of tree, each one towering a hundred foot or more into the air. The canopy is heavy with nuts and seeds and you can see many small creatures in the trees and a tree shake occasionally as something massive must pass by underneath. The smoke comes from the heart of the woods, the trees turning darker as you get closer the centre of the forest. The thick canopy giving way to darker leaves or dead and bleached white branches jutting skywards.

As you circle closer towards the source of the smoke you can see a large clearing some 200ft in diameter, dry gravel, ashen white bones and dead leaf mulch hinting at a darker presence in the heart of the clearing. However as you float along a few hundred feet up you can see even from ~1000 ft away from the clearing that the massive tree of twisted dark wood that lay at the heart of the clearing is the source of the smoke. Crackling flames that flicker with unholy energies surround the tree and the plume of smoke is dark and looks dangerous to health. Its clear that whatever tree like creature the nightmare twist was its now dead, its branches and trunk now just turning into a funeral pyre... Scattered around the clearing in a loose semi-circle near them though are figures, even from such a distance they can been as various sizes with 3 medium-ish humanoids, a fourth mounted atop a steed and the fifth a mass beast that must stand at least twice as tall as a regular human with deep red skin...

As you are all clouds at 1000ft and several hundred feet none of you have been spotted so far...

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"Well I was expecting the Doomshroud to be some sort of plant," I comment to the others. "And if that was it then it looks like it's already dead. This looks like an opportunity to weaken our foes whilst they're tired. What's should be our plan of attack? It looks like we should plan for fire, unholy energies, and noxious vapors."

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina looks ahead, squinting slightly as she tries make out details on the figures but can't see clearly (with her low Spot skill and low Wisdom I assume at this point she is chronically short sighted). Looking at Mirriana she motions downwards to the ground, and airy "I cannot cast spells in this form. Shall we land, we can enchant ourselves and then attack. Strike hard and strike fast the power of the Hand of Vecna are not to be overlooked."

If the others agree she'll spiral down to the ground and slowly form back from mist form into her more solid form glowing slightly from the luminous armour.
    Show

Cast Shield and Draonskin (red) on self
    Cast mirror image (1d4+5)[8] images

Can offer Fly, resist energy, bull strength and heroics to people

Zarina "Brightblade"
    HP 125 / 125
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2

Condition

Morning spells

Abilities
    [Inactive] Leading the Charge (+10 damage)

18. - Top - End - #408

Donal

"I can ward us against the flames." Donal says once he transforms from cloud back into human shape. He casts the mass ward as well as another protective spell for himself before nodding that he's ready to continue.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: How many temp HP do we get from Heroes' Feast?

Cast Mass Resist Energy (Fire 30) for everyone and then Shield of Faith for himself.

Donal
    HP 181/181 (DR 8/- [up to 50 damage per day, then DR 3/-])
    Temp HP: 8
    AC 38 (43 vs ranged attacks; Deflect Arrows 1/round)

F/R/W: +23/+15/+20

Attack +31/+26/+21
    Damage 1d10+20 +1d6 Fire +1d6 Electricity +2d6 Sneak Attack

Spells Active: Longstrider, Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Vestment, Superior Resistance, Mass Resist Energy (Fire 30), Shield of Faith
    Last edited by Chambers; 2023-05-31 at 10:13 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy didn't like being a cloud, but it was convenient.

He came down to the ground with Zarina and the others.

I'm better suited for aerial support and control. And I can remain unseen. And we need some sort of communication

Makavoy linked the minds of the group with Rary's Telepathic bond.

Then he looked at the group with his mirror like eyes, and a voice from the void arrogantly said:

When we are ready to approach I'll turn Some of you invisible, with me by your side, you are nigh invincible.

Show
    Makavoy
    male LN Illumian (Valkrau) Beguiler/Binder/AM/SS, Level 15, Init 3, HP 90/90, Speed
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 23, Wis 10, Cha 14
    -Bound to The Green Lady (Turn undead 1/5 rounds, +2 charisma, Nerveskitter 1/5 rounds)
    -Bound to Zceryll (Summon pseudonatural monster 1/5 rounds, pseudonatural creature (telepathy, mindsight, immunities)
    -Primal Instincts, Primal Hunter (Uncanny dodge, +5 initiative)
    -Mass Ward (thanks donald)
    -Heroes Feast
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2023-06-02 at 03:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Lan's gaze remained fixed on the plume of smoke as Zarina spoke. To her comments, he snorted, murmuring, "Peace. Hunh ... been so long since something wasn't tryin' t'kill me, not sure I know what peace is. But it sounds nice.

Rabbits 'n all."

Ducking his head down, he moved to take care of the bodies and burn them, least anyone call them back into service.

As they peered down at their competitors, Lan grunted, "What should we expect from this lot? Who do we concentrate on? If this Dark Whats-it is as bad as you say, sounds like a match for all of us. Maybe summon something, send it down to engage, get 'em to waste some spells. Or see if that's real. I don't trust these sneaky mage types."

He glanced over at the newcomer before returning his gaze to Mirr.

OOC: Any thoughts on a game plan to begin with? Lan's good at an initial salvo, but I'd rather thin the ranks them spread the love and have a few heals mitigate our work.

Effects: deeper darkvision (90ft darkvision, no 20% miss chance for shadows; 7 hours); Heroes Feast (+1 attack/Will [morale], +8 temp hps, immune poison/fear; 24 hours); +10 Tumbling

Show
    HPs: 103/95 AC: 23 Touch/Flatfooted: 18/17 Move 30' Initiative +8
    F +16 R +22 W +13 (+14)
    Items: 1/1 Laughing Rogue; 2/2 Quicksilver Boots; 2/2 Horizon Walker; 3/3 Scout's headband; Winged Vest 5/5, Travel devotion: 1/1

Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina looks at Lan and shakes her head, "I'd expect Darl Quethos to be our equal or better in magical power, the efreeti is strong and the two shadowy ones I have no idea" she adds as she rests a hand on Lan's shoulder. "I have a faith in your skills. All of them." and the halfling can feel some skill empowering him. Zarina glances through the trees, "Do we fly or walk through the woods to the enemies?"

Hefting the fullblade in her hand she swishes the air experimentally a few times before looking at the others, "Are we ready?"
    Show

Cast Heroics (140 minutes) on Lan

Zarina "Brightblade"
    HP 125 / 125
    Base Attack Bonus 13/7/2

Condition

Morning spells

Elkist: Mass resist energy 30 (110 mins)

Shield 28 mins
    Dragonskin Red (Fire 20, Nat arm +5) 140 mins
    Mirror Image 8

Abilities
    [Active] Leading the Charge (+10 damage)

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

Walked arrogantly to the others and suppressing for a moment the gifts of the green lady, he turned every one invisible.

He then moved towards the edge of the clearing.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Lan felt a surge of emotion well up, followed by images of him slaying their enemies, while the others gazed up in adoration ... with one in particular. He frowned for a moment, then pushed the thoughts aside as he grunted a thanks to Zarina, turning his focus on the gathered enemies below. "We should hit them from all angles ... limit their area spells. If one or two of them can't see though invisibility, they aren't as good as I thought. I'll attack from above and hope they don't dispel this floating spell. Are we focusing all fire on the leader, or thinning the heard, Mirr?"

OOC: So again, recommend focusing fire, just depends on who we want to engage first. I gotta assume DQ won't let himself die here permanently, but we might drive him off. If we're successful, the rest should be easier pickings. Of course, if he's keeping us busy and they get to attack freely, that would suck. Maybe something to distract him?

For the feat, Lan will take Improved Rapid Shot, if that's okay @DrK - from Complete Warrior, it removes rapid shot penalties.

For ingress to our targets: Move Silently - (1d20+23)[39], Hide - (1d20+23)[27]
    Listen - (1d20+19)[21], Spot - (1d20+19)[33], Search - (1d20+20)[34]

Effects: heroics (imp rapid shot, 140 min); deeper darkvision (90ft darkvision, no 20% miss chance for shadows; 7 hours); Heroes Feast (+1 attack/Will [morale], +8 temp hps, immune poison/fear; 24 hours); +10 Tumbling

Show
    HPs: 133/125 AC: 23 Touch/Flatfooted: 18/17 Move 30' Initiative +8
    F +16 R +22 W +13 (+14)

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2023-12-28 at 03:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

With a mixture of flight and invisibility the party creep through the trees, Lan flying and scouting ahead of them in the woods whilst the warrior trio, Donal and Mahakvoy follow up a little bit behind. Magic crackles as the party advance towards the central clearing where the smell of burning smoke and char drifts over the forest. Its Lan who reaches the edge of the tree line first and "crouches" in the air hovering behind a set of branches of a long dead tree to stare into the clearing beyond.

The clearing is large, probably some 200 feet across and in the centre is vast burning tree, clearly it was no normal tree with its blackened fleshy limb and trunks now aflame with a dark fire. A thin high pitched scream or squeal, an echo of a death scream seems to hang in the air and makes the hair on the back of Lan's arms and the back of his feet stand on end. Standing around the tree are a motley collection of evil and vile humanoids. In the centre of the clearing Darl Quethos stands watching the tree burn, his left hand withered and dead visible from underneath the long purple robes that he wears.

Standing some 30ft to his right are a pair of lithe shadowy figures that seem to flit and blur in the light as if the light is bending around them. Standing beside Darl is a towering figure of flame and rage, a towering 12ft tall muscled figure clutching a sword of fire who seems to be deferring to the figure.

The final creature of the "gang" is a terrifying looking figure of black armour and long spines as the deadly looking black partly demonic knight circles the tree on a black nightmare horse with flaming hooves as they trot through the thin air some 20ft above the ground.....

---

Inivisibly the party can get near to the edge of the tree line some ~100ft from Darl Quethos and the others, peering through the tree Lan crouches in a tree right on the edge some 30ft ahead of the warrior woman.. It does seem that you have the advantage.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"We take out Quethos first. I'll buff up and send an elemental to ambush him. The invisibility will help. Stay close to me if you want physical protection in melee. Attack the moment the elemental emerges!"

I cast a string of spells in preparation, notably growing in size as I do so. Then when I'm done I direct the now invisible elemental against its target and advance into the clearing under cover of Invisibility to get within charge range in preparation.

Spoiler
    Show

Sign
    Surge of Fortune
    Summon Elemental VII
    Holy Transformation
    Righteous Might
    Divine Power
    Protection Devotion

Auras:
    Iron Guard's Glare -4 to threatened enemies' attacks (10ft)
    Holly Transformation: -2 to enemies' attacks and saves within 10ft.
    Protection Devotion +5 sacred to AC within 30ft

Initiative: (1d20+9)[24]
    Manoeuvres: (9d6)[3][4][6][5][2][1][6][1][1](29) first 3 unique (ignoring 6s - only meant to roll d5)
    Defensive Rebuke
    Douse the flames
    White raven tactics

Last edited by RCgothic; 2023-06-27 at 10:13 AM.

26. - Top - End - #416

Donal

Nodding to Mirriana before the invisibility takes hold, Donal agrees to the battle plan. He casts a final spell of his own before they move into position and attack, staying sure to keep within the range of the holy knight's auras.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Barkskin.

Donal
    HP 181/181 (DR 8/- [up to 50 damage per day, then DR 3/-])
    Temp HP: 8
    AC 48 (53 vs ranged attacks; Deflect Arrows 1/round)
    Touch 21, Flat-footed 48

F/R/W: +23/+15/+20

Attack +31/+26/+21
    Damage 1d10+20 +1d6 Fire +1d6 Electricity +2d6 Sneak Attack

Spells Active: Longstrider, Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Vestment, Superior Resistance, Mass Resist Energy (Fire 30), Shield of Faith, Barkskin
    Spells from Others: Heroes Feast (+1 morale attack), Protection Devotion aura (+5 sacred AC)
    Last edited by Chambers; 2023-06-28 at 09:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy walks invisible communicating through the telepathic bond, he is not really a fighter, and Donald, Miriana, Elk seem much more ready to take and deal a beating. But he is the strategist, and under the influence of Zceryl, he feels compelled to order people around the battlefield.

First, we take down their air support...

Show
    Casting Sandstorm as a 80' wide 40' high from the ground up centered on the hoovering knight trying to shape it it so it catches the knight and the two shadowy figures and excludes from Darl Quethos and the Balor***(metagaming guess) Full Hurricane Storm +75MPH wind in a tornado whirlwind shape. DC 26

Then we sap their initiative

Show
    I use Nerveskitter from the Green Lady's magic on myself when rolling initiative.

Makavoy remains outside the edge of trees.

Spoiler: STATS
    Show
    Makavoy
    male LN Illumian (Valkrau) Beguiler/Binder/AM/SS, Level 15, Init 8, HP 90/90, Speed
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 23, Wis 10, Cha 16
    -Bound to Green Lady (+2 charisma, Nerveskitter 1/5 rounds)
    -Bound to Zceryll
    -Primal Insticnts, Primal Hunter +5 initiative, Uncanny Dodge.
    -Invisible 10 rounds
    -Hasted 14 rounds
    -Rary's Telepathic Bond 140 minutes
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2023-07-03 at 04:17 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana, Elkist and Zarina with their new swordsman Donal form a tight wedge as they creep into the trees and pause at the edge of the treeline watching the party of evil adventurers. Lan scouts slightly ahead, as always the small halfling near invisible and silent in the treeline with his natural woodsman skills. With Zceryll making his moves and demanour slightly imperious he moves swiftly to summon a vast storm that suddenly descends upon the enemies in a vast spinning vortex of biting sand and swirling dust!

The two lithe looking figures both react simultaneously throwing themselves out of the way of the finger or whirling sand that dropped down beside them. The flying figure in barbed armour atop the high flying nightmare utters something (though anything he said was immediately whipped away by the wind) before he and his flying mount are sucked up in the spout and onlya flash of black armour or flames can be seen!

OOC: sucked into funnel for (1d10)[4] rounds. Round 1 damage (6d6)[19]

By Darl himself an elemental leaps forward, the Priest shaking his head sadly as the apparation reaches towards him... But all of the enemies ready themesleves expecting chaos and war now, and all spoiling for a fight!!

RCGothic please roll your elemental's attacks

Round 1 Begin

Makavoy, Lan, Mirriana,
    ENEMIES
    Zarina, Donal and Elkist

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Makavoy

Bringing forth the power of Zceryl, Makavoy summons a pseudonatural creature to assist the fight.

A large winged tiger like creature of snow white fur materializes with a roar 40' inside the clearing, rising for a second and diving towards the red demonic figure and pounces him with claws and bite!

Then Makavoy moves deeper into the trees, hiding besides being invisible.

Show
    STANDARD ACTION: Use Zceryl hability to summon monster V, pseudonatural Leskylor that charges the tall red figure 1 claw (1d20+13)[21] Second claw (1D20+13)[15] bite (1D20+8)[26] damage claw 1 (1d6+6)[8] claw 2 (1d6+6)[9] bite (2d6+3)[7]
    Move: Relocate to another quadrant of trees.

Show
    Pseudonatural Leskylor (NG, BoED)

Pseudonatural Leskylor Large Outsider (Extra planar, Good); CR 7; HD 6d10+18; hp 51; Init +4; Spd 40 ft., Fly 80 ft (average).; Space/Reach 10 ft./10 ft.; AC 19 (-1 size, +10 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 19; Base Atk +6; Grp +16; Atk Claw +11 melee (1d6+6); Full Atk 2 claws +1 melee (1d6+6) and bite +6 melee (2d6+3); SA Frost Breath, improved grab, pounce, rake, spell-like abilities; SQ Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to cold, spell-like abilities, DR 5/magic, ER 5( Elecricity, Acid), SR 16 AL NG; SV Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +3; Str 22, Dex 11, Con 17, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 14
    Skills: Hide +2, Listen +7, Move Silently +6, Search +8, Spot +7, Swim +12
    Feats: Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Touch of Golden Ice (Contact DC 14 Evil only, 1d6 Dex secondary 2d6 Dex)
    Frost Breath (Sn): Cone-shaped burst of frost, 30ft long, 3/day, damage 3d6 Ref half DC16
    Pounce (Ex): Full attack + 2 rakes on charge.

Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +11 melee, damage 1d8+3

Improved Grab (Ex): Hit with claw or bite to initiate grapple, if it succeeds can rake.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): 1/day – blessed sight*, cause fear (DC 12), cure moderate wounds (DC 13), eyes of the avoral, hold person (DC 13), obscuring mist, visions of heaven* Caster Level 6th, save Dcs are Wisdom Based. *spells in ch6 of BoED.

True Strike (Su): 1/day can cast True Strike on itself

Alternate Form (Su): As a standard action, a pseudonnatural creature can take the form of a grotesque, tentacled mass (or another appropriately gruesome form, as determined by the DM). Despite the alien appearance, itÂ’s abilities remain unchanged. Other creatures receive a -1 morale penalty on their attack rolls against a pseudonatural creature when it is in this alternate form.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

As the group made preparations, Lan called upon his ability to see through his opponents defenses and strike true. With his eyes glowing blue (unseen to all currently), he waited for the call to arms. When it came, he launched forward, tapping into his connection with the wilds to move swiftly. Anyone who could perceive the halfling would have seen his arm flash swiftly, sending one, two, three, four, five glowing javelins at the dark priest's heart. Time to see if this apostle of a lost god was as good as they feared.

Round 0: Cast find the gap (first shot each round is a touch attack)

Round 1: Activate travel devotion, move 60' to get w/in 30' of DQ (swift) and full attack the SOB (full)
    Attack 1 - Touch - (1d20+26)[39], Damage - (1d4+4)[6]+Skirmish - (6d6)[23]=29
    Attack 2 - (1d20+21)[29], Damage - (1d4+4)[7]+Skirmish - (6d6)[22]=29
    Attack 3 - (1d20+16)[32], Damage - (1d4+4)[6]+Skirmish - (6d6)[24]=30
    Rapid Shot - (1d20+26)[41], Damage - (1d4+4)[7]+Skirmish - (6d6)[16]=23
    Haste - (1d20+26)[35], Damage - (1d4+4)[5]+Skirmish - (6d6)[20]=25

More damage, if DQ turns out to be undead, an arcane spellcaster, a construct or elemental

Effects: Find the gap (1st attack each round is vs touch AC, 6 rounds); Invisible (9 rounds), Haste (+1 att/AC/Ref, +30 move, +1 extra attack; 14 rounds); heroics (imp rapid shot, 140 min); deeper darkvision (90ft darkvision, no 20% miss chance for shadows; 7 hours); Heroes Feast (+1 attack/Will [morale], +8 temp hps, immune poison/fear; 24 hours); extended wind walk (28 hours); +10 Tumbling

Show
    HPs: 133/125 AC: 23 (30) Touch/Flatfooted: 18/17 (25/23) Move 30' Initiative +8
    F +16 R +22 W +13 (+14)
    Javelins (+23, 1d4+3 / +24, 1d4+4 w/in 30', bane vs undead); +1 Comp shortbow (+23, 1d6+2 / +24, 1d6+3 w/in 30', lesser truedeath crystal)

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2023-12-28 at 03:06 PM.